LET IT DIE: Update Edition

I just got back from my yearly medical check up, turns out, i don't have any internal organs, just nasty gunky shit. anyway, ready to play?

last thread 404'd a bit short since people were still playing and discussing.
Maintenance is over and there is a 18 GB update that you have to download. seriously? 18 GB for maintenance? i thought the "content update" was later on february.

hows your climb Holla Forums? i myself just beat the game yesterday. only missing one stamp from floor 37 for the scythe, and supposedly there is a bigger reward if you get all 40 perfect stamps, which apparently nobody in the entire game has managed to do yet. after you beat the game you can reset your stamp rally page in batches of 10, so 1-10 can be erased to try them all over again, so can 11-20, 21-30, and so on, boss stamps are easy, but getting perfect on all the others sounds like an impossible task, if you screw one up in the batch of 10, you gotta reset all 10.

i have to say, the ending was very, VERY suda-like, reminded me a lot of Killer is Dead ending. i loved it.

Other urls found in this thread:

play-asia.com/let-it-die-uncle-prime-edition/13/70assv
letitdiethegame.com/news.html#/774/scheduled-maintenance:-2/1/2017-01:00-–-02:00-(pst)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I got the sniper blueprint from uncle prime and found 2 sets of the parts for it early I 1 shot the 1st main boss with the rage move Getting overpowered shit early is great

is this shit a joke or is this actually real?

Its an edgy game for kids, not much to it.

These updates are fucking huge, wish the game didnt have to go through these since shits fun.

How can one man be so retarded?

user are you okay?

yeah, why?

mp4 related

dunno why a couple of bug fixes is so huge. it better be worth it. all those un-completable quests should be available after

At least they fixed the whole issue with haters killing enemies breaking the quests thing.

Otherwise, still not really worth playing.

Anyone got the full OST?

I'm starting to feel this too. The combat isn't very nuanced or interesting. You basically just have to be the first to stunlock, or at higher levels smash armour then stunlock. I might stop playing for a while and check back in a month or two to see if there are any improvements.

that's like, your opinion, man. i've had more fun with this pseudo mmo than i've had with anything since the first time i played demon souls back in 2011. and i love the fact that its a new IP instead of a rehash, a remake, an "online" version of something that already existed, or something else of similar qualities.

you haven't gone past floor 10 have you?

I'm at floor 24.

and you've been flawlessly stunlocking machetefags since floor 11? even if you did that, killing every enemy with fists takes a long time, and taking a long time means…

I've not been killing them with my fists, mainly the Machete, every single enemy I've met so far excluding bosses and the more heavily armoured haters on the 21+ floors dies within 1 Machete combo. The game annoys me because dealing with singular enemies is piss easy, but there are few effective means of crowd control which makes dealing with 3+ enemies at once a pain in the ass, the third hit of the Machete combo sometimes gets the job done but even then it usually involves me running and opportunistically wearing down the group. If it's in a tight space it's usually a clusterfuck or I get jammed in a corner and die.

Essentially my issue is that if you're in control of the situation and can execute plans as you want, the game is way too easy. But any time it throws you into an ambush or something dealing with it is always really messy or involves something cheap like throwing a Sleepshroom then suplexing them all. There are a few examples like that ambush with the Gold chest on Nokejiri where the space you're given and the number of enemies are just right to be a decent challenge, but most of the time it's just messy.

