randomcountry.gbasood.net/

Other urls found in this thread:

twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?649930-EU3-Steppe-Wolf-Mod-Blue-Skies
appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=28071&iTestingId=88161
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Jews_in_the_Roman_Empire
mediafire.com/file/s521shkw7go932k/FODD.7z
eu4wiki.com/Greece
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I want to play some comfy game, I played so much BYZ in CKII and Eu4 love it, but lately im really tired because of people and studies, so something else to get comfy with?

Is Stellaris playable?
Is it with mods?

Why the fuck is it more convenient to play Canada for the AI? What is the best way to get around this? Save and load as Canada after it's formed?

Yes, but it boring
It's just not fun to play

it's playable, but Paracucks shipped it with like 10% of the content it should have.

managed to conquer wolgast from hre, by spending huge amounts of gold on mercenaries. Now the two parts of my realm are united.
In other news, it seems like I worried about mongols for no reason they only conquered couple of realms and they were fucking losing against cumania. so pitiful. And then Temujin died. How on earth can you fail with such ridiculous amounts of troops?
rate my Danmark

By marching them around in aimless circles like the AI always does.
It's a nice Danmark, but it would be a better Denmark

So ive been playing this mod for eu4 called the third odyssey, is about whats left of the byzantine empire fucking off to north america.
Has anyone played it?
Whats the point of releasing the varangian state?

I just wanted some peace and quiet, not a goddamn clusterfuck, jesus h. christ

God damn I hate Protestants. They just keep revolting in remote corners of the empire where I can't afford to build forts and I wish I could just genocide them like I did with the natives.

Just play Distant Worlds.

>Money + Mercs
>DEUS VULT

Aurora 4x is pretty comfy

You prevented border gore before it could happen, nice.

I'd say Stellaris is very "comfy". You barely need to do anything in it.

Are there any EU3 mods that bring it into the next century?

Steppe Wolf has timeline from 0AD to 2000AD

If you push a landed person's claim on a title, they don't get any land inside it. And if they aren't landed, they just get one county to have a capital in. Of course they will lose everything if you don't babysit them. Typically the one you overthrew continues to have most land inside the realm and has claims to the title. Of course they will rebel and usually win.

I can hardly imagine what Europe would look like after 2000 years in EU3.

All the coasts would be exclaves, for one.

But does it give you plenty of events to create increasingly more modern nations (even custom ones like an actual Kurdistan or Uyghuristan) or is it just two millennia of Ottomans?

It is from 11AD.

Also there is also Steppe Wolf Blue Skies done by some dude. He even released an update last October. Has anyone tried it out? twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?649930-EU3-Steppe-Wolf-Mod-Blue-Skies

It gives you a lot of Slav power.

Well that explain how he lost it all so fast. I guess I'll just break the betrothal then because I'm not going to push his claim again and babysitting isn't my thing.

Has anyone tried forming Japan as Uesugi? I want to play as Japan but I'd rather just conquer my way to it than wait serveral decades until I'm able to annex vassals diplomatically.

Pushing other people's claims is iffy in CK2. It mostly makes sense for the very decentralized realms, but sometimes you just get a big war for near nothing. The war goal system is pretty shit. You should be able to claim more than you first declared (and push your claims as a defender). Your problem wouldn't have existed if after beating the king you could have continued the war to take some clay for your claimant.

Also, does anyone who played both EU3 and EU4 think that EU3 is easier? I've only played the fourth one and I'm kind of getting sick of certain mechanics so I'd like to try 3 out but don't want to torrent a game that's just worse.

i wouldnt say its more easy.

It's easier to conquer shit in EU3 because there are fewer provinces and fewer cock-block mechanics than in EU4. The AI is better, however, and there are more things to fuck you over than in EU4, so it's harder overall

Lazy piece of shit. Get the game and experience it for yourself. No one else can really tell you how much you are going to like it or not.

what happened to >>>/gsg/ ?

EU4 has a harder early game because you can get cock blocked, dogpiled, and the AI is more aggressive/smarter in going after you. Some minor countries can be very challenging and even majors get very easily dogpiled by coalitions.

EU3 has a harder middle game though because you can't game the modifiers as hard and because expanding screws your tech rate, especially as a non-western nation. EU4 played as Chimu is indistinguishable from EU4 played as France in terms of player power by around 1600.

Both games give you infinite money eventually though.

That's not true, though. EU3 AI is many times more aggressive, and isn't afraid to attack a larger nation if that nation is already at war with someone else. In EU4, this doesn't happen.

I meant more in terms of army tactics. Also EU4 actually wants to kill you, EU3 AI you can basically always just give gold or cancel spheres to cheesily peace them out.

EUIV AI tends to be a bit bonkers with it's demands though. They have a warscore of 12 and you're willing to just give them that shitty colony the war was started for? Lol nope, they demand you at least give them provinces worth 60+ warscore.
Some enemy 2 province ally has his non-capital occupied, his capital besieged, persoal warscore at 40%? Don't think he will accept white peace or even admit defeat; nah, his 2k Infantry and 1k Cavalry will surely turn it all around.
And when the AI wins a war? You cancel all the alliances they don't want you to have, free 2 shit countries, give them a dozen provinces… "We're at 0 reasons, we need at least 1 for them to accept". Well, okay, here, have a gold as well. "We're at -1000 reasons, they want something other than gold"

Yeah, I've had times where I occupied 3/4th of an enemy's provinces and they would only accept a white peace yet when an enemy is winning a war against me they want to annex at least half of my fucking nation and then don't even get seperatist rebels after getting their way.

why is there that modifier anyway? and why does it have to be -1000?

I assume it's so that players don't just throw 10k gold at enemies and get out of every war without losing anything relevant, since you'll be drowning in gold at some point anyways.
But of course paracucks cannot into doing things properly, thus whenever an enemy wants your provinces, offering them even a single ducat causes them to lose their shit and not accept your offer. Because checking whether the player offers just money or money and other shit is hard

goddomnit, i wanted bold not spoilers

These are the ideal European borders. You may not like it, but this is what a perfect world looks like.

wew

Limey bastard.

y-yay

Victoria 2's pretty comfy.

