Atlus General

Where anything Atlus related can be discussed. Yes, this includes games they only published, but didn't develop.

Other urls found in this thread:

tcrf.net/Persona_4/Unused_Voice_Clips/Social_Links#Naoto_Shirogane
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strafgesetzbuch_section_86a
cero.gr.jp/e/regulation.html
exhentai.org/g/1015903/c8765b8b21/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Persona 4 fun fact: Dummied out P4 dialogues hint that Yosuke Hanamura was going to be a gay option in P4 early in development. No word on what exactly caused them to change their minds, but as development goes on, ideas change and well, develop. It's natural.

It's also confirmed that he and Chie dye their hair.

Fatlus is shite

Please tell me that you see it too.

You had to blur it a lot to make it work.

What said, I don't think that counts.

Daily Reminder that the P5 director drank the Social Justice Kool-aid

None of what I've heard so far sounds cucked.

Also, the Japanese director was pro-Trump.

Have they said anything more about that fantasy game they're working on?

Project Re Fantasy? Nothing yet. It doesn't even have a proper name. But it's being worked on by Studio Zero, which has the Persona team and Meguro and stuff, which is pretty interesting. So…expect elf waifus, I guess?

Finally got done with the current series I was playing, and I've had (amongst other things) Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir and Tsugunai: Atonement in my backlog. Any thoughts on which to give a go first?

I saw it

Odin Sphere is super easy now unless you play with the old engine's physics, play if you want easy side scrolling beat em up action and a neat presentation of a story. Haven't heard of Tsugunai, but it might be a better choice if you want something a little more difficult than Odin Sphere.

I guess it depends on your appetite. Haven't played either but I looked them, and Tsugunai has a really interesting premise. Don't know if that translates well to the gameplay though, but it sounds interesting in spite of its lukewarm reception, Odinsphere is well liked, and the remake even more so. If you feel like a 2-D more animesque fantasy ARPG, then Odin Sphere. If you want to try something a little different than usual which is a toss up on whether it'll be good or crap, try Tsugunai.

She's so disgusting. That woman must be 500 lbs. She's revolting.

her face doesn't match her arms

Tsugunai did seem to get panned in "professional" reviews, but reading stuff more from the actual consumer end, it sounded like a reasonably enjoyable game, enough so to put it on my backlog. Unfortunately it's a game that I rarely even hear much about from fellow anons, so I'm not even sure what the reception around imageboards is for it (which also strikes me as more potential weight to play it, to see whether or not it's something I could personally recommend others to give a go). Makes me wonder if it's actually decent and the official reviews just tend to put off the average potential player.

On that note, how long would you wager Odin Sphere to take, as far as playing through it with all five (I think) characters? I remember with Muramasa Rebirth it was maybe 8-10 hours each for me for Momohime and Kisuke's routes, and maybe three hours for each of the Genroku Legends characters (their "plots" are a lot shorter), so I'm a bit curious as to how Odin Sphere compares on that end.

Well, as long as some of them are dark elves, and I can be a mage or a wizard, I'll be satisfied.

Here's what howlongtobeat.com has.

Alright, thanks. Might start it up later today then. Hell, maybe after two or three characters it might be smart to take a break and play Tsugunai so I don't get burned out, as I've heard trying to go for that true ending in Odin Sphere can be repetitive.

dagda is just selling the same "LOL freedom" as chaos so why are people saying dagda did nothing wrong?

Humans are not supposed to look like Popeye in real life. That is not healthy.

She is the first person who legitimately looks like they have baby hands. Also looks like shes trying to fit into clothing too small, it's rubbing against her fat and giving her chafing/rashes.

NO MARIE, NO BUY

Well, Marie's English VA is in P5. Does that count?

I'm probably gonna D that girl because the japanese VA is my waifu.

Dagda was right.

calling chaos controlled opposition is very appropriate cause thats how i feel it is in this but i dont think it was like that in the other games.

whenever dagda is talking to his mom its funny cause he comes off as basement dwelling neckbeard and he is like but moooooooooom i wanna create a new universe! the only thing i see dagda being right on is how quickly everyone is turning on me

SMT2 established that Lucifer can not disobey a direct order from YHWH, which is why he avoids direct confrontation at all costs and works through proxies.

Was she wearing stockings in the Jap version?

I meant pantyhose.

Then why didn't YVHV just order him to kill himself in their fight during the Chaos ending?
Or just tell Lucifer to fuck off until he's finished with Aleph or fight alongside him?
Even then,I remember some dialogue about him being made to activate Kuzuryu,much like Satan would activate the Megiddo arc?

Ownership was transferred from YHWH to Aleph when he became Aleph's demon. Same reason why he can't turn any Angels your party.

