STALKER Thread

Wanted to make a thread after learning about a mod called Call of Chernobyl. It's basically the three games combined as one and is more freeplay oriented than story (Though you can still enable the story mode when starting a new game).

You create your character and choose a faction when starting a new game and there's even some interesting options such as Ironman (deletes all of your character's saves upon death) and Azazel (Become one of the zone's NPCs upon death. Activating both of these can be pretty interesting).

It's standalone but won't start if it doesn't detect that Call of Pripyat is installed on your PC.

Mod
moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl

CoP GOG installer
mega.nz/#F!2gxBWB7I!B3chZZzfJCpCUwvS7G6zRg

Also post screenshots, share stories from the zone, etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/vbCD7VBB
moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/call-of-misery-english-translation
virtualpiano.net/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What the map looks like.

What mods should I get for a first play through of CoP?

I genuinely want to learn Russian because of this game. Even though I would never use it.

none

I don't know what to add and where to add it in the registry.

pastebin.com/vbCD7VBB

Thank you

Oh shit, I didn't realize this updated. Are any of the addons recommended or is the base CoC fine as is, I remember it being super bare bones last I played. Also, how the hell does Azazel work?

What are some hard, yet fun mods? I played about halfway through misery 2.0, but its not something I'd want to pick up again.

I said come in, dont stand there.. I'm doing my first play through, and everytime I kill everyone in the freedom camp i can't find Skull. Is there a patch or something i need? Im playing vanilla are there any mods I "NEED"?

I just started playing it. I'm playing with Azazel and I died once. I started as a loner but died pretty quickly (haven't played in years). Basically you get a loading screen and you just end up as someone else in the zone who was actually an NPC. I ended up as some Monolith guy who even had some companions. If you really don't like who you end up as you can always kill yourself to play as someone else.

this fucker needs to release a fucking playable beta. I'm sick and tired of having to wait for so much shit. ray of hope specifically, and the quest mods for CoC need a tune up

Why did Wormwood have to die anons?

Seriously though is it worth learning Russian or any other Slav language?

Wormwood is dead? Fuck.

What is the best faction?

Try Call of Misery. It's fucking fantastic fam. It's not quite as hard as actual Misery but the extra difficulty and scarcity (tough economy) is a huge improvement over regular CoC. In CoC I'm discarding good loot left and right

I did a loner start with random location and it started me at bar/rostok. I still have the starting makarov, shotty, and a basic vest but finally was able to repair a mosin with a shitty vapor filled scope. Been taking assassination missions and beating some of them with only one shot fired. It's great fun.

I'm waiting for an appropriate mission to lay some IEDs around around a heavily enemy populated location, then back off into the night and snipe one of the enemy with the mosin, sending them scrambling into my IEDs and canister bombs.

CoM seems to encourage me to play very carefully and slowly, as if I actually fear death. While regular CoC I just run and gun and savewhore because there's too much spawning going on and loot everywhere, and it just gets boring.

Give CoM a go. It can be found on a thread on ModDB relating to CoC. It's only first version but it's quite playable with no gamebreaking bugs.

Also the performance is excellent compared to regular Misery.

I wish I capped it.

Would you recommend any weapon mod?

I'm playing it without the weapon mods and it has plenty of weapons that are not in the base game. So no, I wouldn't use one.

I did have to mod the mosin myself to be able to use the 7n1 ammo. There are three types of 7.62x54 ammo in the game and they should all be able to be used with the mosin. Modding the properties of guns in any stalker game is crazy easy though, It's all plain text (.ltx extention) files.

It has plenty of guns and upgrades for them so I would leave it as is. Using a weapon mod would probably screw with balance

AtmosFear and Absolute nature if you're really in need of some eye candy, otherwise nothing besides essential patches/bugfixes (if there are any, I don't remember).

For example it has mosin, obrez mosin, PPSh (I don't like the ammo it uses by default I may mod that), StG44, and those are just some examples of extra guns in early areas. Also several different types of IEDs. I don't think it needs a weapons mod and economic balance would be really screwed if those weapons mods don't drop heavily damaged weapons 98% of the time like it's supposed to (being misery and all).