Aina on toivo:a
ei oikeesti

Does anyone still have that EUIV screenshot where all the countries are strips of land that cross the entire European-Russian area and end in Siberia?

эзэнт гүрэн өдөр бүр хүчтэй ургадаг

ebin

Help! I fell out of love with Vicky 2. How can I rekindle the love in my vidya relationship?

Make a Germanyblob and then show /gsg/.

Reconquer South America and Mexico as Spain.

Grossplatiniums

Play Japan and achieve its WW2 goals before WW2 even starts

Be neutral Switzerland and a GP.

It's mostly based on time. The AI is hardcoded to want to stay in wars for x amount of years and after that it wants to end them.

No, it's in the defines. There's a bunch of AI stubbornness settings that set negative modifiers for the willingness to accept peace deals. IIRC one prevents the war score from reaching 100% if you fully occupy the enemy war leader in a war with multiple participants, and the other drags out wars with a modifier that decreases every month for five years and causes wars to be longer at the expense of harsher peace terms.

Very poetic.

FUCK SYNDICALSTS

MP game?

I'm drinking. Oceanic MP game go now

Of what?
I'd be up for it tomorrow probably

yeehaw

good old bohemia snake

That's just regular EU3.

Has anyone gotten Victoria 2 to work in Wine?

A few versions ago, I think last August? But not anymore.

It works with the 2.0 release candidates sometimes. Following this
appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=28071&iTestingId=88161
has worked for me, but there's a mysterious crash that vanilla and HPM share that comes and goes with the versions. At least it doesn't show up in NWO.

Already tried that. The previous time it only require vcrun2005 and d3dx9. I reinstalled the os, and I could be missing something from the multilib.

Muh dick

Gas those poles man.

Reminder that Jews from Venice opened the gates to Constantinople.

Is that actually possible?
Wouldnt the bad boy points fuck you over?

Silly user. When you build your military strong enough, bad boy no longer applies to you

I havent tried it because
And because that would be an insult to my ancestors that kicked them from the caribbean coasts to bolivia, but how fun is it?

Back to Fallout Doomsday as i finally got it working on Windows 7, fucking love this mod but suffer the same issues

Fucking hell, i wanna like this game but something always happens, do i need to cheat?

come on lil nigga

Last time i blobbed too hard i spent 30 years in war with the perfidius albion as persian, then a 2 years truce and then war again until the endgame.
The fucking pajeets just kept being pooped out at my borders and retarded germany didnt movea single division in the entire conflict.

They could try reuniting with their wayward kin and make them whiter

user, the empire died with the sucession wars, everything after that was the colonies paying spain's drug debts until they saw the oportunity to seceed.

Defender advantages in the mod are massive, and marauders have a stacking cap of 2. You should be able to easily defend against them, I've seen 6 divisions defend successfully against marauder stacks of 40+.

Protip: Marauders always move/attack on the first day of the month. If they attack and you win, you can immediately counter-attack and destroy their divisions that have no ORG.

Also if you capture major VPs/cities of a state, you'll get an event that gives you cores on it all and reduces your revolt risk to zero.

I have played Darkest Hour to death but I can't get rid of the itch to play it. I have tried Kassereich, World in Flames and Mixed Mod. Is there any other mod really worth playing? I'm not going to touch any of those grand campaign mods. I don't see the point in them. They look tedious and the slightest event gone awry can break the entire second world war. I tested Putin mod also but it runs like crap with all of those air units. Please give me some ideas.

Yeah ive noticed that too, the only problem is that depending on which faction you start of with, the last one i played being Vault City

goddamn marauder stacks, i was expecting to at least hold them, not lose the fucking Garrison stack on the first attemp.

turks didnt need to open a gate whit those cannons that they had

Reminder that the spread of Christianity allowed jews to enter Europe.

Reminder Christianity only became dominant because of decadence, debauchery and a liberal sliding of Rome.

If your only issue are the marauders, you can remove thosepic related.

Turanic brotherhood is a beautiful thing.

These are all true
To be honest I don't get the hate towards Turks in particular, especially those who hate them over the Jews themselves.

Wasn't the story behind these cannons that the turkish forces couldn't attack British vessels with their ordinary weapons so someone had the brilliant idea of loading up these enormous relics of 300 years and more with stone balls and shoot them at the general direction of the enemy and the Brits were so scared of them that it prevented them from winning a war against the Ottomans?

That's actually not true. I remember reading somewhere that the cannons were not enough to destroy the walls, they were just being repaired during the night.

No, the roman empire allowed jews to spread through europe. What you said is completley retarded and ignorant, and I bet you consider yourself a white nationalist despite that.

God allowed the Jews to spread through Europe.

Well that could explain why western intellectuals love the Roman empire so much, despite otherwise apparently hating European imperialism.

They are his chosen people.

Only jews belive this.

This to be honest, Israel is our greatest ally.

Greatest foreign sinkhole for American dollars.

That's an unsubstantial claim.

wew JIDF.

Two questions about ck2:
1. is there any benefit in pope being your dynasty member.
2.so usually white peace is more beneficial to defender, with attacker usually losing prestige and little bit gold, depending on casus belli. But what about in case of white peace that is caused by casus belli no longer beeing valid?

kek

TRP?

Jews exist at all because there is no god.

I did it. I created the perfect Byzantium. I reconquered all Roman lands and then some, fulfilling even the ambitions of the ancient emperors that they themselves never achieved. Russia is in a Personal Union with me, Bohemia, Silesia, and all the German border states are my vassals (meticulously crafted so that they respect culture lines), ensuring that Roman borders are safe from any intrusion.

Literally every single Orthodox province is in some way tied to the Roman Emperor – be it by belonging to him directly, belonging to a nation in a PU with him, or eing his vassal. Pope has been granted Vatican so that he can be easily controlled, his temporal power all gone.

Turks have been genocided. There is no more kebab in the world, all of it had been removed.

The remaining european powers are either in the designated shitting area (eastern Germany, Poland, and Scandinavia), in my vassalship, or had fled to the New World and Africa to fight their petty squabbles, none able to even remotely pose any possible danger to the glorious Rome.

