What went wrong?

What went wrong?

It was made

It exists.

It was created

Being a thing

not enough diversity

season 4 onward made the game braindead retarded along with the need to constantly rework every single fucking hero and item. shit game shit thread

game was braindead since day 1 since guinsoo could never make anything of value to save his life

It was fun in S2 and S3, but I don't know
there wasn't much depth and everyone whined too much. Also, since I played ADC, I had to click just a bit too much and I felt pain in my tendons after a while.

I don't know if they are still super anti-'toxicity' and all that stuff, but it clearly killed the fun, there is no way that a MOBA will ever have a good community, because the whole concept of a teamgame makes people be at each other's necks for every mistake.
It would have been better if they didn't listen to reddit (dev's, when will they learn) and just rolled on with a semi-decent report system.

Also, every meta hero felt the same in S4, with the same tools in their abilities (Nuke/waveclear, escape/mobility, passive).
I heard they are making good changes for this new season, but uh-uh nigga, I'm not touching that game again.

Bullshit. The game was always piss easy.

I played in season 2 and quit because they where releasing broken champions like Darius and Nautilus each week, then nerfing them by the time the next champion came in literally making the game P2W. I think what made me quit for good is when they turned twitch from a unique hero, so unique your teammates would ragequit since most kids fed as him even though if you could gank half decently he's OP as shit, to the typical AD carry.

I moved to dota when it was in beta just to see what it was like, and stayed because of the insane amounts of hero/item/spell variety. However, I quit that game to because it's been getting dumbed down over the years. I never realized how bad it was until I was reminded of the 125 gold TPs in the dota thread. They're literally balancing the game around everyones go-to strat, and the go-to strat is always the easiest one.

Your thread

/thread

I blame Jinx.

You might want to take that back.

Ever since Tencent bought them it was a steady decline onwards. All the decent devs either moved to Dawngate RIP or god knows where. Morello pozzed the shit out of that studio to the mess it is now. I at least have a lot of great memories with friends

The developers enforced the meta, rather than developing and letting the players handle the meta.

numale

That's every Moba though.

Same thing that's happening to Dota 2 right now

I never said anything about other mobas until now there is not a single well-made moba

Everything fun was removed from the game for the sake of competitiveness.

Overwatch exists now and is much easier to be "competitive" in. It's still plenty popular, but it's definitely on a decline now however slow it might be.

nothing ever went right

That bodes ill for Overwatch.

Except this one turd is free, overwatch will never be as popular unless it goes f2p.

Dubs

Go back to Reddit.

Are you autistic? What would this board look like if you were the BO? Literally everything can be a "Template thread" according to you.

le antisage

>>>/cuckchan/

What was his fucking problem?

>>>/reddit/

What an awful template thread!

You can probably add more to the template OP threads but I don't remember them all off the top of my head with OP just being a (1) advertising a shitty game, fucking shills.

I was in the thread but I keep forgetting
I think it was an Ace Combat thread, fuck.

Go back to >>>/cuckchan/ you fucking retard.

its trash

nevermind I was late on my post I'm retarded.

le antisage

>>>/reddit/

Existence.

oh yeah I think anthony "my sister thinks im insane, too!" burch is on the writing department for this game and the lore being written is just a paragraph compared to a full blown two worths of pages

>>>/reddit/

They ruined this elegant character. Fuck them.

nice

Everything, but namely
Just because someone is everyone's waifu doesn't mean they need to be the focus of balance updates every fucking month.

Everything went downward the moment that Tencent bought most of Riots stock (Karma rework, introduction of 7k ip champs on first week of release) And only took a nosedive after. Everything became MUH SKILLSHOTS ON SR and Riot took no interest in trying to fix or upgrade Dominion even though SR and TT had visual upgrades.

I played on Dominion for years until it was removed, I'm surprised I stuck around as long as I did. After they reworked Taric, my first and favorite champion, into whatever his awkward skillshot bullshit is now, I vowed to never download that garbage again.

Maybe as a meme, but nobody played them.

Posting the best Champion releases Riot ever done

Taric wasn't too bad despite Sona, Braum, and Bard always got more attention. He could actually play a different role besides support back in the day. Now you're more or less forced to be a support.

