SWAT franchise released on GOG

I know most here will just pirate but this is also a plus for you since now its more easily found and installation is streamlined and repackaged with less issues.
GOG found a way to start selling the copyright nightmare that was the SWAT franchise.
Everything till SWAT 3 is like 5 bucks, 2.50 now since theres a deal right now.
SWAT 4 Gold is steeper for some reason, likely copyright issues, and its 12.50 right now due to the deal, likely 15 dollars standart.
Don't know if they support multiplayer functionality but fan server hosting has been happening for years so if anyone wants to host that would be nice.
archive.is/GChXk

It think its just nice to finally see it released on a digital platform.

Other urls found in this thread:

ets-clan.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=8670
induktio.net/wiki/Mega_Map_Pack
moddb.com/games/swat-4-the-stetchkov-syndicate/addons/mega-map-pack
moddb.com/mods/ssf-realism-mod-32
pastebin.com/R30Y4HLn
moddb.com/mods/swat-elite-force
gog.com/news/swat_4_devs_talk_storytelling_authenticity_and_creating_a_legend
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reminder that SWAT4 has a bug which causes all NPCs to look at you and track your movement through walls if you lean at least once.

SWAT1-3 have been on GOG since forever. SWAT4 however has been in ownership hell, I wonder if this mean the situation is resolved. SWAT5 a distant possibility perhaps. SWAT on the front page of GOG can only be good for tactical shooters as well, if there's any genre that needs a resurgence it's this one.

By the same logic you could say:

you're in my way Sir

Please no

You're mistaken, the bug is if you stand parallel to a door and lean into it, sometimes the suspects will see you clipping through the door and come to open it.

I played this shit competitively, I would know my bugs faggot.

Then please provide some fucking evidence nigger; it's not like there aren't communities around this game, it's not like there aren't bug lists. I can't find a single fucking example of the bug being mentioned or reported anywhere through google, ixquick or DDG so please Mr. Competetive; take your fingers out of your arse and fucking prove it.

How about you go in the game and try it? Are you autistic.

If the bug exists then there should be some proof of it somewhere on the entire fucking internet you fucking lying nigger piece of shit, I've put over a thousand hours in SWAT3 and 4 combined, did my first post not suggest I'd played the games you illiterate spastic? Why come into a thread, lie about a bug and then pretend to be a competitive player?

WOW

SWAT VU by the makers of Bioshock is set to release later this year and will feature an emotionally captivating story about a female led SWAT team fighting against oppression and racism. When you get shot you won't die thanks to advanced Kevlar armor. Instead, the real challenge comes from non-lethal takedown puzzles, shouting commands at perps, and fighting them through the judicial system while comforting rescued victims. Collectible journal entries will unravel the complex struggles of each character.

Why are you so angry about someone pointing out a bug you didn't know about?

I've never played SWAT 4, how does it compare to SWAT 3?

Multiplayer still hard to setup? Almost wished this shit is on Steam so I can easily play this with my non tech-savvy friends.

Top SWAT 4 bugs:
ets-clan.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=8670

Easy as that. Just suspects having X-ray in their eyes. Good info, it happens only if you decide to lean.

How to deal with it: Don’t lean.

What's wrong with SWAT 4?
Why is it an ownership hell?

An epic clusterfuck between VU, Sierra, 2K, Activision, and Irrational Games I think. I do not know the full drama, but I think it was the multi-mergers in rapid succession that screwed it tits up.

I still have my SWAT2 disc but it runs like shit on W7. Is the GOG version better?

Wut

The thing is you're probably right. The studio actually hates the SWAT series

Wouldn't surprise me if the licensed weapons were also part of it.

Does anyone have the SWAT 4 pasta that was posted here semi-frequently before? The one with the Mega Map Pack and re-textured weapons and tips on how to join the server.

I already know the torrent link and the wiki guide on how to start the maps. But I want all the other information just in case, because I lost it from a dead external hard drive.

induktio.net/wiki/Mega_Map_Pack

moddb.com/games/swat-4-the-stetchkov-syndicate/addons/mega-map-pack

This game takes no skill whatsoever

Elaborate

Play Starcraft 2 then get back to me.

Are there any fixes or patches for the fucky AI?

Play Overwatch then get back to me

If you want to play SWAT 4 online with anons with a better game than vanilla, you need:
Pain in the arse to set up half the time. Sometimes it works well.
Ez to set up.

There's also fuckery you can do to make AI better, but don't bother unless you enjoy everyone being illiterate and not fixing their AIs so they can join your servers.