HRE had been disbanded, leaving no more pretenders for the Roman throne.

The nation's coffers are overflowing with gold, techs are al maxed out, and the army is the largest in the world by several orders of magnitude. Truly, this is what a perfect Byzantium looks like. There is no area in which I could improve it any further.

I feel like I've been set free. After finally perfecting Byzantium, maybe I'll stop having the irresistible urge to play it every single time, and can try some other nation now.

also, my vassals

Fuck it, im so done with CK 2.

How's EU4 in war department anyway?

1. If you have good relations you can ask for money and/or for him to press claims for you.

2. Nothing happens, the war just stops as in realm peace.

Maybe you can have fun now that you don't have to blob your wine spill.

How bad is really the territory shit? I kind of stopped played the game around it. Is the mechanic made to work better in the mod?

Yes. The mod introduces a new mechanic called "governance" which essentially determines just how much land oyu can effectively administer. You can raise it, but it's very slow, and going over it lands you with a retty bad penalty. Not overextension-tier bad, but still bad enough for you to avoid it. Of course, the higheer the autonomy of a province, the less governance it requires, meaning territory cores don't raise it by that muh, while state cores raise it a lot. I found out I never even reached the full state cap because of this, since I expanded way faster than my governance grew, meaning I didn't have the capacity for state cores until late game. I ffelt it added challenge and made you fully appreciate the system, as you quickly realised that one state-core province produces more gold than 5 territory cored

What do the Amerikas look like

Does anybody have that JUST CK2 picture?

just the usual shit. Breton, french, english, and portugese colonies buttfuking each other endlessly

Although it's a neat concept. All the europeaj powers fleeing to the new world, forced to eke out a new country for themselves, while wary of Rome possibly, one day pursuing them, or planing revenge to one day come back to Europe and take back their ancestral lands. Could make an nice mod

Shit blob tbh

I see. well he didn't like me that much sadly.
In other news I created the (custom) empire of danmark. after I created it, the last couple of independent dukes and counts of norway accepted vassalization. not sure about the color tho'. And oh my god, why does my custom empire have gavelkind;_;? Also, on the other side of map, Temujins son declarted himself gengish khan and has been much more successful in expanding than his father. he even has one province in arabian peninsula.

how did you get it to work? i have been trying for some time now and to no effect

How the fuck do I form Arabia as Nejd in Vic2?
I annexed Hedjaz as Nejd but there's no decision.

Great. Now if there was a way to port your save file to Victoria II and continue it from there, I'd like to see what would happen if you went into the 1800's like that.
Actually, is there any way to make a save file go from EUIII or IV to Vicky 2 to HOI3?

Get the latest hotfix and turn off sprites, newer drivers for bot AMD and Nvidya for some reason crash the game.

Thanks for that, just ended up starting new games until i managed to bait the marauders into other factions wew.

My powerful Vault City faction is spreading north and now borders Zeta while the south is fortifying its doomstacks with the approaching Dark Cathedral from the east, gotta keep production up for when the hammer falls.

Brought a tear to my eye.

did, still doesnt work

what mods and skins?

and the intro? for some reason newer video card drivers stop the game from working, if you want you could roll back.

You have to turn off sprites and country specific graphics when you run the launcher
intro doesn't do anything

Beautiful, user, simply beautiful.

Anyone have 3.2.2? Is it compatible with 1.18? I don’t want to have to pirate an old version of EU IV.

Okay, looks like none work with it yet. The fuck are they waiting for?

Slowly preparing for the coming thunderstorm known as endgame war.

Slow and steady, lots of resources saved up and 60+ units ready to be deployed, only have a tiny airforce end even smaller navy as it seems nearly no one is using either.

Anyone ever built those Hero units? are they worth the 4+ year build time?

Vef with user's edits

Why does siege suck so much ass in Victoria 2 HoD?
Nothings happening, can someone tell me how it works? It worked fine in House Divided.

Once the roman empire converted to (((christianity))), sure.

Okay, reported for intl.

Holy war expired. I wonder what I'm going to use to blob now.

colonize India to get that cushy manpower

W-which were you playing?

Please be joking.

Manpower isn't a problem. I dealt over a decade of dishonorable scum events without going below 0.

Kebab. Trying to WC.

What are some good Vicky mods?

How do you even start a war in Darkest Hour, meaning, I guess, how do I increase the belligerence? How do I justify wars? I don't see anything obvious enough about it in the menus.

You have to use Intelligence to raise the belligerance of countries.
Another way is changing your government to require a lower belligerance.

Do all of the intelligence options increase belligerence? Does it happen only if they are successful?

This is fucking annoying. Is there anything I can do to stop the video card drivers from crashing every time I want to minimize the game? Is there any way I can force it to run in window mod despite not wanting to?

Just read the options.
To access another country's intelligence options you have to right click them and select it or left click and then click on the intelligence tab.
By going to your nation's intelligence window, you have access to the only good thing it can do, which is the raise intelligence funding option. It raises your intelligence action's efficiency.

The only way it seems to to manually change to 16bit colors from the advanced settings on screen resolution. I guess it is a solution.

How ignorant are you?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Jews_in_the_Roman_Empire
Educate yourself nigger, The jews were all around europe even before the conversion to christianity. They were in Rome even before Christ was born.

So I tried to do global manipulation on the opinion of Serbia and succeeded which put them at two belligerence. It fell very soon to one. Suddenly it jumped to 11 and I started war against them. Was able to grab 3 provinces before Austria-Hungary got the rest. I don't know if I missed it or anything, but didn't see any capitulation massage or something. What I didn't realize when I started the war was that Serbia had allies so I was at war against the UK, Russia and others. Even the Russians I have great relationship with didn't want to white peace. The UK actually started invading from one my coastal provinces. It took some time, but I pushed them back to that one province, but then they suddenly started dropping huge numbers of divisions. I still had more than them, but I guess having two technologically superior ones was enough for them to fucking destroy me (or I missed something else). So at some point I just automatically lost the war with my army getting suddenly heavily cut, not sure if anything else happened though, I still kept my new provinces and still had positive relationship with Russia.
I have no idea what happened.

