DO NOT BUY RESIDENT EVIL 7 REMINDER

DO NOT BUY RESIDENT EVIL 7 REMINDER

The grandma is Eveline.

The guy at the end says "I am Redfield", but some germans in stream chat are saying it's Hunk. Not sure why he would be mentioning the name Redfield then, but whatever.

This nongame is hot fucking garbage. A walking spooky simulator, possibly worse than even the games that inspired it. Even worse than RE4-6 and I hate those awful turds. The environments have a nice budget and that's it. Everything else is standard fare you're used to from all the other trash. This is not a Resident Evil game. This is not something new or great. Do not believe their lies.

This thread has to be made because this shit will have one of the higher attach rates for users on this shitty board (you're the same faggots buying Besthesda garbage everytime) and if we can reduce that number by even a few it will be worthwhile. It also has denuvo so higher chance of you stupid fucks buying it.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!hgMF2JrR!qmabi9GKAHzzGfReVMccVN7OBWhNkwBuJaX_Kx8-_Wg
store.steampowered.com/stats/
hitbox.tv/BinaryGhosts
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I want a furry bf tbh

No

What if I don't care about Resident Evil and just want a first person horror game that isn't fucking indie garbage?

I think this image just woke something up inside of me.

Don't worry, i won't. In fact i don't buy any games.

codex astartes?

I don't give a shit about spoilers since I'm not a bethsedtard, for fucks sakes i'm the guy who coined 'boston salt party' here. I only care if it's not like RE4-6 and if it's closer the classics. After watching the a leak I think it's a yes. I will say the monster design sucks ass though.

You're just fucking butt hurt that it doesn't have waifus.

you choose which waifu dies for good or bad ending

the loli is the last boss who is the grandma the whoke time

theres nothing like the classics to be found

its streambait with higher budget and cutscenes

Cant wait for my favorite Youtubers Pewdiepie and Markiplier to play this xd

I know that. Since I saw it. Infact I'm probably the 'german' because you linked said stream in another thread here on Holla Forums. I mentioned it in the stream since I remembered on of re3 epilogues was about HUNK, 'redfield' fits that the description than swole chris.

Too late, already pre ordered it for $30. LOL

One of those cd key sites?

Fuck off, moron.

BIOHAZARD 7 HAS DENUVO IN IT, IT EVEN TELLS YOU ON THE PAGE FOR THE GAME

DO NOT SUPPORT ANY DEVELOPER WHO WOULD SUPPORT DENUVO

You're going to get AAA garbage, user.

you're a big guy

(You)

4U

He's a butthurt RE classic fan, I'm one too but I will fully admit RE4 was good, even great. Just not resident evil. However i think re7 will tingle my item management austims, and the chem mechanic has won me over. However that's probably my shit tastes talking, I recommend you find a leaked stream and form your own opinions. Or just wait for it the DRM to be cracked.

This is a surprisingly rational statement

I'll watch it on youtube

I like your post, user.

Even the Youtube vids for this are pure cancer.

Then again it does look like pure 2spoopy facecam faggot bait.

I wasn't going to buy it but you convinced me otherwise.

It's a giant pile of shit but this latest game makes even it look good.

I could have told you that when it came out that it was like 5 hours long. Imagine all of the normalshits actually paying $60 for that. Disgusting.

What the fuck is with this store page title?

It's 15 hours long, you fucking mong

BIOHAZARD is the name it's known by in Japan, so I guess it's just [Western Title]/[Japanese Title].

The subtitle of the game is the game's title in the other region. So in the West it is Resident Evil 7: Biohazard, and in Japan it is Biohazard 7: Resident Evil, and Capcom puts both titles on the store page so both Nips and Westerners can find it on Steam, so the effect is that, in this case, it lists each title twice, and since each title contains two titles, it has four fucking titles. I mean, I can understand it, but it doesn't make it right.

Honestly from what I hear the biggest problem with this game is that the Resident Evil name feels incredibly tacked on.

I could tell you that just by the trailers. Anyway we don't have to buy it, you could always go to a redbox and rent it for like 2 bucks and return it that same day or next day if you don't like it.

If I ever do decide try it out that's probably what I'm going to do.

OP is fag

But i think this game was made mainly for VR.

Considering it looks more like nuCondemned than any RE game, I can't say i'm fucking surprised.

RE4 is a bad game when comparing to first three RE games.
But its pretty fucking good when comparing to the rest of the series.

I MUST KNOW
IS WESKER ACTUALLY ALIVE
THE LEAKED PLAYTHROUGH DIDN'T EVEN REFERENCE HIM
CAN I DELETE RE5 FROM MY HDD
AM I BEING DETAINED

AM I FREE TO GO

Preaching to the choir here buddy.

Honestly I'm wondering if people shitting on RE4 have terminal shit taste or not.
I mean I agree with people that say it's without a doubt the game that is responsible for the shift from survival-horror to third person shooter and they have every right to hate it for it. But people saying it's a shit game on its own are either sony fags who are lost as soon as a TPS isn't a cover based yawnfest cinematic experience or simply suck cock on a daily basis. It's one of the best games in its genre and yet it sits at the complete opposite of Max Payne or Vanquish, if I were to draw any parallels it would be like God Hand which managed to be an excellent brawler with tank controls because everything in the game in designed around it.

DO YOU HAVE A WARRANT

It's just not resident evil. It's fine though on its own.

It's disappointing but people don't care anymore. E-celebs excrete and the normalfags eat. Even RE7, which is short as all manner of dick, is being eaten up by these people. They're willing to pay full price for a few hours of game.
Sometimes I wonder if I missed something. Like I was away when they changed the rules.

AM I BEING DETAINED

Rude! I do pirates bethesda games because loli mods and bouncing tits. that's it. didn't pirate f4 tho, i am an old fag and have too much respect for the original franchise

I caught you doing 72 in a 55.

Why do we, as a community, tolerate this childish bullshit?

Holla Forums go and stay go

You'd have a point if he was wrong.

Oh, I'm sorry. I wasn't aware that 8/v/ became some sort of echo-chamber or hivemind that it constantly mocks and ridicules other online communities of being.

I thought we were supposed to be better than that.

My mistake.

The question is what makes a resident evil game a resident evil game?
Just barbecue the tittle says it is, does that mean the game has the essence of the series?

If I baked a cake and called it a soup, does that make it a soup? No it doesn't. I'm sure we have all heard the phrase "rose by any other name would smell as sweet". This is because the name of something is not a part of the essence of that thing. Name are accident not essence.
Just because it is called Resident Evil, Resident Evil 4 doesn't necessarily have the essence of Resident Evil.

