/ogc/ - Racing Vidya Thread - Yet Another Twingo Edition

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/autogamescoalition
Wiki: ogc.wikia.com/wiki/OGC_Wikia

Mumble:

Our Uplay spreadsheet (Currently for The Crew):
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSepEGcLRmODiyFZwWpDDB6rdMHaAm-TMjlsbEOpAOzDA_kMTA/viewform
To add others, check here;
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ibxzGQ8J0LWpYXcmn0cXHoLos4d50SXSBBm6OCbwsfA/edit

Our Forza Horizon 3 club:
Our Xbox live club:

Other urls found in this thread:

wat-ovg.liveracers.info/Live/?server=WAT: WTCC
forceracing.forumcommunity.net/?t=47558107
discord.gg/jhW5bKB
mega.nz/#!WtxWxJhT!Pvlnd1FWKSsZFOqjM7RW52nAnAGpWpFZk-HHkbPD7S0
mega.nz/#!j9A0QD6L!GFCP8ql3-hK8uKgSLEiNpAdAzOPmNXdnTTF_jyGO2AU
store.steampowered.com/app/359800/?l=portuguese
trippteamdownload.servegame.com:100/RFACTOR1/CARS/A-F/ACVRA Cup for rFactor.7z
store.steampowered.com/app/421020/
thesixthaxis.com/2017/01/27/asking-dirt-4s-paul-coleman-one-really-weird-question-and-lots-of-normal-ones/
cliqist.com/2016/08/23/90s-arcade-racers-bizarre-journey/
theisozone.com/downloads/pc/windows-games/rally-championship-2000-rip/
archive.org/details/Games_Machine_CD-ROM_Excessive_Speed_1998
theisozone.com/downloads/pc/windows-games/ultimate-race-pro/
mediafire.com/file/zgflms9oz3hbi32/Knockhill07 v2_00 by motorfx.rar
trippteam.servegame.com:100/RFACTOR1/TRACKS/G-L/Ledenon_2008_V1.0_rFactor.zip
trippteam.servegame.com:100/RFACTOR1/TRACKS/M-R/Rouen_les_Essarts_v1.01.7z
trippteam.servegame.com:100/RFACTOR1/TRACKS/Tracks created by Sissou/FRANCAIS/RF-France-Bresse-v3.0.rar
trippteam.servegame.com:100/RFACTOR1/TRACKS/Tracks created by Sissou/FRANCAIS/
store.steampowered.com/app/505120
ebay.com/itm/282335081158
trippteamdownload.servegame.com:100/RFACTOR1/
humblebundle.com/bandai-namco-bundle
youtu.be/qVghCmlhZbE?t=554
ebay.com/itm/272541644118
solidlystated.com/software/test-drive-unlimited-2-controller-configuration-options/
racedepartment.com/threads/gtr-3-by-simbin-coming-in-2018.131230/
kylotonngames.com/pages/games.php
community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,9445.0.html?PHPSESSID=465b50ad4839ace8774d596820a1c193
twitter.com/bugbeargames/status/827185896290127873
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Does drybones still maintain that shit?

I swear you post that shitty meme car once again I will fuck your mum in the ass

FIRST THIRD FOR THICC

lol

That spoiler looks ridiculous, I love it.

I was playing through (what I thought) was the best moments for the NFS series:
Underground
Underground 2
and Most Wanted

I just started at Underground and I have to say that I remember it being better. The AI feels too rubberband-ish and traffic feels way too random, to the point where it starts to get really annoying.
Still, as a start, it feels kind of ok and they took steps in the right direction, with customization and all of that.

user, please.

Thanks

What's Arn Anderson doing holding a Twingo? Any news on what's coming up for next month in terms of releases?

In case this saturday the VTCC race doesn't happen, I've set a WTCC server.

The mod is Race X, which is the Race 07 wtcc cars directly ported into rFactor. There are no difference in the driving of the cars, since both Race 07 and rFactor use the same engine.

The track will be oulton park. It's tricky with the bumps, but it's fun too once you get the hang of it. ABS and TCS are available too if you're not feeling confident.

The qualifying will start at 21:00 gmt, which is one hour after the VTCC event, so if it happens, you can attend this one too if you want, since it will be probably over by 20:45. It will be standing start, quali is 3 timed laps in a 10 minute time frame, race distance is 15 mins and the top 10 finishers from R1 are reversed. If less than 10 people show up(which is not unlikely), it will be just an old fashioned complete reverse grid.

Server (will be always up)

wat-ovg.liveracers.info/Live/?server=WAT: WTCC

Mod. Make sure to grab the 1.25 patch too

forceracing.forumcommunity.net/?t=47558107

New version of oulton park

trippteamdownload.servegame.com:100/RFACTOR1/TRACKS/M-R/Oulton_park.rar

If you have a VTCC install already, there is no need to make a fresh install, since the game doesn't include new UIs, music and all the extra stuff. Just drop the gamedata folder in your existing install and you are ready. Just make sure to exit the game once after you've loaded the mod and re open it so you won't have the VTCC ui.

Why is there a Multiple Seat Golf GTIs against a BMW M3

Drybones left for the military one day out of nowhere so it's owned by who knows. The only people who use it often are either the Warfarm or Splatoon threads.

