Resident Evil 7 / Generaal

If Evelin only wanted a new home and got it with the Bakers, why did the Bakers abduct / kill additional people?
We see that Evelin can raise up monsters like daisies on her own, when and why did the slow process of turning people get involved? What was the purpose? It certainly isn't about growing the family because, as said, she can just raise them out of nothing.
How did Mia lose her memory?
How did the machine gun end up in the captain's locker and who locked it? It clearly went flying with Mia
Why did Evelin even take the form of the grandma? Grandma was certainly part of the household, we saw her letters about doctor visits and shit, what happened to the real her?
What happened to Zoe?
Was that shit with Jack a dream or a vision? Why the fuck was Zoe in it?
What exactly happened to the third film-crew guy to make him stare at a wall and bleed out of his eyes?
Did Jack fuse with Lucas in that eye-monster boss fight?
Why is the final boss one step away from a QTE?

RE general I guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

residentevil.wikia.com/wiki/Spencer's_notebook
store.steampowered.com/app/418370/
projectumbrella.net/articles/INSIDE-BIOHAZARD-DARKSIDE-CHRONICLES
steamcommunity.com/id/KurtisCobainus
layer13.net/rls?id=7682229
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I want to get into this series. Where do I start ? Is there a chart for this series I can follow because I know this series is all over the place with different version of the games. I just want to play the best versions this series has to offer.

>If Evelin only wanted a new home and got it with the Bakers, why did the Bakers abduct / kill additional people?

The pipe on the wall was rammed into his skull through his mouth. That would make him bleed out his eyes.

Resident Evil 7 is kinda a soft reboot, so you could kind of start there. Or you could just start at the first game in the series, like any rational person would figure out to do.

awful OP
1) Evelin wanted more family members so she made the bakers abduct people
2) It's implied with the cop that all the Molded were formerly people who died on their grounds, so those on the ship were other sailors who were killed by her as well (during a flashback on the ship, one of the sailors was talking about everyone in one section dying)
3) Dunno, Evelin stuff and >3 years
4) Video game logic
5) Evelin was the only grandma, one of the documents in the mines talks about her rapidly aging at a crazy pace
6) Stuck at the house with Jack after you get on the boat but you don't see much after
7) Ethan was in "the many" world of Evelin? Jack never actually calcified (which means total death), Marg and Lucas did so they aren't there. Zoe was there since she was also infected like Jack and Ethan
8) He was shoved on a broken pipe that went into his head
9) No
10 It required aim

I thought it was already mentioned several times that it takes place a few years after RE6, there's even documents all over the place that reference events from previous games.

RE1 if you ain't a bitch, RE4 if you are.

Outbreak, Gun Survivor and Dead Aim are optional. Operation Raccoon City and Umbrella Corps should be ignored.

Eveline's mind was deteriorating real fast without the medicine to keep her power in-check to stop the rapid ageing.
She wants real people, not Molded that are part of her biology.
Ship sinking along with Eveline fucking her mind up, her immunity from her stupid fungal infection was wearing off, and she did a back and forth fighting against her possession.
Ship was already going into the shitter with Eveline's temper tantrum, of course they'll spread the weapons.
Those letters were from Margerite's Doctor, not Eveline when they were slowly being infected.
Good ending, she dies, bad ending, still dies.
The molded have a communal mind-link to Eveline depending on the infection rate, some last vestiges of humanity of both appeared to Ethan and pleaded with him to stop the bitch.
Mia killed him.
Lucas wasn't as infected as Jack or Margerite was, Lucas ran away while being in-contact with the organization that created Eveline, you can listen to this with that radio conversation by "Redfield" and the Umbrella Corp mercenaries.
Because Crapcom couldn't be bothered and the cinematic shit for youtubers/twitch streamers.

Waiting on the "Redfield" DLC with the Not A Hero thing in 2 months.

Yeah nah shill. Go off and fuck yourself

You aren't the brightest fellow.

Because Evelin is a bio-weapon genetically programmed to kill people to add to her numbers, the family shit is just her way of rationalizing it, and she may even be lying about that
trauma and being royally mind-fucked
I could just say game logic, but it could be that the captain never made it to his locker
there was no grandma before, Evelin was genetically unstable after her escape and rapidly aged, her preferred form was the child, which is what she made everyone see, and those letters were Margerite's
I guess she just dies either way since you see her in the hivemind vision later on, but maybe the No Hero shit will clear that up
collective consciousness, and either because she was infected anyway, or just "dead" already
his face was rammed into a pipe man, c'mon
I'm not too sure about Lucas, I think there was a letter from him talking about how he was deceiving Evelin about being completely loyal, but he still caught enough of the crazy to alter his personality
knowing capcom they probably just sectioned him off as a DLC antagonist
I'll say it was wasted potential, but at least they trusted you to aim your damn gun
plus Evelin's final form was actually really neat aesthetically, it reminded me of the old House of The Dead bosses

Because Evelin was a mentally (and physically) unstable artificially created B.O.W.
Not exactly an upstanding sane little girl.

I think once she got the bakers she already accomplished her "core" family so he just made everyone else into molded for protection/pets.

Side effect of being mindfucked by a B.O.W. for 3 fucking years, also there's no telling how much damage her brain had inflicted upon it during 3 years (she can regen everything so we can't see the physical abuse she might've been trough).

It's another one, isn't it?
A spare one.

No, grandma was never a part of the household, that letter about the doctor visit is Marguerite's.
She didn't "take the form of" grandma willingly, her body is deteriorating, she needed regular treatment to stay in her child form.

Either dead, or we'll meet her again in some DLC.

Probably an hallucination, the protagonist is infected.
Remember the "steps of mutation" described in the documents, hallucinations are one of the symptoms.

He was impaled on a steam pipe, you idiot.
Jack found him and slammed his fucking face into the pipe.

What?
No, that's just Jack.
Lucas is somewhere else, he was working for Umbrella, it's safe to say he's still alive by the end of the game and still working for them.

Because Capcom can't into sublety anymore.

Some of your questions were really, really fucking dumb.

