Vita Thread

"No Spanking Allowed" Edition

WHATCHA:

And still importantly, are you having fun?

Upcoming games: iplaypsvita.com/upcoming-ps-vita-games-2017/

Gitgud Group: gitgud.io/groups/InfinityVita

Previous Threads: pastebin.com/6eVxEzpu

First-Time Buyer's FAQ: pastebin.com/fb6MSKwx

Vita Wallpapers:ultraimg.com/album/2ch

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Cpasjuste/pfba
wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=116&t=46740
vitasdk.org/
reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/59tv9u/downgrading_by_replacing_motherboard/
youtube.com/watch?v=HphEASVDITA
reddit.com/r/VitaPiracy/comments/582g9d/everything_you_need_to_know_about_vita_piracy_and/
gematsu.com/2017/01/dungeon-travelers-2-2-adds-new-character-ruco-characters-dungeon-travelers-2
store.playstation.com/#!/en-ca/ps-essentials-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-ESSENTIALSSALELP/1
archive.is/pztvv#selection-1329.0-1347.92
amazon.ca/Legend-Heroes-Trails-Steel-Lionheart/dp/B015HAL2OK
gbatemp.net/threads/release-the-fruit-of-grisaia-all-ages-ps-vita-english-patch-restoration-patch-in-the-works.458642/
blog.us.playstation.com/2017/01/17/action-rpg-tokyo-xanadu-coming-to-ps4-and-ps-vita-this-year/
gematsu.com/2017/01/dungeon-travelers-2-2-debut-trailer-game-flow-mercenary-buddy-system-characters-detailed
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=845821
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/play-anime-sale/cid=STORE-MSF192018-BANDAINAMCOSALEG
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=427133
dualshockers.com/2017/02/03/stranger-sword-city-revisited-west/
gekihen.customprotocol.com/en/project/ePSP-Bubble-Installer
nichegamer.com/2017/02/06/emotional-piano-rhythm-game-deemo-the-last-recital-heads-west-on-ps-vita/
archive.is/rJwhl
damascusgear.net/saikyo-exodus/
blog.us.playstation.com/2017/02/08/new-ys-origin-trailer-showcases-blistering-battle-system/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What's the state of CFW?

Final Fantasy XIV
BlazBlue Chronophantasma EX & Central Fiction
Fate/Extella

not quite sure myself, haven't been keeping up. Just know you need to be on 3.60 and use Henkaku to do just about anything. I gifted my friend my 3.60 Vita, so I haven't bothered doing any homebrew or CFW anything.

Henkaku allows connecting to PC via USB now so no need for FTP/CMA shit anymore. Have full access to PSPemu to play games, with filters and nub controls, with mostly good compatibility. Some issues here and there, but overall good.

Emulation front is good. New emus coming in drips, but mostly have been good. New FBAemu apparently just surfaced, RA teased N64 emulation that's gonna be coming, and current emus are quite nice even without GPU access. Mega Drive games on OLED are fucking wonderful. PS1 emulation is good as well, not the best, but decent compatibility. Also got UAE on the system that runs really nice, or so I'm told.

Homebrew is standard. Doom has no music, Quake is 20-30FPS but has everything you'd want, mod support, CD audio, online, etc. Tyrian port, random games ported like a Zelda fangame port.

PS1 emulation via PS Vita native shit is still missing. The PSPemu is expected to unlock the PSP version soon (February apparently). Think the main thing is still to get access to GPU to run shit better, but could just be me reading shit wrong.

I just want Retroarch to not fuck up when you go into standby mode.

Nuts to that, I'm gonna play trashy weeb games and nothing can stop me!

That seems to want extended permissions enabled though. I'll just stick to FTP for now even though I loathe it.

Not the RetroArch core? I just want portable tgm2p but it runs about half speed. MAME is no option, the only RA cores available are ancient versions of MAME.

That's needing some work then because even 3DS runs Hexen 2 at good speed.

