Bright Star Says Critics Hated Movie Because It Was On Netflix

Netflix's sci-fi action thriller Bright may not have been met with many positive reviews, but it was a huge success for the streaming giant. A record number of viewers watched the movie, and there is a sequel on the way. The producers and stars have been quick to defend it too–following comments in January by Netflix CEO Rex Hastings, star Joel Edgerton has commented on the critical response.

In an interview with Collider, Edgerton blamed some of the negativity on the fact that Netflix is disrupting the way the films are released. "I think there was a little bit of extra critical hate towards it because it's changing the landscape of the movie business," he said. "But I think Bright is maybe a movie that needs to be reviewed by public opinion rather than viewed through the highbrow prism of film criticism."

Edgerton went on to compare the film to Star Wars: The Last Jedi, which was well received by critics but found a more mixed reaction amongst fans. "According to [Netflix], the numbers were there", he said. "And I think that would be supported by the wild discrepancy between the audience score and the Rotten Tomatoes aggregate score, it's almost the inverse of Star Wars [The Last Jedi]. You've got critics at 93 or 92%, and the audience gave it a 50-something, and you get to Bright, which is sort of slammed by critics, but it has a 90% audience score."

Neverthless, Edgerton did state that the filmmakers would listen to criticism when making the follow-up. "[Whether] it's the filmmakers or Netflix or any of us, [we can] learn from the response to the movie–and I'm talking about the negative responses to the movie and what people out there on the street loved about the movie," he said. "I think if you take all that information, it puts you in a nice spot to make a second and maybe a third movie. It's always worth listening to the fans and the good and bad responses to it."

wtf I love Bright now

Why do they do this retarded shit anyway? And why didn't you fix it, OP?

anti white race mixing cuck centrist jewish commie propaganda

Training day-lite was decent, i'd give it a passing score of 70%. It's perplexing that RLM mention it as being such a stinker given how much garbage they'll fellate.

I hope hollywood goes out of business but shitflix is hardly the savior of new media.

I think the 2nd scene was showing off that will smith had a white wife and had a bunch off dialogue that must have been leftover from independence day. Dropped it then. Can't watch anything now that isn't in someway kiked

ELVES AREN'T WHITE

WHITE THAN THOU AZOG

CRITICS
R
I
T
I
C
S

I was surprised how much RLM disliked it. I enjoyed it. Its the seldom kind of movie I'll watch again.

You're right. Lots of action. Will Smith looked good. Race and Tribe relations as relates to Orcs Elves and Humans. Good plot that moves well across the city with tough choices being made. Also. Its really nice to see Will Smith back in his element, and he is in his element in this movie. He fits the character just as naturally as in MiB One.

Except now he's the veteran and wisened cop like Agent K.

I hated this film because it started in some fucking hood packed with niggers. Stopped the film at the 4th minute mark.

t. ape

I can't believe someone would make a sign like that. What's the problem with dogs?

Mike has a passionate dislike of Will Smith. Rich mentioned how Mike will always hate Men In Black because it's a comedy.

You're right, not my OC though but my heartfelt apologies to every dogs that may have been offended by this sign.

It's happening with the new Death Wish as well.

That was actually a good flick. It's basically a big Buffy episode, with a surprising story and embarassing action scenes. I went in expecting a lesson on tolerance, and left with a much bitter tale told: groups as a whole are always evil and individuals can barely detach from them momentarily.

My one complaint with Smith's performance in Bright is I found his personality more mean than funny. It is a far cry from the dynamic between Smith and Lawrence in Bad Boys. I guess it fits the characters as Smith doesn't like Jakoby for the first half of the film, but it just seemed weirdly abusive how hard he would shit on him and the orc would just take it.

RLM love any Marvel capeshit but hate DC capeshit even though they're both capeshit. Can you say, paid by Disney?

That's the standard for the English language. It's been around since forever. Unfuck yourself, dumbass.

I mean, they're not wrong. Hollywood was pissed that Landis and Smith did this movie without them.

Not really. Lots of papers only capitalize the first word and any proper nouns in headlines.

What the fuck kinda headlines are you reading? Academic journals?

Critics love netflix trash

lolno
they love the shows and 'bingewatching'
the films however have all been trashed by critics