Now, how about characters? Are characters essence or accident? Well, Chris Redfield is in Project X Zone, does that make Project X Zone a Resident Evil game? No it doesn't.
We can also have a Resident Evil game that doesn't have Chris in it, so at the very least we can say that Chris as a character is not part of the essence of the game. To my recollection, no character has appeared in all the resident evil games that are in the same vein as the first 3, so it can be said that characters are not of the essence.
So just because Dissident Evil 4 stars Leon it doesn't mean it has the essence of resident evil

If we look at the resident evil franchise, chronologically speaking then Resident Evil 4 lacks much of the essence of the prior Resident Evil games gameplay wise. Most notable being the lack of the clunky controls that were resulted in an element of the horror.

This might come to a surprise considering what I just argued but on a personal level I fucking hated the resident evil games before 4. Indeed every time I try to play the early Resident Evil games I find myself having no fun at all.

that's a lot of words to say RE7 is an Outlast clone with the Resident Evil name slapped on it

I still had RE4 iso on my HDD, decided to install for the nth time. The game is hot garbage. I was retarded once, thought this game was fun enough to play to completion. I just stopped being retarded. The game is shit, there's no ways around it. Sorry. Some people just love carrots on sticks, some like eating shit.

You are overthinking this.

It was clear since the very first trailer was released years before the game released that Resident Evil 4 was going to be a major departure from the established series. They had every reason to change things up from a business standpoint: Resident Evil 0's sales were in the toilet, and it was clear that the audience was tired of the same old game repolished and with a new coat a paint with and added feature or two.

You know, the very same reason why many on Holla Forums think that game series like Pokemon or Mario is shit? Same reason.

Years later, they came out with the Resident Evil 4 that everyone but the most stringent purist (read: autist) loved. It was a critical and financial success, and it was a good game on it's own right.

Furthermore, it was a Resident Evil game. Yes, it was. It retained enough familiar game mechanics and thematic elements to feel like a Resident Evil game, yet was a new, unique, and refreshing experience that was fun on it's own right.

And here you are, using analogies quoting Shakespeare to elaborate on why Resident Evil 4 "isn't a Resident Evil game."

The fact of the matter is that it is. Capcom said so. Too easy.

Literally the only connection to the RE series I have seen so far is the ending.

That's pretty much why people are calling it out as not a RE Game.

Can you prove i was driving?

That game is fun tho.
i got that game to 100% and the Expansion.

The first Resident Evil 0 out sold the first Resident Evil Code Veronica, with the combined sales of each of their original and their remake being a mere .09 million.

If you're such a shithead that you won't even play the free demo or that you've never played any of the other first person resi games, then you shouldn't be making threads on it.

I'm not even confident in 7 being a good game but I'm not gonna make shit up about it.

Differnece between the combined sales of each of their original and their remake being a mere .09 million in Code Veronica's favor

code veronica isn't a resident evil game.

silent hill is a resident evil game.

We still got 2 days to save you all from a massive mistake. We should in fact have a grief recovery thread for the people who inevitably couldn't control themselves after all is done.

DONT DO IT

My post was mainly for people who said Resident Evil 4 is a shit game period. It's a bad Resident Evil game when you look at 1-3+CV, sure, but my point was that saying the game itself is bad is delusion or just plain shit taste.

me too

holy shit, is this supposed to be a boss?

And this is the ending.

Yanno I hate how to convince people of shit we now rely on memetics. Everything needs to be a burst of information through video/sound for them to take it in.

I'd like to ask you for an in-depth argument against the game and why I shouldn't buy it. It has gunplay, survival mechanics and actual inventory management. all I know is that this looks like a solid survival horror rather than anything that was released beforehand, and I'm waiting for SCORN.

I doubt he's played Dead Aim/Survivor and thinks all of this is brand new and a disgrace to the series

Hunk Redfield was such a fan of Wesker, he went back and located where he drop his Samurai Edge handgun that he dropped in the fucking plane, and named in Albert-01.

It's a walking simulator. You move and try not to get killed. It has an inventory screen. Lots of games out there like this. It's your standard run off the mill game. There is no in-depth argument for something I haven't played but there wouldn't be much to talk about. The game is thin that much I can tell from having watched the 60%~ of the game to the ending. If you enjoy eating shit you will continue to do so.

It's not Resident Evil. Our only remaining salvation before we die will be the RE2 remake which is not set in stone yet to be the 'remake' we jerked off to.

This is exactly what every survival horror is, What the fuck? This also goes for all the other, older RE's too. This has to be the shittest reason for not getting a game i've seen in a long time

Have we found the CWC of resident evil?

This is what people actually believe in current year.

Reminder that jews invented video games

Why are you still clinging to the walking simulator accusation? It clearly isn't a walking simulator like PT or Gone Homo so you should probably just change that to "It's in first person which has never been done before in the series except for 3 other games (not including the rail shooters)"

Your extreme counter-shilling is really suspicious when you can't use valid points to reinforce your claims.

Maybe he works for Konami and is about to tell us how great Pachinko is.

Yes we (((invented))) all the good things, goy.

Nah, RE4 is the first game in the series to have good gameplay.

Up until that point, Survival Horror meant Puzzles + Spooky atmosphere + Shit Combat. Remove the Shit Combat and it's not really Survival Horror anymore, it's more Action Horror which in my opinion is a good thing.

The trailer I saw made it look like outlast

Reminder that muh immershun faggots ruined a popular series because it was popular, and handed it down to wannabes and SJWs.

Elitism leads to socjus. Games are meant to have fun, not to elevate oneself. That's for eternal losers whose empty space inside will never be filled.

The trailer I saw showed no monsters. The whole situation feels like house of 1000 corpses in that you are the "guest" of an insane family who are (possibly?) infected.

Reminder that nobody "ruined" the series except capkike, who, like every other series they get their hands on, they drive into the ground.

Nothing says IMMERSIVE GAMEPLAY like fighting a dude on a car parked in a garage. Jesus games are art now!

This. The only fear on re2 was walking around a corner and into a zombie knowing the controls won't let you react well. Another price that kept me fucked up as a kid was the fixed camera. How many times I walked into a zombie while going from camera to camera ill never know.

This is weird. Is that guy a celebrity on Holla Forums now because of a cool post?

I can't stop watching that gif

Did you reply to yourself?

