Gore bread

Reddit strikes again…

History was not made today. It was destroyed.
*mfw xbox emulator never ever*

post vidya gore.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_History_X
archive.is/DMm1z
archive.is/7IPhk
theisozone.com/downloads/xbox/xbox-isos/breakdown-usa/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There is nothing worth a shit to play on Xbox anyway, so nothing of value was lost.

meh, nothing of value was lost

the actual reddit link. People are actually defending this shit.

reddit DOT COM/r/pcmasterrace/comments/5qewph/refurbished_and_old_xbox_development_kit_and_made/

that second picture always gets me.

What did you expect?

A lot of ds lites has issues with the hinge breaking so it's most likely someone just being resourceful and salvaging an otherwise broken system.

I know there's no real way to prove it, but I don't go there. I was linked to this specific page by a friend.

I just love how he just wrote "game boy" on it all shittily and called it a day.

Always leave it to fucking Reddit to manage to completely fuck up archiving something interesting. Could have had useful shit about the OS on the HDD, or fucking early builds of games, but now it's gone. Why the fuck do these autists get this shit and ruin it, I'd even prefer these to wind up in those collectorfags hands that leave it on a shelf to look pretty than fuck it up like this.

Amazing level of intelligence on display.

There was no data found on the system which means that Microsoft probably wiped the damn thing before it got out. You fucking niggers are worse than liberals wanting free video games and shit, I swear.

muh dick

woah…

it strikes indeed

I think this guy should write books

I now feel like going down to the recycling centres around me. There's maybe 3 within driving distance, and not many people go there. Maybe I'll find some vidya or tech goodies.

How rare are these dev kits? Are more known to exist? Hopefully there's still a chance we can get all the documentation from another one.
Still if anyone here is a redditor make yourself useful and tell him he's a fucking idiot. The original Xbox had a custom Nvidia chip with nearly no documentation, and it's the thing stopping us from emulating it. This isn't a case of pcfags being too cheap to own an xbox either, because xboxes used aerogel capacitors to power the realtime clock and those things burst all over the board and can corrode it. If we don't find a way to make the games playable outside an original Xbox we'll lose access to games like JSRF and Ninja Gaiden: Black.
Imagine if the guy who recently found the source code for Turok Dinosaur Hunter on a N64 dev kit went and turned it into a shitty mustard rig.

it was nothing to him, he didn't say there was nothing

Being a retarded fuck is one thing, but then justifying someone else his retardation is faggotry of a whole new level. Jesus fucking Christ.

Well then.., My anger just turned into a boner.

bro, the filesystem on the drive is not compatible with windows.

It had data on it that he couldn't see, so he assumed it was empty. in order to use the drive, he formatted it.

Everyone on that fucking site should be shot, I don't even like the xbox but even I wouldn't destroy that.

If you take an Xbox hard drive and plug it into a PC it appears to be corrupt, or empty. I wouldn't be surprised if the same applied to the dev kits.

Now I'm not going to Reddit to read his post, but what's the actual problem with what he's done?

All of the fucking hardware is still there. He just gutted it out of a FRAME. Go there and offer him $20 for the hardware, problem solved,providing you're not a nigger and don't have a liberal arts degree.

you would not believe the rare old gaming shit i've found at recycling centres. it's harder now because every normalfag wants to sell the very first nintendo ds model on ebay, but at the recycling depot i found a genesis and like thirty games, old dance mats, a frankly hilarious number of guitar hero/rock band instruments, lightguns, banging old CRTs etc

You are one dumb nigger.

noice

The real question is if anyone here ISN'T a redditor at this point.

that's what really gets me

The problem is I live in Australia, and we never got massive amounts of older consoles, due to shipping costs and lack of interest.

it wasn't wiped clean. It had 20gb of crap and it could be possible to recover deleted files but now all is lost cause he probably overwrote the whole thing

No need, people on there are already doing that from what I see.

He also wiped the hard because it had 20gb of "nothing" and is refusing to sell the parts for whatever reason.

They're defending it in this thread.

He said "of nothing". Data might be in an alternative disk format he wasnt aware of or, if it was, may not have been wiped entirely and could potentially have been recovered. Dude fucked up massively.

He estimates that theres around 50 of those in existence and he personally cut one down.

jesus shitting christ i shouldn't have this boner

It's the software that was on that HDD that makes it important. Hopefully he didn't wipe it, and it just didn't come up properly.

What in the ever loving fuck is that? it looks like a part of hell was summoned into his computer.

