What MMORPG should I play?

I ain't kiddin'
I want to play ONE MMORPG that I can sink time into.

It has to:
1) Look good (so no Runescape shit)
2) Have a good combat system
3) Have a big, active community
4) Have shit to do with the active community (as in, it's not just a guild chatroom that you read while you do solo shit, you actually engage in group activities with other human beings)
5) Be free to play and not p2w (exceptions allowed if the game is so fucktastically good that it deserves the money, no monthly subscription shit tho)
6) Be fun and good.

Stuff I've tried:

Warframe - very nice, I got kinda bored with it because the game has stretches of time when you don't feel like you're progressing especially because of all the literal content gates between planets. I very often felt like the difficulty of the missions was either way too easy or way too hard.

TERA: Pretty ok but I really felt like the community engagement (doing shit with other people) wasn't really that big of a thing. I could potentially see myself getting back to the game though since playing my loli ninja was enjoyable. Perhaps, if the lategame is good enough to grind for, I'll revisit it.

Blade & Soul (Currently playing): I'm very early on, but I don't see much guild activity going on. Perhaps I'm not looking where I should be but I fear this might turn out to be a lame experience. Very nice combat system though, at least so far it's actually not that bad of a leveling experience.

GW2: Played back when it was Pay to Play. I gotta say, I really don't understand what all the rage was about with this one. The "dynamic combat system" wasn't that dynamic. The game felt slow and it was incredibly repetitive. The stupid platforming puzzles were annoying. I even played with my *real life friends* and got bored with it. I'm definitely not going back to this one since I hear you need to get the expac. to get the FULL EXPERIENCE

You want it to suck your dick too while playing? Maybe have the devs send you cash in real life?

I know that it might be a hard ask but I'd like to play a good video game.

t-thanks for the c-contribution though.

Can I just fuck you instead?

I'm weighing the pros and cons as we speak.
I'll get back to you.
My waifu queue is right over there

ITT OP wants a unicorn.
Just suck it up and play FFXIV for a little while until the urge leaves you.

Okay!

Pick two and only two

as I said, if there's a game that's really good but is pay to play I'm willing to look into it.

I'll take MMO that's fun and good.

Too bad it doesn't exist.

Do we fuck yet?

Play XIV, it's the best MMO that's been made yet

Just play EDF instead. Just as grindy, but actually fun.

You are probably a millennial you fucking idiot.

You are falling for a D&C meme, the thame thit the elite always does.

What the fuck's a millennial?

Check
Double check
3) Have a big, active community
Check community speaks jap though
4) Have shit to do with the active community (as in, it's not just a guild chatroom that you read while you do solo shit, you actually engage in group activities with other human beings)
You have freedom to do that yes
5) Be free to play and not p2w (exceptions allowed if the game is so fucktastically good that it deserves the money, no monthly subscription shit tho)
Check
6) Be fun and good.
Check

I wish I were born in Japan sometimes.
This is one of those times.
Maybe this game will be the opportunity for me to learn Japanese?

Maybe

Doesn't exist right now and maybe never will. Just don't blame the MMO concept like most simpletons are eager to, blame the industry.

For real tho, is the game even accessible/playable from a yuropean country?

I'm a fucking idiot.

looks pretty boring

I'd fuck you user. Then again I'd probably fuck anything.

There are at least two MMO threads up already. Use the catalog newfag.

I think that the problem is that it might take a combination of a lot of money, a large, dedicated team + sub-optimal money making tactics. And high risk.

I don't even want to know what a kickstarted MMORPG would look like, but it could possibly be our only hope.

Probably something like this

Is that poject gorgon? Looks better than the last time I saw it. Are they nearing 1.0 any time soon?