Also even the starting makarov isn't stupid inaccurate like in regular SHoC or something. I get headshots with it on a regular basis and have been scraping along with starting weapons for many missions. Took awhile until I got a mosin that dropped with 50% quality that I was able to afford to repair.

Also just some other notes

Technically it's on hiatus but we all know what that means.

It would probably look good on a CV for certain industries outside of vidya though that will also depend on where you live.

The damn thing kept haunting me all the way until I got out of the area. Also there is no way (that I know of) out of the Outskirts except through Jupiter Underground. And boy, going through there with the starting gear was quite the ordeal.
Also speaking of chimeras, they are virtually unkillable with bullets. I suspect they have an insanely high regeneration rate. If you manage to get good hits and it starts limping, five seconds later it will be running around normally. And the way chimeras bounce around all the time, the only reliable way of killing them is underbarrel grenade launchers.
Even pseudogiants seem to take less ordinance to take down than chimeras.

it's 47 fucking dollars for bread in the misery mod

who uses bread anyway, just live off the sauages you find in everyone's pockets

Buying clean food is insanity in Misery. What you need to do is buy the multifuel stove and cook mutant meat. Buying (cheap) cigarettes or drink might be worth it to get rid of the radiation afterwards. Really some of the most valuable loot is food and radiation clearing consumables.

has anybody been able to figure out whether or not suppressors have a ton of negative attributes to them like in vanilla CoP making them useless? cause from what I've played so far they don't appear to cut damage in half like they used to.

That does sound pretty crazy.

Speaking of damage, does Call of Chernobyl have the mechanic from vanilla STALKER where hitting a target more than x times in y period of time doesn't do any damage cut out?

Shotgun is the chimera killer, don't bother using anything else.

Probably. You got to extract the weapon .ltx and set time_to_aim to 0.

Shotgun is the mutant killer in general, but I honestly could not kill a chimera with one. I had the "Predator" shotgun from Nimble and wasted dozens of shells. Even if I got a good series of hits in and the chimera would start to limp, it would jump out of range for a few moments and appear to be above limping health again.
And just to emphasize, this is in Call of Misery. In vanilla CoP, vanilla Misery and other mods I don't have this problem.

Yeah, I dont use call of rust. Might in a future playthrough but its just too much BS.

So is CoC standalone now or still requires CoP?

How do I make CoC run better? I get a lot of stuttering sometimes.

I know literally nothing about STALKER. What is it and Call of Chenroboy? Should I get it?

Is it stuttering all the time? In that case you might want to try sleeping for a couple hours. I get that sometimes and sleeping it off is the only way i ever gotten rid of it.

first thing is to google it and not ask stupid questions.

There are more Russian imageboards than english at this point

Try setting the spawn rates lower in the options.

Come back when you have something other than the most basic of questions.

Did this and it seemed to help will also try

Amerikike, so I doubt I could use it for a job. I'd also be making significantly less money in Russia. I guess the pure slavness of this game is what made me interested, although I don't know why.

Might lurk them to practice at least or at least will find a place to jump ship to when the reddit hordes finally claim this place.

Is there a lot of grinding like normal Misery?

Where are you guys even downloading call of misery?

Click on "Read more" in the description under the download button:

moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/call-of-misery-english-translation

Basically CoM is a slav mod and you need to apply a translation patch after installing it.

I was meaning more working for an American company interested in working with Russians, a distinct possibility with Trump's new shit.

Yeah I guess that's a possibility. I have a bunch of friends that learn foreign languages for no reason, and always thought it was a huge waste of time then find myself falling for the meme myself.

Anybody know where to find all the upgrade tools In Call of Misery?

Also what exactly does the "Armed Zone" mod actually add in CoM? It doesn't appear to add any new weapons at all

Currently at Farm in the army warehouses

Most of you already know this, but for those who don't.
A lot of liberties were taken on the creation of the map of stalker compared to the real thing. Like how pripyat is north of the plant

wow forgot pic

I've been trying to get CoC to work with both STCoP and ItemSoup, but for whatever reason I can't even start a new game without crashing to desktop, despite the fact that they're SUPPOSED to together for ItemSoup to work properly. What am I doing wrong?