Sonic 2 with sprinkles of Nep Action U. Pretty fun time waster.
No clue right now. Got what wanted, maybe something horror still.
Just bought the noble phantasm edition for Fate. Hoping it's good, look nice with rest of Vita big box shit anyway.

Not gonna have luck with that until 1.4 release I'd imagine. I'd just like to be able to access the RA menu in-game rather than constantly reset and change options to how I'd like.

USB is alright. FTP still works easier for now, but it's convenient regardless. pFBA is its own thing, release threads on GBAtemp and shit if needed, hearing good things about it. Quake is pretty depressing, even went as far to get it running at native Vita resolution and it looks nice, but fuck me does it run slow. Doesn't have access to GPU, so if that's even being worked on, getting that done will solve it all.

Yet to try Hexen 2 for Vita, but if Quake runs shit, is there any point.

Oh right.
Odin Sphere.
More games than that.
Soon. Haven't decided what to get yet, I'll see what the local store has.

Thanks for the name, I'll check it out tomorow.

Didn't actually know Vita got a port of it! I was just using it as comparison having played the 3DS port and definitely want to try it. Love that game.

wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=116&t=46740
There you go user. Yeah, Vita also got Hexen 2 ported. Surprising really, but not anything to turn down.

Darkest Dungeon, it's amazing and I love just like I love FTL, in that masochistic "let's have the RNG kick me in the balls" way.

I can see why people dislike it, but lord am I not one of them.

Guess I'll hold off finishing Valkyrie Profile until then.

I swear the older I get the stupider I become.

Is that jontron?

It's washed up Fred Savage

got atelier

I wish Borderlands 2 didnt run so shit on the Vita.

What firmware is your Vita running? If it's at 3.60, can you confirm whether or not you can play the game on it, or if it locks you out until you put higher firmware on it? I've heard the game was 3.60 in Japan, but I've not heard yet if it's the same out here yet.

Sayonara UmiharaKawase + and Damascus Gear: Operation Tokyo

Windjammers
Ys Origin
Tokyo Xanadu
Mary Skelter

Debating whether to buy Atelier Shallie Plus now from play-asia or wait to see if VGP gets any copies of the NISA free version

I wish borderlands 2 didn't exist.

Sorry, keeping it sealed until after I finish Ayesha and Escha and Logy. I bought it now just to make sure I wouldn't have trouble getting the physical later.

Dang, wish I could find some solid information. Most I can find googling is a handful of links to threads on fucking reddit (which I refuse to click on the principal of reddit being shit), and a US/EU file dump request for the game on Vita Piracy with only two replies, neither of which is helpful on this front.

Yeah, again, sorry. I do have a separate Vita with 3.60 on it so I would be the one that could tell you, but if you asked me I'd say it's gonna be one of those games that will take a while to get dumped… right now you've either got to deal with transferring the game over from PS3 or getting the physical LE, and the folks that get the physical LE probably don't pirate much.

Well, I finally found a copy of this, still spent way too much but less than the now $300 it seems to be going for.

And now I have all the rare NA Vita games. Everything else should be easy enough to get.

How much did you pay?

Also show us your Breach and Clear.

Nice, but how much did you wind up having to spend?

Yeah, I understand. I'm just wondering if I could even get it working on my 3.60 Vita to begin with, or if I'd have to either update or get a separate system (or are system updates tethered to the memory card?). Wololo has a thread where people can report what the required firmware for games are, but last I checked the most recent posts were sometime late last year, with stuff like World of Final Fantasy being some of the most recent mentions in it.
Fucking damn it.

Root Letter and Stein;s gate 0 both released in Japan before 3.60 but were later released in English with both the physical and digital games requiring

Estival Versus, World of Final Fantasy, Amnesia: Memories

Mary Skelter, Berserk, Apple Wars, Tokyo Xanadu, Osomatsu-san otoge, Ateliers because I have yet to play any

Fate/Extella for now

Almost everything after World of Final Fantasy requires 3.61 or higher. My Europe copy of Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization needs 3.61. That said, the Asian copy of Dragon Quest Builders only needs 3.60.

