Shadow Warrior Books

Apparently two Shadow Warrior novels were made back when it was released in 1997, did anyone read them?

why would anyone read a shitty book based off of a shitty game nobody played back then because of how garbage it was and only received any sort of recognition for being that other build engine game recently by le xD hardcore retro pc gamers

who shat in your sink user?

If someone posts them I'll read them in full.

They'll probably be shit, just like the game.

Read a lot of them user, suffice to say, a lot of them had authors that have plenty of creative license what they would write.

This game is the best build shooter

Welsh m8

Wasn't there a talking space gorilla in one of the last books.

I played and liked the games and I'm interested in read them .
Also someone has pic related?

Yup, really went full cartoon sci-fi by the third book instead of rip'n'tear, Doom guy was portrayed as a fucking pussy by the authors.

Ironically, Halo has actually some pretty decent hard-ish sci fi novels, it's actually one of the better sci fi series in terms of literature to come out in the past 15 years or so.

can confirm, contact harvest and ghosts of onyx were really solid sf novels just in general

I've bee hearing that these were good for a long while now, I'll have to see if I can download them somewhere. Is it necessary to know the Halo story beforehand to fully understand them? I like the games(the Bungie ones) but haven't played any of them in years

Well, order of release is more or less the ideal reading order (technically reading one book earlier here and there might be better but not by much), and the first novel that came out was the prequel to the first game, so even without remembering the specifics of the bungie games, you should be fine for a while, as the first 4 novels follow a single story thread the first book starts.

For context, the order of release is

Fall of Reach > The Flood > First Strike > Ghosts of Onyx > Contact harvest > The Cole Protocol > Evolutions > Cryptum > Glasslands > Primordium > Thursday War > Silentium > Mortal Dictata > Broken Circle > New Blood > Hunters in the Dark > Last Light > Fractures > Smoke and Shadow

Fall of Reach to Cole Protocol is "Bungie era", Evolutions is a transitional, and Cryptum to present is "343 era". I'd say that prior to moving into the 343 books, it would be a good idea to replay or rewatch the bungie era games as well, as well as then consuming the 343 games as you go along with their boosk or you likely would get confused then, but as long as you at least vaguely reemeber the Bungie games, you should be fine without replaying them for the bungie books. Worth noting more then while Halo 4 and 5 have pretty bad stories the 343 novels are still as good as bungie's on average.

If you did want to replay the bungie era games, the ideal order for when to play the games in the context of the novels is that CE should be played during/after/instead of The Flood, since The Flood is CE's novelization (it's also not that good a book, hence why I said "Instead of", but it's cool how it gives extra details about stuff you see in game, like fleshing out indivual enemy's on each level to be entire characters); 2 should be played after First Strike, ODST should be played after Ghosts of Onyx, 3 after ODST, Wars after Contact Harvest, and then Reach after Cole Protocol.

Some other stuff:

- The order I gave of when to read the bungie games with the books if you wanna replay them is pesudo chronological. the actual chronological order would be Contact Harvest > Wars > Cole Protocole > Fall of Reach > Reach > CE/The Flood > First Strike > 2/Ghosts of Oynx/ODST (it;s not a novelization of either, but they all take place cocurrently, just covering different events) > 3 > Evolutions; but Starting with Fall of Reach and only "resetting" back to contact harvest after 3 allows you to get a better foundational understanding of the lore prior to reading contact harvest onward, as they/it were released after 3 and might be a bit confusing otherwise.

- Fall of Reach, The Flood, and First Strike have two sets of reprints, the first gave them the covers they have in as opposed to pic related, and then a second added a "definitive edition" label which you can see under First Strike's title in . You don't need to bother finding defintitive edition copies since the chnages are minor, but finding the first reprint at least would be preferable since they add entire chapters. That said, AFAIk there are no torrents or downloads of either reprint, so this only really matters if you are actually buying them. Similarly, Evolutions has a reprint which splits it into two volumes and adds a short story.

- You'll note I didn't mention Saint's Testimony or Shadow of Intent despite them being in that image, that's because both are included as part of Fractures.

- Mortal dictata is pretty terrible and can be skipped entirely unless you really want to finish the story threads glasslands started that thrusday war didn't resolve.

- For the 343 books, you don't technically need to stick to order of release, and something more like Evolutions > ((Forerunner triology),(Kilo 5 triology)) > (Broken Circle, Hunters in the Dark, Last Light) > Fractures > Smokey and Shadow is accurate, but I figured that was unnecessarily complicated. In any case, for the context of the 343 games, 4 should be played midway through or after both the forerunner triology and the kilo 5 triology, and 5 should be played midway through or after that second () group with broken circle and such.

- It;s also worth noting for the forerunner books that they can technically be read whnever since they take place like hundereds of thousands of years before any other novel, but I would heavily advise against that since they are by far the most spoilerific pieces of content in the entire franchise, to the point where some people dislike them purely for revealing too many mysteries (I somewhat agree but they are such amazingly well written blends of sci fi and cosmic horror I don't mind, though they are pretty dense reads)

- There are also various comics and guide books I can explain if you want me to.

Forgot my image

best gayme books comin through

Roadside Picnic was just a sci-fi novel compared to Tarkovsky's novel, Stalker wasn't even intended to be an adaption of Roadside Picnic.

*compared to the Tarkovsky adaption

I wanna' be hopeful, since it has Tom Clancy on the cover when that fucking meant something, but I know in my heart it's a waste of time.

Please tell me at least one of them is good.

You better be trolling. Roadside Picknick and Metro 2033 came out before the respective games inspired by them.

Then the STALKER game is sci-fi comparatively as well
the game is loosely inspired by the book and movie, closer to the book in a lot of ways though

it;s a book that's relevant to a video game, game book

best video game book of all time coming through xD

nice job finding the one exception to the rule

i loved this video game book too

If I was the kind that read books, I would be out there reading them instead of idling doing nothing because all games that came out in the past few years are shit, wouldn't I?