Game Boy Color thread

OP was a massive faggot last time and deleted the thread all of a sudden when conversation was going. Lets get comfy and talk about the comfiest handheld ever made.

I ordered a bunch of GBC games. some accessories, and the system itself, and it's honestly amazing to use. The cartridges have this satisfying click to them when you put them in, and the system looks bulky and funky, and feels great to hold. I got myself Pokemon Pinball, the GB Wario Land games, Kirby's Dream Land 1 and 2, Pokemon Puzzle Challenge, and a bunch of other games. It's been fun.

Pro-tip: don't order from lukiegames on eBay. They send out GBC games with big ugly white stickers on the back that you can't take off, and half of the time the cartridges are a little broken and don't boot all of the time. They're a big company so all of they kind of just sell shit to make money instead of selling items from a personal collection.

Giving them money is only encouraging them to buy more cartridges and stick more fuckhuge stickers on the back of them

Talk about good GB/GBC games, accessories, experiences, and whatever else you want. I adore the soundchip on this thing.

Yeah that was me, gotta love that delete button.

Stop abusing those poor defenseless games, god damn it.

Pics related it's the GBC I bought. Screen has a scratch on it, but it can easily be replaced.

Hah, it's alright user. No hard feelings.

Everdrive GBC is a neat thing to get, if you're into flashcarts. It's only downside is that it can't use the RTC feature in the Pokemon games.
Also Elevator Action and Battlecity are great.

The best color is no color. You get to see the insides, it's titillating.

Post your top 10 games

Have you played this? It's by the creator of Gimmick and its almost as good, my personal favorite GB title.

RTC feature? Thanks for giving me a heads up about that flash card though, seems more convenient than paying an arm and a leg for old games.

Why didn't I have any good games for nintendo consoles as a kid…I was always just buying what I saw looked neat in Nintendo Power and that means it was whatever NIntendo was shilling to make the most for themselves.

Realtime Clock. The thing that kept track of the time and day in the gen 2 Pokemon games. The games will run but time won't go forward.
There was a hack somewhere that made time tick forward as you played, but I haven't found it.

Ah shit, isn't that game wicked rare though? I'd love to pick up a copy, but it seems up there with Shantae with being a mad cool game that's almost impossible to get.

ghost babel, the real successor to mg1 and 2 was infinitely better than mgs

I had the Kiwi one as a kid but thee blue one was cool.

The transparent one is rad too, wish they still made them like that.

Now with the greentext set to the song as a BGM.

Shame they stopped making handhelds out of nintendium.

TetrisDX GOAT GBC game

Bro, GBPSP was where it was at, back in the day. Fuck the old me that sold ours!

I have the pokemon one in my drawer somewhere
it still works

I have a green one, but it's still at my old house. Hopefully I can get it back in the next couple months.

I remember having to use a gameshark to place the Thunder Hyren's animite in my inventory. The Core was worth it, how do you make such an oversight like that?

I hate my life, and I wish I was dead. Dragon Quest I & II was really good though.

There are some really annoying parts to DQ2 I must admit but I really loved it.

Buy one on ebay for $20 you stupid faggot.

Dragon Quest II is not a game to be enjoyed. It is an unsufferable turd that only serves to further increase player's love for DQ I and III. You are doing it wrong.

I recently got a GBA Everdrive and an SD2SNES. Those things are amazing, a great way to get away from the scalper market and kike companies like Lukie Games and DKoldies.
The only bummer about SD2SNES is there are a few enhancement chip games it cannot play, notably Super FX and SA1.

What are some good and/or comfy GBC games?

Has anyone here modded theirs with a frontlight? I've got a kit on it's way here.

Great console. I just realized it's 18 years old as of October.
Is it possible to mod in a backlight screen? I hate how dark the screen is. I know for a while you could do that with the original GBA, but it probably helped that the later GBA SP models had an official backlit screen for reference.

GBC can't be modded like that. Best you can do is a frontlit screen, a backlit screen is integrated directly into the color panel of the LCD. There's the GB Boy Color if you're OK with chinese knockoffs that does have a frontlit screen.

Long but entertaining watch, and it should cover a lot of things you may be curious about.

Maybe it's just because it was my first handeld, but I think the GBC has the best aestetic
I have a Pikachu Special Edition and if I ever find some time to do it, I'm going to build an emubox inside another one
That uses SDs inside cartidges as memory
I will buy chinese shells, I'm not gutting a real gbc for that

mega man xtreme

Good pic on the colour OP. Unfortunately I lost my GBC a while ago, I still have my GBA though.
I really enjoyed Oracle of Seasons, haven't played Oracle of Ages but I assume it would be pretty fun, and having precursor mechanics to Majora's Mask would make it interesting at the very least.
Also you should try Legend of the River King, Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2.

This thing was fun. If you have an old PC with a parellel port you can even make your own cable and transfer pictures from it, so I got one again and did just that. There's something kinda neat about the grainy black and white pictures it takes, if they turn just right.

Color only? Off the top of my head the Zeldas, Pokémon Puzzle Challenge and Monster Rancher Explorer. (reskinned Solomon's Key) Indiana Jones and Buzz Lightyear were alright. I think I remember playing a comfy Warcraft clone not too long ago, but I can't remember what it was called.

My brother from another mother.

Can you buy the chinese "GAME" cart shells on aliexpress? I was thinking of making some repros for personal use.

Fuck the gamedude, everyone knows the PSP is the best console ever made
Specifically the 2000, for having twice the memory of the original while still retaining the blocky shape and all the important features

GBA has the best library. PSP is the best portable console because of emulation.
GBC is for people so obsessed with the past they can't see the present, much less the future, for what it is.

Don't talk to me or my son ever again

This like that scene in Cromartie High.