So regardless, it's a pretty safe bet that I'd have to update my Vita or pick up a Vita TV or something to play anything physically released after last year? I know that henkaku requires 3.60, but has there been any word about anyone fucking around to try to make some CFW that would work with later firmware or at least spoof updated firmware that might happen in the future?

PFS keys were found today which could lead to being able to decrypt eboots (way later) but other than that nothing much has happened in regards to the actual system.

I suppose that's understandable if the focus is more on seeing what they can do with what works now for 3.60. What's the deal with PFS keys though? Just curious as to what sort of importance they hold.

As of today, if it was released after World of Final Fantasy and its not Dragon Quest Builders its a guaranteed bet you'll need to be on 3.61 or higher. I wouldn't hold your breath for any developments in the near future. If you want to play the new games you'll need to either update your existing system or buy a new PSVita/PSTV. I would buy a new one and go from there, keep your existing system for translations and such. Especially considering we may end up seeing a Ciel noSurge translation.

Nothing really major, Game dumpers were already bypassing this but now keys are actually documented.

That's what I was thinking. Maybe the local used multimedia chain might still have a PS TV I saw there a while back. No clue if it's going to be average prices or less (at the time I wasn't actively checking), though maybe if I'm lucky it'll be another case of me finding something there for half or less than normal.

Craigslist would work too. You're after a system that can play new games, so if doesn't matter if they've updated past 3.60.

I don't know where you live but Amazon US generally has new PSTVs for $50~, probably less if used.

I love how the Vita is still alive 5 years after its launch with loads of games still coming out.

That's actually in line with consoles in the generation it was released in and it probably won't last past 2018.

Good point about Craigslist, but I'm honestly not all that sure how many people out where I live have a Vita, let alone a PS TV. Might be worth checking though.

Another question though: Can you have your PSN account connected to both a Vita and PS TV, or is it an either/or deal where you can only have your account active on one at a given time? Just figured I might as well ask.

Spent $190 on it. Had just seen it often for $200 a couple months back and now I can only see it for $300-350. So I figured screw it, I dont want to waiting and have it go up more.

You can have up to (3?) PS Vitas active on a PSN account at once. I'm not sure if the max is three but I know it's more than 1.

Vita has been a really good system. Its easily my favorite this generation. But is right, 2017 is going to be the Vita's last decent year. Get used to the idea of buying a Nintendo Switch as that system is probably going to absorb the developers for Vita.

You can have a maximum of 3 Vita's, including PSTVs, connected to a single account. There is a trick where you can activate a Vita with a PS3 without updating. Keep that in mind as a just in case.

Yeesh, that's still like .hack//IMOQ tier pricing, even if on the lower end of the spectrum for the game these days. Shame that things like that $90 copy I saw locally don't happen real often, and if prices keep going up like I doubt they'll even be that low in the future.

Cool, thanks for the information. One more thing: As far as legitimately downloaded games I already have on my 3.60 Vita, could I still put them on the PSTV as is, or are those a "can only be on one device at a time" deal and I'd need to delete them from my Vita before I could?

Yeah I found 'em. Seems pfba needs compilation though there's no .vpk floating around. At least it's easy.

Download the SDK as per the paint-by-numbers instructions.
vitasdk.org/
Then do the same for pfba as per its Vita instructions.

View cached versions. Or just get over it. Good information is good regardless of source.

Anyone of your activated Vita systems can play any game tied to your account.

I guess I forgot that because the Wii U is already dying out this year.

It makes me wonder though that since the Vita isnt a commercial success, what will happen to consoles later down the line when they break and they stop manufacturing them, or memory cards, or game cartridges. As for the Switch I wonder if it'll take the Vita's position since they arent making a successor.