Outbreak can't be considered optional anymore.
RE7 just made Outbreak officially canon, we can probably expect another one at some point in the future.

And no, i'm not going to point you towards what document made it canon, because Holla Forums is pissing me off tonight, find it yourself you dickhead piece of shit.
All i'm gonna say is that it's in one of the newspapers.

I wonder what would have happened if Ethan didn't go searching for Mia. Would Eveline just die from her accelerated aging?

Eh, no.
A violent confrontation was inevitable eventually, Ethan or not.
Umbrella is back in business and the last time they got involved in anything, an entire fucking city got nuked.
So no, i doubt they would've just let her be.

There are, but it's not so intermingled that you have to have a real connection to any of the other games to understand this one all that much.

wait I thought the company was re-purposed as some kind of BOW clean-up unit? isn't that why Chris is working with them?
or do you just mean that another corrupt corporation has taken old Umbrellas place?
I don't even remember seeing any logos on the ship or anything
I hadn't touched anything after 5 and Revelations before this so I might be missing info
also its completely glossed over that love interest was working on a fucking bio-weapons project like its totally okay that she had a hand in the creation of Lisa Trevor 2: F.E.A.R Edition

You just asked a lot of very stupid questions. Most of those are answered if you pay any attention at all, the rest are factually incorrect.

how connected to the previous entries is Resident Evil 7?
do any characters make a cameo?

Raccoon City is mention in a newspaper
Chris shows up at the very end of the game

There's a guy who shows up at the end and says "I'm Redfield. I'm glad we found you." But people are conflicted about the character's identity due to his appearance and voice.

Albert Wesker's STARS pistol.

God bless you user. Have the webm version.

Umbrella Corps mercenaries (from the game) was the fucking Umbrella logo chopper we saw from the demos. Albert's Samurai Edge pistol is in-game, Alyssa Ashcroft and Clive O'Brien wrote shit, some mention of several organizations and shit.

I'm still so fucking pissed with how they ended Wesker.

Might pick it up then. Thanks anons.

No Lucas is working for some other party. There is a radio you can listen in to between the "Redfield" umbrella helicopter teams.

Of all the RE reporters to make call backs too. It bugs me it's not Ben Bertolucci. Although I guess he is dead. Could have been an old newspaper article sitting around from the 90's…

So is this RE game the end-all be-all of the franchise? Will there be more first-person RE horror titles?

probably

It's only a soft mention by a newspaper article, and Clive O'Brien that old guy from Revelaitons got his novels published.

Depends on how much people are buying this shit, there's still those DLCs crapcom promised, should be out by March.

yeah, it's the best in the series so far.

I bought it. Don't really have regrets. Feels like a real Resident Evil game, so much more than 4/5/6 did, even though 4/5 were pretty good I missed the horror aspect.

Now, another question. This game is in the same universe as the others right? Ethan is just a civilian, but wouldn't be atleast know to suspect whats going on, after surely hearing on the news about huge outbreaks of virally created freaks and ranks of undead destroying big parts of Raccoon City/China/Africa? Or did I miss something and the regular citizen like Ethan is still oblivious to Umbrella?

Pic related is DLC that will be out in a couple of days, it better be story DLC and not a mercenaries shit mode, should explain who not-Chris Redfield is and what is Umbrella Corp is doing.

I'll buy it when it's got everything is out, played it with a friend, and damn, it might have been a better game if it wasn't so fucking short.

Same Universe, Ethan is just a civvie who has a fucking wife who works for a company that does BOWs, what a fucking cuck and storywise, Umbrella is already dead by this time period of 2017, there were mentions of Raccoon City in the game.

Ethan might not be just some regular guy.
residentevil.wikia.com/wiki/Spencer's_notebook

If this isn't just a coincidence, Ethan has connections to umbrella.

If Umbrella got destroyed..
WHO WAS BOW MANUFACTURER?!

So is this new virus a newer version of the Uroboros virus? The monsters and black stuff you'll see on the walls look kinda like the Uroboros stuff from 5.
When do I get to shank this old cunt, I don't trust her

holy shit you're retarded.

That isn't Tokyo 2040 what is it?

Post-RE5 and several other media has made the RE Universe not implode, there's even some Metal Gear Patriots level bullshit from "The Family" from RE6, in Umbrella Corps(the game) several Pharmaceutical companies are hiring Umbrella Corp(mercenaries) to steal BOW shit from everywhere, that's the explanation for the Umbrella chopper in the game.

new virus derived from a fancy fungus, like uroboros and those flowers

Necrotoxin - uses some stupid Fungal shit that makes mold, and you get monsters of the "Molded"

Not the case. It's some new mold-based viral infection that roots in the cranium of the host to take control of them.

Is there a crack for this game already???

yeah man heres the crack link: store.steampowered.com/app/418370/

Even entertaining the idea of paying money for a game with dunovo means you are the scum of the earth and an enemy of gaming.

I bet you've got uplay/origin on your PC don't you cuckboii?

So does that mean that RE7 takes place before RE5?

RE7 takes place in 2017.

It doesnt. Chronologically speaking, RE7 is the latest. Ethan could be a brainwashed Umbrella Exec or something. His wife could have brainwashed him so he wouldn't have to die, while herself moving on to work for other companies.

me =/= poor
you = poor

I played the whole game on youtube.com for free

It just came out, and Denuvo was confirmed months ago, just wait till CPY and his autists removes it, might take a while.

No, it's just coincidence, RE7 takes play in current year, 2017.

If its shit then why do you want it for free? Its still eating shit.

OPs questions were mostly stupid but I was also wondering about the whole Eveline's family thing.

She wants real humans but then turns them into the same kind of molded she can create on a whim? Before the very first molded there's even a paper detailing how some people couldn't be turned and just ended up dying. It's a difficult mental leap from "instantly create out of thin air" and "slowly, ineffectively turn people". And why the fuck did she wait 3 years of start nagging Mia about her being her mommy?

Some parts really are poorly explained

Today, I'd probably recommend starting with the light rails shooters RE: Darkside Chronicles and RE: Umbrella Chronicles on Wii. That will cover everything up until Resident Evil 4. You can get 4/5/6 as a bundle on Steam. Would catch you up fairly quickly.