Capcom made one mistake, they listened to idiots like you. Fans become a liability, when internal dynamics in their group become more important than making valid products.

Now please continue sperging about REmake being the best of all, and everything else is turds because muh immershun. You've killed a franchise that started when you weren't even born.

They didn't listen to anyone except their board of directors who saw that the move from tradional shit-tier survival horror gameplay to a more action-oriented hybrid combination saw massive success, and then made the fatal mistake of doubling down and going full action for 5 and 6 instead of sticking with 4's winning formula.
Sales are the only thing that matters.
Meaningless word salad.
Point to the post where I said anything about REmake.
Feel free to point to the post where I mentioned immersion, while you're at it.
Nope, that was the investors.
I was 8 when RE was released, and I owned it that year.

Nice non-argument, though.

Now I don't know what to think because your tastes are obviously hot shit.

old man, are you confused as to where you are?

Post an mp4 faggot.

preordered. gonna cry? ;)

Post mp4, wtf is with the webm format? Why is that the popular one out of the two?

That has to be the most retarded boss fight I've ever seen, who thinks of this shit?

Weren't 5 and 6 huge financial successes? I bet the shareholders are happy you're not on the board

Its your money, you are pissing away. Just don't tell us it ain't like pic related.

RE6 didn't meet their sales expectations and was considered a failure, so no

Not exactly, when you consider they cranked the budget to the moon (estimates are 80-100mil for each).

4 was basically on a shoestring budget, a combined total of 3.6 million dollars for the GC+PS2 version, and also didn't have a proper PC port until recently. Meanwhile 2 had a nearly 5 million budget and that was EIGHT YEARS before 4, so adjusting for inflation from 98 to 05, that's roughly 6 million, so almost twice as much was spent on 2 over 4.

Both would have sold significantly better had they stuck with 4's formula with 5 and 6's insane budgets, and if 4 had been given a proper PC port out of the box.

I would have never gone after the cowadooty dudebro audience with 5 and 6, and wouldn't have chased the kiddie jack-in-the-box streambait craze with 7, but hey, who's to say how that would have turned out.

Scratch the 2 and 4 budgets. 2 is even smaller than that. Capkike spent $1.5 million on a single commercial for RE2, and that is said to have exceeded the budget for the entire game.

I'm not sure about that, but I do know the major issue for RE6 was they wanted retention. They were planning an ass load of dlc for it to nickel and dime folks but people just played the campaign and never played it again.

'kay.

You meant to say

RE2 has some major fucking holes.

REmake is alright. RE0 is the better standard.

Forgot the obligatory MEGA link;

mega.nz/#!hgMF2JrR!qmabi9GKAHzzGfReVMccVN7OBWhNkwBuJaX_Kx8-_Wg

Agreed. RE4 was the best gameplay, it was still atmospheric scary but you could actually fight back. Shooting an axe away from one being chucked at your face for instance. The other previous REs like 1 2 and 0 were more like tense puzzle games. After 4 the series went full action hero and went to shit.

You're a celebrity now because of those sweet quads in your ID.

I just can't agree. There was never a point where I felt scared or helpless, I always felt in control. In a horror game you don't want the player to constantly feel like they're in control of the situation.

And that attitude is why we have nothing but Penumbra clones in current year+2 for the horror genre.

You can throw a player against overwhelming odds or into a situation that feels insurmountable in any game and it doesn't magically become a horror game, that's a pretty poor standard to define the genre

Resident Evil 4 is not survival horror. It's a somewhat unique TPS meets Diabolo where hordes of brain dead Spaniards piñatas line up for you to empty magazines into them over and over. It's such a boring game but people are too busy eating shit on a stick to think about what they're doing in minute to minute game play.

It doesn't "define the genre", it's just one of the aspects of it. If I feel completely in control and like nothing can stop me, what am I scared of?
Obviously there's more to a horror game than that however.

Name a good horror game that didn't do what I said.
We have nothing but penumbra clones because developers are overwhelmingly shit and don't play video games.

get out nigger

What the fuck is going on?

Why is this garbo franchise popular again? Cute girls shooting zombies?

I havent given a shit about a RE game since 4. Whats this kerfluffle about 7 and the ending? Does anyone have links to this leaked stream?

donuts

DUNK

How is 3 a gears simulator?

I'm sure the many people who liked it would disagree, but that's not important.
If shooting people is boring, breaking pinatas is boring and Diabolo is boring, What exactly do you enjoy? What makes a good videogame?

I meant 4-6 obviously

4 is nothing like gears you turbo nigger

obviously

It's a video game, what are you scared of at all? A failure state? Vidya horror lives and dies on feedback to the character: visual design, sound design, disturbing concepts behind your actions. "Atmosphere" is a pretty weak word for it but it's not wrong, if you took away the "atmosphere" of most horror games and did a little redressing they'd stop being scary

Alternatively, name a good one that does

Then I guess horror as a concept can't exist in a video game then ey faggot?
Name one game that was truly "scary" that did so entirely by those things then. I'm sure it won't be hard.

Resident Evil 2. Clock Tower SNES. Fatal Frame. Now answer my question lad.

It depends on the person. I can't get scared by horror games, because I am too aware that it's just a game.

I clearly said it can as long as it's able to suspend the player's disbelief through the use of atmosphere, although I understand reading is hard

If you feel like you're not totally in control when you're playing a game as an action movie hero I don't know what to tell you
Not scary

Alright son, I'll sit you down and explain it to you like a child, since I did ignore the ONE line in your post I didn't think needed any further addressing

Take Silent Hill, take away the low draw distance. Light all of the stages well, take away the fog, change the textures so everything isn't bloody or rusty or decaying. Change the music and sound effects to something out of Banjo-Kazooie and replace the enemy models with bunnies and butterflies or something. Don't change the way the inventory works, don't change the gunplay or the melee combat, don't rework the level geometry, keep the key-finding puzzles, but take away all of those aesthetic concerns, and it stops being a horror game, even though you haven't done anything to the game mechanically. All that's really left that's horror is the story and the way the riddles are worded but even then it would barely take any effort to rewrite what little text there is in the game and all traces of horror are gone

So you have two games, one's the original Silent Hill, one's my Frankenstein child-friendly version, and one of them is horror and one isn't, even though I haven't changed the way game works at its core or the way you'd play it. So it's fair to say, in some circumstances, you could make a game horror or not make a game horror purely through non-core game elements like visual and sound design even if there's nothing on a mechanical level that should be stressful or frightening

So are you going to answer the question or aren't you?