We have a Discord though where ~90% of the guys have migrated to: discord.gg/jhW5bKB

Only the wtcc cars are on the server

Just Seems weird that a M3 and a Golf GTI is in the same championship that's just

figures

They are cars that came with race 07, and the dude who converted the game decided to add them to the cars.

I'm gonna guess that by the golf looking car you mean the seat Leon, and the racecar BMWs are 320s.

That's WTCC for you.

Holy shit, I had no idea how plebbit Holla Forums has become.

Page 0 browsing kids always give me a good chuckle. For everyone's sake, never learn to use the catalog.

Nothing. We're completely bone dry till June when DIRT 4 and MXGP 3 comes out outside of indie garbage dropping. Between now and then, probably just the second Forza Horizon 3 expansion to look forward to.

Speaking of, have T10/Playground Game said anything at all about the second expansion? I can't imagine it topping the first. Snow was a pretty big addition and unless they add some crazy mud physics, the second one's gonna be underwhelming.

Nothing yet. People keep thinking Porsche but that would be a hell of a way to piss people off since they did a Porsche expansion in FM6 with the whole "History of Porsche" career mode. Porsche would probably be it's own pack like FH2 was. It's something else, but god knows because MS has their shit locked down these days.

Also they did crazy mud in the Rainforrest and Yarra Valley area on the offroad focused tracks. Do some Rally class events around those tracks with wet conditions and cars get muddy as fuck along with trails lasting through the race and skids. It's Pretty fun.

If I had to bet, though, New Zealand might be the next expansion cause the scenery change would be amazing and it would also be a good Rally-ish destination. I'd imagine that's where we're going to see the Yaris WRC make its debut.

The mud is OK in those areas, but I was thinking something closer to what they did with snow. Like deformable mud and possibly getting cars stuck.

The random guys saging what the fuck is up with them, is it the same faggot samefagging or did the newfags in need of fitting in have a field day?

Latter. Basically page zero faggots who never noticed the threads before because they rarely get bumped.

Actually, it seems that an old and obscure Argentinian racing game going by the name of Turismo Carretera has a C06 Twingo Cup model. Since it's based on rFactor, porting it to the base game should be trivial.

But the model seems very low quality and the game is nigh impossible to find. Perhaps an argentinian with access to local download websites could find a copy lying around but I highly doubt it.

It's literally Rfactor with a different UI

Polite sage for doublepost
If someone with a less shitty connection wants to try to download it I found these Mega links, the game split in 2 parts
mega.nz/#!WtxWxJhT!Pvlnd1FWKSsZFOqjM7RW52nAnAGpWpFZk-HHkbPD7S0
mega.nz/#!j9A0QD6L!GFCP8ql3-hK8uKgSLEiNpAdAzOPmNXdnTTF_jyGO2AU

There's a brazillian version aswell and it's also just rfactor but with brazillian race tracks. I don't know the legality behind those "games".
store.steampowered.com/app/359800/?l=portuguese

If they legally got the license to use the rFactor engine and all the needed car licenses (or if they do something similar to them without falling in copyright territory) they are fine

Oh. It's also completely free as in free beer but i don't know if it's compatible with regular rfactor mods, could be a way to get the game for nothing.

I found those links after a bit of google translating, I'm downloading it right now.

AFAIK this one is closer to GSC, which is made by a different dev.

Most likely locked, like all the free ISI games not 1:1 albeit you can probably find a way. BMW M3 Challenge got mods.

I'm having an issue with my rfactor, when i open it it just shows the rfactor splash and then instantly closes. What's going on?

You probably installed conflicting mods, wipe everything and start using separate installs

That's the issue i only installed the stuff from this user's post at

If you just copy and pasted the gamedata folder it should be fine. What it should normally do is load the Race X cars and the vtcc ui. Then after you close and reopen the game, the Race X ui should load too.

Run with trace=3 and check the log

Good news, the Twingo lookalike is inside the archive I found.
Bad news, the model is shit and the interior isn't very Twingo-y.

TRACE LEVEL = 3
NetComm.cpp 11193: NetComm checking command line: "-trace=3"
game.cpp 1211: Entered Game::Enter()
osman.cpp 540: Entered OSMan::Enter()
plrfile.cpp 2314: Entered PlayerFile::Enter()
vidman.cpp 1229: Entered VidMan::Enter()

I can't make sense of anything in the log
Here's a capture of what happens when i try to open rfactor. The black screen in the video is just me accepting the "run as an admin prompt" , obs didn't catch that for whatever reason.

How easy do you think is to port to Rfactor?

Wait a second, i did it again and the log changed

TRACE LEVEL = 3
NetComm.cpp 11193: NetComm checking command line: "-trace=3"
game.cpp 1211: Entered Game::Enter()
osman.cpp 540: Entered OSMan::Enter()
plrfile.cpp 2314: Entered PlayerFile::Enter()
setup.cpp 3112: Could not find any scene files. Possible problems:
setup.cpp 3113: 1) Incorrect season or tracks directory specified in config.ini
setup.cpp 3114: 2) We do not have read permission for those directories
setup.cpp 3115: 3) There are no scene files!
setup.cpp 3174: Number of SCN files found was 0, but those passing RFM filter were 0
game.cpp 1167: No scene files found
game.cpp 1826: Entered Game::Exit()
sound.cpp 846: Entered Sound::Exit()
specialfx.cp 4529: Entered SpecialFX::Exit()
hwinput.cpp 8128: Entered HWInput::Exit()
dynman.cpp 1849: Entered DynMan::Exit()
onscreen.cpp 1964: Entered OnScreen::Exit()
vidman.cpp 2092: Entered VidMan::Exit()
osman.cpp 583: Entered OSMan::Exit()

Managed to fix it on my own, apparently i had 2 different issues. One was the tracks folder itself and another was the game not working without compatibility mode.

