Wii U sold less units than the GameCube

Holla Forums How is this possible? Explain this shit to me!

good because i can get around 500 aud for wonderful 101, not 1k because it's an EU copy

Because the Wii U actually had a selection of good first party games in its lifetime. Only now are Microsoft and Sony finally getting real first-party exclusives

PS4 would have to have games worth a damn and no one cares about Xbone.

The first party exclusives for the PS4 and Xbox One were complete shit like Killer Instinct.

Hi Razorfist.
when are you going to stream Styx

Protip: literally no e-celeb even knows of Holla Forums and especially not Holla Forums Holla Forums.
No, the shitty nobodies you see popping up in the GG general ain't even e-celebs.

Who is mark dice and mundanematt? HELL mundanematt literally gave /cow/ a shout out yesterday. He often references Holla Forums in general.

He regularly post on Holla Forums and Holla Forums

Literally who?

Gun Jesus from forgotten weapons might hang out on /k/. He clearly aware of his /k/ fandom. He references them in the past.

He hangs out on 4chan /k/, you retard.
Additionally, he's been working recently on the new battlefield game, so he's on Holla Forums's shitlist.

Oh you mean Mundane "white girls fuck dogs" Matt ?

well, they do. White girls are fucked for the most part.

ps4 just got its first few good first party games, plus nintenautism

That's not the reason. The reason is nintenyearolds were desperate for any games on the system. It is hilarious how PS4 doesn't have any games because they aren't exclusive, but the Wii U had even less period.

meh, ps4 has had better exclusives in the past year than any other platform lately

cause drones will eat up shit to save their dying console. i mean if their were more limited editions of the console like the 3ds drones would buy another Wii u just cause its ok if nintendo does it

Consoles are dead.
Explained.

nah

Because people (read: not Holla Forums) are slowly deciding to stop being fucking retards and not buying cripplecomputers

The WiiU just has the best first party games period

Because Nintendo has historically had a very high attachment rate, couple that with the fact they put out more first party titles than the other two combined and you have the magical solution to your problem.

Most people with PS4s/Xbox One's don't buy first party games. Just shit like Battlefield 1 and Fallout 4.

The problem is they don't sell. Uncharted 4 old 2.7 million in a week and then completely flatlined and dropped out of the charts with 800k sold in the first month in the US and then a drop to 80k. Tons of copies were showing up on used store shelves that trade in value was awful even after a month because multiplayer had no staying power. Soon after, Sony started agressively bundling the game with every PS4 to the point where it's now almost impossible to buy a PS4 without it.

Sony's boasting 8.5 million now but over 50% are bundle copies they will never see revenue from unless the consumer buys a microtransaction in game (Especially since they killed the Season Pass and refunded it in favour of standalone games like the Chloe based Story) and there was internal changes at Naughty Dog that indicated something went wrong (Bruce Stanley is taking a sabatical. (((Neil Druckman))) is in charge of TLOU 2)

Also Gravity Rush 2 bombed massively recently. Shame because it was one of the only games that actually looked good but it just proves most sony fanboys boast about the exclusives but never buy them. I'd expect the same with Yakuza and NiOh (And Yakuza is a double edged sword for Sony fanboys because if it sells well on PS4. Sega would have no problem "Expanding the audience" and bringing it to PC)

Out of the two crippleboxes, Maybe Halo 5 sold the most at retail as in actual retail copies. But out of the gen. Mario Kart 8 sold the most at retail without needing bundles. Wii U might have been Nintendo's worst console since the Virtual Boy but the line up was Top notch.

>Wii U might have been Nintendo's worst console since the Virtual Boy but the line up was Top notch

I must be out of the loop lately, because that sentence doesn't make any sense to me.

I guess I relate more to people like James Rolfe.

The last time Nintendo had a "normal" console was the snes. They've managed to survive due to their first party titles being so good which was something Sega couldn't fall back on.

Sega had an amazing 1st party through the years but the problem was that Sega killed Sega years before the Dreamcast (Which was the fastest selling console of all time till the PS2 launched) and all the 1st party classics in the world couldn't save them from going out of the console hardware business.

Also Bernie Stollar completely destroyed any chance of the Saturn competing by refusing to bring over many 2D games (Even though they were still doing hot in the arcades and people liked 2D) and that line up being bone dry. Especially when Sony money hatted Tomb Raider away from them.