Are you actually retarded?

So you are actually retarded

So is 8ch apparently because there was an image attached there

I asked the fucking question way back here and this faggot has been jumping through hoops to avoid answering it. The only way it would rule out his argument is if he was fucking wrong. Very simple question lad.

If you're able to write yourself a fucking thesis on atmospheric horror with no horror-based gameplay elements and are so certain of it, then why are you unable to give a single example of a game doing that?

But that DOES do the things that I said. After all, I was the one who fucking listed that game. Answer the question:

Literally the second sentence has the game title of the example I used, this is fucking pointless. You're either just being petulant because you can't stand being wrong or you are actually an idiot

Makes the player feel powerless THROUGH ARTISTIC MEANS, not mechanically, the game is incredibly easy even on the highest difficulty and there's practically no inventory limitation. Jesus Christ

doubt.png
I could agree that perhaps 80% of the game isn't very scary, but there's some good points where you feel much more powerless. The fear is removed in later playthroughs, of course.

So your example is a theoretical game that does not exist? your example is Silent Hill if you changed everything about the game and made it not Silent Hill? Name a fucking game faggot.

No. No it doesn't. It does the thing I said, and you're very upset that you're unable to name a game that supports your point so you resorted to creating a theoretical game that would do it.

Which parts made you feel powerless? I honestly don't remember any. I remember feeling a bit spooked at the part where you're hunted by Salazar's insect guy, but I fuckin annihilated him.

I understand you don't read but I already answered this in the last post, you can reread it if you want.

Silent Hill. It does horror artistically, not mechanically. This can be demonstrated by removing the artistic elements since it stops being horror when you do that. I really can't make it simpler than this, I think this is just over your head

Then date an italian.

The problem there is how you can make the player feel powerless without sacrificing quality of life improvements. It was easier to feel powerless in Resi 1-3 because of the tank controls, 4 and 5 are still a bit "stiffer" than 6 still and from there on you basically never feel like you're really surrounded due to all the movement options you get. Ranting aside, the only other way I can think off the top of my head to make players feel powerless is to REALLY limit ammunition and consumables, making them feel like there is never enough ammo to kill all enemies or like there aren't enough healing supplies to get through so many close calls.

The problem is that your question is entirely subjective. You can reject any game he proposes as "good horror" that doesn't stick to your powerless trope, and he can reject any game you propose that does.

Having subjective opinions in an argument is fine, but when you use that as the lynch pin for your entire argument and pose it in a way where the answer must be satisfied to your highly specific and subjective taste, or they "lose" the argument is intellectually dishonest and frankly, boring as fuck.

You did not. Silent Hill, objectively, gives a sense of powerlessness through its gameplay, which is my point. Your point is that a game can be a horror game without any powerlessness on the part of the player due to gameplay means, and you've listed "Silent Hill" as your example but then gone on to say that you're talking about a theoretical Silent Hill that doesn't exist.

But that game does not exist. Silent Hill stops being horror when you remove its gameplay elements too, and even if we did remove the gameplay elements, that would not be a point because such a game does not exist, it's theoretical.

You can make it simpler by naming a game that does not have powerlessness through gameplay but which conveys horror and scares purely through its artistic prowess. The best you'd be able to do would be jump-scares like FNAF, THAT is the point you're supporting here.

That's what Resident Evil and Silent Hill have consistently done. You have to make combat and gunning shit down a choice that drain valuable resources, and you have to give the player the sense in every confrontation that 'I may need these more later".

What's the definition of an artistic element and a mechanical one then? Because a lot of the things that cause stress to players in Silent Hill are equal parts a mechanic and artistic elements.

It objectively doesn't, and if you think it does, you haven't played it. Ammunition is incredibly plentiful even on hard mode, inventory space isn't limited, and any enemy that isn't airborne can be taken out with the overpowered melee combat. The only reason you feel powerless is because your brain is tricking you into feeling stressed, not because playing the game is actually stressful. Didn't bother reading the rest of your post, no reason to.

The save system in RE is a good example, tying the number of times you can save to a real physical resource that has to be collected and managed like everything else was genius, because it's a part of the game most people would like to abuse and it's something that can really be a problem for you long-term if you make poor decisions on the spot. I would have thought the line between artistic elements and mechanical elements was pretty clear, the sound effects for example are purely an artistic element outside of the audio cues for enemy attacks.

Yeah but I'm asking because in Silent Hill some things are more about the in-universe rules, which are the artistic vision then being brought to life THROUGH the game's mechanics, monsters don't actually see you when your light is off, but this is never explicitly explained in-depth to the player and most of the time places are too dark to navigate without a flashlight. You place stress on the player by making them manage such a vital mechanic (visibility control), this is equal parts a thing that plays into the artistic view of Silent Hill, a city clouded by fog, low visibility and hallucinations, into a game mechanic which is enemy aggro and attention range. You could say the artistic idea is good and therefore it's an artistic merit, or you could say the gameplay implementation is good and so it's a good art concept but the mechanic itself is what is praise-worthy, either way I don't think you can find an example of something scary purely off of artistic merit.

I'll admit that's retarded enough to make me want to at least play that one part.

I mean goddamn what the
FUCK
is going on here
It's like watching The Room.

I mean the mechanics of the movement would make a great boss, he's faster then you and you have to dodge well and take advantage of the small room to get him to crash so you can get a few hits in while he's stunned, but it just looks goddamned ridiculous.

Is this a parody

Is it not? I was pretty sure they mentioned it

The visibility thing is a fair point but I don't think it totally holds water. First of all I think most people would have a pretty frightening experience with the game on a first playthrough without ever deliberating whether the flashlight should be turned on or off. If you want some help the better example would be SH2 in the segments where it's scripted that the flashlight will run out of battery. Second, turning off the lights isn't cruise control for horror, lots of games have low-visibility segments and don't become horror games in the process.

How many good point-and-click horror games can you think of, and do they differ substantially from how other point-and-click adventures work?

Nearly all of these guys are in tight rooms/corridors, plus there's an entire section with Ashley without any weapons at all. Hell, even the beginning village they can flank you if you aren't careful. Perhaps my contention is that feeling TOO powerless isn't scary to me, since it might as well be trial and error rather than fighting to survive.

I agree that ammo was often too plentiful if you're a hoarder like me, and would like to see a Resident Evil with 4's controls and 0-3's ammo management/actual zombies.