Twingo Cup progress update: car loads inside rFactor Ultralite v1.255. Not visible inside the menus, which probably means no showroom model, but it's encouraging.

Update 2: actually been ported already as ACVRA Cup, available on trippteam
trippteamdownload.servegame.com:100/RFACTOR1/CARS/A-F/ACVRA Cup for rFactor.7z

This closes the almost-Twingo cup availability chapter

But is there a mod that makes the horn of the thing a "hon hon" ?

Are there any street racing games with bikes?

midnight club 3 i fink

The Crew
GTA Liberty City Stories (you can do street racing sidemissions and some of them have baikus)
Modded need for speed.
That's just about it really, what drives most developers to make a game are the hordes of normalfags that they think will buy it and we only really have street racing games because of the fast and furious and need for speed underground.

Well, they did made other games.

And there is that DLC

Twingo cup albeit shitty
forever ever

TDU

How do you setup the wheel and ffb in Rfactor? I tried it multiple times and it never felt right.

Always run low FFB, like below 30%.
If it's a Logitech wheel, you'll most likely have to use a negative value.

I have a G27 and I'm playing at -25%.

Burnout paradise has bikes.
They suck.

store.steampowered.com/app/421020/
So basically what Gran Turismo 5 did? Not sure how to feel, though the "longer, more technical routes" part has me at least a little interested. My main complaint with Dirt 3 was that the tracks were incredibly short.

I am interested in it too, but I hope it will be more than just lenght and difficulty sliders, also the terrain type and its distribution, the road size/bumpiness and so on (there was an old win9x rally game that had a lot of options on that regard). Also online races on courses generated on the spot, no time to learn them means only the most skilled driver makes it

Well fuck me, there's already footage of gameplay. It looks alright.

Looks like doing nothing new is new nowadays, wew.
Hopefully it's good though.

I wish this meme would just end already.

I kinda liked the bikes in Paradise, too mad you can't actually race with them.

GTAV, kinda,. if you're into that sort of stuff

How fun/good are the midnight club games?

so no dirt rally 2? that looks arcady as fuck. they are going to have buggies and trucks in it too. doubt they are going to polish rallying very much when they have to focus on all those different events.

Yeah, definitely looks more arcadey. Though these settings are interesting. I wonder what "time control breaking strength" is.

I guess its how hard your breaks break when you get to a time control stop.

Any love for Waverunner? I had an absolute blast with this one when I was a lad, SEGA really knew what they were doing back then. Here's hoping for PC ports of their more memorable racing games, I'd love to play SCUD or Daytona 2 with you guys.

OK GOOD NEWS, after checking the steam forum somebody pulled a quote from kikebook so i went to check. Turns out we get two handling models and one is sim like Dirt Rally.

Do you like arcade games?
The racing is on an open world environment, so, the more you understand the city, the better you can race on it.
MC3 Remix had four cities to play. Three main cities and Tokyo as a bonus.
The customization is very simple, more focused on how you vehicle looks, but it's fun to play around. And have local multiplayer.
To me, it was one of the best arcade experiences of that generation. It was a huge shame that MC 3 Dub Remix was never released for PCs, but I will try to emulate it to see how it looks.

look past the god awful first set of questions and this is a pretty good interview.

thesixthaxis.com/2017/01/27/asking-dirt-4s-paul-coleman-one-really-weird-question-and-lots-of-normal-ones/

18.4 QUINTILLION TRACKS

That's what I understood from the get go, and while it's a good idea, I wonder how the balance will be

dat eurobeat shit b fo down low whyt mufuckas aint nobody ax fo whack "euro" sheit mufucka

A dev stated in an interview that you can change the handling from arcadey to sim, with sim being an upgraded dirt rally model.

What ever happened to that 90's Arcade Racer game?

cliqist.com/2016/08/23/90s-arcade-racers-bizarre-journey/

tl:dr it's now an xbone & ps4 exclusive and nicalis is sitting on the game because they can

Developers gotta learn to stay away from Nicalis. You figure they would learn after what they did to the La-Mulana devs and what they're currently doing to the Yatagarasu devs.

Oh well, I only had a mild interest in the game.

yeah people are so retarded it's not even funny. there is going to be a handful of "stock" turns, straight aways and hairpins that will be interchangeable.

it's not so much the handling i'm worried about but the road width. the few courses shown so far are pretty wide and driving on the shoulders didn't really do anything to the car. what fun is driving a rally when you got 2-3 car widths of room to work with.

So is there a VTCC this weekend, or only WTCC? Also, that first fucking chicane at Oulton Park is going to cause mayhem.

VTCC at 2000 UTC (most likely) and WTCC an hour after if so I recall

Is VTCC at Tsukuba?

Yes, it's still the Tsukuba track

Thanks.

Come the fuck on, the least those lazy fucks could have imported the already existing Dirt Rally stages. I miss the golden age of rally games.