Stockings. That seems to be the same outfit, though. Check the thighs. It still has the absolute territory. She just seems to be wearing conservative panties. I haven't seen an upskirt of the Japanese version, so I can't tell if that's different.

You can get a better look here. Still stockings. Again, I haven't seen a Japanese upskirt shot, so I can't confirm if that's different.

Does that explain the Kuzuryu thing though?

I mean I'm pretty sure there was some dialogue about him being given/having "ownership" of the Kuzuryu for him to kill everything,which he evidently didn't use.

Those were good threads.

Oh? What did they say?

Hear for yourself:
tcrf.net/Persona_4/Unused_Voice_Clips/Social_Links#Naoto_Shirogane

Too bad the way the costumes work you'd only ever really see her in it at the very start of a dungeon in the lobby. I still don't understand why cutscenes work the way they do.

I only very briefly used the costume myself since the "battle theme" override they used for the Catherine set was an awful choice, but I'm almost positive it's untouched. Might boot the game up at some point this week and check to be sure since I'm really wary about the localization after all of these vague comments by people involved and the fact that MC's voice actor is a huge faggot who threw a massive tantrum on election night.

I swear that a few years ago there was some talk about bringing the original novels to NA, I remember that some people were asking for a KS to make it happen. Hell, even some editor from some company (or someone who really know how to business) were commenting on it.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Saucy. Never played P4 and I didn't think Naoto got a sexual romantic option until Golden. Can anyone confirm?

what happened?

Is playing the japanese version of pic related the only way to play it censorship free or is there a fan patch or something?

No, you can waifu Naoto is the normal version. It's actually the best choice of the girls because she gives you a really good item on Christmas. I think the present you get for having no waifu and going out with the guys is a bit better, though.

Sadly this is a lot of VAs, even ones I really like such as Steve Blum. There was a photo of him at one of those dumb women's marches. If I refused to touch anything that at some point had some dumbass liberal work on it, I sadly probably wouldn't have much entertainment left. So my policy is: as long as it doesn't interfere with the work, they can believe whatever dumbass shit they want. Case in point: XSeed. Every so often you get a shill or someone ignorant point out they have dumbass liberals working for them, but then I point out that despite that, they've never let their politics change their work. So as long as they can do that, I don't care. VA's politics usually matter even less since they basically just do what they're told.

Seems they just added what they wanted on the original pass. It sucks that Atlus seems to need two iterations to nail their original vision for P3 and P4. I did get golden for christmas two years ago but I still haven't finished it but FES was a great game all things considered. Maybe I'll try and finish it this year.

(Did the reverse arcana stuff get added to P4 either?)

Why can't Atlus get into making definitive versions of their games? Like they re-release an old time with some improvements but also new flaws and everything it's just a mess. Like the… GBA? PSX? version of SMT, adding a new route but with some serious flaws like worse music or something like that.

IT WASN'T

P5 suffers the same as SMT4:FINAL in that they retconned the lore into GNOSTICISM

IT IS STUPID! I HATE NEW (smt)ATLUS!

Because a remake of an old game is not going to be that same old game, it will be a new game wearing a husk of an old game. Nothing is ever developed the same. A company will remake the same game in the way they make things now, not how they made them in the past but "better". If they remake any classic at this point it will just be garbage that everybody hates.

(checked)
Case in point, Persona 2 innocent Sin for the PSP. Here was a chance for Atlus to re-release an older title, maybe fix the menus and make them readable on a smaller screen. And not only do they do that, but they feel like they have to censor the imagery in the game in order to get the game to pass in another country.

This was the concern in the beginning as well but in this day and age I'm baffled that they thought it was necessary. I said it a couple of threads ago and I'll say it again. If the game is meant for a mature audience, let them decide if the content they see is offensive to them or not. Don't decide for everyone because you sacrifice the punch of your message when you do.

I do believe that remakes can improve upon the original but that's mostly just fixing issues with interface and maybe balancing some mechanics. That's your "but better" stipulation. Dead Rising would benefit by having better controls as opposed to what the original 360 version gave us. Odin Sphere would benefit by having a dedicated block button. To my knowledge both of their respective re-releases do these and the games should be better for it.

He's still Hitler in Japan.

That doesn't really apply here because Hitler's a joke boss(not in terms of difficulty, but aesthetic), and that censorship wasn't for us, it was for Germany.

Oh those, I swear I heard those in game though. During Christmas if she wears the uniform, but I must've been hallucinating. If anyone wants to fuck with the wiki, they claim Naoto's Shadow implies Naoto is suicidal over her transgenderism. Edit and link this and watch the shit fling.

I think they're in the game, but unvoiced. Might be worth checking for reasons besides loving the best girl. But mostly just so we can love her amirite.
Link what? Also wanting to be taken seriously despite gender =/= being transgender

The unused dialogue. I knew I should've been clearer.