What is wrong with this game, jesus christ I thought after the military machine gun nest everything would be shit easy. Is this worth playing? I was on the first half of the game

virtualpiano.net/

ere r ere
t rtr y tyt y tyt
ytytreW ere ytytreW

pap a pap
s asa d sds d sds
dsdsapO pap dsdsapO

sapusapusapu
sapuuuoooIi
dsaidsaidsai
dsaasdfdsap

sapusapusapu
sapuuuoooIi
dsaidsaidsai
dsaasdfdsap

y u e t y o t T y u t e y u e e
y u e t y o t T y u t e y u e e

sapusapusapu
sappasSSdfd
gfdasdffdfsp
pasdsapsapOp
gfdasdffdfsp
pasdsapsapOp

Help me improve it

So what's the deal with Strelok?

Do you have brain problems, user?

Just play CoC if you've already played SoC and CoP.

I wish this mod had a car like Lost Alpha.

Cars are actually in CoC but they don't spawn. You have to turn on debug mode to get them. After running around so god damn much I just said fuck it and started spawning them.

What addons do you guys recommend to play CoC?

Why the fuck does the weather/time of day change sometimes when I load the game Holla Forums? It really triggers my immersism.

its a thing with AF
you can set a single wether type permanently that but theres no actual fixing it

Is there any hitmarker mod for SoC? You know, something that gives this marker when you manage to shoot someone.

You've got a criminal case of shit taste, but there actually is a mod that adds those garbage hitmarkers, but it's only for CoP. Look up Shoker Weapon Mod older versions of the mod came with a keylogger because slavs :^)

it's called death. that's the only hitmarker you need

stalker is already pretty call of duty cancer, tbh, nothing like hold iron sight to hit your target

The animations are shit, the blood textures are shit, enemies barely respond when they got hit by bullets. I just want to know if my bullet lands on the enemy.

CoP doesn't need that. The damage feedback animation is done well and the blood splatter is visible. SoC in the other hand really needs it.

Oh jesus fucking christ, don't tell me you're that "STALKER has no damage feedback" guy from that thread a while back.

I've been told to come here after all. Would you want me to keep posting there instead?

Heres a hint aim for the head and if you are hitting them there and it's not instant killing, then play on master you fucking casual.

Holy shit, stop spreading this retarded misinformation.

seriously though. do you expect us to say,
"yes hitmarkers should be in the game"?
or
"yes when an enemy gets hit he should do a triple twist with a blood sprinkler system"?

a headshot in the back of the head causes enemies to do a front flip in vanilla. It's goofy as fuck and I wish I could get rid of it. So first play the damn game and then tell me if you can visually tell if someone gets hit, because it's pretty damn easy.

Not eveyone wears Beril or any of that heavy armors. And even with level 3 armors, in real life you still get quite a pounding when getting hit in the torso.

And stop telling me to hit the head, I already know that, I'm not stupid.

You actually can. What causes ragdolls to go crazy is the impulse function.So inside the weapon files you're looking for hit_impulse # (this is the "force")
And then: k_impulse # in the ammo file (weapons.ltx) which is the force multiplier. Drop k_impulse to 1, and then lower it to something reasonable on the weapons, or just drop k_impulse to a fraction like 0.1 for 1/10th of the impulse value in the weapon files.

Yeah, but if you hit them in the head they die instantly. So if you're complaining lack of feedback, either it's because dying isn't enough feedback or you're aiming for the torso. The only exception to this rule really is in CoP where they nerfed a bunch of the pistols.

It's not hard to see if you hit someone anyways considering it looks like every shot is a tracer round. You can literally see where your bullet goes.

why do angry fanboys always try to pin common criticisms to one person in their mind? It's just pure autism.

It's actually not a ragdoll effect. its a damn animation that you can replay in a model viewer

Here's your (you)

reddit is that way son

Meant to be to

Ambien fucking up my clicking skills.

He actually is the guy I'm talking about who constantly comlpains about "damage feedback" in various shooters

Not every shot is a tracer, but you could turn that on if you wanted to. In weapons.ltx, do a mass find/replace of tracer = off to tracer = on

Are you talking about Clear Sky in particular, or a mod? Because I'm pretty sure only CS has death animations by default. SoC and CoP use generic ragdoll effects.

Of course dying isn't enough feedback, there needs to be some solid animation when they got hit. Remember Goldeneye and Medal of Honor? Enemies give you feedback when they get shot.