Being told about how broken armour is and having just started to enter the grind for rare metals isn't helping either. I can cope with grind but alongside combat which disappoints me a lot of the time not so much. I don't think it's a bad game, I had a lot of fun until the combat started to bore me, I can see myself enjoying it again f there are some updates or adjustments.

neither will demon souls, NieR the first one, White Knight Chronicles one of my favorites, Folklore beautiful gem of a game no one even knows about, Resonance of Fate/End of Eternity, most yakuza games (beyond emulation), and many others.

if fighting more than one enemy at the time kills you, and ambushes kill you, then the game is not "really easy". because otherwise you wouldn't die. also, if you're on floor 24, you should already have a crowd control weapon, the axe. later on you can get the katana.

and also, armor isn't broken, it does what its supposed to do. Machetes are a little OP for the time you get access to them, sure, but it gets worse.

some metals are a bitch to get, which i agree with like DOD green and MILK blue/green/black, because there's no boss for them and the only way to get them is from RNG chests, but the reward for doing so is some of the best weapons in the game. weapons that make enemies a moving joke, like the cleaver saber and the pitch machine.

holy shit, apparently now you can invade "randomly generated" bases, i just invaded one who had like 30k coins and lithium and they kicked my fucking ass

yeah because there isn't already a metric ton of those available on pc to chose from ; even this fag has a more valid complain that you .Just pick one of the available ones and play you'll be bored of it before you even finish it anyways

Also is anyone else getting posting errors?

Those are devraids, they had the Yotsuyama/moutain-looking symbol as their flag right? They've been around for a while, though I've heard they might have adjusted when they start showing up.

i've been playing isnce around january 10 and haven't seen them once until now.

i mean sure, the YTMnk guys invade me all the time in the tower, but i was never able to raid their base

But that's exactly what it is. They took "Souls" gameplay, smashed it together with Freedom Wars' panopticons and drowned it all in F2P design.

I would have gladly paid 60 dollarydoos for the game if they stripped out the ingrained F2P tripe and actually made a game worth a fuck. They don't have a compelling reason to make the controls less clunky because they work against you in a way that people would buy death metals to get around. I'm not a sucker for this dumb over-the-top shit because we've seen it thousands of times before. Style doesn't make a game better.

Worst of all, the gameplay really isn't anything we haven't seen before, in fact it's a step back in many ways.

I wanted to like the game, I really did. It's simply not fun for me. Winning encounters is not satisfying. Losing encounters rarely feels like it's my fault, but rather because my character decided to dodge into the enemy instead of where I was moving. But as long as you're having fun, I can't fault you for it because there's barely shit worth playing on the PS4. But I can call you a faggot.

quests still don't fucking work.

fucking 12 hour long maintenance (5 of maintenance + 7 of downloading) fixed fucking nothing. kill 0/30 with lightning weapon doesn't work because none of the lightning weapon kills count towards the 30.
climb from ikegara to imokawa-cho without dodging also doesn't work even thought im 100% sure they changed the description of the quest, BEFORE the maintenance it didn't say that you had to do the climb WITHOUT DODGING, and now it does, but even if you don't roll once and kill every enemy, the quest still doesn't get checked as complete. i'm assuming the rest of the quests of that type don't work either.

minor things that changed:
-arcade now has a disco ball thing going on
-right-side map that shows the layout of the tower floors now has darker colors
-you can easily invade NPC bases now, those YTMNk-5 randomly generated ones, which have xbox huge amounts of coins and SPL to steal, but are really hard because they have a max amount of defending fighters all with 4/5 star gear and can easily kill your shit.

these are, so far, the only differences i've noticed. i just want "go from x to y killing all without doing z" quests to work already.

2 out of 10 CuntHo, fixed nothing.

to me this was the most enjoyable game since demon souls. i love the feeling of anxiety it gives you when you're running through high level floors trying to get to the next elevator, not knowing if a machete/cleaver dickass hater is going to jump you and make you invade people for 3 hours to retrieve your fighter because you're saving the few precious death metals that you get from stamps/quests/TFTB/events. Souls games don't have that, at most when you die you lose 5-10 minutes of progress and your souls which you can recover by not dying a second time.
Its quite an intense feeling that makes you be extra cautious while you're running through a level, you're trying not to get killed so you don't have to farm money to revive but you also have to hurry the fuck up because WE'LL FIGHT… UNTIL WE FALL, WE'LL RISE… TO TAKE A STAND

and yet you probably played all 4 souls games one after another knowing the same exact thing awaited you on each iteration
don't lock-on unless you're using a piercing weapon like Lance L2 or cleaver saber.
also how far in the tower did you get? i mean i expect you to have gotten at least halfway through before i take your hot opinions seriously

I believe it was supposed to be an actual game instead of freemium shit, but the publisher cucked them and they had to make it a f2p thing

Shame Sony yet again did fuck all advisement for that game and it sold like shit.
They were even working on a PSP sequel but got canned.