I think they'd make Power Armor almost invincible (due to really low softness and really low vulnerability), but otherwise their bonuses don't seem useful enough for anything else.

Mostly just keep up with basic infantry + Artillery and Buggy Raiders for rushes.

Also if you have Ghouls use them rather than Humans, they are basically mountain infantry for the same cost.

Turkmeni are also kebab. Your divine mission is incomplete.

Okay, I kind of learned some things, but I am kind of stuck with manpower. How do you make the war machine run in Darkest hour?

Where's the link for this mod?

mediafire.com/file/s521shkw7go932k/FODD.7z

Use armor to break through along with motorized and mechanized to surround, then infantry to mop up pockets

Use mobilization laws to get your manpower going,they're under the events tab

Thanks, user.

I got through the whole WW1 scenario with pretty much only happening. I didn't get any event other than partial mobilization. Actually I think while I was still at war I got some higher level of mobilization enabled, but didn't have the resources to activated. But definitely no event for increasing the age.

That scenario is pretty messed up, I usually don't bother with it

Who the ass are you playing as?

Also Serbia is probably guaranteed by Russia, so you'll end up getting fucked in the ass regardless of what you do.

The diplomacy in Darkest Hour is barely functional. In most cases you can never get a peace treaty outside of scripted events and annexations. You can occupy the entirety of the enemy's nation with 100% warscore and they'll still decline a peace offer with every possible concession.

Bulgaria. Russia did absolutely nothing, even though I was in war with them. As I said it was the UK that decided to come all the way and start fucking around.

That is pretty fucking stupid. At that point Serbia didn't even exist any more and after the war ended by itself I still had a positive relationships with the UK and Russia and probably other people from their alliance.

If Russia is allied with Britain, they'll get called to war too. Or there was a scripted event.

The AI will never accept anything besides a full annexation, regardless of how far apart you are.

Try to get fast-moving divisions into separate units - separate your starting units into infantry and cavalry. Cavalry should be faster, use it to take empty provinces and chase retreating units. Catching a retreating unit in the province it retreats to will annihilate it completely.

Move your sliders to enable earlier declaration of war.

Just started the WW1 scenario in vanilla DH Full, and WW1 starts too soon to actually make preparations. You're fugged if you want to take Serbia. It won't be possible without the Entente being on their side.

There's ways (semi-exploits) to avoid a western front though.

I did take 3 provinces and essentially the Entente didn't do anything to me after winning. If I was faster I could have taken probably more, as the rest went to Austria-Hungary that declared war against them first. I guess not joining the Central Powers might have helped with the AI not completely taking control over my country or something.

Rate my borders.

You blobbed too far into France and Africa and didn't take Egypt or the Italian bits of Switzerland. 6/10 is the best I can do.

Meh.

wew lad

I got every core, I didn't have cores on Switzerland and didn't feel like throwing down the infamy to crack Switzerland. The French provinces I got in a Great War rather than a claim so it didn't cost my infamy to get that, it was more an accident.

I tried to get Egypt off Great Britain in the Great War, but when I dismantled them Egypt became independent and I had a truce.
Didn't really feel like going over the infamy limit for a conquest CB to break open Egypt.
As for Greece and the Holy Land, I should have retaken the Holy Land, my bad but Crete is fine, it's no different from when Italy took the Dodecanese.

Forgive me, I have brought great shame to my family.

It's fine, jut get on it user.

R8 my Ultimate run as GB. The date is 1836, so it's like an alternate Victorian era. Second picture is an outline of Indian colonies and puppets.

Greece is Italian clay.

If you want to worship a tribe of banksters that's fine but be honest about it m8.

I don't think I'll be able to pull off a WC.

:)

Yeah thats what ive been doing for VC, except instead of Ghouls i got max tech Mercs which do the same thing with the buggies and arty, when they have room to move they fucking fly.

Also thanks to having all TC/IC related techs researched thanks to some stupidly lucky vault/base finds i can produce stuff very quickly, so using this time to ramp up dead infrastructure to help the flow of men and material to the frontlines.

I've seen some guy do the Ryuku or whatever they're called world conquest, he basically tried some shit against the Knights that allowed him to guarantee them and made sure that no one would ever form a coalition against him by exploiting some rule of the game.

By the way, re-requesting this

Doing a New Republic of Mexico game right now.
The beginning against the Mexican Raiders was rather fun .
But right now I can't beat Broken Hills, fuckers got a shitload of decent troops and my manpower is almost nonexistant.

wew

How often does this happen?

Every time the Golden Horde gets shat on?

Any good HoI4 mods? I know August Storm is good but it hasn't been updated.

HoI3.

HoI3 is shit matey

Blood and Iron seems to be the best mod right now. Cold War Enhancement Mod seems to be good as well but it's a cold war mod.

At least try to conquer the old world.

So I've managed make some of my vassals viceroys. But in case rest of vassals I haven't manged to make them revolt so that I could revoke their duchy level title. Should I just try to live with the relations malus and revoke every non viceroy duchy title? Because I eventually want all my duke and king level vassals be viceroys. Unless you guys know some good way to consistently make vassals revolt, with as little hassle as possible?

Just revoke them all in one go, win the ensuing civil war and suicide your lad.

How did the grand colombia form?
Ive never seen the AI pull that off.

Its had to be a furry, those fucks have endemic shit taste.

okay, that was surprisingly painless, most of the dukes agreed without fighting. Tho' I did have to fight several civil wars, I easily crushed all traitors. Now all of my dukes, apart from duke of jylland, are viceroys. I also made three kingdom level viceroys. pomerania and poland I did just because, But sweden I did, because the minor viceroys were trying to vote me out of swden, so I granted sweden as a viceroy to a one of my still loyal vassals. which incidentally also seemed to solve that problematic overthrow faction that was getting uncomfortably large.
should I really tho'? it is true that most of my vassals hate me, but it feels like their hate is quite manageable.

oh, and how do I commit suicide?

I think Colombia broke off from Spain, and then joined with the already-independent Venezuela.

What kind of Germany is that?

Take the rulership focus, you'll get stressed, depressed and then maimed if you're lucky enough.