Huh. Never thought of that. But that begs the question though with is if he knew this shit was rare, why didn't he sell it for something more or possibly even research how to read the data? If I saw a case like that and look it up, I'd be going 'THE FUCK THE FUCK'. I think it'd turn out much like the guy who found the turok workstation a couple weeks ago where he just didn't do anything with it that i'm aware of, what makes you think this guy would have done anything differently? Kinda sucks then if that's the case that the stuff is gone. It wouldn't be the first time we've lost treasure like that Rip homeworld cataclysm source code

Thats the computer where the original Doom was made

too much thermal paste

This is a redditor we're talking about here.

And then there's this guy

Holla Forums gets worse by the day

The funniest part about this whole ordeal is that this guy almost certainly wiped what could have been incredibly useful information so that he could get worthless points on the internet.

AAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRAAAAAA!

oh god why

Is it worth going out to buy an OG xbox, Holla Forums? I mostly just play fighting games now, but what's the best the system can offer that I don't know of already?

i very much doubt that you post anything of worth

kek

Looks like some kind of rubber casing, like they make monster masks out of.

He was an absolute madman. He's one of the best programmers I can think of. I remember an interview with Romero; he said they made it all on workstations and didn't play it for ages, they just assumed they wrote it correctly.

Got a list like that for exclusives?

TETSUOOOOOOO

Don't forget we'll also lose the best versions of multiplats like SoulCalibur 2.

He's just as worse, he refuses to release the source code instead he just brags he has it and plans to sell it.

It usually has the best version of multiplats at the time, and it's easy as fuck to mod. As for exclusives I can't think of anything not in that list. Ninja Gaiden Black is the best version of the original NG post-reboot, and it's much harder than Sigma. Far Cry: Instincts is neat enough for a playthrough, and has a now-useless map editor.
The homebrew is pretty cool too. Kodi. the PC media centre thing, started off as XBox Media Centre. It has a port of fucking MUGEN too.

Best multiplats for 6th gen, homebrew/emulators in 720/1080, XBMC for (now outdated though) media center fun, LAN play, replacing HDD with a bigger one and installing games/DVDs to it, etc.

Online is still fairly alive, BRs love Halo 2 still for some fucking reason.

I just filled with rage user.

Fuck that list and fuck you

I decided to take a peek at the poster's post history. I don't know how to read a Reddit thread easily.

Anyways, he said it was formatted BEFORE he even got it, likely by Microsoft.
Also, apparently it was used for Xbox Software Dev, not game Dev. There might of been something like source code for the system, but no special game builds.

It's definitely worth it if you can get one cheap.
I saw a place in my town selling them for the price of an SA membership and I NEVER FUCKING FOUND IT AGAIN FUCK I HATE HAVING POOR ROAD NAVIGATION SKILLS

motherfucker that is literally priceless, it would lead to an almost instantaneous breakthrough in xbox emulation

>always been bi
>but now i'm really interested in girls
if this doesn't prove gay/trans is a mental illness then….

Eh, only thing I got on par.

Looks fucking terrible for heat transfer.

That alone is enough to justify exterminating all bronies.

Try read it again you illiterate.

What a waste of a nice IRIX box.

if they get jsrf, then they'll get sega gt 2002 with it. i'd just put it along side jsrf

what exactly am i missing here? a retard says that microsoft formatted the hard drive, but this is the same guy who didn't realize until after the fact that xbox hard drives show as empty/corrupt when you hook them up to a computer. get over yourself

So no chance of recovery at all?

Are we doing this now?

I believe it.

where i live, a wartime mosin can be bought for literally a hundred and fifty bucks. k98s flat-out don't exist here in canacuckistan for less than a thousand dollars and they're almost always some post-war butchered-by-slavs version

He said his father was talking to him about it and said MS formatted it.
Every chance he's a retard, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they did cleanse every piece of tech that left their buildings.

Why? It's not like anyone's going to make shitty homebrew games for it.

People are talking about this shit like it had the source code to Jet Set Radio Future on it or something.

Okay, now I'm fucking mad.

Didn't someone on /k/ confirm that to be a replica?

I know, it's crazy.

It's not video games. It's just obsolete software related to compiling video games on an obsolete console that nobody really gives a shit about aside from the fact it lacks an emulator.

Now I'm even more pissed.

It's a valuable historical artifact, like an unearthed smithy or the bones of a long-dead species.
This shit is inexcusable.

Why are you such an obnoxious faggot?

