GOOD CHRISTIAN ACE COMBAT THREAD

EVERYTHING WE KNOW ABOUT AC7 SO FAR [CONSTANTLY UPDATED]
pastebin.com/k3AQQvEB
NEW TO ACE COMBAT?
Ace Combat is a series of arcade-y dogfighting sims where you pilot a multitude of fictional and real planes in various conflicts in the alternate world of Strangereal. This game isn't like other flight sims such as DCS world or EF2000, in that it doesn't strive for an absurd amount of realism in its flight model. Instead, Ace Combat is all about fun. Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown is the latest game in the series and will be releasing on the PS4 in 2017 with PSVR support.
If you want to try out the series, grab the latest PCSX2 build from here and use the settings pictured (or if you know what you're doing feel free to raise your graphics settings however you want): buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php
or grab a PS2 and play Ace Combat 04, 5, and 0. Those are the best of the series and if you enjoy them you'll enjoy the rest. If you have an Xbox 360 then grab Ace Combat 6 (No idea whether it runs on Xenia). See the chart for any other games you may want to try.
DON'T HAVE ONE OF THE GAMES?
Well here you go:
Air Combat (Easily skippable but worth playing if you want to see where it all began):
mega.nz/#!hdNmFZDY!YpX7FmCVsIohCRz63Suc47Olo6iJ05YAouzHbaKBIZY
Ace Combat 2:
mega.nz/#!gclBRCoD!7qlCBsoq1GPWoD71j6dMYZ7W5J3CjgCSBAGMxDQpUac
Ace Combat 3 Electrosphere:
mega.nz/#!tIEhCbwT!VdffqXxEDpPLdXzz5GJm-LKTHlIP7ZZZiR9GybsFX14
Ace Combat 04 Shattered Skies:
mega.nz/#!NdVREDYJ!dyqiVVFiDkKgmPntWYgMBFpuTAPzr9vatDh5FVToJy4
Ace Combat 5 The Unsung War:
mega.nz/#!UNMmjL4A!LZZrDurory6YLs_6N7fWmj9XoAENrQboEJAtWeGe6rM
Ace Combat 0 The Belkan War:
mega.nz/#!cF1zRLiY!t1tVj7i3Oy9l9zirj40eUC-uqzRxNUj5RWrFpGixJ7k
EXTRA SHIT
Aces at War artbook:
mega.nz/#!j45AgabB!rCUE-drpxSpEO65gSfL_LR3Lk9MDRLzffMoeYAsujqs
Complete Soundtracks of every single Ace Combat game:
mega.nz/#!1Q9CkCBQ!-k18FqzQVauxQBT5Fkx7F_69dsopYyftR6uUb5hWi54
Project Wingman (Fanmade game inspired by Ace Combat):
rb-d2.itch.io/wingman
Open Horizon (Open source implementation of Assault Horizon's renderer and physics with DFM removed, will eventually be able to play all earlier PS2/360 AC levels and custom maps):
zxstudio.org/blog/author/razgriz/

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/MHYkX
archive.fo/RpwGv
mega.nz/#!ZRdV0agY!j9jZn2vFLzCl9bBCdE70WfbaUVBLmI_0gUVkKyTCeuY
archive.is/l898r
please
8ch.net/v/res/11842113.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This game is overhyped.

We don't need Ace Combat threads up 24/7, there's nothing to discuss.

"Yet what is a nation?"

If that dude is Pixy then I'll cum buckets

>>>/reddit/

Is there a way to fix the audio desync on in-game cutscenes?
Everything else works wonders, it's just the desync on in-game cutscenes that fails

The only good Ace Combat games are Air Combat and Ace Combat 2. Everything else is trash and you should feel bad.

LONG LIVE BELKA

Holy shit i just noticed how old he looks

That would be so cash if it was pixy

This

There's finally a directly recorded video of the AC7 demo

Hello goy- dear customers, why don't you support the development of Ace Combat 7 by playing ou- that free 2 play game infinity on the ps3. Maybe even buy fuel.

BELKA WILL RISE AGAIN!

BELKAN CLAY BEST CLAY

OSEAN PIG-DOGS GO DIE

CUM

Go dance with the angels, mister.

Does the OSTs have the 3DS remake of 2?

I'm working on getting that soundtrack. It'll be added soon.

user I'm pretty sure you can get the soundtracks of 4, 5, 0, and 6 on emuparadise as FLACs. Maybe get them and stick them all in a 7z file for each game?

Neat, thanks for posting. Based on the controller layout in the early part of the video, it looks like the gameplay is basically the same as the other numbered AC games. Surprisingly, I didn't see a dedicated flare button, despite flares being a confirmed feature. I'm also curious to know if high-G turns are making a return. So many questions.

