- G. Lucas
- P. Schrader
- A. Guinness
- D. Cronenberg
- W. Friedkin
- A. Iñárritu
- A. Jodorowsky
- Alan Moore

The irony of a bunch of men who made their fortunes indulging in fantasy saying that fantasy is childish and disgusting is more repellent than amusing.

A visionary.

Funny how redditors worship Pegg for his godawful flick trilogy when he thinks they are all brainwashed cattle

(((Cronenberg)))
(((Schrader)))
(((Jodorowsky)))
(((Friedkin)))
What the fucking I love being a bugman now

That's highly hypocritical coming from him.

Simon Pegg? He was the original Redditor. Have you seen Spaced?

Day of the rope when?

The Chad Kino Directing Jew vs. The Virgin Capeshit Consuming Goy

I know his work is reddit incarnate, i'm just pointing out the hypocrisy. And I haven't seen Spaced, was forced to sit through Hot Fuzz.

Agree with all except Jodrowsky, sounds like a fucking kike even says he hates America so it is obvious he would hate Superman who stands for Truth, Justice and the AMERICAN way

Commies too stupid to see their ideology is to blame for all of this. Fucking kikes don't know where it begins and where it ends.

It originated as something that signified someone as an intelligent outsider. It's inclusive to people without any other talents and makes them feel intelligent, talented, unique when in fact the elements that gave it that stereotype have stopped being part of the culture since the 80s

…Yeah, this specifically concerns capeshit - which in turn, specifically concerns Moore's own hangups with it.

Far be it from me to indict Moore's genius, but seriously - physician, heal thy own fucking self.

People who read comics in the 80's were thought to be dumb. The same people who want this to be seen as intelligent say that faggots have high IQs because they don't want people in a capitalist democracy to reproduce. This is commie subversion 101 and all of those faggots on that list are in on it.

It bothers me that "nerd stuff" has been reduced to Star Wars and super heroes in most people's eyes. What about science fiction novels? What about actually making things?

I remember when i was around 8 years old and got told i should stop reading comic-books and pick up real books instead. They said comics were for little children and stupid people.

That's a thickheaded idea. Not that you should exclusively read comics, but it's a perfectly valid medium.

You're a manchild if you read Shakespeare.
I mean, talking ghosts and silly fictional drama. Grow up, nerds!

Don't forget video games and fantasy like LOTR as well.

Shakespeare is unironically plebshit. The soap opera of it's day, and people just pretend to like it now because they think it makes them clever.

Was Lucas high when he wrote that? I'm sure trade federations were such a kid thing

Trade federations is politics for children

You have know idea what you are talking about. Stick to Bazooka Joe comics and Flash Gordon, ok? Shakespeare belongs to adults.

What the hell are trade federations?

t.21 years old, and likes to feel superior

I absolutely loathe the terms "geek" and "nerd" now. They don't mean anything anymore and I'm not sure if they ever did to begin with.

It all started with intelligent kids who were into certain kinds of interests that weren't mainstream . In the past, these kids were seen as strange and different and so ignorant people who didn't truly understand them formed derogatory terms like "geek" and "nerd" that were used to put them down.

I don't understand how being intelligent, valuing knowledge or even having an interest in a certain book series or TV show could possibly be considered as negatives but for some strange reason, it was the case for some people in the past. Of course the "nerds" and "geeks" rose above the scorn and grew up to be rich and successful, while those people who ridiculed and mocked them went nowhere and after that, it became "cool" to be a "nerd" or "geek". But as is the case with most things, when something becomes popular with the majority, the original idea behind that something becomes watered down and looses all its' meaning.

Nowadays, people think all that is required to be a "nerd" or "geek" is (Like OP's image) read Harry Potter watch Star Wars/Star Trek/Dr. Who and dress up as character from one of those franchises and go to a con. It was never about that. We didn't live and die by our hobbies. That was just the stuff we were into. We were oddball kids who were too smart for our own good and just liked certain stuff. It wasn't a religion or lifestyle. We weren't "nerds" and "geeks". We were just people. That's

The only good movie he did was Shaun of the Dead.

This is why everyone laughs at united zog of america.

