Holla Forums Gamenight Thread

So Holla Forums, which game would you play for gamenight?

Worms Armageddon

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:cfdacfb6180818e04b2558fdee38ad5b6c1fc38b&dn=Worms+Armageddon+3.7.2.1+%5Bno-Steam%5D&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fpublic.popcorn-tracker.org%3A6969

or

GTA SAMP

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:6abb5be16784ee66dd2f1dbd5cb86730464974e0&dn=Grand+Theft+Auto+San+Andreas-HOODLUM+&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fpublic.popcorn-tracker.org%3A6969

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/groups/8chanWormsArmageddon
worms2d.info/Creating_a_Worms_movie#Exporting_video_frames_from_a_replay_file
worms2d.info/Creating_a_Worms_movie#.28Optional.29_Converting_frames_to_video_files_with_VirtualDub
lags.leetcode.net/codec.html
github.com/nixxquality/WebMConverter
trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Slideshow
gtasamp.com.br/)
gameranger.com/games/
store.steampowered.com/app/473770/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

worms because i dont have to deal with latency because i live in the autistic land of of /aus/

Always bet on Worms. Especially if it's Worms Armageddon.

WA is love, WA is life.

Worms Armageddon muh nigga.

Worms, duh.

Worms.

Sadly every time I've tried to play that thing online it doesn't work, no matter what patch I install that's supposed to fix the online portion of the game.

Worms sounds fun and lag is not a problem.

Urben hosts WA games once every so often. It's pretty fun:
steamcommunity.com/groups/8chanWormsArmageddon

looks dead m8

I know how cancerous it looks, he barely even uses it anymore, I just wanted to show that the group exists and I found this slightly overcomplicated tutorial on how to make replay WEBMs:
I tried a new way to convert replay files to webm. It worked very well.

How it works:
Worms Armageddon reccords EVERY game you play. You find the record files here:
\Worms Armageddon\User\Games
Find the right file and watch it. Press space ingame to skip turns. Write down the time when the video should start and stop.

Now, convert the .WAgame replay file to .png frames. See here:
worms2d.info/Creating_a_Worms_movie#Exporting_video_frames_from_a_replay_file

Then convert them to .avi with VirtualDub. See here:
worms2d.info/Creating_a_Worms_movie#.28Optional.29_Converting_frames_to_video_files_with_VirtualDub

For VirtualDub you need a lossless codec. The linked ones didnt worked for me. If you have the same issue, I used this codec:
lags.leetcode.net/codec.html

My video was ~100MB big. If you skipped finding a codec and used a uncompressed codec, it could be ten times as big.

Now you need to convert the avi to webm. You should be pretty open which programm you prefer. I used this one:
github.com/nixxquality/WebMConverter

I didnt changed the settings. I wanted more quality by checking "VP9 encoder", but this didnt worked. So keep all settings as they are.

After that, you have the webm. Have fun!

And what about just using some program like Camtasia or such? I mean, the size probably will be the same, but it comes in mp4 from the start and it seems a lot more simple.

and when are we playing? right now, or are we organizing for tonight?

I recommend learning a bit from video compression, since if you don't know just a little bit of some things you'll be left with a much worse video after taking a bunch of shortcuts.

For more knowledgeable anons, this will give much better results:
Just use ffmpeg (or if you want a GUI, xmedia recode) and reencode the video to lossless h264 (set average quantizers to 0) or lossless vp9 (vp9 has a lossless mode) and flac audio (flac is lossless audio compression) on a mkv container, any video conversion program should support all of those codecs since they are all widespread and highly popular, most of them are based on ffmpeg itself anyway.
If you want to also record the thing in real time (will use much more cpu and yield less quality unless you use a lossless compression method which will increase your cpu usage even more, unless you have a nvidia pascal gpu which can do lossless hardware accelerated compression) OBS is the best recording program out there.
I strongly recommend against anything FRAPS related, it has always been the worst (but simplest to use) video capture software out there.

Also, i recommend Worms. SAMP is fun and all but there's not much we can do togheter and it's a latency sensitive game. We only have 12 replies and we are already an ausfag plus me from south america, and i'm sure other anons are eurocucks or gringos.

We managed to bring together a bunch of euranons, a guy from USA, a certified shitposter from aussieland and a turkish baneposter in the last couple of games. Worked fine, server froze up only once.

Are you playing right now? i'm still downloading the game.

no, I'm not the OP, nor am I playing it with the kraut
Which reminds me: OP's only made one post.