2 of those locations are the same as Dirt Rally: Sweden and Wales. Dont know if they're the same stages, however.

VTCC is still pending confirmation.

Also we're now doing the Oulton Park with only the second chicane.

Thank christ, that was fucking my shit up big time. Discord has died on me and won't let me re-install

Prepare for there only being 2 stages per location as well

50 BILLION TRILLION STAGES.
Also looking at some footage on youtube, the longest track possible through the random generator is roughly 8 miles long.

1:48.7 is pretty bad, isn't it?

How do you drop the first chicane without it invalidating your lap times?

I've been playing Forza Horizon 2 on the 360, and I don't feel like I "get" it. It feels empty and there's little to do outside of career. I know it wasn't developed by the original studio, but FH2 can't be that much more different on the Xbone, is it?

Also FH3 doesn't look too different from either.

It's a racing game, you do races. Here's a comparison of the 360 and bone versions of Horizon 2 though.

Well the Bone version is certainly prettier. Maybe when I've exhausted my backlog I'll get Horizon 3.

Midnight Club 1 & 2 and alright, but 3 is where the series highlights. Very fun and intense, and the bikes are good too.

Does midnight club 3 run well on emulators?

Yeah, it runs fine. No issues for me. I use the PS2 emulator, but if I didn't already have that I'd use the Xbox emulator for improved graphical fidelity.

By playing a version without the chicane. See the one currently on the WAT: WTCC server.

Sounds like we'll only get short to medium stages in this game as well.
Are they really just a bunch of lazy hacks over at codemasters?

What's the pw to join the server?

4ch

Make sure you downloaded the new track pack
trippteamdownload.servegame.com:100/RFACTOR1/TRACKS/M-R/Oulton_park.rar

Thanks m8.

It would help if there was an Xbox emulator that got beyond a few games in game.

MC3 is a pain in the ass in general, though as as the original Xbox huge version had more stable FPS especially in DUB Edition, but more importantly, significantly better draw distance and way less pop in (Which was a huge problem on the PS2 version). It had a few other perks (Way, way better lighting).

Great game wherever you played it. Just would rather have the ultimate version though.

Found some old boxes full of jewel cases, it's a shame my tower doesn't have a DVD drive.

How did the new update fuck up The Crew? Can I still go for comfy cruises?

You should get an external drive and iso them, they seem rather obscure

I reckon you can find the games online anyway:
- Spanish version of Rally Championship 2000? Probably the best of the bunch because RC2k is just good.
theisozone.com/downloads/pc/windows-games/rally-championship-2000-rip/

- Excessive Speed. Doesn't look very interesting, top-down 2D racer, looks like a flash game.
archive.org/details/Games_Machine_CD-ROM_Excessive_Speed_1998

- Ultimate Race Pro. Second most interesting albeit looks generic as all fuck
theisozone.com/downloads/pc/windows-games/ultimate-race-pro/

Not necessarily game related, but can we all agree rallying is the ultimate form of racing?

Yes, but what form of rallying?

post more group b

And that's pretty much all I've got.

DVD drives cost a few dollars new m8 or you could just take one from an old junker.

Reminds me of my retarded parents. They had tens of CD/DVD drives so one day they decide to throw all away, and now they got some shitty preassembled PC that comes without one and they want me to buy and install at least 3 of them because my father wants to backup his music CDs.

solid detective work

How about take 3 from an old junker.
Let me know where I can get an IDE to SATA adapter.

Ebay.

Damn son that's the fancy stuff.

IDE to SATA probably won't work, you'll need a PCI (or perhaps USB) interface. Make sure it supports ATAPI otherwise your drive probably won't work (this bit me hard when I thought a HDD case would work).

I didn't get to see the replies to my question a few weeks ago.
Gran Turismo 4. How do I unlock Extreme events? Says "complete all beginner/professional events with a win or whatever" which I did, every race is a 1st place finish.
WHAT DO I DO? Its nothing with the Mission races, special condition event races, japanese event, american event, european event, specific car company race or anything.

Yea, its called Hang On! On the Sega Saturn, very fun game back in the day. Or it was called Hang On Tight!

WTCC quali in a minuite

i dont know much about car combat games but this looks not so bad

WTCC was fun today.

Might me a technical limitation. 8 miles is pretty damn long when you think about raw map size.

It's like Interstate 76 and Cel Damage had a baby that became a SJW synthwave hipster. Gameplay looks fine, maybe a bit simplistic for some. Hey it's better then the FUCKINGNOTHING that's currently planned. There better be a fucking poetry button
Take that as you will.

It was good indeed, good battles, pretty comfy cinematic night time setup.
A bit painful on the eyes at times because no high beams and no track lightning but good.

would do it again/10

The night racing was pretty good, and I wouldn't mind doing it again if we got to practice and qualy at night as well to get used to things.