Nah, think it was legitimate. It's always the fucking bronies that have these sorts of weapons to butcher as well.

Some men have vaginas some women have dicks, you bigot

that's not right

it's a mitchell's mauser
that means it was a k98 that was russian captured, refurbished by russians, then bought and (poorly) refurbished again to look like it was never refurbished in the first place
so it's worthless as a collector's item

it's fine

Oh? So you managed to get a peek as to what was on the disk then? Fucking idiot.

Last thing I have cringe related to guns.

Stop replying to b8

This is your brain on reddit

So what did the father say?

fucking hell, that first image.

Remember to say thanks to your mom.

this webm makes me so fucking mad that people like this exist.

I guarantee that first one plays assfaggots.

WHAT THE EVER LOVING FUCK IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?
FUCK

Fanboys are the fucking worse.

Fucking hell reddit

in regards to gutting it, or selling it?
I ask because the dad went on reddit once to ask about how much he should sell it for. Reddit told him he could get a thousand dollars or more for it, but he still didn't sell it.

His father has not said anything about the kid's evil deed afaik.

Well now this is just pathetic

fucking reddit

this thread is not good for my health

gib more

Finally.

I swear to God we're never getting Jet Set Radio Future decently playable on PC. Fuck.

I'm sorry but i have an autistic fixation witj certain things and that faggot just wrote his name at the top of my list, i will harass the shit outta him now.

hahaha this post

don't forget to take pics

For the love of god, I can smell his neckbeard from here

heh

did i miss something?

you missed the part where any hard drive formatted for an og xbox will show up as empty or corrupted when plugged into an average PC, then dismissed all the stuff inside as "mostly obsolete"

URGE TO MAIM HIPSTERS RISING
VOLATILE MEMORY LOW

noooooo
noooooooooooooo
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

i wonder if there would be idiots like that on the 41 millenium turning STC into "bricks"

Anyone have a link to the full story on 3? I see a letter signed "Santa"

Reminder that if any of you have kids, remember to make absolutely sure they don't end up like this faggot.

i didn't understod when the hard drive was formated, i thought it was formated before the redditor bought it since some companies sometimes hand to their workers dated equipment that otherwise it would go to the trash, so i thought they would hand it to the microsoft guy only if the hard drive was formated

Could have sold it for a nice sum of money too, but nope, reddit gotta prove they're absolute imbeciles.

Wouldn't the Xbox's processor be near identical to traditional computer processors, since it was made by an actual computer company? Thus making emulation extremely easy?

Its about the code you dunce
Its impossible to fully retro-engineer compiled code

those are after the earthquake that hit japan

This has been said 1000 times you retarded nigger. If it were true, we would already have Xbox emulation

The processor isn't the problem. It's pretty much a Pentium 3 with some differences. You can even replace it with a legit pentium 3.
It's the graphics card that's causing emulation issues. It's custom built by Nvidia and includes lots of tech that didn't exist at the time. Nobody knows how to emulate it, and Nvidia would prefer to keep it that way.

What in the everloving fuck did I just read?

its all fiction

Unfortunately not enough.

lewd

I think I got cancer from reading this shit. Fuck you, user.

>Nearly half of all trans ████ in America attempt to end their own lives
Unfortunately not enough.

this has to be a fucking movie sketch or some shit
how can one mom be this fucking based

When your child is so fucked up in life, that only their parent stepping in to fuck them is what starts steering them back to the path of slightly "normal."

What happens when Venom accidentally jack off's symbiotie substance on to his PC.

Is there some organization that can be contacted to rescue these guns from their abusers so they can be restored like to their former selves and live their reaming lives in peace?

I fucking hate redditfags so much.

And people on here say incest is bad… :'^)

For Fuck's sake. I thought that first response was ironic.

I wish a women would have some balls every now and then…

hernandez, hows the visa going?

There's meta levels of 'No, fuck you' there. Imagine being such the bitch that you'd actually do it to appease the freak.

Clearly that mod's microdick was itching in his granny panties.

Holy shit. Imagine this

I chuckled

This is the soul of a leftist, their deepest desire. This is what all leftists would do if they had the power. See:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_History_X

Seamus Blackley said they were pre-launch dev kits and they go for $5000 or more. Possibly 10K. Especially as they are guaranteed to contain launch title code (Even if it was a beta of Fuzion Frenzy, that would be worth a fuck ton as that was the first Xbox game ever made) and the only other one he knows of are one Microsoft that still exists and boots is sitting somewhere in Phil Spencer's office (There's another one on display in one of MS Studios trophy cabinets along with the X-CORE prototype but he's unsure if it boots).