Also, the guy playing is fucking terrible at the game.

I hope this voice acting is just for the demo, and that they re-record it for the actual release.

So apparently I have PCSX2 set up incorrectly. I followed the picture in the OP, but there are these extremely noticeable black vertical lines on the screen when I played AC4.

Google recommended changing the internal resolution to certain values (which I tried and did nothing) and recommended messing with the skipdraw hack (I tried a few values and none seemed to work).

Anyone know the solution?

Honestly, I'm starting to think he might not be Pixy. At the end of Zero, Pixy was a mercenary on the ground rather than the air, making me think he retired from flying after his final sortie. That's what most if not all of the aces interviewed in Zero did after they were shot down, wasn't it? Hang up their wings so to speak, as a sign of respect to the superior pilot?
Playing devil's advocate, mostly, but still, got me thinking.

Talk about the fan translation of 3 then fag, I haven't seen many other anons do so.

I changed my internal res to 1x when I had that issue with AC4 too, and the lines went away. You probably already tried that though, so not sure what else might help. AC4 emulates like shit still, after all.

Could be any real OG pre AC4 due to his old age.

One of the hacks, I forget which one, fixes it. Give me a second and I'll post what I use.

Yeah, that fixed it. Thanks.

Use these settings and you should be able to turn up the resolution.

Have you considered suicide?

This is a Christian board, you fucking newfag.

God dammit. That's the one thing I hate about Vector Thrust and Sky Rogue.

What's wrong with having flares? I never played those games.

That's what you fags said last time when someone brought up how these threads are just useless without anything to discuss.

And does that make the argument any less valid? You seem to be looking for reasons to rag on the fact that there are video game threads on a video game board.

I was playing Ace Combat 4, and realized something. The air base next to Stonehenge has the exact same layout as this pic from Ace Combat 7. Also, all shots from the trailer are facing toward the desert and not the side of stonehenge. I think both bases in 4 and 7 are the exact same, so maybe we will get to take off and land at Stonehenge.

I really do wonder who will be in control of Stonehenge and Lighthouse at the beginning of 7. Surely Erusea wouldn't be allowed to retain control of their asteroid-destroying superweapon.

Also does anyone think that we'll get to witness (or cause) the destruction of Lighthouse? Cause that'd be fucking sweet to see a collapsing orbital elevator from a jet, maybe even having to avoid flaming debris as if falls.

It'll be SOLG 2: Electric Boogaloo: but instead you have to fly down through the elevator.

You better bet we are going to destroy some superweapon, wouldn't be fun if we had to watch others blow it up for us.

MAXIMUM COMFY

Triggered.

OSEAN SPY DETECTED

The base layout at Stonehenge is a perfect replica of a real base in the United States, so it makes sense that it appears exactly the same in 7 if it also features Stonehenge.

MAKE BELKA GREAT AGAIN

That song is more fitting that I realise.

I would know, I have lived near it and been on it a few times, Edwards AFB

Destroying an orbital elevator would be a catastrophic disaster.
Also, I wonder how hard (if at all) they're going on the science of Lighthouse. The only rational place to build an orbital elevator is somewhere on the equator.

From the pastebin
Erusea is already near the equator. Southwest in of that in the Ocean is more or less the equator itself.

Neat. Thanks for the info.
Fun fact: destroying an orbital elevator would scatter debris more or less in a line along the equator, wrapping the planet in a line of charred remnants. It would be a fucking shitshow.

The kind of shitshow that would require an operational Stonehenge to defense against falling debris, perhaps?

Since the poles are constantly moving, doesn't that mean the equator is moving too? So given a long period of time it would no longer be on the equator right?

I can almost see everything now. Some terrorist group blows up the lighthouse to cause another catastrophe like the meteor that fell, and Erusea/Osea band together with Stonehenge to prevent it.

The "poles" aren't physical objects they're just reference points, and while yes axial wobble does exist it wouldn't change where the equator would be in reference to the mapped poles of the Earth.

You're thinking of magnetic poles, those have nothing to do with the Equator.

It probably wouldn't help. Maybe for some of the larger pieces, but overall the damage would be more or less the same.

The Earth's axial tilt changes, if that's what you mean. The pole is just a spot on the globe. Debris from a destroyed space elevator would fall in a line on the equator because of the Earth's rotation; the axial tilt is much less prominent, so it wouldn't have enough time to affect things.

I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT

The equator can move, but not like that. The equator is dictated by the earth's axis of rotation, not the magnetic poles like you seem to think. It would take a massive catastrophe to change the axis that earth rotates on, but it is possible.

