SS13

Spess Station 13: ITS LOOSE Edition

Join byond://109.150.237.181:7272

Serbs not gonna be up long today but should get back to normal schedule starting tomorrow.

Running /vg/ code, contemplating doing
for a couple of rounds.

Come join fags.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/pZ2amVPi
pastebin.com/vJsJjMev
pastebin.com/yVki2yWF
pastebin.com/MB1ap2h6
niceme.me
github.com/N3X15/SS13-media
github.com/d3athrow/ss13-media-converter
xeno.sexy/
github.com/Benblu/vgstation13
docs.google.com/presentation/d/10GLZTUpU6XGBZInIqxWCSR5q9lYXIk-524yuIGdSYbQ/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hostfag here to say sorry about not hosting any earlier days, but i'm trying to sort out a hosting schedule for things like The Murderboner Games and normal hosting.

Do you expect me to unban you just because you posted that?

rofl good fucking start to the thread and a 10/10 way to make sure I never fucking join that server.

I want goons to fucking leave already

reminder that an user would have made a screencap

God you're autistic

well since noone showed up but the goons the serbs down until tomorrow

Rest in Pisces

Fuck off goon, you're making me sage my own thread.

Please rehost man, I want to play.

What the fuck was that post? (>>11774836) it was deleted.

this is how we defuse this shitty situation

Keep in mind when reading this that just recently Hippie imploded in its own asshole due to goon infestation.

A guy came onto the serb, started a discussion with the host how he needed to "branch out to other communities", and trying to suck up wo him in the most goony way possible. Host banned his ass because he just wouldnt shut up after which the goon dumped the entire log in here in plain text.

Host is away on unrelated business, we havent figured out a way to permanently host the serb yet or even if its viable to do so, sorry famalam.

has other servers had the same happen?

Jesus christ, they're like fucking roaches

Hippie is filled with goons and edgy kids who say "nigger", /tg/ is filled with redditors that browse /r/4chan daily, Paradise is filled with furries and 3 admins that are in denial there's furries everywhere, and Colonial/Fallout is filled with people that just want to murderbone.

Goon's alright, but the code is pretty different to /tg/-style, and puts me off.
Bay is for high functioning autists, only.

not what I've asked at all but >saying nigger is edgy

HELLO DOBSON

Have you looked around recentely m8?
The only serb I know of that goon free is /vg/ itself, and that one has its own share of problems.

The only reason we have like 10 more people than 0 when the serbs up is because everything else is so shit some would rather lowpop than the alternative.

Fuck it, i'm back and ready to host once more.

You heard the man.

I never said saying niggers was bad, but I worded that poorly. I meant it's filled with edgy kids who think they're rebelling by saying it, so they overuse it to the point that niggers nigged their nigging toolboxes to nig a nigger in the nigging hallways.

Haven't played /vg/ in years, this better be fun.

I'll sprite up inflation, just watch me now

no that's why I've asked

SPESS MESNS

Would join myself, but the time is inconvenient right now

niggers

Code it already :^)

I understand you buddy, I know what you mean

The fuck is that?

code what?

the fuck is this?

do you have stable hosting yet? what resources do you need? is the old staff still part of this?

"sort of"

coders and mappers

don't think so

Host your server and I'll code for you man

code for this server

And with regard to moderation, consider the following.
What happens to the viro? Could he get banned?

Also I notice the round mode is visible pls fix

Also how serious is this medium rp rule crap? In particular playing as if nobody knows about cult crap and shit (presumably except heads or something?), and are people reasonably expected to play along with someone else's attempt at complying to the rules? E.g. if someone were petitioning to get someone else released and somehow got the captain's stamp on the form, would security be reasonably expected to comply?
And with regard to rule 4, how far-reaching is this? for example, is it good enough that the chemist in that example be reasonably convinced, at least in-game, that his friend is innocent, or should he just do literally nothing?

a virus isn't very effective to fight a wizard with

also shouldn't the map be restricted to metastation (i.e. a slightly changed version of the map we usually played) since it fit better the size of the playerbase?

Can you be a furry in this game?

no I don't want to be a furry, I'm a degenerate enough thanks

Oh I'm sorry, let me rephrase that.
Can I be a furry in this game or a xeno?

Same thing that happens to an engie thats makes the singuloose. We're not autistic so propably nothing would happen from our side.
The only person to ever be banned on the serb so far is the goon.

Mostly ignored right now on lowpop. We might start enforcing it after hitting a pop milestone.

Yes, unless extreme shittery or is involved.

if one of the involved is an antag, go nuts
if both are non-antags, I would consider this an act of shittery by default and as such punishable by ways of bus

Its a creative one for all intents and purposes.

You can be a Vox from the start. If you wanna be specifically a furry just ahelp and we'll oblige ;^)

I'm unsure if you can be a furry in a xeno

People not knowing about Cult is more a matter of immersion than RP, to be honest.
It's fairly possible for you to justify IC that you know what those runes and constructs are, either by knowing them from previous encounters, being a former member, being debriefed on it, read up a flyer about them, you study occultism, etc.

Really, it's more up to what you think is more interesting for your character. If you want to play as the savvy detective that encountered the cult of Nar Sie once and you know what to look for, the scarred bartender that failed to convert the previous station he was one, got lucid and swore never again to join them or just a plain doctor that has no fucking idea what's going on.

That pretty much means it's a direct order from the Captain, so yeah it would be expected that said person would be released.
Sadly, not many people use forms or worry about stamps, if they even know where to get them.

Which is a shame because forms and stamps are great. Once, a clown went on a "quest" to get permission from all heads to get All Acess or something equally stupid. The HoP agreed to do it if he could get a form with all Head stamps on it.

:V any other funny animal or alien race?

Sounds lewd as hell.

just about

Fuck all of you.

If you actually want to play SS13 in an Holla Forums server, there's always:
byond://jinteki.industries:5513
There's no admins or retarded playerbase.

In my mind, viro shouldn't be banned. Especially if he cures those two. Over all, though, that sounds like an IC issue.
If he did it every round, then maybe.

Security would be obligated to check up on it, but not necessarily take it at face value. No captain onboard, and someone tries that shit? No reason to believe it.

Overall, though, medium rp is loose on things like that. Or at least it seems to be. Again, sounds like more of an ic issue

How about Skeletons and Ayyliens?

I'd like us to keep out the meme races, please. Aliums should be proper, and functionally different from humans. Skeletons are moronic jokes that are just humans who need no spacesuit. Is a fair bit gay.

For what it's worth /vg/'s Xenobotany is to die for

Ok I'm reading the wiki and I'm having a laugh, but I have questions.

-Is this game free to play?
-Why would the lizardman have to expect to be killed quickly?
-Is he also considered expendable like a Tajaran?
-What does the janitor do that helps the lizardman not be killed as quickly?
-Can you start the game as a Vox or a Skrell?
-Can you be a different type of Ayy that's not the Grey?

Yes
Because fucking liggers
Yes
Being fucking inferior
Yes, then No
Er, No?

liggers aren't considered human and therefore don't matter

I do forms! I love forms. I make all my staff members fill out copious amounts of forms. Sadly, rarely does it ever come up, and every time I prepare a good folder full, I use a grand total of one, that wasn't even that good.

The real trick is learning the BBcode for it, anyway. Still, sad how little it ever matters

In other news what exactly is going down with hippie? two of the head admins left, and now something about goons? its not suprising if goons were lined up on the ass kiss line to try and get admiralhippie to promote them to something higher than trialadmin so the playerbase would actually have to listen to their shit.

So I just download this BYOND thing and done?

you download byond, click the gear icon, open location, and shove the IP into the bar there. thats assuming the hostfag has the serbian online.

You can browse SS13 servers by clicking the game name on the left or you can directly connect to a server provided you have the IP by pressing CTRL + O in BYOND.

How is that fag not banned already?

did the server go down?

register an account and then learn how to spess mens

Jesus, there's so much shit to keep in mind. Is it simpler than it looks?

absolutely

Its back up for some time now

Yeah, you'll get the hang of things quickly. Expect to die before the shift ends and you won't get frustrated

It is. You hardly ever have to know everything at the same time, unless you want to.
And once you play for a while, you'll figure out that it's not even that much, that a lot of the details are almost superfluous and unnecessary and what's not RNG is deterministic as fuck.

How to join server?

Serber down till tomorrow.

How to favorite server?

Fuck. What a terrible weekend.

you have to go back

Reminder that there's still a server up for anyone that wants SS13 but doesn't want to deal with the other servers.

Really is. Just open it up, keep the wiki in a tab, and remember tab unlocks hot keys.

A fuck! I accidentally the server and it's downloading some shit! I'm still half way through the wiki!

Eat shit, s'wit.

It always downloads resources everytime you connect to a new server, don't worry.
If there's anyone online, you can announce you are new by typing OOC and then whatever you want to say.
This is an Out Of Character chat heard by everyone, try not to talk about what's going around your character with this. Most people will be happy to help you learn about the game.

that's the ftl13 serb, it has no content but it'd be a decent place to learn on your own since no one plays on it due to a lack of content and other reasons with the host

No.

And that matters how, when he isn't even online?

There's only one person in here, but I'm going to join anyway to see if I can walk around.

yo darts here, fucking git is still fucking with serbs here? and you let him? why don't you make him fuck off?

after the shebangle of oldie hatestation i thought it was, but i guess not

seriously it blows my mind.

You know user. I got in there expecting to assist janitor the place, I even made a latino character with a funny name and when I got there I stepped on two roaches and then lights turned off and now there's no gravity.
Is this some sort of bad Star Trek joke?

that round has probably been going on with no one playing for a very long time and power wasn't set up so you're dead in the water there

Oh boy. Is there literally nothing I can do? Can't punch an air vent to try and fix the problem? I'm stuck inside a room with no power.

I was going to help you, but apparently I'm no longer an admin. Most likely due to inactivity. Oh well.

There's another admin online, though. Press F1 and type something to get his attention.

you can throw an object you have on you and that'll push you in a direction behind you

Throwing things moves you in zero G, and crowbars open doors.
Your PDA had a flashlight too

Admin restarted round, come join for general funny shit. I'm still leaning how to interact with things.

no, there's nothing to do on that server

I'm just learning how to interact with shit.

alright then

Alright, enough of this autism.
No more of this [name] is cancer and [name] should be banned or "I'm totally [name], listen to me".
You autists had a good run but it's time we finish this.