The supersonic rounds are mostly invisible.

and this invalidates the fact that the stalker games really do have almost no damage feedback how? Stop being an autistic faggot

You'll have to define "almost no". You aren't going to get Left4Dead-tier feedback, but when you shoot people they do flinch which is good enough.

that is where the almost no comes from. Flinching happens very randomly and isn't a reliable measure. May as well not even be present.

That is the worst example of feedback you could use. Aside from the fact all the guns and enemies feel like paper in that game, it's hard to tell when zombies are even dead because they'll still be standing for a solid second after you kill them for their death animation.

But it's not random. It's based breaking a damage threshold on specific bones.

But Left 4 Dead 2 has the best visual damage feedback out of any shooter, user.

Idk bro. It just felt like I was tearing through a bunch of cardboard. Killing floor had way better feedback IMO.

Don't know about KF2, but KF has piss-poor damage feedback. It has good postmortem dismemberment, but if you shoot a guy he just plays a generic flinch animation. Meanwhile in L4D2 you can blow off chunks of them while they're still alive, and they'll behave organically and stagger in a way you would realistically expect them to.

KF2 might have SJW devs but the damage feedback is god tier.

wew

do you have to press f as well?

Christ, you know jackshit about FPS game design.

sorry i don't believe hit markers are necessary.
your talking to a guy who's only fps' are stalker and arena shooters, the rest are fighters.

you can mod it yourself ya know. it's just a texture above your cursor when a hit registers, nothing too complex, maybe play a sound bit when it happens.

I just finished reading Roadside Picnic and want to get back into the Zone.

Will CoC run well on a toaster?

It has a directX 8 and three directX9 modes, so if you don't mind missing the fancy effects you can probably run it fine.

CoC is forked off of OpenXray, and Alundaio rewrote a shit ton of scripts to be more optimized, so it runs far better than SoC, CS or CoP.

where da fuck do you get the upgrade tools in call of misery?

It's a part of response mechanics, which is necessary to deliver responsive gameplay.

Would you teach me?

nah I'd rather just let you sink since you can't seem to swim

Anyone here tried the Warfighter CoC addon? Is it good?

i am playing Autumn Aurora 2.1 for SoC, seems to tick all the boxes
i don't use the ENB, they always seem to make it look weird

lets get some activity in here, stalkers

you pretty much either hear them or see them die or both, although maybe sounds were improved in the mod i'm using. the sound of them grunting or whatever in response to being hit, the sound of them dying which is sometimes them saying something, the sound they make when they fall down, the sound they make when heavily wounded and cannot fight. the sound of them getting hit by bullets is different than you missing as well. the sight of them going down, their gun falling to the ground (if their gun is on the ground you know they died), the lack of gunfire or movement noises, etc.
if you didn't see them die or didn't notice the sound of them dying then its a tense moment. this obviously can happen in real life, the game is trying to be on the realistic side of things.
i recommend you play with headphones, headphones meant for monitoring would be pretty good, typically with a wide as possible frequency response that at least covers the 20Hz to 20kHz range. make sure the impedance is low enough if you don't use any extra equipment (amps or whatever), like perhaps 64 ohms or less, because you want your computer to be able to drive the things. if the impedance is too high then you will have trouble getting enough volume.
i'm not a crazy audiophile or anything, it is just that it is essential to hear what happens in the game if you want to play it properly. things like bass boost or low volume will interfere with that.

anyway, the reason why hit markers is a part of response mechanics in other games is because they tend to lack the realistic responses STALKER has, and also because of the multiplayer, since there will be lag between players.

nobody's posting cause
ray of hope still ain't out.
CoC and CoM still don't have a suitable game mode that makes use of them
gunslinger still ain't out
armed zone 2.0 still ain't out

You don't play anything Misery, that's how you get it.

Alright guys,I'm not OP,but check the addon page on CoC's moddb page,I'll recommend AO and Dynamic FactionsIf you're a loner and you'd rather kill bandits/army than army/bandits on a shootout,the other faction will cease fire against loners

I can't even play stalker because I'm stuck with a craptop for a while.

Is Call of Chernobyl + Warfare + STCoP stable yet?