I don't even know why devs keep letting Sony publish their games when they never do their god damn job.

THIS

might as well just ask SUDA on twatter or something. the thing looks intrinsically an online experience, the whole idea that when your fighter dies it revives and fights other players fighters in the tower by itself as a main design choice sounds like the thing was online from the ground up

did you guys notice that the big head statue that you see on your way out of the tokyo death metro (or otherwise, on your way in during an invasion) actually has an opening in the back, with a little railing kinda thing holding the piece of statue outwards, and inside, the head has tons of Underworld Rolodex's, like the one uncle death gives you at the beginning of the game.

What a rush, and definitely the best TDM experience I've had yet. While I made no coin profit for obvious reasons, the intense narrow victory was priceless. This kind of shit is exactly why I love playing this game. Also, thank God for Giant Killer.

Cozy Okada is the tragic hero of the gaming industry if there ever was one.

that's working now?
what did they do to fix it?

no, its not.
those quests are still not working and im certain that the problem wasn't haters, but some other faulty coding. same reason the "collect brainshrooms" and "collect fish" quests don't work.

for a 18gb update, they changed very little.

I'm currently downloading this game. Without spoiling the fun bits, are there any bullshit bits about which I should know?

well, not during the first 10 floors, they're pretty straightforward. coen is cake the first time and Jin Die all you gotta do is rush her with a hammer and maybe eating a crushroom and toughshroom to help survive and hasten up the process. don't forget to take enough weapons with you to the bosses, you really don't want to have to fist them at low levels.

after floor 8, you'll get a cutscene and the rest of the game becomes sort of "timed", that means you can't stay in an area for too long, or you'll fight until you fall and rise up to take a stand.

after floor 11, welcome to machetetown. you better learn how to counter them quick.

another thing, save as many death metals as you can, you need them more to expand your storage than you do to revive.

some guy with dual golden pork choppers just hit me over 14000 damage in a single hit. i survived thanks to the lifeshroom effect which i always have on, but since he hit me 14000 with a poison weapon, i got an almost 350-per tic-strong poison, and i died trying to run away to heal myself.

protip: dont fuck with haters, play safe. kill them quick.

oh and another tip i just remembered, this is something i didn't learn until floor 21 that could have greatly helped me before.

from floor 11 and onwards, you can find Pillbugs, they seem to be indestructible because they never die by getting stomped on, they either curl up or get stunned, and get back up on a second stomp. the way to kill them is to stomp them once from the right direction (getting them properly stunned), and then attack them like a regular enemy, shoot them with a gun, or properly position yourself and use the fist R1 (it reaches the ground), or simply use the dagger "ground stab" move (having a dagger equipped, press X on a downed enemy).

dead pillbugs give Lifeshrooms, its a shroom whose effect lasts 24 hours, and what it does is, whenever your HP reaches 0, it recovers 25% of your HP (50% if you grilled it before eating). its basically an instant revival, mind you, it wont save you from a combo, if you die in the second hit of a combo, the shroom revives you, and the enemy continues his combo, you might die in the 3rd or 4th hit anyway.

anyone else think the comics are pretty good? wish we had full resolution scans of the pages

spoilers for anybody who hasn't collected the pages yet

all 4 of them, Max, Jackson, Crowley, and Taro, mysteriously "lost" their heads and then appeared as the dons of the tower of barbs.

the comics hint very clearly (specially crowley's) that the heads weren't lost by accident, but were most likely collected by you know who.

