As a preface- people told me to take a break from video games (for what is now a LONG time ago), and I did so...

As a preface- people told me to take a break from video games (for what is now a LONG time ago), and I did so. This is my experience after taking the break.
>everything has a retarded realism aesthetic I look forward to emulating the switch on my comp
Tell me it'll be okay, o-o-onee-s-sama
Game industry crash when?

holy fuck

Hey I made that post

Nuts and Bolts was pretty fun for 11 years old me, i dunno. Making dick and ass shaped vehicles is fun.

Also the non cucked indie scene is doing fairly well.
Play some weird shit from itch.io or just go through your steam queue and download everything that looks interesting. Find time to catch up with all those source mods you've never played (go play g-string).
There's a lotta good stuff out there. It's just very hard to come by it, especially here since people have given up on video games a loooong time ago.

oh, I forgot
>long inactive/dead studios, franchises, and creators are hyping up their j-new game
I kinda believe if motion controls hadn't been as rushed to the market, with better, cheaper tech, and more games, they would be a big still today. They'll probably make a return if VR is successful

Nice blog. Subscribed :)

You cannot ignore them forever.

How long did you stop playing vidya for?

4 years (although I did play vidya, just older titles). They weren't a really big hobby for me beforehand, and during the time I was working towards my degree so I didn't play that much

bump

Ignore who?

Read the image
the jews

(((them)))

The goys!

bump for truth

Most low level ones are pretty harmless. It's not like Judaism is going to be a thing once the revolution is idealized anyway.

It's not all bad…

I feel the issue with 99% of today's games is a question of scope.
Games used to fill a niche for their own genres. Sure there were a thousand RTSes, Sportsballs, Platformers, but for every hundred generic knockoffs, there was one that did something very specific and set its goal so precisely that you could easily explain why you liked it so much to your friends and get them to try it too. I.E. Mario Strikers is a somewhat unpolished sportsball game, but its scope has always been to provide cheap and arcade fun. GTA titles provided the cheap thrills of experimental sandbox games but their scope was still to simulate a crime-ridden city and a story. Civilization never tried to be historically accurate as much as historically humorous.

Nowadays though every game and their mothers are trying to jump the shark. You can't have an RTS that does just its job, it has to feature e-sports tier multiplayer, provide humorous entertainment as streambait, "bridge the gap between seasoned veterans and newcomers by expanding its core audience", and a shitload more things that make no sense to add or say about it, simply because its publishers and developers don't have a clear, beginning-to-end idea of their own project. They're making it up as they go and trying to reach a deadline and setting the game's goal as high as it can possibly get and with as unlimited choices as possible. Look at fucking Hearts of Iron IV and tell me if it isn't the most cancerous strategy game ever created. It tries to be so many things together that it ultimately plays worse than an iOs game and this is all because its developers sacrificed their vision for a gritty war-game with a WWII coat of paint in favor of a fully customizable "experience" (another word that means nothing but that it's tossed around by unfocused developers).

Trannies always have these.

Imagine the immense pressure such total sexual programming combined with surroundings that reinforce their behavior must exert on "transsexual" individuals.

They think being a trap will get them laid, or if they're low test that they can pass.

Am I a /coolguy/?

Nice blog op

Whatever their reasoning is, it gets facilitated. They haven't heard "no" even once.

That's the worst one in my opinion. People always moan about others not wanting specific games/genres to pander to newcomers, but if you had no prior interest in the series/genre before they made it easier for you then why bother with it at all?

This guy gets it. The biggest misunderstanding on the part of publishers, suits, and marketing teams is in thinking that there's just one big market/consumerbase for videogames when in reality it has always been a consolidated userbase consisting on many niches for every genre that exists. Sure, there's people who might like different things, not just one type of game, but for the most part people feel attuned to one gameplay style that really tickles their fancy, and instead of designing games that play to their genre's strengths, devs are content just falling for the mass appeal meme and sacrificing a lot of cohesion and genre conventions in the process.

The end result is, most of the time, a game that alienates the niche audience and confuses the casuals that the devs are so desperately trying to convince to play their games, it's the embodiment of "the universal recipe for failure": trying to appeal and appease absolutely everyone. The people who've played vidya, especially those who come from vidya's infancy, feel disenfranchised with the industry today because games stopped being about genres, variety, differentiation, and refining entertaining mechanics, but instead became samey products that differ little from one another with little to no quality and tailored exclusively for idiots who don't care about vidya to begin with.

Well I'm hoping to develop a roguelike in the coming year.
I'm hoping for it to be as if Doom 1/2 was a roguelike aesthetically. What tips/features would you want in a good roguelike? Apart from permadeath with no progression saved.

Well, it's first person, playing a bit like Ziggurat.

Adding on to this, no game can be it's own thing anymore. Everything seems to have a quota of overused game mechanics that publishers have seen focus group data on. In the past 2 years how many games have you seen that have the following features/buzzwords used to describe them:

OH SHIT NIGGA

WHY DO PEOPLE FUCKING DO THIS

They went batty.

>tfw you're old and getting tired

>>>/r9k/

>>>/gondola/

They not teach you how to crosslink on that refugee bananaboat you leaked on?

>>>/halfchan/

Watch and learn fag
>>>/4chan/

Isn't this one of those retarded commie memes?

It's hard to tell when the industry is just making shit and when I'm just in hardcore nostalgia mode. I'd suggest going back and revisiting games of your past, some will surprise you on how well they hold up, others will surprise you with how much you apologize for shitty games from your childhood.

What is Nintendo.
I cant understand why so many people complain about there not being any good games out but refuse to buy a Wii U or 3DS and enjoy the plethora of Nintendo first party games.

Holy moley I had never though about that. Do you think as a way of coping they decide on becoming trannies?

bump