GB Boy Colour

Has anyone here tried one of these? It's a GBC clone with an actually backlit screen (not a shitty mod) comes bundled with 66 built-in GBC games, it has a headphones jack and Link cable port and of course it supports any GB/GBC cartridge. According to the handheld reviewer Ashens this is better than the real GBC since you can actually see what the fuck is going on and is even better than a fake "backlit" overpriced modded GBC, the built quality seems pretty decent too. You can see a comparison on the third pic, also it costs like 60 bucks.

Other urls found in this thread:

gbdev.gg8.se/wiki/articles/DMG_Schematics.
z80.info/z80gboy.txt
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The 3DS has a very good gameboy/color emulator called gameyob

That's actually quite impressive. Too bad the aspect ratio of the screen is all wrong.

I don't like emulators, this replicates the original hardware

The aspect ratio is 4:3, what was the original? 3:2?

Looks neat. I'd probably buy this if I had a hankering for gbc games and my 3ds & vita weren't hacked.

Why not just use a GBA SP?

No headphone jack and ugly design.

Looks like the original aspect ratio is 10:9. The GBA had 3:2.

Just fucking buy an original GBC.

It's (nearly) 1:1. 160x144 resolution.

It seriously doesn't have a headphone jack? I only ever had the original GBA. I don't like how narrow it is either, but I think everything that plays GB/GBC games but the original GBA has that problem too.

Why would i want a piece of shit without a backlight?

If it's a piece of shit separate from having a backlight, why would you want it at all?

That's not what i said, the original GBC is a piece of shit because it doesn't have a flashlight.

That sentence states that it being a piece of shit is separate from having a backlight. Because adding a backlight makes it "a piece of shit with a backlight". Besides, why not use an SP?

Oh look, here we have a solution for which there is no problem.

Just stop replying to me you autist.

That thing is Japan only, expensive and doesn't support GBC games. Not to mention that the screen is too bright.

Buttflustered 12 year old detected. Can't answer a simple question about using an SP instead? Have you considered suicide?

That's a front light though. It washes out the colors with precision of which the likes the world has never seen. Just look at the SP.

You know what does support GBC games and has a backlight? A backlit GBA SP.

That's because your dumb ass didn't put on sunglasses before you started playing like any self-respecting radicool 80's kid would.

Again, solution for which there is no problem.

I already answered why here if you bothered reading the thread.

I have a green Play It Loud! gameboy. Its very nice.

I can confirm the SP having no headphone jack.

t. have it sitting on my desk

Just checked mine, too.
I could have fucking sworn that it did. Like, I REMEMBER playing it with headphones in.
Did it have some weird headphones that plugged into the link cable slot?

I have my lighting solution right here. I don't need to buy a shitty bootleg gameboy.

A fucking LED light that covers the screen? Yeah i had one too and unless you held the gameboy in a certain position then you couldn't see shit or there was this huge white light in the middle of the screen.

Why would you even buy a Gameboy in y2k15+?

You're gonna have to bite the bullet and order one since I doubt anyone here actually owns it.

I guess, hope those chink don't steal my money.

Its good looking and fun.

Yeah but how's the sound? The GBC has some of my favorite OSTs and my favorite sound of any soundchip (next to the YM2612) and a huge deal breaker for me is how my favorite OSTs like Turok 2, Mega Man Xtreme 2, and Pokemon Crystal are going to sound on it.

It do.

It looks OK. If they fixed the GBC's power supply interfering with the sound I'm interested.
I already have one which has the screen replaced with a GBA SP's screen. It works well enough, but I want to get rid of the static in the sound.

Thats cute and all but the perfect gb/gbc game player already exits. It costs like half of what that one does and will play gba games too.

Retro hipsterfaggotry claims another victim.

It's not emulation, also sage is not a downvote.

It's not emulation if it's running through the actual hardware, retard

I highly fucking doubt they gutted a game boy color to put it in another case. It's probably some similar hardware that functions close to the original or some shit.

Still not emulation though.
When I say actual hardware, I mean it's running it like an actual GBC would, not a basic computer running emulation software, then running the game through that.

It's not hard to find Z80 CPUs, and the GBC's internals are shit-simple.

Either GBC or GTFO —–→

yeah this shit triggers me and renders this product 100% undesirable

>CHANGING THE DPAD

Hot tip: unless they have actual access to the original GBC schematics and blueprints its emulated.

Enjoy that lack of a backlight that makes the thing fucking unplayable outside or at night.

You don't know what you are talking about.

Pretty sure I do, its cheaper to emulate on a SBC than to reverse engineer 30 year old hardware.

this is bait

this whole thread is bait

How is my thread bait?

People have given you plenty of better alternatives and reasons not to buy this piece of shit yet you keep coming back with retarded logic about how that this is the best choice. Please let us know how that knockoff dpad is working out when it arrives 18 weeks later. You're like the xbone shill that used to come here and be completely obvious since everyone here knows how worthless it is, except that you might actually be serious. Check out half chan and click an xbox thread to have a good laugh and see what I mean

You are an illiterate nigger and in denial mode. Following your argument, NES emulation exists since the late 80s.

Video related. If you mean "hardware emulation", you're still wrong (this term only fits correctly with FPGA devices).

Wow!

You're a retard and the chinks deserve to take your money

Tried it. Its not that good

Remember that old joke that old Nintendo products were made of a mythical material called "Nintendium"? Because they were built so solid with thick plastic chasis?

Well, those bootleg ones are certainly not made of Nintendium, they're made of cheap Chinese shit

You have no idea what you're talking about. Emulators DO replicate original hardware in software, this is essentially what low-level emulation is. In fact, many times its more stable than original hardware because back in those days there was easily defects in the original reference wafers and the z80 is an old architecture. Take Dolphin for example, their memory management unit emulation is more accurate than an actual GameCube and they actually fixed MMU bugs that were present in the original console

gbdev.gg8.se/wiki/articles/DMG_Schematics. That's for the original Gameboy but the GBC is just that but with slightly higher specs.
It's mostly off-the-shelf parts. The CPU is a Zilog Z80, which is one of the most common processors in consumer electronics and has been around since the '70s. It's different compared to the original Z80s, and the difference is noted here: z80.info/z80gboy.txt
Both RAM chips are generic, as is the audio amp.

The short answer is that yes you can build a GBC from generic parts still in production. Also these pieces are cheap as fuck, especially compared to an SBC chip like the Allwinner A10. It would make a neat project, kinda like how people still make Apple 1 clones.

I'm still skeptical on OP's device. Only reason I like playing on an original GBC is the weird twangy effect it gives the sound. Emulation doesn't make that noise. I'd like to see a second opinion from one of those Gameboy DJs though