The HRE. It sucks cause it accepts pretty much every culture in Europe, so they literally never got separatist rebels and cannot fall (As far as I'm aware).

So I'm following a BYZ guide, and I have a massive fleet. I blockade Maremare, but those niggers cross the strait anyways. What am I doing wrong?

What mod allows that start date?

Are you following a up to date guide?

Ultimate.

Ultimate. And no, it seems I'm not.

Thanks.

See theres the problem, you cant block pass like that anymore.

I realize the games not properly optimized and doesn't use hyperthreading but why does V2 run like shit on i7? When using the fastest speed it slows down. I swear I remember a year ago when I played the game ran fine on full speed. Also playing HPM makes it even slower.

How am I doing so far for a Ruskie game? Any tips on how to not get fucked by the Turks?

Embrace Islam

This guy was too fast for me.

Offensive ideas and Quality ideas should both give you discipline. Take them. That will even out their combat strength. Be westernized or at least have equal military. Make allies with their enemies. Invade when they go to war with others. Reclaim Jerusalem.
And for the love of god stock up some manpower.

I can swallow Bohemia Snakes but THIS is just ahistorical as fuck.

~*BELIEVABLE WORLDS*~

Poland giving declaring on my enemies for me, and giving me every thing I want. First time AI hasn't completely fucked me over.

Definitely going Quality/Offensive, went quantity/defensive on my first Russia game, got my shit kicked in hard.

Just remember that discipline and morale are twice as effective as they appear. For each 5% discipline, you do 5% more damage and take 5% less damage, and morale works the same. The Ottomans get free discipline, making them cheap as shit.

Is their any mod that gets rid of the awful new tech system? Or at the very least stops china and various Indians etc all being at the same tech levels as Europe by the late 1600s?

Which game?

Eu4, i cant stand it when India and china are the same tech level as Europe by the late 1600s, in my last game the enlightenment started in japan

Play clever, use terrain to your advantage, exploit the shit-tier AI that will insist on sieging down that fortress you have in the bumfuck of nowhere while you're about to capture its capital and, above all, use the tiking warscore and length of war modifier to your advantage. Avoid combat as much as possible, unless you have an overwhelming force - just have Otto chase after you for a few months, taking that ticking warscore (assuming you managed to take the wargoal, which you should do ASAP) and watching that war length go ito negative numbers. After a few years of this, you should be able to get something like +20 warscore, provided you played your cards right, and warlength will be in negative numbers. You can get very good peace terms with that.

Well, at least the AI seems to be able to build up development.

Japan entering a scientific revolution by itself seems like a cool alt-history story though.

Crazy idea but is there a mod based on Tolkiens works for crusader kings? shit would be cash

There's Middle Earth Project but it crashes every time I try to open it

It is outdated, meaning it needs an older version of the game too.

Ticking warscore doesn't do much for turks though since they've a lot of forts spread around and if you don't siege them you get a -999 modifier "HURR DURR UR CONTROLLING EVERYTHING BUT NOT MY FORTS LOL"

Because V2 will only run on a single core and single core processor speeds have been almost stagnant for close to a decade. Your i7 now isn't much faster than the i7s that people played V2 with on release.

HPM massively bloats the pop rules and massively bloats the numbers of pops, so its going to really slow things down further.

Discipline also affects morale damage and defense.

It is, i mean if it was a really rare cool thing that could happen but mostly didn't, then id be fine with it. But shit like this happens every time. Most of Asia achieving tech level parity with most of Europe every game is just pants on head retarded and extremely annoying. I wanna have fun as a colonizing European power. Like what happened historically. This is hampered greatly by the a-historical tech progression of all of Asia.

Does this problem exist in EU3 as well? Because that's the one I've been playing.

Nah, in EU3 nogs will remain nogs and chinks will remain chinks. They can only westernize when next to a Western neighbor.

But RoM is fucking amazing, balanced and makes the game more challenging than ever before! What are you talking about?

The mod set in Third Age has huge problems as the diminishing of everything doesn't really fit the game mechanics of CK2. A mod about the more fitting blob fest First Age is coming out soon™, though.

How easy is the game as England? I just wanna get comfy and conquer a lot of territory but I normally ragequit around 1500 because one of the bigger nations like the Ottomans destroy me when I'm finally doing well.

I do actually like the great powers idea, and the idea of tech being spread by institutions and stuff is actually quite good and dynamic, but the implementation is crap. I worry its all the fucking chinaboos on their (cancerous) forums moaning about how great and technological advanced china should be, of the fucking anti colonialist types who moan about euro-centrism that are influencing their development of the game. If so things will only get worse.

There is a good reason Great Powers was a thing only in Victoria 2 - because historically it makes sense only there. It is pretty fucking stupid to see it in EU.

considering that you are island nation with easy way to america, and how naval ai is retarded its pretty fucking easy. just watch your back since scots are hardcore

why?
europe always had great powers or analogues? the hre, france etc?
they may not have been refereed to as such. but they did exist.

Being a big regional country or having a lot of cultural influence regionally does not make you a great power. The very concept starts to be spoken of at the every end of the EU timeline and doesn't become truly relevant until way later.
EU4 and CK2 are just blob games. And am not talking about map paiting, but mechanical blobs. Instead of fixing stuff they add more shit, compete remove something for something new and include whatever popular thing from other games. Doesn't mean it fits or it is needed.

Wish asshole developers would spend more time optimizing a game that's cpu dependent. I swear I remember V2 running somewhat decent even with HPM. Earlier patches might not have been so bloated. Gonna test vanilla. Thanks.

What really though are the characteristics of a great power? interfering and influencing the affairs of minor power? engaging in wars to try to keep or alter the balance of power amonst each other? i know the term only gets used towards the end of the eu4 time-frame, but its seems to me like the things the term describes already existed. Also it does really add to the game. Being able to influence smaller powers and make them break alliances is great, paying off the debts of minor power, and intervening in the wars of other great powers. I really like it, what do you not like about the mechanics of it? Or is it just their existence that you disagree with?