What?

Sorry, fucking head hurts, some DLC should be out by January 31.

Last episode of the original OVA series.

The game looks pretty interesting, so I'll probably give it a rent. Do you think we'll get to see how Umbrella is involved in this (like an underground lab)?

Outbreak worked best because it was a bit grounded in comparison to the rest of the series. You got to see a whole bunch of regular human npcs trying to maintain order and cope with the hell that was unfolding around them. You weren't Ada with her kung fu. You were Yoko who could use her keycard to open doors in a facility that she used to work in. It also with re3 helped to fill in a lot of the holes left by re2. For example, what happened to the rest of the Tyrants that Umbrella deployed in the city?

Outbreak also took place within Racoon City and during the events of the main games. It didn't send you to China out of the blue to try and pander to a different audience.

That "Redfield" is more than likely going to be Hunk. Umbrella never really went away after Racoon City. It got absorbed by other groups, but I do remember one of the animated movies showing Umbrella scientist working at the site of Racoon City some years later. Spencer more than likely had enough friends in the government to get most of his company transferred out of the public eye and into government projects.

If this does well, then they may bring back the gun survivor series as well. An Outbreak in 1st person might be pretty neat too if enough attention is given to the environment to make it work.

It could be similar to the Tyrant project where all the rejects either die and get turned into zombies or make the transition into Tyrants. Umbrella might have found a new flower or fungus in that swamp that allows them to keep working towards Tyrant-like creations without making a shit ton of zombies that need to be destroyed or cleaned up in general. Even without Marcus fucking things up in the originals, it was only a matter of time before someone got infected and everything quickly went to shit. There were far too many failure/zombies being made and what retard decided to keep that plant around?

Umbrella is gone, Umbrella chopper is owned by umbrella fanboys, Umbrella Corps, mercenary guys from that shitty esports game.

on pc too?

Timed-exclusive shit, PS4 gets it, then the other platforms, Not A Hero should be free.

The very though of that makes my dick rock hard

I want fucking Outbreak the whole collection in the PC, goddamn it Capcom.

Show's over guys, here we have the perfect specimen for someone who pays money for a game with Denuvo.

I bought it because I didnt want to wait months for a crack and i'm not a poorfag. Youre gonna have to deal with that.

That shit bastardizes the story

top kanker

This isn't a RE game, just a PT wannabe that was slapped the RE sticker at the end of the development cycle.

To call it a RE is a disgrace to the franchise.

It's always good to ask. Plenty of vg series are not all that great in numbered order.

From what I've gathered, it's some sort of engineered fungus which has a control cluster which when others are infected gains control of the body and by extension has some sort of hive mind.

Is Mia dead?
I watched pewdiepie part 1 walkthrough (shit was SO cash) and he kills mia with an axe, but on wikipedia it says mia is alive but it doesnt say anything about the ending other than "guy kills jack by decapitating him".

How old are you fam

And if anyone thinks the story couldn't be worse, take a look down the rabbit hole.

Anyone who plays this first will have absolutely no urge to continue. Shit games.

That ain't Chris.

Except it has combat, inventory management, limited resources and a crafting system similar to that of RE3, therefore not PT.

Oh shit, thats actually pretty ok, i hope the plumber and the security guy made it out ok.

He didn't say it was PT. He said it was a PT wannabe which is accurate in a sense.

Checked, based space autist.

If you put it in that way, yes, it certanly was inspired by PT.
Homever, PT was a walking simulator, while this one atleast has combat.

How is the combat in RE7? Does the game still manage to be scary?

Are there any good videos that show off the combat and gun-play?

Slow paced, focus on headshots, shooting at any other place results in bullet spongy encounters (like RE4).
What?
RE has never been scary, if you want scary play actual good horror games, like SH or Forbidden Siren.
RE is dumb loud shit for dudebros.

Outbreak is canon, they used the Tyrant R from File 2 as a boss fight for Ada in Umbrella Chronicles.

Is this still the G/T-virus and Umbrella corp, or is it no longer real Resident Evil? The series was best when it was emulating 70s B-horror movies in both its storytelling and its voice acting.

Also why the fuck is it set in such a boring setting. Hillbilly swamp house? Really? No sleek high-tech labs under cities?

is outbreak still fun? Sadly I got into RE long after the online life for it died and never got around to giving it a play through.

Umbrella Chronicles isn't canon either. You may as well reference the live-action movies.

just watch a fucking youtube video and save yourself the hassle of 'playing' it

Resident Evil was an EXCELLENT game series up to RE3.
I'll never understand how many people seem to consider RE4 more than the fucking piece of garbage it is.

Kill me now, please

You mean Capcom using this as a reference to Wesker's rise to power and Umbrella's fall is all wrong? you should help correct the record, you fucking autist, the developers who did Outbreak also helped on the Chronicle games you retard, they had some of the scenario writers who worked on RE4 helped on Darkside Chronicles with Krauser, you're also telling me it isn't fucking canon because you didn't like the liberty they did with the story transition to a on-rail shooter? kill yourself before you tell people RE7 also isn't canon.

Outbreak wasn't canon, almost all the characters canonically died either by the zombie attack, or when the nuke hit.
Umbrella Chronicles isn't canon, retard.

Outbreak only NOW has become canon, due to RE7.

Because it was fun

Is RE7 as good as the demo was? I genuinely liked it, it was one of the few cases where a demo actually made me excited for the game.

Granted, is it worth full price at $80 Canadian or is it a "wait for it to go on sale" game? Already have Gravity Rush 2 and Yakuza 0 in the mail.

user i don't give a fuck what you like and what you don't like.
It's all about documentation.
RE7 is canon because it has documents that directly and propely place it in the timeline.
Outbreak didn't use to be canon, but now it has been made canon because it's referenced in docs contained in RE7.

Chronicles remains some shitty wii shovelware garbage that isn't, and will never be canon.