I'm kind of conflicted about the game but the only time you roll in the wrong direction is when using the crappy lock on. You generally have to fight without lock-on, maybe only engaging it right before you attack.

(checked)
Freemium shit is cancer 100% of the time, even when its cancer
At least they didnt pull a warframe and had people buy the game before they made it f2p

only use lock-on when your weapon is a straight-stab type of thing or a gun

t. you

give it a try, they actually did it right this time.

Explain. Skeletons don't have internals of anything.

he's not just any old skeleton, he's death itself.

also he has actual eyes behind the whacky meme glasses you see them in the ending

So what's the formula for determining how armour's defence value works? I'm wanting to get the Steel Soldier Mask for that tasty HP bonus, and apparently the set has a higher than average defence value, however it also has -5% defense to slash and crush, whereas the Trucker set has lower defence but +5% slash which seems handy since Machetes are used by everyone and after that I'm assuming Swords become common on floors 20-30. Or to shorten the question, is it worth taking Armour's % resistances into consideration or should I just aim for high defence? I'm aware the Priest/Shogun sets have high slash and defence but I can't be biffed farming more metal at the moment as I'm already trying to collect Green Candle Wolf for the sword.

Also, what does Vitality actually do? I was under the impression it improves defence but there seems to be no difference in base defence or defence with armour on any of my characters regardless of their Vit.

To complete the floor to floor ones you need to kill the hater on the destination floor too it seems. I thought it was still broken when I tried the two Ikegara to Imokawa-Cho ones but they both popped when I killed the hater on that floor.

really now? i'll give them a try again doing that.

still, thats some bullshit, how was anybody supposed to figure that one out?

holy shit thanks uncle death!

okay so i figured it out.

no, you don't have to kill the hater specifically, you have to kill all enemies in every area INCLUDING the target area.

for example, if it says climb from ikegara to kami ikedoi, you need to kill every last enemy in ikegara, wanoki, and kami-ikedoi. when you kill the last enemy in kami-ikedoi the quest will mark as complete.

i cant believe i didnt realize this shit sooner. i literally beat the game all the way to Chojo and didn't realize this one basic thing.

A physical edition is coming. I hope it has an English language option.

play-asia.com/let-it-die-uncle-prime-edition/13/70assv

for what purpose?

this

for what reason?

so you're paying 63 dollars for some cosmetics/death metals? isn't that the same as buying them in the PSN store? it doesn't change the fact that the game is great, im just failing to understand why buy something that is officially free.

I haven't seen any math nerds figure out how defense works, but in general it feels like high defense is always better than good resistances. Since most armor has similar defense (with a couple exceptions) it's best to prioritize gear that requires easy to farm metals, like most CW or WE gear.

what do you need to figure out? armor defense and durability are the same thing. more defense = less damage, but the more times you get damaged, the less durability, and hence less defense.
same for weapons, except that replace defense with attack and "getting hit" with "hitting"

the resistance % on the armor means that you resist more or less, with a +%, you take less damage from that type, with a -%, you take more damage from that type.

its not really that important, what really matters is the defense number, but i suppose wearing armor with -% in Poison, and having poison eater decal, makes poison heal you slightly more in each tic

Found a list of stuff on amiami. It' s around 50 bucks but playasia is price-gouging right now.

-The Physical game and disc
-Death metal x100
-Express pass for 1 month x2
-Premium decal
-Jungle machete x1
-Antipersonnel pick x1
-Thief crossbow x1

whats the Antipersonnel pick?

other than that, it sounds like a bunch of random stuff that you could just find in-game.

if it lets me play offline and gives me free online without PS+ I will definitely buy. otherwise no

its an always online game, you cannot play offline.

