Relaxing video game recommendations

Looking over my backlog recently I didn't realize how many games in my library were shooters, action games, horror games, just really fast paced shit. Having recently tried Valhalla on Steam though I'm starting to feel comfy thanks to the soundtrack, setting, and characters, and it's making me long for a more relaxing video game. Doesn't have to be just VNs, but something with a calming OST, a slower pace, or an easy game is what I'm looking for right now.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/xe0SW
archive.is/L9cFD
newgrounds.com/portal/view/428634
minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1278956-custom-npcs
www100.zippyshare.com/v/xVSwpFMu/file.html
corsixth.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I personally like to play minecraft while listening to classical music. I can do what I want, no objective, and it allows me to think.

inb4 autism

Limbo's easy and comfy. The new game by the dev is probably similar.

As long as its relaxing, it cant be bad.

Not gonna lie, Minecraft has been my go-to since infdev.

I've never felt greater solitude than in that game, and it's what keeps me going back.

That game is the stuff of dreams to me.

For all it's worth current starbound does give me comfy relaxation once in a while. But it took so long to even get to this point I can't justify purchasing it. just pirate it.

I filled Skyrim with so many mods it's unrecognizable. It's to the point I don't have the default quest journal and have to manually write down potential quests in an ingame journal which I also write musings in. I've added the Frostfall and campfire mods so I can turn it into a camping simulator. With ENB effects, better skies, lighting, fog and what-not. Picked up unique follower mods. No real objective but I ride around in a caravan, camping where I go, taking advantage of a merchantile mod as a traveling trader/mercenary band with ultra comfy camping where resting goes in standard game-time so you can watch the stars and shit.

Oh and new vegas I guess. I had a great time with it regardless of all the action. It's just a great game I can immerse myself in and that somehow leads to comfy times. Even if it is buggy as all fuck.

This might sound strange, but I like to play realistic/technical racing games (like Forza and GT) while listening to my own music. Just cruising around the tracks on time trial. I find very methodical things relaxing.
Yume Nikki and it's various offshoots can be pretty relaxing. Just wandering around a pretty/weird environment and listening to hypnotic loops. LCDem is a great one.
Also any game with a friendly atmosphere or nice characters. Kirby and Shantae come to mind.

Yeah, immersive games are good. Any game where you can just play it without worrying about a goal or strict timed condition. Just exploring is nice.

I go back to Starbound every few months. It really is incredibly comfy.

Stardew Valley is pretty comfy, as is Banished.

I've been suspicious about this game since journos gave it really good scores and it looks anime as shit. What's the deal with this game?

I got that on humble bundle.
I see it from a gameplay perspective as just a really casual version of Bar Oasis, the best smartphone game in my opinion because it uses the motion sensor in the phone to pour and shake drinks.
I'm ok with a casual Bar Oasis.
I believe they did the best thing an indie game can do which is have a really really nice soundtrack.

Hotline Miami for example, despite its gameplay is hardly noteworth without it's soundtrack.
It is like that movie adage of "Audio is 50% of a movie.

Vallhalla knocked it out of the park and I expect to listen to its soundtrack in the future many many times.

Oh and I guess my recommendation would be Bar Oasis despite its lackluster soundtrack, it is pretty comfy.
Or just watch BAR-TIMES videos on youtube.

rhythm games are super comfy
until you go past like 300bpm

It's got lesbians.

But actually though, the devs are most likely part of the clique. Pic related, you can buy a figure of the protag from YIIK, a.k.a. the "Postmodern RPG." Now that's not really solid evidence, and frankly I don't know jack shit about the devs, but if this was just regular indie dickriding, I'd expect that figure to be Shovel Knight. Shit like that makes me conflicted, because I actually really like the VN.

Controller required to relax and unwind while sitting comfortably.
Emulators, any game.
I said this in the other thread about aesthetic, but Legos: LOTR is very relaxing with a controller. Also, try Recettear. It can get stressful maintaining quotas though. Pokemon games? I've only really played red & blue a lot, but it is "relaxing". Same with hand helds. If you have a GBA or DS still, try getting a new game or playing your old classics.

Sometimes relaxing can be muscle memory - playing something you've already played years ago.

That game is a fucking masterpiece, it's like killer7 indie hipster game and if you haven't played an obscure game like killer7, then it's like uh earthbound but for grown ups!

Not a terrible game but the devs are huge fucking cucks. They said "they could do better" when some landwhale lesbian "professional blogger" legbeard said their game was somewhat problematic because it had lesbians written by men in it.

I know what you're doing, but it's not even out yet.

From what I've read it was made by a bunch of hue weebs.

I personally like it because even though its a basic VN its a bartender sim in a sci-fi setting. Serving drinkings while listening to what the regulars had to say is relaxing, and the soundtrack is worth a listen if nothing else.

help

What in the goddamn happened? Does the game not recognize 1366 x 768 monitors? Try to run it in windowed mode i guess since the resolution is 1280 x 720.

get these between black screens

In a computer chair in front of a keyboard and mouse, I lounge back and stretch my arms to reach the controls, until I eventually slide out of my chair entirely and have to reset myself. This is a relaxation position for me.

