Classic Ninja Gaiden Thread

Of the three original continuities (Arcade, NES, Master System) which one:
Has the best (or your favorite) gameplay?
Has the best story?
Has the best music?
Has the best enemies?
Has the worst fucking birds?
Is the best over all?

If there happens not to be enough to talk about here we can also discuss other 2D ninja games too.

Important reminder: A little blond boy in a bright orange parka is NOT a fucking Ninja.

Other urls found in this thread:

ask.fm/Evilagram/answers/140818010133
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ninja Gaiden (NES)
i don't care about story
Amiga
NGII
Get good lol
Ninja Gaiden on the PCE

This nigga gave a good analysis of the first Ninja Gaiden's bosses:

ask.fm/Evilagram/answers/140818010133

These obviously aren't the most complex bosses in the world, but they do a lot with a little and they're fairly challenging and dynamic. They each use their own movement (because they have contact damage) as a way to get you to change your positioning, and for all of them, you need to get close to them to damage them, putting you also closer to harm, which you need to react to. There's something to learn from them that modern bosses don't usually have.

input a down + a when you have the whirlwind slash

Remember when Ninja Gaiden just straight up ripped of Black Sabbath who probably in turn ripped off King Crimson?

MD Ninja Gaiden NEVER EVER.

Wasn't it basically completely done too?

(OP)

NES, didn't played SMS and the Arcade version doesn't have cinematics.

After numerous runs I still thing the NES games had better gameplay than the arcades.

Seriously?

Anyway, Ninja Gaiden II had the best music and best gameplay because of the Ninja spirits.

Great general experience, the cinematic tension was perfect, story cliched as hell as a good 80's movie and it's actually less hard than the original game despite being more challenging.

Bonus points for recycling the original bosses as regular enemies.

Kind of a shame we got the NG games that we did.

Or best plot or scenario or however you want to say it.
NES has Ryu tracking down the person who murdered his father and getting wrapped up with the CIA and an ancient demon in South America.
MS has Ryu as the last survivor of his village trying to recover the Bushido scroll from the Shogun of Darkness.
Finally, Arcade has Ryu traveling to America to prevent a descendant of Nostradamus from bringing about the end of the world from deep inside the Pillar Man mansion.

I wouldn't call any of the plots "good", but NES Ninja Gaiden II has the best cutscenes on a technical level. They have nice shading and have effective "animation" and sound cues. Definitely better than the first game's, which were kind of dodgy in some places. III has shit cutscenes, though; they're mostly "bad guy stands and talks to Ryu". The art quality is also the worst out of original trilogy. The Master System game just has static pictures so it probably has the worst "story" by default.

Also, fuck Ninja Gaiden Trilogy on SNES. The only differences are worse control, removed music and graphical effects, worse music, truly awful sound effects, and a garish color palette. They shouldn't have been the unlockable versions of the NES trilogy in the Xbox game. The PCE port of the first game is also worse than the original. For some reason, they completely changed the soundtrack and introduced an ugly and extremely distracting scrolling effect on the background.

I wish more games had cutscenes like Ninja Gaiden. I know about Moon Crystal on the Famicom, but they hardly animate and the story is amazingly boring. The game itself isn't too hot, either.

It was also terrible. Play the prototype if you're interested.

The background strobing is so bad on that version that it's borderline game breaking.

This nigga has no fucking clue of what the hell he's talking about from the 3rd boss on.

Boss 3 - Timing. Bullets only fly during 3rd or 4th jump iirc. Plant yourself in the middle of the room and slash the two bottom bullets (timing again you should be able to down both at once because of hitbox fuckery). If you're too scared for that, Art of Firewheel.

4th Boss - Both hyenas hop short as fuck except in their 3rd jumps (programmers were not creative). The EASIEST safespots are the pillars they're on when you enter the room. Mind the jumps that bounce them off the walls because if they bounce high, you're good, but if it's low, they're going to land underneath the pillars and smack you. Pick them off with your sword or shuriken. Windmill Star just burns fuel for too little return. Once alone, the other one will start jumping higher, but the jumps will be even easier to map.

5th boss - The strategy that works is RUSH HIS SHIT THE FUCK DOWN. RUSH IT DOWN NIGGA WHY YOU WASTING TIME DUCKING SHOTS HE WALKS RIGHT INTO YOUR GODDAMNED SWORD & SPENDS 1.7 SECONDS CHARGING DO YOU KNOW HOW QUICKLY YOU CAN BEAST HIM QUIT BEING A PUSSY AND RUSH HIS SHIT DOWN FUCK JUMPING OUT THE WAY HE'LL DROP BEFORE YOU DO JESUS CHRIST.

6th Boss - Art of Firewheel is all you need, aside of knowing when to wall jump out the way

7th Boss - Take the L, Art of Firewheel & Jaquio's a bitch

8th Boss - Cut the babyhead off, mind the fireballs, Art of Firewheel.

Conclusion: Art of Firewheel op as fuck

The first two bosses are also an open joke. The fights in Shinobi are harder.

Boss 1: Spinning Katana arts. If you jump/time it properly, you can kill the bastard in just one passing.

Boss 2: Duck and jab. That's literally it.

What about the Game Gear one?

You mean those garbage games Nintendildos played because they didn't have access to glorious Super Shinobi? Who gives a shit?

Which one had Godzilla and Spider-Batman?

I think it's just a port of the SMS game.
My nigga

Better than Ninja Gayden 3.

I think Ninja Gaiden I and II are absolutely great but I think I prefer II.

I just love how much bullshit the screen size, respawning enemies and patterns regular enemies have can cause you and how much you can abuse just that. The resource management and timing you have to take care of is also something I really like.

III really disappointed me just by how floaty Ryu's jump is. It really ruined the pace of the first two in my opinion. Shame because what little I've heard of the music I really liked.

Like this one

Does it seem like they mixed up stages 4 and 5 to anyone else?

Ninja Gaiden 1 act 4-2 is my favourite NES song