Hotline Miami Thread

Just beat this great games and holy shit i should've played this sooner

For me, I liked the swan siblings, I liked the idea of 2 in 1 for gameplay, and the chainsaw sound effects meshed really well with the tracks.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!IlMGybYY!_d91B5PsjIiXfEGhCuQXPQ
modworkshop.net/mydownloads.php?action=browse_cat&cid=230
mega.nz/#!bQ81TJIT!a8mVPBHWo6F1bJVszqw-3KosAEkrmJ2Mranez2xWtWQ
youtube.com/watch?v=dpoOsbWUK2g&list=PLrs_KC23dBdNj4oAO8MbOT_dXmgyOEFJi
steamcommunity.com/games/453800/announcements/detail/528440583672764492
elhuervo.bandcamp.com/track/turf
a.pomf.cat/eyjbdx.ogg
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198027523962/myworkshopfiles/
mega.nz/#!Gc1CGbjD!r0Sym1TLeCjw_ZzYWw80vTkSGwStn0epBKEIXsJUH1s
dl.humble.com/HotlineMiami2-DRMFree-Win32-1.0.8-02-11-2016.exe?gamekey=FmUaSsBSWcRWYNFU&ttl=1486088539&t=e97c197b2f06a03b5a3ed59fcaa5e17c
dl.humble.com/HotlineMiami_windows_1392944214.zip?gamekey=pqCeGvWRdbK5YhFN&ttl=1486088539&t=682c25ff4ed858275b8f9d3ca45dbe1c
dl.humble.com/pinkapp_games_CdHIx/12_is_Better_Than_6_DRMFree.exe?gamekey=HYHfk48Bfa3ATdd8&ttl=1486125351&t=1d550f4386e8a52cd770bb5023a54870
dl.humble.com/HEAVYBULLETS_105_WIN.zip?gamekey=rqTsbMx2GzKMa46h&ttl=1486127330&t=b76b93025d9589a672c06b208471cf07
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

these*

Gotta get a grip of my grammar

I like everything about these games except for the uncreative, samey bullshit licensed soundtrack. "Synthwave" is not really my thing.

My biggest issue with the game was that the second game's main gameplay revolves around peeling onion layers little by little until you clean every floor.
For a game that is supposed to have wide variety of weapons, mask powerups, and different powers to tackle rooms differently, the main gameplay always and always consisted of slowly peeling the layers of enemies in order to advance.
I liked the soundtrack, it fit right with the gameplay and gave a "kill them all johnny" vibe.
The first game was more fast paced because you could rambo in for score/combo and there was risk/reward ratios. The second game had the right idea with different characters and a non-chronological storyline that slowly makes sense, but I feel like it wasn't cooked properly.
Both games were great though

I wish the borders weren't dimmed, I wished the resolution options were better, what's with the non-standard aspect ratio? How come the game doesn't have frameskipping? MOON's music is garbage.

oh yeah check these quads

I liked Crystals, Hydrogen and Paris from Moon but thats about it.

The tracks that really get no love, and actually are really proper fits for the game, are the non-combat/stage tracks. Like the track when Jacket is in his appartment getting the calls, or when he is visiting his friend to get pizza or beer to unwind, those tracks really fit the theme of the game.

Sorry for no webm

Either Le Perv or Roller Mobster
Can't say for sure, I definitely prefer the first game levels of the second though
Motherfucking Brandon, can't fuck what you can't catch

That mask was overpowered to be honest
Along with Tony in the first game

Tony is also grrrreat but I prefer being lightning

The first game honestly was a lot better for me, I liked it about being a just straight up mind fuck, and then transforming into a revenge story. As for 2, I wasn't a huge fan of it. I thought it lost a lot of the magic the first one had, and just how fucking bad ass Richard was it also made no sense how Richard was just popping up all over the place for the other characters, I get it's symbolic how it all ties back to him someway but how he kinda just tells everyone what's up like he's like their conscious was kinda weird and didn't add up to me.

come to think of it, i also missed the threads on the game back when

though 2 was pretty fucking windows
have some pics i saved while ago

oh yeah. FUCK the windows in 2

Boy the best part, was you try to shoot them first then have a asshole down a hallway and shoot you as you open fire. fucking joy.

To be honest I would've had much less problem if shift-looking around worked the same as in HM1. I bet it would've helped the level design too.

Eeyup.

Never really play 2 the whole too much windows and lack of mask turn me off, but the first one is still a favorite. At least 2 give us the "GOTTA GET A GRIP"

Underrated song ineeded, it paints the erratic live that Jacket had. Knock Knock is a good song too.

