Fighters Thread - Where is the OG Baker? Edition

OK, since no one posted one before, here we go!

>Reminder that >>>/1cc/ have some nice dumped NESiCA exclusives.

Well people, go for broke.

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.esuteru.com/archives/20008610.html
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=838627659
steamcommunity.com/home#scrollTop=0
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=849743481
arcsystemworks.jp/portal/post-3706/
autismspeaks.org/what-autism/symptoms
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Question about NESiCA games: What's the deal with BB:CF? I've followed the instructions but can't seem to get it to boot without init errors. I found a patch at several places and think I did everything right. I don't seem to have trouble with the other games.

Also is KoFXIV going to be on that platform? I'm sick of waiting on a PC port. Not buying a PS4 for just one game.

Well, I didn't tested BB:CF, but yeah, KOF will be in that platform. We just don't know how long it will take to dump the rom.

I got the fighting game templates right here.

Why?
Everything, the gameplay, design and politics are trash.

The other trailer for KOF XIV. They are really pushing the game on China.

user, people bought SF V. Beside the lewds, everything else on MK X was better. XL improved the online. IT is a better game.
The thing with the ladies was bullshit, I agree with that. X/XL was not a complete improvement over 9, but was far from a bad game.
By the way, there are many videos with the beta for Injustice 2, I wonder if anyone here manage to play it.

Thanks user. I think I will fill one of those.

Why did developers think fighting games would work great on handhelds for the longest time? I'm not talking about now where there were only a few on Vita or 3DS, I'm talking about fighters on the Game Gear and GameBoy. Or even fighters on phpmes where you have to deal with a touchscreen.

How do I get good with Dio in Heritage for the Future?

Fighting games were like FPS games back in those days when it came to popularity. In the arcades most of the major games were in the genre, there was a graphics/features race, lots of competition, and home ports were selling like wild fire even if they could never be arcade perfect.

It was partly because they were trying to cash in but also because people back then were willing to put up with ports not begin arcade perfect. When you bought the game you knew it wasn't going to even be close but if it was good enough to get some fights in on the bus then it was fine. Mortal Kombat 1 for the Game Gear was pretty good all things considered.

Have you played any of the Fighting games for the Neo Geo Pocket? They're actually pretty good.

wonder how many characters are gonna get alt costumes in Kof14

postan

big ass mains list with secondaries.

Anyone else enjoying the salt?

Well, I still find it disturbing they decided to have the most recent version of every game, except for Smash, where they decided to have two of the same franchise. But left other games like Pokken, KI or MK. I mean, Smash players only really play Melee, so, why not leave at that?

The problem is, "smash players" aren't really a thing. 99.9% of melee players don't play 4 and 99.9% of 4 players don't play melee.

I would rather just have melee though.

I'm sad about it. It would have been the last time it will be a stage show before it got phased out by MvCI. I doubt anyone is going to watch pokken either, it's a shit alternative.

is kof xiv still slow? i want to support snk but every change from xiii looks so unappealing to me

nintendo requires events to run both games and no project m iirc. plus wizard's never been one to turn down a free lunch

outside of gg, i generally find animevo more interesting than the main event these days.

as much as i enjoy watching turbospergs rage over 'the one true game' being slighted by evo, maylay is more fun to watch than sm4sh.

The problem is "street fighter players" aren't really a thing. 99.9% of third strike players don't play V and 99.9% of V players don't play third strike.

I would rather just have third strike though.

Slow? The game is as fast as XIII.

Autism is a poison.

Is that true? That's bullshit.

I hope Melee gets kicked off of all major FG tournaments. The only people that want it are memers and every top 8 has the same 4-6 people in it.

To be honest, I think the 9th should be only crazy options. Nidhogg, Bushido Blade, Windjammers, Slap Happy Rhythm Busters, thins like that.

Don't forget Mahvel baybee, which is pulling ahead by a lot. I want KI to win but it's got just over a third of what UMvC3 has and for some reason Pokken of all fucking things is just 2k behind 1st. Pretty sure the reaction to Pokken was lukewarm at best.

Part of me also wishes the ST community snipes it at the end so well at least have 1 good Capcom game at the tourney.

Pokken is good but the only people who care are Wii-U owners, which obviously limits the audience (like Killer Instinct).

What the fuck is even at EVO then? Is it literally just SFV, two Smash bros and Guilty Gear?

KoF XIV is there, every time KoF has been at EVO it ended up being the most hype event.

Daily Reminder

KoF should be good after those Nak patches, but >Injustice 2.

All those games seriously got dropped for that?

Shit man…

Nigga what did you expect? NetherRealm just uses evo to advertise their latest game.

Sometimes I wonder how much different EVO would be if Mr. Wizard wasn't so easy to bribe.

We need to accept that EVO only exist as an advertisement tool. It will insert games that just have no hype because they are too new, like Tekken 7 or Injustice 2, games that don't have a fanbase, like Smash 4, but will also exclude games with a larger one, like UMvsC3 and MK XL, and others that, while small, do have a dedicated community, like KI or Skullgirls.
I hate tournaments like this.

that's barebones as fuck

While that could be true, I haven't seen any evidence of that other than "every major does it"

Play aggressive space control without being a dumbshit mashing a million buttons. Learn how movement works and learn his combos (most people give up on that point, even the relatively easy stuff).

ok

But why man?

At least it's better than Marvel showing up again

To keep the CURRENT YEAR from being promoted

Isn't that the one where they introduced a gear system that gives your characters stat buffs.

You know full well that people are just going to vote Marvel back in.

I don't know man, all someone has to do is tell more furfags to vote Pokken. Blacks have finite cash resources while Furfags are willing to spend thousands of dollars on a single fetish drawing on a weekly basis.

There's no self inserts so no way it'll win.

Sorry if this is a blogpost, but I recently made up my mind to get into fighting games after trying to get into Melee and being discouraged by the inconsistency of my controller and the hoops I had to jump through in order to get a decent training setup.

Nothing really interested me in the scene nowadays, so I thought it just wasn't for me, but on a whim I looked up some Guilty Gear Xrd footage and now I'm kicking myself for not playing any of this series for the last six or seven years. There isn't a big group in my town, but there is a dedicated club at the local university who seem to be small enough to avoid attracting faggots and trannies. Overall I'm optimistic, but there is the issue of a controller: namely, I'm not going to be at a point where I'll be good enough to warrant a stick for at least six months, and I don't want to spend $200 on something for a game which, although it may be cynical of me to say this, I may not enjoy in the long run.

To that end, is a keyboard a good substitute or should I just use a pad? I have a PS3 controller which I could use if it's a better idea, but my keyboard is really nice and I don't mind lugging it around. I'm probably overthinking this, but given we live in the age of information I want to avoid making a stupid rookie mistake if I can.