Nice meme except not
I feel like it's necessary to improve the quality of this thread by posting an anime girl. This is in response to your bad post.

actually it would look like this

game is awesome tho

no nigger, what the fuck, also it is getting an update soon today or tomorrow they gonna add a new city for orks and raise skillcap to 70

Not with its combat no.
I can get behind whatever terrible graphics it may have, but combat alone renders it unplayable for me.
Still I wish it the best of luck.

yeah i know combat it's pretty bad, but i still had a lot of fun playing with Holla Forums

Black Desert is pretty much the only thing that comes close to satisfying your demands. It's still p2w since you can sell CS items on the auction house and last I checked it's still B2P but much cheaper than it was at launch. Most people love it at first, but after a few weeks you'll start to notice all of the bullshit.

Mortal Online or Haven and Hearth

EverQuest is great if you can get past the graphics. They're just graphics, and with all that shit you listed, there's no such game. Its rather boring to solo the game IME so get others to play with you. I made a guy when I first started, and played up to around lvl.30. Did this with a necromancer (whom is a great solo class) and ended up getting bored around lvl.30 again

That's mainly because I didn't know what the fuck to do. And it has P2W elements, but its not so excessive to the point they're required

Dragon's Dogma Online.

It's jap F2P, though, meaning there are some P2W elements, but you can't directly pay for them. You pay to gamble for the P2W shit, and the P2W shit is only relevant at lower levels anyway (it's just blatantly OP leveling gear, really).

Don't think that is going to happen in MMORPG's cause they all insist in tab targeting and have levels which makes combat pretty much a case who has the biggest stick.

Black Desert Online
the BDO combat is between C9 and Vindictus so it's fucking awesome(you can disable the targeting system and play like a action game).
but not active, most of them are doing lifeskills like crafting and gathering.
Your communication with other people will be resumed with a "invite to party please?" and after that you will grind for a few hours.
game is 10$ and have a f2p cash shop, there are 7 day trials everywhere.
And if you don't want to play the 10$ there is a private server called Ogrefest being created by some BRs(two servers being hosted in france, one for hues and boludos, others for everyone else)
Thats for you to decide, I've recently came back because my main class finally got their Awakening(like a secondary weapon with new skills) and the new combos and skills are fun, I'll probably stop playing after a few months because if you want to be competitive you need to either pull out the credit card and sell cash shop stuff ingame for silver or grind like a korean.

This alone disqualifies all but runescape, wow, ff14 and eve.
Maybe eve still qualifies, otherwise it's already gg
gg no re

If you relax 3), you could add mabinogi and h&h. If you had a time machine, you could have so many choices though.

Thanks for doing this for me user.

I’m pretty sure boobs don’t work like your picture or mine. They’d be pulled up further, as the tendons are stretched to nearly their full length.
t. someone who has never seen or held boobs

This might sound odd, but how much of the content is soloable?

I heard the secret world was a good mmo.

A tame tit? What did he meant by this? We might never know.

Legion duh

you can solo everything, but as I said, progression is based on how much you can grind.

These boobs are pretty boobie.

I'm pretty sure you should shut the fuck up and post more boobs

i'm assuming he meant "same shit." sage for trash thread

Of course there were alot of bad mmos in the old times as well but since everything is made easier for casuals, it just doesn't feel the same. As much as I want to go back to thoses old years, it'll never happen and mmos will continue to surprise me by how much they can stagnate the genre beyond hope and how I still end up playing them and hoping for the one that will be an actual fun mmo

Wakfu, unless you hate turn based shit.

MMO's with big active communities are like..WoW private servers.

Age of Wushu comes extremely close, but

You get smoked by pay arts until you level up to said pay users' power level', but all the same - by the time you level up to them, they'll be even higher up. The later you start Wushu, the worse it is in power gaps. Plus crafting gaps. Unless they who are #1-2-3 drop their routine, it'll be improbable to hit server's best etc. Plus those who're tops will get all the commissions and dings if the community exists / money exists.

It's a PvP world, so the community's active, however - not exactly sure about how -big- it is.

Pretty much this. For all its flaws, PSO2 has a solid foundation that's kept me playing for years. I've tried quite a few other MMOs since then, but I always end up back on PSO2.

i want to sink my fingers into the soft flesh of those titties

A man of taste and sense. I also nominate Monster Hunter. It looks decent enough, it's actually a good game so you have a fun combat system with tons of options, you can bug the MonHun faggots that hang out here, the game is tons of fun with or without other players, it's free if you're a pirate, and it's hundreds of hours of good fun with lots of room to grow in personal skill, gear, and progress.