Battlefront 2 if someone can figure out how to fucking play online with mods.

In the case of Worms Armageddon there is a much better way with ffmpeg. Once you have the frames extracted from the replay in png form, just do this:
trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Slideshow
Set the framerate accordingly, 50 if you used 1 frame skip when extracted (25 if 2, etc). Something like this just works, setting the prefix of the pngs accordingly:
ffmpeg -framerate 50 -i basename_%06d.png out.webm
There will be no sound obviously.

Why even seed a torrent if you're going to do it at 1KB/s

none of you bitch ass niggas wanna play some SAMP? smh

This works as an idea.

Frankly I'd be down for a gamenight where I wasn't hosting the server

spekaing of I wonder if that linux user ever got to work on the HCE server after I put up my files

It's good other anons are doing gamenights, I was hoping more would pop up

I do. But i'm burned out on most kinds of servers, i already played RPG ones to death, I already played deathmatch ones to death, i already fucked around on party ones to death. I just pop in randomly to pilot planes in a stunt server now.

If you're using a private tracker, most of them give you some points for at least trying to seed, could be because of that

Also does anyone know how is SR2's MP?

have you played on any serious RP servers though?

Can we toss ideas in? I suggest Red Orchestra 1.

Wall of text rant ahead.

Yes. They were all the bad kind of autism though, They all involved autistically overreaching rules, niggers who get assmad at you being better than them and hotpockets. I played on a local server with a good amount of players (200~300). It's really bad how you could be a cop, and you give someone a wanted level for possessing illegal firearms so all they do is swap to fists and take a screenshot of their empty hands with a wanted level you had just given them then you're punished for it and you have to spend 4 hours with the game open in a cage where you can't actually play the thing for a punishment. There came a point where i was using a script to take screenshots of the game every few seconds because i could give someone a ticket for driving over the sidewalk and they would take a screenshot of them obviously just coming out of the sidewalk then i'd get punished when i dindu nuffin. Then i realized how shit it all was and not worth it how the gamemode itself is pretty fun without niggers and i used some script kiddy tier software to take down the server for a month without being able to have the server owner fight back because samp was vulnerable and i would just use a new proxy IP once they banned the one i was using. Eventually i got tired of DDOS'ing the server (my bandwidth was just enough to take it down) and i stopped but i would still do it routinely when i had free time or was bored, and then came a version of some cheat i forgot the name that let you gain admin privileges so i managed to ban every hotpocket, edit the data of people i hated (money, level, VIP subscription, etc) and just randomly hand out bans to people in general until i found the command that would save the server's data and back it up, at which point i hoped it would delete the old backups so i repeatedly saved the server's data but apparently all i managed to do was fill up the hard drive which took a few days for the server owner to fix. Now it lost most of the player base.
In fact if you look at their website right now (gtasamp.com.br/) i just took it down and it's offline.

CrazyBobs CnR is where is at, that and the Partyserver if still around these days.

Picture did not go through.

It's still around but it went to shit years ago. I came in a few weeks back and it was full of those new crowd of "le gamers" like cs:go, overwatch and dota players. It felt like i was playing an online valve game and they heavily changed the gameplay to not resamble what it once was. Also on the few minutes i was in i had 4chan namedropped multiple times and everyone was memeing some shit tier reddit memes.
Never touched CrazyBobs CnR.
I fuck around UIF nowadays.

So how do i join you people playing worms? my download just finished.

1)Install it, run it and choose Wormnet. Coordinate a round here
2)Hamachi, etc
3)are we playing now, or at night?

Well i was hoping to play right now. Why wait for no reason?
Would rather get my ass penetrated by that one trap that cosplays as Quiet.

Ok, so that's a NO to Hamachi
Sorry, i don't know shit about these programs, any help/knowledge comes handy

Well, when any of you guys want to start a round let us know

I think we can use gameranger for this

since GR doesn't check for authentic copies or not. Those of you who wanted to play BFII should have it already

You do know that nobody plays that anymore and that Multi Theft Auto has been a thing for years now, right?

No, but i do know you haven't touched either. MTA still has no servers and samp is still highly popular.

really jogs the noggin

I'm afraid to ask what that entails

Jobody that matters plays it anymore, russians and brazilians are not people.

And you clearly haven't touched MTA either.

I know what you mean though

Once again, we get 44 dubs and OP is nowhere in sight.

It's on GoG, or for the heterosexuals among us I can upload an iso of the original disc release. There's no reason you should have to use Hamachi for Worms.

