Street Fighter vs Mortal Kombat

Should they make it?

Why would anyone ever want that

They will never make it. Capcom wouldn't let its fighters get dismembered and Ed Boon would never make a MK without fatalities. Also seeing how much of a failure MKxT was, I doubt anyone will make a crossover like that soon

I meant SFxT

No, the games lore/worlds are to different plus MK is ultra violent compared to sf.

MK would do well with something like Killer Instinct.

Why would you inflict the horrid story and gameplay of MK on another fightan game?

what if Capcom ok'd the fatalities and they didn't jew people with the on disk DLC

What if nobody made the game because it's a bad idea with no target audience

They're still too different dude, fighters of different games with different mechanics would be too hard to balance in one game and in the end both MK and SF fans would dislike it. Also both of CAPCOM and NRS are shit at balance and having a bigger roster would mean even more unbalanced game. TL;DR it's never going to happen

What if you punched somebody so hard they turned into a door?
No sense talking about things that will never happen.

All I know is that someone's making a Street Fighter vs Mortal Kombat in MUGEN, but the project seems to be abandoned at this point.

Once you said mugen there was no need to repeat yourself.

Fuck Mortal Kombat, when's JoJo x Street Fighter?

I didn't know i need it until now

Does MKvDC have fatalities?

Yeah, although much of them just suck
And the heroes have "Heroic Brutalities" which also should kill, but just don't because heroes

Wouldn't work. Mortal Kombat's characters are infinitely better fighters than Street Fighter's characters.

Also
I always thought about that. Dio made a lot of effort trolling others.

Forget that

I'll never get censorship at all

The only way you'll ever see SF characters fight MK characters officially is if the game features other FG franchises too.
Harada wants to make the ultimate fighting game crossover with western games included but it's never gonna happen.

its a mashup that doesn't work at all on a mechanical or aesthetic level. also capcom can get fucked and NRS is on thin ice

You would either need to seriously rework teleports. People shit on the block button but anyone with a teleport would be completely broken without it.
I wouldn't mind the fatality removal. Making certain moves look like they hit hard would be enough. And blood on the level of KoF games would be a decent alternative.

All in all I can't see it happening unless NRS abandon's MKX's grimdark and goes back to 9's art style.

But the worst part is not only the lack of blood or gore.
Is that Marvel hitting you with a fucking lightning, WW breaking your neck with the lasso and GL crushing you with 2 giant hammers aren't considered lethal

Nu uh they are writhing in pain so they aren't dead.

the point is THEY SHOULDN'T

I would've loved a Diamond is Unbreakable game

The problem with any sort of Mortal Kombat crossover is most developers don't wanna see their precious characters get ripped apart in brutal fashion.

MKvDC was a T rated peice of shit as a result, and some of the fatalities when used on Kratos in MK9 got toned down, because they didn't want thier precious mascot being humiliated or seem weak.

Street Fighter would especially be a bad fit, that series doesn't even have blood or anything close to realistic violence, it's low intensity and anime-esc, there's no way in hell Capcom would be ok with Ryu's spine being ripped out or Chun-Li being graphically incinerated.

Maybe if they looked outside of the fighting game genre, into some other series, one that has good characters and revels in it's violent content, it could work, but offhand I can't think of anything that fits he bill that would be worth making a crossover game for

You couldn't pick a more boring crossover to do OP.

Tekken vs Virtua Fighter, please.

Would've been better than Street Fighter X Tekken.

How can you translate a 3-button fighting system (guard, punch, kick.) into a limb-button one?

They already added guys like Jason and the Predator as guest characters. Slasher and monster movie guys are the best crossover that Mortal Kombat could realistically have.

Fatal Fury vs Virtua Fighter would work better

Let's wait for them to finish TxSF, if that's still being worked on.

Yes but it's watered down as fuck.

No thank you.

There would be a huge conflict. Would the game be like SF or MK? Huge difference in style between the two franchises.

Gappy and Mikitaka should hang out.

It actually works well imho.

Since we're talking about fighting game crossovers, I always wondered why arcsys never made a Guilty Gear vs Blazblue crossover. It sounds like easy money to me.

The problem pof the crossover is not so much the combat or even having blood, it's the finishing moves that are iconic to the MK brand.

Chances are, Capcom would pussy out of gruesome fatalities, therefore requiring not so brutal fatalities.

HOWEVER

There is a way to work around this which would be to make the X-ray attacks the new finishing moves as either MK or SF characters could perform them.

I'm saying have SF styled mid-battle super moves, where the X-ray attacks are still X-ray, but are coded as "Fatalities" and only done at the end of the match.

The design elements of streetfighter and MK are both so fucking distant it's not even a what if kinda thing like tekken had. Although MK has gone way away from its original design philosophy, so maybe it could work, unless NR unfucks itself and actually makes a more classic game with the next iteration, but I fucking doubt it.

Don't forget they wouldn't hand their franchise over to someone who never made a good game in his life