Since seeing the first teaser, I've been thinking that Osea might be the aggressors or attackers when it comes to the conflict, since it seemed like it was the Osean plane was attacking the Erusean plane and drone carrier, rather than the other way around. And from what I recall, the big drone carriers are used to protect key structures, which the Lighthouse would certainly fall under. Putting two and two together made me think the Osean plane was outright attacking the Lighthouse in the teaser. If the player character is the one that gets to deliver some catastrophe for one reason or another in an Ace Combat game, that'd be rad as fuck.

It's a bit late, but Ace Combat is now official South Korean Air Force development footage.
archive.is/MHYkX

[MISSION UPDATE]

We have a confirmed launch for Xbox and PC.

It's coming out for everything lads. except switch So we all get to enjoy it.

Fuuuuuck I want to play it in VR so bad, but I don't want to drop 800 dollary doos just to do that.

OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

HISTORIA STATUS
CUM

ACE COMBAT ON PC. DONALD TRUMP MADE VIDYA GREAT AGAIN!

S-sony always w-wins baby.

lel
I thought only the Chinese did this kind of shit. Trying to pass off vidya as real-life air force shit will never stop amusing me. They could have at least picked a better game than Assault Horizon.

Big news. Skies Unknown is officially the subtitle, and it's going to be multiplat (which surprises me).

why are you trying to ruin a good thread and good thing user

Learn to laugh at shitty jokes user.

Oh yes. Finally something new on the flight game front on the PC that's a little more laid back and entertaining.

thinking about it though, doesn't namco put the last titles up with denuvo? So for those avoiding it better hope those jews had a change of heart.

The last Bamco game without denuvo was Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2. Their latest one, the latest game from the Tales series has it. So, expect it to be in Tekken 7 and Ace Combat 7.

Also, this news almost makes me regret buying a Bloodborne box.

bloodborne is still a good game, and you get to play niche japanese stuff like fate/extrella

OH MY GOD IT'S FUCKING HAPPENING

CUM HISTORIA
MUTAT VALDE RAZGRIZ

Apparently 2-player local multiplayer is included. Also, the VR content is only for the PSVR.
archive.fo/RpwGv

I just imagined someone being banned with the message
(ADIOS, YOU DAMN FOOL)
and it made me chuckle.

My memory is shitty, what is this a reference to? I know I've seen it before.

Red Dawn maybe

I might remember it incorrectly but didn't Nagato or whatever her name was strike that same pose during cutscene when search&rescue chopper came to recover her after she had got shot down? Can't remember which game it was out of the holy trinity though.

Updated the pastebin with everything new. Thaty being said

HOLY FUCK I'M HYPE

Are we going to see the ONSI from AC3 getting developed in this game? What if the final boss is between you and a Su-37 Super Flanker.

Macross, one of the openings iirc.

WE'RE HITTING LEVELS OF BORDERLESSNESS THAT SHOULDN'T BE POSSIBLE

The last game that might have forced me to get a console and now I don't have to. All the ports I need have been announced in the past few short months. Good shit

So I got Ace Combat 3DS, since i loved Ace Combat 2 which is a childhood favorite along with Ace Combat 1. What I'm in for?

Something that should have not been named Assault Horizon Legacy in the western world.

It's a remake of Ace Combat 2. You are Scarface once again!

From GAYSpot about the clouds. Straight from Kono.

Neat.

Can't say I mind it not being
honestly. Everyone can enjoy Ace Combat now at least. The fact that it's coming to PC restores my hope that 04, 5, and Zero may get remastered for current gen and PC.
If the PC version has Denuvo I will fucking laugh

Kei Nagase was her name, you're thinking of 5.
polite sage

It's a Bamco game

It's just a meme, fam.

Here's your (you)

Only retarded (((evangelical priests)))

So seeing as ace combat 7 is coming to PC, as a mustard I want to know a few things.
1. Can I enjoy this game if I don't particularly like flight sims?
2. Can I enjoy this game f I haven't played the previous ones?
3. Can I enjoy this game without a flightstick?

It's an arcade style jet fighting game so most likely
There's probably gonna be references to previous games and it probably helps to know the nations in question before hand, just emulate AC4 5 and Zero on PCSX2
Yes.

1. It's less a sim and more arcade but with sim-like controls. You won't have to worry about blacking out from g-force, for example.

2. Ace Combat games stories are only linked together by the world setting they share. There may be a nod here and there to previous games, but that's just for people who stuck with the series. You should be fine.

3. It's fine on a controller.

Cool. I've been wanting to get in on this series, especially with all the OC and /k/ memes around it.

Yes, yes, and yes. Though I'd recommend a gamepad. Also if you have an emulation-friendly machine play Ace Combat 4 or Zero if you want an idea of what you're getting into.