Well for the first point, that was just one mechanic that I remembered, I believe they do make it a point to tell you the light obviously draws them to you, it's just that you can't exactly explore some parts of the game unless you have everything memorized. There's also the radio in almost every SH that makes noise whenever enemies are nearby, there's features like that which can stress the player by making them aware something dangerous is nearby, but not directly pinpointing it to them.

In terms of horror point-and-click games, I guess you could bring shit up like Dark Seed which manages to fuck me up just on the idea of the body horror in it alone, but then it doesn't really have an oppressive atmosphere, I don't actually get a tight feeling in my chest while playing it, I already know shit's fucked and how fucked it is exactly, that isn't scary it's just gory.

I think Resi 4 with an arrange mode where you have much more limited drops could still thrive, 5 and 6 just went a big overboard on the idea of upgrades and having a huge gun collection, if you take 4, never allow inventory upgrades or create an inventory that is expected to remain within a relatively limited size, the game would probably feel much more like you're barely scraping by.

bit overboard*

YES.

Right, but plenty of games, in fact I would say most games, have audio cues for enemies to let you know if there's an enemy off-screen. Maybe not as direct as white noise radio static, but functionally it works the same, it tells you there's an enemy which can't be seen. I don't think you'd say Devil May Cry is a horror game, and it even started out as one.

Darkseed was one I had in mind, IHNMAIMS was another, Scratches and Sanitarium are other examples
Well it is disadvantaged by the format of the genre and the limited interactivity, but then again if mechanical powerlessness is all horror needs that limited interactivity should boost its ranking. Can you qualify what makes SH1 oppressive and Darkseed not oppressive?

You deserved to be bullied furry.

SH1 no because I haven't played it, but the reason I felt, not powerless but definitely spooked to shit during SH2 was probably how scarce resources were, how maze-like some areas could get making me not want to constantly back-track through the same enemies (as combat is typically not a thing you want to engage into if you can avoid it) and a little bit of a previous experience with SH4 that makes me expect a scary jump-cut whenever there are camera transition parts.

Really? You should

I don't want to be a dick and pick apart every sentence of your post with greentext but I think a lot of those things aren't unique to horror games. First of all, how are the areas mazelike, and doesn't the provision of maps for every area totally undermine that as a spooky element? The only exception would be down in the labyrinth underneath the prison where a map isn't provided and the level has dead-ends and circuitous design built in intentionally, the other areas are pretty much like their real-world equivalents. As for the camera and jump-cut thing DMC1 would be the example again

But user I really liked the demo and ur a faggot.

Honestly have always been put off from playing SH1 due to the game's limitations, though I might try it since you think it's that good.

I don't mean those things are all you need for a horror game, I don't think you can make a horror game without a good horror premise in the first place, if there's nothing to be afraid of or nothing for you to overthink then you're probably not going to be afraid. I just meant those things as what personally made me feel scared during SH2, but ultimately I'd say those things only worked because they were working alongside the game's atmosphere. If you took the game and made it so everything is completely bright without fog it would probably only have 1/10th of the impact.

That's really the point I wanted to make, it would be an extreme example to find a game with no remotely horror-like mechanics, point-and-clicks are about as close as I can get.

Even as someone who really doesn't care for RE4 that much I don't like seeing it put down as a horror game on the pretense that horror games are supposed to limit how much you can do about overcoming your situation. You could say RE4 or RE7 is bad horror but declassifying it as horror altogether is pretty misguided since a lot of other horror games could be similarly picked apart

Well that's only if you fuck up and don't turn on the car before he reaches you and throws you out. If you turn on in time this is what happens instead. It should be obvious, but the guy playing has beaten the game and is using unlocked cheats.

Obviously without good premise you can't have horror. Horror is very situational and without solid visual design and circumstance then there's no context for what to fear: And fear is very much born from context.
That's essentially it. If you are powerful enough to take on all comers and engage in combat effortlessly (in the vein of Resident Evil 4) then there's little to be afraid of. Silent Hill 2 did horror pretty well with several enemies you straight up couldn't fight so that helplessness was part and parcel for the experience (though it's a bit less effective since helplessness is artificially forced on the player).

Certainly true, if you took the gameplay of Silent Hill 1 and placed it in the artstyle and colour palette of Transformers Devastation, it would be far less scary. In the same way if you did the inverse and took the gameplay of Transformers devastation and placed it in the artsyle of Silent Hill you'd have no reason to be scared either. Horror games are hard to do well because they require a balance between atmosphere, visual and sound design and gameplay, and it's why we've seen the genre devolve into jump-scares because it's easier to spook someone for a second than to frighten them even after the game's turned off.
Story is also important in horror games to provide context for the spooks but it's not as important as the other 3. It does elevate one that does the 3 aspects well though.

God damn, the quality on that is so bad.

Holy shit forgot about kbps, here's the same clip but with a smaller resolution and higher kbps.

That's how low the resolution needs to be so you can run it :^)

This is somehow worse.

I actually ran the game at full graphics and resolution scaling at 1.0 and it ran at perfect 60. But that was the demo so Denuvo wasn't in there fucking shit up.

As in the video quality or the fight? The video quailty is totally my fault. Anyway the source is from here:
mega:///#F!yo1TCTKS!oyYz4H2FvzF-2Gsy6-mpWA
If you're will to download gigabytes of this shit to see a guy playing more or less a rocket lancher run of resident evil in 1080p be my guest.

No, I mean the game looks like shit. I'd rather take the car fight than whatever the hell that was.

Honestly I prefer the retard donut car boss fight, it looks more fun. Although I like the idea of variable boss fights where different shit happens to the point of being an ENTIRELY different fight depending on what you do.

In case 5 and 6 weren't enough proof Capcom can't make Resident Evil games for shit anymore.

The part that bothers me about BH7 is not just that it in no way bears any resemblance to Biohazard by way of characters or setting, but that they (as in the faggots who make Capcom games nowadays) don't understand the franchise that they're trying to reboot back to its origins. The same problem came about with the gamecube remakes, people love the shit out of them, but for me it's always nagged at me that they didn't seem to understand the atmopshere or the pacing. They didn't GET IT. They just went for the most obvious themes/mechanics and expanded on them with a bunch of unnecessary graphics. I don't need bump mapping and water physics and a shark fight and all that fucking shit.