I think having one character with different masks was a lot better gameplay wise as well.

This is my theory

the 50 blessings group making the phone calls are relying on drug-induced mind control to get expendable vigilantes to dispose of ruskies, eventually leading to their desired war against russia
50 blessings had already started the experimental drug ever since honolulu,hawaii 1985 when Beard was fighting the ruskies, trying it on their soldiers from the shadows. Beard's leiutenant was a prototype of the drug, which heightens humans animalistic senses, desire for violence and dominance
All of the characters are affected by this drug, whether because they're self-destructive (the son, his father), by accident (the son's best man who takes the pill because he gave it to him), or fed to them by the 50 blessing members. The foods, the water, 50 blessings tapped into these to make the populace mind-controllable. Apart from the masked friends who were initially bored, theres a scene where they get pizza and food, and after ingesting richard (the rooster mask) appears on them, confirming they're now mind-controllable. In effect, they get the hotline call and become good goys and the biggest mission follows.

at the end of hotline Miami 2, it is confirmed all drugged mask users and characters can see Richard, and that they can richard serves as a server where they can see each other, setting a great potential layout for a sequel

About Richard:
Richard is stated to be the opposite of Evan's reason for writing his book. writing his book is giving closure, tying the knots, finding reason. Richard is a being, a collective personality shared among the drugged characters, which appears thanks to the drug, the desire to use animalistic violence and instincts to survive, meshed with the desire to do the right things, except with actions instead with words. Richard is the one with questions that need answering, but sadly unable to make the answers, because he has no body and is just the animal inside all of them. Richard is not Jacket IMHO, confirmed at the end of HM2 when he tells Richter he is not who he think he is, so there's no remorse. Richard naturally met Beard in the war, without any drugs and the only one not induced, just awakened naturally from do-or-die scenery of war

I'd love to see a sequel in another city where survives enact judgment on 50 blessings

Now that I think about it, the "GET A GRIP" level is also fucking great. Playing a crazy murderous acid trip and killing the fans was amazing.

Been wanting to give the games a try, but is it unbearably hard?

Yeah, except that the game ends with everything and everyone dying because the creators didn't wanted to make another sequel. Speaking of that what are they up to now?

So then why does the biker show up then, why is he the only one who knows that their behind it all.

Fuck me I need sleep. The survivors*

Wait a second. The chick is the Chainsaw user?

Not at all. It's super easy. You can cheese the game in many ways. The second game even has Lock-on if you don't want to even aim at the enemies.

The biker shows up in the first game, he finds out the ((50 blessings)) are the enemies in the shadows doing the hotline calls and mind-controlling people with a technique that highlights if they don't do what they're told there would be consequences, along with threatens and blackmailing. I don't think the writing is high enough to justify why characters were selected by this group. They just were because they seemed competent to them and that's it. But anyway the biker wanted out, and so far he is the only one aware of the 50 blessings group, along with Evans and Pardo at the end of 2.
My theory is Evans and Pardo survived, because the secret level in 2 is a 50 blessings shelter, and all 50 blessings shelter are nuclear shelters. hence they're in the sewers. ((They)) knew a bomb was coming.

The levels are a series of floors. If you die before moving to the next floor, you press X to instantly restart. There is no punishment for dying, it's just endless do overs.You can move slowly and take your time, or go balls out for a huge combo, which only exists for brownie points due to the hidden stuff being accessed through a single collectable. 2 feels a lot cheaper when dying, so start with 1. You just have to be good with timing.

Someone needs to download a shit ton of level editor levels off steam so people who bought from gog or pirated the game can actually play them.

fug, haven't looked up hotline miami related stuff in a while

>SiIvaGunner

I find it interesting that the son was a playable character.
The way they unveiled the story has a lot of potential. The entire game's setting, characters and theme have potential to be done for some excellent writing just waiting to happen. They had the right idea with many characters and non-chronological order, but the devs went full retard and ended with .
I honestly think the series deserves a closure that gives purpose to the characters because at the end of the day its just the player looking at gOOD GOYS being mindless and with no purpose

I didn't mind many characters with different powers
The problem is that the game is not very long, so each charcater only gets 2 or 3 levels, not giving enough room to try out or play the different masks from each character's arsenal. Same with the weapons of Beard in hawai

Wouldn't that ruin most of the plot? It would feel kinda weird to be an outright hero with all you do during the game. Unless it would be like American Drakengard or something.