I wonder if they'll intentionally hamstring the fight stick support on the pc version like they did for the stick that came with AC 6's limited edition.

I don't know why but it makes me think about the ending of The Sky Crawlers.

ace combat is shit

Here's your (you)

Looks like Ace Combat 7 will be a sure contender for GOTY

I just want more Butterlord news at this point.

Interesting since Macross Plus just so happens to have the same airbase, just on a different planet.

Depends on exactly what you don't like. If your problem is with the autism and strict simulationist slant of most flight games, then yeah, you should be fine, because Ace Combat is pretty arcadey. If you just don't like games where you fly around or pilot vehicles, though, you're probably not going to like it.
Yes. But you'll probably get more out of it if you have played previous ones, since there seem to be a lot of callbacks to other games in the series.
They're pretty much always designed to be played with gamepads, so yes. Flight sticks are just for immersion and autism.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
HERE
COMES
THE
SNOW
FUCK
I'M CUMMING
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Have the threads turned to shit yet?

Nope.

They're at the point where they're comfy and you get a little bit of OC every thread

Souls community was always shit

Wrong thread.

We both know he was referencing that game

Awesome. Can't wait.

Also doesn't look like Nagise but she could be I guess.

Pure coincidence.

No way she's Nagase, she's way too young. Remember that the events of Ace Combat 7 take place 10 years after Ace Combat 5. Nagase would be 35 at this point.

think the dirt on her face has any relation to the f-22 with three paint marks on the tail?

They picked a good'un

During the new trailer, that red plane gets behind this one and a female VA says "He's right behind me!" So I think it's safe to guess she's the pilot.

Do you think she might be the player's character this time around? Or will it be more of the player IS the pilot.

Physical copies aren't too pricey either, since the series was amazingly popular they ran millions of copies.

Will we fly for glorious Belka?

No, Belka, now quit hoarding nukes. We flyin' for noble Osea again.

The stuff presented in the trailers lead me to believe we'll be a part of some kind of Osean penal squadron.

The epilogue of AC5 also made it clear that ==CUM HISTORIA== was Sand Island Squadron/Ghosts of Razgriz's last flight. Even when they kept getting new reputations, they were still getting recognize. If they flew again, I think people would find out. Unless there's serious retcon shit, as far as I can tell, the Ghosts of Razgriz retired.

I don't think they've ever shown us the player character's face before, so probably not. For that matter, I can't remember any player characters in the past who were implied to be female.

It is basically America, so yeah

You realize there's like 3 Nagases in Ace Combat, right?

I know it's just wishful thinking but.. what if we get an HD rerelease of the trinity of PS3 as a budget release in the interim?

THE JOURNEY BEGINS

I hope we fly for Erusea. It's unlikely but I want to protect the princess' smile.
Also it seems like the Player will be part of a penal squadron in part of the game, probably training pilots by being the OpFor. It would make little sense for the PC to be Osean as they handed Erusea its ass on a silver platter in the last war.

It's possible. They're PS2 games, not PS3.

At least its not Gracemaria

Go dance with the angels.

Gracemeria was alright with its weird not Southern Europe theme. I liked being a strangereal dirty garlic eating swamp wop.

Go dance with the angels, mommy.
She never returns home.

I think we are an AI piloting the fighter. Would fit the theme.

They can't pull the same trick twice.

I meant to say "On PS3", high off my ass on nyquil right now.

The most that's been shown as far as I know of is Blaze's face being blocked by someone's arm or hand in 5, when it comes to the player character's faces.

Just drink some black pepper instead of chugging pharmaceutical garbage.

The devs already said that we play as a silent, faceless protagonist with the callsign trigger.

Black pepper does nothing for the inflammation and insomnia. At best it's a highly temporary solution.

Just take some Zzzquil then faggot

See

I did.

Denuvo

Denuvo games are getting cracked now, though. In Denuvo's business model, publishers pay them constantly starting at launch. If a game that uses Denuvo gets cracked, the contract ends–the publisher doesn't have to pay Denuvo anymore, but they also aren't allowed to use Denuvo DRM anymore, either.
So it's only a matter of time before AC7 is available on PC without Denuvo. And when it is, you should buy it, because I want this series to continue.

Sauce?

Consider expanding your horizons user.

For real though some good ol' fashioned THC with a side order of CBD would fix that shit right up.

Google it. There was a lot of talk about it after Doom got cracked.

(checked)
Do we have any evidence of Bandai Namco using Denuvo previously?

Everything released past Dragonball Xenoverse 2.

Hm. I'm still planning to buy it near release anyway, after it's been out long enough for any issues to come to light. Not going to pre-order, but if that shit's legit, Denuvo or no, I still want to send Namco the message that PC is a viable market that demands their attention.

