Warning: oldmen

ITT: games that time forgot, but you still love.

I'll start. Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone. Hack and slash game, has basic combos, cool animations, takes place in the forgotten realms dnd universe and you get to nerd out with khelben blackstaff (voiced by patrick stewart) and drizzt.

The game sold like shit despite the big budget (was an atari published game nuff said) and the studio that made it went bankrupt.

Hybrid fucking Heaven was the best action-exploration-wrestling-science-fiction-RPG ever made. Your fucking limbs had defense and offense levels that leveled up independently of one another, so if you only used right-hand punches you'd end up with basically the God Hand.

Does emulator runs these good?

This glorious thing, and this other glorious thing.

That fucking troll mission

Yeah that fucking troll mission. The only game breaking bug is in the best mission of the game. It's the atari way.

I also liked the twisted weird story in this. It should be remade to eliminate the slow movements and give it a nice texture upgrade while keeping the weird vibe. Those late 90s bizarre bio-horror games were cool.

this = that game

The last time I tried running Dark Alliance II on pcsx2 I had an issue where half of the screen wasn't being displayed, rendering the game unplayable. I didn't look into it very much, could be easy to solve.

Skipped entire days of school because of thos bad boy, it was way better than AoE2.

Shame that Shadow of Rome emulates badly.

I hated Spartan when I first got it but I really grew to love it. I don't know any other game that has magical lightning arrows behave as they do in Spartan.

Nobody ever talks about EE and I've got no idea why. Was it perhaps unpopular in the USA? I seem to remember a lot of people my age playing it here.

I also loved EE, don't feel alone

They just don't make them like that anymore.

Nice to see some love for EE anons. Maybe it isn't as forgotten as I thought but it certainly never shows up in any 'best of' or 'must play' lists.

You can thank both sierra and the later games going shit for that one. But yeah, it never got that cult status of say Battle Realms or Earth 2160.

And speaking of mostly forgotten RTS games, how about that Dark Colony?

Honestly never played it. Is it worth trying?

It's specific and it hasn't aged all that well but the cutscenes and the atmosphere in general are unmatched. The gameplay has some quirks like the ayys being better at night or worse at daytime, limited base building, officers being important and capturing precursor tech.

I'll stick it in my backlog then, the fucking thing keeps on growing. Thank god the modern state of the industry is so shitty, I don't think I'd ever make a dent in it if good shit was coming out at the same rate as the late 90s/early 2000s.

Why live.

Hell of a car combat game.

What the fuck, i like this kind of stuff and i've never even heard of this game. At least this gives me something to do tonight.

Reminds me of this game. I have not played it, but from what I've heard it's like early resident evil and silent hill, set on a martian starbase with a lot of bio-horror.

GIVE ME THE STATS FOR THAT FUCKING VAMPIRE LORD YOU CUNTS.

YOU DID IT FOR NWN1'S FEATURE CREATURES, THE FUCK CAN'T I GET THE ONLY D&D VAMPIRE THAT DOESN'T SUCK, BARELY ADHERED TO STEREOTYPE AND GOT SHIT DONE?

I really wish they would port those to the PC, especially because for some reason it's one of the only PS2 games I can't emulate, it runs like utter shit.

Why are there interplay/black isle games not on PC?

OH this was originally a PC game! I'll have to see if I can get it working! Sadly it's very hard to get some older PC games to work on modern machines, and I don't know why. Is it because GPL/DX can't understand games written with older versions?

Nice quints

Parasite Eve 2 is the masterpiece of that genre.

Yeah I own it. I imported it when it came out because at the time it took 2 years to get things localized from Japan. I imported a lot around that time. No resident evil or silent hill game captured a sense of atmosphere as PE2. That hotel felt like I was there.

ITT: Hipsters

It can be any number of things user, if you can get an error message or a crashlog it'll help a lot in narrowing things down.

It came with the newspaper for an additional 10 bucks (that's how I got EE also). Loved it ever since.

holy shit i just realized the girl on the cover is facing backward, instead of toward the viewer. All this time I imagine her facing forward and kind of holding up her sword, examining it.

Best ninja game on Playstation 1.

Also The Mummy for ps1 wasn't half bad.

Both the NES game and the Wii title are just simply joys that everyone should get a nice comfy kick out of.
I was really hoping for Boy and Blob in smash bros for a while now, but thats sadly heavily unrealistic

We had this (or at least a really nice demo) on our school computer in the 90's. It was pretty fun.

Skyrim. Truly a forgotten gem. Don't forget it won awards from players for standing the test of time!

Why have I never played this?!

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention he's got the potential for ascension and may become a motherfucking god

Holy shit this game looks wonderful, why did it fail?

You make Valindra sound like some random-ass lichess… Anyway yeah Drizzy helped destroy the Dread Ring, as well as I think killed the Elemental in Mt. Hotenow.