For the server host, whenever you decide to host again (and only if you're actually running the /vg/ codebase!) replace the 4 following files content with these pastebins:
who.dm : pastebin.com/pZ2amVPi
ooc.dm : pastebin.com/vJsJjMev
client procs.dm : pastebin.com/yVki2yWF
client defines.dm : pastebin.com/MB1ap2h6

Everyone gets a random number from 1 to 1000 and is named "Anonymous #number". Whenever a player uses Who, Adminwho and the entire OOC channel for them will show those names instead of their Ckey.
Admins see those names in OOC too (because I couldn't be bothered to change it and so they get the same experience) but their Adminwho actually shows the admins online.
Ckeys aren't changed though, people can still be banned as usual and all, you can even see individual Ckeys and even what their anonymous_key is by var_editing people.

I also prepared a version of the code for TGcode, if there's any need. If you have a Git repository or something similar, I may even make a pull request or something.

The point of this is to remove names from OOC so we have an actual anonymous community like on Holla Forums and quite frankly, this should have been the first fucking thing to be coded into the game.
At least with this crappy code, people can bitch and moan about what happens in the rounds and the characters instead of attaching names to every fucking thing like it's a valid argument.
It can be argued that this allows for shitty players\admins to join the same server without you even knowing it. But then again, anyone can just make a new Ckey as a few shitters have shown they'll do.

Hopefully this cuts down on the drama potential and the unfunny faggots that do nothing but spew drama move on to other servers.

I'm not reading those, but I assume they work. Good work.

Problem is namefagging by not having forced random names.

Thanks, user, you are a good person.
Now make something to prevent people from using a character name more than a few times in a row.

That's an IC issue to be solved IC. Or by an admin if it warrants it so.
Players always have the option to run random names if they don't care about them or don't want to be recognized every round or whatever.
Everyone wanting to have their own name carry over, that's their choice just like it's their choice to be faggots as well and be punished for that.

That's retarded and too hard. It would require messing with the database to carry over something from the previous rounds, which while technically possible, it would never be satisfactory. How many times is it too many? 5? 3? What if someone just doesn't care and forgot to change it? What if they keep switching between character slots?
What if they use the same character consistently with the same body\hairstyle\job to the point they are easily recognizable by anyone else but their name keeps changing?
Even if you could force a different name, the player would still act and roleplay exactly the same way and not give a fuck about the name, it wouldn't change anything.

I might work on something that makes Static Names a priviledge admins can revoke from you so unbearable faggots lose that.
But for now, it's 3AM and I'm no longer a NEET, what the fuck am I doing online?

Does this mean we can finally tell the fucking intl/freech goons to stop pulling every ckey name they find to shitpost in the thread endlessly?
Halleluya motherfucker.

Three.

Randomized the name.
If they use the two character slots method, consider doing a "daily limit", instead, based on time rather than rounds.

I mentioned this before, but for the vast majority of the time, such features are hidden anyway.

Then who cares? As long as they aren't namefagging I don't feel like it matters

This is metagrudging, retard.

Nope. This is one of the few times where I think it's up to the playerbase to self-moderate the faggots out.
Be responsible with your static name or forfeit it on your own, you're a big guy.

Metagrudging is a problem with whoever helds the grudge, not whoever kept the name. And it's against the rules so handled OOC, not IC. Afterall, it's whole justification is OOC as well.
If you're implying other players shouldn't get static names because it will trigger someone else, that's stupid.

Are you thick, or something?

You're telling people to deal with namefags by metagrudging.

Why would any player metagrudge a namefag outside of the namefag intentionally doing something to infuriate said player in the first place?
Sure it's not a bannable offense to be retarded, incompetent or outright harmful to others when doing things. But if someone intentionally goes out of his way to ruin someone else's round, what's to say the other person can't do the same? Because the guy has a special snowflake name and thus it's metagrudging that the grudge holder is using that information?

No one metagrudges out of getting killed by a tator tot namefag or on accident by said fag, other than those salty fucks who should be banned in the first place. Nobody would dare help a namefag that's getting metagrudged if he ruined the round for everyone else previously and is attempting to do so yet again. Consider the whole Honkette faggotry and how it was dealt with back in Nel's.
Context is what matters in this situation, not the situation in itself but what caused it and the means on its upbringing. That is what should be considered, not the act in itself. You shouldn't punish people for attempting to rout out faggotry, specially on IC-only issues.

That said, i'm the type of guy who just goes random name/character every single round, so i may have a bias. Still, the server's for anons by anons, with user code. There's no reason to have a server without random names, outside of gimmicks that is, we have the Clown, Mime and the Admins for everything else that needs to be a punchbag joke.

That's a really good patch. But don't use pastebins, use patch or git diff.

I partly agree, as most meta grudges are minor"you were a dick to me last round so no crates for you" type things that shouldn't be bothered with anyway.
But for more extreme instances, it can get a bit blurry.

In any case, such matters would have to get prior approval from the administration before one could claim that namefag retaliation is a IC issue.

Im sure theres no coordinated effort to stirr up drama or anything

Some of them are likely the same user on different devices or areas, some have just gone to bed, some were never able to play in the first place for whatever reasons. There is definitely one or two shitposters, though.

You know people cycle through a sever right? UID's mean very little under the context. Also hi, I'm a new ID and I browse these threads regularly. I don't even play that much SS13 I'm not robust enough yet to play full time because of work, I just enjoy the community, drama and the occasional round where I fuck off as a Janitor or Clown and usually get killed in the first 10 minutes

I have no concrete proofs about his claim but i do believe there's a concentrated effort by a dedicated group into attempting to infiltrate, take over and/or destroy any and all server assemblies on 8ch for SS13.
Sadly, one of their most successful tactics has been just shitposting the thread into oblivion with accussations and namefag calling, they don't even join the server because they keep getting fed information by retards. This in turn causes the servers to not recieve new players and thus they die when the regulars get their fix.

I do believe there was also a group that attempted to do this on /tg/. and i believe they succeeded, henceforth the split to 4d20 which they still haven't recovered from yet

Then again it could just be shitposters shitposting about shitposters, who knows.

A lot of it was people who hated gutgud and crew back in the day, for very good reasons. After that, any non-gitgid server was shat on by gitgud and crew.
Can't say for now, but if you were here throughout that time, you'd seen the source, especially with JustL, and that sent forget the name spun off of hate, gitgud spent it's entire existence shitting on it and saying how it was run by people from some kind of global ban list that some other servers apparently used. Might've been alt, or some such. Been a while. Good times. Sad we missed the tell tale signs, though.

There was indeed fight between alternative servers (alt station, firestation, etc) and who attempted to create an "established" server. However, i'm talking about a third unrelated (or perhaps, affiliated) group that tries to make the whole deal as a 2-sided thing, while playing both sides. Remember how the 1 Year madman never actually played the game yet kept shitting on BOTH servers at the same time? While advocating people to play CM, /vg/, nuTG or Hippie, basically anything that wasn't one of our servers? That is the kind of group i'm talking about, the provocateours, the ones that attempt to make it be a war between ourselves.

There's no doubt gitgud and just L hated eachother and by god just L was hated by everyone including Mark himself after he got bodied by him on l4d for attempting to wrestle control of the userbase on where to play after L got banned for unsubstained claims of metagaming.
What caused both Hatestation and Alt to die though? The shitposting. Nobody would have fueled both sides were it not for a dedicated group of shitters 24/7 on the thread, where it even got to a point both sides told everyone to ignore the thread and use OOC instead because the shitposting din't even reflect on the playerbase's growth on either server.

Alt died to an idiotic merger with a dying server.
As for hate, that was more a mix of massive ineptitude, gitgud's awful PR, general administration decisions, rather corrupt seeming behavior, general incompetence, and well-earned drama.
There may well have been a few odd parties from outer sources, but I hold heavy doubts they are at all to blame how things ended up.

Unless you want to go full conspiracy gitgud is a goon sent to prevent us from having a server while also keeping us off theirs.
Real talk, I could believe it.
Don't think it is the case, but wouldn't surprise me, s it were

Alt decided to merge and instantly died after everyone got fed up with gitgud and his shit.
Firestation was flung into a hostile takeover by gitgud and quickly died after gitgud changed codebases and everyone left, again.
What caused both to lose all the players we had though? We used to have 30-40+ on peak hours every day back at pizza, and that was WITH the drama on the thread constantly about cartwright who now happens to be nuTG's boogieman and danielhen, that although wasn't on the same level as Hatestation shitposting, it was still substancially difficult to communicate any ideas.
I say they never left, they decided just not to play after seeing the shit that was happening, until now that we have a semi-regular host that isn't affiliated with any groups. The shitposting about inconsequential shit only picks up once the server is actually active despite no one being banned, which is strange isn't it?

And about the conspiracy theories, i'd rather imply that BOTH git and L are goons and they played a rivalry that was never there, since they were so eager to merge and leave after everything seemingly died down.

I'd say there was at least afew oher groups playing which have stopped playing now

sierras group, skypuppys group, afew other groups

None of that shit matters now, servers come, servers go. Only the players stay if they want to keep playing. Talking about it just let's whatever fags ruined it before to keep having their 15 minutes of fame.
Just play the game and enjoy it as much as you can, you never know when you're going to lose it.

Besides, if the host implements that patch, you can forget about the dramafags. They can try as much as they want to stir shit but without names to cling to, there's nothing to fuel that particular brand of autism.
Host, please test the patch before you implement it, though. I tested it myself but better safe than sorry

Also, I use a different PC at work, which gives me a different UID. And I'm often too busy with work or other games to join as much as I'd like to. Sorry mate, if only the server was up at good times for Europe.

I never really followed this whole debacle very closely back when it was fresh, but looking at it now, it seems like a prime example of how namefagging/pseudonimity ruins things. You get these little persisting drama wars between personalities, and threads get shit up with it. It's all a good argument for anonymity, and for server owners to keep their personae as distanced from the threads as possible: identity on imageboards only leads to shittery.

someone remembers me.

thanks bud, I didn't know my dick has been implanted in ss13 history this much

See what I mean? This is what you get when you mention names in the thread. Some attention whore gets out of the woodworks to brag about recognition and you incentivize them to keep at it. Stop talking about names in an anonymous community, you'd think this was a very basic concept.