Well that wasn't kind of the point of the first HM? Story and propuse doesn't really matters when playing a game

I played it for the gameplay og was good, 2 was ruined

get good

They're demons doing what they do best, killing commies and terrorists with their bear hands. If anything it is more powerful to know they're willingly doing it instead of just drug-induced or mind-controlled.
I think a select-your-character screen and then they shared masks, with each character having a trait (the space bar was dodge roll, other characters could have other things) while the mask is a passive bonus would be a neat idea.

You can make a great game with great gameplay and also a great story. Doesn't have to be deep or complex, but still a good story. The first HM was simple and clean. HM2 was convoluted and didn't develop or finish cooking.

Inner Animal
Deadline, that fucking van fight was intense
Jake. I love emptying a shotgun into a room, backing up and throwing it t the dumbasses who try and corner me

So go full unrepentant 50 Blessings?

Eeeeeh. We didn't get to play as The Colonel and all, true.

Also no, the characters are "just there" with the exception of Evans, the investigator trying to write a book. They have no purpose outside of being mind controlled expendable vigilantes. MC of first game took his vengeance and gave closure to the first game, giving the first game the satisfaction of knowing the MC took it to its own hands. The second game, the fans and the rest are just there, and its kind of sad because the developer gave them appealing personalities and lots of uniqueness mostly shown by proxy by their different gameplay mechanics and simple yet appealing design and color pallettes. It's sad to see them just get shot and that's that.
I'm not expecting them to survive, they had sinned big time, but at least the ones that dindu nuffin, like Richter, Evans,Pardo, Jacket, Beard, Pardo should give closure to the story in a sequel or some sort of DLC would even suffice.

Also forgot to mention, Roller Mobster was great and fit Death Wish really well.

You can make do with what anons on here have made, at least
mega.nz/#F!IlMGybYY!_d91B5PsjIiXfEGhCuQXPQ

Same fam, I only enjoyed the ambient tracks like this one, that have a melancholic feel to them. Also liked the level clear themes because of the dark mood they set.

I already did, back on the old pirate version. Two of the maps I made are in that mega folder. All these redditor faggots have made a shit ton of new levels that I should be able to play with my paid copy of the game, save for the fact that these swedes are incompetent shits and you can't access anything from steam workshop without having a good goy account. Just download a bunch of them, take the files and upload them for the rest of the world to use.

In HM2
Future club
Blood money
Pardo. Love his gun executions.

I know its a slipper slope for cliches, but the formula would be tight. You steal masks (or recruit users) depending on your choices. Godamnit you yuppie devolver digital devs you could make a great fucking game and fix your shitty convoluted story right here

good taste

The music is one of the things I liked most about it.

Lawrence Fishburne as Richard

I can already feel myself being drained and exhausted. That does sound like a very large scale plot that would feel nice and different from HM 1/2's scale.

It would have to be the true final game.
Let's also remember HM2 had a lot of x3/x4 floor scenes, which were pretty tiresome
Fuck that Prison level.

They really nailed the feeling of hiding from giga niggas and shooting them while they're not noticing so they don't ravage your ass

i really enjoyed both games. i was giving up on (new) games when hotline miami came out and it slowly but surely renewed my passion.

my nigga

Well whatever gets you off user.

never said retcon, just use whatever characters survived the bomb.

Biker is the only one.

Both were amazing games and I never had any trouble with windows. I keep playing it and I never get fucked over by windows.

Midnight Animal when?

Eh, OK.

This site has some levels for GOG users:
modworkshop.net/mydownloads.php?action=browse_cat&cid=230

I can see it

From HM1 - They're all good but Miami Disco
From HM2 - They're all good but Sexualizer

From HM1 - Don't have one, they're all good
From HM2 - They're all good, but the one where you escape from prison as Richter, I can't remember the name. Also Execution, but I just wish it was longer.

From HM1 - Richard because the classics never die (and at the risk of sounding like an edgy faggot, the alligator mask for the more gore effect)
From HM2 - Tony the motherfucking tiger baby, but I also liked Evan purely for the rage ability mechanic.

Yeah, it confused me at first too. And on top of that, Alex is the chick's name and Ash is the guy's name. I always thought it was the other way around with Ash being short for Ashley.

the game could be a live a live-style story telling where they all gather at the final chapter to beat the big bad and it would be great

hotline miami 1 was overall better than 2 imo. the hawaiian levels and snake mask levels were the most annoying in particular. at least 2 has a way better soundtrack though.

Expectations?

nevar evar is my expectation.

No update on ModDB since May, despite that post saying he had lots of free time.

