Foreshadowing in vidia

Post examples of foreshadowing in vidia

fuck that level, just seriously fuck it

I really wish they have kept hat VA for Sonic, he's legitimately good. IIRC he still practices the voice so fans aren't disappointed when they meet him.

Why am I seeing loss?
What happened to me?

we're on the same boat

seek medical assistance
you have brain cancer

Enderal's entire story essentially is one long foreshadowing of what happens in the end, but it's done with such skill that you only understand most parts in retroperspect.

That's actually very good game design, in all honesty. God, they sure knew how to tutorial your shit back then without treating you like a retard.

God Tails' voice was so fucking terrible in Heroes.

the fake pit foreshadows the real one.

There are also hints about the ship at the detective agency, but I can't find a good pic of it.

That mod was amazing, funny how a small group of modders can make a far superior game then Bethesda ever could.

To be fair, they have a long history of modding Bethesda games, and the team wasn't that small either -it's just that it basically consisted of a skeleton crew towards the end of development because real life catched up to most.

They're currently working on a DLC for Enderal btw, with Nicholas Samuel (writer of the SureAI games and the man in charge in general) asking for donations so he can work on the project full-time.

The entirety of Ghost Trick

Sissel Hates Rats
Sissel Hates Water
Sissel Can't Read English
Sissel Has Good Night Vision
Sissel Saves the lives of 9 people
Sissel Likes Crawling in Small Spaces
Sissel Likes Knocking Things Over

That game seriously was a master piece.

Never noticed that one.

Never played Sonic Heroes, what is the foreshadowing? I'm guessing the Eggman statue turns into some new badguy?

The twist is that the Eggman you see and fight in the game is actually Metal Sonic in disguise. He imprisoned the real Eggman and took over the Eggman Empire because he thought he could do a better job.

"Oh, there you are! Don't be shy, Emir! Who woulda figured you'd be the only survivor?"

Man, Sonic Heroes's presentation and soundtrack was fucking awesome, I don't know how could SEGA fuck up the controls from SA1 and 2 that badly though.

The first obstacle prepares you for the harder one down the line. You can fall in the pit in the first one and even get a one up for your curiosity or fuck up, but the second one is where you gotta be careful. Actually I've read some documents about it and SMB had a lot of these moments hidden throughout the levels.

And yet a cat somehow knows what a Rube Goldberg machine is but not a gun.

I think the biggest foreshadowing is the part where Garcian's third eye opens with the cut on his head, but other than that the game is way too fucking cryptic.

How easy is it to set up Enderal with a pirated copy of Skyrim? I've never played Skyrim on a PC, and never modded it before, with or without Steam Workshop.

To be fair, they have a long history of modding Bethesda games
And Bethesda doesn't? tbh they probably don't…

Dinosaurs?!

Also those books you find on the butchers life are basically your story but in reverse.

stop right there. Nobody modding Skyrim actually bought into that DRM system, especially not SureAI. You'll be fine.

I wouldn't even know where to start to explain it but there's some absurdly complex forshadowing going on with a lot of Halo stuff, like one off lines that get revisted and become super important 10+ years later in newer games and novels, which was clearly planned ahead.

An easy, relavent example is that in Halo Wars 1, which came out in 2008 (or9, I forget which) the Prophet of Regret makes a one off line to the then Arbiter Ripa Moramee in response to his question why they don't just move their entire navy to crush the UNSC, and Regret responds "And what, leave us defenessless?"

Now, it turns out the covenant were fighting against a splinter faction called the Banished around the same time, which is what rhey needed defenses against. And there's evidence that this plot line was planned ahead and was only followed up on almost 10 years later.

In Rainbow Curse, there's a remix of Heart of Nova is in the game's sound test, alluding to the events of Planet Robobot which came out a year afterwards

No, he imprisoned Eggman to get everybody to come to him so he could copy their combat data (as well as data on Chaos due to Froggy and Chocola's relation to it) and become Metal Overlord.

amazing post

oh wow

what

It's not just the controls that let Sonic Heroes down but also the level design. I feel like the first three stages (Seaside, Ocean & Metropolis) compliment the team mechanics really well and after that it goes down hill. The rest of the levels have too many stop and start moments and it just kills the momentum. Sonic levels really shouldn't go over 3 mins imo.

FUCK ME, Ghost Trick was AWESOME.

There's no fore shadowing in modern games.

Pretty much every Trails game is full of foreshadowing, everything has a reason and it's explained. I'd post an example but that's spoiler territory

I guess the controls were the results of the level design implementing areas where you have to stop and fight badniks, or the other way around.

What are you telling me.
That game didn't even sell well.

What the hell happened?

I love how these pictures pretend F.E.A.R. wasn't exceptional for its time as well.

When you've only got extremely limited tools and storage to work with, you have to be creative and intelligent with what's available to you.

Companies don't give a shit because any pile of garbage prints money with the right marketing now, and you don't even need to optimise a game for it to succeed, let alone design it competently.

Excess kills.

Nothing. It's still commonplace because it's extremely basic design. Even Call of Duty does it
You'll see that fucking everywhere in games if you pay attention.

What he means is that is basically the same team that worked on mods for Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim. Besides Toddy I don't think there's anyone left from the Morrowind days still on Bethesda.

Tails's VA in that game was absolutely God awful.