That stupid motherfucker on reddit could have got a Titan X Pascal custom built motherfucker if he sold it off as is instead of wanting reddit points and gutting it.

And if fucking PC Master Race on leddit is roasting you for destroying an incredibly important part of console history. You damn well fucked up. That GPU alone would be essential to emulator devs.

I completely forgot about that, I'd bet money that stupid cunt threw it out because its "obsolete".

$100 says the guy probably didn't even know what hard drive was…

I honestly would've felt worse if it was a prototype Dreamcast or N64 or some shit. But man its just an Xbox. There's worse shit that could've happened. I doubt there was anything special on that HDD except MAYBE possibly prototype Halo or some shit. Overall its just PC hardware with some x86 instructions fucked with to prevent the hardware from running on actual PCs

Regardless of what you think about the Xbox and whether or not it has any worthwhile games, this is the most idiotic decision you could make. I'm for preserving shit and this really pisses me off.

It actually is, but I believe Windows hides it by default. The Xbox uses XFS which is just Fat32 with a different label

Can anyone explain what he exactly did?I know jack shit about computers.

He took a prototype xbox, then he wiped the HDD which potentially had prototype software on it, and threw out all the prototype hardware because he though it was "obsolete" and just kept the case for his next PC build

ebay.com/itm/Original-Xbox-Green-Transparent-Debug-System-Rare-Developer-System-/292009229434?hash=item43fd1b3c7a%3Ag%3A65YAAOSwnHZYh7fB&_trkparms=pageci%253A5f538dcd-e5c8-11e6-94df-74dbd1803116%257Cparentrq%253Ae7fea9f91590a78875ba27e6ffa99c95%257Ciid%253A5

This is so retarded that even reddit is not absolving this fag of his sins.

So… just like another company that shall go unnamed?

This level of stupidity can not be real. I'm fucking awestruck.

Only on fucking Reddit.

Thats not a prototype, retard, thata a debug system. Its completely different. There are literally hundreds of those floating around. The Kid in the OP had an actual prototype built into a PC case and there is supposedly only like 50 in existence

Basically he had a prototype/devkit xbox with data inside that couldnt be read by standard pcs. He completely wiped its harddrive and basically threw out most of the hardware and used it as a 'cool pc case'
Very few of those exist and not only could be valued for over 10k, but also both the data and hardware used for it could have given invaluable information on how the xbox and its games work and greatly helped emulator developers.

He had something that had immense value for developers or just collectors and butchered it just for the case

The gun was actually bought by someone on /k/ who restored it thankfully

Not to mention that even if he didn't care about any of that shit, he STILL could have sold it for thousands and built a much better computer.

Noticed no one else posting the other image from this idiot because it gets worse

Components on carpet
FUCKING FRIED
FRIED THE RARE AS FUCK COMPONENTS BY LAYING THEM ON CARPET

FUCKING
REDDIT
FAGS

>guts the hardware away because it's "old and obsolete" of course he thinks it's worthless because it's old, it's fucking /r/pcmasterrace and takes a picture of the original hardware lying on a filthy rug
I'm actually surprised he didn't take a shit on it because PC Master Race maymays

Fuck I meant XFAT. XFS is an old SGI FS

Why would someone do this, user? Someone explain this reckless faggotry.

Fuminori wanted a seemingly regular computer.

Why is it fried? Every component I've had I laid on a carpet at least once when I was working on the floor. MB, graphics, sound, network, just like in that image but not all at once.

JESUS CHRIST FAGGOTS

EMULATORS ARE MEANT TO KEEP THOSE SYSTEMS ALIVE, NOT TO PLAY STUPID VIDEO GAMES ON THE FIRST DEMAND.

AND THIS COLOSSAL FAGGOT WHO'S A BIT OVER THAN YOU MAY JUST CAUSED XBOX EMULATION'S DEATH.

AND YOU FAGGOTS STILL TRYING TO ARGUE OVER INSIGNIFICANCE OF XBOX GAMES

WHO THE FUCK CARES

Fucking degenerate

This thread has raised my blood pressure significantly

Having hacked xboxes I can confirm that "20gb of nothing" could very well have been original dev files. You can't view an xbox filesystem without purpose-built software.
Fuck this asshole to death

You know it! :)

Please don't do that.

Explain to me how it fries components because it never has. I doubt that the redditor fried his at all.