I use a keyboard for fighting games. Just know that ghosting may make some inputs more challenging for you to do.

Fortunately I don't think this will be an issue since mine is a mechanical keyboard I received as a gift years ago. Some brief research has informed me it has individual switches under each key rather than a grid of wires and a membrane.

Who the fuck uses a square layout for the joystick? It's the worst possible design for a fighting game. Can someone even explain a possible benefit to it over the circle or octogon?

Technically it shouldn't be an issue since you shouldn't be riding the gate that much. Square gates tend to have the most clearance as well.

Why do people still care about this objectively bad game?

Use the timestop glitch to win 2 rounds at once

Who cares?

Square is mathematically the best design and it's not a problem once you stop using the gate as training wheels and learn to ride the switches instead.

Any informative tutorials or advice to learn how to properly play this game and play better? Game is incredibly fast and most defensive options are only there to allow you to play more aggressive. It's pretty overwhelming with so many oki options, gimmicky arcanas, corner cross-ups, and a dangerous cross-up and mixup game.

I use Heart with Fire or Sacred. The only thing I found that was obvious was to stay off the ground like it's MvC3 so you only need to worry about cross-ups and air grabs. And most characters can't combo from their air grabs.

goddamit johnny

New 2D fighting game. Million Artuhr: Arcana Blood

blog.esuteru.com/archives/20008610.html

postan

Those are good things though.

Interesting! I can tell you I hated the designs. But might be fun.

One of these is not like the other.

Isn't everyone being called Arthur going to get really confusing really fast?

Isn't Million Artuhr that arcade card game?

I had this exact same problem. Went to an arcade with friends, I was known as the fightan guy, got absolutely rekt at MvC, couldn't even do basic things like QCF, it was so goddamn embarrassing.

Let's be honest, we all knew both Smash games would be in the roster. The views last year were so high they wouldn't pass on that money.
Just be glad they didn't put Melee into the voting slot. It would've taken that slot easily.

I'm more baffled about BlazBlue, really.

All of Japan does. When most arcade games controled in four directions only they had diamond gates and later just turned them a bit so you get a square. They were just being cheap, that's it.
Personally, I use an octagonal gate but I had to buy one since all Japanese sticks come with square gates.

I'm alright with blazblue being there. Swap out Smash Wii U with Pokken and Injustice 2 with Killer Instinct, then I would have being 100% satisfied with the line up.

Deplorable.

Is that an interesting game to spectate? I watched a little footage of it when it launched and it seemed like glorified rock-paper-scissors. The rage mechanic sucked out most of my interest, too.

I'd rather remove Melee and not even put it on the vote. The game has seriously overstayed its welcome.

Pokken is rock-paper-scissors in mid-low level play but it looks like any other fighting game higher up IMO. A lot of attacks attacks have properties that play around the attack-counter-throw formula that look similar to other fighters and each pokemon has very unique gameplay. A lot like actual Tekken I guess.

Fair enough. Pokken is at least a novelty if nothing else, so hopefully the community can rally and make something happen; I am watching EVO grand finals now and it's a lot less random than the online matches I saw when it first launched. Shame the Wii U exclusivity hampered the user base so much.

As far as the voting goes, I really hope some dad who played a lot of Super Turbo in the arcades randomly dumps $30,000 into it as the voting closes. I'd get a kick out of seeing a bunch of old guys who just kept playing Super Turbo but who now have families on the main stage at the fucking Mandalay Bay.

Jesus christ.

Well user, to be honest, when the game gets released you will be able to changer Super Girl into Power Girl.
For a price.

There were people on the stream chat last year defending melees place and saying it should be in next years evo too. Don't people get bored of watching fox/falco every match?

I think it's the autism, it's similar to MLP. They get excited when they're first introduced to it (admittedly Melee seemed hype when I first saw it) but the autism means they'll never get bored of seeing the same shit even if it deteriorates in quality or becomes stale for normal people.

It's a unique conundrum. There's decent character variety at low and intermediate levels (about 10 or 11 characters good enough to win a weekly or a monthly, for instance), but once you start dedicating your life to the game as a sponsored player, the gap between top tiers and everyone else is too big to ignore (with a few exceptional players who made their names playing mid tiers). In fairness, it's a very open game with more than one way to play each character, but nuances like that aren't really the best thing to show to people who are already skeptical of the game's lack of variety, especially onstage at an event like EVO.

Perhaps the stock count is also a factor: I think Melee would survive just fine if the stock count for each match was 3 instead of 4 (and by extension, the timer was reduced), which would probably shave a solid 45 minutes off the bracket at least.

That said, I'm a sperglord and I never get tired of Fox and Falco getting chaingrabbed, so maybe is right and the entire playerbase is just autistic enough to like it.

Why are you posting cuckchan caps?
From this year to boot?

If the same thread with the same reply was made here, it'd be fine. There's nothing incriminatingly "cuckchan" about it except the lack of IDs and the OP being a dickloving faggot that actually hates other FGs.

I saw it on Twitter yesterday. It illustrated my point.
s-sorry

Early days Melee was hype, but keeping it retired a year after they put away mvc2 would've been a good choice.

I think you might be right. Sakurai's autism didn't help the matter either.

pokken would be at least passable if it weren't so zoner heavy. watching dark mewtwo matches is completely uninteresting and he seems to hard counter most of the fun characters.

maylay has some good qualities but it's fundamentally handicapped by the fact that mashpotato samurai implicitly designs his games to be non-competitive. all of the interesting movement options, tech and characters would be far better served by a game that was actually intended to be fightan. this is why i liked p;m the most

and those games that actually do get made end up catching a whole different audience instead, even PM feels like it's got a whole different set of people playing it than other Smash games

gee, wonder why

A little late but…

The muscle memory thing made me think, someone needs to do an in-depth comparison between muscle memory learned for Melee and what's learned for other fighters, or even other Smash games/smash-likes. There's tons of differences, which is why it needs to be learned about.

Community aside, do you think Melee would be more interesting to see if the main format was doubles? I think it strikes a nice balance between the multiplayer chaos the developers intended and the competitive aspect. There's nothing like somebody hitting his own teammate through the air to get a kill offstage.

Embed related is the only thing I can think of, and even then it's several years old and lacking in technical details. The biggest thing which impacts muscle memory is the inability to use anything but your thumbs and index fingers for movement and attacking, unless you're some weirdo who uses the claw grip or a Tekken diehard like Javi. The tension put on your hand muscles from wrapping them around a Gamecube controller is quite intense, too, which is why so many top Smash players have hand problems.

If the Smashbox takes off we may see an influx of other fighting game players giving Smash autism a try, since the muscle memory would be more akin to a hitbox or arcade stick.

Oh no, that's not what I meant. I mean what's learned to be used, not what's required.