Crimson head zombies are another example of not getting it. The whole point of zombies is that they're supposed to be slow and lumbering aside from the very few exceptions who could make a kind of hobbled sprint. By sprinkling the game with zombies who run super fast and have super amounts of hp, you're definitely driving up the "tension" of the game, but for all the wrong reasons. Biohazard was designed to be a survival horror game ala Sweet Home, Alone in the Dark, etc. It's not supposed to be a run and gun, and it's not supposed to be a sequel to the Wrong Turn franchise.

Not like I could afford it

honestly, if they would have made the hicks less stereotypical and more fucked up in the head from the virus I may have gotten it… but as is, you get three super powered hillbillies chasing you around slowly(for no reason, seriously, why can't they run) and becoming boss versions of themselves who are still coherent. There is one part that is almost unsettling where the main hick they have show off says some dialogue about wanting to be the "father".. but that's really it.

They've failed to really go one direction or the other. They didn't really make it scary, but they also didn't make it action… it's more of a thriller now I suppose? A scifi thriller perhaps?

I may pick it up once all the DLC is out and it's 20 bucks due to them at least bringing back some item and resource management with difficult enemies(though not as much as the originals) but as it is now it's an easy pass.

oh look another faggot who hates games

You could always go for the random cd key store route, but then again you wouldn't a refund from steam if you think it's shit.

DO NOT BUY IT

9 hours to go. Just watch the garbage at least first if you're on the fence.

Does anyone have the magnet for the game?

Its like you hate fun

It has Denuvo you dummy, wouldn't do too much good right now. Maybe this is the 'big thing' CPY was hyping up though?

Is she dead?

Too late fam.

pick two.

pick one.

Why do you hate your money so much?

I remember some user saying that there was a leak and some anons got advanced copies.

please kill yourself

Wasn't that already Weeb Eater 2?

I will pick both and the hand holding semen demon

good goy

As long as you refund after realizing your mistake, it's all good

Been away for too long…
What the hell is Denuvo?

Been away from what? Earth? Civilization?

Something like that.

I don`t know what that means

Pirate cucks don't like it because they have to wait a little bit before they can play.

Final boss and ending

Thanks but that much I could figure out myself.
I asked what it was, specifically.
Guess I'll just look it up myself.

Eh, I agree with you on some elements, but not quite. While I agree that slapping the RE title on a game doesn't automatically make it Resident EviI (ala Star Wars Battlefront or DmC), I still think RE4 fairly qualifies as a RE game. By your logic, then Super Mario 64 was not a Mario game, as it retained only a few of the elements that made up the previous entries in the series. Everything else was entirely new and fresh to the series, and the game played completely differently from any entry prior. But Super Mario 64 is still a Mario game. The difference is that the gameplay was overhauled to reflect the technology and capabilities of the time, and Mario transitioned into a new style of gameplay. The result was an immensely popular game that served as many players' entry point into the series, despite its departure from the style of previous entries.

tl;dr RE4 did for RE what SM64 did for SMB.

I think why people get pissy about RE4, while adding new mechanics, new enemies and challenges it changed the tone and theme of the game as well, it's simply not scary anymore. I mean just look at HD ports of the REmake and RE0, the simple option to toggle tank controls on or off changes the difficultly considerably. You can take on the tyrant with just a knife easily. Resident Evil is about horror, if you can fight back with relative ease then it's not scary.

The way RE classic fans feel about RE4-6 going by your mario analogy is if SM64 was a FPS game, it can be better than timesplitters or even doom, it's not just a mario game.

>I already bought it

You still have time to refund. Do it now.

In Nu-Resident Evil, boss circle strafes you!!

Now where is the source of the video so I can hear this mess of a boss battle.

Will Nier Automata be the first good game with denuvo?

It's a SecuROM replacement made by the same people. It's designed to make it more difficult to pirate but at the same time makes it harder to mod a game. It's another layer of DRM that isn't needed and in some cases requires you to be online to play the game depending on the version. It's the definition of anti-consumer and is just used because companies are afraid of the pirates without knowing that piracy will never not be around.

I got 2 hours to test it out before they lock down my shekels.
I might enjoy this new resident evil game

Yes, I've got to agree on this point especially. A barbecued tittle just can't be trusted

Are you retarded?

This. Its not that the original RE or SH games or anything else was "scary" just because zombies and jump scares and weird creepy things and places. What set most people on edge was the difficulty of the game in terms of just staying alive. But this was achieved almost entirely because of shitty controls that made you panicky and reacting badly would mean death, meanwhile the limited resources meant you couldnt afford to screw up that often or again game over.

But it was never the games themselves that made them that way, it was the control and lack of resources. Take something like original RE and give you unlimited supplies pissed at your face and make the controls far better (more responsive, more accurate, etc) and suddenly theres far less stress on the player which means less tension which means the horror feels far less meaningful. You add in just the simple ability to fight back effectively, and suddenly its no longer horror, its just a basic survival game or some run and gun fiasco

The real trick to horror games, is not to add crazy supernatural jump scares or creepy old people shambling at you, or tight hallways you have to run around in circles in. Its to limit the players ability to survive, to make the simple act of "not dying" a challenge, and punish them for fucking up and wasting resources, making them more tense, making them more likely to fuck up again, making death all the more certain.. ya know, how someone in a REAL horror situation might react, then when the cheesy scare bits come you're already tense as fuck and twitchy

You know what DOESNT make a good "scary guy" to fight? When hes invincible and no amount of damage will do anything more than stun him for half a second, and you're instead meant to just run away constantly. What makes him scary is when you have to deal with him, you have to beat him, but screwing up shots or traps or w/e else just makes it harder and harder to deal with him to where hes more and more likely to kill you, so every error you make leads to tension which leads to more errors which leads to death.. but you also cant have the controls SO punishing that you dont feel like its YOU thats fucking up and its just the game being a pissy little bitch, then that ends up just feeling frustrating and annoying. You have to strike a good balance between good controls and the ability to fuck up easily so if you start getting tense you fuck up, and the scary bits are all the more scary because you're always on edge while playing

Of course you can go to far in the opposite direction as well, giving the player NO ability to survive other than run away: see your outlasts and the like. Oh sure they've got atmosphere, but if you get caught or die or get jump scared, its not because you've necessarily fucked up things for awhile and gotten to a failure point, which has lead to increased tension the whole time.. nah its cause you didnt notice you could jump out of a window or something, then you realize your mistake and know exactly what to do, run away, just like you always do, its never ON YOU to fuck up less in order to survive the long haul, it ends up being the horror equivalent of QTE:TheGame for a few hours.