It's better than the demo.
It's worth exactly 20 bucks.
A single dollar over 20 bucks is too much.
Wait for a price drop and possibly an all inclusive bundle with all the DLCs.

Then who was on phone? holy shit at the autism, they had several throwbacks to past games, even to the ones called "Gaiden/Side-story" and people are throwing a hissyfit, both of those games you mentioned as "not canon or recently canon" are semi-canon according to Capcom, fuck, they referenced that cure for the T-virus Daylight in that shitty high school of the dead ripoff manga.

Just fuck off with your definition of canon and "documentation" holy shit, you are a bigger autist than me with your bullshit hatred of Chronicles, go kill yourself asap, I'm sure you'll cite some "documentations" of your bullshit

It isn't an exact replica of RE2 so it's shit.

Oh, for some documentations, those games you dumbfucks are calling "recently/not" canon are mentioned in this book. projectumbrella.net/articles/INSIDE-BIOHAZARD-DARKSIDE-CHRONICLES

And Capcom confirmed it's all canon, so fuck you.

10/10 bait, m8

Get the fuck outta here with your weak ass bullshit you stupid nigger.
"semi-canon" my ass, it's either canon, or it isn't.
Chronicles isn't canon, Outbreak is NOW canon, end of story.

it'll be on sale on steam in a month and a half for 20-30% off, almost for sure

People keep repeating this game has "inventory management". I watched this nongame streamed before release, it does not have what you say it does. There is a plethora of games with an inventory screen. This does not make them exhibit Resident Evil qualities or RE inventory.

lmao :D

A lot better than the demo
I spent $40 on it and don't regret it, but don't think it's worth paying full price. As much as I love it, it's short. Though I guess if you like to replay these types of games a lot it might not bother you. I know I'll probably at least play 2 more times

Just chalk it up to shills being shills.

You're pretty misinformed or didn't watch the stream very long if you don't think it has inventory management. Besides the very start of the game where you don't have a ton of items, most of the game is deciding which shit to store in the saferooms and what to take with you.

That book's not canon and Capcom never said it was.

The game has replay value but it's inherently hindered by too many scripted story sequences that take control away from you.

This is a big problem that fucks up the replay value.
Just like past RE games it has unlocks, including an unlock that allows you to move faster, and one that highlights all the items around you, plus the unlockable Albert gun, it's all fun stuff but then the heavy amount of scripting kills multiple playtroughs.

I've been watching the speedrunning scene starting to form around this game (mostly, Carcinogen and uhTrance) and let me tell you, having the action broken up over and over again by scripted bullshit when running this game 20 times a day gets really old, really quick.
You really can see the difference in player agency/movement/action freedom/time factor compared to RE1-4, especially watching it back to back being run again and again.

Not him, and haven't played it, but the inventory looks huge enough that you're able to take more shit with you than you'll ever need. It looks like you can fit a shotgun, flamethrower, grenade launcher, and still have half your inventory left. When are you ever limited?

You can tell when you watch someone playing that control is constantly being ripped away.

it's like watching a half life 2 speedrun. The game just STOPS at parts and it's insanely tedious. And I say this as a big fan of the game.

Look at all this inventory management. Just like proper Resident Evil.

You do realize that's not reflective of the inventory size at the start of the game, right? At the beginning it's fairly difficult to even have the broken shotgun and the actual shotgun in your inventory if you try to carry some helpful items along as well as smaller progression keys.

You're limited from the moment you get to the first puzzle room, there are three different kinds of healing items, seven different combineable items to make ammo items, all the ammo items too, not including all the key and puzzle items.

I've played the game, you wont get very far unless you stow shit.

Alright, thanks for clarifying. How limited did you feel in comparison to 1,2,3?

I'd say 1 is still the most strict in terms of inventory size.
Chris 1 especially really is the ultimate inventory blueball.
I'd say it's more lax than 1-3, but more strict than 4.

Maybe a little less limited. But you get backpack items later down the line that slightly increase inventory space but even with that I still have to make a few inventory trips to the safehouse.

WHAT'S THE FUCKING POOOOOOOOOOOOOOINT

Better image quality at a smaller file size, although sometimes GIF still beats vp9 at that.

Really?
I mean…
REALLY?

So in you're playtrough Mia has amnesia while if you chose Zoe she is the one that has the amnesia and she becomes Mia in the boat section of the game.

was mia and zoe just a ruse? Also which timeline is it? or is it a soft-reboot?

It's honestly not a concept exclusive to TLOU.
It's been around since forever.

Besides don't worry about it, we won't be wiped out due to zombie spores.
We'll be wiped out by the common flu.
There's already multiple recent cases of people dying because not a single antibiotic worked on them.
It's coming, soon.
Finally we'll have a wonderful, uniform cleansing of this shithole.

Normal timeline.
RE7 is happening precisely 16 years after the raccoon city incident.

no zoe stright up dies if you choose her

you only play as ethan and mia

OK, there is so much RE lore I need to go trough or learn because I thought it was a soft-reboot after what happen in RE6, where the whole world was fucked n shit.

Wait, what?
I thought she survived the boat crash/smash, while you as Ethan died or came into a coma.

First person who gets trip 7s gets a copy of the game on steam

ohhhh shittttt

that's going to take a while senpai.

just give it to this nigger

Rethink what your life choices up to this point, user.

WEW.

Why?

do you think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and pretend to give away steam keys?

The most unbelievable part of the story for me was that a cop gave a civilian his knife.

user, youve been trying really fucking hard for days, i dont get what is your obsesion to try to argue with people and then dont give 2 flying fucks about what anyone says, constantly, for atleast 4 threads.
If you dont like the game thats ok, but dont keep shitposting and pretending all the points people have given you do not exist.

It was just a pocket knife, is that illegal in the united states?

I don't think a cop is allowed to give a potential suspect anything off his body, besides a ticket or something.

Actually i found his behaviour interesting.
In any other piece of fiction the cop would've been like "OH FUCK, of course you're the victim, i'm going to get you out of here".
But he was professional for the most part, he instantly assumed that Ethan could've been in on it, and didn't trust him.