If you bump this for a while, the user that used to host may come back with the pasta.
If you wait a while, I can find the pasta I made for installing a few months ago.

Countersage

Back to reddit now, mummy won't like this site.

I play anything with the word "Blizzard" slapped on it, and while Overwatch certainly has a high skill ceiling, it's not as high as Starcraft 2.

Well, as another user mentioned there's this mod that changes the AI, not sure if it effects team mates though. And apparently some tweaks you can do too, which I'd like to know myself how it's done.

Play Halo Wars 2, then get back to me

I was expecting to see this on Filefronts decaying corpse, nice.

SSF doesn't change the AI initially, but it comes with a bunch of preset AI files you can replace the base ones with.
Nothing terribly advanced, just a .ini that needs numbers set higher/lower to your choosing.

Now if you ladies are done telling each other to play shitty Blizzard games, let's play some actual fucking games.

pastebin.com/R30Y4HLn

Holla Forums SWAT 4 night when?

soon hopefully. I know there was some AI an user was messing around with.

Where's Rad Corps?

But Irrational Games is dead and Levine is gone

No, it did come with one but it was crap, those files were some user's patch.

ded

Its just sleeping. Plus we stopped doing our game weekends thing but that can always change. I think the issue was trying to do to much at once. I know our faggot BO wanted to do something this weekend.
If we was smart we would put a locked sticky up with the info and to remind people.

Something about how it only works in 256 colors.

If you did not see combat what's the point?

Siege is around, kikebisoft fluked out and made a good game.

But it was downgraded

Sure, talk to me when they fix their shitty netcode and the game doesn't ask you to buy shit all the time while its still unbalanced.
Fucking CSGO is more enjoyable at this point

Ubisoft lets their small studios make good games. Then sooner or later, they rape those studios and shit all over the games that they made. I hope you enjoy Siege, because sooner or later they're going completely and totally defile everything you love about it. Not the first, and not the last.

You mean this? The whole presentation was vaporware-tier to begin with, doesn't mean that a genuinely enjoyable game didn't come out of it.

Aside from "matchmaking error" bullshit which happens at random when queueing, they raised the tickrate of the servers quite a while ago, it's not the best, but's also certainly not the worst. All of the season pass content can be ground out, they're not charging for maps or anything or partitioning people into season-pass or non-season pass games, and for a game that can be bought for 20 dollarydoos on pretty much any keyseller site, that's not too bad.

It's made it a year+ without imploding, we'll see if they can make it another.

I've only played a little Siege after the halloween(?) or winter sale, and while it seemed cool I was so bad at it because I had no experience compared to the people who played since launch.

Not to mention I have to unlock a lot of shit. I played 11 hours, and haven't since. Just because I've had other shit to play.

With that said I'd still like a more pure, and actually true to life Siege/SWAT-like game. No bullshit classes, no females, no excessive use of tools that wouldn't be available to modern SWAT teams. And by that I mean not every single mother fucker has remote controlled drones, EMP grenades, see-through-wall equipment, etc.

Now I am not saying it's not a good game, I enjoyed it and I'm sure it's great.

Speaking of mods, GOG featured this one in an article.
moddb.com/mods/swat-elite-force

Also an interview with the devs.
gog.com/news/swat_4_devs_talk_storytelling_authenticity_and_creating_a_legend

New version of that mod is supposed to be coming out soon, current version has a missing Join Game menu so doesn't seem to work for MP properly.

Siege was made by ubisoft Montreal

Bunch of faggots.

Bump

The game came out right before "tacticool" games like Rainbow Six Vegas

I guarantee if SWAT 5 was a thing it would've just been a run and gun game with emphasis on using your taser/pepper spray and everyone would've hated it. It also likely wouldn't have had mod support like SWAT 4.

If there was a SWAT 5 today it'd likely be styled after games like Rainbow Six Siege, probably be multiplayer only and if it had a singleplayer your actual commands for ordering your squad would be heavily simplified to things like "go there" and "wait". Like in Mass Effect.

I don't know what I expected.

That's why I'd use the beanbag shotgun almost exclusively. It's so easy to misjudge when you're allowed to kill since the fact you can maybe take two shots discourages taking that risk. I hated getting slapped with penalties for shooting a moment too early

Is the single player mode fun? Is this like Doorkickers but 3D?

I'm enjoying it. It's my first time actually playing it. Only thing I knew prior to playing is what I learned watching Spoony's play through before he went insane.

Just pirate it. The creators got paid and SWAT5 never ever.

Singleplayer is great in SWAT 4 if you are willing to deal with the somewhat stupid AI and pathfinding. You really need to master things like using blue and red teams to flank and when to breach yourself (since if there's a trigger happy suspect infront of the door they can gun down your dudes before they can throw a grenade in).

Coop is better but you need to find a friend to do it with.

SWAT 4 is one of my favorite games largely because of how it randomized some things but not everything. Like the level would remain the same and your objectives would mostly be the same. However where enemies, hostages and so forth were would always be different every time you reloaded. And since you couldn't save in the middle of a mission you get punished for your mistakes hard. It really encourages doing things like checking underneath doors and going relatively slow to avoid getting gunned down by suspects.

But I also like it because it's not slow as shit like other tactical games and if you're good enough you can complete a mission lone-wolf style.

It's one of the few games where I will literally replay the same mission over and over again to try and do it better and better.

You sold me on it, will pirate.

Rainbow Six 3 also does enemy randomization

I didn't like Rainbow Six 3 as much as SWAT 4

How fucking dumb are you user?

It's very fun, but it's also pretty damn hard later on. I never finished it

Lad, you now have the ultimate option. scurv the GOG version.

On LAN parties with friends we play SWAT4 co-op. It's fucking great when everyone works together… At other times shit hits the fan and we become the worst SWAT team ever. Peppering teammates, going gung-ho and killing on sight, tasering restrained subjects…

The randomizer aspect makes it several times better because there's always the element of surprise, so every run is a semi blind one (you know the building's layout but not the positions of people).

Friday night SWAT?

Everytime I see current year Brendan I die a little inside. Poor guy didnt deserve to be chained to that shrew of a harpy.

i've always fantasized about coming into a large amount of money and making a game, and that game would basically be SWAT Russia.

can't you see it? it's so beautiful in my mind

You could make a custom map in SWAT 4 that just takes place in a third world shithole and replace all of the audio.

Although you wouldn't have any of the sim elements you've proposed.

T.the first jew to ever think about the Holocaust.

T.the first jew to suggest buying this game on gog and giving money to vultures who own the rights

Probably on some forum somewhere

>>>/k/460964

I haven't laughed this hard in a while

I fucked up but you get the idea…

RIGHT

WING

GET DOWN ON THE GROUND

SIR YOU'RE IN MY WAY!

I see it, and I'm far too lowly a creature to deserve to see such beauty

Time to see if the board claims system works,I am suprised that it hasn't been spamed to death yet.I did some events (Joint Op's and SWAT 4 TS) about almost several months or so ago (With an overall negative reaction it seemed). Turnout was lowish even with advertsing it on the steam page. I guess day's warning was to short, so next Friday (3/2/2017, around 22:00 GMT, awakness withstanding. Feel free to suggest a better time) I will be hosting a SWAT 4 TS event (probably co-op).

Here is my new email, [email protected]/* */, any emails over the weekend and monday are unlikely to be read.

you mean 2/3/2017?

What part of "next friday" did you not fucking understand?

SWAT 4? More like noguns 4

MODS

SWEET DREAMS PIG

> oh boy SWAT 2!
I was a dumb nigger back then, not understanding the potential of an isometric game like that and didn't play it. But the question is, did I miss a good game?

I've heard it requires a lot more autistic planning and setup compared to FPS swat.

It does. plus throat mic commands and all sorts of stuff.

SWAT 4 this weekend?

Someone needs to make a Punished Brendan edit
sage for off-topic

Next Friday
Unless an user sets one up for this weekend

If EA cant remember publisher manage to stop paying so can anyone

AAHHHH, YOU FOOOOOL!

Sierra, aka Activision aka Atari tier kikes

Will a pirated GOG version of the game work with the old version with ISO mounting because if not then I'm stuck. I had a physical copy of Joint Ops and when I tried to play with Radcorps I couldn't find the server.

The voice sounds like Dana Snyder.

FUCK. We won't be as rad as then again. What a shame. I wish the dev was still alive. Chances are their games would be a lot more successful these days than back then.

I have no clue. We haven't tried yet. I know that, if the MP works, it should work with any GOG version. No clue about connecting with Physical copies.

In theory it should not matter what the source is as long as GameRanger (VLAN) and the appoperiate modified files are used. Also a no cd crack may be of use.

I though you were talking about still having the physical release, nevermind

There shouldn't be an issue with it

Someone set up a server, either vanilla or with the expansions and mods from

I have an urge to operate and a slow upload connection.