What's good in 20XX

So here's the thing. A lot of people are calling modern vidya shit without actually having played much of modern video games, AAA sewage aside. So post some good vidya from the modern age, keeping these rules in mind:
Doesn't have to be a literal 10/10 that no one played but is totally a flawless game, just what you thought was enjoyable enough to warrant a shot.

e63fc3563be74ffcd49158cbec75419cba23b853
3D beat em up. Is pretty fun and is quite the challenge too with enemies that will kick your ass sideways starting with the third act of the game. Has some moments of bullshit(four levels plus the final boss) but kung fu-ing the shit out of people is great and so is timing your chi moves against enemy chi moves. Also has local co-op versus and the normal campaign can be played in co-op as well.

//#!xIMhwSYQ!ok2eA6Yut8AKqXIBOGVyBKrDz7X6NQFOPY8_ZO9r2TM
2D platformer set in ancient egypt. Great music and gameplay, nice humor and is also quite the challenge especially near the end. Has a couple of secret bosses, a second playable character(who is a baller ninja turtle in a suit who's superb in the boss rush) and some metroidvania shit, also near the end you get an upgrade that lets you parry that makes the game a lot more deep and more fun since you can wreck boss's shit without even needing to distance yourself. Did I mention one of the sub weapons is literally Star Platinum and it's also fucking fun to use since it can hit bosses while they're in their intro animation? As well as a super secret move that wipes the floor with just about everything and takes a fighting game input?
My only issues with the game is the controls for dashing and bringing up the map cannot be changed(attack+jump, up twice, respectively) and stage 5 kind of drags on since it has no checkpoints so you can't exit it.

Have fun and keep it vidya.

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/uc?id=0B87Es_F3DStFdGdBOS1WeXRYM3M
emuparadise.me/Nintendo_Game_Boy_ROMs/Mario's_Picross_(USA,_Europe)/69161-download
mega.nz/#!VNhHxSha!qmacquoMiFteFgCZJR6Dqe02jfKU-IHGtxEj7jqJ_gk
docs.google.com/uc?id=0B0E6Vh1HXMh4RTd6SG5Na25aUXc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

would've been better if you just said 201X, but I'll dig you some games

Thought were talking about the game 20XX. Was that ever a good attempt at being a MMX game, or did it die?

I'll fill in for the ones I've played

docs.google.com/uc?id=0B87Es_F3DStFdGdBOS1WeXRYM3M
2D brawler with a focus on juggling and launching enemies.

c3d81574111e4563c33cc5499db609f51490d2e2
3D speedrunner, haven't got far into it but the sense of speed and resource management is great

cfc961c3ac9265d317d345a861e766a8f723d79e
2D stealth game, bit linear for my taste but the gameplay is breddy gud.

I've yet to play it but I hear it's good. No sense playing it until it's out of EA though.

What can I say? It's Castlevania. I think it's known for being a bit harder than the other DSvanias. Has many stages outside the classic castle setting.
Warioware but with lots of weird hand gestures and motions.Funny to play with friends.
Probably outclassed by later titles like 4U and disliked by some for having less content than FU, but it's the one that always stuck in my mind. Comfy home town, great maps and Zinogre is the flagship mon. There's even a HD mod on PC.
Technically a remake of Ys III, but it counts, so fuck it.
You make cute outfits for cute girls. What more could you want, faggot? In this one you can even give them a haircut or give them clown make-up. FYI: western versions are BLACKED

Fuck that. Have a torrent?

Catgirl without salad [Aarrg] #F!3kEmxIhB!Zbwp61Pn-AU2KtjDs6GpCg Cat Girl Without Salad: Amuse-Bouche [Chaika Chaika] #!Q5YnGTyZ!wV8ysVhxni-1kh_XipUGJgcn_WC_Uv2cXnkEcAUWbMk

here you go amigo, oh and I should say code of princess has a pc port and it's like a nice beat em up where you can play almost every character in the game including the enemies

Bumping.

//#!RgFQBSyY!3Rs7HFcr_50Z-Vf_PrOCSc5mn7n8i47ElnynN0jcVns
RTS-lite, you're given a squad of 5-10 marines and are told to capture points while facing endlessly respawning aliens. The deal is that you have to fight your way through every hive and capture it and eventually destroy all hives. It's a blast but it's kind of repetitive after a while, and every map starts off really slow.

Picross. It's a simple puzzle game that plays like an inverse Sudoku. You have a grid with numbers around the edges which describe how each row or column is filled, and you have to fill in the grid to satisfy it. Once you get the hang of it it's a great timewaster. The 3DS series is beyond 2007, and brings loads of control improvements, so it counts.
Best version is the Picross e series on 3DS. I won't post a link because they're easy as fuck to pirate. If you don't want to pirate for whatever reason just get Pokemon Picross, it's F2P.
If you don't have a 3DS here's Mario's Picross, for the gameboy. It's a good version, and all you miss out on is touch controls: emuparadise.me/Nintendo_Game_Boy_ROMs/Mario's_Picross_(USA,_Europe)/69161-download

#BlockLivesMatter. It was going to be a neat indie shooter based on cubes, but their choice of theme had lots of people angry so they took it down. It's just a demo, but it's fun enough.
mega.nz/#!VNhHxSha!qmacquoMiFteFgCZJR6Dqe02jfKU-IHGtxEj7jqJ_gk

Thanks for the bump and I hope this thread proves you wrong.