But then he made the call to give him something to defend himself with because he seemed slashed the fuck up and genuinely terrified of something.
Granted, it could be he could've been just dome druggie in a house in the middle of a swamp tripping out.

I don't know how i would've handled this situation when observed completely from the outside.
What would you have done in his place?

Didnt know man, is that an actual law or just a custom?
Noy trying to prove you wrong, im just curius.

It's just common sense, you don't give somebody who might be dangerous a dangerous tool.

Granted, it's a video game so whatever, it just seemed weird to me.

But, user, that's not going to happen.

Bring in some more men, an ambulance for the slashed the fuck up druggie(s) and get on the monday morning news.

you stop using an AMD processor from eight years ago you dumb fuck

There is another antibiotic that is in the works, but don't expect most people to have access to it, even in dire straights. They will use the excuse that should have been used years ago to prevent the antibiotic craze in the first place. Especially since there is no fucking reason to use it to fatten up livestock.

Reposting because i fucked the spoiler.

So i've been trying to play this, after having it shared from a friend's library.

Sadly, I'm having a MAJOR issue, constantly freezing, particularly when transitioning to a new area. I'm just reached the "Main Hall" area after you Run Jack down in your car and i'm getting multiple-second freezes when running through the hallways upstairs.

I've found no workable solutions online, this is gamebreaking.

How do i fix this?

I'm on an overclocked i5, pal. It shouldnt be to do with the processor.

I am rock fucking hard

All i want is to survive this, then come on Holla Forums, and realize that 90% of Holla Forums is dead.
Then i'll be happy.

dunno user, post on the steam forum or check crapcom's official stuff. Odd that you can't find anyone else who has posted about it though, who knows though, you might open the floodgates

i miss the operatives in ORC
it was like a bad left 4 dead clone but vector was fun to play as

Do you think Ethan and Mia developed any weird kinks from killing each other over and over?

But did you overclock your USB ports?

Fuck. You might just have the answer, user.

No, because Ethan rescued Zoe's redneck booty.

that's actually a thing, by the way

? Zoe fucking dies if you choose her though.

yeah but it also did the usual bullet-sponging of the enemies bullshit.

It is a difficulty meant to be done as you replay the game but to be honest this isn't the sort of game that warrants a replay.
There seems to be no incentive to do so and let me be really fucking clear on this, it is not the challenges of gameplay that is the driving force behind wanting to complete this game on a first run.

It is hard to think of a reason why anyone would play through it again at an even higher difficulty because its a one-trick-pony type of game. Like a horror movie. Once the surprises are done there is nothing else.

I couldnt bring myself to like them, the fuckers in charge couldnt even be bothered to respect the aesthetics of resident evil 2.
They are supposed to be operators from the 90s, not sci-fi operators.

so whats the actual length for this? I'm hearing people doing it in 4 hours (probably hustling and not taking things in) and 15 hours.

Is there replayability? Does finishing the game unlock stuff? Is there much story branching or is everything fairly linear with some yes/no tier change or is there some actual differences in how the game plays

my first playthrough on normal took me 8.5 hours, but i wasn't exactly timing myself. i played at my own pace. there are unlockable goodies if you beat the game on the different difficulties under 4 hours. yes there are unlockables; in my 8.5 hour playthrough i unlocked a defense scroll that makes me take less damage when blocking and a new pistol. the story does not branch at all until a binary choice near the end, but there's a ton of stuff that happens sometimes and doesn't in others (for example, if you try to drive the car in the garage fight and Jack is nearby, he'll pull you out and get in himself. if you start the car while he's far away or stunned, you get to drive and the fight ends a different way)

alright this sounds cool. I can deal with linear stories but I like the idea of stuff happening in this playthrough and not in others.

Well that's interesting because the flu is a virus and antibiotics are only for bacteria.

I think you guys don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Yeah that would be fun if the gameplay itself wasn't frustrating.
Hey, you know what sounds like a great idea? LETS MAKE RESIDENT EVIL A STEALTH GAME!
furthermore, let us make every environment you're meant to be stealthy in have NO FUCKING PLACE TO HIDE.
Oh, and lets have the character always move at full speed slow and his run is slow and a half.
Oh, but its not like you're even going to fucking care to press the button to run because the fucking redneck "Daddy" can catch up to you once he sees you anyway!
So once your spotted, there are no hiding places and you can't get away enough to simply try to duck into a room or another hallway and MAYBE lose him.

The premise itself is stupid as fuck too.
Did someone at Capcom just binge watch Texas Chainsaw Massacre movies like 3 dozen times each and decide that should be the new resident evil?
Why the fuck are these backwoods rednecks not just killing this guy outright? Why are they playing this game of hide and seek that is THEN deadly?
Its dumb as shit, is what it is.

as another example, in dunkey's video he lost his leg. that never happened to me. there's a key that is completely optional and hard to get on Madhouse difficulty but it makes for some great shortcuts and makes your life easier. there are two hidden weapons that you need to work to find but they're powerful enough to make them worthwhile. the boss fights are genuinely fun except for the very, very last one which is just "shoot a wall then shoot a thing that is very obvious". i'm genuinely happy with it overall though, it feels very much like the good resident evil games. the first two thirds of the game are actual genuine old-school resident evil and it's fun

that was the part of alien isolation that drove me nuts, getting chased, die, getting chased, die, manage to avoid foe, next level repeat

interesting. I wonder if they tried to work in stuff from the demo with people trying a million different things to "solve" it properly. I wish more devs would add shit like this to games, it adds a really subtle aspect to replayability

I swear to god if this just confirms the fucking "Chris is HUNK" theory then i'm done with this franchise for good.

You didn't realize yet that it is a reboot? Who the fuck cares if they decided to combine Hunk's and Chris's characters? The old story was so good that it shouldn't be touched?

I like 4.

well that finally explains where all the weird symbol key door bullshit keeps coming from, but the real question is if they should get their own game.
I vote for a Resident Evil game where you're contracting Trevor and Chamberlain Construction, building your own zombie mansion/lab. Kinda like Rollarcoaster tycoon except you make your own Tyrant zombies.

