I have a TV 4k and HDR

I have a TV 4k and HDR

Wich is better?

Other urls found in this thread:

logicalincrements.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Well what do you have now? Also PC is your best bet performance wise. Only reason to get PS4 is if you want all the weeb exclusives. Also never get an xbone, it has nothing going for it.

i'll go with the pc route except skip the i7, and stick with the same cpu unless its that fucking bad.
the ps4 pro isn't that hot in terms of exclusives and great looking games

Wait to see how the new AMD chips perform. (((Intel))) supported Sarkeesian and other pro feminist shit. Even then, Steam and Gaben would fuck you in the ass, until pirates can find a way to constantly crack Denuvo jew shit.

Nothing really worth it at the moment, except weeb exclusives (and those weeb games fucked by feminists and cucks doing the translating, cause feminists are triggered by Japan)

(((Microsoft))) is a SJW company. They gave free shit to Ahmed, the clock boy, the lying Muslim faggot. Not to mention the other shit they did with XBox One and spying on you through Windows 10. They'll find a way to re-implement the spying. That's what jews do.

tl;dr

Stay out of Vidya. Liberals, niggers, and jews ruined it.

I have nothng, i sold my old PC gamer with I5 ivy bridge and GTX 970, i sold my old 1080p TV and I sold my PS3 to buy this TV 4k

I only use my TV 4k for videos and emulators now.

Maybe I will need to wait to complete my PC gamer in the end of the year, maybe i will first buy a I7 6600k and a good motherboard, memory DDR4 and in the end a Nvidia GTX 1080 or GTX 1070

So did AMD.

Maybe i will complete my PC in the end of the year and maybe I will buy AMD instead of Intel if their chips perform are better.

Might as well recommend him PS3 lol.

4k is a marketing meme, I'd say avoid consoles like the plague and wait for new GPUs, PS4 isn't 4k and has no games, Scorpio will be 4k but will have no games. PC is your best bet every time.

Why?

I wanted to have one of the best 4k TV with HDR and good for games and I wanted to change from 1080p to 4k in a bigger TV, but I think is best for you people still in 1080p if you don't have money to buy 4k now.

They wont be, we already know AMDs highest performance chips are going to be competing with Skylake performance wise. I can imagine they'll be a hell of a lot cheaper though and AMD plans on keeping them on the market for another 4 years in the wake of diminishing returns on CPU performance. But if you aren't a poorfag and demand performance, get Intel. Literally NO high-end workstations or laptops in the high price brackets are being sold with AMD shit right now except for Macbooks. Maybe that will change, but only when AMD finally gets their shit together

user, we all want AMD to be Great Again so Intel can get off their lazy fucking asses after they've settled into monopoly. But AMD is shit

The Gaystation 4 Pro does not output actual 4k. It's all upscaled.
I say save up towards the 1080, I think you might get more than 30 fps at 4k with it and you still can play all the games instead of a disappointingly small library of rererereleased PS4 exclusives.

Cost isn't really the issue of 4k, it's the cost for such a small gain that's the issue, if I went to 4k I'd have to buy a new GPU with 4x the power of my current GPU just to get the same level of visual fidelity and performance whereas as my current setup, and I don't believe such a GPU exists at the current point in time, I just don't like the idea of wasting money like that, plus 4k is going to go down faster and faster each year and become higher quality every year, when I can get a 4k 27 inch monitor for $400 in my country then I will upgrade but unless a mid range GPU is 12 Tflops I'm going to downscale most of my games to 1080.

Well cost is the issue but I mean I can afford it I just see it as a waste of money, shop smart fams.

I'd say 1440p is a good high end resolution right now.

What said. Modern PC games are far more GPU-intensive than CPU-intensive. Unless you're doing high-end emulation (PS2, Wii U) or non-gaming activities, i7 would be a waste of money compared to an even stronger GPU. Here's a decent-ish guide on builds for various budgets:
logicalincrements.com/

Back to 4chan you go

PS4 Pro's extra hardware is just for 4K? It won't run any games better at 1080p?

Multiplayer games usually are far more CPU heavy. Also they are starting to make use of more cores since BF4 came out with mantle and thanks to the fact all three the consoles use AMD CPU,which use it far more ,and the ported games. The new dude sex seems to be CPU heavy.

I'm not a sonygger but damn stop linking this shit

It's not even 4k most of the time, and typically comes at the expense of the performance, meaning some updated games paradoxically perform worse on the better hardware.

Their current line up of GPUs is pretty great for the price.
By all available reports and analysis, Ryzen is shaping up to be great too. Depending on the price tag, it might be a better option than Intel for most gaming builds.

If you go with the pc route, don't get an i7 cpu unless you are into video editing and that stuff. Get a overclockable i5, a good motherboard, and either a 1070 or a 1080 if you have the money. If you get the ps4 pro then you won't have much to play with since most stuff now is multi-plat. X Box One is a joke, if you have Windows 10 then you can get everything on their with better preformance.

If I were you, I would get a pc with an i5 and a 1070, and if you have the money get a used regular ps4.

Prove it.

They made some statement about diversity in the tech industry. That's all I could find and that's what every single retard brings about when someone says something bad about Intel.
Maybe there is more to it, let's wait for
to back his words.