I remember at the time Magazines being pissed Stollar refused to allow Grandia over or even let Working Designs have it despite it having amazing reviews and a lot of Japanese Magazines saying it was as good as FF VII (Less production values but the gameplay and battle system was way better).

Do you even math?

So doesn't seem so wrong, aye?

PDsaga would have been an ff7 killer, easily

almost all of the wii u's iteration of games were some of the least appealing of their kind. It's also difficult to track uncharted 4 units and bundle sales, and your numbers are from fucking vgchartz.

mario kart 8 also sold less copies than uncharted 4 in a much longer period of time, despite it also being a bundled game. Get your fucking facts and numbers straight, nintendrone.

Not that hard when most of the Wii U's console library was first party games.

yes, unfortunately tw101 and bayo2 did so poorly.

There are games on the Xbone and PS4?

Who?

That's because the wii u had splatoon, while the ps4 and xbox one still completely lack games.

Splatoon, what a wonderfull game!

I mean, at least it's not a mobile game I suppose. Or the 30th sequel in it's franchise.

PS4
Bloodborne
Maybe Infamous Second Son

Xbone
….

WiiU
Bayo 1 and 2 (or just 2 on its own)
Mario Kart
ZombiU (at least for a time)
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
Wonderful 101
Mario Sunshine World or whatever the fuck its called

This is from the top of my head. Nintendo at least get exclusives right, as they are the only real reason to own a console.

Because everything else released through WiiU is shit. So the ones who bought the system actually had no other option.

Even a shitty game like Fifa is even worse on the nintendo-system.

Simple. If there are no 3rd party games, you are stuck with 1st party titles. WiiU lineup was so dry (especially in the end) that any 1st party game released got sold in seconds. That's how Splatoon became "success" despite it being the worst multi shooter in recent years.

the dlc was periodic and free, retard.
if you mean the mcdonalds toys, then you're right

Woah, really?

Hates Holla Forums
Shit game

don't listen to the shills
lol

No.
I haven't played all of the wiiu games though so i don't know about the rest.

Matchmaking in general is fucking cancer, committing to a match encourages you to take the good with the bad (pretty sure it's that you can't quit a match once it's started), singleplayer is lacking in general and what you do in it doesn't really reflect online play, I sure as shit hope you're referring to amiibo because the on-disc stuff was free and released periodically

MK8 wasn't a bundle but it did come with a free download of Wind Waker HD. That pushed my cheap ass hard enough to pay sixty dollarydoos for it.

Even so, MK8 was pretty damn good apart from not having a proper battle mode.

I wonder how it would have done if it were released on Vita.

The N64 and Gamecube were normal consoles. GC maybe slightly less so.

Razorcuck has mentioned Holla Forums in one of his streams

Didnt even pay a dime for it

Even worse except for Japan where it would have sold more.

You mean unlockable stuff?

Thats because there aren't many first party titles available for PS4 and Xbone whereas the only thing on Wii U are first party titles.

i think he means the amiibos

This is how you spot a pleb, fellow anons.

Which have gear which is unlockable through other means. He's just being a fag.

Any retard knows that Nintendo focuses hugely on first party. They straight up produce more than Sony or MS since those titles give them huge throughput. They may only get one hardware sale but its a guaranteed dozen or so software titles to go on top. Neither Sony nor MS have that selling power when it comes to first party. Never have.

I don't know? I don't play that garbage.

I played Splatoon. It is crap compared to other shooters. Even though I'm always searching for next waifu-material-game, this was beyond redemption.

MP was good, despite technical issues. SP was shit and the game had a really interesting looking world that the SP should have let the player explore. MP's network issues were horrendous at times, you could play 90% of a round but get dropped in the last 10 seconds for seemingly no reason.

Despite the issues, MP was still some of the best arena shooting in a long time, just a shame it had those problems.

Then why buy a PS4?

I got W101 with because in Yurop there was a "2 gaems for 1" deal if you got it in the first month.
No regrets.

>>>/anywherebuthere/

Accessibility and convenience are just as if not more important than library. This is the primary reason for the past popularity of consoles over PCs for gaming and its eventual decline. Consoles used to be simple plug and play devices and had pretty simple control schemes. PCs on the other hand were mostly just used as workstations where getting games to run was often harder to do, the parts to run them being expensive with due to lack of demand, not to mention they restricted how you played them (just behind a desk). Of course these things started to change during the 6th gen and became serious trends starting from the mid-7th gen.