So who the fuck is Ethan? He's clearly not a normal dude, near the end of the game you even hear the umbrella corps guys mention you like they knew who you were.

It's not Chris Redfield and it's not the actual "Hunk". See pic related. That logo is from a new unit formed in Umbrella Corps. The man calling himself "Redfield" is presumably the character you play as in Umbrella Corps.

Why?

That would explain his absence from RE1 to code veronica.
Investigating in paris my ass.

Sounds more like you're frustrated at your own inability to play the game.

Here are some protips:
Make good use of doors. You can use them to keep tabs on your pursuer, give yourself extra time if you're being chased, or you can use them to lock the molded in a room since they can't open doors. A single closed door was often enough for Jack to lose sight of me.
Some attacks (from Jack or the Molded) can be dodged at point blank range by crouching.
You can't endlessly kite Jack around, so pop a bullet in his head to buy you a few seconds.

why do you want to have less shekels?

Well, there is someone that got their biology correct for once. But to be honest bacteria is just as scary, only because if you get the bad ones you could be fucked.

It is very important to distinguish the two, especially if talking about treatment.
Although yes, bacteria is a huge issue. Its one of the leading causes of post-surgical deaths even in a hospital setting.

The shit is everywhere.

Dominant species? Us? no.

Yes because they might become a superbug because of idiotic use of antibiotics and so on. So I'm scared whenever I see someone with intra antibiotics, only because that shit can create a superbug.

Not a single thread on this board is free from shitters.

Poor baby.

This is some next level faggotry.

RE7 was okay. It was a nice soft reboot of the series but it did have the tiresome troupes of the PC having the movement speed of a dead fish, but, besides that I really enjoyed the boss battles and the dialogue of the Baker family. RE7 did an okay job with explaining why Evelin, and the E-series bio weapons, were modeled after little girls. The explanation is found on a file near the end of the game, it was logically sound. The game overall was nice, 7/10.

eh, why not?

It's gonna happen

A seven and dubs. I feel a little disappointed.

Almost there. Prepare your asshole.

Meant to quote

Also, anyone have any RE7 draw requests?

777 get

Mia patting Eveline

Triops

DELETE THIS NOW

Damn, nice.

It isn't a reboot though.

Pay up motherfucker.

Waiting on my game senpai.
steamcommunity.com/id/KurtisCobainus

fuck, i meant to refer to my trips instead of the random dude who failed

I ve been waiting for a new non shit game to test my new non shit GPU, should i pirate this?

sadly it has denuvo friend. I would not do that just yet.

really? i was thinking i had seen the game in the skidrow website.

perhaps I'm wrong, but I was pretty certain it used dunevo. I guess proceed with caution.

You're also a retard who can't into reading comprehension.

It does use Dejewvo and hasn't been cracked yet.

this must've the most pointless shit to be uploaded into a piracy website

They do get ad revenue, ultra-hitler.

Its useful for gamesharing/buying sites like antidenevo, I'm waiting for the equivalent torrent for berseria so that I can pay some russian 2 dollars to put it and a botnet on my computer

One try.

Nothing like the latest installment of a milked to death series to bring the newfags out of the woodwork

what a strange request

At least I'm not an idiot who downloads from know bitcoin miners.

Draw ethan high-fiving himself with his severed hand.

turn off shadow cache, might help.

or kicking a touchdown by swinging his severed foot at the ball like a golf club

This too.
Draw both and give him a super serius, gritty face.

well I goofed on a few things already.

are there any good references for him? I looked around online and I can't find any character models. He seems to have a few different faces too.

or is there a particular part of the game that shows him in full?

Never seen any actual renders of him
Also, that isnt his severed hand user, thats just a randm hand!

oh, again, I haven't played it so I thought you were talking about the hand he pulls of a corpse at one point in the game.

No, he gets his hand chopped off with a chainsaw at one point.

Oh wow he looks like a faggot.

Your style reminds me of Rebecca Sugar

Well shiet, I found a different pic of him. Must have been an early render I saw.

ah, gotcha. I've just seen bits and pieces posted around the thread.

whelp, time to kill myself in a painful way.

At the end you get to see most of him cocooned in a molder nest thing.

Most of your questions out just due to your sheer lack of observation skills but
takes the cake. He clearly had his face pushed into an exposed pipe. You can see a piece of pipe sticking out thats covered in blood and judging by the angle of it, it was pushed up through his mouth and into his head, which would explain the bleeding eyes.

Anyone else think the demo was scarier than the actual game?

yes and no. the first portion of the actual game where you're in the houses was genuinely scary. jack baker was a great villain and he made my skin fuckin crawl with how he could be pretty much anywhere. the ship section onward though was retarded

They were still resisting, all the violence breaks them down mentally and allows her to control them.

The shit with lucas is ridiculous, did he have a cancelled boss fight?

When he sees you, turn to shoot him once and stun him, then run again. Rinse and repeat and you can avoid damage until you lose him.

It was shit but at least it's better than 6

pfft haha

unless you're going with the "lying" hypothesis its pretty much confirmed

It was okay. Better than 6, but that's not hard to do.
Only genuinely got spooked when a scaled up doll appeared on the table suddenly.

is there a torrent yet ??

of course there is, but there's no crack since it's denuvo

They used the Trevor shit in Revelations 1 for the layout of the ship, stating they found some old blueprints he made. I honestly didn't expect that he owned a fucking company.

7/10 tho

It's a trap, ain't it?

Sounds like you're a yeasty cunt.

It could be that some part of them still has some control of their actions. It's not like the Bakers wanted to turn into bioweapons, so it could just be that they do want it to end. They chop each other up and they still keep ticking. They'll never know peace and even the granny is out of her mind.

I'd call you a faggot, but you're fucking right. The reason I liked the game is because you could defend yourself and put the faggot down for a while, and because it's short and doesn't overstay its welcome like Alien Isolation. Just for the record I went ahead and started playing Code Veronica X in first person view and yes, it's just as irritating. First Person needs to go.

Yeah I don't get how anyone can say because he doesn't look like RE5/6 chris then he can't be chris. If anything, he looks closer to Chris from RE1 than Chris from RE5/6 does.

