Best Mario Party?

Categories are
-best for tourneyfags
-largest amount of good stuff
-least redundant with the rest of the series

I just got my first Mario Party game (5) so I'm hoping a Nintendo guy could give me the basic retrospective for the series

2 2 3

Mario Party 4, all the originality of the N64 era with the graphics of the GC.

so basically it fails every category?

Dirty Dan Ryckert pls go.

Fuck you nigger, i answered your thread.

Problem with 4 is that it all has to do with luck, rather than skill. 5 takes a decent effort, but I still agree with

just saying idgaf about originality or graphics it's all right there in the OP

On what planet do MP tourneys exist?

What kind of faggot are you? real men play shrek super smash competitive.

BUT NO CRUMPET DASHING THAT TIER OF TECH IS BANNED

most competitive communities are born out of drunk money matches

Same planet where a party brawler is considered a competitive game.

I didn't play that one, however I did like both 2 and 3 the most, mostly because of the rival matches and utter and complete douchebaggery you can pull off against your friends, namely, steal stars and coins, and doing everything in your power to ruin the other player's game.

2, 6 and 7

I still can't believe those tournaments are a thing.

Best Mario Party game is smash bros

Smash Bros is just 4-player Kirby with objects.

Rough around the edges, but has a harsh system the later games don't have (Win a 1v3 game, take their coins or win/lose coins in solo mini-game)
Characters dress in fitting costumes on each board, taunting is introduced, mini-games from 1 return (But more difficult), introduces items & dueling
Liked the mini-games and new characters, has more detailed dueling than 2
Any of the N64 games work good, it's just a matter of what your poison is.
Not bad, but didn't have much of an attachment to it as the other titles
Liked the boards and Paper Mario stars being the host, personal favorite of the Gamecube saga.
Liked more than 4 but not as much as 5 or 7
8 player mode is the prototype of the Nintendo Switch, but I haven't tried it to see what it's like.
5 is my favorite Gamecube Mario Party
Least favorite of the Hudson Mario Party games (Not counting handhelds)
Decent.
Not too fond of it.

The N64 games look fucking ugly on an emulator holy shit.

2 is the best, fuck Mario Party 8 its a piece of shit and the other games somehow got worse over time.

They looked like shit even back then, I remember as a kid thinking how awful everyone looked compared to their main games on the 64.

There are Mario Party tourney fags?
Really?

Regardless, anyone really feel the need to play anything beyond 8? The series just got so watered down it seems.

Star Rush isn't that bad, It's slowly going back into the classic mode.

You missed the most important category, best for Retardy.

I'd say 6 and 7. Best minigames, music and visuals.

Eh, I still really see no reason to stray from the old standard ones.
Which is honestly a bit of a shame, I would enjoy a new one thats gives me the old party feel.
Maybe with GC Virtual Console on the Switch we could get a decent port of 5, 6, or 7. I wouldn't mind that, because I skipped out on the gamecube I never really got a chance with those ones.

shitactular fighting sk1lls

-Very simplistic but a good first attempt. No Items, static stars, simple maps, mostly decent minigames other than the stick spinning ones.
-Has the Mushroom Spaces, which when landed on will randomly give you another roll or cause you to miss your next turn. Really fucking annoying.
-Good to play for your first Mario Party game, but you generally wont want to go back after playing MPClassic or MPOrbs, except for nostalgia.

-Expands on the original by adding items and more complex maps, and non-static stars.
-Does away with the stick spinning minigames.
-Generally the most "aggressive" (and therefore the best) series, especially 3.

-Replaces the Item system with the Orbs, that into addition to the classic item effects also include things such as traps, letting players create their own map hazards.
-Unlike items, where you get to choose what item you want at the cost of some coins, orbs are instead given out for free but the orb you get is random.
-In 6 & 7 there is also a shop where you can buy them like normal, in addition to the random free orbs.
-In 5 orbs are instead called capsules, and they cost coins to use instead of buy, but only if you use them directly on yourself instead of throwing it on the board as a hazard.
-Somewhat more simple maps compared to Classic. Some maps have static stars, while others have moving ones.
-Unfortunately 7 begins the downward spiral of Mario Party, removing Chance Time, the greatest "fuck you" mechanic in the game, and it is never seen again in a future game. Each game after 7 is progressively more casual and less aggressive.

-Orbs are replaced by candies, which are essentially just orbs but without any of the trap/map hazard orbs.
-Static stars and EXTREMELY simple, linear maps, many horrible wagglan minigames.
-Generally considered to be the worst game until the Car Party games came out.

-The first games not to be developed by Hudson Soft. All players move together in a car on a linear map.
-All items are dice-block related, and gained by landing on a dice block space.
-Removes Stars & Coins, replacing them with Mini-Stars, which are essentially just coins anyways.
-Also has horrible wagglan minigames, but not as many as Candy.
-Easily the least aggressive series, changing the feel of the game from "Im going to kick you in the dick if you steal my fucking star" to "Everybody's a winner".
-Absolutely fucking terrible, it might as well be a completely different game now.

Nobody gives a fuck about the handheld MPs

3 has way too many random chance mini games and board elements.

Are there any "fuck you" mechanics in other games that can top Chance Time?

Mario Party Advance was awesome fuck you.

The fuck are you talking about.
There is only 2 random chance mini games in MP3, not counting the 4 Game Guy games.

It is!!!!

RETARDY WHEN?

What's the general consensus about Mario Party 10?

Haven't played it but look at this comfy screenshot.

Mario Party 10's Bowser Party mode has some really bad design choices.
I'd say watch pic related, but know it gets loud near the around the end of the game.