Taric top would be a monster if not for the fact that his early game was holy garbage. You'd need to be a last hitting god and god-tier mana management as well until you could get tear of the goddess. As the meta churned onward it just became less and less viable.

Don't fucking remind me. I fucking LOVED how you could skill focus one of her skills and get a completely different game depending on how you did it. She turned into a generic nuke make when they got finished with her, and don't get me started on the Trundle remodeling.

Also I'm not necessarily surprised to hear how they removed Dominion, it was a fun game mode once you learned how to play it but there was a learning curve, that's probably why no one wanted to fucking touch it. This is all proof that the Chinamen despoil everything they touch

Out of al Dota clones , HON was the better one but died because being moba and not being f2p was stupid as fuck,(seriously why the fuck anybody would play HON when in those days you could still find games relative quickly in wc3 bnet servers and inhouse leagues were still a thing, with the regards of the model, LOL being f2p , and a more fluid and simple gameplay managed to capture a decent market, also valve decision to release late on a clunky engage with a poor UI built on source did no good for them, Icefrog balance impact on the original dota are overrated by steam fanbois who never touched the original one , Release Kunkka and batrider were a fucking mess for god sake.

Just like CS GO is a poor man cs 1.6 in terms of gameplay Dota 2 is a poor man dota in terms of fluidity and gameplay. the fact that mmr and cosmetics make this game so popular just show that competitive gaming never went mainstream , E-sport is a entertainment sham , real competitive gaming was bw and quake 3 dota and cs 1.6 even thought they were really solid games they were never the pinacle of competitive gaming making the whole E-Sport thing that LOL supposedly have even more cringy to being with.

Having devs in charge of balance was a mistake see cod , the only cod that had anything that resembled a competitive enviroment was the one that the players run their own competitive scene and had their own version were tournaments were played , companies should have no say on balance period.

There's a difference between how units move in War3 and how they move in Dota 2, right?
I'm not crazy, right?

One of my friends learned Karma before the rework. She could get almost 100 AP just for losing most of her health. Throw a deathcap on top of that and her damage increased exponentially. Her whole kit was based around punishing those that would think that they could get away with diving someone with 300 hp. She could shield 75% of her bar at such low health numbers, then nuke whoever thought they were hot shit right after. It was amazing and I loved it.

And yeah, people couldn't understand that dominion was a gamemode that required quite a bit of thought to understand the strategy. Knowing where the enemy was going to be without wards available was important to ensuring that you could keep 3 capture points to keep the advantage. 3 enemies sitting on your mid? sneak out to theirs to distract them while your team goes back for yours then pushes top. Two people pushing bot against a lone laner? Push for top/their mid. You have the numbers advantage. Use it.

Christ, just thinking about it makes me angry. Dominion had a total of 4 updates since it released. There were a few bugs at the end of its lifetime, such as pseudo blinds not working on Quinn when she was reworked. I think that's what made Riot just say "well fuck it, we'll remove the damn thing." The fact that they released Definitely Not Dominion not even a few weeks after it was removed really pissed me off, though. Like they were saying "yeah we could have fixed this but we didn't but we did sorry not sorry." Fuck off with that shit.

Are you talking about pathing or the turn-rate? its the Turn rate that is different, the micro level you can reach on wc3 is vastly superior to the one you reach on dota 2 at the top level of play thanks to the source engine.

The turn rate. I've noticed that in Warcraft units execute an order basically immediately. If you select an archer and tell them to shoot someone behind them, they will draw and fire while turning, while in Dota 2 they have to turn around before they shoot.
Warcraft 3 ends up being much more responsive.

Cass, Morde, Rhyza, and even Soraka got the middle finger with their reworks.

Oh thank go-
Nope, you're all still fucking retarded.

Well, Broodwar was only patched by the devs honestly.
barebones Q3 was still balanced since your skill determined everything, I don't know if they changed anything or if the community made balance mods.