I mean, I've been known to do that on my monolith games.

I just beat SoC my first time, never found Strelok and got the crushed by girders ending. It was fun but I don't really feel an urge to go for another ending. The guns, missions, fights, loot all got pretty samey and it was disappointing when I realized the random accurized AR-15 I picked up ten hours ago was in fact my end game gear. Are any of the other paths different enough, or should I just start CoC+AO, or is there some other mod I might like more?

You forgot something.

also
That's the shit you use when you're out of ammo on your real guns, including pistols.

Such is life in the zone

I'm sure I forgot a bunch of stuff but clicking on heads with the same rifle for two days straight makes me not really care unless there's something new and cool I missed.

I never found a scope I could put on my VSS and I hated the iron sights so I used it as my bloodsucker gun. The AR-15 killed everything else just fine.

I meant ending, not guns. You where told to do something but they never put it on your quest marker

;_;

For me SoC was the unstable piece of shit and CoP is the better version. Does playing the GoG version make a difference?

Man, that's a load of crap. Having a lot of "noise variation" doesn't fix the projectile impact abstraction problem of stalker.

It's not about knowing if they die or not, it's about knowing whether your shots register or not. Here's the reason, I've done some research and found out that SoC has some of the most awkward and broken gunplay mechanics ever. If you take a look at the ltx codes, they have a lot of awkward functions, lots of dumb things are implemented there. It's like they were trying to make the most realistic FPS ever but somehow lost all directions midway.

One example is there are some body parts that register 0 damage such as toes if I'm not mistaken. Another example, you know what time_to_aim in the ltx files does? It severely reduces the damage of your bullet everytime your gun fires, making a lot of accurate shots register no damage. That's the reason why emptying your mag on the enemy's chest at point blank range won't kill him. The damage enemies do on you is based on probability instead of actual projectiles. It's very counter responsive, it's like a bastard child of an RPG.

To say that STALKER SoC is realistic is a joke. True, it might feel realistic due to the amazing atmosphere and details, but the mechanics and responses themselves are far from realistic or responsive. The damage registration system and feedback animation absolutely laughable. Ever played GTA 4? That's how you make a realistic and responsive body language as damage feedback.

Get the full bar freedom mod. You can blow their head off.

After update 1.0006 and ZRP, it would get more stable. The GOG version is the best. Still crashes sometimes at the loading screen though.

Are you deaf, blind or just a retard?

Those sounds don't play all the time.

That's stagger animation. There's no flinching in SoC.

Did you even read what I just wrote? I want responsive hit registration, not knowing if someone dies or not.

Also, I was wrong. Not even hitmarkers would fix the failed abortion that is called "SoC gunplay".

Turn the volume up because there's not only callouts for any received damage that actually took HP away but also actual bullet hit sound that can be heard for up to 30 meters.
If someone's gun going ~45 degrees to the side and visible body sway on being hit is not flinching then I have no idea what your idea of flinching is.

it's not a flinch, it's a stagger, you're just an idiot.

bro dont you like realistic iron sights its just like call of duty except even iron sighting doesn't matter its just dice rolls like morrowind but better because its not bethesda dude realistic but promise its not call of duty ok iron sights are awful but great in stalker because slavs lmao

I'm not talking about staggers, you dumb shit, I'm talking about actual flinching.

If someone can specify the sound's file name, I can try tuning up the volume in the gamedata folder.

Flinching in video game is a sudden and instant movement upon every damage that is lashed upon the character. That animation you're talking about goes on for too long and isn't played upon every projectile contact.

call of duty user's still here?

yep, and you are a retard because they don't exist in stalker. What you are talking about is a stagger, which it's referred to as in every game since fucking quake as far as first person games go.

fuck off, slavshit.

Ever seen an AI walk into a burner anomaly? Because that's the best showcase you can get for this shit. Actual flinching, you know.

Currently looking for the bullet impact sound, but the damage call outs are listed in the ltx files. You'll find them in their sound section for each specific enemy in the fight/hit area, it'll be like hit_1 hit_2 hit_3 etc.

the best example is kruglov, he loves to stop in burners and talk to you about making it through the tunnel, but be careful, there's burner anomalies. mark a clear path and he'll follow you through. Oh wait he's incapacitated by a burner he was standing on because the games scripting is shit, better hope it doesn't kill him. now that he took your valuable scientific medical kit because the game doesn't allow you to choose which medkit to give an incap neut/ally and you have navigated through the dastardly tunnel, he'll just walk through in a straight line and hopefully not die. He really flinches, though!