You really should've. But edit and link what?

Than what I say only applies to the western releases. And from what I know that includes the NA release as well as the EU release.

Whether or not he's a joke has nothing to do with the idea that adding sunlasses to him made him a bigger one. This is a (fake) climactic battle with the (fake) final boss, present it for what it is. Like I said, leave it to the player to decide if they are offended by this or not. And given how steeped in Nazi mythology and conspiracy theories the game is I doubt Censoring Adolf Hitler would have really pleased the German people. Unless I missed some law about not having Hitler's imagery anywhere in media consumed by Germans.

Edit the info, link the site with the dialogue as a reference, watch the editors notice and re-ignite the age old feud, watch shit fling especially in the age of Trump. I'm going back to bed.

On a side note, I just remembered, Kanji and Naito are the only team Links that don't begin automatically. Hell, Naoto's has an Knowledge lock and I think Kanji's require you to speak to someone first.

This is all I have to give you: "The German Strafgesetzbuch (Criminal Code) in § 86a outlaws "use of symbols of unconstitutional organizations" outside of the contexts of "art or science, research or teaching". This concerns Nazi symbolism in particular and is part of the denazification efforts following the fall of the Third Reich." - en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strafgesetzbuch_section_86a

Along with the anecdote that a friend told me that German gov't cracks down hard on any symbols of nazism. I'd liken it to mentioning Tiananmen Square, though I was warned that could make you "disappear" while I think neo-nazis still have demonstration rights. I don't know, I'm going to sleep.

Well I pretty much knew they had a law like this.

I'm not saying living in Burgerland is better than Germany; but even though I don't agree with the ideology some people who fly the confederate flag adhere too I recognize their right to do so. I get why Germany is so hard on this, but this really should factor in the intent of the usage of symbols like this at the very least.

i remember naoto having a knowledge lock AND a courage lock (the only time in the game where courage has a decent function)

Not since the PSP port.
Japan had passed some kind of law against historical figures in vidya. This might also be the reason why Jeanne D'Arc had her name shortened in SMT Imagine, though I could be wrong.

That can't be real

Oh, I found it.

That must not have been in place when P2 first came out.

I'm of a similar mind. In fact, I think banning symbols is detrimental as all it does is encourage an idea's supporters to work in the shadows, where they're far more dangerous. I'm just trying to explain why these things are, not in favor of them.

Where's the courage lock? I don't remember that.

I've only played SMT 1 and 2 but how did the demons invade the earth and where from, I forgot all I can remember is that you had that computer that let you summon demons and then they started appearing but then there were demons already in your world like Thor and the japanese guy I forgot his name.

Post a real source, RyuLong edits the Megaten wiki now.

or maybe i'm just having poor memory, anyways fuck courage for locking you away from useless dialogue choices and fuck this game for not letting me call out yukiko on her shitting on my cooking skills despite her social link still not being done

Page 6 of CERO's code of of ethics, which falls under "banned expressions". cero.gr.jp/e/regulation.html

From what I've heard some anons say, some employees at XSEED do believe that they ought to be able to fuck around/censor/etc since it's apparently "what all the other localization companies do", but apparently Tom and/or the higher ups (honestly not entirely sure what Tom's actual role there is, but he seems to have heavy sway with what how the company handles things) keep them in line. I imagine things might be different without Tom and whoever else being able to override those notions.

When exactly was that law made? Looking at another "real world" JRPG series, the earlier Shadow Hearts games (namely Koudelka and SH1) seemed perfectly fine with including or at least name dropping historical figures like Roger Bacon and being set in places like China and Europe, but the sequels (featuring the likes of the Romanovs, Rasputin, and Al Capone) have a screen on boot up that reads the following:
I mean, clearly games featuring a jackass that shapeshifts into demons, monsters, and spirits to fight other demons, monsters, and pretty much anything that gets in his way aren't non-fiction anyhow (more of a "historical fiction/dark fantasy mix"). So why did Covenant suddenly need that screen (something that carried over to FtNW as well)?

How the fuck does double dragon manage to worm his way into those places as editor?

Given how retarded Tom can be everyone else must be a a total dipshit.

Oh, Tom himself is a typical liberal buying many of the current lines. That said, he steadfastly believes that preserving the feel of the Japanese original should be the paramount goal of localization, come hell or high water.

すごい!

Do you have the untranslated interview? I want to know if "populism" in Nipponese in just katakana or if there's an actual term for it

So did Etrian Odyssey V ever get any kike tier DLC like the Untold games? or was it just the FM OST and some cosmetic shit?

EOV ENG WHEN REEEEEEEEE

Old lady.

Sounds good.