Muh France game, Trying to become HRE. Have 4 electors voting for me, managed to annex Provence cheap as it was excommunicated. allied to three electors Castile and Brittany which i am trying to diplo-annex. Once i get HRE leadership im gunna try to force the Burgundian inheritance to fire so i can get all their land.

dammit wrong image

More screen shots

Have become emperor. Added all provinces to the empire and completed the first reform. Next up is to crush burgundy and get all those provinces.
I Shall remake the empire of Charlemagne!!!

They is a very good standards written down about it, but you are right. Except maybe the very historical fact of how global that power is and for that you do need a certain level of technology and presence around the world. It is one thing to fuck with some smaller country around you, it is another to be able to do that globally. And you can really get that at the later years of colonialism. You could really say that there were a few central powers deciding the fate of everything and even that was to a lot lesser extend than it is now. And we can hardly speak of such things in the EU timeline where countries are not even much stable at home and many countries are just now forming. Though honestly how badly you can blob on the map is a big reason behind people getting fooled into accepting such things without much of a thought.
But yes, it is similar to with many of the mechanics they insert. It is not a problem that much of the mechanics itself (even if we ignore the imbalance and that they don't fix old mechanics), but the fact they are inserting all sorts of random shit that just make everything more and more gamy for the sake of their perceived audience's "fun," while going further and further from the original ideas behind the games.

So you just vassalize a bunch of electors without ever needing to be friends with the Habsburgs?

Didn't even vassalise them, just befriended and allied them. royal marriage and stuff. You gotta try to keep legitimacy and prestige high also always convert favors into trust.

Carpet seiging burgundy to try to get the inheritance to fire, its killing me they have been totally sieged for ages and my war exhaustion is really high. This is a massive pain. This event better fucking fire as i stupidly didn't choose a Cassus beli that will allow me to take province used the humiliate rival one.

Didn't actually take that much longer. Still it was a fucking 10 year long war that should only have taken 2 years.

There aren't very good standards*

Why not? and what would good standards be?

After i finish converting the rest of iberia to the best religion should I go France or North of Africa?

Noth africa, moro de mierda.

I'll be back with some niggers and muslims then

Because there aren't. You have even Japan getting the title for the sake of convenience, even though it was getting fucked in the ass at the same time. Not being allowed in the club ruffled some feathers not once. Even in V2 becoming a GP is too gamey, but at least the mechanic itself makes sense historically.

That would be the de jure of the al-andalus caliphate, since they did hold a lot of north africa at varius points of its history.

Japan was a great power in Asia, it even smacked around the Russians and stuff. Also why are they not good standards and what would good standards be?

That was only after it embraced western ideas.

So what's the deal with trade and the economy in EU3? I'm assuming to invest in production or trade for more money, and not to print endless coinage, but it there more to it?

Yes they even briefly considered making the state religion christian. But they did still smack the Russians around and were active in china and Korea.

To be fair, the Russian Empire was a shit and was still a thing since it's impossible to invade, China was a shit and was still a thing since the Chinese people have been fluoridating themselves for centuries making them incapable of organizing and Korea is still a shit.

All Japan needed was a few good men, some boats and some white man technology to become a dominant regional power.

You make it sound like some determined and stubborn shits on an island never were a great power in Europe.

That is called a regional power. To smack the Russians they got a lot of support, they wouldn't have stand a chance against their own overlords. They were just useful tools that got the dog treatment originally and later when again not needed. It is why they went eventually went against their old allies and got raped, because they actually were far from catching up to the big guys.
And again, there are no fucking official standards.
What is not a good standard and who has said that? The ones you listed? I already explained about that. V2 and EU4's? I already explained that too, even if it with one word. But sure as fact it is not some list based on muh prestige that you randomly fall from or get in.

Nice random comment. Somewhat right, but probably too much of a meme usage. While they tried hard to industrialize and they started implementing some western system of governance it was always important for them to keep their identity and culture and whatever they did they usually did through a Japanese prism. And from there such slogans like "Japanese spirit and Western techniques."

That was mostly after the nukes. Post-ancient western ideas are just the synonym of being a massive pussy. Really, they are Jewish ideas that always kill the host in the long run. The Christian west had always been inherently cucked. The renaissances that occasionally happened did push the west forwards, but most people didn't really change.

But still, even in WW2, Japan was nothing like the west. They were crazy motherfuckers. Still had what was fundamentally a warrior culture.

They were pretty much samurai with planes. Really damn strong. No wonder Hitler liked them.

I'm just saying that the Japanese needed the help to catch up to their spiritual inbred cousins who had about almost a two thousand year head start if you include the knowledge left behind by the Romans.

How did Russia ever count as a great power again?

Even more random shit.
You realize most Japanese were not samurai? If anything the last samurai were shitty and scummy. Born into it elite brats and often massacred normal people to feel like real warriors, because there were already no battles to be fought. During the Edo period the samurai already weren't what they used to be. And the only reason they had to start kamikazing was because the quality of their production sucked so hard their planes were complete garbage. Sure, there was patriotism thanks to intensive propaganda that lacked for a long time before that, but the samurai culture gets over romanticized and people don't realize how many times it got bastardized. The real warrior culture died with the Edo period. Later it got somewhat revived, because the country needed a strong army and from there you got some random shit like the fetish to cut people in half and eat their organs. If we have to be honest there was a lot of LARPing going on even back then.

Japan was arguably a great power when they were producing more and better guns than any European nation during the Sengoku period.

The problem is that EU4's implementation is retarded, half the mechanics for Great Powers only really make sense in the 18th century. In EU4 a great power Japan or China or sub-saharan African can and will intervene in wars in Europe that they don't even know exist.

>decide to purchase* the DLCs that I don't have at full price

I have started a new Mercia campaign, I never really played ironman CKII and want some achievements, who should I play next? I'm thinking Balkans somewhere

Don't take it literally. I was saying that the Japanese still had that spirit, in WW2, and they did. And so did the rest of the Axis (except for maybe the plebs that didn't really understand anything).

The Japanese still had that ancient spirit, because of their isolationism, while the Axis in general was attempting another renaissance.

And then all the strong people died and you know how things went. I guess at least the Jew worshipers are getting what they deserve now, at least.

Do the reconquista as asturias and get assraped by the green blob that has infinite manpower.