Endless Legend has a pretty nice atmosphere, if you're the kind of autist who finds turn based 4x strategy games relaxing.

get a 1920x1080 monitor,
run the game
screenshot it make sure its a proper screenshot
wallpaper material.

please explain

it's cancer and you're cancer if you like it. the devs are kool-aid chugging faggots of the highest order.
archive.is/xe0SW
archive.is/L9cFD

there's an entire fake news article in-game sucking off y2k, pic related

In fairness the devs had the same publisher as Yiik, so it was probably a not subtle jab. Even then though the game already has loads of raunchy shit in it still unchanged so I dont see the problem, I didnt even know half this shit when I started playing, it was just an after the fact deal.

Says the pro-censorship cuckold.

I didnt even know what this game was about until I started playing it, I didnt even know half the shit changed or not in the game. Even then though the game is enjoyable, so I dont see why you're so bitter.

Even the demo of that game is too much cancer to take. The mechanics are just as garbage as the theme and presentation. Are they seriously getting a console release?

Censorship outweighs any other concerns. Fuck off with your apologizing.

You gotta elaborate on what was censored and how it even effects the game. I'm trying to talk to ya, to learn from your perspective.

Venezuelan weebs, not that my country doesn't have it's fair of weebs either.

I too am very curious, there's a fucking lolibot in this game, a loli prostitute bot that tells explicit tales of getting her underage-designed pussy pounded. I have no idea how farther they could have gone.

you got a mod list? sounds pretty nice

Not from huezil, I know every single that comes out from my country. If I remember correctly they are from Venezuela, which is also a commie country, but in a more advanced state.

This is the only acceptable bartender game.
newgrounds.com/portal/view/428634

Lots of countries in I guess third world countries seem to have weebs with far different tastes than the ones in North America. Kinda interesting to compare the differences.

As for that user I genuinely dont get what he's talking about, maybe he's one of the people who takes censorship to a rediculous level but there's loads of characters in the game like the lolibot you mentioned, Streamer-chan, and one of Alma's exs.

Oh, I see, though Venezuela was part of Brazil. I've only ever been to El Salvador and Guatemala, I know jack about South America.

Thought*

The reason for the YIIK shilling is because they signed on with Yick's publishers so that they could get funding for the project. They are Venezuelans and live in a modern dystopia. Chances are they will never see the light of day because they are content creators and the government keeps them trapped in their country for that reason.

Pic related. Venezuela: Not Even Once

DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS
You are welcome.

Fuuuck I really want to play Valhalla but I heard the girls aren't virgins and have relationships etc.

Is that DQ Mineycrafta or is there more to it?

The lolibot sure as fuck isn't.

Anyone got a torrent? This game seems interesting but I dunno

You're a pathetic waste of space, please just die.

It focuses heavily on the story at the expense of the mechanics.

>>>/incels/

>he wants to play a game read a VN for the sole purpose of getting a pure new waifu
For shame.

why are we here

only to suffer?

I can't relax with them. The atmosphere have too much suspense. I expect a jump scare every now and then, not to mention that some scenery is not just weird, is unsettling. I was really nervous when I came across the body of the guy in the infinite highway, not to mention that the highway itself is fucking scary. And the hell maze, god damn…
I actually do that but with less technical games like Need for Speed underground 2. Also, those truck games are a good choice too.

I'LL BE DAMNED
Those faggots must be swimming in money, if the government doesn't steal it from them first.

Latin American weebs grew up with something more close to the source material. Anime was really big here back in the 80s-90s as well.

Fuck, I was feeling a little bit nostalgic so I decided to play some Ultimate Spiderman and it's the most amazingly relaxing game I've played in quite a while, specially while listening to embed related.
Just swinging around the city, saving civilians and shit, now that's fucking relaxing.

If you like VN's it's worth a pirate. It's comfy with some chan pandering and not really any gameplay.

Far out vallhalla was comfy. The only problem is how unfinished it feels- especially near the end. They must have had some kind of development issues. But the drink making, lesbian talk, image board simulator and overall setting and characters made it a treat to play.

And jesus christ some of those references. Venezuelans are cheeky bastards i tell you what.

Monster Hunter and Resident Evil are comfy as fuck to me despite the whole hunting monsters and fighting zombies bit.

I've been near the devs and their shitty discord.
They're not. They're retarded fucks that can't take a staunch stance on anything and want to be "Neutral"(See: Response to that tumblr post)

I guarantee you, if they were smart, they wouldn't be in Memezuela.

Now that's cyberpunk.

Stop wasting oxygen and die already.

fuck off

post a link then

This thread is cancer

Is Holla Forums's only beef with Valhalla that its devs are cucks?

The writing and the humour (to some extent) are pretty chan-core (for lack of a better word). I don't see any problem with it. So far at least, only on Day 4.
Does it suck later on?

Am I just the perfect target demographic (Holla Forums + /a/ + /u/ + faggot) for this game? Or am I just a big faggot?