Would really prefer it if the cars had high beams or the track was somewhat lit up.

that's my car irl

Agreed. I don't know if high beams would distract from behind, but track lighting would be good.

good taste man

What's the best racing wheel to get? Would like a clutch and gear stick. Needs to work with PC, PS4 optional.

anybody play maximum tune 5 dx here?
done with basic tune on my dodge charger, i dont know what am i supposed to focus on grinding to enjoy hakone track

Thrustmaster T500RS + TH8A

WTCC 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO
This Sunday evening
2100 UTC (perhaps 2000 UTC, to be confirmed)
Knockhill:
mediafire.com/file/zgflms9oz3hbi32/Knockhill07 v2_00 by motorfx.rar
LiveRacers: wat-ovg.liveracers.info/Live/?server=WAT: WTCC (pass: 4ch)

Here's WRC Monte Carlo for you fagets.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:77EDE34C6D13D0588E42661FC99315CA6FA6707A&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fbt2.t-ru.org%2Fann%3Fmagnet&dn=WRC.%202017.%201%2F13.%20Rallye%20Monte-Carlo.%20%D0%9E%D0%B1%D0%B7%D0%BE%D1%80%20(Feed)%20%5BHDTVRip-AVC%20720p%2050fps%2C%20ENG%2FFRA%2FINT%5D

Now that we have our meme fake twingos league, we need a good meme track to race them on

An old/obscure French track.

Examples:
Lédenon:
- trippteam.servegame.com:100/RFACTOR1/TRACKS/G-L/Ledenon_2008_V1.0_rFactor.zip
Bumpy and shit, frequently used for testing, quite tricky.

- Rouen:
trippteam.servegame.com:100/RFACTOR1/TRACKS/M-R/Rouen_les_Essarts_v1.01.7z
Historical as well, I've driven it in Test Drive Ferrari Racing Legends and it was pretty good. Perhaps a bit fast with some long straights, but the first sector has a nice hairpin on cobblestone.

- Bresse:
trippteam.servegame.com:100/RFACTOR1/TRACKS/Tracks created by Sissou/FRANCAIS/RF-France-Bresse-v3.0.rar
Technical, looks pretty interesting, but perhaps a bit long for memes.

A lot more around here:
trippteam.servegame.com:100/RFACTOR1/TRACKS/Tracks created by Sissou/FRANCAIS/
and all over trippteam

Is this Loss

WTCC quali in 1 minute

good races bois

new version of Valentino Rossi: The Game, except with only MotoGPs.

interesting
store.steampowered.com/app/505120

I was impressed by the clean start

I didn't even know there was another day of racing ;_;

Indeed, apart from Benis fucking up in the last corner the first lap went without incident.

ebay.com/itm/282335081158

He's not the only one with deluded opinions about his stuff's worth, but at least the wheel looks pretty much flawless.
Saw an ebay listing with a G27 being sold around 200 bucks, with a rim that sorta looks like it had been used for 2 thousand hours with that sort of grainy, used, low quality appearance.

Impressive, /ogc/ drives better than chinese women now.

The g27 is listed for 800 on Amazon. I really hope there are no idiots actually paying that.

/ogc/ what's the best DFGT setting for TDU 2 with CTR physic mod. i don't know the game just handles wrong, the FFB just awful and the control is so sluggish ican't even make a fucking turn right.

Honestly some of it may just come down to TDU2 itself. Try to play with the sensitivity sliders to make it a bit more lively, or see if the mod comes with recommended/default settings you should apply.

live

Are there any racing games for PC that are like Gran Turismo was.

NFS Shift series, kind of…

Hey user from the previous thread (or the one before, I'm not sure) who tried getting ffb to work with Outrun 2006, did you manage it? How did you set it up? How much wheel rotation are you using?

Yes, I finally did. I needed to make my system locale US instead of JP and the Outrun 2006 FXT thing worked. It's a little buggy and sometimes will loop an effect and won't stop until I close the game though (using the G29, haven't noticed that with the T150). I set my T150 to 270 degrees. Make sure you have the right dlls for the specific directx version the FXT launcher needs and run the FXT setup as admin the first time. Everything should just werk from there.

Gran Turismo inside an emulator
SHIFT 2, to some extent
Street Legal Racing Redline, to some extent

What about games that play like Gran Turismo in general? I can think of Sega GT for the Dreamcast and Enthusia, any similar games?

I'm surprised how many racing games aren't like Gran Turismo.

I guess acquiring the rights for so many cars has its cost

True. I know GT pads out their car lineup in 5 and 6, but I feel like it uses it a lot better than other racing game with the various race requirements you have to go along with.

I am thinking of switching to rFactor and downloading a lot of Dodge and Ferrari shit though, just to see what it's like.

rFactor has an insane amount of mods so you shouldn't be disappointed, but being a sim compared to Gran Turismo's simcade approach making good laps (or clean laps for that matter) is more difficult

I'll take your word for it, although a heavy sim game does sound like a nice break from the norm for me.

When downloading stuff we usually look in the Trippteam repository:
trippteamdownload.servegame.com:100/RFACTOR1/
All the stuff here can be downloaded with no problems, websites like rF central or similar have broken or dead links more often than not

Now this looks promising, thanks.

Apparently it cost a fucking ton of money for GT but they also had parts like a paid product placement by Honda where you had to buy and drive a Fit.

A lot of companies have copped on that the games can make their cars popular. Pointed out in this thread before but Ford paid Microsoft a shit ton of money to get the GT 2017 on the cover of FM 6, Ford being the main brand represented in the series (The F-150 Raptor is on the FM3 box as well) and gave MS unrstricted access to their car library to the point where there's now more Ford models in the series than Ferrari (And they used to always talk about how they had the most Ferrari's in a racing game). PCARS got the BAC Mono because the creator was an investor in the game and a few companies like Ford, Mercedes and BMW approached them regarding having their models in. Some companies like Mazda and Hyundai do free DLC for Forza as well with the brand new models (The new 2015 Miata was a free download as an advertisement in Horizon 2, I believe).

