Tetris

Tetris thread, go.

Favorite version?
Favorite music?
What's a good Tetris game to play online?

Other urls found in this thread:

filetrip.net/gba-downloads/homebrew/download-lockjaw-the-overdose-milestone-4-f5072.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'd like to know this too.

Tetris DS and Tetris 2 (NES version)
This track
Tetris Friends i guess?

Cultris II

8 people online at the moment btw.

Threadly reminder the guideline is shit and the tetris company is cancer.

The primal example that nintendo really never cared about their customers. Not to say Atari was a nice company, but they've made the clearly superior game. Even later BPS released Tetris 2 + Bombliss and it was still inferior, although Bombliss was nice.

Tengen were a bunch of assholes though and they had it coming, Sega also did Tetris before Nintendo.

The only thing I know about tengen is that they made their own carts, which Nintendy weren't too happy about. what's this about them being assholes?

Read the book Console Wars to get more insight on this but to put it short, Nintendo had a limit of about 2 games for year by publisher to keep quality standards even if it didn't always work but then Tengen who didn't want to have nothing to do with that reverse-engineered the NES cart technology and started releasing their own unlicensed carts, which most of were shit. Would you be okay with that? Fucking Atari jewing you out of your profits with unlicensed shovelware? EA did the same thing with the Genesis until they struck a forced deal with Sega.

Tetris Tengen. I like all the songs in that game. And no idea.

Tetris is for fuckin plebs.

Real men play Puyo Pop.

Real men aren't weeaboos.

Puyo Pop is for fuckin plebs.

Real men play Columns.

Sup kike. Mad that you still can't subvert Japan?

Not even the localizations use "Puyo Pop" anymore.

Fucking casuals not playing the true puzzle game to rule them all; Money Idol Exchanger

Lets be serious here.

In all seriousness, Puyo Puyo Tetris is a fantastic tetris game, puyo part of it is great too. A lot of people playing it online and it's getting localised soon. Even though I basically paid up the ass to import it not long ago.

Have you played Tengen games? Which one of them do you consider crap?
Nintendo Tetris looks like complete shovelware next to Tengen Tetris, and it's one of the most popular games in the console. BPS did nothing but trash and shitty rehashes with the IP. Nintendo walled garden bullshit is not a good defense.

This shit is so shameless, but it also doesn't look that bad.

Puyo Puyo Tsu rules are still the standard for for competitive play?

Columns' soundtrack is truly special. Fuck yeah, Tokuhiko Uwabo.

BEEP BEEP BEEP
CLACK CLACK CLACK

The SEGA arcade Tetris was actually released around the same time as the Gameboy Tetris in 1989. SEGAs trademarks just seem to go back to '88

If we really want to be fair though, neither Nintendo nor SEGA were the first to commercially release Tetris. It was first commercially published by Spectrum HoloByte for the Commodore 64 in 1984. It was the Gameboy version that arguably made Tetris mainstream

Yeah, except they got rid of the purple puyo. :(

Yes American children, play our fun game and be sure to stare deeply into the screen xaxaxaxaxa ))))

Why not both?

Game was horrible. Bad puyo bad tetris. As a puyo fan it sucks this is the last game we're going to get because they'll just run the mobile game for years and profit off that. We should have gotten an anniversary game last year but nope just some bag of goodies at TGS and a new level for the phone game.

Pac-Mania for the NES, those godawful NES ports of Fantasy Zone and AfterBurner and all the crappy baseball games. Tengen Tetris was their only good game, of course i have played it.

THEME B > THEME A
THEME B > THEME A
THEME B > THEME A
THEME B > THEME A
THEME B > THEME A
THEME B > THEME A
THEME B > THEME A

Don't you need to go back to hacking america? I wish I saved the image of putin in shades saying when you enter passwords in the password field and it works.

If you compare them to the arcades of course they look awful it's a fucking NES m8. A proper Pac-Mania came out for the fucking Genesis. They are simply inferior versions of the arcade counterparts, but there wasn't much they could have done. Like, do you expect Gauntlet to have 80 ghosts moving around like in the arcade when you have a limit of 8 sprites per scanline? Hell, their version of Ms Pacman is arguably better than Namco's.
You could have mentioned the infamous Indiana Jones game. that's definitely terrible, or those that look like Shinobi.
In the end, the Tetris thing was not even them being assholes wanting to fuck with Nintendo, they fought their license to make Tetris games and lost, just like the owners of the console because they got an inferior game.

tetanus on drugs

homebrew for the gameboy advance, tetris with mode 7 effects, it's a must play for anyone.

What?
Team B > Team A?

Sounds more like shmup music than puzzle music. Which makes sense I guess, seeing as Compile were mostly shmup devs.

Jesus fuck do your homework reddit.

Underrated soundtrack. Best versions for gameplay are the Bullet-Proof/Nintendo versions and Party Deluxe if you want guideline Tetris. Didn't we just have this thread though?
I think I recall tetrisfriends.com being better than I expected, but it's Flash based and I think it was guideline Tetris too. Tetrinet seems nice, but the main server is dead so it's probably only good for matches with someone you know.

I can't find a download for the GBA version anywhere. Got a link or a copy of it?

Looks like shit, but does it have active players?

Turns out he just changed the name for some reason: filetrip.net/gba-downloads/homebrew/download-lockjaw-the-overdose-milestone-4-f5072.html

It just seems like a motion sickness simulator with a DUDE WEED LMAO theme to me.

Gets the blood pumping

Mostly NDS_TGM homebrew on DS, some of the real ones in MAME or that ArcadeX loader, and a bit of the non-Ubisoft 3DS game for some of the weird modes. I don't like the way typical Tetris games work.

I'm probably going to try buying a TGM2 system some day, when I actually earn it. Was originally looking for a TGM3 setup but it's more expensive, rarer, and I believe the game is bad to start with because you get too much freedom in stacking, even in 20G. First game is a lot cheaper but only has a single mode, and no sonic drop feature.

Comfy as fuck. Sorry for the lack of WebM, but I don't think I can encode well enough for this.

Keep making excuses for your cartoon addiction, degenerate.

Hitler loved cartoons and Goebbels would often work with animation directors.

Why are you on a website for Chinese cartoons?