What's your favorite game, Holla Forums?

What's your favorite game, Holla Forums?

patrician fucking taste. not as good as this bad boy though

It's hard to say. Favorite as in, game I've replayed the most? Game that I think is the best ever made? Game that I felt the best after having played it?

I'd probably pick this one for all of those anyway.

Toss up between these two I guess. Hard to choose favorites.

My most prized possession.

And posted KOTOR 2.
second pic related to his post.

Monster Hunter. 4U is probably the best in the series, but I can't say one specifically is my favorite. I have so many fond memories of this series and still find enjoyment in it after thousands of hours.

I remember how I kept seeing the first monster hunter at gamecrazy over a decade ago. It looked so cool, but gamepot said it was garbage so i didnt buy it for the longest time. Eventually I just said fuck it, and ended up finding one of my favorite games. There was nothing like MH1 online. it's been almost a decade since the servers were shut down.

only real G's played this one

Yoda was a faggot

I will NEVER stop shilling the Deception series.

Weren't the japanese PS2 monhun servers up until a few years ago? Afaik FFXI on PS2 got shut down not so long ago there.

Generic Halo clone

wash your mouth kid
you gonna have an infection with all the shit coming out of it

War Magus a best

I'm sorry user, the game us enjoyable and so are the squad mechanics (even if static).
But its a fairly short fairly average game.

Not a Halo clone as I jokingly refered to, but nothing really great as well.

Not sure about the japanese servers.

FFXI on ps2 got shut down about a year ago in all regions, if i remember correctly. I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did. I was playing on PS2 on launch day, but apparently Japan was still going strong on ps2 until the shutdown.

It's too bad they made the game about rushing to end level now. I tried playing it again recently and it just made me depressed seeing all the areas you were supposed to go through on your journey completely empty, thanks to the new leveling methods. Maybe the mobile game will bring that feeling back.

Very few games fully realize everything that they tried to be. NFS Most Wanted (the 2005 original, that is) did in every way possible. Earlier entries weren't as perfectly polished, later entries tried to recapture it, failed, and then moved on to try other things. There's still some flaws, as nothing can ever be 100% perfect, but when it comes to street racing games there's just none better. The music, the open world progression, the characters, the fact that the characters and story don't get in your way and are a joy rather than a chore to meet, greet and totally beat, the customization, the handling, the sheer mechanical variety - all unparalleled.

Burnout Paradise is the closest anything's come to being as good, but the more arcadey complete-sandbox style and lack of progression makes it quick to lose interest once you've done and seen everything you wanted to.

They dropped support for the ps2 and xbox360 versions in 2015 for the major update at the time, effectively killing it for the consoles. The servers are still up you can only play them on PC now.

As an aside if you are interested in playing the game without needing to buy it there's a few private servers up. Take a look at those you may enjoy that.

Paradise was fucking garbage compared to Takedown or Revenge. Paradise had "hundreds of ways to reach the finish line!" which translated to "one right one that the AI will take and if you miss one turn and go down the wrong alley you lose". It also had truly retarded always online multiplayer leaderboard garbage, the worst radio announcer of all time, and was basically the death of the entire series

Gameplay wise it was average and the A.I. was just another industry standard of it's time, but the story was pretty good and they all the details of it.
Music wise, it's probably one of the best games I've played. The characters were interesting and had personality. It wasn't really hard but offered a challenge and you couldn't just run 'n' gun it. Good use of your squad made for easier gameplay sometimes, so the squad never felt like a hindrance. The ambiance of missions was also good.

I wouldn't call it average, it did what most Sci-Fi FPS did at the time, but added a other details that made for a great experience. Look at it like TLoU, it doesn't do anything new and borrows from it's contemporaries, but it was tight on other parts and details that helped make a great experience, for example, blood/oil getting splashed into your visor (I'm not saying TLoU is 10/10 or anything). It really made the Republic Clone fantasy real and it came out of nothing honestly.

It was a great game, and probably the 2nd best FPS to come out in 2005. It did have tough competition, F.E.A.R., Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30, Battlefield 2, Call of Duty 2, SWAT 4, Area 51 (and I'm not counting console exclusives like Killer 7 or Timesplitters). Only F.E.A.R. eclipses it imo. The fact that it managed to make a name on that time makes it above average.

Are there any must-have mods for it?