//#!w8sxQYja!eaBlUB-puR-D291E-3DnJNuiEUA0XxdH8nEKAVcnULU
From the developers of Crimsonland comes a roguelite murder factory twin stick shooter. Use lots of weapons and augmentations to fuck everything up. Has some decent technology going for it too like destructible environments and light/dark stealth(but only for one class)

docs.google.com/uc?id=0B0E6Vh1HXMh4RTd6SG5Na25aUXc
Probably the best twin stick shooter I've played. 9 characters, great music by Jeff Van Dyck of Total War fame, lots of shit to kill and lots of replayability. If you aren't going for S+ ranks for all 9 characters you'll probably not enjoy this game much, since it's not much of a challenge otherwise, but it's a fantastic game.

lurk more pls

That game is centuries old dingus.

Out of curiosity have you played any of the games posted in this thread?

mein negro

These are games that hit the right notes with me.

I can't send links, since I don't have any. But I do encourage people to buy these games. They were great, and mostly are self published.

How was i supposed to use magnet links again?
pls no bully i didn't use torrent in a long time

If you are curious about distance since it's in early access the predecessor Nitronic Rush is freeware and is pretty good as well.

I'm not the quickest to call people shills but what the fuck? This has to be a shill.
The guy is recommending an early access that has no chance of ever being better than the completely free game it's based on and that the developers have already stated they're never going to make the multiplayer good (they don't intend on fixing skips). And the track design itself is shit not only on the developer-made tracks but specially on the community ones.
The second one is literally a glorified newgrounds game in many ways inferior to any flash tower defense game and costs 15 dollars
The third is fucking iphone appstore-tier shovelware
The 4th is a touhou clone cashgrab

He's right though. Not a single good game came out in 2016 or 2015.

Get a torrent client that supports it. I'd go for Qbittorrent, but others work too. Anything except utorrent.
Copy the magnet link and paste it into the torrent client directly. It should pick it up. If it doesn't you might need a magnet:// or whatever at the front.

Hold up you are right, it really is really a shill. First off it is obvious the guy is not even from here but he actually expects anons to buy those piles of shit

Distance is in Early Access and that is a downside. But the funny part is how much content the game already have. But that's a good advice. I think people managed to put multiplayer on Nitronic Rush too.

I see you saw the trailers but never really played any of them. You are a funny. A funny!

From what I hear Distance has some amazing content creation so I suppose later on it will have levels as good as the hardcore ones in NR. But until it's out of early access I can't get myself to play it, either I play it finished or I won't play it at all, it's why I haven't given Nelo or We Shall Wake or Ghost of a Tale a shot yet.

I've gotten some mileage out of Doom 4, Bloodborne, and Risk of Rain.

The time I spent in Doom's multi was way more enjoyable than the hundreds of hours I sank into trying to git gud at Blops 3 (you can't get good at such a fundamentally flawed MP design, or at least, CoD skills are not transferable to other shooters). The campaign is definitely not shit, but there some valid criticisms that make it only the 3rd best Doom game. Weapon upgrade and armor upgrade system is annoying, only having 16 enemies on map at a time is lame once you get strong enough to no longer be overwhelmed, Hell was disappointing. The gameplay feels really good and fast though and I'd recommend it if you can get it cheaply.

I have nothing bad to say about Risk of Rain. I just wish there was more of it.

Bloodborne is amazing and is the only game I have ever bought DLC for in my life. After about 200 hours or so you're ready to do something else though.

I'm looking forward to getting a cheap copy of Titanfall 2 in a week or two.

They're called Holla Forums and/or newfags trying to fit in.

La-Mulana is a masterpiece and the perfect casual filter.

You're supposed to post good vidya you knobhead.

I didnt believe the elitist fags and i'am currently having a lot of fun with Dark Souls 3.

I seriously hope you didn't sincerely believe you would fit in with that shit.

I never said he wasn't right
Pic related

What the fuck are you talking about?

This game is known for it's quoteworthy villains, one particular villain in this enjoyable game proclaims he's fucking invincible.

Sounds like the devs are spineless faggots and the game would've gone down the shitter eventually anyway.

The game is entirely based on a topical political subject, of course the devs are abandoning it, it was made for the sole purpose of pissing some SJWs off and it worked so what else is there to be done?

Motherfucking EDF 4.1
It's the single most video gamey video game and if you don't like it then you don't know SHIT about video games.

I don't know much about it but my PC most likely won't be able to run it above 25 FPS and it looks like a multiplayer game so therefore it's shit.

My toaster runs it well, and it's pretty fun even in solo even though you aren't getting the full experience™
Pirate it and give it a shot and then wait for EDF5 or something

Single player, split-screen, and online co-op. Just fucking play it you fag.
That's how everyone played it up until the PC port.

user, listen, this is just a little tip. If you want to comment, try to at least, AT FUCKING LEAST, watch the trailer or read anything about the game.

>my download speed is 80 KB/s
Fine, I'm going in. This better be good, you faggots.

The only thing shit here is your taste.

How can I get paid to post on Holla Forums like you?

You mean, like:

The official statement is that one of the devs had to be hospitalized (illness) and they would resume development on further notice. Nothing spineless about it unless they're lying. What we got is decent though.