Giving the game a try, and currently on chapter 2. Despite of dying, it's pretty fun.

Creator is a deranged lefty too hung up on the story of a game about killing people, and suffers from "woe is me" way too easily

I really can't decide if I like it or not from the demo I played. It feels really different from the original Hotline Miami games which is alright, but it's too different if you're going into it expecting the same shit as the original two. It's fun I guess, but it kinda feels like you could get better stuff out of the level editor. Also the song they used in the demo was shit.

A drawfag made this a while ago, thought you guys would like it.

Is the editor stable now or still shit tier?

rpg maker IIRC

From what I understand it's stable now.

I love silver lights

Meme mod when?

Hotline Miami + Doom mod when?

it's power would be making enemies drop their weapons by accident (chance to drop weps) when they move and/or shoot. This is symbollic, since they would be dropping their spaghetti at the smug pepe.

Just played the demo and read the summary of its story
It's an ex-fifty blessings who gets redpilled and goes destroying them from within.
I think the dev wants to give form to the story he's been wanting to elaborate but really couldn't properly finish in HM2
Honestly he just time skipped to current year, which is lazy but a safe and risk-free approach

That's kinda lazy, not really how the naming conventions in the games work
It's probably cheesy as fuck, but I'd go with Don

First picture's resolution is too low tbh

What was the song used for the demo?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Obligatory post.

HLM3 WHEN

When the devs need more NEETbux

WAIT A SECOND
THE PIXELS AREN'T EVEN
THIS IS NOT PIXEL ART
THIS IS FORGERY
DRAWFAG IS A FAG

I fixed it. He just looks fatter now, i'm not very good with this though.

What the fuck are you talking about? The music is probably the best thing about hotline miami. Granted, the first one's soundtrack was a bit repetitive, but it was still miles ahead of anything you might hear in any game in the last 10 years.
Best song is Remorse

I just wish the second game would have been better. The focus on guns and windows really ruined it for me. I stopped playing it pretty early on during one of the detectives levels. I just got tired of being shot from off screen.

mynigga

damn nigger, where have you been, wish i saved those Alex / Corey pics

Probably NEVER EVER
but hey, Liru finally did came out last year so maybe
Reminds me of an user who tried to make a fangame about Carl the Cuck Cricket with his friends, i wonder what happened to him? I think his project mostly fizzled out on it's own though

Yep this, even though there are mountains of shit on the workshop, there are some good ones that are pretty creative such as a gauntlet-like floor where the enemy comes for you instead of the other way around

The soundtrack is really good, but that doesn't mean you could excuse the shittier ones
Track such as
and some others that are simply forgettable background music
Though there are tracks that started out shit, but ended up being pretty good such as Run

Oh yeah, I like dust.

This is the song that was used. Just doesn't sound to me like something you'd hear in a Hotline Miami game.

So how bout that level editor, huh

As someone who used to really be into synth music from the 70s and 80s i didn't like it, this new "synthwave" music is usually shite, artists like Perturbator whose songs all sound the same and pretend to make "le epin 80s retrofuturism synthwave xd" are a bunch of hacks making repetitive noises while smashing their heads against their keyboards.

You know the name of this remix?

reminds me of this song a bit

I always wondered why everybody is mad at nuke ending of 2, yet nobody was mad at Helmets side of story essentially retconning Jackets story, by killing Jacket midway his story. Also windows ain't that bad, it's just gunplay made better, but melee was made useless and dodge move barely works.

Anyway, what's up with Midnight Animal? I need my fix man.

Really? I find it pretty hotline miami-sh, though it also gives me Madness Combat vibes. They should use more powerful songs.

Lamentably no

Because that wasn't canon, it was a "what if" scenario that also served to show the secret ending. Biker is dead by 2

Biker wasn't canon.

Fuck Midnight Animal.

Dev is a lefty that hasn't given any updates in 9 months. Also said the game is not a spiritual successor to HM and we should stop asking him why "X" feature isn't in it.

All weapons listed are reskins of HM ones, with some weapons have 2-3 reskins (3 6 bullet shotguns etc), new weapons are bought instead of unlocked, same for masks, and he told everyone to deal with it.

Here you go guys. It has most of the more highly rated stuff from the workshop.

mega.nz/#!bQ81TJIT!a8mVPBHWo6F1bJVszqw-3KosAEkrmJ2Mranez2xWtWQ

Biker is in a secret sequence with the writer in HM2, I think you can also see him outside the courthouse

Great stuff, have some synth.

youtube.com/watch?v=dpoOsbWUK2g&list=PLrs_KC23dBdNj4oAO8MbOT_dXmgyOEFJi
How is this repetitive? Honest Question. They don't all sound the same too me.