>tfw you realize reddit is crazier than nu-4chan

Fucking gay dude

Carpet generates static electricity and static electricity kills electronics especially stuff this old.

but yeah esd doesn't always mean instant death but it can reduce the lifespan of stuff so don't do it

it can, that's all. carpets are way more prone to static electricity than say a piece of the foam they ship components in or even a plain old wooden countertop or something. it's just bad form, like a doctor not washing his hands before a surgery - it's likely nothing will go wrong but he knows better

Do we have confirmation that this guy is not a mega trole mastur yet? I think he's doing a great job pissing people off by destroying history of a new medium, but is it for the lulz, or pure ignorance?

on reddit you can always safely assume someone actually is as retarded as they appear to be.

Unenlightened elitism.
Nigger thinks pc is master race, but is totally oblivious to the fact that one of the reasons pc is master race as opposed to just not being as bad as consoles is the fact that pc can emulate consoles, which this faggot just shat on for what is essentially taxidermy.

Imagine if someone found a living dodo bird/mammoth then shot it and had it made into a trophy mount, you'd find the same sort of hate in that situation.

It doesn't matter, he's a fucking nigger who deserves the rope for such disregard for history.

It's reddit. A place where people believe shitposting = le epic trolling

you'd need to be a dedicated as fuck trolle to source parts that old that are similar to the devkit ones

i imagine that at this point he's playing the "ha gotcha i was merely pretending to be retarded" card in an attempt to save face

This is part of the reason I stopped playing Planetside and using Reddit.

You gotta be a supreme ruseman to kill the only chance to help making an original xbox emulator for years.

nevermind if he used one of the shittiest lulz generating methods in the book, this thread got 200 replies in >4 hours, so I'd say if he is a rusemaster, he has certainly won.
this is my headcanon, I still have trouble acknowledging the sheer inconsistency of human intelligence
also, is it time to wake /baph/ up?

also i made archives of his retardation
archive.is/DMm1z
archive.is/7IPhk

Some choice quotes

"I literally saw nothing, no folders, no text files, no applications, nothing and I could have fucked up, my parents did when I was born so its possible but whats done is done there are more out there."

"you people dont understand it was internal use only it made Xbox software not games. If you guys wanted it so bad my father came on Reddit a couple years ago and got no takers and now you suffer the consequences. you act like you own it and are chewing me out for breaking your stuff, well news flash i own it i do what i feel is best and in my humble and according to you guys shitty opinion i chose an upgrade. To your point about Xbox emulators they exist. if you really want one find someone who owns one and wants to let go of it, im not that person."

"specs are as follows: Intel® Core™ i3-7100T Processor (3M Cache, 3.40 GHz) MSI GTX 1050ti Gigabyte H110M-A 8 gb DDR4"

this both disgusting and a bit arousing at the same time
hang
a noble attempt
ah now i see she IS part of the problem

you are on Holla Forums and have been to 4chan at least a couple times in your life. surely you've come to terms with the truth by now. you know what really bothers me about all this? think of how many treasures, not even vidya treasures but just priceless things that are just unbelievably valuable from an archaeological or scientific standpoint, that have probably been ruined or torn apart by slavering retards who don't appreciate what they are or what they could be. they found a simple mechanical computer on a lost roman ship years ago, sunk in the bottom of a lake. imagine how many other marvels were thrown away because they're "obsolete" that the scientific community will never get the chance to reverse engineer

wow
my fuckin' laptop has an i5
it's the only computer I own

that truth is harder to swallow than Sir Reginald's ideology

so reddit fucked up not once but twice on this same thing?!

It's not so much daddy-issues as it is an attempt at self-deprecation to appear funny to the angry users.

Jesus Christ.

It's by no means guaranteed to fuck them up, just not a good idea generally.

Ain't that the fucking truth.
His dad should retroactively abort this little shit.

she even tried to redpill her son

Dick status: muh

I am a little upset.

It fucking hurts. Fuck this cunt and fuck Redditors too. I can't find any copy of Breakdown anywhere at all. And I've always wanted to play it really badly.

theisozone.com/downloads/xbox/xbox-isos/breakdown-usa/
Was it that fucking hard.

And my Xbox may have got a trace corrosion recently, too. Seeing that sucks. Now if Sega could port JSRF and Crazy Taxi 3: High Roller, that would be excellent.

I wish mercy were my mom

We sail in dangerous waters.

>>>/oven/

What the fuck

The PCMustardRace sub seems to tearing him a new asshole, so I wouldn't count them out completely.