You forgot the sudden and instant part. Also, by sudden I also mean when your bullet registers when a flinch animation is playing there should be some an animation cancelling to make way for the next flinch animation.

Is it the bullet_hit_1-4.ogg's in actor folder? They sound like the damage sounds for strelok, not the enemies.

Those might be the sounds that user is referring to, but as far as I can tell they're only called in actor.ltx, which is the player.

Yeah, that's what I was saying.

The plot thickens. There are two sets of those sounds, one for 'materials' and one for the player. The ones for the player are the same sounds, but almost twice as loud.

There does appear to be a sound that plays when a bullet impacts an enemy, a sort of soft wispy noise that I can't seem to find the source of.

Maybe it only plays in your imagination.

Should I play CoP or CoM?
Do I need any mods with them for AI, weapon handling, damage adjusting, sound, or graphics?

Play Shadow of Chernobyl with the recommended beginner mods.

CoP's gunplay is quite a lot better than SoC I think, though the game itself isn't.

Or you can fuck right off since I beat it patched.

Then play Clear Sky with the recommended mods. If you've played that as well then play Call of Pripyat with the recommended mods. If you've played all of them you should know exactly what you need to make the experience best for you. I don't see what's so fucking hard about this.

I don't see what's hard in seeing that I'd like to try the overhauls mentioned in this thread, not the base STALKER experience that I've already had. And with that, asking anons who have experience with the mods to kindly steer me in a direction. Not take the fucking wheel and completely shift what I was looking for.

I pity you for being so autistic.

Duty

Jesus fuck you dense motherfucker. You asked if you should play CoP or CoM. That's like asking if you should buy a sportscar or a mountain bike. They're such different experiences and serve totally different purposes since one is an original game with a story made by the developers and the other is a mod for a sandbox map merge that it's impossible to tell without any sort of background information what you should play. Since you didn't give any info on what you've played before I figured you hadn't played any of the games and were like the other retards that come asking what mods they should use for their first playthrough.

They didn't even attempt to make it indoors.

Clear sky is a flat out bad game.

Yeah the ai is pretty bad in stalker

Loner 4 LYFE

I'm not going to disagree with you but I think everyone who wants to play the series should also play CS at least for long enough so they can make their own opinion on it instead of just parroting "but it's bad" from other people. Don't even need to finish it, just play enough to see what it's like.

СЛАВА МОНОЛИТУ

CoC made me start to like the mercs the most. Everybody's an elite. If the military stalkers were seperate from the military, I'd pick them since they're miles ahead of everybody while still sane unlike monolith.
mercs got curb stomped by Strelok but then again everybody did.

I meant CoC.
I am a dense motherfucker, goddamn they're both named so closely that I always mix them up.

Does the military even have guys in exoskeletons in CoC? When I played as the mercs I don't remember a single time I ran into an army guy in an exoskeleton, every other faction but bandits have guys in exos. They seem pretty underequipped considering they have a nation backing them.

did anybody save those "come over here stalker" pics that had a shirtless model in a gas mask?

At least you owned up to it I suppose. Next time I suggest you proofread your post before you start acting high and mighty calling other people autists.

As far as CoC vs CoM goes, I would imagine the difference is like CoP and CoP with Misery. Other is a jolly lark around the Zone with bullets oozing from every orifice and money and high tier equipment is everywhere meaning you need to make your own limits to have fun and the other is a more limited and harder experience probably with some artificial difficulty and no-fun-allowed "realism". I've not played CoM so I don't know for sure how much it changes and how similar it is to the original Misery experience. As far as addons for CoM I have even less of an idea since they all seem to be in russian and my russian isn't good enough to get a good grasp on them.

I'd post an edit but either paint.net is useless or I'm useless at using it, so all you get for a bump is Labled One.

sky not grey enough

I'm not going to disagree with you but I think everyone who wants to play the series should also play Fallout 4 at least for long enough so they can make their own opinion on it instead of just parroting "but it's bad" from other people. Don't even need to finish it, just play enough to see what it's like.

closest I've got

wew

Are you implying that that's wrong?