There was a lot more crossover between Melee and PM before Nintendo blackballed PM, but then everyone started dropping PM because "muh esports"

The problem is that the game is only interesting with a small handfull of characters. People think they want more character variety in Melee, but I guarantee everyone would be begging for more space furry matchups after watching a 45 minute set between Samus and Young Link.

There aren't American style cabinets anymore from what I've seen (at least in smaller shops where tournaments are held). It's all ball tops and square gates. I suggest buying a stick for home use and the extra gates (octagon/circle) and trying them all. Get a bat top too if you're accustomed to that.

Once you're back up to speed go back to the ball/square for a week or so and it'll feel natural. I try to run that set-up not because every cabinet at my local arcade has that in it.

This seems like a real bullshit excuse considering you got SNK pumping out update after update for free without a season pass and they're nowhere near swimming in the money Bamco makes

I at least don't think he's as obsessed with playing it casually as some people. Sure, Brawl was designed to cut shit like wavedashing and L-canceling out, but:

All in all, I think he's somewhere inbetween "I don't care how you play" and "You better fucking play casually or else you autistic nigger"

Tekken money gets blown to hell on the CGI, and considering it took this fucking long for Tekken 7 to get on consoles with such slow updates, I'm honestly inclined to believe that he's stretching his money thin. Still dumb though.

Shadow Mewtwo isn't even a zoner, though. He's also one of the lower-tier characters, although that doesn't mean as much in Pokken as in other games. He's still fun as fuck to play as.

Now that I think about it, if you swapped Mortal Kombat and King of Fighters I'd honestly rather watch a tournament of the vote games than the ones that are paid-up to be on the main stage.

I'm not sure I understand the difference, which is probably due to my being a newfag. Do you mean how most every fighting game can be played with the same arcade stick grip (wine glass + hover hand), or how the thought "i need to back up, then move forward and punish" will be translated differently to Smash compared to fighting games?

Which points to him believing the "no items, fox only, final destination" meme as though it were true. A real omega mode would just remove item hazards while keeping unique platform layouts, or make each stage have a Battlefield mode instead of something as boring as FD.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Melee seems to have a lot of muscle memory required just for moving around while other games don't really have something like that apart from a few characters, and the rest is mostly combos and punishing.

kek

So is there any reason for any pro player to play SFV besides CPT at this point?

Nope

>suddenly now they have to have season pass and DLC bullshit to justify updating a game that people already bought
Bamco taking a page out of Capcom's book it seems.

Probably because Smash focuses on platforming as much (if not more than) the fighting, so the thought and execution required is divided between the two aspects.

No, the only reason SFV is still getting entrants is because Capcom is pumping money into it.

I cannot express how grateful I am to SNK for rising from the dead to save us from the hell that is modern fighting games jewry.

It was, but it wasn't the game's fault. Essentially, there were 2 issues: organizational mismanagement and the meta at the time.

Smash went over an hour of it's allocated time, which made Pokken go over, and then pokken went over an hour more then that. Many players there have said that there were organizational issues that caused this, but people got buttmad that Pokken cut into their time.

Secondly, it was that at the time, Pokken's meta was VERY keepaway/zoner heavy. Sceptile, Braixen, Suicuine, Gardevoir, and Shadow mewtwo were basically all the top 8 was. This is fixed now and has been for months, things settled out, the entire cast is viable at high level now. Pic related is the current tier list from the evo champion and another high level US player (Tonosama;'s list has the arcade characters since they are out there). The keeyaway didn't help the going overtime either.

See above, no longer a problem fam

It's arguably a little more of a guessing game on wakeup then some other fighters but outside of that not really. It's the same basic attack/block/grab trifecta all games have, except in pokken, there's also focus attacks which play into that and is is more important then block in that triangle, and you can't tech grabs, rather, attacks pierce them.

He's not, but he can play keepaway.

I think we'll get them eventually, even if it's a switch port.

TPCI dropping support at worlds is the real problem.

That's not how free works.

Yeah, and that's not even getting into the microspacing for stuff like wavelands, waveland edge cancels, shield dropping, and turnaround cancels. The fact you can turn your character around and be facing the "wrong" way is probably responsible for a lot of this quirkiness. I guess it makes sense to me since I've watched a bunch of it and I like platformers; the fundamentally different approach must be weird to a lot of people.

I can't imagine what a Street Fighter player would think if he loses a combo because of a Pokemon Stadium transformation. Fuck, even Smash autistocrats get mad over that.

Not at all, also the director of sfv blocked Ino on twitter lmao.

They're also supposed to be releasing another balance patch just before CPT so the game could completely change again, its a clusterfuck.

GG top eight was extremely sick and Sin was a mistake.

Hey guys, remember me?

Is Cammy the sexiest in Blonde Fighter V?

Watching this kind of shit makes me want to step my Venom game up, but then I realize I'm lazy and he requires an insane amount of work.

Is Croagunk really terrible or is he low-tier because of his RNG? I was looking forward to playing as him (in 2025 when we eventually get the arcade characters on Switch 2).

DId they ever implement GGPO or give the game a story mode?

No idea about story but they've not added GGPO for sure. Game has about 1-7 players online at max and the average playtime in the last two weeks according to SteamSpy is 9 minutes. It's much too late to add anything at this point so I think it's 99% sure they'll never add it. Shame too, game looked really fucking neat graphically and conceptually when it came out. I didn't buy it because the online didn't work for me in the demo and I couldn't be bothered to make it work and I'm pretty glad I didn't.

I'm 99% sure the reason it never got GGPO is because Nicalis. They're doing the same thing they did to the La-Mulana devs to the Yatagarasu devs. They took a fuck load of money to localize/port; but never deliver on it. It's been three years (four years if you count the cancelled 3DS version) since Nicalis announced the Vita/Xbone/PS4 ports with GGPO, and the last time they said anything was on October 3rd 2015 with a single tweet.

This is exactly what happened to La-Mulana's Wii port; Nicalis took the money, stayed silent on their work then kept giving excuses and excuses. Finally one day announced the cancellation without contacting the devs first. Luckily the devs got another publisher to do the work Nicalis should have done and finished in under 3 months.

and don't get me started on 90s Arcade Racer. Everything Nicalis touches gets fucked horribily. Someone needs to warn devs to stop working with them.

I'm guessing you guys know theres a discord and you can organize games with people there. Also I don't have the steam version so my hours wouldn't be counted (I don't play much though)

I thought that was just another case of a Kickstarter taking the money and running

Partially, The Wii U and PC version were almost finished and they got outside help from Nicalis. Well long story short Wii U and PC version got cancelled because Nicalis absorbed the funds for Xbone and PS4 version that never came out. So the whole project is dead in the water till Nicalis finishes what they were paid to do and they can get more funds from the PS4/Xbone versions sales.

Moral of the story is don't kickstart anything and EA is more trustworthy than Nicalis.