Just played the demo of Midnight Animal, holy shit, it's buggy like hell, if this is supposed to be a "demonstration" of the final product I'm sure it's going to be a mess. Couldn't he called it an alpha or early access? It would be more fitting. Also, I'm actually amazed nobody commented about this, I doubt I'm out of luck because it's very basic stuff, I'll point some:

And holy shit, it's too short, it's just a two-floored mission, no cutscenes, no prelude, no highscore, no rating. To be honest, I really wonder what's the point of making a demo for a free game. On a good side, it's really well polished, if you ignore the bug part

EDIT: Saw a youtube video and just discovered there's an hidden cutscene, well played I guess.

His new album was pretty shit, and the Sexualizer EP is the only thing he's released that is notably distinct from his singular style in terms of tone and theming. By the time you get to Uncanny Valley, you can basically predict every fast aggressive section and the deep lumbering section before it happens.That's not to say there isn't a lot of variety in Synthwave, but if all you hear is Perturbator or his imitators and fuckbuddies who are all quite popular, the claim of repetition is justified.

But what about Dangerous Days?

MAXIMUM COMF

Probably the apex of Perturbator's form, and a great album. But whilst other artists have good range and can tackle a large variety of themes (Mega Drive), or have constantly evolved the style of their music in new and interesting ways (Gost), every Perturbator album is the fucking same. You can skip to a random moment in any of his songs and whilst the intensity and proficiency varies, the core, the real bones of his sound is always the same. Sexualizer is the closest to an exception, with the underlying synths taking on a somewhat different and more upbeat timbre. Combine that with closely connected people in the Blood Music roster, and imitators like Occams Laser, and it's not a huge leap to assume all synthwave is like that.

If I recall correctly, I think James Kent (Perturbator) may be dropping Perturbator because even he's getting bored of his sound? It sounds fine but as you said, it is samey.

I may not know which ones you mean specifically, but have these at least

This may suffice
many thanks

She Swallowed Burning Coals

That one was great and a perfect fit for the game, and especially the level.

Is this made by Dennaton?

ohmygodyes

easiest cosplay ever.

Hype as fuck

It's interesting to see OP come to similar conclusions about HM2 to most of Holla Forums more or less independently.

I can understand disliking the soundtrack on a personal level and perhaps even calling it samey but uncreative is a strange one. I certainly cannot think of any other game pre-HM1 that went the same route musically. I suspect the sameyness partly stems from the music almost encouraging you to play recklessly or 'in-character' though I'd agree with this user

fucking windows.
all levels with Pardo were windows and enemies off screen

steamcommunity.com/games/453800/announcements/detail/528440583672764492
Well hes got a demo up. It has bugs, but its not a widow-world of glass and bullets, which is good news. Some(?) guns can be reloaded.

Best song is Turf, if you listen to the whole thing: elhuervo.bandcamp.com/track/turf
What the MA guy needs is something like embedded.

wondering why i didn't have much interest in fanart after finishing the games
perhaps the ost was enough

I agree most synthwave sounds the same, but then again every genre of music has this problem. Most of the songs in HM perfectly fit the theme and pace of the game. It's a matter of taste in the end. also best level is Demolition :^)

please respond

You had 21 hours to use google, m8.

NO ITS NOT DENNATON

thanks

Granted it takes no time, but then again typing "no its not him" is easier than adding a reaction image and typing "You had 21 hours to use google, m8" m8

Anyway if its not Dennaton then fucking dropped and into the trash it goes. Saw the demo and the cutscene was fucking cringe with the girl. He did a good job for fanmade, and the spritework copy-catting the style is something to respect, but the writing just kills it. It was pretty cringe.

Hotline Miami was a fluke.

I don't like to reward bad behavior

Maybe HM2, but I do believe the second game was a big testing field of both narrative choices as well as gameplay mechanics

There's a difference between not rewarding bad behavior and being a faggot.

Yeah, it's called bumping your own thread with no content to reiterate a question that is incredibly easy to answer by searching up and which you had an entire day to search up, faggot.

That's one big presumption. Maybe I was actually curious if the game was fan-made or not and thought someone could tell me with ease. No need to be shitposting retard. The only one being a little bitch is you.

If you're not going to contribute to the thread, then fuck off. The only one with bad behavior, as well as detrimental, is you.

Someone could tell you with ease, it's called ten seconds in google, you lazy bitch.