But agree that it should be a very selected community of high skill players that release the balance updates on Dota. Although people love to ride Icefrog's dick on how good his new items and reworks have been, they are absolutely stupid. The game should have a balanced meta that doesn't change with new shit every three months. People have been playing Melee for over 10 years and have discovered ways to counter Fox and keep characters like Puff viable, Broodwar is considered one of the most balanced games ever with almost every unit having a use. I don't know why ASSFAGGOTS have to change every three months fearing to become 'stale'.
Monkey King is broken, new items tend to be problematic (new hotd, dragon lance) and he makes meme changes that everyone 'should' love, sometimes ignoring OP heroes (Luna in this patch) or making a long absence like in that MoM Sniper/Troll patch that everyone hated. It doesn't help that any personality involved in Dota thinks of Valve and Icefrog as the 2nd coming of jesus.

It's funny how League of Legends stopped getting called Pay2Win after Hearthstone had been out for a while.
But I wouldn't dream of saying Holla Forums is full of casuals.

Dota players really have a high opinion about their game, lmao.

Even Hearthstone isn't pay to win. Several popular players have already proven that you can take a freshly-made account and make it to the highest rankings without spending a dime. Holla Forums as a whole can be incredibly stupid when it comes to both games. Instead of criticizing them based on their actual flaws, they invent fake ones to get mad about instead. This is the same Holla Forums that thinks World of Warcraft is pay to win.

HoTS is way more p2w than Lol because Blizzard is trying to force you to buy heroes and boosts to level your account. HoTS's grinds are a nightmare compared to Lol's because you literally need to play over a million games to get everything if you don't want to give Bobby Kotick your money.

People still play Third Strike, but the balance is complete shit; Super Turbo, however, is a little different because you can find some really good Hawks and Geifs.

Merlini, Sheever, Purge, Dendi, Arteezy, Waga, Pyrion Flax, and that fat unfunny faggot SirActionSlacks won't bite the hand that feeds them. Sheever loses her meal ticket if she says new Dota is shit now that she can't cling onto Bulldog's dick, and Arteezy would be an idiot to ruin his only opportunity to get paid to be a Dota lolcow. Youtube guys like Slacks, Purge, and Pyrion know they're fucked if Valve drops them.

SingSing and Bulldog don't get privileges like Arteezy and Sheever, so they can be more blunt about Dota being shit (You can tell Sing hates it, but he doesn't have a choice if he wants a gaming career).

I was a Sniper main, and I think this patch was partially the reason why I took a break from Dota before quitting for good. Sniper is still my main, but man fuck that patch.

You can't play the game without those mandatory cards, and there's a shit ton of rng. It's pay-to-win as fuck.

Fuck you Joanna. But you were only 18, can't blame you.

Said no one in Holla Forums ever. Go back to the Blizzard forums/reddit, sjw-fanboy-shill.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Plenty of players have done exactly that. The game has plenty of other things wrong with it, try focusing on those.

Reminder that terms like antifun, burden of knowledge, and toxic came from the developers of this game (the first 2 being excuses as to why the game has no depth), and anyone unironically using these terms should be relentlessly mocked for being buzzword spouting morons.

Anyone who uses the word 'toxic' never played War3 in its prime.

There's a reason why Antimage was called Antifun.

You men those expansion packs you need to buy with money to make said cards if you want to stay active, or those alternate heroes that are only available through real money? And the balance being shit?

you haven't played CS1.6 with southamerican pre-pubs.

Are you lumping the idea of expansion packs to games into the same category as pay to win content? You're ridiculous and those sweet numbers are wasted on you.

I've never played CS1.6
I'm an RTS guy.

If they have cards you need to have to win, then yes I am.

Online CG are cancer period .

THE FUTURE IS NOW

You forgot

not enough waifus and not nearly enough slutty skins for them. Also not nearly enough yordles.

Forcing a meta.
Guinsoo.
Being the Tumblr of video games.
Safe space shit.
"Toxicity."

The last 3 being the same thing.

A chinese firm bought League of Legends? Jesus christ.

More specifically, they bought a majority of Riot's shares. That's why Karthas, who used to be a skeleton, was changed to a wraith, and why they started pushing chinese new year shit hard afterwards.

Wow it all makes sense now; I mean not that the game wasn't shit before that. Since the development team is fuckin retarded, and every patch often breaks the game. Not to mention it's a shit game that came up with its own shit philosophies.

On a side note; I didn't know the Chinese were culturally spooked by skellies… This makes great bait.

These are of course just the long-term, metastasized problems. This isn't even going into the short-term terrible design choices, like: