What video games let you play as the anti-hero?

What video games let you play as the anti-hero?

Shad

Hatred.

?

I don't think so, Tim.

Arcanum, f1-2, fable.

OG LoK

Is Rance an anti hero or just a dick? I thought an anti hero is someone doing the "wrong" thing for the right reasons. Someone I can think of off the top of my head is Deus from Asura's Wrath. He essentially collected the souls of people so he could get enough juice to fire off his LOIC so he could destroy earth's will to make it habitable for people.

You don't deserve anything better for implying Rance is not the hero we need.

Tranny DOES let you play a range of actually different characters, though. It's one of the things it does right. You can be a goody-two-shoes, a pragmatist, an egomaniac, or stuff inbetween. It's massively better than most RPGs in that manner. I mean, it's no Age of Decadence, but what is?

Unless I am mistaken, an anti-hero is someone who does the 'right' thing, but does it in a way that may not be deemed 'right'. The best way to explain an anti-hero is to give an example, so think about Rorschach from The Watchmen, or the Punisher.

So what is he, the hero?

He's a dick-hero or a hero of dick.

A faggot that talks shit about Rance doesn't deserve something from my preferred list but I'm not going to recommend absolutely unplayable shit either.

Edgy, pretentious and with just enough content to kill a couple of hours: the game.

And (in most iterations) neither of those are heroes by any definition other than the muh comic book protagonist.

Rance is an anti-hero, he does heroic deeds either for completely selfish reasons or by accident.

Except for Kichikuou Rance where he is a villain, plain and simple.

Nah, that's a (well written) villain.

Prototype

I think you're asking me to bump this thread - not sure why, though.

Kinda want to get into Rance, is it worth my time? Where do I begin?

With the first one

Yes it pretty good overall.. Most of us started with Sengoku. It is pretty standalone and most people agree that it is the best one. After that I would go with VI and then work on the older titles from there.

Heroes are people who do the right things with the right intentions and save the day. Anti-heroes are impure heroes: the ones who do the right things for the wrong reasons, or perhaps perform feats of evil for the sake of the greater good. In some stories, an anti-hero may end up as the antagonist. In others, the protagonist. Not a villain, but not a pure hero.

What you think is wrong.

T-thanks, Holla Forums…

Magus isn't a game, faggot

Hello newfriend.

Are you retarded? Duterte, the man they call the filipino punisher, is hailed by his community for his extra-judicial killings and eventually won the presidency of his country. He's deemed a hero by his countrymen.

Pick any Drakengard game.

Are you? Last I checked Rodrigo Duterte never went as either Walter Kovacs or Frank Castle.
You want to talk anti-heros? Fine, how about Dante.

and it's pretty damn good too

So? He's hailed as hero for the same shit frank castle does and while being hailed as hero he's compared to the comic character, people recognize a violent execution of justice as heroic.

He is the villain, and you play a villain.
Theres nothing heroic or justified about killing random, unnarmed people just because the MC is edgier than shadow, so no anti-hero there.

Anti-hero right here.

I wouldnt say rick is a hero or anti-hero, hes just a random fuck that showed up in the wrong place at the wrong time with his gf and now must rip and tear.

The Deception series.

Fenix ain't a anti-hero, just really fucking angry, he didn't really do much bad