Do I need to play any previous RE game before this one? I want to start this because it looks great, but I haven't even finished RE1. I am just too fucking scared to play RE Remake.

Because if this is meant to be in the same timeline of the rest, hes not going to age backwards? Hes going to retain his looks from RE6 because thats how aging works? God damn you people are fucking dumb

So is this new reboot more along the line of The Hills have Eyes or is it still about zombies?

It's more like they're finally making Chris look like he was supposed to be, instead of a chimp monk chugging down steroids every other minute.

The problem I'm having is that Vendetta still uses his 5/6 character design. It just seems strange to have that movie lead into 7 but not use the new design when it comes out after 7.

No. You will miss some gay throwbacks/references.

This guy looks like a bitch.

I just beat the tanker part, how come I couldn't find the survival knife anywhere?

First Person someone and make them that slow is frustrating mainly because its like playing a dream at that point.
Ever have a dream where you're running and for some reason you never seem to really get anywhere? Or punching and fighting and the hits really do nothing?
That's this game.

Yeah, it's rather frustrating running around without a melee weapon to easily break crates. I have a feeling it's just out of sight somewhere in the starting areas of the ship, unless someone used Psychostimulants and confirmed otherwise.

when you get into the elevator stuck between floors, it's literally right in front of you if you climb up instead of down, stuck into an overturned table

if somebody leads me to a youtube or vimeo or something link of this episode, i can make a sound webm of this scene

Yeah, Ethan is with Umbrella.

Oy goy!

It wasn't there for me.
It was nowhere

WE GOT A WINNER. PAY THE FUCK UP

Are playing on normal mode or madhouse? If it's madhouse it's in the rec room on the 1F floor, you gotta use a acid bottle to unlock it.

This is a big guy imageboard, hotheads keep walking.

shieeet

You hit the nail on the head.

Interesting that they use a different voice actor, if it's supposed to be Chris. It used to be Roger Craig Smith.

Do you think because it was written by a westerner, they thought "who do re fans like? Chris redfield? Ok, sure, we'll make him appear at the end as fan service or something."

With the writer having worked on spec ops: the line I expected some 2deep4u shit, and berating the player for buying the game or being white and shit. I think he focused that shit on lucas and implied but never explicitly stated that ethan is infected. Which doesn't really seem that smart but considering half of the fucking people never made the fucking connection I guess its smarter than I thought it was.

Start with Resident Evil 4
Operation Raccoon City was bad, its only good feature was that it looked good

No I wont

I assume the "dinner" scene was the Bakers intentionally infecting Ethan. That's why Ma flips out that you aren't eating, and why Ps considers it your entry to the family. You don't see Evelyn until after that scene, right? And we know those organs they're eating are the bodies of those who didn't turn and just died outright (check the notes on the fridge). I'm trying to envision a scenario where Ethan isn't full of fungi after that and I'm just not seeing it.

Assuming the demo is (mostly) canon, Ethan HAS to be infected otherwise he'd die from being scratched/bit by the Molded like that sap in the demo. Besides, you can't hack a hand off and staple it back on: That's the fungi regeneration kicking in.

Waitasec. Mia and Ethan both don't see the door in the basement. It's possible the door was boarded up and removed later. but if it IS a hallucination that raises further questions…

Game moves a little slow and the shift in tone in Act 3 is a bit much - but I still really liked it. There's shades of Hills Have Eyes, Saw, Evil Dead 2 and Body Snatchers which keep it from getting too stale until it just becomes a weird F.E.A.R. sequel for an hour. Aside from a cinematic ending the boss battles were great. Speed Running/Repeat Plays will get tedious with all the scripted set pieces, but I'm willing to try it again on hard and try to find all the coins I missed the first time through.

A few characters vanish for no good reason other than (((DLC))) but everything important seems settled by the end of it. I honestly hate that I'm excited to see what DLC is coming out' but I liked the VHS tapes - short, sweet, and unpredictable - and if I had one major complaint it's that such a clever mechanic only gets used a few times.

holy shit good fucking luck buddy
the game changes up enemy spawn locations and what triggers them, expects you to constantly take apart items for the chemicals, treats ammo like a hidden collectable
and of course limited saves
I'm not saying its not enjoyably brutal, but I am saying I'm fucking terrified just going down to the basement for the first time

The thing I'm curious about with the dinner scene is that Lucas loses his arm, but gets it back. We find out later at the end of the game that he's actually been cured by the umbrella corps guys and has been sending them back info on E-001. It also explains why you never fought him, because he's sane enough to get out of the way of your murder rampage once his plan to kill you fails. So do you keep your regenerative powers even when you've been cured?

Hell I hope it does, so the other anons who don't want to pay for it can play it and have fun.

Well that is just weak. Playing it on Easy Mode.

Dude keep calm.
The enemies just have their walking animations sped up, rather than making them actually run which, would have looked much better than seeing them waddle like fucking penguins at high speed.
And enemy triggers when collecting or activating items, that shit just becomes tedious when you die and have to repeat the scene constantly.
One thing I would have rather liked to keep during New Games would be the inventory space.
Oh and fucking insta-spawn when you know he's in one section of the house guarding shit and then magically appears in a part of the house just to fuck with you for no good reason.

So is Lucas infected or not? In one of the collectible notes he insists he isnt

He's not, umbrella corps or someone else related to umbrella cured him so he could send back info on E-001Eveline

roll I guess

Too late.

>Save Mia and beat the game
>Reload save to choose Zoe
>Zoe dies 3 minutes later
>Play as Mia anyways
>Nothing changes except I kill her
Why even have a choice at all.

By the way OP still hasn't delivered.
It's a shit game but still.

dunno which post its atm but ROLLING

we get 1 re-roll right

Sounds like 7 is more of a return to form compared to the Revelations spinoffs.

They state that the serum doesn't actually purge the infection from you, it just makes it so that eveline can't dig into your mind and fuck you up. Lucas was merely pretending to be insane just so Eveline wouldn't mess around with him. The only person Eveline ever physically controls is Mia, probably because they have a bond.

