7 days to die - Server w/ Valmod Editon

Intro
Hello y'all my name is Tummble, Kaho, and Gum. I host a private 7 days to die server for Holla Forums. Some people are tired of vanilla 7 days anyways until alpha 16 anyways. I installed Valmod (This expansion back for the server).

What is 7 days to die?
7 days to die is a survival crafting voxel game with features like skills and perks that also features zombies. This system can be compared to Fallout New Vegas/ Fallout 3 Perks and Skills. These Skills include mining tools (being more efficient at mining), Guns (pew pew better), and Construction (build better tools and build better bases).

Mod pack also includes classes and goes more indepth. Don't forget to join w/ EAC disabled. 7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?31730-Valmod-Pack

What makes it fun?
7Days combines a lot of elements that allows the game to be enjoyable. You can autistically build an impenetrable base or be a nomad, run around, and scavange on the run. It also adds the feeling of a constant threat being able to pop-up.
This has been in early access for a long time and I cannot lie. The devs who made this game arent full-time this is something they do on the side. Its pretty well for a game thats just a side job and they are really devoted to finishing it.

Server Properties
IP: 104.192.227.90
Port: 26920
Password: biggybulge
Daylight lasts 18 hours (day rises at 4:00)
Nighttime lasts 6 hours (starts at 22:00)
We're running the Valmod Expansion Pack
7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?31730-Valmod-Pack

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198049072570/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

7 days to die is fun…but the hit detection with melee feels a bit off.

Sometimes it feels like crafting can be too much of a chore. I know the grind is there to make resource management more compelling but I found it an exercise in frustration. Unless resource gathering for certain components were 3 or 400% I don't know if I'd want to get back into the game.

Basically I'm okay with the game as long as I have more fun and less grind.

I feel ya. Back in Vanilla I was a "communist" because I preferred communal chests. Even though I provided a ton of supplies to people and sook nothing in return. Usually resource gathering in cooperative situations shouldnt matter as long as you're doing something like scavenging to compensate for it.

Yea, I played on a server with a friend. Assuming you have a solid group of 5 or 6 guys you can put something real nice together fairly quickly. It was just me and another guy though so there wasn't much to share but we shared it all the same.

If there's one thing I will sing the praises of for this game is…it's very gamey.

The tools for survival; wood, fibers, rocks are easy to harvest and you can get start with nothing and have a reasonable den to call home relatively soon after spawning.

That and tech wise the game isn't too demanding BUT it still poorly optimized considering the graphics are almost PS2 tier. A few tweaks and the game would run a lot better than it does I think.

4 people on currently (not including me), occasionally some leaf plays. you're more than welcome to join and i'll be more than happy to base with multiple people.

Can someone post a magnet for the build you're using? Or at least give me the build number so I can trawl for it.

sorry pal, pirates cannot play i never learned how to create a pirate playable server, the servers that allow pirates to play are super inactive, vanilla, and no zombies. But it is alpha 15.1. I'll check something actually see if a steam dbl is on my server to see if i can get a steam emu going so pirates can join.

What a time to not be alive. The game looks like a decent version of Rust.

If any of these can be modified to allow pirates to play let me know. I know Steam emu is a viable option. Iirc steam emu replaces the dll on a server right? So by that means I replace one of the files? Thanks alot if anyone can reply.

GOOD LUCK

i gifted it to like 5-8 people recently too. You want a copy? I'll gift you one.

yeah lmao i'm hearing these people and they're struggling

Well, if you're a kind enough user to do that, sure.
Good enough reason to install Steam on this computer I just got.
ID is Amazonian.

just give me the url id. quite a bit of people with that as their name

Give me a tick to install Steam, I can't find myself with google.

alrighty no rush

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198049072570/

Now let's not get ahead of ourselves.

ayy 2 people are coming

I can't into online, due to shit connection and living in the middle of fucking nowhere, but the game has gotten to be really good. There is still room for optimization and improvements, but so far, the devs have done pretty good job. I'm having fun playing solo, I think it is worth pirating. Be warned, it isn't super easy as some other survival games.

