FTL13 / SS13 General - Tyrant AI Edition

What is FTL13?
FTL13 is a VR training unit designed Carl's Jr. to prepare underage child laborers for life aboard deep space exploration and combat vessels.

How can I play?
You can download the BYOND client or join our server directly from your web browser to play. The web client is presently unreliable, and we recommend the latest BYOND client for the best experience possible. The BYOND client is presently compiled for Windows only, though it is compatible with WINE. You will need a BYOND account to connect to our server.

Client download - secure.byond.com/download/

Server Info
The Aloha Oe
byond://jinteki.industries:5513
Tickrate - 0.5 // Random Names ON

Git Repository
gitgud.io/nanotrasen/nullsec

We are proudly hosted by Jinteki Industries, an industry leading cybersecurity and augmentation firm.
For more information on them, please visit jinteki.industries or >>>/cyber/.

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/presentation/d/10GLZTUpU6XGBZInIqxWCSR5q9lYXIk-524yuIGdSYbQ/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Great, you asshounds let Gitgud make the fucking OP.
Still pettily keeping out rival servers from it, I see.
Nice to know things haven't changed.

They're not even trying to be subtle anymore either. God damn.

Putting up the link for a server with limited availability in the OP wouldn't particularly prudent. Let them announce themselves when they're online.

Is the other server up enough to even warrant being posted in the OP?

In the mean time, let's all go to the server of the bastard who ruined several SS13 communities, right?

It's a newcomer, by all means, but now it should have a proper, permanent server, and regardless, it's typically well more populated than gitgud's fuckfest.

Last I heard, Darts123 had shilled Benblu into hosting it on a tower at his home. But the last time Darts123 hosted a server, he canceled the service because he was told not to ruin rounds over admin grudges.

It's neither the server of a newcomer nor likely to be a permanent or proper one in any sense.

Pardon me if I don't give a flying fuck what your retarded ass thinks.

You do, a little. Enough to respond to a clarification anyways.

Kill yourselves.

Just thought i'd mention the serb's still up and kicking.
So, if you feel the itch, come join.
byond://66.150.214.150:7272

wew lad

Say what you will about drama, folks. But, I simply adore it because it inspires the worst of someone's personality over a video game about fictional men in space. I just can't get enough.

To the guy that asked why nuTG is shit in the previous thread.
There's more issues with just the codebase, such as the playerbase itself, but out of said codebase i'd like to add a few more things to what you said:

New TGUI: It's optimized for Windows 10 only and requires IE 11+ dependencies to even work, it also tends to fail to load or straight up crashes clients that aren't updated to the latest IE. It's a really shitty feature for something as simple as contextual machinery menus with colours and tends to break even when everything should be working correctly. It is integrated into literally every machine, console and feature in the game now (including the retarded crafting mechanics they made and oxigen tanks) and it's almost impossible to do anything if you can't handle it.

Health nerf: Every character is now technically at 50% health of what they should be. This was added long ago as a "experiment" and never removed nor the weapons rebalanced for it, it makes every single traitor item that deals 60 or more damage instacrit people who aren't in heavy armor.

Delimb-based combat: It stuns you, it removes at least 25% of your max health permanently until someone reattaches a limb and you can only reattach limbs with surgery and completely voids armor, even hardsuits. The worst part is that many traitor weapons and the captain's sabre are entirely about delimb mechanics or has been buffed to always be able to delimb in every hit. Someone removing both of your legs effectively renders you harmless as you can't even defend yourself.

There are many more issues i have with it but these are the ones on the top of my head right now.

It aint us, blame the faggot of gitgud and his terrible shills who are totally not him on a proxy.

On that note.

NOT SHIT SERBIA HERE, JOIN THIS

New round join up fags

Fire Safety.

Fuck that was fun.

Whoever posted that powerpoint shit in the last thread:
lots of great ideas and lots of incredibly shitty one's, HOLY FUCK.