Most horror game devs dont seem to understand any of this though. They think the game should be responding to the player, not the character, when you put in actions. That if YOU want to aim at the head, wham, headshot, not "my tense character is trying to aim there but is scared as shit, which makes this way harder, so IM tense trying to handle that, then granny shows up behind me because I failed or maybe I hit far enough in the fight that she shows up and FUUUUCCCK i think I just peed myself because she startled me showing up." Instead they think super natural crazy shit going on is scary and you just need to add more and more and more of it, until you end up with that last boss thats just "hentai monster number 4039" which is so over the top unrealistic that its more funny than scary

Until devs realize all this shit, we wont be getting any decent horror games. Maybe some okay "visual novels" that are horror based, maybe. But actual games? Nope.

If you're bad with tank controls I guess, the idea that these games have bad controls to create tension is pretty misguided. Silent Hill even lets you strafe

Hey guys. Just came by to drop these screenshots off from the very first cinematic that opens the game.

This is your wife I guess.

i didn't think anyone was even excited for this game, i didn't even hear normalfags talking about it

streaming re7 at weebcrew.moe, this game is literally a meme

The game is not performing as well as would be expected of mainstream trash. This is good.

So the game is really bombing?
That's great to hear.

i was caught by the enthusiasm.

anyone have comparision pics of HUNK, chris, and the new "redfield" guy?

Honestly, this game seems fine. From what I'm seeing there's resource and inventory management, and plenty of combat, so it's not just some Outlast or Amnesia clone. Plus, some items are incredibly well hidden around the environment which reminds me of Thief, and makes the switch to first-person view actually matter. Other than some bosses, story and dialogue bits, I don't see anything else inherently wrong with RE7.

I am sure if this was an entirely new IP nobody would have a problem with it, myself included.
I still think it's fucking boring though.

I played the game early 2 weeks ago. I beat it in 9 hours with 30 deaths because I was trying not to waste ammo or health

I quite like it and the game being 8 or 9 hours long is "normal" for a RE game, or so I heard

I'm hungry now, thanks.

Code Veronica's first run was on the Dreamcast, which had a tiny part of the overall market. Same for the REmake and 0 on Gamecube, tiny part of the overall market.
Capcom's refusal to put the series on the PS2 is why their sales were in the tank. Not because people were tired of the old style gameplay. REmake's sales would have at least tripled if it were on the PS2 instead of just being a gamecube exclusive. RE4's sales and overall impact likewise would have remained tiny if not for releasing the game on the PS2.

CAPCOM WAS RETARDED TO GO GAMECUBE EXCLUSIVE!

There is no "we". If you want "we", go back to reddit.

THIS
After the original release of REmake, Shinji Mikami tought that people were tired of the classic RE formula because of the low sales.
The reason is that the game released EXCLUSIVELY on the GameCube console, which was selling like shit.
If REmake came out on PS2 or went multiplat, it would have sold like crazy, giving them no reason to "reinvent" rape the franchise.

Looks like a tranny

The numbers are not that good for what was expected in my opinion. It will go up at peak hours but so does
everything

store.steampowered.com/stats/

I am a faggot for scented candles, and I laughed hard when I found this. The scent of horror, fear and adrenaline is cinnamon apparently

Smelling it again, it feels like wood waxy cinnamon

You're stupid. the controls are actually the same, all they did was move the camera back, dumbass

What did he mean by this?

denuvo/10
worthless

I'm sure anons won't, but the new redditor majority here will have threads about that pile of garbage for weeks and they all will put shekels on it.

I watched some of Brote's stream last night. It looked really bad.

Wow.

Well, RE achieves the entirety of its tension through shit controls and shit camera angles that are set up for cheap jump scares.

Silent Hill achieves tension by having a genuinely spooky atmosphere.

wew lads, i'm actually enjoying this game.

kinda bullshit, lost some progress thanks to that

I haven't played RE 1-3(not a fan of tank controls since Alone in the Dark) and I'm not much for story. Assuming I want good TPS gameplay, are the RE4-6 games any good? I've heard they play really well.

So is this a doki doki panic re-skin capcom did?
It looks like a VR game they designed to sell their headsets and then later slapped the RE name on it so it would sell big.

Why is he grabbing the other dude's penis as the other dude strangles him?

Isn't that how you play boxing?

4-6 are all 3 good as far as gameplay go for a third person shooter but they all have this particular gameplay of setting up melee combos. 4-5 have tanky controls and 6 has much more movement liberty with slides, rolls, dives … you kinda have to experiment for the moveset however because very little is explained in game.
For the campaigns/level design, 4 is easily the best one with a long solo, great environments, weapons, memorable bossfights. 5 has the same gameplay than 4 but falls short on all these areas, still a decent game. 6's campaign is complete shit and full of muh cinematic experience problems, the quality in envrionments is very unequal and mostly trash. This is so bad that personally, I consider Mercenaries mode to be the highlight of the game. The only good thing the game has going for it is the monster design.

Feel free to all give them a pirate, in my opinion they are all worth a try if you're fed up with the current state of third person shooters.

Don't Random CD keys always give you shitty MIxed rating games?

That is pretty much what happened. It spawned from a VR tech demo called The Kitchen or something. Then the devs tried to play it off like, y-yeah it was RE7 all along!

Resident Evil 7 is a good game. It's not garbage like 6 or 5.

4 was it's own beast while still feeling like a RE game. Fuck you for lumping in 4 with 5 and 6. You might as well lump homecoming with Silent Hill 3 while you are at it.

RE: Revelations?

have we fallen so far that RE5 is considered good by some anons now? I bought that day 1 because I was a bright-eyed, naiive goy that thought because RE4 was so much fucking fun that the sequel HAD to be better in every way, right?

5 is so fucking bad that only 6's existence and the continued decline of all things good in gaming could result in people looking back fondly on it. All they had to do was take 4 and do the same thing but with a new story and expand on the good stuff. Instead we got a short, retarded, clunky game designed around you being "helped" by the AI or having a friend to play with LESS than the previous game.

I'll play VII when its been cracked in three months by CPY or if someone else does it first but fuck capcom getting my shekels right away

here's hoping that REmake2 is going to come out and/or be good

I never had any problems with ammo in both Revelations game, especially the first one if you scan for shit.
Also RE:Rev1 has shit tier "zombies" and feedback when hitting them and Re:Rev2 has terrible characters so it's kind of a pick your poison kinda thing.

Off yourself lad

Huh, so you played Zombi U?