Hell, it's even got the shit online community all MMOs have. Go jump into a random multiplayer room and watch as Honhonters ruin your hunts by interrupting everyone at inopportune times and still manage to be the one to use up the team's entire stock of revives, or run up to the quest board, put up something entirely different, and demand that everyone in the room do that quest instead of what the host put up.

Isn't the only Monhun MMO region locked to China? If I've missed something and we can play it in the west now It'll have made my day. Otherwise you're limited to MHFU and MHP3rd on an emulator. There's also the option of playing it on an ACTUAL handheld however I could never justify forking over hundreds of dollars to voluntarily play something on a tiny screen.

bear in mind this game is a 24 hour grind. It's obscene. Want to raise top-level horses to maximize your returns from breeding them? You'll need to run them, at higher levels, for like 48-72 total hours. Want to craft high-level shit? It will take real-life time to craft ships and other shit. etc. i had a lot of fun with it for about two weeks but really, unless you leave your computer on and BDO running literally all day every day, you cannot compete in the markets. also, the combo-button combat sucks turbodick unless you're a controller pleb

really though OP your list is way too demanding. you will not find what you want, period, free or not

You know what I'd want?
something like Mabinogi but less clunky, no P2W shit (I don't care if I have to subscribe or one pament, it keeps , more in depth character creation (something that somehow can't be done properly in current year)

All MMOs out there today are complete garbage in every aspect, you missed the ultima train lad.

Pick one is what you mean.

Why, The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited, of course!

Gundam Online

Technically when it launched it billed itself as an MMO, and with 51v51 battles it's technically not lying

There are none really.

In order for an MMO to be 'successful' (monetarily speaking) it has to have a huge playerbase. Players today have the attention spans of common aquarium fish or pet rats. They don't want to put in time to make their own story, they want to be at the top of the food chain from square one or have the 'growth' period last a good couple minutes.

Modern gamers would rather slave away doing repetitious "microleveling" in the form of ASSFAGGOTS than consecutive leveling for an ultimate goal.

Moving to the second point, in order for an MMO to be popular it must sincerely appeal to the lowest common denominator. This generally means flashy, yet not complex. Because of this, gameplay of MMO's will generally be insanely repetitious even with friends.

Finally we have MMO fatigue and "wallet loyalty". Because gamers nowadays want it 'all right now' they will binge-play until they can't stay up any longer. This generally leads to binge-players leaving after their first long break. "Wallet Loyalty" as I dubbed here is where a gamer has invested money in another game and simply does not want to invest more money into a different game.

Ain't many good options.
Try elysium-wow for a free wow. Its probably the best thing fitting your bill.
There are barely any active MMOs that are not p2w or shit. And this is old school wow, where grouping up was actually kind of good, even for non dungeon shit.

I like how everyone just wants to fuck Samus actually.

I've held and sucked on breasts. Believe me you can still do this and have a bare idea how they work

I'm playing that right now and I'm actually enjoying it so far.

No bully.

Played EVE for a few months. Got bored.

That game has too many unfun elements and fleet combat is perhaps the biggest disappointments I've ever experienced. I don't think the technology exists right now to do what EVE wants to do and have it play out well (huge fleets, sieges on buildings, integrated universe across multiple games, etc)

I want to look like Samus

Who wouldn't want to stick their probe in a /fit/ aryan's breeder hole?

Final Fantasy XI Nasomi private server, until you realize all mmo games are trash and quit

Problem with EVE is that it's really just Risk in space. Combat is pretty boring rock-paper-scissor so most fun you can have is trying to build space empire or being space Jew. It's the kind of game that is only entertaining if you can spend years playing it.

That's why it's disqualified by the 'fun' criterion. Every single individual aspect of eve is the exact same kind of grind that you have mastered after all of 5 minutes at most, but you must repeat it for hundreds of hours per month to get anywhere. The only real group activities you can do are that same grind or 90% tidi blob garbage.