One stands out:
There's two things you should consider: breaking the players apart into diferent ships only serves to isolate them and limit interaction. And sooner or later someone would want ship combat. If you're up to coding that, go for it, otherwise I can garantee you the only kind of autist up for the task has already ascended to planes better than ours.
BUUUUUTTTT
The same mode on one ship would work wonders. Everyone is "ancap" and has to work for his own self-gain. But at the same time, they still need to work together to not blown up by enemy ships.
Cooperate too much? You lose.
Cooperate too little? You die.
The only good players would be the one's able to strive for the balance (or be skilled manipulators).

Also, research disks in loot tables is a great fucking idea. I'd like that and remove the destructive analyser. Or tweak it.
This way, the first tier can give you research up to 4, second tier boosts you up to 7 and the third tier can take you up to 10.
Add some odd bits like artifcats having a "major tier" and a minor one and then spread them on the loot tables.
You either find a research disk (that might be a part/weapon blueprint instead of just tech levels) or you explore and hunt down artifacts.

docs.google.com/presentation/d/10GLZTUpU6XGBZInIqxWCSR5q9lYXIk-524yuIGdSYbQ/edit?usp=sharing

AIRBORNE CLOWN AIDS

13 on join up fags

tfw wanting more game modes

I've never felt that feel. Is it a good feeling?

Holy fuck we got the jukebox working.
Come enjoy Kebab Removal!

Multiple ships was just wishful thinking, and something that can only work on highpop servers. Maybe have the large ship fills up first and use other ships are for overfill, but anyway I digress.
I agree with a revamp to science, right now it's just follow this flow chart to max out levels. Having it be base on salvage would make it more dynamic.
AnCap mode does have a lot of potential.
Security would have to work harder, because losing crew means losing customers. They also would have to compete against other private security forces.
science would have to stop being parasites, if they want their fancy toys.
And commies would be thrown out of airlocks.

huh… really makes you think…….. I sure wonder where everything went wrong and there's probably no way to tie gitgut to any of this…

I've been busy with shit at work and barely have time for vydia, but this weekend I'm gonna try to make some new ruins for FTL13.
Doesn't seem to be a priority upstream (guess they got enough chaos on the ship as it is).
It's pointless to land on most planets when nothing spawns there. I think only Lavaplanets get ruins, right?
Also found a strange bug: me and another guy made an FTL jump and all SMES and APC's went to zero. We got it fixed after a while, but I dunno how that happened.

pastebin.com/fngyh23a

Nothing less from gitgud's new station.

I'm going to fucking fist your asshole and punch your balls until you submit to the ZIONIST GITGUD NEW WORLD ORDER AND ACCEPT YOUR RIGHTFUL PLACE AS A SLAVE TO THE SPACE JEWS.

I do think the the main problem with FTL13 is the lack of thing to explore, and as far as I know exoplanets and icy planets are barren, or ruins on them are extremely rare. I also think the ring system only has one layout, it needs more layouts, or maybe to be proc. genned. I'll start working on some ruins when I'm done with the space food truck I'm making for practice, but also a joke.

spicystation or whatever the 66.150 IP station has a joke staff. The AI himself even admitted in OOC he was metagruding against me, and I still got the shitty side of the deal, wew lad.

This station is a joke, no wonder it's dying

holy shit spicystation or whatever the 66.150 IP station has a fucking joke staff. The AI himself even admitted in OOC he was metagruding against me, and I still got the shitty side of the deal, wew lad.

This station is a joke, no wonder it's dead.

whoops doublepost, ignore the first one

whoops forgot an image

makes you think

never play videogames with Holla Forums, especially ss13.

ALWAYS play vidya with Holla Forums, especially ss13.

Video games with Holla Forums is generally pretty good. SS13 has the opportunity to be good but so long as people are constantly validhunting and metagrudging shit will remain bad.

