Post only the best intros the fire you up
The Game doesn't have to be good

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fA_gDnwcdZ8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's the little things that sell it

Rob Hubbard everyone

Best gear

There is something comfy about listening to an 8bit version of Pachelbel's Canon while a floating trough an starry field

Muh nigga.

Embed seriously gets me going.

Prepare for comfy.

The real intro begins at around 2:30 but the "credits" are enjoyable aswell.

God, what a good game. It was like a 80/90s teen movie mixed with a Sierra fantasy game.

Couldnt find the one with the Sega scream that didnt sound like shit. Enjoy.

I miss when game developers were self aware and just wanted to have fun.

all of these

This is garbage.

We will never see its like again.

you're garbage

More garbage, stop posting.

the warning from Dr. Light sets the tone for the whole damn X series

This game was pretty boring, but god damn the music was banging.

If we are posting weebshit, too bad the game wasn't that great.

Why are you posting the worst version?

Even watching the intro makes me want to replay it.

The Total Annihilation intro was pretty fucking great. Fantastic score in general.

I didn't have a C64.

Understandable

Enjoy Grimdark Vietnam lads

I need to play this shit again. If only there were more mods for this. After all a mod SDK was made.

Oh god, this some edgy crap. Go play Diablo or some other garbage.

Good stuff.

You give me the SNES version and i give you the arcade ver.

WHERE IS MARVEL?

FMV was the shit back then

better quality here.

You die now

Nice.

Turrican II (Amiga) > Turrican (C64/DOS) > Mega Turrican > Super Turrican (NES) > Super Turrican (SNES) > Super Turrican II (SNES)
Aye?

A classic

A real shame about this series. Phenomenal two games met with a incredibly sad 3rd game then outright abandoned. Everyone suffered this century. All your favorite companies changed and your favorite franchises destroyed.

Parasite Eve is one of the few games I feel that a fps-rpg hybrid would actually be good for but you know they'd never do it let alone pull it off.

IMO the best opening to modern jrpg game.

I want my Battle Pausing Magic Sphere back

We will never get games like these anymore

fuck yes. This. This intro. Savage. Absolutely majestic.

I just finished watching that. Great series.

I cried bitch tears at the end of the Chimera Ant arc.

:^)

The OST of Chrono Cross always gets me hyped

Also this

I can still remember the theme to this too.

Somewhat shit game, best fucking intro.

I can't actually make up my mind which is better, this one or Digimon World 3's intro but the theme here sounds a bit like Spybreak so I give this the edge.

Dude, you do know you can embed, right?

fixed with little bit of gameplay

and this one, holy fuck

Never much of a KOF fan but KOF 98's intro always had me pumped.

Wouldn't you believe that Tatsunoko vs Capcom was Tatsunoko's second foray into fighting games? The first one? Tatsunoko Fight.

NxC is a tedious, mediocre at best game, but damn, does it have a good OP.

Am I the only one that really likes this intro? It was one of the only redeeming factors about this game. The opening cinematic just flows very well. The animating in this video is in sharp contrast to the animations in the actual game.

Wow is that beautiful. I should get that track. The battle theme that came from it is pretty cool and I listen to that already.

I actually thought PSAS was actually pretty alright.
I know I certainly enjoyed going online with a friend and doing team fights against randoms.

I'd say that making the game completely revolve around supers was a bad call, though. Really should have just made it health, with supers just doing damage to that health, or at least made that a mode or something.

youtube.com/watch?v=fA_gDnwcdZ8

This one got me interested in trying the game out - can't tell if it's good at all or not

Metal Gear intros tend to be pretty excellent.

This one never fails

Thread is for best intro, not best intro music.

My favorite game at the time. The intro was movie-like in a good way, it got you hooked by making you wonder: why is that guy trying to escape, who are those other guys, what planet is that?!

And speaking of movie-like intros in cartridge-based 16-bit systems…

posting xx slash's intro so you can see the differences, since slash never came out in the west.

Despite the movies essentially being an utterly ruthless total war between ayys and PMCs the actual gameplay isn't particularly more gory then the kind of stuff you can do in C&C.

This intro is weird but it actually fits the theme of the game.

Prestige, legacy, and pride. This is where it all begins…

inb4:

As disappointing as Dark Souls 3 might be, I would consider the intro to be one of the only good parts of Dark Souls 3.

Simple, the pulsing music and text crawl create an ominous feeling. The blasphemous phrase at the end lets you know that whatever is going to happen, it goes against the workings of God, and little do you know, that may be for the best.

The intro was great. although it felt like the Imperial Guard should be the ones making that charge.

CAN YOU TAKE IT ALL AWAY
CAN YOU TAKE IT ALL AWAY
WHEN YOU SHOVED IT IN MY FACE
EXPLAIN AGAIN TO ME

nigger please
kof 97 intro is the best

and this one is the second best

it might have only ben me, but I found this intro hilariously dark, those are some ayys i dont want to lmao

I really miss these old star trek game intros, like star trek armada 2

star trek starfleet command iii also had a chill intro

A daredevil from the moon piloted a bizarre aircraft. It was feared, and because of its shape called EINHÄNDER

Yeah I liked it too.