Here are a couple of old webms.

Jesus Nigger get it together

got some more? i love worms fuckups

100% planned, right, urben?

I can't find armageddon on the share thread's GoG torrent (although i can find the earlier games) and on qbittorrent's search engine i can only find a really shady slav torrent.

Happened to me more times than i would like to admit.

I'm uploading the iso to the vola right now.

No, sadly. Those are the only two I made for the purposes of bullying Urben.

You don't need hamachi, just use wormnet, it works.

Theres going to be a stream?

Wait what, is it happening? What LAN thing is being used?

You are scum.

the fuck just happened?
don't get me wrong, i like this idea

so is this stickied without any game happening?

And if a game does happen i won't be here because i'm sleepy as fuck right no and i'm only here for some memeing going on at Holla Forums

I guess it was for anticipation, to not let the thread fade in obscurity and get more players.
Or maybe someone is already playing abd didn't tell

In any case, I'm in

oh fuck

I thought it was the same, given that in the end we use Wormnet. I'll admit that most of the retarded methods were proposed by me, i don't know shit about multiplayer outside official servers, sorry pls no bully

worms is pretty easy to get going so that has my vote

NO WORMS NO BUY

Worms all day

it's always fun while it lasts, but it never does

Let me know when you make the thread, and when you're gonna do the event. I personally recommend friday nights motha fucka, due to the end of the work week.

Also make sure to have a few servers, I tried doing a P2P last time and it didn't work out so well.

Official Worms Armageddon servers work fine, you just need to host through Hosting Buddy and use external services like WMDB to get more sophiscated levels and schemes

You suck and fail as both board owner and person.

Watch out. You might get rage banned.

My idea would be to keep organizing game rounds on a weekly basis, as with Arma, Project Reality, CS 1.6, AoE2, etc.

I would love to organize, but but not only I'm from Argentina, but my particular Internet sucks dick 3MB

hmm. well I don't mind someone else hosting it. Although we can have it as a set thing where someone makes a thread randomly and it'll be first come first serve every friday night. Obviously one game at a time, but alas.

No need to be so Tsundere anun-kun~

I have decent internet, so I can probably do it for a few hours.

Not that bad, I've lived with that for years. It should be good enough for turn absed games and shit like tabletop sim

turn based game sure, but something like an action or driving game WILL have issues.

So i have to pay for the game?

Yeah we should play games we can pirate and play online

i swear

Well when someone recommended some software called Evolve in the Share Thread.

I don't want Holla Forums to have to download extra software though.

sorry, slip of the keyboard.

servers do not check if your copy is valid

I wish we could play something good, fun and free like Quake World

You can!

Just set it up on a friday night and I'll sticky it and edit the subject to say "Friday Night Holla Forumsidya Night" and then sticky the thread. Let me know in advance tho.

I have a gog installer of starwars battlefront 2 laying around. Would the interest anyone? I would say vanilla because every time we try for mods it becomes a shitshow. Or if anons want them, point me to them and I'll zip them up with the installer.

but we did that around a year ago. We CAN do it again.

I aim to make it easier and faster. No fucking around with torrents or downloading mods, just what you need all together and possibly already installed

We're gonna play games we have to download software anyway

And we can also play free games. There's planetside, tf, ut alpha, xonotic, toxikk, MWLL, ballisticNG (a really good wipeout clone) and many others for sure

Nice to know that you are not a complete faggot

Do you remember the old days of Holla Forums playing epicmafia? Now that was fun. I'm down if anyone wants to go for a round or two.

It's a good idea

True. I also play on a notebook with no video card, so when playing PR my soldier has convulsions and a pegleg. it doesn't stop me of being a good sniper sometimes

but can we play SuperTuxKart?

I guess we can try out Evolve, although if anyone has a better suggestion on playing pirated games online then let me know.

What about an 8-man round of Crash Team Racing?

Sanic Transformed is superior, but if you wanna set shit up then give me a holla.

Gonna unsticky in a bit, just a heads up.

And i take that back, you are not even human.

The most fun I had playing as a kid was smash bros on the n64 at a friends house (rich bastard)

You can set emulators up for online multiplayer, I've done it before

I dunno shit bruh, got a better suggestion?

Sanic Transformed > Cresh Racan > Mario Kart

Yeah, but doesn't it usually take a ton of prerequisites? I tried playing Project M the other day, and it seemed like a hassle.