If Mercy were your mom, you wouldn't have two dads, and where would you be then?

Everybody on the site being killed would be a massive net-positive on the world. No more AIDS, no more feminism, no more weak males.

man she is sitting there letting her sun finger himself and jerking off in front of a webcam right across, that isn't based

I get that he is a reddit fag, but why would he stick around asking to get unbanned? At some point he should have just starting triggering the tran fag.

Also calling him by his "chosen" name.

What is this

A degenerate jerking off while Mum talks about the wisdom of Nostradamus.
It's on Efukt, and I've seen it before, but couldn't tell you the video title.

I wonder why MS doesn't just make their own emulator and port their games over. I would actually pay money for them if MS did that.
I'd also instantly work on making a free version of the emulator.

I refuse to believe this is real. It's much more likely it's a troll and that thing is not an actual dev kit

I'm starting to think the the effects of Reddit on the brain are worse than Twitter and Facebook.

At least reddit occasionally plays older games.

She did what had to be done, I hope that this pays off and years from now she smiles at her grandchildren knowing it was worth it.

NO. SOUND.

Reads like a sex fanfic.

99% chance this is fake.

She deserves to die for being such a defective piece of shit just like her son (that is inplying that this ever happened, which i very much doubt)

He's just some faggot new who cares more about money than the n64 scene, this actual fucking dimp just cared about nothing and potentially destroyed components by putting them on a carpet, and wiped all the data off the hard drive.

FUCK THESE GUYS
I work as a contractor in buildings and every so often you have entire offices or IT teams cleaning house and dumping fucking EVERYTHING into cardboard pallet bins to be shipped off to "recycling". I've found tape drives, Pentium I servers with tape drives in them, modern (intel Core) laptops in working condition, fucking monitors EVERYWHERE. iMacs with the all-in-one colored plastic design. A box of 2007-era Blackberries. ~30 iPads, hurr we got new ones so they told me to throw these out. Once there was even a software trashing day and I was digging through piles of WordPerfect on 5 1/2 floppies, Windows 3.1, Word 98, fucking everything even this software box with moonspeak all over it called "Ichitaro Web Browser", probably some weeb's souvenir from a trip to Japan in 2000, sitting in a corner forgotten until now. But you can't take a thing since security is all over it and I don't want to lose my job. HURR it's for "recycling".

You forgot that time that Reddit got it's hands on two SVD Dragunov (no, not PSL, actual pre-ban Dragunovs) rifles in a storage unit buyout and hacksawed them into pieces.
/k/ tried to get the ATF involved because he sawed the barrels first and created SBRs, but I don't know if it went anywhere

He linked his father's account in a comment. The father's only post is trying to sell it on a dead subreddit, where he states it runs a custom version of Windows NT, which almost confirms that it wasn't wiped already, and op is a lying faggot trying to cover his ass.

Funny thing is XFS was still usable a few years ago, although a bad idea for systems that aren't rock-solid.

Anyway more guro. Someone post the N64 smashing one.

Found it.

I live in Aus as well, we have fuck all here and everyone just put their old shit on ebay or gives it to cash convertors and then they sell it for ebay prices.

I went to one of those tip shops and the shit isnt even cheap, I managed to get a few ps1 controllers for $5 each but that was about the limit of any bargains.

Reminds me about the time some normalfag got the Nintendo Play Station from his dad from a bid, and that shit was locked up in an attic for years until plebbit told them the story. If it weren't for those few, that fag would've most likely trashed it in the future.

Allow me to spell it out

I think I got it all

Lets say you have a kid, they are good at school and want to goto uni to study STEM.
After living out of home for 2 years they come back having dropped out of STEM and have been taking social studies.
Now they are a faggot and all is lost but if your wife gives him one headjob all is well and he gets much closer to normal than he was even going to be, is it worth it?
IMO yes but I would hire a hooker instead, no faggot son is going to cuck me

How edgy.

Honestly this is the most confusing part of it all to me, it's current year, HDDs and SSDs with exponentially more space, cost fractions of what this whole Dev Kit must have cost, and he decided it was necessary that he wipe a fucking 20 Gig HDD to use instead of keeping the drive and putting in a better one

It just makes no sense, like what the fuck can you do with a 20 Gig Harddrive

Prove you're an incompetent retard to other incompetent retards? Fuck up any chance of getting an emulator for some great games?

I don't think he kept the hard drive though, I think he just kept the case and ruined all the other components.