Core-A made a new video. Figured it was relevant since mentioned Capcom might be releasing a new patch just before CPT.

SF Grapplers and CHarge-characters are weak

I don't follow the japanese scene enough to know, you'd have to ask Ourobous or Jetsplit or other high profile community memebers who do

beef bison or skinny bison?

I'm gonna say skinny but only because of the CvS version. CvS1 has the best Bipson stage and theme, his supers get beefed up with some cool details, he gets the SF EX leg throw and, overall, he just seems like the most serious of his incarnations.
If it weren't for that, I'd say beef. It goes on a almost opposite direction but the smugness is just too well done.

Beef. It makes him look pompous and arrogant, which he is.

preaching to the choir. SFV sucks and the only thing capcom can do ,or is good at doing, is just fuck it to the ground even further. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that there would have to be significant buffs to the characters to make the game more interesting and fun while maintaining balance.

This one

I vote Beef.
Skinny Bison always seemed more serious and calm which is fine, But Beefy Bison is arrogant, pompous and most importantly smug and his character works best like that in my opinion.

Probably the worst lie of them all. Characters with more diverse and interesting options feed into individual players' playstyles and help mark differences between them, thus making the players interesting themselves. FANG and Urien are considered the most interesting characters because of this but only one of those is high tier.

for fighting games, characters make the ENTIRE game let alone it being interesting.
some might say
for certain games, but if you have a roster where there are no fun, exciting or interesting characters to play as, you have a fighting game that's just not worth playing.

Post these.

I can't wait for more SRS ADULTS to shitpost about video games on ESPN this summer.

I hope it's more Polish granddads.

Wait that happened? Link?

Someone do a guilty gear xrd revelator one

Hol Horse is fun incarnate.

Fuck you nigga Mariah is some of the dumbest fun I've had, I need to get better so I don't get reamed by nips who've played the game since the arcades.

It reminds me of an interview done by the owner of TSM on LoL's aggressive patching. When companies have to "shake things up" like this and take the game from a skill-based competition to a gong show featuring whatever gimmick the developer thought up. If a five-man team analyzing and playing the game 10hrs/day can't figure it out in time, I'd be surprised if 1v1 games like Street Fighter could solve the newest patch soon enough.

Eh, it's a decent interview. The team owner knows what he's talking about, but you can skip to 5:35 to hear his answer to the "lol just adapt" argument most Capcucks will throw out.

Forgot to mention, that guy's Twitter feed is legendary.

Street Fighter anime movie Dictator; Cat playing with mouse VEGA.

Some richfag dumped 3000$ on MvC after pokken closed the 2000$ difference between them, it now has a 4000$ lead.

MvC: $15,446
Pokken: $11,505
KI: $4,942
Windjammers: $1,388
ARMS: $1,320
Skullgirls: $672
SSF2T: $588
MKXL:$135
Nighogg: $35

Wow, Nidhogg made enough to be able to buy the game twice.

It's not over till the 8th, don't count it out yet.

Maybe it'll be enough to by FOUR copies for the game!

The whole setup is incredibly gay and self-serving. One registration number, one vote. What's difficult about this

You might be right.

learn some tandem combos
use time stop against characters who aren't Dio/Jotaro/Shadow Dio
Use that super where Dio sucks the blood of the other character
That is a really effective super and it's a fucking shame that it gets used quite seldom

It's only really good if you can trick the opponent into pressing a button into it. If there was one change I could make to HftF it would be to make facegrab hit people in the air, that would make it a better move for sure and would give him a defensive option. And make Kakyoin's drills not overheads. Holy shit that has to be the dumbest thing in the game short of Petshop

What about buffing weaker cast members over making stronger ones worse and possibly less fun to the people playing them.
It's not even power creep either, power creep is new stuff clearly out weighing new stuff which for a fighting game be new characters coming out and being able to trash everyone before them with ease.

New Kakyoin is one of those things I don't really get but still gets a chuckle out of me.
I don't play assfaggots.

Still hoping to see the Darkstalkers and GGAC+ ones made.

If any fellow PS4 Eurofags are interested, there's a PSN sale and GGXrd Rev is up for €15 and SF5 for €20 (it's gonna be F2P one of these days).

Considering they have been openly shilling it in anime to try to get sales, I'll give em until the end of year for it to go F2P

Did that really happen with Guilty Gear?

I'm talking about SFV not Guilty Gear. Capcom is paying to advertise it in the Akiba's Trip anime

Gals Fighter is the best KoF game, prove me wrong. Protip: you can't.

what a qt

Man the NeoGeo Pocket had some really great games. Wish mine still worked.

Get a Hori Fighting Commander. It's like $40 and just werx. I have the newest one that looks more like a Saturn pad and I liked it so much I bought another one and one for my friend. Easily a good controller for someone who wants a step up from the basic DS3 or DS4. Otherwise try to look at cheap sticks and see if learning new muscle memory works for you. Keyboards can work but they also have other difficulties for me to play right. It's totally possible and theoretically better than a controller but I'm way more comfortable on pad.

ok.

NeoPop emulates them pretty well. I just wish the netplay didn't crash trying to link up on one system. I wanted to try Card Fighters Clash against myself.

Do you know what that means?

I always wind up playing the insane characters in FG but I have no regrets.

Correct on the first one, the second is more because I play Slayer in GG and Valkenhayn is the same type of guy who hits like a freight truck but isn't potemkin or Tager.

Boy what happened to that
Also,

Have you tried playing Azrael? Is far closer to Slayer than Valk, they even gave him the Slayer alternate color because of this.

I stopped playing BB when I left College right when Bullet and Azrael came out. He's probably more closer to slayer, but I prefer having Wolf form to critical hits.

Is the Mayflash Universal Fighting Stick any good? I want to try and get something cheap but good at the same time and I prefer using a joystick than a d-pad.

I'm more surprised by the latter, holy shit.
Did MvC really need that? Hell I don't even like Pokken that much but MvC has overstayed its welcome at least until PC release in March

I've seen capcom v snk used as an example of a game where being offensive is not viable.
Are there any examples of a fighter where being defensive is not viable or being offensive is too good?

Skullgirls

marvel 3

So basically any VS style game?

Just get a cheap piece of shit and put a new stick and buttons in it. Since you already know that you like arcade sticks, this is gonna save you some serious headache and shekels.

Not sure about TvC, but yeah, extra crazy airdasher VS games. You don't have as many ways to get out of trouble and protect yourself as you do to pressure your opponent and keep resets going, in SG at least.

That game has the unique distinction of not being centered around infinite combos. The Baroque is a much better X-factor that doesn't let you spam a single move until your opponent is dead.

My only complaint is that Morrigan's Dark Illusion is just a cinematic move and not like in any other game she's in. And Frank west got improved upon in UMvC3 so I'd want to see the new one with level ups in TvC.