Give this a bump. Going through the trailer for another time, you can hear more lyrics of the song at the start.

I want that song. It's pretty good.

It wouldn't surprise me if she was part of the Nagase family, or if she at least had the callsign Edge. Bamco seems to like those names

They already know that PC is viable. The only message you are sending is that bullshit like Steam, Denuvo, and probably a metric shit ton of DLC is all acceptable.

I'm not so sure. The last AC game that released on PC was Assault Horizon and we all know how that turned out. I just hope that the wrong message wasn't received

I don't think she's a pilot. I think that she's a mechanic judging by the earmuffs.

Totally not Pixy is in the front seat, so that's his suit aide or some bullshit.

Tsundere mechanic hype

I want to wife the Razgriz

I was thinking, since we are pretty close to the time of AC3, perhaps the war was started by the founders of the UPEO, using the global damage from the destroyed space elevator to justify their own existence as a peacekeeping organization. Maybe Old Pixy is working for them because he shares their dream of a borderless world and trains the boss squadron you fight.

I want to murder the Razgriz

THE JOURNEY BEGINS

In one of the demo videos you can hear the AWACS talking about UPEO

STARTS FROM WITHIN

Razgriz a cute.

Moar
Also Yellow 4 was black

YO BUDDY, STILL ALIVE?
polite sage

lies

10/10 artist knows his shit

It drags out dogfights because everyone gets like 30 and they always work so it's just a pain in the ass.

THINGS THAT I NEED TO KNOOOOOW

the ace combat 2 link was taken down

I think my boner just passed flight school.

Holla Forums sings The Journey Home WHEN?

reuploading now.

I can compile all the voice tracks if people actually submit shit.

Are we doing this or what?

Now I have to decide if I want to destroy scrubs in the PS4 multiplayer or PC multiplayer.

I'd imagine PS4 will have more experienced players to face off against, unless all the veteran aces are getting it on PC instead.

Oh God, Joint Assault is worse than I thought it would be. The "Enhanced Combat View" makes everything feel so slow and clunky. The music ranges from mediocre to "what the fuck were they thinking?" Lack of Strangereal is the least of this game's problems that's for sure.

Tumblr spies, are you even trying? Don't act like le (u) face isn't a forced meme made to prevent discussion.

That's not even a pun you faggot spic.

Fuck off, rape isn't allowed, lesbian sex is rape, you're anti-male, etc. etc. can we not fucking do this song and dance again you derailing c/u/cks. You're just going to spam your way out of admitting you're wrong.

"no"

You DO realize that this is an intentional choice, right? Make the voluptuous women lesbians so men are less likely to pursue them. Real life women are then more vulnerable to be raped by lesbians into lesbians.
Don't try memeing your way out of this one, you're clearly insecure enough to pursue 3D women if you consider this garbage sexy.

I own the ps2 trilogy and I'm getting it on PC.

Fuck the PS4

I don't think it matters much as far as level of scrubbiness goes. PS4 might have a slight advantage in skill due to Infinity training folks up on PS3 and Sony baiting system purchases from series fans for a year before news it would be multiplatform. Just decide for yourself how you'd prefer to play it.

piracy newfag here
how do I download these files from mega? shitty download limit won't let me
Also, any tips on burning these files to a DVD? I have a fully functional ps2 and a PC that won't run the emulator….

Jdownloader2. Use it. I'm also interested in burning these to DVDs though, would be rad to play AC3 on physical hardware, the way it was always meant to be.

Fuck Mega, get them off emuparadise instead.

That triggered my autism

yeah nah

BUH-BUH-BUT user, MUH LESBIANS!!!! I JACK MY DICK OFF TO THE THOUGHT OF MY MASCULINITY BEING TAKEN FROM ME AND BEING NOTHING MORE THAN AN ANIMAL IN THE EYES OF THOSE RAPISTS, SO IT'S OKAY!!!!!!
goddamn i want to slap the shit out of myself

Why is Denuvo even an issue? I get that it sucks that it exists, but is Ace Combat really the series you want having to deal with sales losses? We're usually trying to prove that we want more to Konami. I can't see how piracy helps anyone except super poorfags who can't afford it either way.

Ace Combat is owned by Bandai Namco, not Konami.
I won't begrudge anyone the decision not to buy a Denuvo game. But once Denuvo is removed (and it will be, eventually), people should buy it. Or just get one of the console versions from the start. Because I do agree that this series should continue.

Except consoles are fucking DRM machines themselves.

You should slap yourself because you're a fucking idiot. All I was saying the art is shit. Nothing to do with masculinity.