In other words CoM can get fucking retarded at times. One of my main quests is finding an M60. Where the fuck am I supposed to find an M60? I cleaned out the freedom base twice and can't find it. Ran around to two different traders and can't find it. So I decided to just essentially explore and hope an M60 falls into my lap and ended up stuck in the wild territory between two blood suckers, two burers who give psychic damage just by being near them, and a fucking chimera.

Not to mention just traveling is exhausting because heavy armor saps your stamina just walking so it takes for fucking ever to get anywhere.

God damn it, where's slav magic when you need it? This game looks like ass with the default grass and flora but it's unplayable with the one mod that fixes it… Is there an alternative or fix? It's not a spec issue as I have a GTX 1060 and a 4th gen I5.

I know it's you Todd.

Fallout 3, 4, and NV are good games. They only lack the nice gunplay of STALKER series.

I haven't played NV or 4, but I've played 3. I can't really put my finger on it but the game felt extremely dull.

The quests are dull, but I admit that they're not what I'm looking for. I just like games where I can walk anywhere, talking to people, progressing myself, shooting stuff, collecting stuff, etc. STALKER is infinitely more dull once you've finished the quests, but it's got great gunplay. All I want is open world sandbox with good gunplay and questlines just to tie everything together.

Tbf, CoP looks really dull.

Shit taste user.

Call of Pripyat is pretty dull imo. It feels like it lacks the edge SoC has.

I'm criticizing the art direction, not the graphics.

STALKER is weird because from mod to mod it can look and perform a lot differently. I mean, there are mods out there that include AtmosFear and Absolute Nature that run great, but I also know what you mean. Make sure your textures are not a notch too high but other than that it's often somewhat a mystery why one mod looks great and runs great while another does not.

Yeah. I replayed CoP and I almost fell asleep. The world is huge but empty. The NPC's are barely existent. SoC is full of gunfights but not as linear as CS, that's why it's a blast to play.

I actually like the art direction of SoC. Although, living in a frozen hellscape I probably can pick up on "this is what bitter-cold actually looks like" better. All it's missing is frozen grass and ice everywhere. I thought fallout was garbage though just because the entire world is poo-brown.

It feels like they tried to copy Bethesda a little.

This, the flora is just really fucking cheap and ugly looking.

Thanks for some actual help, user. Mind spoon feeding me the mod that includes them both?

I never take the "find weapon" mods. That's about impossible unless it's some AK variant or whatever, even then you're almost never going to get one dropped that has good enough condition to be acceptable, so have fun spending at least as much as the reward repairing it. I would agree that's a problem with CoM but it's still version 1.0. Take assassination missions those are fun, you can stealth a bit (as opposed to the kill-everyone-here missions), you can even get really creative and stealth plant some IEDs in the night and sneak off. There's always somebody else to ask for a mission if you don't like the one somebody offers.

err.. missions, fuck

A lot of mods include them both and no I can't help too much. Sorry, I hate base CoP and haven't played it in a long time.

What's your hardware though? CPU, GPU, amount of RAM, installed on SSD or HDD?

Bethesda's games save for Morrowind might look a bit dull, but there are constant action and easy quick travel to overcome the boredom. The world is huge but cluttered with toys you can play with. CoP outside the main missions is literally walking simulator.

It never got bothered with walking everywhere. It feels like stalking the zone. It wasn't until Call of Chernobyle where I said fuck it and spawned in a ton of cars. Shit like repairing weapons, weapon upgrades and how quests are handled are what made it feel like Fallout 3.

Sheiiit, you should be good to go. Try disabling precaching maybe??

Most problems are so old it's hard for me to remember what's relevant in which case. Might want to try to the newer versions of xray engine executables like used in CoC as well. I would provide some detail on this but I have to piss and go to bed now.

Walking everywhere as in making your character face skadovsk and then holding w+shift?

Don't you mean prefetching?

I mean that's literally how you get around in games? That's one of those arguments you can apply to everything in games: Gunplay as in putting your mouse cursor on the enemy and holding right mouse button?

I mean there's literally nothing fun to do along the way