MS-DOS

Let's have a DOS thread.
Post and discuss about your favorite games, your favorite tracks, and whatever related to the topic.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!SIUwAT6Z!tmhggjotyWayh8UKNT8NPd8TmyRtr2cfKUSHtixX2Jo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bazinga

How to spot underage, the post

The world needs more 2d Prince of Persia clones.

Is there a bigger voice acting cuck than Jon st. John?

This should get the obvious shit out of the way. These are all classics that have sometimes a cult following even today.

I take how to spot the underage for 1 teenage boypussy.

No. But what have you expected? He is a fucking actor.

Who would be a good replacement for that faggot? Someone who can give Duke a new life if he somehow manages to escape from Gearbox's hands

Learn to take a joke you sensitive mongoloids.

Now we get to the more obscure ones. Sometimes they are, because they are something for dad, didn't get any infamy from getting banned or they simply came out first on dying System (either Amiga or Dos towards its end).

Learn to make a good one. The one you have cracked sucked.

And here are a few more. Gonna complete my collection on Moby Games.

The best build engine shooter and an alright dungeon crawler.

Caleb's voice is fucking fantastic.

I remember Stonekeep being monumentally controversial for its time. The press shit on it so hard. It became the posterchild of "FMV ruins games", but from what I've seen of it it looks pretty cool.

Is this an LGR thread?

Clint is bae

No. Stop ruining threads with this bullshit.

Unfortunate name aside, this is a pretty decent platformer, for DOS and Amiga.
If you've played Pac-In-Time for the SNES, it's a rebranded version of this, but with different levels.

Puzzle platformer. It has slidy, bouncy controls, but unlike many others, it's built around that sort of momentum. You have a few different colors with different powers, not always the full complement, and sometimes with little areas that take or grant these powers.
Difficulty curve's a little apeshit, keeping it very mild with a few brutal levels here and there, before getting very demanding.
Music's breddy gud. Has two soundtracks, for some reason.

Would recommend.

Posting my small DOS collection.

mega.nz/#!SIUwAT6Z!tmhggjotyWayh8UKNT8NPd8TmyRtr2cfKUSHtixX2Jo

aww shit

They were not wrong. Mind you this game was released 6 months before Quake so the hype for a fully featured 3D game was in full swing.
The game uses extremely low resolution samples of prerendered backgrounds which makes it look grainy as fuck. Then there is the bizarre perspective and animation issues it has that weren't even present in a non grid based Ultima Underworld. The enemies are a mixture of puppets and people dressed up in outfits and have 5 frames of animations.The artstyle is a mixture of real life actors and hand drawn art making it look really bizarre. Its not like any piece of technology it used was groundbreaking, its just that they failed to implement it in a smooth way.

No. Stop associating shit with e-celebs!

I just got the box art of it.

Not MS-DOS but this game looks fucking sweet.

Making cool boxart is a lost art nowadays and so is making good games.

This was one spooky game for me as a kid.

i love civ 1 ost.

for 8ch won't let me embed the soundblaster version

Anyway post your civtism moments

music plays

;_; Babylon will rise again!

shitpost pls ignore

Here are two more. One got taken down by the real Fuggers with a libel lawsuit, because you could play as scheming kike in that game and they didn't like that.

My Nigger!

I love The Guild. I just wish I had the photoshop of the Die Fugger coverart, someone replaced it with Spurdo, was pretty fantastic.

Here is one game that isn't talked about much, yet on which I spent hours and hours and hours.

Basically, it's a rather slow platformer with a single weapon, changing every world. You can either shoot it as is or charge it before releasing it at full power, but fully powered shots can either have platforming purposes (depending of its appearance, and thus depending of the world) or capture enemies, giving you bonuses based on the number of enemies killed once you touch the captured enemy.

The game is rather long, with four worlds and nearly 30 big levels, and there's a password for every level. Give it a try, you may enjoy it.

Recently played through the wizardry savant trilogy (6,7,8) and I am currently a few hours into this game. good stuff the gui has aged pretty badly though

How can you manage to play Wizardry without being bored to death?

because it was fun? and because of the speedup mod, which makes the game play MUCH faster

That sounds nice

no, not only nice, it is essential

Lands of Lore is cozy as fuck, shame the game is just so so

That game tended to be tough as nails, especially if you don't think through with your character placement in the battle.