time to buy a ps4 /r/masterrace :^)

finally made the Kazuhira "pull the trigger to kill every nigger" Miller hat

Does Dexterity influence Melee weapon damage, or is it purely influenced by strength? I assumed Str is Melee and Dex is Ranged but I just got a Blueprint for a Cleaver Saber which has a Dexterity requirement, so I'm now kind of unsure. This weapon also seems ridiculously OP because it's base damage is huge and if I'm not mistaken electrical damage stuns you for a few seconds.

to be honest im not sure, but i think anything that is melee is influenced by strength, and anything that shoots something is influenced by dexterity. Requirements don't really indicate a relationship between the weapon damage and which stats enhances it

vitality i think is supposed to be resistance to damage, but i dont really see it mattering much, when you have no armor, you get killed pretty easily by anything at high level.

stamina is how much you can attack/run/dodge. the more stamina the harder it is to get your heart beating hard, and hence the more you can do things without going into cardiac arrest.

LUK has something to do with killcoin droprate. its almost insignificant unless you cap it and even then its not a huge diff.

and HP is HP, its the most straightforward of all stats.

over all, stats are more of a "requirement" to wield better gear than something you should pay heavy attention to.

Alright good to know, just managed to get the Steel Soldier helmet and I was wary of the -Dex.

also reminder to contribute to their retweet campaign for free death metals and golden beasts.

nah

the team behind this game seem like a bunch of cool guys

why didn't i know about this amazing man before

Did you fuck him?

Feels awful man

So is the game actually good?
I like No more heroes but I am getting a bit sick of dark souls type games.

how can you get tired of action adventure RPGs? its like the perfect genre of gaming senpai

What the fuck is it with free to play games being gigantic in file size? What business does this game have being 50gb?

TEXTURES

They are slow (comparatively) and sometimes want something faster.

then go play some sonic man. personally i can't get enough of this kind of game. i cant wait for nier and nioh and kh3

1 kilogorillion textures & poorly compressed music.

remember FFXIII being 60 GB on PC? something like that.

But the game doesnt look that good

I've been enjoying it, but at floor 19 now and it's starting to feel a little stale.

Do thinks change up much after floor 20 or is it more of the same?

each area has its own set of equipments, so every 10 floors you'll find stronger enemies with new gear.

Not yet

Fuck

With Japan taking so long to get the game locally, I assumed they were censoring it. But it looks like I was probably wrong.

LID's combat is a million times better than NMH's.
Suda's obviously got more talented people holding his hand this time.

I'm fuckin sold, give me the game, GIVE IT TO ME GODDAMMIT YOU FUCKIN SLANK EYED YELLOW SONNUVABITCHES

Th..thanks.

Also how fucking hard is it to get the priest set Blueprints? I got the legs ages ago but I spent most the day fucking around in F11-20 and even found Gyaku-Funsha a few times but can't find the head or chestpiece.

Is this a fucking moonman, or it just looks like it?

The priest set in the game has that helmet. You could probably make a Moonman look with it and some other in-game armour pieces.

Let it Fashion when?

Knight Helmet is actually pretty good stat wise. it has the biggest STR bonus in the game, at least from what i've seen so far.

whooping 12% strength

i have the full set of blueprints. the helmet looks gay as shit though, like it totally doesn't belong to the Priest Set and instead belongs to some other gay "joke" armor set.

if you want some holier than thou shit, i suggest Paladin set, or Knight set

well, its not like meme souls in this aspect. if you're gonna wear armor, it has to be good statwise, or you're going to get fucking rekt.

now, armor in LID has the particularity that it can all be potentially good, but it needs to be R&D'd first, even those shitty sets like DIY attack gear, texas farmer and trucker can have incredible stats if upgraded enough times. but yeah, you gotta run those gold chests and bosses over and over for mats.

So there IS a moonman mask and that jewrman who machete'd me wasn't a hallucination.

its more of a "chameleon" mask.