It's more that genuine "nerd stuff" used to be hardcore sci-fi and fantasy stuff. Ones that had magic and shit in them but were clearly designed as more serious fare at their core by people who were gifted writers.

Star Wars and capeshit was designed at the core to be kiddie shit. And any attempts to make it more serious will always suffer from the fact that both of these are fundamentally children's fare.

What the fuck is your problem, I have a growth impairment.

Superman is a BASED dacaryan

I'm pretty sure Star Wars was made for 10-16 year olds. You underestimate how intelligent they can be.

what a surprise

That's true for capeshit tbh.

That's not something you can sell to the mindless consumers.

go ahead. becoming a published author has never been easier than it is now.

I you're a lesbian nigger tranny or a white mega cuck. Current science fiction publishers only want stories about groid women with afros btfo whitey. I'm not even joking.

*if

t. butthurt cumskin

Kike detected

He said 12

Superman and his creators were kikes.

It's pretty futile tbh. The old venues are dead and the audience pretty much isn't there anymore, the white middle class is dead. The way it used to be was that you'd start out with short stories and get published in anthologies or magazines and go from there. It was a great way of introducing new writers and for them to get a good start. Short stories are the best format for science fiction and it teaches writers valuable lessons for when they write their novels.

Self published authors never get that discipline that the writers of old had and they pretty much only shit out garbage, often derivative and only one step above fanfiction.

Well, that's the optimal age tbh. You could go slightly younger or a bit older and it'd still be fine though.

I guess that answers your original question then. what happened to making original sci-fi is that there's not enough demand for it anymore.

That wasn't my question, user.

really? then what did you mean with ?

No, that wasn't me, it's a different user.

fuck all of you nerds, gl marrying a woman that will accept your kiddie shit, sweeties ;)

communist jew spotted

Nice logic there, Shlomo.

your country exists only to serve kikes

hes right

this guy probably thinks watchmen is some kinda comic equivalent to the prince, or paradise lost, or the illiad or something

Have a look at his twitter some time. He's a total retard.

nerd/geek subculture is trash, but these people should be the last ones to talk about it

But America is jewtopia

that's what I said: a commie

that movie is literally revenge of the Jews

to be fair, so are most Hollywood movies

Sure you can. You just can’t write yet another science fiction novel no one will read.

You have to write for the audience that exists, and what exists for books is Romance and/or erotica. You can self-publish and be successful to that audience.

Then what about the techno union?

Why can't you grow up OP

You realize that most of that shit is watched by people with their kids? Which you will never have?

The irony is this has been posted hundreds of times on 4chan and is therefore to be completely disregarded as pure autism and cancer.

That's only really a half-truth, everyone knows that's something told to nerds in school to stop them killing themselves (you'll be the boss someday!) when in reality it isn't some perfect indicator of financial success, much less so quality of life. Even more so when the uncool nerds aren't even that smart compared to their popular counterparts.

holy shit that jodorowsky quote is hilarious

It's more accurate to say nerds suddenly shot up in stature when everyone's social life moved to the Internet, and the nerds had already been there, forging shit for the last 20 years. When you wander into a community, and everyone laughs at you for having never seen Gundam, suddenly the tables are turned.

How do I turn my science fiction story into erotica for lonely fat women with shekels to spend, famalam?

Nerd Culture was the last refuge of masculinity. It got targeted and destroyed.

Imitate the book Twilight. That's how 50 shades of Grey got written/popular

It just makes the twist in The World's End even more hilarious.

ain't nobody watched that garbage all the way through

And yours only exists to serve US. How pathetic that you are at the mercy of a servile nation.

hilarious

I wanna be a Toys R Us kid.

No it was never masculine, but it was mostly white and that's why they destroyed it.
They destroyed it, notice after they destroyed the masculine things such sports (now nigger ball). It's a form of no platforming so that whites will have no alternative to pozzed shit.

judeo-bolshevik.

That chain is now bankrupt.

t. lonely cumskin

t. shitskin

Never catching on, /freech/.

The ghost was just Prince Hamlet's imagination, wasn't it?

yes

What a surprise, all casual normalfag shit that's shit because normalfags have shit taste and gravitate towards awful things that become more awful the more the creators pander to their awful audience.

because life sucks unless you're really attractive and/or jewish

lmao