ITT, games that deserved a more polished sequel

ITT, games that deserved a more polished sequel.

?

I said sequel That's a spin-off.

Should see if I can grab it used for not RARE prices though.

But come to think of it, This spin-off should have gotten some follow-ups of it's own.

it is a sequel tho, the story with zero **the last boss of the first game* and kai playing aroud and being gay as fuck

ebin spoiler I sure didnt fuck that one up

This game is fucking gay as in homosexual innuendos.

it is own

Timesplitters. Franchise was killed just as it was coming out of it's shell.

I loved naMMan 2 dlrrld 2 and I knew they made a 3rd one. But I never got the 3rd one for some reason. And thank fuck I didn't. I was watching gameplay of naMMan 3 dlrrld 3 and it looked fucking awful. First of all, they gave naMMan a VOICE, he should NOT have a fucking voice, especially not a voice that sounds like a mormon at a church. They gave him combat options, why? The music is gay, unlike in naMMan 2 dlrrld 2, which had great music. The whole game looks gay.

Thank EA and Free Radical's retarded marketers for that.

It's a spin-off because the actual game plays nothing like the original.

Ignore the polished part for Vagrant Story, I just really want a proper sequel.

Sometimes I like to think of Bloodborne as my headcannon sequel to nightmare creatures.

:^)

Game has a ton of good original ideas. It also has a ton of stupid ones.

Everything about it sounds exactly like a game that's OK but every ignores it in favor of its vastly better sequel, except for the fact that there is no sequel.

It'll never happen but this game was weird and bizarre enough in just the right places to warrant a cool as fuck sequel.

Come the fuck on.

goes to

Only took 3 tries before the embed actually functioned.

Fucking hell there are just too many of these.

It seems to be like $15 online, that isn't some super absurd price for a used game, especially if it is good. I have nothing to verify how good it is, I just made a guess since I did like the wii one

I've honestly never seen that DS entry, at least as far as I can recall. I imagine that demand can't be too high for it, but at the same time probably isn't the most available/cheap, especially if you're the sort that only goes for complete copies where feasible.

Not that it wasn't good, but after playing them back-to-back a few times the step down in quality is obvious. Hopefully if they ever make a Bayo 3 or a Bayo x DMC they take a little more time before putting it out

Red Steel 2 had a great premise, a mix of FPS and brawler with cool special abilities. The game felt like it had gone through several iterations and has crap in it that really shouldn't be there. Stuff like having to hit open doors, unskippable tutorials when learning a new skill, to dumb vault lockpicking minigame. A sequel that irons out all the kinks would have been a great game.

Red Steel 2 was that sequel to Red Steel 1

one of the biggest problem is the extremely low fov and ridiculous amount of padding to your health, along with the ubisoft/10 collect random gay shit missions

True, but aside from the name the two have really nothing in common, they might as well be two completely different games.

The collect random gay shit missions are optional, I don't think I ever finished any of them. The reward is just money anyway, and there are other ways of making enough money.

What was wrong with jade cocoon 2?

Red Steel 3 could actually be a nice Switch game considering the gimmicks, but we all know it will never be done

Red Steel 2 was all about the sword combat. I don't know if Nintendo is going to make it mandatory for every game to be playable without motion controls, but if they did it would ruin the best part of the game.

I remember that game, a sequal that isn't full of stupid shit would be amazing.

With the book's ability to change things "code" being practically useless outside of what the game tells you to do (I'm pretty sure every purple code type aside from ill has no use outside of making descriptions or in a "recipe" of some sort), questionable combat choices (Judgement Link would be better in a stylish action game where you actually had some more control over it and risk to the reward, or at least serviceable in a Warriors-styled game), questionable design choices (looking at rocks and grass, but also putting that in the Judgement Link button), and the half-assed relationship system, there's a lot that needs fixed. Matrix Software is finally getting out of its "mobile bitch" mode, so maybe we'll see a return to this someday.

I'd wager it depends on how Omega Labyrinth did in Japan (not like they're seeing any profit from the west on that, aside from imports, because no company here wants to touch it) as to if they're out of that hole for the foreseeable future, or wind up going back in. Also have to wonder how well Avalon Code did out there anyhow as a sign of whether it might get returned to somehow. Because it sure didn't sell well here (and is now one of the more expensive DS games in the west), though I'd wager XSEED might not have marketed it well, or something.