Good post

we need more meems of this game

Someone should draw the jackal with the gun saying "teleports behind you", "1 shot 1 kill" and "le french is le cool" or something like that

PSSHT, ALL BARK AND NO BITE, KID'

who else would fuck the mushroom magistrate?

momoka is hot

She's too crazy for me.

gay

letitdiethegame.com/news.html#/774/scheduled-maintenance:-2/1/2017-01:00-–-02:00-(pst)

i've got a bad feeling about this

who is the voice actor for Uncle Death? it intrigues me

Donna burke did the female voice of the radio, uncle was made by that faggot from the dudesons, there really isn't any.

i wonder which of the female voice actors did AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Shit, please don't fuck it up.

possible total game fuck-up in 48 hours.

all we can do is wait and see… maybe the kill coin price change will benefit players (ie: lowering elevator and invasion cost, or adjusting it proportionately for higher floors) or it will ENGAGE FULL P2W MODE (ie: raising the prices of fighter retrieval sky fucking high, as if they weren't already sky high, in order to force players into microtransaction metals).

im pretty fucking pessimistic about these things, but lets have hope for once and see what happens. they have been really cool these two months, here's hoping they will keep being cool.

has anyone found the blueprint of the Bowling Stomper? i cant find it whatsoever. i keep getting pork chopper

so has anyone noticed yet what changed in the maintenance?

i haven't noticed any kill coin cost changes. made one of the free rank 1 fighters and suicided it at several different floors, but the retrieval costs seem to be exactly the same as before.

Decals still cost the same money as before, and i haven't particularly noticed any weapons and armors being more expensive. buying fighters still costs the same (rank 3's are 10k, rank 4s are 25k, rank 5s are 50k, etc.)
Elevator rides still cost the same as before, so does invading TDM rides.
DM exchange still gives 5000 coins for 1 DM.

i cant remember anything else related to killcoins, whatever change they made to KC costs was minimal.

crisis averted, game is still gud

Is the TDM reward bonus still the same?

not sure, im a silver, let me invade some noob and check

yep, its still 2000 for silver and i guess 800 for bronzes

i noticed a price change now.

you know that machine that shits out Barbmeat and Solo shelters? well, the prices there have been reduced.

the Pickled Mushroom potion is still 120k, but the solo shelter, barbmeat (full) and barbmeat (half) got like a 7% reduction in price

Rescue and capture should really be limited to their respective rank, otherwise it becomes impossible to defend captured fighters or recover your own as soon as higher ranks come into the mix.

just beat my first jackal, holy shit they're tanky as fuck.

they got like 50k HP and more defense than you can imagine. spent all of my shrooms to beat them the cheesy way.

dont worry about captured fighters. when you capture a fighter you appear in the list for EVERY PLAYER IN THE GAME to invade you. someone will rescue yours.

I know this, also rescue missions only appear to people in your team, not every player in the game. So if you're in a small team you can be stuffed, although the guy is only 4th star so there should be enough people in my team to save them. It's still annoying though as captured fighters lose all their gear and decals.

ok so, i killed 2 jackals actually, the bitch and the suit guy.

bitch dropped her skirt. suit guy dropped NOTHING, the fucking asshole, after all the times he made me waste coins retrieving…

anyhow, this skirt is a 3 star item, lacks an item "family" (its not DOD, War, CW, or MILK) and has very bad defense in comparison, 880 at full durability (for which you will need a Fun Fungus) its "high" but nothing that you can't overdo yourself with the right upgrades. overall it was a waste of time. i guess at least i completed the quest that needs you to kill 1 jackal.

that's why i don't even bother with defense. just farm the necessary resources whenever you need them and spend them on the spot. try to keep your gold and lithium below 10k whenever you log out. so that people won't feel the need to go fuck your base.

i mean i can understand equipment being lost, because when a character dies all of the gear breaks instantaneously, thats acceptable, nobody puts gear on the defense characters that isn't bought at hitler, so any lost gear, you can rebuy. but the decals? fuck no. some of those cost a ton of skillshrooms. only way to keep your decals is if they're premium, but getting good premium decals is hard and costly.