In general it feels like characters got simplified in that game but I still like it. Shame it's locked on the Wii.

It does, and it may not be enough. Pokken's community is super tight knit and organized and they have thousands of dollars saved to donate for the last day.

reminder to support up and coming FGs so they can be forgotten and left for the mystery tournaments
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=838627659

Somebody dropped 1k on pokken

$15,463 for MvC
$12,738 for pokken

you right

When modders make better gameplay changes than Capcom…

Who is the chocolate wrapped in red?

Strip Fire V….. Capcom please.

Dat Gomen ne finish

Remember when Puzzle Fighter had food drop to restore health like a Final Fight game?

It's pretty shit. It's small and light and the parts suck and bringing it up to a decent standard would almost cost more than buying a good stick to begin with.

If you want a good but cheap stick you have to watch Ebay and Amazon listings pretty hard.

Now what would ESPN think of such tomfoolery, hmm? :^)

Mariah from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, part 3.

Thanks
Mariah reminds me of Moriah from D&D: Shadows over Mystara (the Capcom game).

xrd looks like fun but linux

Well, you have Skullgirls, fightcade and some doujin games like Vanguard Princess. I remember SFV was announced for SteamOS like it was the big game for it since the Arkham Knight port was cancelled after that atrocious PC release.

By the way, do you guys remember that indie brazilian 1-button fighting game? Well, it has 4 buttons and a completely different new system now. They started a new crowdfunding campaing on some hue version of indiegogo.

Yea. I like SG actually about to check one some of this update shit that went down. Fightcade is great too. Didn't know about doujins though.

Sadly, I don't think SFV on linux is happening.

The new system is definitely better than the old one and I would definitely play it over Fantasy Strike.

Platypus loli is also cute.
I don't actually know if its a loli, I can't read br

Stupid me, that's a girl's name.

I don't know if I think the designs are good or bad but the pixel art is great. Hope this makes the money so maybe Brazil can have a fighting game that doesn't have net lag.
who am I kidding it will still lag

Don't worry user, we love you

They didn't specify anything about the character in the video, just explained what the battle system is like but I think most of you guys can get the gist of it.

Well……at least KoF is finally back on the roster

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of the old system but i'm not really sure about the new one with the Jason/RESURRECTION mechanic. Also, why the fuck is alpha > beta

She's 15 young genius that lives "in her own world" having her Platypus as an imaginary friend. Likes burguers with fries and biology.
Her description says she'll be a long range character using the claws of her costume and will use body slams.

Her brother will be a grappler and its the best pal of the MC (the angel guy).

Scratch that. The MC is the fairy girl. She looks to be a zoner.

I don't know why she wasn't made for the old public build of the game.

I like the resurrection because they've cleverly implemented it as a hype mechanic for high level play (Second health bar rounds get tense since you need the super kill and your damage moves start requiring health after resurrection as they demonstrated which means careful risky plays and clutches) and as a forgiveness mechanic for casual play. It shouldn't occur very often in high level anyways because you only need one stock for super kills.

My only real objection with it is how big is damage going to be in the new system?

Am I in a bizarro dimension

tit socks are the tightest shit ever

I'm slightly disappointed but at least this means it could be a normal-ish fighting game.

How surprising. I'm just waiting to see how much of this Capcom decides to copy and sell.

I'm still pissed they're leaving out Marvel in favor of 2 Smash games.

Looks like it could be fun. Not sure how I feel about the res mechanic though

Not a fan of that being a thing.

should I save money and spend the shekels?

You're being ripped off

It seems the rate Arhuon ask per sprite.

the guy who was making card sagas wars.

What?

A lot of professional artists use tumblr, what's new?

do anyone knows where I can get magic plus 2002 for ggpo?

So people are trying to mod the English dub for Xrd back into Revelator.
steamcommunity.com/home#scrollTop=0
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=849743481
opinions?

Whatever floats their boat. I couldn't care less and can't think of a bigger waste of time but it's no skin off my back if someone wants to do it.

More power to them I guess. I'm still waiting on a sale and hoping I can run the damn game.

Whats the difference between sanwa and seimitsu pushbuttons?
Are there any other good brands besides sanwa and seimitsu?

works in linux using wine without any fuckery it's just not full 60fps if you use the opensource AMD drivers on an older card like 7850

Here's a video if you want to see an autist clacking on buttons.

Hori sells their Kuro buttons, and there's a company called Gamerfinger that has mechanical keyboard switches underneath their buttons.

Rev runs better than Sign on PC. If you can run Sign you can run rev.

The other brands are HAPP and Gamefingers, but I haven't used them. Sanwa and Kuro buttons feel very similar to me. They are very easy to activate, like resting your fingers on the buttons might get you a button press. I prefer Seimetsu, they are still easy to activate, but you can rest your fingers on them without accidental inputs.

This actually looks fun and I like the character designs. Hope to see more of it

2.50 a button adds up fast

ay

sequel/reboot when

Nah.

SFV Juri's super is worse super ever…

They were a bitch to use on a keyboard.
Also the guy is making Hero Fighter now. it doesn't have the same characters, but its the same gameplay style.

LF2 will always be the best though.

I fail to see the issue.

Everything about Juri in SF5 is disappointing. She's like the poster for the game in a sense, gutted and washed out.

Do every one of you have these games on steam or do you pirate and play it MP with help of some other program?

Wait, what happened?
I haven't played since season 1

I can't speak for everyone, but her super just being a generic fireball is really disappointing, and that isn't even getting into the censorship.

It's a hell of a lot better than trying to land the autromatic flurry that keeps dropping the combo after like 2 hits

See, I'm fine with fireball supers if the animation is interesting to look at, which hers is imo. Though I see your point, they could've done more, but as far as fireball supers go it's pretty nice.
Funny, I thought the topic was Juri's super, not Capcoms "inclusive" business strategy.

I wouldn't mind it if she had a fireball super or ultra in SFIV, but it's a radical departure from what she had in that game. It's a fine super, but it doesn't fit Juri.
Characters are more than just collections of hitboxes and frame data, user. I'm not good enough at any fighting game to ignore the visual fluff, so seeing Capcom censor one of their best original characters in recent memory is another bitter pill to swallow.

arcsystemworks.jp/portal/post-3706/
I wonder how many more moves will be replaced/added. Next loktest is 2/11

Believe me, if there's one person posting on this board that is well aware of this, especially pertaining to this particular character, it would be me. I think you're misinterpreting my opinions on Juri's super as my opinion toward her treatment in SFV as a whole. On a whole, I find her overall treatment to be frankly disrespectful to the character and her fans, though that does not stop me from enjoying certain aspects of what she is in SFV.

What? There are people who aren't running mods to put her cleavage back in?