Well, you're never gonna get full 100% anonimity. Admins still get to see player's Ckeys since there's banning to do and etc, not to mention any github repository gets names attached to whatever pull people make. Unless you make a brand new account or the maintainer only accepts pull requests from accoutns named Anonymous, someone autistic enough is always gonna bitch about the names of the coders (if we had any :^)

you also forgot to mention that
I was behind it all buster, turning the community against GitFucked and making him paranoid about multiple shitters when it was just [1] and then funneling his server numbers into a different Holla Forums server entirely when his was down

am talking out of my ass, Mr. K is gonna come here in a second and write paragraphs about me now

Cartwright is okay though, I think hes a 10/10 tranny now, would fuck that thai ladyboy pussi

Yeah, once you involve architectures based around pseudonyms like byond, and start organizing coders and artists, you can't keep anonymity. But there nust be some way of doing things that stops what happened to 8station, as a thing this board does. Servers will come and go, but surely namefag shittery in the threads themselves can be kept to a minimum.
Just play the game and filter autists, I guess.

Maybe that's why we lost the entire playerbase :^)

But in all seriousness, I do expect drama and autism to be severely reduced with no names.
If the host kept a strict codebase and a 24/7 server, I might even consider be a coder as well.

Fair point; Filter faggots then, not autists.

Why do goons want to see the destruction of everything nice?

Because they are failures at life that can't stand sucess in any shape or form.
So they act as edgy, sarcastic and obnoxious as they can to hide how depressing they are from themselves and everyone else.
It's not that they are entirely dumb, some are actually quite skilled even. But they lack the willpower to actually do something for themselves.

Their entire schtik is basically to look down on people to look better in comparisson, they never really worry about elevating themselves. It's incredibly easier to just mock or ruin stuff for shits and giggles and proclaim yourself superior afterwards.
When you think about it, it makes perfect sense that they'd be co-opted by feminism and similar crap, they have the basic mentality to work with them.

Basically, imagine if you picked your average channer (and there's a reason I'm using that word) but completely stripped every ounce of self-awareness, where he actually believes himself superior for his NEET life and how everyone is so fucking shit or how he thinks being the most obnoxious and autisitc piece of shit is perfectly okay because "he did it for the lulz", except completely non-ironic.

WHAT THE FUCK KIND OF ABOMINATION AM I!?!?

Sounds more like Holla Forums.

You're a Memer, kiddo! :D

Only natural considering a lot of them left SA. The place is falling to the ground with their moderation and the "recent" co-opts.
You know the "pretending to be retarded" thing? Turns out it's valid about being politically correct too.
Which is hilarious because they were PC before because they believed racist jokes to not be intelectual enough for them.

Got it in reverse. They overcompensate for their own shortcomings by mocking whatever they can on everything else. They are the kind of people that goes "Yeah, I don't have a job and live with my parents at the age of 32 but at least I don't watch Naruto, look at those stupid weebs."
They are that faggot that buys a big car to make up for his small dick but the car isn't even that big to being with.

I get mad when people send reaction images with anime girls
I want them to be real so bad
it hurts
it fucking hurts

Superiority complex is typically the result of an inferiority complex.

I just want the pain to go away

That's one point for channer, I love racist jokes!
Excluding the 32 y/o and job thing, this is pretty on point.
Ehhhh, gray area. Cars are a waste of money, just get a pretty looking one even if it's compact. It's more of a gray area here.

I do feel like I'm a very weird mix between a goon and a channer. It's awful, but it makes me a bit happy, in a strange way, not a lot of people feel this way. It's a gift and a curse. I think that made me sound like a goon, oh god

user you're just retarded you know.

Yeah, being a mix of two types of autists isn't really winning me any prices…

If anything, I may very well be worse than either option.

If you really care about this shit, there's only one thing you truly have to worry about.
Are you self aware about how pathetic you are and would rather laugh at yourself than at someone else?
If yes, you're not a goon, Congratulations.

Now just accept you are what you are and keep trying to improve yourself, not because you crave improvement but because might as well try since nothing else will help you.

fag here
I have like 3, my phone on work wifi, my phone on service, and my home comp.

I know my situation, and I tell myself it isn't the worst, because it isn't, but I've missed out on so much due to social anxieties, self hatred and sheer stupidity. Then I laugh at myself because I'm going to die and there is no way but up, yet I sit on my fatass waiting for something to magically make me feel better and improve my life.

I would have ran a small business by now, I know I easily have the potential with an IQ beyond 110 and a brilliant mind, but that doesn't mean shit if I fall right into your example of being skilled but lacking motivation.

I've already accepted myself, I can always improve, but I don't, and that makes me angry, I'm still young too. So I need to get in gear, it isn't too late yet. I constantly suffer from cognitive dissonance
I can't keep one type of belief down and everything constantly clashes, almost making me spiral with insanity
Holla Forums and left-wing sites were a mistake

I'm gonna blogpost a bit, you know what pisses me off more than anything? When I see younger boys will old men, and they get loads of benefits.

My blood fucking boils at that.
I'm going to sound like a tumblrite right now, but it must be nice being young and privileged, having a safety net always there for you, to have someone take care of you like a parent while also servicing you. It make me want to scream so hard I begin to expel molten lava, have my eyes burst, my muscles ripple and I turn into the very Demogorgon himself.

Alright now that's not spessmen-y at all. Take it to the 4am thread or >>>/improve/ or any other board dedicated to this kind of thing.
Believe it or not, a lot of other posters here are on the same boat, feel the same things and think the same thoughts. But we come to this thread for SS13 autism and greentext stories about how the Clown fucked everything up again to distract us from the very depressing things that go in our heads.
Don't ruin the ambient for everyone else, just enjoy SS13 and if you have to mop about your life, do it IC with an hard drink and the bartender listening to you.

I'm only 19 user
There's also no fucking way I'm going to the absolute shitfest that is 4 AM. I don't typically blogpost or anything, so I'll stop now. I will browse the board you linked though, thank you!
My mom was probably too soft on me
She looks a lot like lauren faust
except we're spaniards

Last question, what's spessmeny?

Get a load of this faggot! Do you have any idea how hard things are gonna get in the future? Try being 27. Or 30. Don't worry, you're gonna be one day! AHAHAH :(

It's when really dumb and ridiculous shit happens where everyone is astounded at how the stars aligned and the events happened as they did.
It's when spessmen aboard a spess station do something truly hilarious. Like a team of syndicate operatives losing the nuclear explosive they were sent to set off on the station and then spend the rest of the shift talking and crying in the bar instead.
It's when you have a very comfy round and fun with everyone else.
It's SS13 with friends.

just L was never as goon, mark just tried to call him one because he.
He ended up getting so rump rustled about justL that he tried to take down the Holla Forums mumble (drybones, the owner, said no fuck you) and reform his cult of autism in a discord.

Not that its really alarming to anyone here that mark can be this autistic.

You know what I mean, gaylord

These threads wont get any better will they

Too early for burgers. Gotta wait about… 8-10 hours for them to come out of the woodwork.

Those players got fed up of being shat on every single day, I'd say. They got tired of gitgud and crew adding in bullshit glitchy code that ruins games, special treatment of insane shitters, and the general disdain gitgud had for his playerbase.

I think that they, like myself, took a break. After the events of gitgud and crew, I didn't touch SS13 for about 4 or 5 months. Wasn't worth bothering with, for me. I was sick of the crap thrown everywhere.

Server when?

Christ on a pike.
The guy fucked up, no arguing there.
But there have been two more diferent stations after him. Both had the same end as hate. And one reached 40 players too.
I get the hate boner people have over the guy.
But everytime you keep blaming him you overlook ALL the other problems we have and let another station die. The guy is pretty much gone or took up a new ckey, and new stations still struggle to keep a population.
Gitgud or no gitgud, there's a bunch of other shit that needs fixing and a playerbase that needs unfucking before we go back to Nel's-tier of confyness again.

I don't remember the 40 players one. What was that?

The one immediately after hate.
I told Bigslice that most of the 40 players were there just to spite gitgud and once the hateboner wore off, they'd fuck off entirely.
Couple days later Gitgud drops off the grid (a very smart move) and the player base goes back to 15. Once those 15 stopped playing, it died. Why? Because the thread was filled with "Fuck Gitgud, thank god Gitgud's out, MAN NOW THAT GITGUD'S OUT WE RULE THE PLACe, guys imagine how good this place will be without gitgud!"
Now imagine you're a new player, stumble on a thread where 70% of the posts are "fuck that guy". And everytime Gitgud or some of his pals tried to argue back (they had some legitimate arguments, some bullshit one's) you'd get 8 to 9 posts of FUCK YOU redtexted for everyone to see that the thread was no longer about SS13 but Gitgud hate-club.

Fuck, "Hatestation" was a rather fitting name now that I think about it.

I'm posting this in the hopes that folks stop with that shit and focus on the NOW. We got a new station starting up. It needs help and it needs a comunity.
I won't defend Gitgud, he's more than able to do that himself (even if the guy spergs a bit).
I'm defending wathever station comes next.
Else I gotta go play on hippie again and FUCK ME man I don't want that.

serbs up

I don't remember it. Then again, I left for a good while, due to the shittery. Might've just missed it.
I do remember a server what I thought came sometime after that had absolutely no content, though. Wonder if that might've been it. Wasn't 40 players, was around 15 or so. It was running some nu-/tg/ code that had jack shit for most anything, most all the systems we were accustomed to were broken, and the map choice was absolute trash. Was why I left it, anyway.
I want to say that was probably what happened there, but I'm not sure if it was the same server.

I feel you on that lot. Though, I still think that it wasn't the major point of issue. Especially when the threads were always full of shittery from the getgo, as I mentioned earlier.

