Remember when these were a thing?

Remember when these were a thing?

It's pretty obvious they were called hell valley sky trees for a very simple reason:

1. They are trees or similar enough to the programmer (who probably doesn't give a shit)
2. The level you see them in is a valley
3. The valley is filled with lava, like hell
4. The "trees" are located up near the sky
5. They are "beyond hell valley" because they are outside the level

Ergo, the level is a "hell valley", and those are "trees" in the "sky" beyond it.
That's not even a game theory, it's just fucking obvious.
The game is also Mario Galaxy 2 so the alien appearance is not even suspicious.

Sorry for the autistic rant out of nowhere, this has just been bugging me for a while.

Okay but what do they look like up close?

What is it with these fucking ghost things that keep appearing in Mario games?

They just look like generic aliens.
I don't think you're supposed to look at them up close anyway, that's why they are not detailed.

It was just some generic background fluff.

Why you such a fag-liker?

(checked)
Knowing the brilliant character design that the mario franchise is known for? Probably the same.

It still amazes me people found that. Part of me wishes data mining wasn't a thing so shit like this could stay hidden for years.

Hidden shit in Mario games is always good Odyssey better have some sick optional areas

Remember when the creator of Binding of Issac intended to have this huge ARG in the game and within the same day he released the patch all the info was just datamined?
He was so assblasted.

I think he still is.

I don't blame him for getting mad for wanting things to be like the old days but yea he could have handled it better. Right now I'm pretty much done with Edmund. He was a qwerky dude who made some decent stuff back in the days but after the 5th or so rehashed update to the same game I'm getting kinda sick of his shit.

Gondolas

If you're referring to OP's image, that means that the one on the left has a raging boner much larger than the rest of it's body.

I think part of it is when it seems to make no sense in context to the game, but in a fairly uncanny way.

The ghost in 3d land doesn't resemble any known mario character. Same with the hell valley trees.

it looks more like a reference to Beksenski's art.

I fucking agree, it better have a hot number somewhere in it with no out-in-the-open answer.

big benis hahahhaha

They're just some random fuck all aliens that see some humanoid red alien jumping on some reptiles in lava crater. Probably still cave man level or pretty industrial era species if they are even sentient and not some weird as space cows that are just looking at rapid movement.

i wouldnt count on it user

Non-manlet shy guys

Confident Guys?

No.
It is truth BeksiƄski is being used for video games but just look at them.
They look nowhere like each other. Also very often most simple answers are best ones.
This most likely is irrelevant skoopy easter egg because Nintendo likes to do such. It is most likely called hell valley trees because they might be trees that look like ghosts.

On a side note it was long ass time since I found that EYE thing. I should do same image as someone who did one on the right.

I love his painting of the thousands of mesa and circles of "people" around the fires.