Pokemon megas, you create it!

Pokemon megas, you create it!
Artists and pokemon mega lovers step right up, we're going to have a pokemon drawing thread but for megas that have not been created yet. Just post your mega drawings of pokemon or request one. Even redrawn mega of pokemon you may not like the look of.

Megas were a mistake and the only good thing about Sun&Moon was that they scrapped the concept altogether

Megas are trash and even third generation evolutions are crap. Evolutions should be branching, so a basic pokemon evolves in to different forms depending on its abilities and environment and training, not a linear progression from bad to good to better at everything. e.g. Gastly starts out weak but fast and agile with good evasion, then evolves either in to Haunter with higher Special stats and maintaining some (but not all) speed and evasion while Gengar gets tankier with physical stats and a HP boost to offset the evasion and speed loss. There, pokemon is now infinitely better.

I think it would be funny if the megas were just the same pokemon but with megatits haha.

so what happened with flygon? I got a few ideas for a design.
and yes, I'm salty

who?

One, the hitmon line did this.
Two, isn't that a digimon thing

He's actually way better now because of dragon dance.

ebin memes, also they didn't scrap Megas as a concept, you retarded user #1. As for #2:
You already have the Tyrouge-Hitmonchan/lee/top line that evolves differently due to stats. Also that's just a stupid idea all together. Maybe I people like a standard looking Gengar and don't want it to look different if they want it fast.
Maybe in your ideaguy head where everything sounds better.

It's not going past UU any time, though. And it hasn't seen much use in VGC 2017 either.

Died trying and boy it didn't try too hard

I typed it anyway

I think flygon would look best with a subtle, asymmetrical design. his base colour could be a bit darker, make him a bit larger. the head spines could be a bit longer. give him four wings, where one is smaller than the other, and reversed on the other side. those red orb things could meld into something like sunglasses, and extend behind the head, with one part of it slightly longer. maybe the stripe on his tail could swirl like a candy cane. give one leg a reversed layout for the colours. the tail spines could go to five, and spread kinda like the leaves on a flower. these don't have to be use all at once of course. flygon already has a very simple design, and it shouldn't be extenuated into some convoluted mess. less is more.

Mega Snorlax
Dark/Ghost
Ability: wonder guard
hp = 160
att = 150
def = 5
sp. att = 140
sp. def = 5
spe = 180

Mega Meganium
Grass/Fairy
Ability: Regenerator
80/97/130/98/130/90
Gains Access to: Floral Healing, Fairy Wind, Dazzling Gleam, Flower Shield, Purify

Mega Ariados
Bug/Dark
Ability: Merciless
70/130/75/40/75/110
Gains Access to: Pursuit

Mega Torterra
Ability: Earthbreaker - Turns Ground Type attacks into Rock types when against pokemon who are immune to Ground types (Flying types, Levitate, Air balloon etc.)
95/149/140/85/110/46

Mega Infernape
Ability: Trickster - Doubles the power of Priority moves
76/124/81/124/81/148
Gains Access to: Bullet Punch, Shadow Sneak, Quick Attack and Sucker Punch

Mega Empoleon
Ability: Competitive/Slush Rush
84/91/98/146/131/80
Gains Access to: Calm mind

Megas are a fucking retarded idea. THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN REAL EVOLUTIONS.

EVIOLITE

Giving pokemon people liked a bunch of hideous evolutions worked wonders in gen 4 right?

Obviously you fix that, too.

You and GF have more in common than you'd think

If you don’t have a counter to something with Eviolite, you deserve to lose. Fuck, you’re shit at these games.

Considering damn near every mega is hideous what makes you think they'd be any different if they were real evolutions?

yeah let's make kock-off even more mandatory than it already is

Funny how you’re acting like you claim I act…

Because megas inherently kept the aesthetic of the Pokémon from which they evolve BECAUSE they are STILL that Pokémon (still the same name, no HP bump, etc.). They’re boosted versions of the same Pokémon. If GameFreak wanted to give certain Pokémon different forms (like the split Mewtwo), that’s one thing.

I haven't got your style down perfectly though, let me try again

How about now; warmer? colder? Let me know so I can improve on it.

Personally I would prefer something like an attack or speed oriented Eviolite. Megas are cool and all but the problem is that once you get that pokemon's mega stone there's no reason not to mega it. If they reworked mega evolution to require that the pokemon KOs one enemy first, it would be much more fun.
Also making Frisk block all enemy items, including mega stones and Z-crystals, would be interesting to see.

I'd like a Mega Eevee with Protean. Maybe change it's appearance slightly to resemble the eeveelutions as it changes type. Eevee can adapt to pretty much anything in lore, and megaing it would make that go haywire. I think one of the Pokemon mangas had something like this.

Megas are one per team and defensive pokemon are often better using a held item than a mega stone, there's still plenty of reason not to use a pokemon's mega evolution.

posting some from my favorite fake mega artist

That Haxorus barely looks any different. Tyrantrum, Flygon and Tropius look awesome, though.

those are good