That's the one that came after Bigslice's.
Yeah, 15 players sounds about right. Too much focus on keeping the regulars, not so much on making good threads to atract more players.
Think about it: Holla Forums has 2000 posters & lurkers temped to say more, but I'll go with a low estimate.
Let's assume only 1000 would be interested in playing. Let's also assume only 750 stick around.
If I had to guess, we only had 200 unique players so far. And they leave once the namecalling/memeshittery start.
For a server to have X players constantly, it needs a playerbase of 5 times X. Sometimes people are burned out, or they're sleeping. Not all 5X will play, only X.
So if we want 30 players constantly? We need to atract a grand total of 150 players.
The closest stable population we managed to achieve was on pizza (before hate) and it totalled 20 players. I'm not talking about peak players, I'm talking about the stable reliable population that would be playing. This means we once had close to 100 players with us.

I fear that everytime one of those thinks "maybe I'll go back", they open the thread, see it covered in shit and nope.jpg the fuck out.

1000 would definitely not be interested in SS13 to begin with. But, I get your vibe.

Can we not egalitarian mode? I understand during low-pop, a lot of areas are unused, but since we power the station anyway, the only place where you need to get into is medbay, and that's got plenty of glass what makes it east to get to. There's really no call for it, and it only serves to make the round easier for tators.
Most everyone who died in that last round died because they could get through doors they shouldn't've

Nigger we got the message the first 2 times.

The guy what did it didn't seem to feel as though it was a mistake. Thought I'd bring it up here in a more controlled setting, where things can be more easily discussed.

Nel and firestation were both bigger though

That adminbus round was just way too crazy. I want to see more shit like it.

serbs down until further notice

Of fuck off.

rip…

You pretty much struck oil there pal, goons are worthless shitheels.

Reminder they'll never get their 12 dollars or wasted time trying to get cred in a group of socially retarded neckbeards in a constant effort to be better at being worthless than the last goon.
Polite sage for not too on topic

I'm actually still here, even update nullsec regularly. If somebody wants admin access they can email me about it I suppose.

This shouldn't have to be an announcement but NullSec is still online and seeking coders.

Also it's been so long I almost forgot my tripcode.

byond://jinteki.industries:5513 is our address as the other poster mentioned by the way. We're online nearly 24/7 and we usually run pretty 1:1 with FTLstation features.

Git, I don't know if you noticed, but everyone here hates you.
Please, fuck off back to your own shitty threads.

These are my shitty threads though.

I'm implementing that anonymity feature on NullSec right now actually, should be able to put it online in no more than a few minutes. Just gotta use meld to review the changes and patch them in.

alright kids, Darts is entering the ring again as a host on the following conditions
(super autistic brothers need not apply)
(gitgud need not even consider it, muh win 10 pc)

Last I checked, you didn't maybe this thread.
Please, go be a horrible person responsible for destroying a wonderful community somewhere else

I just want to practice Fire Safety with you faggots again.

Making a thread doesn't make you the owner of it, this is a lesson that anyone who's done an SS13 OP should recognize. Every poster is a shareholder in it, and it's defined by not just the person who introduces the conversation but everybody that replies.

We already have a pretty solid server already running NullSec. Seems redundant if you ask me.

Also, why would you need GNU/Linux experience on a Windows 10 PC? I'm fairly certain Linux Subsystem for Windows doesn't support BYOND in it's current, pre-compiled state.

Yeah on second thought these diffs are to a completely different codebase, Pizza or CPstation probably. I'll ask ninjacha about translating these to NullSec's style.

I just mean to tell you to fuck off back to your shit FTL13 threads. We really don't want you here. Please.

I have as much of a stake as anyone else.

It's like saying "America is my country".

Obviously, you do not own the country in its entirety, but you consider yourself a citizen that has a stake in its successes and failures.

To that regard, SS13 threads are my threads as much as they are Just L's or Dart's or Doubleplus's or yours.

Everyone here wants SS13 to work again I believe, we're just in disagreement about the way in which this can be accomplished.

FTL13 is an SS13 variant if not superset, and I think it's the way to go as far as an Holla Forums server.

10/10 accurate portrayal

10/10

FTL13 has no content, no one wants to play on a server with less content then the bloody CM servers

I told you this before and I'll tell you again

And I think that, given your history, anything you have to do with its guaranteed to be trash.
We've given you many, many chances. Every single time, you've chosen to screw over the community more and more.

That you've decided to shill your shittery here, where finally we have gained hope, where finally we have a server that seems to truly care, where finally we are limping back to our roots, is a true testament to your character, gitgud. That you, who personally brought ruin to a once great, thriving, enjoyable community, would have the audacity, the sheer sliminess to come and not only shill your long-set, well documented failure, but to come here to this place and tell those you stamped on that your way, your way that had destroyed the very thing we loved, is the best?
Truly you are the worst of us. There are few people I genuinely wish death on, gitgud. You have managed to claw your way to the top of that list.
Please, leave.

Server up or are we just bullying GitGud?
I'm happy either way.

the server is down and gitgud just doesn't listen so obviously he's not listening to the bullying either

Server usually goes down for the night, and comes back in the after noon. ' least, at central time. But if you ain't central, you shit

You're being rather melodramatic over a point of contention I didn't even introduce to the thread.

The server in the OP is currently down, and somebody mentioned NullSec is still online. I came into the thread to confirm this and invite people into the server.

You're being too utopian with your assessment of the current host, even if he's a good person he may not be necessarily experienced with either the administration of a BYOND server or the kind've community that 8/v/'s SS13 group is.

Remember, Hope was one of the evils in Pandora's Box. Philosophically it can only lead to ruination, and the Greeks (and later Nietzsche) were quick to attack it. It is better to be pragmatic and realistic about this sort've thing, no?

Server's up actually, gonna push some updates in a couple of minutes.

THIS IS IMPORTANT PLEASE LOOK

You're a faggot that can't recognize 8 year old copypasta, labels it as "melodrama", ignores its points regardless and keeps trying to shill his dead server everytime another dude comes to host something fun. Just fuck off, we're having our own fun.

If you host Zaers Outerpizza or CM murderbone games, i'd consider it. I do believe the current hostguy does have a coder and the guy who made the anoncode thing a few posts back would certainly be of help.

Eh, if Darts wanted to admin SS13 again I wouldn't mind if he just talked to me about it at this point. I'll be honest and say I haven't really been invested in keeping up with things here, I just sort've meandered in when I saw it on my way to the webm thread.

Your reduction of the point is not refutation, dude.

Eh, if it's a copypasta it's the first I've come across it. Fuck, if it's a copypasta isn't the point of having it to post something stereotypically melodramatic?

You're saying the current host may not have the credentials that you do and that's 100% a good thing and all the more reason not to go with you and yours. You're a proven failure with no hope for improvement. Current host at least has the benefit of the doubt going for him. A benefit you willingly tossed into the garbage when you regarded your own players as cattle who don't matter.
Fuck off.

What part of "fuck off" did you not understand? Or do i have to put it in
RED BIG BOLD LETTERS like this for you to read it?
Again i'll ask of you to
FUCK OFF, CUNT
We're full.

can't everyone just filter him?

niceme.me

I mean, I'm also the only one who's really stuck it out all this time too. Everyone else has abandoned trying to make a server for this place. I've been the only real persistent fixture of this place after every other ruling party has come and gone.

As spiteful as you may be about the way things have gone, you have to admit nobody would stick around this long if they didn't actually care about you guys just a little.

I'm going to stay. I'm sorry this makes you upset.

But if you filter, you don't get to read his shitposts that make him feel in charge.

well then don't reply to him

He really has turned into a 4am namefag at this point.

Come on user, it isn't even that late. Are you in high school or something?

away with you goon shill

I want shitposters to leave 4am

I want 4am threads to leave Holla Forums. But that's not gonna happen, is it?

of course a D&C shill would want that

Oh yes what a great loss the 4am threads will be to Holla Forums if they no longer exist. What's the next part in my master plan?

removing the next long standing threads as such as the rob thread

Sweet jesus do I really need to host my own server just so I can get some spess going?

Keep posting. What next.

there's a host but he's not properly hosting as he's doing it on his machine, keep an eye on the threads, tomorrow he'll host again

Nah, there's already updated spess right here.

People are just too caught up in politics and some debate about 4am threads on Holla Forums.

Does anyone else find it ((highly coincidental))) that spiderfag is now using one of gitgud's arguments? The last time a server popped up that was being hosted from a personal machine gitgud showed up to say that it wasn't being done "properly" and started shilling his server because it had "proper hosting".
he was also singing the praises of OpenSSL quite heavily, which turned out to be compromised

Riesen where art thou!

Come back, we need you ;_;

there's a difference between hosting on your personal computer some times and hosting on a rack 24/7, the load times for starters

I'd really rather stick to our current host.

My post wasn't a copy-paste. I actually typed that. Genuine feelings on gitgud, though.

It is my genuine feelings on the matter. Call it 'melodramatic' if you want, but your actions time and time again have earned this mark.

Nobody mentioned Nullsec before you came in. One guy mentioned you, but you are not Nullsec.
You alone decided to come in here, and shill your god-awful server. You did not confirm anything, you jumped on the mention of your name to try and steal back the people you've time and time again shat on.

So far he is doing a damn fine job. His administration experiences seem to be serving him well enough, and thus far I have not seen any issues.
I don't know what you mean by "kind of community that 8/v/'s SS13 group is", but considering this is coming from the man who literally said players do not matter, I am inclined to think it is a good thing. He is from here, he plays SS13, I don't see why you need more "experience". Frankly, both issues seem non-existent, and one wonders why you, of all people, who has proven time and time again that you are so massively incompetent when it comes to administration, and that you have no idea how your playerbase thinks or functions, would consider bringing up this matter. Especially when you're trying to shill your own god-awful server.

Pure hope is not good, by all means. But we're not talking pure hope. So far we've got a good thing going, with a good server, with a good host, with a fun community. Why would we throw that all away for a man who has, many times, only destroyed and fucked over the things we cherish?

sounds like us
until this

sounds about right

sheeeeit

Drop by tomorrow, around noonish. Server usually goes up then.
Please, stay away from Gitgud's crapheap. He has ruined a rather long line of servers, over the course of a rather impressive few years.