No idea why I dropped playing the game and then forgetting about it. Last time I played it was like two years ago, finished first chapter, then started roaming coastal area.

anyone know any good business/sim games for dos? I only know of stuff like detroit and rags to riches

Should I get an old pentium PC off ebay for dos games or can I play most of these just on dosbox?

Dino park tycoon was GOAT

I liked that one game about fighting dogs that turn into cyborgs.

This game fueled so many of my childhood game making ideas.

Mount & Blade Warband is the only game to come remotely close to quenching my thirst for a modern, similar game.

We used to have one of the "Night Owl" shovelware CDs back in the day, those were actually cool though because they were so easy to search through. Some of the fun games I remember finding on there:
- Castle of the Winds and Dangerous Dave, needs no introduction.
- D-Zone, triangle tank game where you buy weapons and upgrades and fight other tanks. Used to play this all the time with friends in the co-op mode. Kinda sucky though when the keyboard jammed from all the buttons being pressed.
- Phylox, a sidescrolling shooter game, slow-paced but kinda nice looking.
- Packrat, not so hot, it's a platforming game where you collect small baubles for points and try to find your way through the levels without touching obstacles.

Other fond memories are from Pixel Painters games, particularly Laser Light.

Hated that animation as a kid, made me really not want to fight those monsters.

That game was hard as balls.

This one is a lot of fun

nigger are you serious of course i know that

Y'all muggufuggas need some SUPAPLEX in your lives.
There's a bunhc of remakes too, no excuse for not playing it.

>fuck no pipe maze fuck you levels

Hell yeah.

Screw that, gotta hack fast.

mah nigga
also

There are even several browser versions. Go for it tigers.

What do you guys think of Vigilance On Talos V?

I heard it's like metroid

What's wrong with dosbox, you fag?

Magic Pockets was the shit.

Massive bicycle race, beating the shit out of that big Gorilla with boxing gloves, laser helmet, fun times were had.

Fuck the bubbles

I still replay dune/dune 2 every now and then, nice taste user

That asshole Shaka fortifying one goddamn warrior on a one tile island and it fucking killed my battleship. Like 99 versus fuck 1. Jesus fuck.

Also searching the whole goddamn map for that one sad city founded in the corner of goddamn no where to finally win the game.
Good times, good times. Also the feel of that popup when you discover Invention and know gunpowder and ass kicking is shortly to follow;.

There's a great mod set for Dune II. Let's you drag select units, multiplayer, custom maps, play Saudukar.

You are DIE FUGGER. Thanks, user, I have been looking for that forever!

Oh god, the bicycle race.

Also, the last level with the unkillable bubble you had to outplay to get every item, I spent so many time as a kid trying to actually break it

should i still use dosbox and dfend reloaded for dos games? is there something better this days? its been a while

I can't possibly be the only one that's played it.

Also did anybody make it to Disney World? I was a mere zygote when I played Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure, so that never happened.

LGR does a good Duke Nukem impression, maybe he could replace Jon St John.

Anyone played Gender Wars? That game was pretty fun but I only had a shareware version, its also one of the few games I couldnt run on DOSBox for some reason

No, you weren't, I spent some ungodly amount of time on Crystal Caves as a kid.

I still have that and it's a blast. I don't have floppies anymore, but as the computer has two USB ports, I can still plug my HDD and throw some DOS games whenever I want.

Anyone here ever tried FreeDOS? Is it a good alternative to DOSBox?

Fuck yeah

FreeDos is an OS and has pretty good support for a lot of games and hardware
DosBox is an emulator for DOS
Depends on your setup which one is better

I knew the first game by heart
what was that other one called? where you're some secret agent and you're not on a planet but on a island or something. SAM or whatever was the short name

Been lately playing Theme Hospital and Constructor, both are pretty comfy managerial games unless you have AI's screwing up your houses and you're in deep financial trouble

Does anyone else have more recommendations?

Played this some flight simulator and ducktales all the time.