At the same time, some can be assy about it. DIRT rally team said they wanted the WRC Celica and Corolla but Toyota wanted way too much money for the games budget. And Ferrari always want money because they have the ultimate brand in cars and they can demand any price.

It's really the cost that put a lot of companies off on doing a PC version over the years. You will probably get that sort of game now that Forza 7 will be out on PC at the end of the year, actually.

Whoops. Forgot to add. The intro from the current project CARS 2 build leaked as a "Trailer"

Apparently people playing on WMD it say it looks even better than that now and it looks like it's on track for September 2017.

In any case be aware that rFactor mods don't have any sort of meaningful quality control. Expect most of the mods you'll find to be absolute trash with models that would look bad in a 2003 budget racing game.

And the game has no good career mode as well, no sense of progression.

Dag. Sadly that's all sorta understandable.

Why is this car so adorable?

peppy little eyes and joyful smile

toringo bampu

I'm a fanboy of the megane maxi, it just looks like nothing out there.

Away with you heathen, I'll remain faithful to the twingo!

I'll say, why the fuck do you have more lights than an F-350? Rallying at night?

fuck you nigga the yaris is a better car anyway.

late 90s-early 00s kit cars were the shit

upsetting post

Is Project Cars any good? It's on the current humble bundle for $7.20.

humblebundle.com/bandai-namco-bundle

fight me small child

You'll have to suffer getting AC:AH so no.

twingo is only love, twingo doesn't fight

twingo likes you even when you're obviously wrong

Yes, and you should definitely go for the next tier and get the DLC as well because they really improve the car selection.

Just beware that if your PC is a bit on the slow side the game can be very, very unstable and physics can become deeply retarded. Pic related is an old as fuck build but even in the fully patched versions your car can get launched into the air when the physics go fucky.

That's exactly what they are for. If you're expected to drive at 150km/h trough a forest at night, it helps to see where the fuck you're going.

Eurobeat aside
this videos shows exactly why you need, aux lights to rally at night. Story is, he drove into a hedge lost his lights and had to chase another car so he could see where the fuck he was going.
youtu.be/qVghCmlhZbE?t=554
Use the timest amp to go to the part of the video that matters.

Well shit, man. It makes sense, but that's a fuck load of lights.

I'm sorry, Idk how I missed your post. Do you use any plugins? Could you please post screenshots or just write all your ffb settings (type, effect)? I have g29, which probably isn't to diferent then yours g27. Thanks user.

When will this kikery end?

Here it is, if anyone wants to gamble.
ebay.com/itm/272541644118

I haven't played TDU2 in years so no, can't remember which ones I've had. If it's profiler settings, then I use the default ones.
Most of the FFB tuning happens in the game anyway. Check out this guide to tell if you have used retarded settings:
solidlystated.com/software/test-drive-unlimited-2-controller-configuration-options/
Not sure how it interacts with the mod.

/ogc/ I think I found a solution to the stick

like why didn't I think of this?

You mouve the mouse to simulate the shifter movement? But how do you make sure the movements are correct and they match the position you want it in?

you could have the hud track your mouse input and show it on screen to make up for lack of tactile feel of the shifter movement. obviously it's not the BEST, it has it's obvious cons but if I was to make a racing game, I would have this as an option because people sell wheels+pedals without a stick because of jews

Spintires does that, and it only works because it's a slow game. Movement is imprecise and sluggish. Perhaps it would work in a slow game like ETS2 (albeit the range method works flawlessly, skipping odd gears work extremely well) or if you only want to cruise around in The Crew. For anything even remotely fast it would fall apart.
Especially as if you really want to go fast, you'll drop the shifter and use paddles.

The Logitech shifters are irredeemable pieces of shit built to no quality standard, with shoddy internals that break if you actually use them. If you really want a shifter, buy a TH8A.

this is why we are heads and shoulders above the plebians of this board

also, post black flag

I'm sorry, I was asking for Rfactor not TDU2 :(

Wow I managed to mix the posts I was replying to.

rFactor, I run default Profiler settings and -30% in game. Nothing else.

With RealFeel for the GT3s, but I barely fuck with the settings.

ohh ok, thanks user

Hello James, how's shitbox turnleft going?

what program do you use to make webms?
I tried making a spintires webm but after many attempts to crop out my avatar/username I just gave up on using webm for retards' cropping ability, here's my last test webm after 5 or 6 re-encodes trying to fix it.

some context this is what it would look like if the crop worked like I wanted it to.

WebM for Retards, cropping works. Update the software if you haven't already.

Also, don't be an uber pussy and post with your steam username :^)

No one will judge you for having a Senna avatar

shhh

Get Xmedia Recode. It's only a little bit more complex to use than Webm for retards but worlds better, plus it also is useful to convert between lots of other formats

also this, tbh non one gives a crap, do you expect people to setup for an ebin raid on your account or something?

I'm already fine with the updated version of webm for retards im using now.

It's a personal thing I like coming here and just being one of the rest, I don't want my name attached. If I wanna talk to people with my identity attached I'll use steam or something else.