Sometimes saving, sometimes don't
One of the most spectacular things about this game is how slow it is to advance the age, every era feels a little unique and lets you appreciate every aspect of it. In contrast, games like Rise of Nations you just rush to the modern era and nuke your enemies into submission before the first half hour of the game.

Also, escaping with 5 villagers and postponing the endgame was fucking priceless.

EE had a lot of flaws that kind of ticked me off. Empire earth always had weird ways of using the resources, but requiring 30 gold, and 30 food for a starting unit instead of 60 or 65 food was pretty aggravating. It's still a pretty cool game, and it has a lot of content, but it's not as well made as a lot of RTS games. It's a shame the sequels only made it's flaws worse while failing to focus on it's strengths.

That's a completely subjective criticism. It still is a hell of a lot better than say, Starcraft.

Valindra served the Szass Tam who is the biggest player in Thay. But nope, he didn't kill an elemental there, that was a primal he had to help put back in it's prison there in Gauntlgrym

It's not as well made though. It does have more content, but starcraft has much better balance, resource management, and is overall better even if it is much shorter. The resources were made even worse in 2 which is why the game never really caught on. The problem with the way they did resources in EE was that it was waaaaaaaaaay too easy to get another player in a resource drain. For example in the beginning ages the only unit that I recall that only drew from one resource pool was the villager, and the scout dog I think. I think prophets to, and this made it really frustrating since certain damage types also did much greater damage to certain armor types. So lets say you need the guys with the clubs, but you have no access to iron even though that unit doesn't use any iron. You could basically screw a guy over very early on, and that other player would have no options. And don't even get me started about populating buildings, that shit was just complexity for the sake of complexity.

Oh also to add another point why EE never became popular since I replayed it recently. I had forgotten how many missions were just a series of scripted events. That really made me mad, most of the missions were basically like diablo.

Still have it installed. It maybe just a AoE clone and can be even be considered a mod, but it's the best goddamn AoE clone and mod ever.

Point taken, too bad it started to go downhill as soon as the first expansion came out and EE3 was the last nail of its coffin.

But it is AoE2 with Star Wars themed sprites

Nigger if the RTS games coming out now were just that it would be a god send.

I could post my usual hidden gem list and kill off the thread.
Do you want me to do it?

It wasn't forgotten, but deserves way more praise than it gets. And, for some reason, sometimes gets obscured by the shadow of the 1st game, praise for which I don't get, since 2nd game feels way better in terms of game mechanics.

Twinsen's Odyssey.

I learned to read and write just to play this when I was 4.

They made a car combat game for PS3? Shit I've gotta pick that up.

Huh.
I think I hate Drizzt again.

And by that, I mean there's no way he beat Demonignog, I read that thing's 3.5 Dragon magazine stats, not a chance in hell, as far as I'm concerned, Nevewinter Online's handling of Rage of the Demons is canon and Drizzt just got smacked into the Abyss the moment Demogogron showed up, leaving the raid party to deal with him as a Mind Flayer that sounds Identical to Ps1 Spiderman's Mysterio keeps you sane.

All Demogogron fights involve him buttrushing, your with endless demonspam, his thralls with their broken-ass powers, HIS OWN DEMON T-REXES, his rot, and cultists buttrushing you, and then if you ge thim down to 200 HP he calls Dagon in and proceeds to ride on him and wreck shit even harder.

And if he loses? Faggot monkey trouble doesn't loose, he just does something to break the fight up, like collapse the cave he's in whilst chasing the party like a rail shooter escape boss like that sloth fight from House of the dead 3, that fucking moneky a rape train.

God fucking help the party if the person who beats Demogogron has Abyssal heritage, because they'd immediately take his title as a mechanic, and tear the material plane a new asshole.

Did you know The abyss has it's own brand of hellfire that does VILE damage?

How it happened is that Lloth had a plan of ruining the barrier between the Underdark and the Abyss by having demons summoned at an abnormally high rate. The thing that pushed it too far was when Gromph was tricked by Lloth to summon Demogorgon by making him think that he was weaving magic and psionics (And making him think he's the only one who had done it) and summoned him through rage, ignorance, and arrogance which led to a scene of Gromph pissing himself and teleporting away like the bitch he's always been. So thats how he got out of the Abyss.

So fast forward a while and Drizzt is going back through the Underdark on a return trip with Jarlaxle and Entreri to rescue cunt-face Dahlia Who should have been left to die because she is such a fucking cunt. and thats when Drizzt and Entreri get a bit of the Faezress Madness. It's when he's in the Do'Urdan compound once more where Drizzt has the disease pushed over the edge when Yvonnel brings up ghosts of his past and then sets up the fight between him and bitch-faced-brat Berg'inyon who gets his head split apart because he's no real weapons master with everything being handed to him finalizing the mental process to make him immune to Demogorgon's maddening sight.