Persona 5 confirmed to take place in alternate world where Yukiko left Inaba.

Sounds good. But she'll never marry.

I am 99% sure that's Sean Chiplock, aka Rean Schwarzer from Trails of Cold Steel.

Sounds more like Brian Beacock to me.

What makes Etrian Odyssey fun? Where's the sense of progression?

Bittersweet.

On a side note, looking back at the P5/DDO cross-promotion gives me a bit more hope for Project Re Fantasy. Now I don't want to jump to conclusions, but if Hashino does happen to be a fan of Dragon's Dogma, that would be a very good sign.

Not today you don't
DUBS

Not bad, but we can still discuss classic Atlus instead of nuAtlus. So says my 7.

Mapping things out physically and wiping things you previously fled from, in addition to the basic RPG skinner boxes.

fair point by with my dubs the thread is already destroyed.

Dubs confirm we're double dead. This thread is now True Demon Ending.

Reborn and redestroyed. It's a shame we don't get the people in the Falcom differentiating between the PC bro era of Falcom and nuFalcom sonyniggering. All they do is give in to the jewary and buy PS4s for a single game when you should emulate a dozen older games for free instead.

What's with the sudden rant about Falcom?
Not even Valvegoys deserve to play Trails of Cucked Steel. This is a mercy in disguise.

Not today we don't what?

Yeah bro fuck that game. Failcom was destroyed by the same thing Atlus was destroyed by: Persona. They're the same company making the same products for the same people, anymore. Waifufaggotry highschool bullshit with cookie cutter emo MCs and generic harems. Even the latest Ys game is that way and now it's 100% sonyniggering.

And yet another uninformed idiot doesn't realize that started with Zero/Ao.

Angelica Autist, what brings you to this side of the board?

You're in MY territory, yuricuck. We fuck up lesbian-worshiping traitors like you the same way you fuck up our vidya. Kindly run away like the pussy you are.

Is there more to this?

That's art depicting a certain scene, so sadly no.

Damn.

Still delusional, I see. How's your brother?

💩

There are doujins with them, though, if you want.

What about my brother, delusionalfag? I probably lied to you about him, so I should keep the story constant. I know that you're honest to god autistic, so you'll probably freak out if I contradict myself. You're welcome, autist.
By the by: Does your obsessive white-knighting of lesbians apply to, say, yaoi and gay men?

Nope. Cucked Steel is shit, just like any other game with lesbians. Anti-male propaganda sucks, deal with it.

The latter.

Look, Angelica is a complete waste of space and ruins every scene she's in, but that thankfully doesn't manage to ruin the entire game.

Yes she does. You can't give them an inch, they choose to betray their fellow men, so fuck Cucked Steel and fuck Falcom. Thank god they seem to be making shittier games. Unless is full of shit and the new Ys is awesome, in which case FUCKING SHIT

Get help, lad. This isn't healthy behavior. This isn't even how people on the spectrum of normal set by this place act.

So this is where you ran off too to continue shitposting.

Come at me motherfucker, the only one seeking help will be YOU. You got insecurities.
RIP you, fagbait.

Not an argument.

The social linking in Lacrimosa of Dana isn't that big of a deal, and the game is fucking fantastic anyway.

So how long do you think they will withhold the information about the new SMT entry until they finally reveal something?
Who wants to bet two years? 3 years? Maybe as long as how SMTxFE took?

Until three weekss before release where they announce it will be a game that is called SMT but features Marie and every annoying Persona system they could put in without calling it Persona 6.

Looking around, been finding a few more art assets that weren't in the zip making the rounds shortly after the JP release. No one happens to have the full set?

It's the 25A project, so I don't think it'll take that long.

Why does P5 have some great Christmas Cakes?

I hope The Crimson lets you bang Sae. And also adds a proper harem ending.

Like in this doujin: exhentai.org/g/1015903/c8765b8b21/

Is there an easy way to level up in Persona 3 FES? I'm playing it on my PS3 and am about level 39 on october 3. The wiki says the two bosses in my block (tziah) are at 41 and 50, and so I need to level so my ass doesn't get raped, but every time I get a few battles in and want to fellate a shotgun out of sheer tedious boredom.
Every other time I've had to buckle down and level has been the same; sit down, think about how nice suicide would be for 5 hours, and come out barely any higher. Is there an exp glitch I could exploit? Every tip or trick I've found has been for level 70+, which is completely useless to me right now. I'm considering just reading a story summary and never booting the game up again at this point.

It's perfect

The only speed leveling trick I remember in FES was maxing out the Emperor s-link fast, getting Odin and using him to cheese the Reaper over and over.

You shouldn't need to grind in P3. The Tartarus bosses can occasionally be tricky but they mostly have exploitable weaknesses. Combo skills and items will help you cheese through them.