I used to think that maybe I just wasn't giving eve enough time, so I tried it 3 times in total. Every time it's been the same. The bottom line is, eve is a good concept with an absolutely garbage execution.

But what if I don't speak jap?

Honestly there has never been a good MMORPG. The old ones had piss boring combat that was incredibly slow, or it was fast but filled with stupid shit and much of it skyrim-esque (ie: combat felt completely disconnected from anything close to real), crafting systems were always total trash and bordered on brokenly good or completely useless with varying levels of "time to sacrifice six virgins to the RNG gods if I dont want to blow up this next craft attempt"

The stories were either trash with disjointed unconnected events, or a constant stream of shit that never felt like you got any kind of actual resolution to anything. The landscapes, oh sure there were places to "explore" but you only thought that because maps were shitty and you hadnt gotten used to the fact that 99% of the map is just "random area with nothing to do but kill w/e monster type, or pick w/e flower etc, is located there." Just like modern MMOs the overwhelming majority of space might as well be empty.. ESPECIALLY once you hit endgame stuff where in all but half a dozen areas AT BEST are completely devoid of meaning and reason to go there, and thus as the population of a server averages closer and closer to max levels those old zones become more and more lifeless, inhabited only by NPCs the server might as well not even bother loading anymore because who would even know?

Then theres the total lack of player agency in any mmorpg. You can murder the same boar until max level and then go talk to bumfuck god leader NPC number 20304 and he'll treat you as the savior of the world regardless of if you've done anything meaningful. THEN theres also that you're almost always granted your super godly abilities for your class/job/w.e regardless of if you've earned it. Oh sure, some games had "skill" systems to level up abilities but again, they could almost without exception be gamed by casting specific spells over and over, sometimes not even in combat and instead just farting around a town, and wham you're a master of X magic skill hooray you now have super-powerful-finisher, you truly are a master of the craft (of diddling yourself and pressing 2 on your keyboard every 5 seconds)

Sure popular MMOs now like WoW and FF14 have tired boring systems with boring combat where you're just gift wraped the most powerful spells just for being you and grinding pig asses for 20 hours or for completing piss easy quests, lifeless worlds as everyone congregates in 2-3 locations because 90% of the gameworld is a "go there once then you're done" fiasco (even major hubs are like this and might as well just be an AH a vendor to sell trash/repair at/have dialogue options for all the different types of wares all on one NPC a mailbox and a bank and just scrap everything else), crafting that is either brokenly OP or stupidly worthless, zero player agency or ability to be anyone on even your server unless you're bumfuck dps number 12 in *world top 5 guild name here*, little reason to engage anyone outside your own little group in social interaction, and so on and so on

But the thing is, thats no different from how they've ALWAYS been.

Even mmos now that try to have fast paced or more "console" type combat end up falling on their faces because it always ends up with 2-3 combos for each class being "all you need/do" so sure you can do 80 combos but 78 of them are useless or wasted and never used, or they have talent systems that let you pick from an insane variety of builds.. but naturally the player base is always going to gravitate to what works BEST and ignore all else because no one wants to carry the special snowflake through content so they can "play how they want" which ultimately kills any meaning such systems have

Its just… all one giant clusterfuck and always has been. MMORPGs as a genre are dying, and for good reason. They deserve to considering how overblown most of their budgets are while the world feels empty and lifeless, the combat uninspired, the talent/skill systems always end up with a few dominant setups dictating the exclusion of all else, the story never impacted by the players choices or actions, etc etc. They havent gone back to analyzed the core of their games and realized, hey, this just isnt fun and all we're doing is sucking money out of people who need SOMETHING to kill all the empty freetime they have in their lives.. because they havent had to, that model has been profitable. But its quickly losing steam as other games are coming out that offer that same thing but without all the niggles or grinding or shit communities or constant need to keep paying them

Oh simple, you're looking for Ru-
then you aren't going to find any good ones

Welp, FFXIV qualifies for all of those things except for number 5. It has a minimum $13 per month cost.

You're really asking a lot to be getting all that other shit for free.