Next you'll tell me you play on console

Looks like by taking things back to #reload they were planning on what they did originally, which was building up character moves and complexity and system complexity over time.

I don't have the game but from what I read, it seems there was quite a 180Âş in the tiers. Chun-li and Nash are garbage now, Laura and Guile are really strong and, the one constant, Alex and FANG are even worse.
So much for their "balance with buffs and not nerfs" approach.

Mods really are the best thing about this game after FANG's theme.

And because Capcom really wants to make this game as unappealing as possible, pic1 just happened. Second DLC character to be announced this month, which by Capcom math means the first week of May. It's probably gonna be Kolin/Helen.

On another note, just saw frionel's tier list for KoF XIV. Any KoF players think there's any truth to this? I haven't played in a while but from my experience, the row under Leona with Verse swapped for Athena definitely composes the top choices I've come across. Also don't think Ramon is that weak.

tfw Antonov player

Every fucking tier list no matter the format, the syrup cyborg never gets a chance to shine

What makes her so good on this iteration of KoF?

I am though and I went through the ass-ache of using a model editor to change filenames around so it would work after S2 fucked mods.

Has there ever been a time when she wasn't good?

The new KoF XIV costumes are out if anyone else cares

Compare her SF4 super fireball animation to her SFV one…

I fucking give up on fighting games, i ve spent too much on my life to accomplish nothing, there is 0 reward even if you can beat most people unless you are top 30 you are just wasting your time, fuck vidya…. well maybe not but fuck trying to be the best at any videogame it's just wasting life

I see what you're getting at, in fact I liked her super in SF4 better than any other move she had. However, that doesn't absolutely mean that her SFV super is bad, just not as good.

it's probably legit because my favorite character to play as is in not-good tier.

You'll find that it's that way with most things. If you wanted to make money out of something that's fun, you'll find that you have to do that fun thing so autistically that it is not only not fun anymore, but now a major continual chore that you are obligated to never stop.

Being number 1 is suffering. Just fight for fun user. But you'll always keep coming back anyway. You've spent too much time doing this after all. You aren't really good at anything else

See you online again in a week.

If you're not liking what you're doing then why are you even trying to get better at it? No matter how hard you try there's always going to be someone who's better than youand that applies to everything. All you can do is not be a limp-dick bitch and keep trying.

This mentality always bothers me.

No one likes hard fucking work. No one likes repetition and obligation.

The idea is to make smaller sub goals to your over arching goal and get really obsessed with achieving those sub goals.

This triggers your reward system and keeps you working. because we grew up on video games our reward systems are fucked I think. People dont realize how much work has to go into things and dont break it down accordingly.

Welcome to most human entertainment endeavors. None of what your doing really matters, just have fun with it.
Your reward for putting effort into competing is improvement and the experience - so enjoy it. Only the very best should expect any other reward for their efforts. Even the people that can barely climb to the top of their own region know this. If you don't simply enjoy the competition in a game for it's own sake (playing and getting better at the game), why do you think any sort of participation award is going to help you?

Have no exact idea but I've seen people play her so aggressively, you'd swear she can't be a charge character.
Talking out of my ass here but I'd say she probably has really good oki with the earring bomb and the air special so she can keep the opponent pinned.

Don't play the characters but saw them on the store. €1,50. That's €0,50 cheaper than Nightmare Geese. And a whole lot less than what Capcom charges.
will goy for Luong

I'm sorry you're realizing this now but obsessing over something as meaningless as leader boards is pointless. No matter how smart, skilled, or talented you are people will still hate you.

Fun fact about KoF charge characters, not only is the charge short relative to other Fighting games (30 frames) but you can also down charge while running by holding a downward diagonal.

Why would you force yourself to do something you don't even like unless you need to to stay alive? Why bang your head against a wall hoping that at some point you'll start liking it? I guarantee you that there's isn't a top athelete/musician/anything in the world that doesn't really like the thing they're good at and really liked it before they got good. just clearly doesn't like fighting games if he doesn't feel like putting the time into them and his only goal and source of enjoyement is reaching the top and not actually playing considering how he's saying there's 0 reward when the reward itself should be playing the game and getting enjoyment from it.
No it's a reasonable mentality. Being a quitter is when at the first sign of hardship you just drop whatever it is you were doing but if after hours and hours of just fundamentally not liking the thing you're doing you should realise that maybe the thing you're doing isn't for you or at least consider changing how you're approaching it. And please spare me from your armchair psychologist "video games are reprogramming our minds" shit. It sounds just as stupid as people saying GTA is turning everyone into murdering and raping psychopaths.

Are you telling me you like practicing combos constantly and getting bodied by better players repeatedly?

Bullshit. You do it because you like the feeling of a close fight. You like winning. Or at least almost winning by a hair.

Everyone hates training. Everyone hates having their ego crushed. You do it to get stronger and have the temporary feeling of reaching your goals.

When that feeling dies, you have to start chasing again or you go crazy.

What's the best way of starting with fighting games? I took a liking to Darkstalkers but I'm not sure how alive that series is.

You can always play Vampire Savior on Fightcade, if you're concerned about how dead the series is. As for getting into fighters, I'd say read about which character(s) you want to learn on wikis such as the SRK wiki or Dustloop or the Mizumi wiki. Also, watch some videos of high level gameplay of the game you want to learn, and with the character you want to learn. Some people can learn by watching, and then practicing what you saw in training mode. I'm not great at giving advice, so I hope what I told you was useful.

The best possible way is to find your local fighting game group, be humble and try to learn from the best guys.

If that isn't possible for you, consider getting gud at interpersonal relations and starting your own group. Good players may show up if you manage things right.

I-I don't. It's the most relaxing part of a fighting game.

I'm sorry to be the one to tell you

autismspeaks.org/what-autism/symptoms

Just kidding man, psychology is fucking pseudoscience

I heard some shit on here about ASB being shit, what's up with it?

It's a slow fighting game, and it's more of a fan service fighter than one balanced for competitive play. Also it runs at 30 fps.

Is it supposed to be like this when you start out? I feel like I'm shittier than the average newfag.

feels kinda neutered, like trying to seem more factual than funny

The game is actually ridiculously well balanced, it's just slow as fuck.

It's not, you have characters like Giorno who can 100% of unblockables and Jolyne with the same shit

You can just-defend unblockables.

Just block high and low and the same time?

Just-Defend is blocking at the last moment to cause an additional effect.
ASB calls it Stylish Dodge and is fairly lenient IIRC.
You could probably just do regular side steps too, I followed the game with a bunch of JJBA enthusiast frenchies but I never heard of unblockables from those two, Giorno is especially confusing.