In recent times the gap has significantly shrunken. PCs have become much more accessible in terms of availability of parts and ease of getting and installing games. On the flip side consoles have gotten more restrictive and harder to use, gaining several of the inconveniences of PCs by opening up to multimedia and internet usage while not inheriting its benefits. Even the Wii U, which was still more plug-and-play than the other consoles, was fucked over by a gimmicky control scheme that wasn't immediately easy to use and communicate like the Wiimote, as well as poor developer accessibility with hardware. These changes saw the rise in sales for mid/high range PC hardware and the significantly lower number of home consoles being sold across all manufactures compared to previous gens (just over 3 years of the 7th gen saw over 100 million home consoles on the market yet after over 4 years of the 8th gen it's not much more than 90 million consoles). Some people will point to the rise of mobile gaming as a factor as well, but I feel like that's more related to the drop off in handheld console sales than home consoles sales.

The sales of the 8th gen look sort of similar to the 6th gen, but with worse performing Sony and Nintendo consoles. Somehow the Xbone didn't sell as bad as XboxHeug did, but probably only because of carryover 360 fans duped by it.

I never understood this kind of consoletard, what are you even on about? Did you know computer parts use cables that plug into your TV? Put one besides it or even on the floor and you got yourself a living room computer.
At least the rest of your post is right.

Maybe if you have shit taste
also
This explains the shit taste

Get better fucking Internet. No, seriously, the game is P2P with one host picked among the 8 players. If the connection is bad for you it means your connection or the host's connection is the problem. Also
Shit taste overflows in this thread considering it had the best boss fights in a Nintendo game in a long time.

because shit like grim dawn isn't on it and I can play good games like gravity rush 2 instead

the bossfights were pretty typical of nintendo, rule of 3's garbage with no room for experimentation. My network is fine, thank you. You may like super mario galaxy 2 style levels, but it became boring by the time super mario 3d land came out. I'd rather have levels that feel like real places and settings in an undeniably interesting world that nintendo failed to explore. Instead of seeing the potential it had, they just said "why even bother?" and delivered a half-assed SP.

That's not true. I'm Pewdiepie and I post on Holla Forums every day.

He's aware of /k/, but he apparently hates them.

Nice, now you can play a casual weebtrash pandering French refugee simulator on the side with Bloodborne.
Thank god that great games such as Uncharted 4 and The Last Guardian were released to make way for this masterpiece while we waited.
Truly Sony does it #4theplayers

Im a little lost. Do you mean individual titles that are first party? Because, yeah it's kind of ridiculous that neither Sony or Microsoft can put out more then a handful of exclusive titles.

If you mean total sold I don't believe you. Idiots are still sucking off shit like the last of us and master cheif re re remaster

and it's still better than numale warrior 2 and grim dawn lmao

That's an awful lot of but hurt. You okay buddy? You know it's okay for people to like things right?

And you got those, so what's the problem?

Splatoon was one of the few things Nintendo did right.
Even metroid wasn't ruined this fast.

Man I love the way inkopolis looks it's so interesting, all these floating platforms designed for a linear 3D platformer that totally represent the grounded city that inkopolis is represented in the far more thought out multiplayer modes.

nigger you are retarded

Fuckoff Rugga

Not in my neighborhood
We lynch people over that here

god im so glad they removed all the racism from lo wang, the old one was so outdated! He was an old man too! The new one is so much more chic. And the 80s music he likes and even comics too! He has a bat cave also like my favorite hero wow its so cool to be reminded of my mainstream pop culture interests. Aren't you glad they made a mediocre revival of a forgotten first person shooter and made the sequel have no real level design and borderlands weapons? That was such a good idea, I love borderlands, me and my Holla Forumsro's play it all the time!

That's because first party is all the wii u offered, on ps4 and even bone you have 3rd parties out the ass and more choice of game.

Still better than playing shit westcuck clicking simulators like Grim Dawn.

tbh i dunno why anyone plays diablo shit anyway, gauntlet legends and dark legacy exist.

Didn't the 3ds have a diablo clone in its launch line up?

I don't think so. I feel like you may be mistaking it for something else.

PC support for alternate control schemes and controllers was pretty bad up until MS got into console manufacturing and spreading it more, especially with the native 360 pad support on windows. On top of this if you didn't have too many TVs, moving your tower over to the living room just to play games is not ideal. And while Steam Machines were a incredibly stupid idea, in-house streaming was probably the best ideas Valve came up with to close the gap between console and PC accessibility, but they lack hardware that simply performs this without significant lag. Of course LCDs are now dirt cheap so it's not as big a deal anymore to have another TV next to your PC.