FTL13 was a step in the right direction that it had people working together and playing cooperatively rather than competitively.

it was a step in the boring direction as there's nothing to do what so ever while upstream makes it even worse

The thing about upstream is that for now, there's a bunch of bugs that keep popping up. Like that "SMES go to zero after jump" one.
It's usually best to let the ascended autists upstream to deal with it and then nig that shit for us.
But yeah, for the normal FTL13 server, it's just regular SS13, in a smaller map that might or might not randomly blow up. Oh and it's pretty much extended (no traitors) so you know people will end up killing each other pretty quickly.
They don't really need content all that much, but we do. For now, I'm just looking into the Ruins thing and wondering. Can we just slap 10 or 20 map files and it will automagically work? Do we need code?
Can we make certain ruins only spawn in certain planets? Can we make them interactive somehow?
Ruined stations would be fun. ENEMY stations that you gotta infilttrate too.

And I don't think "objectives" are the way to go here. I think for now a simple counter:
Raises by stealing a very valuable item from them or blowing them the fuck up
self explanatory
Trading with natives on planets
Genocide the natives
And average of all your tech levels

So on and so far. Just to keep people thinking about where they are (game-wise) and what to do now. Maybe tie in actual game victories to that later.

Yeah, the autists can keep claiming Benblu is gitgud, but this screenshot right there is proof that not only he's not gitgud, he's also much newer. Most likely not even from 8ch.
Twin Suns has played SS13 with us for almost over a year. Can't remember if he tought RR11 to play or it was the other way around, but regardless both of those guys never metagamed nor did anything wrong.
I've seen one die without the other doing a 180 to rescue him plenty of times.
And the first interaction this new admin has with them is look at their IP, notice they're the same and declare it metagaming.
Fucking retarded.

Small bit of correction. RR11 did get one note back on Pizzastation when he got mad someone memecannonned his face off and then did something very stupid.
Pretty much the only thing of note though.
Man you're boring. Lordofthedankmeme was much more interesting. Retarded as fuck, but interesting.

RR11 here pretty sure I know what you're talking about, I either killed someone the moment I got revived or OOC'd their antag status. I will still new at the time and the bants got to me.

The current admins though have a retarded idea of metagaming, what got Twin Sun's banned on Spicy Chicken Station was that on the same 2-3 hourish round, I decided as a bored MoMMI to write a script that periodically replaced what people tried to say with cuck stuff.

Space Dude says, "Please cuck my face"
Space Dude stammers, "H-H-HELP"
Space Dude stammers, "For her pleasure"

NOW I SHOULD MENTION, I ADMIN HELPED IF THIS WAS VALID TO DO. BENBLU, THE HOST APPROVED.

and from the resulting salt of this I guess it ended up working in his favor. I got a few bwoinks from the shittier admin on the station (UncleBenis) flexing his detective muscles around and trying to cockslap me with a ban but I basically just call his bullshit and made him try bringing up a genuinely shitty thing I did. I had set up the engine, set up Atmos in max efficiency mode and made some autistic space cooling loop for cryo. (Cryoxadone works better at lower temps) and this was pretty much what I did every round.

Thing is though, Twin Suns routinely has fucked me over ICly and what I think got the admins so cucked at him was he was one of the few people to actually ready themselves and check their antag options so most rounds he was a tator. If I would ready myself with tator checked, 90% of the time I would get it myself or end up in double agents with his character, Max Johnson.

For one instance, the fucking autist ended up stunning me while "SAVING" me from a dude wielding a fireaxe. Another time after I arrested him for some petty bullshit, he stun gloves me and lets me get turned into a tard by the chaplain and looted by said chaplain and an assistant.
I remember arresting him for having all access, removing said access and then being accused of metagaming in OOC when I saved him later that round from some non-antag (wew """MEDIUM""" rp) that was stabbing him in the eyes by arresting said non-antag.

Anyways though, all of you are 100% right about the admins being new as fuck.