FYI, the new dynamic scaling system that reduces day 7 horde difficulty when people are dying completely fucks day 7 hordes in communal settings or anywhere where one decent player is living with one shithead who dies 5 times a day. While playing with my MMO guild with a dozen of us in one house, just a handful of deaths per week were enough that even day 42 horde was just a handful of normal zombies. Meanwhile screamers were spawning ferals, zombie bears and more screamers that spawned more of that shit. Our only serious PvE came when we purposefully turned on a dozen forges to spawn screamers, and that's lame as shit. Until they let you disable that, only live in communities if you want autismblocks building with no significant challenge.

How good is the Valmod Expansion version over vanilla? My friends and I were dumb and were using the Overhaul and it was cancerous. Does all that limited autistic bullshit go away if you just use the Expansion?

Why not use tunngle to create a server?

Does the cow realize it is livestock?

Download 15.1 Alpha from IGGames. Get Green Man Gaming's Evolve. It's a good LAN emulator, better than Tunngle or Hamachi. Figure out how to use it. Have the host edit serverconfig in the main folder to make "EACEnabled" false instead of true. Go into 3DMGAME.ini in the main folder and change Username to be whatever you want, and change Steam AccountID to something so no one has the same ID. And you can play 7 days to die pirated and with legit copies through Evolve. I think a pirate might need to host, and if the host is shit it will affect everyone so have a good host. Good luck have fun. Been playing with other 8ch friends, having chill times.

not touching this again until a16 comes out
spent 200 hours on a15 already

I hope they add a machete recipe on alpha 16, there is no point investing in bladed weapon perks over blunt when the only craftable things are knifes, and axes, which aren't great at killing stuff anyways.

I've never heard of this game so I'm just going to sage.

This game changed massively since the last time I heard about. It was just a minecraft clone with zombies.

If someone could set up a good pirate server then I'll be up for it, after falling for Day Z, I swore I wont buy another early access zombie survival game.

Difference between expansion and overhaul is the unlocks system, but you must be real shit if you don't see how overhaul is better.

With the new zombie kill XP, you already get SP quite fast in vanilla, so fast I'd unlocked concrete in week one while dumping into a bunch of 10-point bonus skills. With expansion, this turns ludicrous, as zombies frequently drop one or more consumable skill point items. You rapidly have more skill points than you'd ever need unless you're some shitter puss who doesn't kill loadsazimbabweans.

Overhaul balances this. Even then, it was a bit quick for my taste, but for the first few days at least you need to spend points carefully and smash every shuffler you come across for those sweet points. Class selection becomes important, as those skills are the most of your unlocks for the first week or so. You can't just shit out storage and fortification at will, you can't just shit out a bow, you need to ration your starter firearm and play smart to get on your feet.

Anyway, I'll play if the server's ever reset and swapped to overhaul. Admin should also get some opinions on game settings, I for one think having shit like gun stores respawn fully every 3 days makes things a little too easy when you can hit 5 of em a day on the bike. 5 day respawn is best for populated maps imo.

not likely
devs say they want the best stuff to be looted not crafted

I thought they had already started to balance that out by making things craftable if you have the recipe.
I'm just kinda bored of using the sledgehammer already, wanna try something else.

in valmod anyway, combat axe is a fireaxe with the entity damage of a machete and scales damage off of axe skill + benefits from Lumberjack perk's -20% stam consumption on axes, meaning with lots of points in stam regen + lumberjack you regen faster than your swings drain

How do I fix the God Damn stuttering? Everything I've tried this far has yield no results. Also, I joined the server for a bit last night but no one was on sadly.

Bump. The server is lonely and I've only ever seen two other people on. I'll be on in 7-8 hours again, building my underground autism fort.