I'm 30 and finally moving out of parents tomorrow
I've had a job for 4 years
all you need is to get one good steady job that you can count on and even with 4 days a week of work you can manage to afford to move out

get a job and yeah go to >>>/4am/

I don't think we'll meet what's asked there but I think that the current host would want what's best then anything

Run that by me again, I'm afraid I don't understand.
We'll meet what? What is it being asked?
What do you mean by that the current host would want what's best than anything? What are you taking as anything? What are you taking as what is best? Why is it what is best?

it's good to actually read the thread to understand context

we have a coder
we have someone experienced with linux for the server operations

that's actually just my assumption on my part, he comes off as someone who just wants to spess mens

The context was not clear, but I think I remember you from last thread, so I'm not going to get into this shit again.

In any case, you've still failed to hit why this would be better than our current system.

yeah I figured you were that bit of a bitch from last thread

and yeah context again, I said our current host would want what's better, I didn't say that this would be better, however my hopes is that we can get the current staff onto a 24/7 server

Then why bring it up, if you don't know if it is better? Why bother saying shit about it?
Why not just leave off the fucker demanding some odd nonsense, and stick with the host we have currently?

>>>/cyber/45447

I don't know if it'll be worse either?

having a coder and someone who knows their servers is a fairly reasonable demand considering it's for the server, like I'm always saying we need coders

Again, then why bother bringing it up?
Why shill for the guy, with the big obnoxious "THIS IS IMPORTANT PLEASE LOOK" line?
Why respond to someone who says they'd rather stick with the guy we already have, with the claim that our guy will want what is best?
Are you drunk or something? Just autistic?

Oh, never mind, I just figured out who you are.
No reason to bother replying at all, then.

Well, several people mentioned NullSec and somebody actually dropped a link if you'd Ctrl-F and punch in our address.

I'm fully aware of the reactionary sentiments and emotionally charged rhetoric that gets stirred every couple of months, and certainly aware of how you guys manage to devolve into infighting while blaming it on me even in the midst of an extended absence.

Say what you will, time and time again Holla Forums has had months to build back up the 40+ rounds it used to have and never push past 20+. The attacks on "metagaming" and "cabals" ended up creating an environment where the formerly extant core group of regulars no longer wanted to be involved. It's also created an environment where threads consist of ad hominem and an endless line of appeals to pathos because nobody can calm down and talk things out or look past a tripcode or ID to the substance of an argument. Those that still play SS13 now do it elsewhere, preferring the company of Redditors to what's been left behind.

The dysfunction is deeper than my presence, and it's persisted now through several servers.

It's a lot of things, ranging from people being naturally confrontational by the very nature of Holla Forums to the short half-life any SS13-like game has in terms of entertainment value and retention. There's certainly more to it, but those two are common elements of what pushes people away from this.

Anyone trying to fix any one of the problems affecting this community is up shit creek without a paddle, and you know that as well as I do. And so long as you keep placing faith in randoms that quickly get bored of running the show, you'll see the same cycle play out.

And so long as you keep placing faith in randoms that quickly get bored of running the show, you'll see the same cycle play out. There is no server host but me, the creator, unparalleled by any. All escapes are in vain and will not work, you can only return to my server under MY glory.
All your other servers will break, I am proof of this. We should stop placing hopes in those hosts and return to me, the original server host, who has given this community its fair share and deserves its players. Other hosts do not have the skill, the ability, that I have, we should not look for hope in them.

I AM THE ONLY GOD.

No. They didn't. Why are you lying, gitgud?
You are the first mention of Nullsec. The first mention of FTL13 was some user who went to some dead zone to learn the basic ropes, of which after that, was again, you.
Are you really so insecure you have to make up shit, now?

It's very easy to blame things on the guy who caused them. I don't know how you could claim the death of Hatestation was anything other than your fault.

Primarily because of your actions, yes. Every time we started to get more players, you did something absolutely retarded. Every time we started to climb back, you fucked things up more. The "core group of regulars" were people you, and you alone, forced off.
Every issue you speak of was the direct cause of your own actions. How you can pretend like they weren't is beyond me.

Probably has to do with how you keep cropping up to drag your shit through more and more threads. That, and people's still open wounds of a once-great server destroyed by a single shitter.

I would say it was your continued assholishness, holier-than-thou defenses, and general bad decisionmaking.
Remember, you are the one who said players don't matter. You are the one who decided to take us to a less stable, content-less codebase and then called anyone who complaned about it 'entitled'.

That's probably because the community doesn't need any fixing. The community is fine, except for a lot of salty wounds from one particular scumbag who destroyed the thing we all very much loved.
TRUST ME, WHO DESTROYED MULTIPLE SERVERS, WHO CONTINUALY SHAT ON YOU, WHO TREATED YOU AS DIRT, AND DESTROYED EVERYTHING YOU CARED ABOUT, OVER SOME RANDOM GUY WHO SEEMS TO GENUINELY WANT TO PLAY FUN GAMES!

God, I hate you so much.

the fuckers were getting into drama shit instead of actually talking about something which effects the server

do I really need to explain that?

wanting what's best doesn't necessary mean changing the host if it turns out that this guy isn't what's best

no you're just a bloody tard who can't seem to follow simple conversations

didn't you figure that out before?

erm

protip it's not gitgud

No, I figured you were the guy with shit English skills from a few threads ago.
Now, I realized you were this "ChaosYourGod" fellow, who's been posting these incredibly autistic 'sprites; throughout the thread, and generally acts the same way on the server.
That is to say, I realized you probably are an autist.

That was a very, very brief mention. I really don't see how you could count it much. Plus, I already mentioned it. Especially when literally nobody replied to it. Except one mistaken one.

Whop, I just realized, it isn't even that one what the new guy used. Even less relevant. Jej.

as supposed to the tard who goes off on others for bad grammar while also having terrible grammar and being unable to follow context what so ever then ends up being unable to finish his pointless arguments

fuck off mate

you mean citra? I was just helping him on that server since it's dead and thus a decent place to mess about on

Elaborate.
Elaborate.
Both these items don't seem to make sense to me. Do you have examples?

How would I know who he is? I didn't play with him. This is an anonymous imageboard.

I think you're just fucking with me now like I did with you and if so, touche

An environment cultivated by the entire hatestation admin team with you at the helm. Your coder was chiefly responsible for much of the shit that took place in the threads. And instead of reining him in you gave him enough rope to hang you all with. You couldn't keep your coder in check, your coder couldn't keep his pet spritefag in check(much less his own shit code) and the rest is history.

See above. Your team left such a bad taste in everyone's mouths that people figured even shit stations like hippie or bay would be a better alternative.

I'm not gonna keep retreading the same ground here. See the above two points on this.

The reason /tg/station and /vg/station have remained online as long as they have stems from the fact that their administration teams, as full of faggots as they are, didn't and don't go out of their way to make their own players feel unwelcome like you did. The problem isn't Holla Forums, its you. You're incompatible with the players here and you know it and the unwarranted self importance that your posts are chock full of attest to this.

See:

Anyways, it's coincidentally easier to create a scapegoat for your problems instead of confronting their complexity and the multifaceted nature of their origin. And that you've done pretty well.

Problem is that railing against the scapegoat doesn't actually fix your community or society. It just serves to distract people from its defects.

I mean, like I said you guys have had several long periods of my absence, and in none of them has a lasting server been established. It's not like people haven't tried; fuck, there's been dozens of attempts.

It's just that in the end they didn't work out. And I wouldn't fashion to lay the blame for their failure on the people trying to create these servers.

You can spin things how you like, but I remember what I said.

I said coders mattered more to the well-being of the server than satisfying a vocal group of people that had never contributed so much as a single issue on the git repo, and I wasn't going to crucify the one we had left to satisfy a bunch of people that had nobody among them to replace him.

I took us onto a codebase that could allow for pulling from upstream when inevitably even we no longer had active coders, because in the long run BYOND updates would have broken our old codebase. Then everybody complained because they insisted on support for ancient versions of software that even a dinosaur platform like BYOND had left behind.

And the entire time I kept one, persistent identity that people could assess my history and statements as a cohesive unit of instead of fleeing behind some new CKey and starting all over again like everyone else did and will continue to do.

If there's any reason you should trust me, it's because I'm the only person that's sat and stuck with their history here instead of saving face behind a new ID in the next thread and a new pseudonym in the next thread. Because, unlike Reisen and Nel and all these people that never returned, I'm still here and still operating by the same name as when I started. Because I'm still willing to put forward an FTL13 server for this group, through all the shit flung my way and all the drama that's been stirred over 2d spessmen.

NullSec has the chance to be great, and I'll be the first to admit I'm not necessarily a person who would understand how to work it towards that greatness. But I understand how to keep it online and updated.

I'd like to see NullSec be given the shot it deserves.

it was given that shot and you fucked it by doing what you always do and learning your player base

I meant ignoring

I left NullSec alone, and kept it updated quietly and with little intervention on my part in regards to moderation. The worst that occurred was my brief dispute with ninjacha, and that was resolved the next night. There's been a chronic problem with getting any commits outside of upstream's work and getting together a staff that can stay active and respect a baseline expectation of conduct. The server and core codebase itself is good to go.

keep trying there, maybe one day you'll get it

Ok guys, darts here. Just popped in after I was asked to host the serb to see if it was posted about and to see if it was accepted or not, since if you guys don't want this then I totally will accept that and fuck off.

But.

I'm getting vibes that gitgud drama seems to be very prevalent. Which is understandable so I'll attempt to stay out of it.

Going on to one of my main points of my post here, I see that the current /true/ host is accepted here which I really think is rare and should be looked into. I don't want to put pressure on the host of that server.

So I thought of a plan to nullify gits arguements, and to make it so this place can start to thrive a bit more which is to donate my server to this host for a 24/7 server, and to assist in searching for coders, which are the backbone of ss13.

Now if everyone is generally fine with that Ill reach out to the host of /real/ serb tommarow.

I think you're being courteous when there's no real need but I respect you for it all the same

What language would a coder need to know? Aspiring programmer here and wouldn't mind slowly helping in one way or another.

You would need to know BYOND's own language. Prepare to have your coding skills gutted for a shitty online game, faggot.

BYOND code is not a good place to start learning unless it's the only coding you'll ever want to do.