Go play some MotW. It'll do you some good.

but you can't block, look up ASB unblockable .
Gio shoots a projectile on a knocked down opponent and before they finish getting up it hits does the taunt with the camera angle change and the projectile hits you during that when you can't block, you can't block it at the last moment because you can't block it in general.
Jolyne has a similar one where by doing her jump stand attack (Image) and then taunting you just get hit and stuck in stun by her stand and then she can combo that into another unblockable and then do it again for her command grab super for kill. (Jolyne doesn't even need knockdown due to her stands air ora ora having years of active)
To be technical the entire cast has access to this unblockable do to them all having the taunt buy these 2 are the only ones who can outright 100% you by doing unblockables you can't respond to.

Game doesn't refer to them as just defends or work as just defends at all, it sort of shows them side stepping the attack last moment (Not like it helps them get out of taunt unblockables) but playing Mark of the Wolves is never a bad idea

Also if you are to stylist dodge the ait born stand attack you're still required to block it after which leads into a different unblockable where she just hits low, Jolyne got nerfed every patch this game had and still the most busted

Rip Ky's 6H. New one looks cool but it's not going to be nearly as good.

So, Taunt Combos?
In the latest version you can only do one taunt combo per round instead of infinitely/one per combo.
The video you took that picture from said that the unblockable setup doesn't work anymore since GHA's reset the guard gauge.
I absolutely cannot find a source for the Giorno one but it's probably outdated too.

No it's a set up using it to making the new combo's starters unblockable due to having no block state right as the taunt ends (So the combo number resets but it might has well not)
It's not being used as a combo extention it's a reset using it as an unblockable so it doesn't matter it would normally be 1 a combo
Air ora > Taunt > Lose block > confirm > Knockdown > Unblockable set up > Recover enough to reset the combo (So run up jump air ora again) > Taunt > Lose block.
That's a different (and worse) set up that I got the picture from since I assumed it would have the pictured move I needed.
Jolyne's Air Ora is active for so long like a projectile it's still there as the taunt begins so holds it's active hitbox over the enemy so when they get up and recover and begin to block the taunt suddenly makes it unblockable (If you do the taunt too early it does combo and fucks everything up) .
There's a similar meme you can do with Kira where you taunt just before his normally blockable super projectile hits so it's now unblockable

Has anyone done one of these for Immaterial and Missing Power?

Yeah, that's taunt combos dude. Works as long as the opponent is in a state where they cannot block (including when recovering from a knockdown). Only works once per round (not combo, the entire ROUND) because you're allowed to block after the first unblockable.

Is English not your first language either?

They're given it back for an instant so they can lose it again.
Again it's never started as a combo (Taunt combos still keep the counter going and are only ghetto fixed where it only stops your active mid combo if it detects another use), it's exploiting the first frame after the taunt where no input gets in but any hit and hurt boxes are left combined with Jolyne's fast movement to end a combo then have them upon getting hit meatied normally then have the taunt take their block which no other character can get away with.
And even if it misses timing by being considered a taunt combo and they block she still has an active high to convert into an unblockable with low and confirm with that.

I only post here to practice English.

So are you saying this has to be frame perfect?
The taunt animation should only work when the opponent is in a knockdown state in the first place.
You're still not sourcing either.

How do you guy`s cope when you feel inadequate with the progress you`ve been making, I keep playing less and less to do other things I have to do and I keep seeing my game play getting worse and worse which then makes me feel less into playing.

Yes
It was on some fighting game mechanic breakdown channel where it shown all possible exploits a fighter has when input is perfect, let me get it. Won't be in english so rev up that translate for the subtitles.

This is like the fifth time I have seen a thread suddenly have Jojo all star battle discussion, is that game good in anyway?

Good fanservice (better than EoH IMO) but meh gameplay due to bad pace with some neat mechanics but not much.

I just deal with it. I'm not buying CF, irl friends have become casuals, and locals have moved and only played Capcom stuff.

I Johnny or Gyro any good? I like the idea of suddenly mid combo getting on a horse and then having the horse combo them.

Ok.
I`m at least glad I don`t have this problem Because I never had IRL friends willing to learn fighting games in the first place ;-;

is Johnny*

Gyro is good, not sure about Johnny since I haven't seen much of him but I do know he needs to be on the horse 24/7 and needs to build meter to get to Act 4 immediately.

I know the feeling.

Well there`s a reason to play the game even for a little bit, thanks.

I like boobs but SFV Juri is TOO BUSTY.

It's veeeeery slow paced, so if you come from HttF and expect a similar title you're shit out of luck. Then there's the problem of half the attacks not having a good reach, taunts actually effecting gameplay and a shitton of counters that just do little to no damage. Also its launch period was so bad it tainted the love for the game for most of its playerbase.

Diavolo says hello
Also all attacks but like two or three situational ones can be defended against with stylish dodges, just sit down and spam back and backdown directions
Also yeah you can't combo out of a GHA. A normal super though can be used to keep a combo going.

Gyro requires you to know mechanics for both Stand users and Hamon users. He's like two characters in one with and without the horse, unlike Johnny who's a sitting duck without it. Plus he's the fastest corpse-gatherer of the three character that have access to it.
The highest tiered characters though are Diavolo (because of his BnB dealing the most damage out of the whole cast, his OTG attack being meaty as fuck and can be used twice in a row and Epitaph is just one bar's worth of Stylish Dodges for free) Vanilla Ice (he's slow as fuck in Cream but if the opponent is downed you get plenty of free hits with it, unblockable at it) and Hol Horse (J Geil can hit even if Hol is being pummeled to death, so it can stop enemies from attacking but it now costs a bit of meter). But the most technical one is definitely Mista.

His meter is better for PC's because of that huge damage you mentioned, otherwise his gameplay is kinda basic and doesn't compare to some of the others. Also, if your opponent doesn't bother attacking Epitaph (since he fucking can't) then it's a waste of time and meter.
Annoying but not top tier material

The game's still fairly balanced either way, you really just won't find much high level stuff outside of the Diavolo whore on nico and some frenchies/italians.
Sad because this game had a chance of being something good.

Who's your fave warrior woman?

Helen/Kolin is expected to be the next reveal on V(alentines) Day. Rumour is she has ice fighting.

Anyone up for some Project M netplay?

Epitaph is still wasted if Diavolo moves or if the opponent grabs him.
And as I said, Mista is fucking technical and takes forever to be good with him but boy oh boy it's really fun to play with. At least he's not like Kakyoin where you just have to set up a billion things to deal half a health-bar's worth of damage, whereas any other character could do that with easy beats. Also fuck easy beats.
I know EXACTLY who you're talking about, I hate him so fucking much and I find it very pleasuring to see him fall for some other cheap character by the hands of someone who can play this game for shit.
And yeah the game IS balanced, just not in the way that makes people want to play it, as in it's not fun to wait for the opponent to finish juggle you up at a snail's speed.

shut your MOUTH

KoF XIV's 1.12 patch is out, netcode works again without having to do the lobby workaround.
Also I don't know if I should pick up Joe for my team or not, I never really used him but I'm having fun.