I am, it was this thing.
All I remember is getting bored with the demo back in 2012.

Oh man, the Nip region only yellow cocksucking weebshits.
Of course, who else but to think the PS4 and its lineup last year are good?

you do know you're posting a ps4 game right

Sup Pewdie.

Try again
In another thread

It doesn't mean it'll be good, it was a shit game and it will be a shit game anywhere. Just saying, it's also shit on consoles.

The only thing Sony had last yeqr that was worth giving a fuck about was KoFXIV while PC had several and nothing you say or do will change that Rugga.

well with killer hits like shadow warrior 2 and a diablo clone, you must be right.

I have a an autistic need to correct people spewing nonsense on purpose for some kind of self gratification, so here's a wall of text.
Completely wrong, Microsoft didn't invent generic controller APIs when they got into consoles. If anything the 360 pad actually made pc support WORSE because they introduced xinput and killed their own previous api called directinput (which by the way had already reached market monopoly), xinput being objectively inferior to directinput in every aspect and only supporting microsoft's own gamepads and their button/axis layout. With directinput you could make a pad and have something innovative like more buttons and as many axis as you wanted and then you would have games that could just automatically work with the right buttons correlating to the right inputs just like modern xinput games unless the controller's manufacturer deliberately to break that, of course the extra stuff would require rebinding and a rebinding but it's not the API's fault a developer doesn't have rebindable keys. With xinput it's different, first off you can only use the 360 and x1 pad, plus some logitech pads that i don't know how logitech didn't get into legal trouble with microsoft for making and second off it's literally a cut down directinput that only supports as many buttons and as many axes the 360/x1 pads have. In fact not only did they make the controller support worse with xinput, they killed the controler market because they actively paid developers to not use directinput, or directinput in conjunction to xinput so no games are compatible with competing controllers and the controller companies die
So wait a second, we're bringing TVs to the equation? You have to get a TV for the console, but when you have to get one for the computer it's suddenly an extra expense?
1/2

Are you not making sense on purpose? So when someone sticks a console on the living room everything is alright but when they stick a PC on the living room it's suddenly incoveninent? I'm going to assume you already have a PC because you use it for something productive, and you don't want it on the living room because it's clunky to use a mouse on a couch and the keyboard on your lap. So you go out, and you spend 300$ on a psquad and then you buyfag a bunch of games through their online store that are much more expensive than their PC versions and also by definition a worse experience. This is the part where i assume you haven't even played on a modern console, if you play a shooter the experience is just objectively shit on any game simply because it's not a PC, but just assume the examples i'm giving are exclusives because if we're talking multiplats then this entire thing is about me angrily talking to the wind and you just purposefully fucking yourself over and paying more for a worse experience and calling the PC worse because it's better. If you play a racing game you're stuck without a wheel and if you want one you'll have to get one that is locked to the console and probably costs 2 times what anything of similar quality does and will be dead weight once a new console comes. And so you end up in games where "keyboard on your lap being clunky" becomes "it's as the controller" comfortable like anything 2D or sudoku. If you look at any modern console exclusive release, it's either some shit RPG like bloodborne or objectively bad shooters (controls make it impossible for the game to be good, assuming the developer makes the aiming similar to the commonplace PC crosshair. GTA for instance was alright on the ps2 but it wasn't an exclusive and the PC version let you actually fucking aim and it was better on that principle alone although there are many more). And then you talk about being able to buy and play used games but you forget about how it involves actually going out and unless you live across the street from gamestop, travel (which costs money in itself). Or pending days negotiating used game purchases and deals that you would otherwise spend actually playing some fucking video games or working and making more money than you're "saving". And you're assuming they even have all games in existence when that's bullshit and in reality it'll either have a bunch of used copies of uncharted and madden, or full-price new games. In the end you spend time and money because of your own retardation instead of just getting a 300$ laptop (keep in mind if you don't get the console you'll have free online and cheaper and more games if you're a buyfag so the laptop itself could cost more than using the console in your living room and still save you cash, and then you also got yourself a semiportable that can also play your living room's machines) you can leave in your room or carry unless you're hotwheels.
2/2

lmoa

its was true all along you where all nintoddlers
template threads and shill threads are all that is left of this dying board.

also fuck cumstain matt
remember to turn off that pesky addblock

No, nigger, YOU'RE retarded and you clearly have never played the game.

Its Rugga