The fuck?

xmedia recode is gay too

kek i don't mine the sound of the car but no pace notes is too much

This is what happens when you mix simracing, high functioning autism and schizophrenic pride into one bowl of absolute madness.

I can't live without pace notes. Or driving lines…

The sound icon on this tab that shows it's playing something goes crazy when watching this. It also hurts my ears.

I use OBS to make a lossless video/audio recording and ffmpeg's commandline to reencode and do some basic video editing.

Is Ridge Racer V any good?

It's the last "grip" centric Ridge Racers (in that you can navigate corners without drifting), the music is good, the graphics hold up, maybe a bit content light comparatively to other titles but still more then enough to do. Doesn't emulate well sadly.

I noticed that it handled a bit differently from what I remember Ridge Racer to handle

I noticed that as well, seems to run with little to moderate slowdown in software mode

It's not as grippy as RRT4, despite keeping the two categories of cars. If you enjoy driving sideways per usual Ridge Racer and want all of your cars to handle differently, it's fun. The music's okay, the graphics are still pretty good and the overall control is fine. Corrupted textures thanks to inaccurate cache emulation in hardware mode, moderate slowdown in software mode, and worst of all, PCSX2 doesn't support the NeGCon. If you have a PS2 modded though, I'd say give it a try.

You don't even need a modded PS2 anymore, you can softmod one with just a FreeMcBoot memory card.

I meant chipped or softmod. Mine is softmodded with a HDD in it. I just reused an 80GB one from a dead desktop I had, kinda wish I had a bigger one but it's not full yet so I'm not in a hurry.

The guide is surprisingly good for entry level simracers looking to get the basics despite being written by simracing's biggest shit stirrer.

Definitely worth a read for shitters trying to get a grip, perhaps not so much for those who already understand how pretend race cars work.

GTR3 announced
racedepartment.com/threads/gtr-3-by-simbin-coming-in-2018.131230/

OH YES

I got a -50% coupon for Motorsport manager on steam, anyone wants it?

I didn't see this coming.

Here's the dev and the games they've made. Not exactly an impressive history.
kylotonngames.com/pages/games.php

didn't the IP get sold to some shit company that then made a new version of flatout so shit no one even acknowledged it as flatout? As far as I know UC is still the last flatout game and the devs that used to work on it are now working on next car game or something like that? However, that's been in development for years as far as I know, so … it's starting to look more like never ever.

Wreckfest, yeah. They were having trouble getting any funding so updates were slow, but during christmas they announced this.
community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,9445.0.html?PHPSESSID=465b50ad4839ace8774d596820a1c193
Whether they'll actually stick to the promise of faster updates is another story.

Looks like motorstorm and with no weight to the cars.

Oh, that's a good announcement. Indeed, I do hope they stick with it.

Me too, though it looks like we're simply getting track refinements this month.
twitter.com/bugbeargames/status/827185896290127873

Yeah, that's definitely what was missing in Wreckfest

How well does rFactor handle dynamic objects on the track? Or rather, which sim does the best?
I had this silly idea of converting Flatout content to a sim. I know for sure that track geometry is extractable, at least in second FO. Cars should be too. Gotta have some of that LeMons experience.

Actually looks good. Also I'm a sucker for any racing game that lets me captain a boat around. Though it seems to shy away from the junkyard stuff and only have it as a skin. Also there's no PC release according to the trailer so I don't have any real interest in it.

(Checked)
It's published by a shovelware company and the Dev isn't much better. The only things that are interest to us is Kylotonn developed WRC 5 and 5 (and the Wikipedia for 5 goes to the french version and is in poor condition) and something called Truck Racer which actually seems competent and already very Flatout-ish, if a bit rough (it seems to me the trucks turn on a central axis rather then at the front). Three years is enough time to fix that though.

BeamNG.Drive

I wouldn't trust any sim for having non shit collision physics.

I'm convinced.

However it doesn't have multiplayer. I played it like once with a keyboard, it felt pointless. How is it as a sim?

Going fast is scary.

Man, I was just hoping for something like the PSP Ridge Racers and they won't even fucking give me a Prophetie. I guess I'm a Lucky and Wild kind of guy with the Wisdom, then.

I have wipeout pure, pulse and burnout legends, motorstorm arctic's edge, what are some good racing games on the PSP?

Ridge Racer for psp is pretty good
There's also Micro Machines V4 if you're into that

There's also an OutRun port on it, not sure how good it is.

I know Emulation messes some things up but does anyone else thing that Emulating TXR3 messes up some of the wanderers? They don't seem to want to spawn in, even when I meet all the requirements. It's not that big of a deal since one wander is already busted but it's annoying I can't seemingly get everyone I should. The latest one I've tried to do who just said "NO" was Master Position, despite trying out both the Pantera and the GT across the rainbow bridge in the right direction and with in his time.

Adequate, I haven't played it in a while, the handling seemed alright (if a bit on the slow and non grippy side, but perhaps I was driving like a cunt).

But the crash physics are A++ and that's what you want when porting FlatOut content.

Stolen or broken.

Outrun port is great. Just make sure the PSP is clocked to 333mhz in your CFW menu or else the framerate will be terrible. It's mostly locked 60 at 333mhz (Sumo designed it that way till Sony changed the clock at the last moment)

At least when he gets so angry at being unable to drive the cars he gives up on the genre entirely the wheel will most likely be passed down to me, and while it's overpriced as fuck at least i won't be the one who paid for it.