New AC2 link: mega.nz/#!ZRdV0agY!j9jZn2vFLzCl9bBCdE70WfbaUVBLmI_0gUVkKyTCeuY

Just buying it normally off Steam, even without Denuvo, is also DRM. I'm talking about people who oppose Denuvo in particular, not DRM as a whole.

STANDING

ON THE EDGE

Do not bully the Nagase.

OF THE CRATER

LIKE THE PROPHETS ONCE SAID

I've never grasped the Ace rankings in Zero, and decided to replay it for the fuck of it, the fuck do I do? Is the last level worth shit?

Thanks user. Shit's good.

If you're talking about Ace Style, it affects the cutscenes and in game dialogue of other pilots. It also changes the enemy Aces you fight against where Mercenary gives the hardest bosses.

Starting with Ace Combat 4, you weren't kidding Holla Forums. this game is amazing.

Well fuck, I didn't know that. I always got stuck with Knight just playing through normally.

Killing yellow targets = moves meter down towards mercenary.

You also get credits for killing yellow targets so it's easier to buy planes. Plus you unlock planes and their skins by having different ace styles.

Welcome to the skies.

How long do you guys think it'll take for someone to figure out how to mod VR capability back into the PC release.

Depends on whether or not the PC release includes the actual files for the PSVR missions.

According to the wiki, Soldier unlocks some of the best planes in the game. Not entirely sure if that is accurate though. I did a Soldier run recently and it was pretty easy, they make it sound hard.

That's true for the "designed for VR" special missions, but I'm sure within a day someone could hack VR for all of the normal missions without issue. If you can do it in fucking Dark Souls, you can do it in an Unreal 4 game.

Steam DRM is a placebo
That shit would be cracked day one if not for Denuvo.

It'll get cracked anyway, Denuvo games are like eggs in an omelet these days.

Oh, I see what you mean. Yeah, a fan-patched VR mode for all missions is probably inevitable.

lel
Alsoback to >>>/cuckchan/

>lel
>>>/e/
:^)

Day 1 considering VR is just freelook controlled via headset. All you'd have to do is map what would be the right analog stick to the head movement of your headset and project the game onto the screen.

It's not uncommon for games to unlock the best weapons/characters/whatever through easy ways. I get what you mean though.
Excuse me?

On that note: Fuck off spammer.

Make up your mind, are you fighting back against yuri or not?

Didn't mean to sage.

I'm not

Well that answers that, traitor.

No, you still have to make render everything twice from different angles.

Also,
Good job just looking at my post count instead of my actual posts, nigger.

Yes and that is completely possible via third party programs. Also what are you fucking talking about? I didn't call you a spammer, you dumb shit.

Sorry, second reply in was meant for this retard:

Why did you even try reply to him?

I've seen him shit up other threads with his weird complex about yuri. Fuck hiim, he should know he's not welcome.

Fuck off

Didn't even notice. Thanks for getting caught up on a bluff, spamfag.

Way to admit you've lost.

Hey complexfag, this is OUR territory. You try to derail threads with your filthy lesbians in the name of your anti-male agenda, and you have the nerve to say you're welcome here? What a joke, this is why you have complexes.

It's just you, famalam. Filtered.

Holy shit I have never seen so much projection in one post.

Wrong.

Jesus christ, projectionfag, keep losing for me. This is entertaining.

Enjoy your ban for being a faggot, kike

It is extremely janky in Dark Souls 1 but possible, much better in Dark Souls 3.

Am I the only one who thinks the old guy isn't Pixy?

Someone also said it could be Mobius One, but I doubt it. I offered the possibility that it is Cipher instead of Pixy. Really it's probably a new character.

I keep joking that he is since he says "what is a nation". But in all likelihood I bet we won't see any returning characters aside from the occasional nod to the previous games

Which AC song embodies these threads?

What are the chances the AC7 OST will be better than 0?

That will be very hard to top, though overall, I liked 5's OST more. Had more tracks that I can put on in the background while browsing the internet. But topping Zero as a song is really hard.

From the trailer, the music is promising. I'm curious how they'll use the motif they have chosen. As for flamenco war music, I'm not sure how such a well done piece can be beaten. Each game has it's theme and it's executed pretty well.

Just remember, you asked for this.

Fuck. I thought that was Agnus Dei

I know we have the OP which links to the OSTs to almost every game, but is it possible to get them as FLACs instead of MP3s?

Yes. Apply yourself.

Upload that shit to mega, buddy

Why did you took the OP of a Saturday Morning cartoon and put it behind an Ace Combat image?

How does one summon the jew to add flags?

I know its not in the sticky, but has anyone had luck in emulating AC6?