You're a big faggot either way (exactly like me), though it's a sign that you haven't let your opinions and tastes be completely dictated by the hivemind

I like Valhalla. Its not a game though. Its a visual novel.

this please. game = games
VNs = VNs
VNs =/= games
just like with "transwomen" and women

I want to marry Stella!

I just want to be the little robot prostitute with illegal mods.

elaborate

Gravity Rush 2 is the best Spiderman game to come out in years. :^)

If you think there's somehow more mechanics in it than a bog standard non-game VN then you've been deluded by the game. Which is to the game's credit, but there really is nothing there. 99% of the drinks mixed makes no difference and the last 1% is just to get more CGs at the end.

That's about the same amount of mechanics in any match-3 game. Not sure what the problem is, unless you don't think match-3 games are games.

That's probably because the dev used to be /agdg/ before getting corrupted by the sjw clique
You can force yourself to leave but the user in you never will.That is the true reason why we will be here forever.
May we one day ascend to the promised chan.

Post screenshots of said humor. I want to see the lolibot, but I wont download a whole game just to fap a little to an underage robot.

Racing games with low powered cars.

I am afraid I cant actually help you with that user
I didn't actually play the game,I just remember the guy from back when he still posted development here

The X games, they aren't particularly easy but they are slow and calming.

I wish but I don't have any screenshots on me. Plus there's 0 lewd artwork, it's just explicitly mentioned.

do you have screens of the dev's posts?

gib manneto of gaem

Reading off a list is not "match 3". Seriously. What is your obsession with calling it a game? Why is that so important to you?

the scene in those tumblr posts was still in the game when I played it
this was after the posts in question were made

City Builders or games centered around automation. By which I mean games that play themselves and unless you fuck up something you will be fine. There is nothing more satisfying and relaxing for me than building stuff and looking at how it works.
Stuff like Minecraft FTB or Factorio. Especially FTB as it has quite nice amount of content besides automatic your base.

FTB is godtier

Is there a mod about creating pocket dimensions and traveling to parallel ones?

Multiple. All I know:

Mystcraft, RFtools Dimension allows you to make essentially mining worlds where you customize what is created but very often it just ends up being boring, these would be closest to pocket dimensions.
Witchery has Spirit World that is your games overworld but parallel, I don't remember what you did in it.
Runic Dungeons is pretty simple dungeon mod but it is still worthy to mention.
Aether is new sky world you can explore. Twilight Forest also adds new dimension with bosses and new biomes for you to explore. If you want to explore actual new dimensions these are two good ones.
Galactic craft might also be considered such, but instead of creating dimensions you travel to other planers.

Because of stuff like this Factorio loses. It is objectively better game but it is only one thing. Minecraft is pretty much jack of all trades in terms of modding platform.
You can literally write yourself a friend in Minecraft:
minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1278956-custom-npcs

I was thinking about making a mod that made the player able to travel to parallel dimensions that generate as a normal minecraft overworld. The player could bend said dimensions over a four dimensional plane to create hyperdimensional bubbles in which he could be able to build. Then he could build energy generating machines (the ones from Red energy, as an example) and ouput it to another dimension. The player could move energy between dimensions and also can create new "pocket dimensions".

To travel to other dimensions, the player should ascend to a 4dimensional dimension (that acts as a node to all), and find a portal that lets him enter to a parallel dimension. There would be eldrich monstrosities patrolling said 4dimensional plane.

www100.zippyshare.com/v/xVSwpFMu/file.html

Here is mannet for OPs game

i like playing hotline miami while slamming cocaine, vodka and redbulls

Loser

Dorothy best for fugg and orgies.
Stella best for marry.
Alma I dunno. Something in-between or both.
Jill best for friend (and drinking/smoking in the kitchen being your personal psychiatrist) or sister.

Boss best boss.

SS13

Seems boring at first. The fun begins when you start building complex train rails with multiple trains sharing the same rails that connect and disconnect out to different factories etc. It is a game I always come back to since it was new (the original).

corsixth.com/

A freeware rebuild of Theme Hospital for modern systems (requires the game though).

Poker Night 2. Comfy as fuck game

I like to go full takumi in nfsu2 though i'm quite rusty since my last major attempt.

Kek. So this was indeed done in Venezuela.

This happens to me too, what do?

This will probably sound weird but I really find the *Souls games and Bloodborne relaxing. Once you figure out the basic mechanics it's oddly comfortable.

Well, with Dark Souls 1, the scenery is so beautiful, you can't help but feel relaxed, specially if you already know the place. You can just move with easy since you know what enemies are ahead, specially if you have good gear and move through underlevel areas. Firelink Shrine and the whole Undead Burg is pretty relaxing to go through.

I like to play Doshin the Giant whenever I'm feeling stressed. I mostly just go around terrorizing the islanders. I find it relaxing as fuck.

please help

YIIK is just the same publisher.
they were actually posting on /agdg/ some time ago, not sure if any posts recently though.

Element4l is pretty damn comfy. Get's surprisingly challenging too.

The trailer makes it out to be a little more pretentious then it actually is but it's also the best sample of gameplay, so.