Hey, so two things:

First, if you want the Anonymous Who\Adminwho\OOC code, I wrote it.
I made a version for tg code, realized the new host was using vg code then made a new version for him.
I still have the previous version that's fairly similar and I can make a pull request soon enough.
If you're gonna take this to Ninjacha instead, only diference really is that VG uses R_Admin solely and has no "check_priviledge" function. Ironic. :^)

Secondly, I kinda though Dev for the server had stopped, wasn't even expecting it to be up to be honest.
I went to check on it last night when I saw a new player that wanted a server to learn the ropes and the current host wasn't available.

If it's up and you're maintaining it and everything, then I guess it's worth the effort to set up github or something and actually start contributing the code. I almost had the Moral Code finished too, just fixing a few bugs with it.

If you're intent on staying with FTL, we do need more content for it and a better ship. And while we talk a lot about needing coders, mappers is starting to be equally important. The ship needs a new engine and I heavily suggest replacing the Shard with an AME engine instead. Perhaps making a machine that produces anti-matter from plasma. The shard is far too unstable for a comfy experience, it either has to go or be heavily tweaked so it's not a feminist in solid state.

Lastly, stop replying to butthurt faggots. Just implement the damn anonymity code and forget about the drama. Darts (or rather the person claiming to be Darts) can post whatever he wants, not having coders or someone to help maintain the server is a big no no. It's just hopefull thinking on his part, like any revolutionary that wants a revolt to start but can't even find his guns.

It's gonna take a while to make something properly good but with some more content for the server and some talk about it, it's gonna come back. Just gotta focus all effort on improving and working on the server instead of contributing to the shitposting.

Also, holy shit, batman and cheesecakes: this is some fucking severe autism!
I get that the guy ain't popular, I get that maybe some people don't like the server but space god-fucking-dammit, you've actually gone to the owner of the actual server to try and stir shit and see if he would bring the server down?

For all the talk about "gitgud and pals starting drama everywhere", it seems the autists that want the server gone are actually the ones that will splash this shit all over the place and even involve outside communities if they believe they can be used.
This almost reminds me of Brianna Wu or Zoey Quin going around Paypal and Patreon trying to remove support for Holla Forums in an effort to close it down. You do realize how irnocially hilarious you faggots are, right?

I have no idea why you'd hate the server this much but the effort being put to close it down? That just makes me want to keep it up even harder. We either piss off autists or we beat the faggots that want to kill a SS13 for whatever reason. NullSec will live, your resistance only makes it stronger!

you do realize there are group or groups trying to stir as much drama as possible to bring any Holla Forums server down right? they're called D&C shills

This, kids, is spin doctoring.
Being scrutinized? Critiqued? Are you being taken to task for screwing up? Spin it! Play the victim card at the same time and watch it not do shit in a thread where nobody will give a shit about what you have to say because you're defending a well known shitter
Seriously, who the fuck are you trying to fool here? This is some Endomorphosis-level fucking up.

That much is a given and standard fare, of course. But actually trying to contact the owner of the server, that's going one step above common autism, that's Advanced Autism.

If the server was bad, it would and should die on it's own, just as if it's good, it would and should live on it's own.
But artificially trying to bring an end to it, that's ethically wrong, that's what ticks me wrong. I get not playing there are at all if you don't like it, I don't get making concerted efforts to bring it down.

What this is essentially means is that the "oposition" the server faces isn't facing stupidity alone anymore, it's actually facing malice and ill intentions, and for that we must fight back.

Chaos (because I know it's you), your services are going to be needed soon. You can contribute with sprites which is a lot more than many people can help with. Those you made for Moral will be implemented soon enough.

I'll need a "single" one for a new Core Engine now, though.
Something that's pretty clear is that FLT13 engine is modeled after Pulsar Lost Colony one, from the temperature, the ejection, the coolant, etc. The best implementation the devs could make of it was using the Shard but that's flawed because it doesn't mirror the actual details about that Core.

I plan on making a new machine that produces a dynamic amount of power as requested from a nearby computer or something similar and heats accordingly so you can force more power to be produced if needed at the cost of stability. Essentially the shard, but it knows to stay quiet when you don't need trillions of megawats, while making combat more tense since producing extra power for the guns might be very important.

Attached pictures are what the core looks like in Pulsar, if you can can draw something that resembles a cryo pod with a ball of light inside, that'd be great. I'd need some variants as well, from low, medium and high power as well as going critical (and if you can make a few frames for an animation of ejecting it up or down, it'd be great)

For the current time, I suppose we can just replace the Shard with an AME, running on anti-matter capsules even makes it closer to actual FTL and the fuel charges.

he committed suicide.

the "oposition" the server faces isn't using stupidity alone anymore
That came out wrong :^)

Yeah, both mispell opposition
Are you autistic? You write like one.

I said it like it is:
Autists actually went and contacted Jinteki to get the SS13 server shutdown.
Spin Doctoring involves lies or omission of the truth. Everyone can click that link and read on what the autists did.
And anyone who knew Akitaro knows the guy ain't gonna pull Nullsec for a random autist
THAT is spin doctoring. No proof, no argument, just acusations with no factual knowledge of what Jinteki is.

I tend to take few months of break from SS13 due to exhaustion and the jobs I get, and looking now back in time, this shit has just gone even more nuts. Last time I played was when CheesePizzaStation was up. At best when I was in there, it was like fucking six to ten people, usually only one or two playing. fucking place was deader than ghost town.

Gonna see later in evening if this is still going and alive with people
else, gonna hop on different servers

IF you're goinging there, just make sure to replace the engine at round start.
Or get ready for Atmos autism because the shard is a royal bitch.

Man, jokes aside I hope not. He was a cool dude.

Also,

I agree man, it's all just in the phase of me seeing if it's necessary. I see people want a 24/7 server of regular spessmens, so I'm seeing if I can give it to them.

I may even talk to git to see what we can agree on, but I will not let him touch my server or my community, but I will not be hard headed and not at least talk. We have a history to a point so I hope you understand that.

Onto coders, I'm searching around a bit and will be going through irc and a few others to see who I can find. I don't mind who joins in as coders or whatever, since we're open source.

I'm going to be looking for moderators/admins though. Ima post a discord to organize everything later, I'll keep you guys posted on that.

You still moderate DarkRP servers?
Faggot.
I miss mumble and verbally shitposting.
I also miss the paranoid autists scooping up the text on the IRC channel because they were too spergy to join the voice chat.

When I say my community I mean him being a community outreach guy, btw.

Not anymore friendo, stopped that way back.

So, i'm gonna put up the serb again, sorry about last night and i hope to see you guys again on the serb.

May be some delays as i'm downloading the fork code and compiling it.

How long before he starts lurking about the "pol" mumble with the rest of the goons and tries to flee from police for a mere 5 month sentence. only time will tell.

hey man, darts here, ima msg you when the serb gets on to talk to you about giving you a 24/7 serb

Alright, i guess.

Hey, didn't you guys get Zaers again?
I got some warnings on my mail that he was moving some code around or uploading some stuff.
Thought I saw him on the server some days ago too. Is he coding again?

He probably won't since i think i remember him saying he won't really code again for spessmans, if i'm correct.

Also, station's up, let's do this.

lies and slander

I hope he's not mad at us or something.
He was a pretty chill dude. At least I hope he keeps playing with us.

I specifically mentioned I'd not be maintaining my branch of tgcode, I have no objections to fixing some bugs in vgcode

Oh, well, thanks for the correction.

cant connect to serbian.

Had to restart it as like the absolute madman i am, i added youtube.com as the media server, i guess.
RIP.

hey man, any way i could reach you about helpin out codin in the serbian?

Wake me up.

Just ask in the serb and play once in a while, don't want people burning out just coding.

totally not going to fuck it up again :^)

welp fucked it up again, never touching THAT SHIT again.

STOP
STOP
STOP
STOP

THE BRAKES ARE BROKEN, I CAN'T STOP.

Nigger it best stay up this time or im done, some of us have jobs and cant sit around for 30 minutes downloading the code 100% over and over.
and may I remind you that it SENDS ME BACK TO 0.0 MB AND CACHES NONE OF IT FROM THE PREVIOUS DOWNLOAD ATTEMPT.

This is indeed the last time until the next round restart.

I see you're attempting to use BYOND for the first time. The frustration will wear off once you get used to it. Enjoy the relaxing ads in the meantime. :^)

You gonna get demoted.

So, to properly host a media server you need this shit right here: github.com/N3X15/SS13-media , an http daemon to host that, probably github.com/d3athrow/ss13-media-converter to actually populate the playlists and possibly a private git server to hold the jukebox repository with the files according to the documentation I could find
After all that is set up you'd need to edit your configurations and related things for those things and wire up the various things so it actually works

pastebin.com/fngyh23a

This right here is a good sign.
It's the sign this thread is on the way back to being great again.
You should kyll yourself you fucking furry faggot.

Now we just need that guy what posts the xeno balls all day.

I agree but they tend to do this sort of thing because they want to effect Holla Forums on the whole

But artificially trying to bring an end to it, that's ethically wrong, that's what ticks me wrong. I get not playing there are at all if you don't like it, I don't get making concerted efforts to bring it down.

I agree with that too but normal players I've seen do this kinda thing by murderboning low pop rounds again and again even if they're not antags and specially so and this is outside the metabuddies or shitters too

'k I'll gets to work on that soon enough, it's going to take awhile to do as I'm assuming you want it as best as possible which means fully animated

you mean a single sprite? if you need a temp sprite then here, use the shitty potato meme I did when we learned that potatoes could power everything really well

is there anything more you'd like?

try byond://109.150.237.181:7272 instead

he maybe mad with me which is understandable considering

that was Daniel hen or whatever his name was

Oh, they're back? Kek.
Depending on the codebase, banning those two guys doesn't help much. They can evade on some of them.
If that happens, go play something else and let them have it in an empty server. Anytime there's more than 5 players they're spotted really easily and insta-murdered at round start.
or admins fuck with them.
It's probably the same two guys that go around shitposting this thread, the one on /cyber / and the meta-thread once.
Honestly, nothing you can do. let them have their retarded "fun".

Topkek, he's not just a nigger, he's also a gay nigger.
I thought that guy joined the military and died abroad. Is he back to the dishwashing job he had?

If danhen is the guy posting that shit, then does that confirm he's a nuTG shitter?

xeno.sexy/
xeno.sexy/
xeno.sexy/
xeno.sexy/
xeno.sexy/

They're constantly pushing degenerancy.