GET A LOAD OF THIS MEGALITH

IN THE ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
It's cheesy but i love it

Torrent it from the Russians like everyone else.

piracy =/= lost sales
Denuvo, and any other DRM, does nothing except make the product worse for everyone.

Keiki Kobayashi is confirmed to be back, he had been doing freelance work for different studios. He helped with Sm4sh's soundtrack and Starfox Zero's soundtrack.

I've tried it. Xenia boots and plays the opening fine, but crashes when you reach the title screen.

What if our main character turns out to be the son of Nagase or Blaze or both

Buddy, AC5 takes place in 2010. While I find it hilarious, I highly doubt we will be piloting planes as a 10 year old.

Callsign would be Nugget though

What if the protagonist is the narrator of AC4?

Like this
MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARK

I don't think you're cumming historia enough, buddy.

If you read the thread, you would know.

I was being rhetorical, you sperg.

Congrats on accomplishing nothing then, nugget.

MARK DO NOT ADD FILTHY ERUSEA
ONLY BELKA CAN HAVE FLAG
LONG LIVE BELKA

Wrong.

FUCK OFF ISAF DOG

Could this mean that we could custom-paint our aircraft? Cause I would abuse the hell outta that.

DO NOT GIGGLE AT BELKA
BELKA WILL BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY

do like an atom and split

Is the 3ds ace combat a good starting point? If not, what is?

BELKA CAN SURVIVE MERE ATOM SPLITTING
IT IS OSEAN PIGS WHO CANNOT HANDLE V2 JUSTICE

If you have a good PC or a PS2 then I'd recommend emulating/playing the PS2 Ace Combats first, they're the definitive games in the series. If you have an Xbox 360 then get Ace Combat 6, it's not as good as the PS2 trilogy but it's still really good. If you only have a 3DS then sure, AHL is a good place to start. It's a (vastly superior) remake of Ace Combat 2.

F-117A
I've recently started playing some older games like afterburner, G-LOC, the strike series, sims like F-117A games and F-15/F-22 games. And some other general flying games, and i'm having a ton of fun.

He's dancing with the angels now.
archive.is/l898r

Original founder of Namco, which then became Bandai Namco died recently.

OSEA IS A DIRTY, WORTHLESS COUNTRY
and your planes all suck

fuck Osea

>Pick up AC:AHL+ again after 9 months of not playing, It's the only AC I've played

Can't wait for AC7.

Go play the holy trilogy
right
NOW

Later

NOW

If you want a favourable wind, better get your plane up now. It can very easily turn against you.

Having only played Ace Combat 4 and gotten to stonehenge I thought the game was fun as fuck but because it wasn't mine I couldnt keep playing it.

Is there some specific game i should start on if i want to get back into this series? I have access to a ps2 and 3 atm if that helps.

Ace Combat 4 is always my recommended starting point, so I would say finish it and then play 5 and Zero. If you don't want to replay 4 at all then just start playing 5.

AC4 is where you should start, then play 5, 0, and 6 (if you have an Xbox 360).

Except, y'know, I was never banned.
I see you're thinking you're in control, m'(((ally.))) Wrong. I'm in control.

Thanks for the video. I admit I had my hopes way too high and expected, I dunno, motion controls, but this still looks fun as fuck. Plus, given that the mods removed an on-topic post of mine, we can now say that mods are c/u/cked.

You don't eat the entree before the appetizer, you fucks. Air Combat, AC2, AC3 Electrosphere with the translation patch, AC4, AC5, AC0, then AC6.
Also play Assault Horizon Legacy Plus if you have a 3DS, from freeShop of course, don't give Bamco a cent unless they change, hell you should even be careful about buying AC7 if they don't shape up, the two PSP games, haven't actually played them yet to be honest, and I remember one of them apparently sucks so be wary, and if you can resist paying, give Ace Combat Infinity a try. It's free, after all. Also grab a Wii and Sky Crawlers: Innocent Aces.

Except, y'know, I was never banned.
I see you're thinking you're in control, m'(((ally.))) Wrong. I'm in control.

Thanks for the video. I admit I had my hopes way too high and expected, I dunno, motion controls, but this still looks fun as fuck. Plus, given that the mods removed an on-topic post of mine, we can now say that mods are c/u/cked.

You don't eat the entree before the appetizer, you fucks. Air Combat, AC2, AC3 Electrosphere with the translation patch, AC4, AC5, AC0, then AC6.
Also play Assault Horizon Legacy Plus if you have a 3DS, from freeShop of course, don't give Bamco a cent unless they change, hell you should even be careful about buying AC7 if they don't shape up, the two PSP games, haven't actually played them yet to be honest, and I remember one of them apparently sucks so be wary, and if you can resist paying, give Ace Combat Infinity a try. It's free, after all. Also grab a Wii and Sky Crawlers: Innocent Aces.

