Last thread got deleted by a hot pocketer

Last thread got deleted by a hot pocketer.

Why don't consoles adopt the steam controller since it is objectively better at aiming with?

Because its also objectively terrible for action games and the build quality is genuinely awful.

You are paying 70+ dollars for chink shit build quality.

Actually I am pretty sure the steam controller can be bought for like $25.

Oh and consolefags don't like action games, they like worse versions of PC genres.

Its available for 100+ dollars where I live and the cheapest I can find it on Amazon is 50$

If you want to emulate Gamecube and Wii games the Steam Controller is great.
If you want to aim on a controller it works, but every computer comes with a mouse and keyboard anyway.
If you want it for other purposes it'll work, but so will other controllers.

Holla Forums arguing over controllers is like Holla Forums arguming over K&R vs Allman formatting. It's got very little to do with vidya and attracts spergs like last thread's OP. Get it if it fits your niche within a niche, or invest in a Logitech Trackman Marble or M570 instead if you want trackball aiming.

Sorry for whatever country you live in. I saw it on sale at staples for $30 and it was $25 last steam sale

The real question is: why they don't adopt mouse and keyboard, when every single console in the last decade has had at least 2 usb ports?

because the steam gamepad is pure shit in every regard?

Some consoles tried that. The Dreamcast had a port of Quake 3 that had that as a feature. You could even play online with PC players.
I think it's because PCs are generally used at a desk, where you have a hard surface for your keyboard and mouse. Meanwhile, consoles are used on a couch, or further back, where you don't always have that surface. The manufacturers don't want people whining about the KB&Mfags ruining the game for them, so they just dumb the game down to work with the controller instead.

Companies should adopt gyro aiming at least. The Steam Controller lets you bind the R trigger, so that holding it slightly turns on gyro aiming for accuracy, and fully pressing it fires the gun. It works really well, and since the DS4 and X1 pad have gyro support there's no reason why they shouldn't add it.
Even if they didn't they could at least replace the right stick with a trackball. Only downside is that it's harder to claw, but you trade that for superior aiming and camera control.

because like all things from PC gaming, it's best staying there and dying with the rest of the platform.

because keyboard and mice are only good for like 2 genres? pointing shooters and clicking games like diablo and dota?

Would Gabe even allow that?

It's a terrible and uncomfortable controller for everything regardless of it being good for first person shooters or not and i hope you choke on a knife for ever thinking of it as a good thing, triple nigger.

They are consoles, they don't care about "gaming". Only money.

I like the idea of the Steam Controller, but it still needs some tweaking before I'd buy one. For example: why does it have the two touchpads, but then a stick as well?

Because devs are lazy and consoletrash is ok with it for some reason

Why not? It would mean more people would buy his shit.

I would like to see a controller review, but when I search for it on jewtube I only see faggots, faggots and gurlgamers everywhere. Is there any review that goes straight to the point without all the

I don't care if it has ads, I can skip them.

Maybe this might be for you.

This guy made a review of it after using it for ages. Skip to 2:43 to get to the review. He compares it to similar controllers too.

Isn't someone who used it "for ages" just going to make a biased positive review?

Why not watch it and see for yourself? Or do you consider anyone who doesn't bin it after 5 minutes biased?

Thanks for the recommendations, but now I see why this controller is not popular, it tries too many things.
It tries to be a keyboard and mouse combo with the gigantic touch-pad and a regular controller with the tiny cramped buttons. It's average on both criteria and this is not good for anyone trying to take some game seriously, but it's fine for a casual play.

I know some people who play with trackball and they are equally good. The point is, you get used to the input method and unless
it is really shit, like using ONLY a keyboard for a FSP you'll eventually get good.

the build quality and design isn't even the thing that truly make the controller awful, it's requiring steam and that fucking horrible big picture bullshit to configure it.

If they had just made a simple dedicated app of it, with maybe work shop support so people could easily search for and install other people's configurations, it wouldn't have failed half as hard as it did.

I've used god damn mad catz controller configuration programs that were less cancerous than that shit.

I know, it's so fucking dumb. Allman formatting is obviously superior in every way.

THE ONLY REASON TO HAVE A STEAM CONTROLLER IS TO ABUSE THE HAPTIC FEEDBACK TO PLAY MIDI MUSIC YOU DUMB FUCKING RETARDS

From personal experience from using a hand-me-down one I got from a valvedrone friend of mine, it's a jack of all trades, master of none type of deal. It's alright for playing shit designed for M&K on the couch, but it's nowhere near as good as an actual M&K. It's alright for shit designed around analog control, but it's not as good as a proper controller. THAT SAID the ability to austismally customize how exactly it maps it's shit can significantly alleviate it's downsides except the big ones, the fact that it's bound to steam and there is no workaround, and the fact that the build quality feels very cheap, or cheaper than it actually is.
If later iterations rectify these and open source drivers get made then it'd be a pretty good accessory but it's not worth buying now unless it's at a significant discount.

I just looked it up, and these pieces of shit are actually selling for almost half-off on ebay, what a fucking joke.

Here's why the steam controller isn't supported: It's shit and only PC gamers buy shit.

But console players bought a console