"He's just being creative"

I mean even a redditor most realize that 500 GB is small, so whats even the point of having a 20 Gig HDD, important MS dev kit info or not, a Windows Install alone would take up a a good portion of that

That makes even less sense, why wipe it if you weren't going to use it, fucking redditors, I swear

I can't wrap my head around this mentality. Why destroy just for the sake of it? He couldn't post photos and say "Oh man I got this xbox devkit, it's super rare, lets see if it boots up!" and not "lol look at this stupid xbox thing, the hardware was all outdated so I trashed it, hard drive said something but I formatted it, lol all of the internets right guys?"
It's like when you were a kid in the playground and watching a praying mantis or a butterfly and then the shitkicker kid with no father runs up and stomps on it like it's a great achievement and then runs back to banging his head into the ground or whatever until his mom carts him off.

Dumb shits are everywhere, they don't understand that he could have gutted it and used the case but sent the HDD to someone that isn't going to format it for no reason.

I went and read the thread. The OP was a literal kid, his dad gave him the case after he got it from a garage sale a few years ago.

In that case his dad is the fool but lets face it, there are many tech illiterate dads in the world.

The guy that gutted it posts on r/cringeanarchy, r/blackops3, r/memeeconomy and r/4chan

Same here, best I got was a few laptops out of an officeworks recycling bin. Aus is shit for everything.

That's a funny joke. A $5000+ joke.

Is buying an OG Xbox worth it anons? Are any of the good games hard to find in physical form or does modding it let you pirate close to anything?

EVERY SINGLE TIME REDDIT HAS AN OPPORTUNITY TO DO SOMETHING COOL THEY FUCK IT UP IN THE WORST WAY POSSIBLE

SERIOUSLY

THEY'RE THE SUPER POPULAR normalfag PLACE SO EVERYTHING FUCKING GETS HANDED TO THEM

AND WHAT DO THEY DO

FUCK IT UP

EVERY FUCKING TIME

Its worth it because it has games that cant be emulated or played on any other system, you can soft mod it and you'll be able to play backups.

So basically everything that can be played on it is playable on it if you soft mod it?

I found myself a working 98' windows with Quake on it, several computer towers, a minifridge, keyboards hell the one I'm using now is one I go through them real quick somehow, fuck paying for new ones, the reason why is my keystrokes are really rough.

Eh, that paint looks like it can be taken off pretty easily.

Did /k/ get him arrested?

Because they're Reddit. As stupid as it sounds they're the yin to our yang.
The best reaction to this would before someone here to attempt to track down another OG Xbox dev kit before this happens again.
Don't type the wrong word again, the word filter is making your mistake stick out like a sore thumb.

I don't normally come to Holla Forums, is normalfag not allowed anymore?

to be fair i think everyone on reddit is shitting on him right now

The only thing I ever managed to get my hands on was some workstation that was gonna get thrown out to the trash that my mom picked up cleaning some offices. No hard drive of course but seeing it had tags on the top that said "Classified Secret" and "Arabian" I think I know why it didn't have. That said I have no idea what to do with the damn thing.

That isn't how these things work and you know it, some will already be in landfill others will be sitting in the same corner they have been for 15 years. They only surface when those holding onto them sell or die and most of the time that happens shit like this happens with a retard fucking it for good.

n0rmie vs normalfag is a debate fueled by newfags that don't know n0rmie was in common usage on imageboards before reddit existed and think it originated there.

Austfag here, the rarest thing I have gotten hold of was a SCSI HDD out of an A-10. Tried everything to read it and only found a win95 install.

yep it was an alpha tower

NIGGER, READ THE FINE PRINT ON THE FRONT OF THE FIRST IMAGE

FUCKING REDDIT GET THE FUCK OUT

Oh dear god, at least we wont have to worry about machine uprisings.

okay

IIRC Xbox dev kits came in the same Xbox case but with clear/green plastic for distribution to developers. This machine predates that.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

n0rmie is an abbreviation, who gives a shit

Nah, I got it long after it was pulled out of the plane and someone had installed win95 onto it in-between.

I should have taken photos of it but this was before carrying a camera everywhere was common.

Oh all right, still if it were the case we'd survive an uprising. Anyways I don't carry a camera with my I still use a cellphone from the 00's that my Dad had, it's covered with scuffs, screen is still dark but it phones and text messages so it's all I need, I hate phones anyways.

But it's HIS doto bird, don't you understand? It's his CHOICE if a bird goes extinct or not. You faggot are just entitled.

That's the thing that really fucking bothers me with all this logic of "it's their property."
Yes, they own it, but as the owner of a historically important object you have a fucking responsibility to take care of it.