Because the GP system - or more accurately the SoIs based around it - was a good way of modeling the way the world worked in those days, which was to have a bunch of European great powers (plus America and later Japan) managing the entire planet's affairs.

That really wasn't the case at any other time in history barring some leadup time that V2 doesn't quite cover, and EU4 is mostly outside that time period.

So great they lost in Korea and closed the country to not get raped by colonialism to only get raped by colonialism 250 years later. Come on. Japan has never been more than a regional power and even during its best it gets shut down by its overlords when it tries to become just an absolute power in its own region. Since the Plaza deal they have been in constant stagnation only because the overlord said so. They certainly missed their chance, if there was ever a proper window. They did a great job in many aspects, but were never able to become independent.

Their hardcore patriotism was most of the time very blind and they just believed in the promised divine blessing and certain miracle win. During the capitulation of the country people were in such an ecstatic state when hearing the voice of the emperor that many thought they were won somehow. In samurai culture there is a lot contempt towards life as well that people don't often speak of. Bravery and insanity are often indistinguishable. Ideologies aside, men were men everywhere at the time. It is not like others didn't have the spirit of a soldier in them.

Anyway, I have to go for now.

Got my foothold in Iberia.

Is the DH torrent in the pastebin working?
I can't seem to get it to go over 75% downloaded
Also, Should I play HoI III or DH?

VeFaggot here, should I add the Crusader Counties of Tripoli and and Antioch as releasable nations in the 1309 startdate of EU4's Veritas et Fortitudo? Considering they were disestablished in the late 1200's (1268 and 1289 respectively) by the Mamelukes, but they'd add some cool flavor for our Deus Vulting friends.

The next version of user's edits is almost done, but I'm deciding whether or not to add those two specific countries. Kinda opted to add more provinces to the Levant, I mean, there was no fucking Acre, Laodicea or Tartous and Tripoli and Sidon were all in the wrong places, you can't crusade like that, it's simply wrong!
Also added the Druze, Yazdanism and Nestorian Christianity faiths into the game, with some flavor events & decisions. The Caucasus area has been completely reworked (as previously shown) and I took the effort to add some flavor to Transylvania (Szekely and Transylvanian Saxon revolts when ruled by Romanians); Cyprus and Crete are also bigger now (3 and 2 provinces respectively); Egypt has a few Coptic provinces with Coptic culture and there's also a releasable Iraq, kebab Syria and Kurdish principalities, a Nestorian Assyrian country, as well as Socotra (Nestorian) and Southern Mt. Lebanon (simply called Lebanon, Druze religion), Belz also turns into a releasable Ashkenazi merchant republic after 1444, and if they're subversive enough, they'll break free from Poland.

Of course you should user, the more possibilities the merrier.
Also, you should add a greek core, currently you either have byzantium or ottomans, theres no ground for a free greek state.

Greece can be formed by any of the crusader despotates, which are of Greek culture (I think Epirus and Achaea are the ones, Athens and Morea are ruled by filthy franks or italians)
Greece is also releasable once Byzantium dies, it's got an event and all; you must own a province with Greek culture and take a decision to release Greece, from then on you could just change tags. There's also Trebizond which is Pontic Greek and ruled by the Komnenoi.

I mean, I COULD add a releasable core for a purely Greek despotate, but it'd be kinda pointless since after BYZ's death Greece gets releasable cores all over Greece.

I was thinking about making a Greek country in Antioch, but I'm not sure if the place had a Greek-majority back in the 14th century. I could cook up a releasable Patriarchate of Antioch or something, like a Greek-ruled theocracy.

You mean in VeF or your edits?
I know that in latest version of vanilla, whenever i remove kebaba after byzantium dies, i have no option to release greece as an independent state.

r8 my vic2 game so far

In the vanilla game and VeF there's a decision event to release an independent Greece once you own a province with Greek culture:
>eu4wiki.com/Greece

The file containing the event is PDX_FlavorGRE.txt, in the events folder.

Also, much to my surprise, Antioch has an Arabic-speaking Orthodox Greek majority which sorta died down in the 20th century but was very well alive ever since the rashiduns conquered the place 1400 years ago.

Oh shit, didnt know that.
Was playing as austria a couple of days ago, removing some kebab after diploblobbing hungary and bohemia, in the peace deal i wanted to release greece and make it into a march, when i saw there was not such a thing, i took the last remaining BYZ core and a bunch of grrek provinces and set out to give them the vicky 2 borders with teh megali idea.

THERES A PLACE TO POST YOUR EBIN GERMANIES
AND ITS NAME
GSG

you can be sure I'm going to become fascist when it gets invented so as to complete the meme singularity

7/10, the Netherlands and Belgium aren't your clay, plus you didn't completely remove the frogs and Constantinople isn't Greek. Why did you even blob into Hungary and Romania? AND THE FUCKING BALKANS

Germany blobbing is all well and good, but don't expect anyone to like it if you're taking non-German areas piecemeal. Why are the Hungarians integral to the state beside 'muh Habsburgs?' What has happened to Romania? Why are you leaving a rump France and why are you blobbing into them in the first place instead of eating the low countries instead for swamp Germans? Why so much of Italy? Why haven't you linked your African territories to the Mediterranean by snapping up the last bits of Ottoman Libya? Why on earth have you gone all the way down into Albania?

Get the proper ethnonational borders and be done with it, making sure to account for ahistorical ethnic drift to take additonal areas that might have flipped to German and in taking places that have recently flipped from German over the course of the game but not earlier than this as in your case of eating all of North Italy as in the old HRE borders instead of just still-German Tyrol, then make spherelings, puppets or allies of everyone else in the vicinity as the situation calls for. That's the way to do it. Exceptions to the piecemeal conquest rule can be made for seizing the strategic ports of secondary & tertiary powers, but nothing else. Africa blobbing is acceptable but if I'm not mistaken is a bit cheesy due to the sheer amount of resources you can funnel back home after bullying everyone else out of their colonies.

3.35/10

CK2 dev diary:

EUIV dev diary:

FuckingNothing.jpg

Not very ebin blob. Some standards and gimmicks are expected from Germany. You should get your infamy to 14.88 or something.