Somebody could make a continuation of all these same characters' stories but it would have to take place in the Afterlife. Specifically, the Egyptian one where you have to go on an arduous journey rife with danger to make it to Anubis who has to measure your heart to see if your good enough to enter (if you're not: you get eaten by Sobek).

Fuck me. Now I have to find something else to kill time.

She didn't deserve that.

tfw midnight animal is legit the only thing i'm looking forward to in games

I prefer HM1 over HM2, although the OST is overall probably better in HM2.
Both games are pretty damned good though.

Has anyone here played russia bleeds? Is it any good? It has that similar deranged and brutal vibe, although it doesn't looks as good or as fun as HM.

Gameplay was alright, soundtrack is pretty good, but not as high energy as hotline miami, at least not as often

Is it worth a playthrough?

sure

devolver makes some pretty hype trailers

Even after playing the demo?

A tie between Hydrogen and Untitled (Green Kingdom)
Probably one of HM1s levels, less windows, easier to go in and just slap shit
HM1: Don Juan, HM2: Tony

this a.pomf.cat/eyjbdx.ogg
i can't remember anymore
Tony was good but not in HLM2.

It didn't make Jacket die, it just made Biker survive the fight although heavily wounded, so it's still Jackets story, except biker survived
I'm curious though since biker got his ass beat does that mean he still killed the janitors in the sewer later?

HM1:
Miami Disco, Knock Knock, Inner Animal, Silver Lights, Paris
Decadence, Clean Hit, Crackdown, Assault, Vengeance, Push It
Zach, Brandon, Tony

HM2:
Divide, Roller Mobster, NARC, Sexualizer, Fahkeet
Apocalypse, Death Wish, Take Over, Homicide
Corey, The Cop, The Son

Liked the first a lot more in the second. When I finished it, I had an idea cooking that I'd like to use the level editor to create an alternative sequel based on
Jacket's exploits after the first game, with characters from 2 in alternate roles. Maybe if I ever stop being a lazy NEET shit I'l do it.

Probably not, saw him a couple weeks ago to a sold out house. There were cucks everywhere, too.

I hate my life sometimes.

I saw that line about a sold out house, and I thought you were talking about Louie.
It was funnier before I moused over the reply.

How do you add levels from the Workshop to the GOG install? What's the directory to place them in?

documents/My Games/HotlineMiami2/levels

Also, in the "levels" folder there are two subfolders for campaigns and single levels.

Thanks.
I'll start ripping levels from the workshop and upload them for everyone.

I've already got a decently large pack here , but there's definitely more stuff than that on the workshop.

Oh nice. I downloaded that pack earlier but didn't unarchve it until just now. Didn't expect there to be so many.
When did you last update that? I'll just start uploading things from after your last update, so I don't start uploading dupes.

I wanna marry that webm

Kind of, I went with the official jacket, some gauze roll for the hand wraps.
I commissioned a friend to paint the gun like Jacket's Piece from Payday 2.
pic related, me last weekend

I made that pack around a week ago, specifically for this thread.

George Costanza mod when?

Good on you.
Too bad I can't get the levels working on GOG. I think I need a newer version, so I just redownloaded HM2 as a Steam rip uploaded a few months ago.

no the janitors show up later in hm2

I've got the Humble version of HM2, how do I get the games to work for that?

Is that…the Grinch?

It should be Documents > My Games > Hotline Miami 2 > Levels. I dont have the GOG version, so it may be different for you. Just search around all folders related to the game until you find a folder named "levels" I guess.

He's a ghost.

I think the plot of the Hotline Miami games are really meant for you to fill in the blanks with your own interpretations.
In which case, its made super loose just to barely justify going from one game board to the next.

I don't think there is actually any real coherent plot you can make here. Especially trying to bridge 1 and 2.

With 1 you can get a plot of a guy that's a contracted killer. Likely doing loads of drugs. His lifestyle catches up to him eventually.
The Biker showing up is likely of little consequence and I think really in the end it is up to you to choose which storyline you want to believe happened.
Did Biker kill Jacket? Did Jacket kill Biker? Are neither of them dead?

There is a clear distinction with Biker though. He did explicitly say that he wanted to do those sorts of things for a thrill but wanted out of it.
You are given no real origin for Jacket though.
No real conclusions to either, for that matter.

That's pretty fuckin sweet, good job

You're not wrong.

I can get levels, but not campaigns to work. No idea why.

The intro to Execution is one of the best memories I have of the game
Great way to get pumped up for the level.

