Is the local news in your area unwatchable except by heavily medicated boomers?

Is the local news in your area unwatchable except by heavily medicated boomers?

Local? National news is even worse.
Shocking deadly storm rampages…
*cymbals*
Trump flaberstatingly outraged…
*cymbals*
The heartwarming rescue of this fire company's dog
*cymbals*
Flu is new, be on alert

It's the same shit every day. Scare tactics spoken about in the same tone with a feel good story using the same language every day. Next to no information is given yet the narrative is anti-american when they have to express an opinion. People who watch television in general are dumb and yes it's mostly the unemployed urban poor or boomers.

/n/ isn't so different tbh

I used to watch Good Morning America as it was on every morning when I woke up (Like 4AM local time, and it was yesterday's airing, which my country played for some reason, likely to pad air time).
Apart from the Trump shit, this is exactly what they showed every single fucking day.

"The weather is bbaaaaaaadddd!"
"Take these new supplements we're not being sponsored for! Oh, and the flu outbreak from last week outbroke AGAIN!!"
"Top 10 tips for preventing colds!"
"How to check if your dog has a cold!"
"Easy ways to declutter your laundry"
"JUSTIN BEEEEEEEEEEEBEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR"
"Latest talentless faggot from vine!" (Was vine really that long ago?)
"THIS MAN BUILT A HOME WITH 3000 ROOMS!! WEEK LONG SPECIAL ON THIS!"

They gave more fucking time to a firefighter a few eggs short of a dozen speaking absolute garbage about his job (I used to be a firefighter, and he was talking about bushfire tactics and behaviour inside of their studio) than they gave time to ISIS blowing up 500 people in the Middle-East and killing a few dozen in Yurop and US overnight.

My absolute breaking point was them spending 2 weeks hyping up a heatwave, then 2 weeks talking about the heatwave, then another 4 weeks talking about the after damage of the heatwave.
It was about 30C, so absolutely nothing.

Out of curiosity, how can someone use the term "Jigaboo" without knowing what it means?
She either learnt it from a """racist""" calling someone a Jigaboo or from a report she was told to read, which should have been censored to not have the word.

oh no not ISIS

You sound like a boomer so go away.

Really gets my noggin joggin over who made these posts.

In general I am astounded by how stupid daytime tv has become.

nighttime tv is where it's at

As far as I can tell from in depth conversations I've had with them my parents are perfectly aware of how insipid and worthless the news has become in general, yet they still watch it and become outraged over the dumbest shit that the robotic faggot anchormen spout on a daily basis.
It's like heroin for them. They know it's bad and it fucks with their heads, but they watch it anyway.
It makes me wonder if future generations will view us as retards for still using imageboards despite how compromised pretty much all of them will no doubt be in the future.
Hell, they're already heavily compromised with few exceptions that I refuse to mention.

We're already there. I'm already appalled at us.

Its usually good for a few laughs

oh no not da joos

So maybe my parents refuse to drop tv news because they're completely unaware of viable alternatives like how I don't know what to do outside of search for increasingly obscure imageboards that have fewer and fewer people posting on them.

This shit really annoys the everloving fuck out of me. Even South Park does it constantly now.

Hey Zach.

But he didn't mention jews at all, how did you draw that conclusion?

It must be an international conspiracy to subvert image boards

Tits or GTFO, robertsdyke.

That's another thing I didn't bring up in my posts. Even without false flag school shootings the MSM in the US constantly tries to drum of natural forces to keep people gripped for updates and idiots buying things. It works because of boomers of course.

Tits or GTFO, robertsdyke.

Remember the hurricane in Florida last year?

I don't watch the new really and if I have it on around me it's pretty much only when I'm away at my grandmothers place where it's unavoidable. It's pretty bad; not so much that it's offensive in the sense that I see tons of blatant "2+2=5" type of lies, but more in the sense that it's like methadone. The example that sticks out the most to me recently:

That was it. A lead story where all they had to report was that an unspecified number of people *think* one way about one topic; a topic which, frankly, isn't exactly hard hitting news to begin with.

Firstly, there's always something more important to report on than that shit, and secondly, I believe the second news story was actually about some billionaire couple from Toronto who were big in the pharmaceutical industry being found murdered in their home.

Not really. I watch the morning news at 0500 and the weatherman cohosts it and is usually drunk. It gets unintentionally fun more often then not. Espcially now that they hired this early 20 something girl as the new news person and he constantly makes subtle sexual comments to her and you can see her grit her teeth and move on.

That's affirm, but local news is bad in a different way. One is malice, the other is incompetence.

If you only knew how dense journalism dropouts really are. Negro preacher man next to her once said "skin flute" on the air without knowing its meaning.

Those anchors have a really narrow range of canned editorial comments (jigaboo not one of them) they can interject when they want to go off-script. I can only hear
so many times before I'm convinced an anchorbot could be programmed with the script every evening and do a better job. And yet these fucks are on 13 hours a day with commercial intro/outros of shitty pop music taking up half of that.

Now that's what I call news

kek that sounds awesome.