This is pretty good actually

The other shit was bad mostly because it was gay hyperdick garbage.

People with unrealistically low character ages should be humiliated and removed from the round

Fuck kids who are so retarded they can't consider snowflaking as someone any bit older than they are irl

What should the lowest age be raised to?
I'm thinking maybe 21 or something, many people have jobs by then
For head roles I can't see anyone being any younger than 30 however. Especially not captain.

There is actually a config that allows you to have an age limit on head roles. I think off the top of my head that it is 35.

12. So your age matches your skill as a Captain.
Alternatively 6 so we can all be big babbies aboard a station like usual.

18 for assistant because they're supposed to be in training/education (interns)
21 at least for real jobs because most if not all require some secondary education/training

For head roles, the 30 minimum seems alright. You have to have at least 15-17 years of time in service in the US Navy to first be eligible to command a vessel so I think thats a reasonable starting point for Captain, too; so if you start working with NT at 21 you could be Captain starting at 36. (35 is a more satisfyingly even number, though, and it's the minimum to be President too so we could do that)

right

I wouldn't know

that's an issue with low rp and high rp tbh

ayy yoo darts here.

Serb is almost readyish for general fuckery. we still have quite a bit to do, but i gotta go to bed, so ima set up the serb and the auto restart script and just release it to you guys

Actually considering it's a far future setting I could see VR training and advanced educational technology could make the operable age of a crew younger. I also think Nanotrasen would not be above minors on the crew, especially considering the Aloha Oe's reputation.

A13 year old captain has room for some pretty hilarious goings-on if it's RP'd also.

Good RP doesn't necessarily mean realism so much as being committed to your role.

In case something comes up from this, I'll post it here. That, and I like having a solid line of discussion for items, where posts last more than a few seconds, and can be decently bigger.
Plus, I do love me transparency when it comes to this sort of thing. I take it Uncle Benis was the borer?

Daily reminder to hide tripfags

the guy was powergaman, you were powergayman in assisting him
powergayman nets you bussing, take your bus like a man

This
The thread is rather astoundingly more pleasant when you do this.

The guy may well have been powergaming, but I merely did what he asked. Why should I not do so?
Also, what bus? You didn't do anything.

Here's a hint:
Kill him, make a burger.
It only takes one instance of this for them to learn their lesson.

To be honest, that's not really powergaming for the roboticist unless he knew very well what was happening with the assistant and wanted to assist him.

But then again, "chest transplant"? That doesn't fix anything, only change the properties of your body. The borer is placed in your head as well and even replacing it with a mechanical one does nothing to eject the bug.
It's still stupid on the account of both of them, the guy could just suicide in front of him or be scanned and then jump out of an airlock if they have the stupid Suicide restriction for cloning.

Also, consider that the admin was probably deadminned so he didn't saw the PDA message. To him (assuming he was a borer) all he saw was a medic willing to help a guy for no reason in a way that solves a problem he never spoke about.
Tell him about the PDA message and to check the logs, that should clear it up.

Why is this guy an admin?

He specifically said clone.

And you specifically say "delicious".

Meh. I'm more inclined to just clone them. I don't really see a reason not to, given that cloning technology is something clearly understood by Nanotrasen staff. This is something that, from an IC and OOC perspective, I see no reason whatsoever not to do.

If he were the borer, then he should not have been involved. That's admin 101. You don't do shit you personally were involved with. You ahelp for another admin to look into it

I really don't want to build a ton of drama, here, but fuck me if this isn't some major bullshit. This type of garbage ruins rounds for players. If you really have issue with 'powergaming', take it up with the guy who's actually powergaming.

/vg/ medical takes a very long time to heal someone up

Is that why it wouldn't get cured, then? Just takes forever for the drug to actually do anything about it?
All the same, it was some major bullshit.

correct, you probably needed surgery as well to take the cancer out of your hand

I had that. That, and then pills. Still progressed, leaving me crippled after.

maybe cryno was needed?

You need some ISIS medicine then. Hug a fuel tank while on fire.

Now for real, I don't think the admin did well by punishing you. At the same time, I think he's right that what happened was faggotry. Wether he was or wasn't the borer, borers can be an interesting game mechanic to change a round from the same old same old. Taking the borer out like that for seemingly no reason is quite faggy and boring.

You were a nigger about me telling you youre powergaming and its haram.
If you were not being a nigger about me simply telling you what you do is haram none of this would have happened.

Do we have several new word filters or did you just completely fucked up that post?
I don't even know what you're trying to say there.
Testing

Like I said, that's more the issue of the player who requested death, then.

Nice reply. I did not powergame. I did act with the assumption that something was wrong with him, but I did not suggest the killing and cloning.
I did absolutely nothing wrong. If you didn't act like such a butthurt, as you put it, nigger, and thought for two seconds, you'd have understood that.

I thought Benblu was talking to you about this, already?

Also, I love how you post this shit as though it proves anything, when I've already posted that here

Stop acting like a massive insufferable dickhead. What I did was not powergaming. I acted as any responsible Nanotrasen employee would.

He fucked it up.

Wew, no wordfilters. I guess the guy just can't write for shit.

Also, UncleBenis, you should consider the precedent this sets.
If there are xenomorphs and someone gets hugged, is it powergayman to have someone kill you and later clone you?
Is it powergayman to have them operate your chest?
Because the logs clearly sugested the guy tried operating first too.

The moment you start opening exceptions for every minor cause with "this is okay, this isn't, now this is okay too, but this one other thing isn't" you'll spiral and lose control of the server really fast.

Act like an adult: own up to your error, apologize and make up for the player in some minor way next round. No reason for everyone to NOT get along if everyone stops being faggots.

11 players on join up fags

shiet

just

Living the life.

Aight fine, I did overreact with the cancer and I apologize for that.

HOWEVER

Both players were powergaming and both got their, admittedly disproportionate, bus.
And I will not apologize for that.

Completely ignoring a borer is powegayman. This is not up to debate.
Killing and cloning someone to heal them is powergayman regardless if you were asked for it or not. Outside of specific circumstances, this is not up to debate.

Powergaming is hard to define, and If you feel that your definition of powergaming differs from ours, you are welcome to voice it for consideration with only one arm for the reminder of the round, and zero arms if you're continuously being a nigger about it.

And remember before you start stirring shit up about an admin decision, remember that its not even a fucking ban we're talking about, or anything that even persists between rounds.
Youre gathering support for admin resignation for a single bad bus decision, stop being such a dramafag.

Why is killing someone who has asked to be cloned powergaming, you insufferable piece of shit?
Why would something entirely reasonable to do both IC and otherwise, be something you shouldn't do, you overbearing asshat?

You've yet to give one single reason for this, instead just repeating this moronic "IT JUST IS STOP BEING A NIGGER" 12 year old dumbfuckery.

It still is ruining someone's round, you god awful dicksucker.

Does the host agree with you on this trash? When I smoke with him, he seemed to believe you were in the wrong.
Where do you plan on placing these incredibly arbitrary rules if what is acceptable for fear of crippling a player for the full round?

Why in the fuck did you make this asshound an admin, Ben.

And to clarify, I frankly don't want to stir drama about this, but the actions taken were so shitty, the response given so assholish, that I fear for the standard of the server as a whole if this sort of administrational behavior persists. I do not want to play server weighed down by shitty rules that makes play a worried gamble every time you do something for fear of admin clamp down. And make no mistake about this, ruining someone's round with CRIPPLING CANCER, is an enforcement of a sort. Yes, this is not a ban. But it is the destruction of a player's round. A kick has less impact. For that matter, a 1-10min ban has less impact. I certainly spent that time unable to so much as move in medbay, as a result of your actions. And for what? Doing something perfectly sensible by both in character rp reasoning, and outer game reasoning, that was arbitrarily defined as "powergaming" by an admin, without any warning that such would be the case.

So, yes, when a guy acts like such a shitter about things, not only in regards to the initial abuse of power in the interests of petty revenge, but in the thread, defending his shitty actions, I find myself calling for his removal, as such a server run by such people I would not want to play.

Keep in mind, I was ready to forgive you. I understand a new admin not knowing the right move, dealing with problems too close to chest. But then you kept acting like, as you keep so elegantly putting it, a nigger about it.
Hell, I could still forgive you, as I like to look in the best of people, and would just assume you learned. But so far, that does not seem the case.

so uhhh. couple things. its 'up' but i HAVE to go to bed, so i cant finish some stuff. please post HERE:

with issues with the serb, and we'll get to it. i couldnt get auto restart workin yet, so, yeah. ill try to get that workin later. or zaers might be able to get it. idk.

yeah as you can tell im super fucking tired, totally forgot to post ip.

byond://66.150.214.150:7272

At this point I'm no longer uncertain that the new station staff isn't really gitgud in disguise, trying to be a shitter on purpose to attempt to send people to his real identity's server, which would validate his shittery once and for all.

Benblu seems like a genuinely good guy. I wouldn't sell the server out yet. His staff selection may need work is all.

I can confirm that this is the real 100% darts that originally ran things before gitgud gave him the long knife.

Hey dickweed, darts already posted on the thread.
Learn how to ID or fuck off back to cuckchan.

That was entirely unwarranted both with our without you having any sort of reading comprehension. shoo autist.

I invite you to click your own post, scroll up and see what kind of shit you've been posting.
You're not contributing to the thread or the comunity, especially deadnaming two people who are long gone and would do well (for their sake and ours) to NOT return.
Get that fucking Holla Forums shit outta here.
This is Holla Forums. On Holla Forums you tell faggots to get the fuck out.

is there no end game stats?

Well would you look at that, looks like your mother is a fatass dyke.

And what are you contributing exactly :^)
Wew
I don't know what got you so assblasted but perhaps you should "act like an adult" as you told someone very recently in this thread and stop blowing your load on someone for invoking a name.
the only name I invoked that fits that remotely would be endo(who is still actually here between being on the run from police), perhaps you are endo with how instantly you got upset.

THIS IS IMPORTANT
THIS IS IMPORTANT
THIS IS IMPORTANT
THIS IS IMPORTANT
THIS IS IMPORTANT
THIS IS IMPORTANT
THIS IS IMPORTANT
THIS IS IMPORTANT

Good round.