It's all right but noting special.

HRE France guy back. I just cant figure out out to get the religious league war to fire, i have no IA as there are so many heretic princes so i want it to fire so i can convert them. But it isn't happening.

May I throw a challenge at you guys? How about a "pacifist" run, as in, picking any country whatsoever you're not allowed to wage war against anyone unless it's a defensive war and all your conquest must be done with either colonization, claiming lands when attacked by the AI or diplomatic annexation.

perfect

Helps make up for that horrific serbia

so I conquered hamburg from hre, partly because it was de jure mine and partly because there ws that grand republic of hamburg there. But it seems that I can't create that title. if I give the province of hamburg to the grand mayor of gotland, will he create the title? I can't find seem to find what is required to for creating the grand republic of hamburg. or is it a once per game things?

Now puppet the US.

Played like that all the time in vicky 2, it can be very cozy.

It was their first time waging offensive war as a nation, so they suffered the predictable problems with logistics and trying to pacify an occupied area. And they had to do so across the waters that were contested by a powerful foe. When's the first time another nation had to do that? The UK in WW1? Even so the Japs easily won virtually every land battle even with numerical inferiority while fighting Korea and China together on their own turf.

It was a dumb decision made by one ruler. Had it not happened then Japan's next generation would have learned from their mistakes and invaded a crumbling Ming to set up their own dynasty much like the Manchu did.

Also they didn't close the country because they were afraid of being conquered by fucking Portugal, they did it to help control the populace that was already unhappy with losing a war. Had successive rulers looked outward again they were well poised to invade again. Even during the Sakoku period Japan kept well abreast of the world and scientific developments and was more advanced than anyone else in Asia

Assuming you are talking WW2, Japan was destroying the supposed-superpower of the United Kingdom just as Germany was destroying the supposed-superpower of France. The Axis was ultimately crushed by the ridiculous industrial capacity of USA+Russia, but that's hardly a bad track record on either German or Japan's part.

Pretty easy tbh, just delete your army to get the AI to attack you.

From a technical standpoint, how hard would it be to make a GSG? Starting with the data types.

A province will have and id, name, owner, occupier, buildings and their levels, terrain(including water or whether it is traversable), weather, resources, culture, population, etc.
A country will have an id or tag, treasury, tech, flag, alignment, reputation, discovered provinces, etc.
A unit will have an owner, type, quantity, supply, direction(province id)+progress, etc.
There would also be collections of spies, acts of diplomacy, and so on.

A map can be made up of squares. They would be traversable from up to 8 directions. It would also be possible to create a map out of hexagons, but there would only be 6 directions to traverse without gaps. The point is to have a system of coordinates. It also eliminates the need to explicitly define which provinces are connected. Units would be placed on top of the map. Countries would be defined by the provinces they own. Map making in Paradox games is stupidly complex. There's separate images for for provinces, rivers, terrain, and climate. There's separate files for matching colors to ids, localization, history, connections, straits, regions, and positions of buildings. It will make map making much simpler. Some would say this leads to less detail, but I think it would be fine if the squares are small enough. Having squares of equal size also eliminates the problem of larger provinces taking more time to traverse, even if the unit is moving the same distance. It's difficult to judge how long it takes to traverse a province in a Paradox game. It also make it difficult to determine which route a unit will take to a destination, often having to micromanage it. Making anything historical isn't necessary. The world can be historical, random, or hand crafted. It's not a big deal as long as it's fun to play. Combat should be determined by many factors. For starters, it shouldn't be as mind numbing as in EU3. There, it's a matter of placing one army on top of another and whichever is bigger wins. The main factors that help to determine the outcome are leader skill, morale, and discipline. In other words, mana. Terrain, weather, positioning, and unit composition need to play a bigger role. HoI3 does this a little better.

Making a GSG doesn't sound too difficult. Much of the bad parts of Paradox's design comes from attempting to make the game look pretty and trying to stick with history. I'd much rather have a game be more open ended. That's the whole point of a GSG. Hasn't anyone tried this already? The game can be 2D and it doesn't even need sound. These games are not that complicated and there's so much to improve on from what we currently have. To this day, I still haven't been able to create my own worlds in these games. I can edit basic things and it only sometimes works. Modding in these games is a disaster. They're poorly made but their appeal comes from a captivating concept which is tragically underdeveloped. These are products that are meant to sell. Without financial incentives, Paradox won't do anything. Look at how cancerous they've become in recent years. We're not even going to get source releases. There has to be a canonical, open source, made for fun, non-DRM, non-DLC, moddable, and fun GSG. It's not right that we're dependent on the abandonware of a single greedy company.

Here's a game I did as Poland where the only offensive wars I did were the missions against the TO. The point was to see how long it would take to inherit Lithuania. It took way too long and I didn't even get cores or buildings. It was a waste.

I got bored of the Ottomans and decided to try blobbing as Russia. I can't stand to play this anymore. Every time I get into a new war, rebels appear and I have to chase them around. They appear even in provinces that have no revolt risk and are cores. This happens even when I do everything I can think of to increase spy defense. Inquisitor, mercantilism, vetting. The worst is when it's a bunch of countries at once. Armies can be set to chase rebels automatically. What where they thinking when they came up with this feature? It's obviously a nuisance if something like that is necessary. It's not worth doing because the AI is so stupid. It will happily send an exhausted army against a force much bigger than its size. I've had armies disappear because of this, the AI often being stupid enough to attack noble rebels 10 or more times it size. It doesn't play well with non-AI armies at all. It send armies from across the world to deal with a rebellion that doesn't exist anymore. It can't change its mind and go back. By the time it does get back, it may be too late to prevent a siege from succeeding in its own territory. It's even more micromanagement to get the AI armies to work properly than it is to do it manually. It's just not fun to play whack a mole. There's no strategy and there's nothing interesting. A no-inheritance WC is possible, but it takes a lot of patience.

Good thing the AI doesn't know how to bribe defenders.

New Thread

I found this amusing

Is there a mod for EU4 that fixes the retarded two-way military access? If I'm the emperor, I'm not going to allow some fucking turks to stroll across my land just because I said it was okay for some germans to do so.