Console games aren't written like (good) PC games, the games need to have rewrites patched in to take advantage of faster hardware (just like fan patches to take advantage of "overclocked" emulators). The effects of PS4P/XBOneS patches vary between higher (often still sub-4k) resolution, higher FPS caps, less slowdown, more effects, or some combination, sometimes user-configurable. Most, however, are just a mandatory bump in resolution without any user configuration.

Unless the architecture of games changes tremendously (higher precision floats, branchier code, etc.), DX12/Vulkan aren't going to benefit much from CPU cores, since GPUs are still hundreds of times faster in terms of raw GFLOPS/$.

Feels bad man

Ryzen won't just be good in and of itself, it will also force Intel to lower prices on new chips, and (much like Polaris/Pascal for GPUs) push down prices on older (especially used) stuff.

Depends on the game. Most run in compatibility mode, so exactly as good or bad as they run on a launch PS4.
Some just have a little more stable framerate, some run with the detail levels cranked up a notch or two, some have higher res only on 4k TVs and some render at higher res even when you're using a 1080p TV look up supersampling, 4k or whatever res the game renders downsampled to 1080p can sometimes look better than output in 4k
It's quite a clusterfuck now in the transitioning period where devs are experimenting with different options and it'll be the same on Xbone Scorpio.

Honestly, between the console options just choose which controller you like more. DS4 is finally a PS controller that feels good while Xbox controllers have gone downhill nonstop since the days of the legendary Duke if you ask me… but I don't have your hands, so the Xbone pad might better fit yours.

If you go for a PC, do not buy anything now. Intel can't get more expensive even if Zen bombs, and it doesn't look like it would bomb. Just wait a little until they're out. Maybe they're as good as rumored, maybe even better for stuff like emulation that never gets benchmarked or advertized. Or maybe they're shit, we'll see. Whatever the case, Intels CPUs won't get more expensive as they're already jewing as many shekels for mere quadcores as they can: those prices could fall pretty deep quite soon if Zen performs as expected.

It can. The lowpass filters out noise while preserving the signal. Artificial "sharpness" from jaggies isn't preferable to a cleaner image, especially when the upscaling method used for 4k output can introduce its own new artifacts like for example checkerbox rendering does.

4K is a meme for the time being, but I already have a 1080 so I can play DOOD at 2160p native once displays that hit 2000 nits are actually on the market. The fact that I'm already considering SLI to get a stable 4K 60 scares me.

Do you know what Nits are? Do you know why they're important? Do you realize neither games nor movies are actually made for/in 4K and your basically getting the benefits of better rendering and colorspace, not resolution?

If not, don't bother looking into 4K. Even if you DO, wait until HDR isn't a clusterfuck due to inadequate light outputs in razor thin LCD scrrens. HDR is awesome, but how good it looks directly depends on the actual light output of the TV, which means and none of the shit released before 2017 was even close to ready.

It's upscaled yes. But to Sony's credit their Checkerboard Upscaling bullshit is pretty clever and basically maps static stuff perfectly via temporal block interpolation. I honestly wish my GPU could pull tricks like that off.

I also like weebshit. Announce a date for Yamuza Kiwami and I'm pretty much done for.

Pic related. Microsoft is cutting their looses and the console has fuck-all for games going forward.

I'd buy a Switch before I so much as thought about a Scorpio, and that's fucking sad.

I hope this issue gets resolved by march then. I wouldn't mind buying a pro for a more stable experience, but it looks like it can't consistently offer that.

Are people buying 4k meme machines for a handful of netflix content?

Guys he said he's not a sonygger so he clearly isn't a butthurt one.

In spite of the lagginess and poor FPS selection that plagues HDTVs as opposed to monitors, I've been drooling over OLEDs since they dropped below $1k. I've heard that one of the biggest flaws with OLED (aside from lifespan, which I mostly don't care about) is that they can't really do HDR properly.

Anybody got the straight dope on current OLEDs?

DO NOT buy ps4 pro. I bought used PS4 with bunch of games with the same price and I got 4K tv too. Gotta buy new Digimon game and Nioh next.

There are precisely ZERO display devices of any type that do HDR properly. No, not even the highest end displays used for mastering come even close to the specs defined for HDR.
VR is a more mature technology than HDR.
Now, if you don't give a shit about money and are just asking yourself what displays are the best among those available and soon obsolete another question arises: Will you use it mostly in the dark or in broad daylight? OLEDs have pretty good black levels and don't suffer from halos around bright objects as LCDs with local dimming do, so, from a purely technical perspective, they're better. But better precision in dark areas doesn't help if you want to game outside of a darkroom, so LCDs with their higher peak brightness are better than OLEDs in bright environments, as all precision in dark areas means fucking nothing if the precision is where you can't see shit.

TLDR: Don't fall for the HDR meme, it's not ready for market yet. If you fall for it, choose according to your typical usage scenario. Broad daylight -> LCD, darkroom -> OLED.
Oh, and check the input lag before buying, many 4k HDR TVs are so slow they're practically unusable for gaming.

what a dumb piece of shit

You are a fucking retard, eat a bullet

Anyone here have thoughts about running 2 180s vs 1 titan? With the one titan you don't get benefit of SLI, and have read some developers are waiting for price of titan to come down to really start gearing shit toward it.
The 2 1080s going to being my cost to almost $5k, but what it is as is.

PC elitists will have to chill one day and see their power rigs are nothing compared to kids and their toasters, plenty of games are being dumbed down

Let's just assume for the sake of charity that he's driving some kind of insane quintuple 1440p165 surround battlestation with it.