Agreed

That's because you need to rename the folder called levels to single.
I found this in an obscure youtube video with 10 views while no one else mentioned it.

Mind linking that obscure youtube video to me? By default my filed were set this way. I tried renaming levels to single and moving both the individual levels folder and campaigns around, but I couldn't get it to work.

Rename "levels" to "Levels".
Move the "single" zip folder in case it's trying to open that. I've had a few programs think zips are folders.

Couldn't find you the video, I purge my browser including history almost daily. I searched for "Hotline Miami 2 GOG play custom levels".

Turns out all I was missing was one little s (campaigns instead of campaign), but thanks anyways.

Talk about pleb.

2 explains everything but also gives the player the middle finger as far as a conclusion goes

Jacket is the guy beard saves in the plant.

Journalist is unintentionally the one who gives jacket the photo thrown at the "end" of hm

Large implication Jacket joined 50 blessings due to beard getting nuked by Russians in San Fran in a business he owned. (Hotline 1, you see the 50 blessings membership brochure on jackets table, right click to read).

50 blessings is an organization run by beard and jackets commanding spec ops officer in the Hawaii insurgency.

From richer we learn 50 blessings gets people to kill for them by threatening them with bring killed by others. Many don't realize it's 50 blessings membership documents giving all the information they need, as it's just an anti Russia protest group.

And understanding what lead to 50 blessings and jackets actions doesn't matter because everyone dies in a nuclear holocaust before he's even judged for his crimes.

well i replied to bait i guess

Here's the thing
Dennaton is a hack and cannot into proper storytelling
so he decided to just bomb his work

the game has a lot of glaring issues

The other non-mask users don't have anything special. The son pretty much encompasses the three gimmicks (machine gun, no guns/strong punches/roll dodge)

Only other unique user is the guy with the snake masks I guess, but it doesn't matter because he only has two missions.

If you're a boring person, maybe.

Miami feels incredibly satisfying at the end of every level.
Decadence, Apocalypse, and Push It.
Brandon is my favourite ability, Flamethrower the most fun, and Richard the coolest looking.

It's not an imperative question. I can just post and wait for someone to respond casually. You must be autistic if you can't comprehend people have different things to do and that that question is not really of grave matter.

I'm more inclined to say that the Richard mask has the virtue of being more iconic compared to the other masks since it actually had a connection to the plot
Best looking mask is always Jake, what can go wrong with a green cobra mask?

Isn't that pic used for Hotline Miami's Japanese release? i wonder why is the game popular in japan?

WHO THE FUCK BUILDS WINDOWS INSIDE AN APARTMENT BLOCK

The Hotline Miami games are my favorite indie games of all time. With the state of indie games now, I don't think that can ever be topped. Best soundtrack, great gameplay (Yes, even in 2, fight me) and an interesting story. Anyone have some great editor levels to play? Been a while since I've done some.

its so short. i thought a game this simple would have more levels

My buddy's been hounding me to play his HM2 levels for a while, but I don't own it on Steam. Do you think you can download them for me and make them compatible with non-Steam versions of the game?
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198027523962/myworkshopfiles/

brickell avenue yuppies

You are correct. It's a pity really.

Have you seen the Hotline Miami spiritual movie adaption?

I know Megadrive can be samey, but I like this track

Neon 80s aesthetic with Pixelated graphics, Japs eat retro shit like that up, except unlike the San-Fran Hipsters they know what makes a game good and bad

have you?

Anyone else buy the 2 runs of the games' soundtracks on Vinyl? I know I know, hipster faggotry, but the art in the gatefold jackets is really nice, The quality on all the colored LPs is pretty nice too

Stuff like pic related would make a nice poster or wallpaper

this movie is kind of dumb tbh

Morale of Drive is don't be a cuck

I just pirated the OST on wav and called it a day

I would have, but I ain't got monies like that, yo. Vinyl is something I want to get into once I pay off my loans.

UGH FINE

Disgusting.

Here you go.
mega.nz/#!Gc1CGbjD!r0Sym1TLeCjw_ZzYWw80vTkSGwStn0epBKEIXsJUH1s

She's still married and chooses him over the MC
He is fine with it

But you are right he's not really a cuck, just a person doing a poor decision

Also, Standard is supposed to be Mediterranean, so the race-mixing isnt nearly as bad as it could have been.

He's not mediterranean. He's full blown cholo/mixed latino and black.

That's the actor, not necessarily the character. Even then, it could be a lot worse.