No problem, the idea is planted. Thanks for the sticky. We'll just come back thursday night and be ready for friday

I think for Smash64 or normal Melee you don't have too much trouble

We could play robocraft, nobody cares about robocraft

What about Mario Party?

Then there's also this and Teeworlds

Nobody cares about interacting with autistic virgins outside of Holla Forums either.

fucking gaymergays

>>>/vg/

Sounds fun

I have two words for you that will ruin your day
CHANCE TIME

But yeah, it's a good idea.

Gameranger is good but it has doesn't have a lot of supported games.
gameranger.com/games/

…
…
…
…
i'm not a virgin :(

Forgot about Soldat also

How do you suggest to play that game online? In fact, how would online console games even work?

How about Re-Volt instead?

Seriously I really want to beat people on this game store.steampowered.com/app/473770/

Sounds good

Looks like a poor man's wipeout

How're you going to play wipeout online on pc then?

I remember that Plasma Burst 2 had multiplayer, but it was wonky as fuck and the maps where painfully bland.

fuck yeaha worms armageddon, I actually pretty much like all the worms games, seriously under populated least the newer ones are and I love the 3d worms games, those were the firsts ones I played then pc took it too a new level.

Noone asked you afro. Go play with your skirts

OP here, I went to sleep and just woke up, the fuck's happening here?

No really, I don't want this thread to die because I didn't reply for 8 hours.

Use hosting buddy to host a WA server.

I'm usually fucking terrible at hosting servers, but I'll try.

Okay, I've set up an intermediate game, I'm the ausfag.

Can we do Worms 3D or 4 sometime

the password is rage

Don't worry mate. The point is to keep it in our memory (and in the archive) and around thursday/friday morning we decide what to play every week and provide links for it.

Every idea is accepted. Preferably games available for everyone with a medium pc and connection. Evolve would be a bad example and its shit

join again if you want, same pass

where the fuck is it

Its the argetinian serb

Daily reminder that OP never responded to anyone.

Yeah i know, my bad.

Is chairfucker's server still up?

Arriba!

A gay orgy over webcams.

What are we playing on friday?

We can play with each other's cocks if you want.

Do I get to go to the park today?

WELCOME TO HELL

Worms Armageddon, but someone else could try hosting a SAMP serb if they felt like it.

Bump so it doesn't fall off the board.
Waiting on that friday

FRIDAY
FRIDAY
GOTTA GET DOWN ON FRIDAY

Reviving this thread to get you ready for a bloody Friday night!
I don't know if you want a proper new thread. For now the general consensus is ==WORMS ARMAGEDDON== using good ol' Wormnet

WHERE ARE THE VIDEO GAMES MARK GET BACK FROM THE SYNAGOGUE

bumpo what happened to OP

I don't know if OP is still alive. Also i don't know if Mark wants to sticky this or a new thread later into the night.
For now i'm just giving this thread some shocks to keep it alive and present so we can have more people tonight.

OP here should I host the serb now?

go ahead, im in

Alright, password is rage. We might need to do a new thread if it seems deserted.

Bump, come join us in brit server

downloading now

Better join while you still can; it's like a ghost town here.

whats the name?

It's the ausfag serb, password is rage.

Am I an idiot because I don't see it. Whats the nickname of the host?

I'm guessing your playing right now, anyone else up for a game?

Well those were some good games. I'm gonna close the server down for now, but if anyone wants to do a couple moar games then hit up the thread.

Self Bump, if anyone wants to play now I'd be happy to host.

Webm test.

Now if you want.

I wasn't expecting Anons to be ready right now. Might play a bit later.

Another Webum test.

RIGHT WING SAFETY SQUAD REPORTING IN
Looks like the beta video didn't lie, works with wine and is actually better because I start the game windowed

forgot the image

Should I open a new server?

yeah

Done, password is niggers

still up?

yeah dude the server is still up, im having a blast

where is it? I searched for servers but didn't find any locked ones

Anyone wants to host?

I'm hosting, but there's a game going on.
I'll let you know when it's available again.

K it's done.

Which one?

nvm figured it out

Thanks user for the games, I had a lot of fun. I got super lucky at the second one, 3 bananas from 3 crates in a row.

I'm back, same password as before n shiet.

Server's up again.

wew, that was fun. Maybe I should do this next week and see how many anons wanna play, and probably do a SAMP serb as well.

Why not make a cyclic thread for gamenights? A generic one, so people can reunite there and create servers for multiple games. Doesn't need to be just for weekends.

Any one make webs of that game last night?

On it.

Bump