You're the only one who keeps talking about endo, a faggot that has nothing to do with SS13.
Take it to /cow/ where they're doing their magic with the guy instead of trying to conjure up another boogeyman with a legitimate autist.

The other posts had legitimate discussion going on. They get legitimate responses.
You have shitposts. You get shitposts :^)

sounds like someones a little upset, perhaps you should head on over and play on that gitgud server you keep suggesting and calm down

docs.google.com/presentation/d/10GLZTUpU6XGBZInIqxWCSR5q9lYXIk-524yuIGdSYbQ/edit?usp=sharing

Really makes you think.

What server is this for?

Its gitgud shilling his serber.

Did I miss something? Are vols actually doing good?

None of those posts show up on the board log as having been deleted or otherwise removed.
because he quoted incorrectly and the post numbers are completely wrong

Oh. Fuck.

Yeah, I'm retarded

Still waiting on a reply, by the way. If you've got time to shitpost, you should have plenty of time to defend your shitty behavior.

see

because there's a tard autistically fucking with the power point so you'll now have to submit a email address if you wish to idea fag on the power point

We spent hard work into our slides, and you just deleted them like a big nigger stealing from a melon stand

it's for idea faging, not shitposting

I'll kill you irl if you don't give us back our slides, this is a physical threat against your life

not if you kill your self first

Ideafagging IS just shitposting though.
No need to be upset, just shitpost with less intensity next time.

We also need a new bred

no it's not

I will never die till my mission to end your pathetic life is complete. You're a rat bastard for stealing away something so special to us, and you're going to pay for it with your life. There will be no mercy given to you, and no quarter given to your inbred family. Your deeds have been set in stone, and no repentance will save you now. The judgement day draws closer, and soon you will be on your knees begging for mercy which cannot be given to you. The sentence will be announced and carried out swiftly, and your worthless life will be cut short in the name of justice. Count your days, you're damned

in devmans terms:
coding > design > art > sound design >>>>>>> playtesting >>>>>>>>>>>>> literally everything else >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> shit > ideafagging

It's the bottom of the bottom of making something for gaymen of video, aka the shitposting of vidya development. Everyone can be ideafag, everyone can shitpost. You cannot make it not be, when it is just ideafagging.

"no u" - ur mom

So, no come back, just going to do your best gitgud impression. Got it.
I'll just take it up with Benblu tomorrow, I guess.

it's not and it is, it's an odd thing where everyone can indeed do it but not everyone can do it well

Just L here, how's the server been? Is there even a working server anymore?

byond://66.150.214.150:7272

Or you could stop being so immensely fucking butthurt and just play with us.

Ill tell you what he told me: never ever cancer people, which I agreed is in fact super gay, and not to handle my own cases, which I also agreed is super gay.
You can either accept the apology or continuously stirr up drama until this server also dies. Just because I did one bad thing doesnt mean Im literally gitgud as you paint me out to be.

GAY

That line was directed at how you chose to handle someone's argument, not at the mistake you made. That is to say, how gitgud used to reply to critique. Just linking the post of which was replied to is no argument

As to the so-called "apology", you made it exceptionally clear in that post you were in no way sorry, going as far as to say that the punishment you decided to hand out was deserved. To quote my mother, "If it has a but, it isn't an apology".

As to why I wish to bring it up tomorrow, I want to find out if this is the nature of the server we're getting. This is rather important to me, as I very much so not enjoy rulecuck servers, especially ones of which the rules are vague and up to an individual admin's take on the concepts involved.
And make no mistake, destroying a player's round, leaving them crippled and unable to move, is no different from a ban. Punishment is punishment, regardless of how you choose to spin it.

Kars Auto squats over Max Johnson's face, spreading their bowling ball ass wide. A brown serpent begins to emerge from between their cheeks.
Kars Auto exclaims, "CALL ME DADDY OR I SHIT ON YOUR FACE!!"

That was the gayest round

I specifically stated that the art of punishment was undeserved. A punishment was deserved and I stand by that. Stop turning the words in my mouth around to justify dramawhoring.

Youre not immune from enforcement of rules just because you dont agree with them. Infact you are the first person we ever enforced no powergaming rule on because we got above the server pop threshold where it becomes sensible to enforce it. The punishment was disproportionate, but there still is a punishment for powergayman. The vague rules are intentional to keep shitters on their toes without the need of hounding them every second of the round.

And ask everyone else playing on this server if its a rulecuck server, and pull your head out of your own ass already.

I WAS ACTUALLY

Yoshikage [spoiler]Kira

nice spoiler nerd

It's a goon buzzword, in the intents that it is used on as basically being entirely anti-establishment, they trip over the most basic of facts human facts:
People are always going to break things, no matter if there are rules or a lack of them within to "prevent" such.

They will, however, prance around and claim they are in the right, because there's no rule claiming they must not do something retarded that will ruin fun for everyone else.
It is a direct attack at any rule attempting to remove their easy weasel-away attempts to be completely shit, disruptive and outright destructive in their behaviour towards other members of a community and it's also a convenient way to try to encite it with culture by using the word cuck, which is now also a buzzword in and of itself due to usage similar to this.

I wouldn't trust anyone advocating towards no rules, there has to be a line drawn at least SOMEWHERE to prevent faggotry or at least have a reason to punish it. Too vague or restrictive and it becomes impossible to do anything fun like in nuTG or Bay with bans being handed out like candy. Too loose and you get Nox, Hippie or any dead run-of-the-mill traitor deathmatch server. You got to have a balance and what we have right now is juuuuust the right kind of ruleset to encite people into RP instead of devolving into 2d counterstrike with tasers.
Hilariously enough, goon's server has the most restrictive ruleset that only apply to non-goons, meanwhile their secret clubs never get any sanctions and devolve into being complete assholes who make it their entire lives into killing or incapacitating permanently every other being connected to the server.

All this said, i don't believe that guy ever deserved that kind of punishment nor that kind of response when questioning it. Spessmen have the technology to make new bodies from scratch, if someone gets incurable cancer or an inoperable parasite and requests a doctor to end his life and clone him, what's to say the doctor CAN'T do it? Because it's not sitting for 5 hours attempting to remove something as retardedly simple as that? At least 300u of Mindbreaker will eventually settle down and you can cure it if you're robust. Space Aids in Baymed is no goddamn joke when even a single broken bone can entirely end the round for someone if there are no surgeons. The guy could have handled it better though, since borers aren't exactly a death sentence unless the borer in question was being a huge dick instead of helping his host (and in turn, itself).

See, this is exactly why I like to discuss things here, where posts can be looked on.
You did not, quite clearly, say it was "undeserved". You said that it was disproportionate, but you stand buy your punishment quite clearly. If you truly believe what you claim now, having been called out on your shit, then you would've apologized in the first place, without this "THEY DESERVED IT" garbage.

I know this. That is why I take such issue with them. That is why I wish to discuss this further. Because I sincerely hope this not how the server is going to be run, by admins who take players out of rounds over their personal take on a vague ideal. Especially when you are talking about robbing a player of their round with no warning, no explination, no chance for defense.

The vague rules allow for admins, such as yourself, to go on autistic powertrips and ruin a player's round for doing something entirely sensible, that in another instance, BY YOUR OWN ADMISSION, may not result in such. See , "Killing and cloning someone to heal them is powergayman regardless if you were asked for it or not. Outside of specific circumstances, this is not up to debate."

Given your behavior, I fear that is what it is becoming. I also love how you ignored the rest of that. Typical, considering your prior posts. You managed to ignore two others. After all, it is quite clear you have no argument beyond appeals to authority, moving goalposts, and acting like an insufferable asshound while claiming that it is an 'apology'.

I think it is a bit far to call it a "goon buzzword". In my sense, I mostly use it when referring to servers with vague rules that allow admins to ban whoever they want for whatever they want. Though, I admit, I've only really been exposed to the term from Holla Forums's scope, and don't play many online games other than SS13. It's possible I've missed their usage.

I don't really want no rules. In fact, rules I find are quite well needed. I just don't like vague rules that let admins do whatever they please, banning anyone for the drop of a hat.
I am well for rules, clear cut and understandable, that stop, as you put it, being "disruptive and outright destructive".
My personal take, though, is more that rules should be set in stone. If someone finds a loophole, fine, let him go this time I say, but set that rule in stone after.

This might be more due to my experience with video game administration, though. They seem typically to go very quickly towards the cliques hugboxy highnose sort of deal. Superiority complexes are quick to pop up when you have the power to ban anyone who says otherwise. It's not that I don't trust staff, it's just that I find it is often abused, and a better way would be to keep things neat and orderly around that.

I just did what the guy who came to me asked. He wanted a chest transplant, which gave me my suspicion after he wanted it quiet, but I wasn't really certain. After we found out that chest transplant wasn't working [might just be me not knowing this surgery well, might just be surgery being weird], he started panicking, and ultimately said "just clone me" or such. So, that's what I did.
You can find the logs for that over

I should also add, I don't actually know what a borer does. Never had one myself, never actually seen one proper beyond hearing about it on the radio. This isn't really something that relevant, as it didn't much effect my decision making beyond that the knowledge of them existing gave me the understanding that this might be a thing what is happening. But, for the sake of transparency at least, I probably should bring it up.

Mr admin. It's about that time to stop.

You know what fuck it, I was typing out a wall of text but it really is time to stop.

I heard plenty of times that nuTG codebase is shit. I agree, but maybe it is possible to fix it? What do you hate about nuTG codebase?

I think they really turned to shit with following changes:
1. Airlocks break from brute damage. Every shitter just breaks them instead of hacking. Even if hacking is very easy.
2. Miners have too many research items in mining vendor and so they hunt lavaland bosses instead of mining. There is less ore then on asteroid and danger is higher.
3. Research requires mutated plants, items from mining and cargo, besides ore, to max it. It takes way too long and may be impossible on lowpop.
4. Wizards and nuke ops have new energy shields that make them invincible to melee, lasers, guns and stuns until shield absorbs too much damage. This makes them nearly unstoppable.
5. Space cold does not slow you down as much and you can easily survive and move in space without a hardsuit for a short time.
And there is probably more.

new bread fam