Because it is, fuck graphics. Go play Ultima Online.

then don't speak in game, there's waypoint markers and they're colour coded so you should be able to figure shit out. especially when there are tutorials to help you in game that even reward you for doing them

Pretty much this post.
Combat in a lot of MMO's alone is enough to turn me away cause I get bored with it.

Hello shill

From the games you listed, I'm guessing you should try AION and Black Desert Online. I'd list more but I'm not sure if you're into isometric games or not since a lot of people including me got sick of em. But honestly MMOs are pretty dead right now and nearly all new development is on mobile these days.

Pso2 and Tree of Savior are far from perfect but seem to be the best in the market right now.
Just waitin on my Elyria.

One with VR

Try elite dangerous OP

Well said. That's one way to look at the mmorpg genre. Combat-wise, I haven't personally seen balanced classes or various skill builds that all had equal potential in any online game so far at least. In one way the idea of playing a game with potentially thousands of players in the same world at the same time was appealing to me back then. MMO's are probably gonna die at some point but I keep wondering if there's gonna be some less-shitty alternative to the massive multiplayer stuff. Other than that, I only have some other games I gotta finish at some point.

isn't that No Man's Sky?
Or are they the same?
I thought E:D was better.

Is Player to Player trade still not a thing?

You could try a WoW private server user.
Maybe play a version of WoW that's much better than retail.
Probably still not the best MMo ever made it's pretty good. Private servers are free too.

OFFICIAL THREAD UPDATE:
I bought a month of FFXIV. 10 bucks seems ok.
Downloading now.
Hope it's good bois

don't play an MMO. All MMO's are glorified clicker games these days. You're better off with a non-vidya hobby, like improving your credentials or investments.

Nice rendition of Mark tbh :^)

Game gives you a lot of freedom and flexibility. You can play it as DMC or as Musou, it's up to you.

Reminder that player to player trade is a thing in PSO2, but nobody uses it since action house/player shop system just works better.

Everyone in their mid thirties and younger

I'd play a metamorph instead.

Vanilla WoW on Elysium or Kronos

There is no such thing as a good MMO right now. This is honestly a record low for the genre. I would like to say it couldn't get any worse, but it's not like there are any promising titles that have been announced.

WoW is the CoD of MMOs.
Asian devs are probably the only ones willing to put in the effort to make good MMOs but their suits in companies are screwing their own customers.

The only good part about Blade & Soul is the PVP and people complaining on NA servers about how dead the community is and how much better the Korean server is. Go Destroyer and spin to win.

I enjoyed the start of this game, but holyshit did it get boring fast.

There's no MMO that matches all of these. If you're willing to drop 'big, active community' and perhaps 'Look good' and can preferably bring some friends with you then GW1.

None.

FF14 is probably the best MMO out there. And it isn't many of those. And it's not amazing or anything.

Video games suck.

MapleRoyals.

I want to agree with you, but last I checked, which was earlier today, registration is temporarily closed.

Fuck, now I wanna play that again. The music is so good.

If you were born in japan you would have already killed yourself.

you need to leave

Try Mabinogi I guess.

It looks kinda dumb (and the ad seems like kid shit), but it has a good combat system (it's combat where you actually have to choose your abilities carefully moment-to-moment instead of mashing a button to win - it's great fun watching those noobs get rekt by mobs 10 levels lower than them and rage how game is broken because all they do is mash the same attack but somehow they keep losing) and there is a lotta group shit you can do and it's fairly fun until you get tired of the ginormous fucking character grind. I think it has some P2W crud though. Haven't played it in years though since I got tired of the grind once the novelty of gameplay wore off. I think they have a lot of campaign stuff now though. Graphics look dumb though. I'm mainly recommending it because of the superior combat system and the fact that it's entertaining until you get sick of grinding but I guess with the campaigns it should keep you going much longer.

Community should be active I think.

Someone born from 1980-2000, but it's a bullshit term because kids unless you're a very very late millenial you grew up without internet so it's dumb to group them together

Fuck off back to 4chan. btw kindly check this 6