Grow up, it's not like they ruined the Mona Lisa. They're just guns, stop acting like manchildren.

You know what, fuck it. Someone get the gas.

I dont know what those are, but I feel as if I should be horribly disgusted.

(you)

why do I keep subjecting myself to this torture

It's certainly worth more than some rifle that's been poorly refurbished a couple dozen times.

femanon detected

bait

"femanon" you mean. Everyone knows real girls dont come to Holla Forums

BREAKING FUCKIN NEWS: RETARD SLOWLY REDEEMS HIMSELF

If there's any better time to pray then it is now. Let's hope to god it's all still salvageable.

This kind of philistine elitism is really something. Just incredible.

It's about time that fucker realized how much of a pariah he would be if he kept that shit up

they look the same

Literally the only bad thing about the majority of these is that the vibrant colors mean they're now far more visible at a distance. Cartoon horses don't just magically make bullets any less effective, though.

it's like you really want the xbox to disappear into the mists of time

Would you say its at chen levels?

I'd honestly rather not go there. The people there make me unreasonably angry. Can't even call someone a nigger.

As if a Windows gamer plebian would know what dd is.

That's a pretty bad trait for a firearm.

It the retard didn't try to put anything on it, ther's a chance it could be recovered.

I hear that, goddamn idiots that've been around for five minutes try to make me magically forget "n0rmie" has been around as long as "normalfag" and the term circulating on a few subreddits (most of which closely watch imageboards in general and are now-dead anyways) makes the term tainted somehow. Mark enforcing the "imageboard-ized" version of the term via wordfilters definitely makes it easy to rewrite history though.

That's a good pasta, I'm surprised anyone on reddit would be able to come up with something so creative.
It is a joke, right?

not an webm, but it asks the question:

Oh you sure got me there. Oooh boy, I got caught!

Suck my cock, dude.

ignore the shitpost HAHA BANTZ faggots

they never contribute any posts of worth to improve threads; all they do is shit up things because it amuses them

polite sage

When's the sequel where (((she))) gets pegged?

It's even worse, the GPU's were 50 one of a kind prototype NV2T prototypes GPU's fabricated by Nvidia for Microsoft before they made the onboard version for the SDK and final console. That part alone could go for $2000 and he's treating it like some old as fuck burned out TNT

He better fucking pray he didn't fuck up all the parts.

The good news is the other known ones are safe. The bad news is that only Microsoft have them.

Apparently he did fuck up so hard that MS employees are looking for them so if we're lucky, someone involved in protos or emulation might get their hands on one even if this one is fucked..

I dont understand why he'd bother formatting a 20GB IDE Hard drive, its not like he'd be able to use it with his new parts anyway.

Even if I was a soulless corporate tool at M$ I'd be pissed about this.

Microshit would only care if it had a chance of fucking with their shekels. I can see some people who worked on this shit be pissed as fuck considering they more than likely had a number of NDAs tied to them regarding the system.

You forgot

a jtag'd 360 can run xbox games,gba,nds, and ps with no problem

If MS is looking for him I'm guessing it's just so they can buy it and put it in a glass case in their lobby.
Even corporate giants get nostalgic from time to time.

They already have one in their lobby along with this monster (Which actually works and boots. It only plays some tech demos though) and as said, there's one in Phil Spencer's office. The one on reddit is going to a proto collector to see if that guy hadn't fucked it up but it was more MS employees in the Xbox division or are former xbox are on the lookout for them for preservation or at least getting them in the hands of emulation. MS themselves said they were looking into doing offcial emulation but they needed to finish 360 emulation first.

I think the only other person in the world who might have both the original Tower Dev kit and the prototype console may be Itagaki. Might be worth asking him though I doubt he would sell because he's still on good terms with MS.

You fucking fool, with this device you can lead the path into new emulation and hardware and prospects, destroying it would garner you nothing and all the respect you've gotten will be all but just temporary
FFFFFFFFFFFF

Reddit needs to be thrown into the oven. Only /r/the_donald is the good subreddit there, and even that can be shit.

this is exactly the reason, because if they make an emulator, even if they release it with crippling DRM, it still exists and is publically available. as we've all seen, even the hardest game to crack is lightyears easier to do than to engineer an xbox emulator.

headphones nigger, do you use them?

What the fuck

I am angry but laughing at the same time. This fucking thread ruined me.

Seriously now, what the hell is so arousing seeing a female with a dick? I just don't get it.