It was then that he went off to fight Demogorgon with specific instructions to lure him to Menzoberranzan by YYvonel. Then through an ultra charge of every Mind Flayer in the Underdark to make a kinetic barrier, which drizzt was the only one who could hold it with his willpower and strength, then a spell/arrow/impact barrage to absorb all of that damage and then unleash it all in an all-out blast from Icingdeath, one of the legendary Frostbrands which protected him from Demogorgon's fires but also was one of the few things that could pierce his flesh and channel all of the energy of Menzoberranzan's combined force into the fantasy genre equivalent of a spirit bomb to send him back to the Abyss.

saying this unironically should get you a permaban. I don't want cringeworthy fucking normalfags here

(you better believe i checked them)
motherfucker look up echo night: beyond

I've beat them and those Champions of Norrath games. I had to use frame skipping for the slow downs. Skip 2 draw 2, or skip 2 draw 1. It varies between games. My comp shits itself when ever they use transparency.

Or skip 1 draw 1. You need to experiment.

tfw spent forever as a kid looking for 2 and no store around me ever had it

FROG BLAST THE VENT CORE

I want to live in the future where this clothing is standard and those legs are the norm.

Where did the "licensed games are all shit" trend come from?
Most were at the very least competent.

It emulates just fine with build 5903 of pcsx2, and presumably some earlier ones. Later builds fuck up the audio.

Hey, nice. Thanks for the info, I was really bummed out when trying and failing to run it on a couple of versions.

Let me know if you have trouble getting the build (sometimes the archives are janky), I can throw it on the Vola if you need it.

Could you? I can't seem to find a really legit site hosting it.

Really crap port to pc also had game breaking bugs.

It's also got some weird frame rate problems on modenr PCs where the lip synching is completely fucked and the cutscenes have characters T-posing sometimes.

They started good but quickly declined into shit come the Wii era of shovelware titles
Let's list some good ones

It's uploading now

Thanks flim flam

Of coursh

The only thing i have trouble getting is pussy.

I've played the second one. Where on this fucked up Earth can I find the first?

'Time forgot' is a bit of an exaggeration but Spyro is a favorite of mine. Just the music, art, and nostalgic value to me. It's all great.

I think "exaggeration" is a bit of an exaggeration here. Time didn't forget SHIT about Spyro, fuck off.

GTFO, back to Holla Forums you fucks

Steam, Gog

Are you sure you're not from Reddit?

probably from LJN and the NES era when loads of really shit games where made for the NES just to make a quick buck.

Also I keep forgetting the name of pic related and I doubt anyone else know about it. Which is a shame because i love the game as a kid. King kong was also a really good game.

Did I say that? gtfo

Yeah, youre from cuckchan alright.

K, enjoy your sex life

muh nigga

Felt fucking good

One of my first megadrive games as a kid. Colorful graphics and nice tunes, used to play it for hours.

Mostly in the NES days and any that were quick cash grabs.

Fucking damn, man.

I got it on pc. It's lame.

It's awesome if you have a thing for explosions everywhere and driving around at the speed of sound.

Been speed running this game lately like an uber autist. Has some great music and nice spites. For me it's seriously comfy.

I was skeptical, but it was actually pretty crazy how well that matched up.

I came here to PE2post. you are my niggers.

The atmosphere is fanfuckingtastic and I will sperg out on why I feel that way.

Audio: the mostly ambient soundtrack matches the tone of the environments and story progression points of the game eerily well. The only thing comparable I've found from that gen is in Jade Cocoon or RE2. The enemy types have distinct sound effects that help you anticipate their movements or know when you got a good hit in. The weapon sounds and PE attacks are, if anything, low in volume but detailed in texture.

Video: the pre-rendered backgrounds are at the peak of the art form, as the game was a 2000 NTSC release at the end of the PS1's lifespan. Extreme detail is applied to make environments appear lived in. Careful attention was paid to lighting, with some flickering and halo-ing animated overtop to give the appearance of fluorescence (obvious in the shelter, night dryfield, the mine). If an enemy part glows at all, they don't light up like a light bulb, making the Blizzard Chaser fight creepier. Multiple enemies make use of active camouflage which look great for the era. Enemy models are detailed and organic in articulation with excellent skins. They look as distinct as they sound.

Writing: the protagonist can make observations about the environment much like in Resident Evil, but in PE2 it's cranked up to 11. Information is slowly leaked to the player through sparse documentation (sparser than RE) leading the player to rely on character dialogue, item descriptions, and Aya's observations to get the whole picture. When bombs drop they drop.

Enemies: almost all are perversions of the human form, with psychosexual influence on some, interfaced with technology whose obvious seams are unnerving. Their AI is also aggressive and responsive for the most part.

I've beaten this thing at least twenty times. There's a lot of depth to the game both in mechanics and horror that isn't obvious at first.

Being set mostly in a desolate desert "town" increases the claustrophobia and isolation.

Who is this titty monster?