Because Capcom can't figure out consistency. How many different ways did Charlie die in canon again?

Last I remember he fell off a cliff or never left the shadaloo base or something.

In one of the Alpha games (I think A2) he allow snackbar'd himself to kill Bipson. Then in A3 he got gunned down by a helicopter and fell off a cliff.

Well, one thing's consistent - Akuma can't kill a geezer dying of leukemia.

Not trying to be a smart ass but it's the other way around, user. Gunned down in A2 (the Venezuela waterfall stage) and Rashidooooo!!! in A3.

Meanwhile, Black Canary announced for Microtransactions 2 Iron Men Among Us. For NRS standards, they actually did a good job here so I'm fairly certain they gonna beat her with the ugly stick anytime soon.
There's profiles for Poison Ivy, Brainiac and the most manlet looking Bane (Big guy? Maybe in the Shire.) so they'll likely be playable down the line.

People are calling her Sonya Blade. And that fiery punch? Is this RWBY? It seems she was supposed to be present on the first game, but was cut. So far, seems like the leak is right. If that's the case, soon we will see Cheetah. I am saddened that Big Barda and Plastic Man are probably out.
But, about the costumes, seems like they will have a "For Glory" mode, where the costumes will not have any effects. If that's the case, we can consider the costumes just another take on the Heroes & Heralds mode from UMvsC3.

Yesterday was a good day anons

I beat his ass with Athena for 4 fights then we headed home. PSYCHO BALL and TELEPORTO coming out of the cabinet so loud it was all you could hear in the entire building.

My friend had fun despite not winning anything, he's out of practice for sure. He also didn't understand how the Japanese style cabs worked which was kinda funny. We were going to play SF3 which are back to back. He's one of those people that looks right at you and pretends to understand but he doesn't fucking listen. He kept trying to sit down at the machine next to me and I'm just repeating myself: "Other side dude, play on the other side, play this machine on the other side, DUDE FUCKING LISTEN OTHER SIDE". I had to walk around and sit him down at it.

Slowly but surely I'm building up a local group. I haven't really broken into the one at the arcade yet because I haven't gotten to go much on Saturday/Friday night. I'm going to step up next time I go though. I've been watching some guys play in there and they are pretty good. Wanna see how I match up.

Where do you live, user? There aren't any arcades around me except for a Galaga cabinet owned by a local pizza place; It's better than nothing!

Ah, my mistake. I didn't play much of the Alpha games And this is what happens when Capcom let's Udon write portions of the lore.
In Akuma's defense, I'm not sure Gouken had a soul even before getting hit with the raging demon.

No biggie. Alpha 2 is my favorite SF title so I remember a lot of it.

Meant Gen. :^)
Couldn't kill him in Alpha, couldn't kill him in 4 and he still can't kill him in 5's prologue.

Speaking of which, fuck Capcom for turning that shit into Steve's super with the lights out. It's a spiritual death, you numb skulls! Not a "punch the other guy 500 times" death.

sounds like you had fun.

Well I know that motherfucker doesn't have a soul, I mean look at his eyes. As far as the raging demon goes, I agree completely. It was a move that was supposed to be ambiguous from the beginning and showing us anything more than the screams of the target ruined that. Thanks Cuckcom.

I live in a mid-Atlantic/southern state user. I lucked up and live an hour away from an arcade that is getting pretty famous as of late. It's a few blocks over from a college and lots of kids walk through. I envy the guy that owns it, I'd open one too if I had that kind of foot traffic.

Fuck

SF sure has a lot of opaque-eyed characters.

IIRC Akuma takes both his and the opponent's souls on a trip to hell, hence why it's also dangerous for the performer. Gen survives because, like Akuma, he can go into a state of spiritual purity. Meanwhile, Bipson, who's nothing but negative emotions, got instantly torn apart.
I kinda miss the Akuma tradition of him making up new moves by doing really crazy shit like splitting Ayers Rock with a punch or standing at near bottom ocean levels.

Fucker got done with it, not as good as the SC ones imo

Yeah, the craziest thing SFV Akuma has done is lose his razor. It seems like Capcom wants him to "grow up", for lack of a better term, and keep him as mundane as possible. Only slightly different from Ryu.

I could own one right now user my problem is

It fucking sucks. I just inherited a building with a ton of floor space that's set-up with an apartment in the back. I could LIVE in the arcade but I don't want to dump my money into something like that just to go broke from lack of business. It's a damn shame because I have room to spare and could host large tournaments. I just don't think people would drive 45+ minutes to the middle of nowhere to attend them.

new injustass patch changed supergirl's winpose slightly

u tried

not that far off.

That depends on what you mean by the middle of nowhere. 45 minutes from me to jump into an arcade and play all day with other people could be worth it. Would really depend on the games available. The foot traffic is really hard to get, though. I've wanted to open a small one near the city I work in since it's close to a university, but I really think the only way I'd make money in the area is by having a barcade and I couldn't even have a jewpuncher cab without having libshits lose their minds.

Angel is getting her 2001 outfit as her classic costume

That's photoshopped as fuck mate.

What do you think of this layout, /fighters/?
the button ice cream cones are just approximately how much space they would take up

I just saw it getting passed around, thought it was it because chinks have been talking about angle being their next DLC costume after Classic Iori.

That'd be neat, but I like her chest the way it is. Unless they also give her the classic animations zipping and unzipping her jacket, Angel having her boobs getting as much oxygen as possible is the best.

I'm a wide build so it looks a bit small to me, buttons too close together but it might be fine for you, maybe print it out and make sure it feels comfortable on that level

Why would you do this, the point of a general is it has the consistent name and topic for ease of getting to it, changing shit like that is why I`ve haven`t been going in the thread because I`d go into catalog, CTRL + F fighting game general like I`ve been since they started and if nothing shown up I`d go.

Whoever made thread didn't have the proper layout either, /fgg/ should at least be in the title

At least you tried….

Is it possible for mashing or unpredictable button/special (technically not mashing) strategies from low level players to be much more easily punished by skilled players who dedicate themselves to the game? Is this partly why SFV seem like arse and Fantasy Strike will be arse too? Even Rising Thunder had some level of execution.

It seems like just having a big execution requirement helps with this, or decent defence mechanics. Guilty Gear comes to mind.

Is it possible for good players to be better than bad players? Fucking what?

draw it on paper/print it and just do some dry tapping on it a few times over the course of a few days to see if it's comfortable for your hands

NEW THREAD

And all of you were treating Harada and Bamco like they would save fighting games with Tekken 7. Want another kicker: It's probably going to be shitty like the console version of 6 (Shitty story is the main emphasis, dlc and microtransactions for custom shit, shit netcode, the whole shibang will be a clusterfuck).