Invite him to our races, he will surely have fun :^)

direct him to PRC

link us to said wheel i want to see if it has a gold flake shifter

It's probably a direct drive wheel which only has one selling point: the FFB is strong enough to literally harm you.

Probably doesn't even have a shifter in the first place.

It probably only has a ferrari badge.

My guess is that he bought all Fanatec stuff because "if it costs more it's more quality"

Bump

casual/10

It's possible, the game emulates poorly and an incorrectly emulated cpu can lead to all kinds of things returning different values than they should.

so is The Crew any good? I got it for free a few months ago but never touched it

I preferred it before calling all units just because it didn't have all that shit ruining perfectly fine freeroaming around the US of A.

Yeah, calling all units managed to somehow shit on everything the game did right and now it's the worst of it's genre.

Also i'm still mad they didn't name it calling all stations.

Nah, original games never had that and never needed it. You'd be getting immobilized after turn one. Beamng is a tech demo, all it does well is crashes.
Personally, I'm looking more for a driving experience. You know, bang through gears, get sideways on dirt in old clapped out junk that doesn't handle well, but feels alive and always has that potential to lay down a better time.

Fuck, forgot the flag.

Then play Wreckfest fam, because traditional sims can't handle dirt for shit.

The only proper racing game the BeanNG system could really fit into is a Stock Car game where the sheet metal bending on a crash or even deforming over time based on aero pressure can shred the tyres in the wheel well, cause wheel hops, affect Aero etc.

But that's years off because BeamNG is already murder on CPU and GPU with one car never mind 40.

Any WTCC or VTCC race this weekend?

Does anyone have the screen caps of that /o/ autist that when on a legendary rage about that fucking animu dev who fucked off to reddit?

I want to git gud in rfactor, which driving aids should I disable first? Is there anything I should not disable?

Brake assist is the only one that will stop you from going fast. Steering is only useful if you don't have a wheel as it helps with using a sensible steering angle in corners. All the other assists will not fundamentally stop you from going fast.

Gravel on Dirt Rally feels really good though.

Tarmac, however, has a way too light feel in Dirt Rally.

they are working on project cars 2 after the first one failed so hard? WHy?

The point is not going fast, the point is to make it more realistic. I don't know what kind of technologies actual racing cars have or don't have. I use a 360 controller btw.

you turn off everything and get a wheel if you want to make everything real

I need this fun af car in game that doesnt suffer from terrible pop ins

Here's a livestream of 12-hour Bathust race if you're interested. Started 3 hours ago though.

It depends, many cars have TC and ABS. GT3s for example. You'll have to find the regulation documents applicable to the car you are currently driving and go from there.

Or get AC and always use the factory assist setting

Awesome, thanks for the link.

And it looks like i tuned in just in time. Jesus, what a wreck.

It's so tragic seeing a crashed aston.

This is quite a bit more exciting than F1. And these engine-sounds are making my dick rock hard.

Is this the Safety Car Cup?

Treequinox cup when?

if you think i'd waste a skyrine on crashing it into you fags you're dreaming. i'd stay immobile at the starting line, let the smoke clear then DEJU VU

But user, he was driving a porche-uh

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in teamORANGE, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret races down Mt. Fuji, and I have over 300 confirmed drifts. I am trained in gorilla steering and I’m the top wheelman in the entire US driftaku forces. You are nothing to me but just another obstacle. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth's highways, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of Yakuza drivers across the world and your license plate number is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking last place, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can pass you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare feet. Not only am I extensively trained in standard gearboxes, but I have access to the entire collection of the Sultan of Brunei and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the pavement, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit eurobeat all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking lapped, kiddo.

I do wonder how much duct-tape they are going to slap on to that one car during this race. For those that missed, that bonnet opened midrace, so the pit crew ripped it off of it's mountings/hinges and refitted it with liberal use of magic-tape.

Duct(gorilla) tape is the real hero of this race.

somewhere a materials engineer is smiling and an aero engineer is crying.

Made me chuckle.

Welcome to Bathurst, home of the safety car.

First one sold way better than expected and they made money from it. Enough that backers got paid a pretty big ROI sum if they went in at the higher tiers. This time they are going in with a publisher from Day 1 (Bandai Namco is publishing again) though they limited the investment from backers to go through more legal channels because of some legal issues in the UK which is why there wasn't a big sequel announcement and looking for backers.

It's supposedly getting announced this month for a targeted September 2017 release but don't be surprised if they back off and delay till early 2018.

You go to the 12 hours to get shitfaced in one of the most beautiful parts of Australia, not for the racing.

GG no re

Well fuck me.

Brilliant.

For fucks sake what are you doing, flipping your car when safety car is out on the track.

You're just missing some sunbathing.

I'll just go watch the Oz vs Kiwi ODI then.

Man, this shit is great. I wish I had found out about this earlier. I do apologize for shitting up /ogc/ though.

We're past 300 posts, it's fine.

The only thing fine is your ass, boi.

Holy shit, what a fucking disappointment that was. The car just will not turn, no oversteer. If I wanted to experience understeer city, I'd go drive my econobox irl. Actually that turd turns while trailbraking. And turns all the time with semislicks only on front axle. DON'T DO THIS KIDS, YOU'LL DIE.

Saved

Come Heil Hitler with our new thread