Haydee is more of a survival horror than this thing.

ok

Honestly it's just playing like RE1 or 2 but without zombies, using a more central, focused horror on a cast of characters. It works well to be honest, because the environments and the characters themselves look disgusting as fuck

also I don't really understand the accusations of re7 being a "walking simulator". aren't re1 and 2 walking simulators as well? They're just in different perspectives. Most of my fucking time spent playing all three of these games was backtracking over and over because I didn't know I needed this item when I had to

The older titles had much more enemy density to be sure, and a bti of modern game design is seeping into the ether (Lot's of things that look nice but you can't interact with).
This would be a problem IF RE DIDN'T HAVE THESE THINGS SINCE DAY 1
I'm feeling hopeful for the series. They managed to do 1st person Resi without it being Clive Barkers Undying or House of the Dead.
It's a walking simulator with gunplay, and it works for the most part.

Hey now, REmake is great, if the same team had done the same job for 2 and 3 it wouldhave been great.

I think he means what came after Remake

I swear only the worst kind of spergs do this.
You're right about RE7 being garbage, but still.

Thank you for spoiling the ending, asshole
Now here's my dubs.

I like it

Holy fuck this place is so bad people can already farm spoiler salt.

I had jerked off and typed those posts 1 handed.

Best play through so far.

"She's" current year beautiful.

No no no no no no no

Game has peaked at 20k players on Steam. That is definitely not good for what one might expect. Doesn't seem like this will be the future of Resident Evil, not that things will improve either way.

I find it odd they put a "7" on it. I get it, that they take a tech demo and put the name Resident Evil on it to sell. But put a 7 on it? Why not make subtitle, one spin-off? Were they so desperate to sell?

What's the fun in not having a supermodel for a wife? Isn't fun what video games are about?

its about the experience now my friend

Jesus, look at the shnoz on her.

That's enough for me, friendo

The most retarded part is how they decided to actually name it. It's Resident Evil 7: Biohazard and in Nipland it's Biohazard 7: Resident Evil. They couldn't come up with a good enough subtitle so they just took the names from the different languages and just swapped them. Lazy cunts.

You don't understand what people mean by "walking simulator" and neither do the people who are calling it a "walking simulator". Games that are classified as walking simulators are just you walking around and looking at things that the devs want to show you. It's purely "story" driven and there is no fear of dying. Gone Home was when the term was coined and is the basis of what people mean by walking simulator.

So here comes the real question:
Is it fun?

I never understood why it wasn't Biohazard across the globe when the series started.

No problem, it looks like 100% derivative shit.

Legend has it that Capcom was afraid of getting sued by the thrash metal band of the same name. This was around the same time that all the Street Fighter bosses had their names juggled to avoid pissing off Mike Tyson, so it might be legit.

Something something biohazard sounds like boring science. Burgers are idiots something something

RE-series have been a fun co-op shooter for me since 4… So I have high expectations. Not really,but I would like to get another re6.

This wall-o-text is right. It was a good read. Thanks buddy.
No good pic for this.

Go and stay go

We'll have another good one in a year or so.
Worth it.

Streaming this game so you can all get a look.

hitbox.tv/BinaryGhosts

guarantee you a good amount of shitposters are assblast because denuvo

Ok so for those of you who watched you get the gist of what the game is.
For others, they pretty much made it into a hide and seek sort of game.
You have ultra powerful zombie family that will come push in your shit unless you can run away and hide from them. None of them seem to ever perma kill so your gun is best used to take a pot shot, stagger them, and let you run away.

An interesting direction for an RE game but i'm not sure it is one that it should have been taken in.
While it can build a nice atmosphere and the setting is fucking great it is just a bunch of horror movie cliches.
I may be too old for the game's tricks in those regards and the hide and seek sort of gameplay style doesn't really appeal to me.

Still, at least capcom is experimenting again.

Is this game worth buying?

I'm glad that happened to me simply because it explains how your girlfriend can cut your hand off with a chainsaw and it mysteriously works via stapling it back on. I also appreciate that it might not actually happen to a majority of people who play. Pretty sure it triggers when Jack catches you trying to unlock the hatch to escape from him.
I will say that I'm about to go kill the mother in her spider form, but I'm actually surprised at how next to nothing has hinted at this being remotely in the RE universe. The only thing that has hinted at this was a painting of the Arklay mountains from 1991 in the main entrance area where the shotgun room is. I would assume that there's more much later down the road especially because your grillfriend fight in the beginning has her ranting and raving about having to burn shit down. Probably got hired by Umbrella to clean up the mess but got caught. Yes, I know the ending and "I'm Redfield" bullshit, but there's no context for me to understand what ANY of that shit means.

I will say that it's different from any RE game apart from limited inventory management and keys/puzzles. I have it on the NoGames4, and besides some loading times when dying, everything seems okay so far.

Hitler, the joke is:
Evil resides and it is a biohazard - which means that the evil that resides is due to biological weapon virus shit. Not counting that it is a title in the RE series in which everything revolvesaround contamination.
Biological hazard creates the evil residents, quite literally. And - SERIES TITLE: now with actual evil residents of the mansion.

I liked the game, worth 30$, combat was fun and inventory management is cool. Also it manages too surprise a few times if you are not spoiled.

Damn, that actually makes me want to pirate this game.
It would have been even better if instead of a guy in a car you fighted angry bikers on 40's motorcycles attacking with chains.

It is not "the" boss fight, more like a mini confrontation

I ordered that. Gonna use when VR comes to PC.Fuck my life choices

When I watched the first trailer with the guys in the village constantly watching you from afar, I thought this if not an open world game, at least had a big semi open world.

But watching it, I noticed that it's quite linear.
And the trailer tricked me into thinking that severing and reattaching your limps would be a core mechanic, but it's not. It was just done for cinematic purposes and it's not even your foot that gets severed, but just your hand and only that one time.

user, see my post about the leg getting cut off. Happened to me by chance in the very beginning after the dinner table scene. Have not run into another instance of this happening, however.
It could just be that shit like that is random and a one time thing.

Oh, interesting. I saw someone play that scene and he got attacked multiple times, but the leg cutting scene did not trigger.

I didn't buy the game because fuck Denuvo, learned my lesson after buying planet coaster, but I did go to a friends house to play the game on his PS4, and so far I don't get what the problems are.

It has just as many jumpscares as 1-3 and keeps the gameplay mechanics without being streamlined. Is it being 1st person the issue?

Seriously, fuck this game. Why are people here defending this pile of shit?