Thanks, guy! Although it looks like my version of the game doesn't have level editor support. I need to download the latest version, the one I currently have is from 2015.

dl.humble.com/HotlineMiami2-DRMFree-Win32-1.0.8-02-11-2016.exe?gamekey=FmUaSsBSWcRWYNFU&ttl=1486088539&t=e97c197b2f06a03b5a3ed59fcaa5e17c

dl.humble.com/HotlineMiami_windows_1392944214.zip?gamekey=pqCeGvWRdbK5YhFN&ttl=1486088539&t=682c25ff4ed858275b8f9d3ca45dbe1c

Doesn't look like anyone's posted links to the games yet, so I guess I'll be the one. Lurkers and front-page scrollers, if you've wanted to join the thread but had nothing to talk about, now's your chance to verse yourselves.

Fuck me, I've been trying to make this post for the last 40 minutes, Firefox is a memory-leaking piece of shit

Could've sworn the character was blacker. The actor is caucassian so nevermind.

This always did frustrate me, don't forget that the bitch was boring and really just a shallow unrelatable character, the story was shit and was really the worst part of the movie, everything else was good

Good shit

Hotline miami live action movie when?

what is that pic from?

Mating season 1 and 2

You begged to be spoonfed an absurdly basic question that you had infinite time to answer yourself with ten seconds in google. It's a move befitting of only newfags and children.

Something from the "funny yet cruel" set on pxiv, I found it whilst grabbing mokou reaction images.

By the way all of you are wrong and Bloodline is the best track haters need to get good

Yeah you are autistic. extremely projecting. Trait of presumptions. Can't even drop the subject. You're just looking for something to be autistic about.

hotline miami 2 was a terrible mistake. 1 was a fantastic exercise in reflexes, planning, mobility and tactics, and 2 was an exercise in "do this level EXACTLY this way and hope that nobody paths past those seven hundred windows or lol ur dead try again"

also fuck you whoever didn't like MOON's music, hydrogen was a fantastic song to smash skulls to

dl.humble.com/pinkapp_games_CdHIx/12_is_Better_Than_6_DRMFree.exe?gamekey=HYHfk48Bfa3ATdd8&ttl=1486125351&t=1d550f4386e8a52cd770bb5023a54870

For anyone who cares, I also have 12 Is Better Than 6.

Use this magnet:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:5bd4c60e7c9afa694db5f6091dec2f3dc4e623ea

It's a Steam ripped copy of the game with the latest update.
Just install it and remove the GOG or whatever copy you already have, the new one will still use your save file.
Press ESC to switch between the Campaigns and single levels. Took me ages to figure that one out.

NEVAR EVAR because no one would fund such a violent film, and then the plot would be turned into an even more pretentious shitfest.

There is, however, a few fan films based on HM2, revolving around the kids. Can't remember what it was called, but it was fairly decent.

Forced meme/10.

Oh, no, you see, updating a game on Humble is just a matter of re-downloading the latest installer. It doesn't patch the games, you need to re-download and re-install them. The link I posted is the latest one.

Oh, well that's pretty neat.

I went to Steam to check out 12 is better than 6, and I didn't realise there were so many shitty HM knock offs. None of them look at all fun. Well, except that one where you play as a cop and have limited sight, that looks like it might be neat.

You just earned yourself another link.

dl.humble.com/HEAVYBULLETS_105_WIN.zip?gamekey=rqTsbMx2GzKMa46h&ttl=1486127330&t=b76b93025d9589a672c06b208471cf07

I think it shares a few similarities to HM, one-hit kills and all.

It was probably because he had a real thick beard. in the movie

Does anyone know how to setup a hybrid mouse + controller control scheme with Hotline Miami without MotionInJoy?

I actually just bought a new controller and tried it out on HM2 today.
Not sure if HM one works the same as I haven't tried, but HM2 lets you use the keyboard, mouse and controller at any point; you don't need to swap control schemes in the menu.

Could you draw a picture or take a photo of how you intend to hold this? It just seems to strange in my head. Do you want one hand on the left of the controller and right hand on the mouse?

w2cop Dennis mask or similar

Something like this but with a regular controller.

just use a lightgun

Huh, never new controllers like that existed.

Anyways, I just did some testing on both games.
HM2 fully supports hybrid controller/mouse: You can use it like like that picture.
HM1 does not, from what I can see in my test. When you send an input from the controller, the mouse is unfocused from the window. When you reclick the screen with the mouse, the controller will just unfocus it as soon as you give an input.

What am i seeing here?
Do people actually buy this?

Why am I the only person that likes Run?

No, Run is best
It's psychedelic and actually worms into your ears for some reason