As for when ethan was infected, I believe it happens between getting knocked out by Jack at the start and waking up at the table. As we know from the files, they bakers infect people and then keep a close eye on them to see if they are turning, he was probably infected and wasn't turning. Maybe the codex on his wrist has something to do with that? Either way, his infection explains why Zoe was able to reattach his hand before he was taken to the dinner table.

CPY just cracked it. layer13.net/rls?id=7682229

someone already won like two days ago, retard

Is Resident Evil HD Remaster good? Does it retain everything from the past games or is it shit like Tony Hawk Remaster.

Bumping, really like to know wether it's accurate to the old ones.

REmake is the best RE game.

What makes it so?

It's a recreation of RE1 but better in every way.

Nice, I'll get it then. Also how does the HD remake compare to this?

Haven't played RE7 on Madhouse so I can't say, but RE1 is way more tense, scary, and conserving your ammo is vitally important.

NONO I'm asking for comparison to Resident Evil HD Remake to Resident Evil Gamecube REmake.

Resident Evil 7 MADHOUSE is much more tense than vanilla re7. Item placement has switched. They're also scarce but fairly placed. Crawlers are still a bitch.

HD Remake is identical except it looks better.

Denuvo gotta refund that shit.

this. it literally just adds widescreen and higher resolution. it also adds a couple new costumes for Chris and Jill they're their BSAA outfits, complete with Chris's watermelon biceps, otherwise it's completely unchanged from the gamecube remake

I wonder if Eveline biting the dust at the end of the game makes it so that Ethan wouldn't even need a precautionary serum. I thought it was weird that no attempt was made to get a serum for Ethan by game's end, but if the actual leader of the mold-creatures being dead makes the virus less of a threat, I could see Ethan being somewhat like Sherry Birkin in RE6, free of bad side effects, but gets to keep regen.

an "Ethan W." was mentioned in a file in RE5 as having access to level 9 umbrella security, so he might have been immunized beforehand or something

There's no guarantee that RE7 Ethan is the same as RE5's Ethan W. For one, Mia everything she did entirely secret. Two, he didn't immediately recognize the sort of effects the mold/virus had one the Bakers and the area, which would conflict with the whole security clearance level thing.

The only thing that might corroborate this is his reaction to seeing the Umbrella Corp. fellows drop in, but the phrase he used could've just been a sort of 'thank god fucking professionals are on site' thing.

seems like a stretch; Ethan is a pretty uncommon name (especially in RE) and sharing both a first name a last initial seem really suspicious to me. that said i'm more just impressed that after the story abortions that were re5 and re6 (not even counting the truly horrifying spinoffs) they've finally done something with the RE7 story to make me want to know the whole score again

If that is Chris, That would make me a little happy, since this looks a lot closer to his original appearance, and not that ducking roided-out monstrosity from 5.

As a side note,does Lucas look familiar to anyone else? I can't put my finger on it, but I KNOW they're somehow related to vidya.

Huh. I was thinking that he looked like if mew2king was a crack head. That result is evidently Adam Sessler. Which makes a lot of sense really.

Ethan definitely talks as if this isn't his first rodeo, and his proper firearm handling suggests to me that he has some familiarity with BOWs. Also his dialogue at parts definitely goes with the theory that he isn't particularly shocked by any of the things he comes across, except for some mutations that catch him off guard.

It does add a 'Very Easy' difficulty, though. Not worth trying unless you really suck however.

I'm liking the little details when it comes to the weapons: The handgun's slide stays back if you have no bullets left (handy if you like to play with no HUD), and reloading the shotgun requires doing it shell by shell, none of this 'two shells and it's fully loaded' nonsense.

Another neat detail is that you can hear the shells rattling around in the magazine for the Pump Shotgun which is nice, although I prefer the over/under shotgun.

One thing that triggers me a little is that the handguns don't have proper hammers. The hammers should be cocked after the first shot. Everything is nice a meaty though and I love that spent casings will bounce off walls and objects. I'm up to my third playthrough now and it's nice to be playing a real RE game again, the little references to the early games is much appreciated too (Arklay Mountains photo, article talking about the Raccoon City incident, RE3 menu sounds on keypads)

double nigs

Running up through the salt mine at the end with that thing is so much fun, the tight spread with the high damage lets you mow throw people with enough time to reload before you reach the next molded.

through*

I really wish there was at least one more broken weapon in the game so that players would have to decide what gun they would use their limited repair kits on. In my playthroughs now I completely ignore the pump shotgun and just grab the over/under and use the crawlspace kit on that.

I just finished this, and can't stop wondering what the fuck was wrong with the house.
If they did all they did because of the infection and the litle girl telling them what to do, why did they have a clownhouse? it had a fucking morgue in the basement, thats not normal.

It's implied that the father & lucas built some of it, while other parts were built by Trevor & co. which I assume is just an extended branch of umbrella.

I honestly thought that was one of the things that this game nailed more then anything else, was the house itself.If you've ever been to one of those old-timey sotuhern plantation mansions, you would see that the mansion in RE7 is a pretty faithful re-creation. The house you initially start in, as well as the house featured in the demo is the guest house, followed by the main mansion, and the barn. The house itself is boarded up mostly due to a recent storm, with the old house (The section where you play as mia and alter ethan) being heavily damaged by the storm, serving as the original house. The entire section against Lucas takes place in a barn they appear to be renovating, that Lucas has converted into a playhouse to play with victims that the Baker family finds. This happens after his infection I assume, though Lucas does seem to have been somewhat evil from the onset The birthday trap is what killed Clancy, and that roasted corpse you find is his, and it's implied that Clancy isn't the first person to die in Lucas' play house.

It's hinted that the mansion itself was designed by Trevor and Chamberlain constructions, whom was the same guy that designed the mansion from the first game. This would serve to explain the reason why the house has many weird crawlspaces and light puzzles.

The only thing I can't adequately explain, are the Incinerators (The morgue as you put it) and the dissection room. I guess if you want to stretch, the dissection room maybe have originally been intended as an operating room for sick animals.