Whoops.

My recommendation was release order, you doubleposting faggot. 0 came out after 5.

New interview
Discussing the development of the cloud system in Ace Combat 7.

please use archive.ism/videos/2017/01/30/the-importance-of-ace-combat-7s-cloud-based-conflict

Transcript

Kosuke Itomi (Visual Art Director)

Kazutoki Kono (Producer)

Masato Kanno (Art Director)

Kono

Shinya Hirota (Game Designer)

Thanks, user.

Here's the actual video of the interview.

Almost cuck-chan tier, way to ruin an Ace Combat thread, faggots.

Well, I guess I'm not getting on PC until UE4 supports FreeSync. That's fine, I wanted to use my PSVR anyhow.

What's the problem?

This. How dare people enjoy video games on Holla Forums.

Is it wrong for me to like X over 2/AHL?
Dunno why, but it feels like a better game to me. X2 wasn't as good though

LOL

Is this bait?

Thats pretty good

I want to work at that company, that boss is crazy but fun to watch.

No all we get is a shitty skin more or less in infinity

Just played Zero and 4 for the first time. I had always assumed Ace Combat just wasn't for me. I had only played 3 and the Sky Crawlers game and neither of them were very fun. Zero was really fun but 4 seemed like a few steps down. How is 5 compared to 4? If it's not on par with Zero I should probably wait a while so I'm not burnt out of Ace Combat games.

was it the JP or international version. The two are completely different games.
5 Has a cheesy story, brain dead AI, and is less replayable then 0. But most people still love it.

AC5 plenty of people's favourite. The first time you play it, you will jizz through your roof. The next couple of times not so much

I played the US version and I think I played a couple of levels of the JP version but I felt like the gameplay was the same. I don't think there was a patch at the time.

I'm starting to think you're retarded. Where's the proof on the last one? Haven't had any screen tearing in any game that I've played on the PS4, and certainly none in VR.

5 is closer to 0, both in engine and story. I'm surprised you feel 4 is a few steps down. My biggest complaint was the missions where you have to reach a certain score threshold, but that's it.

The score threshold thing made it feel very repetitive, like every mission had the same goal even if had you shooting at different things. But my biggest complaint is that the ranges were shorter. Targets only show up when you're really close, missile range is even shorter than in Zero, and gun range is so short I rarely ever got to kill anything with it.

I really don't get the love for this plane. Sure, it has a big gun, so what? This isn't /k/. This damn plane is like the CoD of aircraft and, as an engineer myself, I'm kinda sick of hearing about it.

I always hear the same shit from people. "It's got a big gun" or "it's armored". But its gun isn't particularly accurate nor especially effective against armored targets even compared to a M61 Vulcan (a Vulcan with explosive rounds can do exactly the same if not greater damage). It's armor isn't at all impressive either. Sure, it's effective against machine gun fire, but it's worthless against SAMs and just protects the pilot. While the unarmored wings do have redundant hydraulic control systems, they could have just used a redundant fly-by-wire system and easily cut down on complexity and weight while making it far more resilient to AA guns. The A-10 is pathetically vulnerable to pretty much any anti-air system, and unlike the F-15, F-16, or F-35, it can't survive getting a wing shot off.

Overall it's alright at CAS in undisputed airspace, but the second it encounters resistance it falls apart. Hopefully the winner of the T-X program can offer a replacement that isn't ugly as sin.

While i love the A-10C, i agree with this. It's only good against areas with no SAMs. At least in DCS

That's awesome but it's missing:
AC2, X, Xi, AH Legacy, Joint Assault, Advance, Northern Wings, and AH Trigger Finger. Maybe Air Combat 22 and Sky Crawlers for good measure.

I feel like AC1, 2, and 22 can be lumped into the first one.

2 actually had a bit more of a story going on, and three different endings.

I haven't played Legacy but yeah I think X is better than 2 due to just overall being more refined.

According to a friend that actually spent time in the sandbox, one of the greatest advantages of the A-10 wasn't the GAU-8's damage potential, but the sound it makes. If you ever doubted the effect of demoralization mechanics in games, all you'd ever need to see is an entire swarm of sandkips suddenly remember they left the coffee pot on and have to go home right away.

Does anyone have a torrent for the Soundtrack compilation?

OP left a link to the soundtracks. Albeit not a torrent.

Wasn't the A-10 designed by a furry?

One of the people who worked on its development was, yeah. A furry artist, actually.

just finished Ace Combat 4

Bravo Namco

Yeah he died tho.

Everyone dies.

New thread

8ch.net/v/res/11842113.html

Thanks.