Well it looks like it will end up being the handheld replacement for japan based on the pre-orders selling out over there. But for jap dev support? Unless nintendo stops inflating their licensing fees for making games on their platform, you won't see as many devs as the vita got. That's why the 3DS only got a fraction of the games the Vita got despite selling more systems; Nintendo's fees are fucking ridiculous

The memory cards have always been the Vita's weakest link, if any hardware competent will fail in large numbers it will be those. Somebody is developing a MicroSD adapter but its very early and we have no idea if anything will ever come of it.

The Switch will end up with the Japanese games the Vita's successor would have had if it existed. Developers will have to move somewhere now that the Vita is winding down. Portables are big in Japan, and the Switch is the only portable in gen 9. I'm willing to bet we'll see lots of PS4/Switch titles. I personally don't like Nintendo, but I also don't like Sony. Things will be as they be.

Yeah, I know. I remember you mentioning that a long time back. Still wish I had somehow been able to buy it for that price. But oh well, the deed is done and now I dont have to worry about Vita collecting expensive stuff as long as I stay ontop of the upcoming ones.

Okay, thanks again.

Thus far you mean. Though I suppose Sony doesn't seem apt to want to try their luck with another handheld and depending on how the Switch does, Nintendo might pull what they did with the DS having been originally "third pillar" with the GBA and Gamecube and wind up killing off the prior handheld line if it gets popular enough.

Yeah, it's unfortunate that that store still hasn't worked out all the kinks for getting all their video games available on their online storefront (I've heard that cart only games have been the big issue), otherwise maybe you could have probably bought it that way. Hell, they're storefront doesn't even listed prices (at least what a game was last marked as) unless it's a game actually available to order at a given time.

Hadn't thought of checking the cache, that was a good idea. Unfortunately still nothing really good on that end (even checked some caches of apparently archives halfchan threads). I'll keep checking back that way and mention if I find anything tangible for confirmation on that end.

I guess its not impossible, but I honestly doubt Sony will be making another portable. Shuhei Yoshida said sometime last year that the "climate wasn't healthy" for a Vita successor. I'd be happy if they made a successor but I honestly don't think they will.

The Switch does decently it will replace the 3DS, ignore the smoke Nintendo is blowing up everyone's ass.

There is no way Nintendo won't drop the 3DS instantly if the Switch takes off. They won't want to cut into their own market.
I hope it does work out because a handheld that can plug into my TV has been a dream for years

I just seriously hope that we would still get all these niche japanese titles on the Switch and Nintendo wont go ruining them by censoring everything. I dont want to lose those games once the Vita is dead and all we have is the Switch for handhelds.

Thats the big question. Treehouse will ruin every Nintendo game by censoring them. Would Nintendo force third parties to censor their games is the mystery. How about games like Gal*Gun? Would Nintendo Gal*Gun on Switch? How about limited physical copies? Too much we don't know and nothing we could do about it even if we did.

If nintendo doesn't have a hand in publishing the games or the localization process, the games should be fine. Nintendo just won't promote the game in a direct, just look at the Senran Kagura games on the 3DS.

Thats why the 3DS barely got any games? Thats so strange considering the DS had loads of games. Granted I guess I should say good cartridge releases considering the amount of shit there was on the eshop.

Eh, I have a feeling devs will probably move to mobile or PC ports for gaijin money.

I genuinely didnt expect Borderlands 2 to feel this unplayable on Vita. It makes playing it on PC a million times more appealing.

Who greenlit the idea of porting the entirety of BL2 to a handheld that can barely handle it? Its admirable but it sure as hell didnt work out in terms of framerate.

Yeah, the DS was cheap enough to develop for that it counter out Nintendo's fees. Well dev costs went up with the 3DS. Coupled with nintendo's fees it made games really hard to be profitable.
What happened with Neverland Co., Ltd. is a prime example why devs avoid nintendo as much as possible; Neverland released Rune Factory 4 on the 3DS and the game sold better than the previous games, but it forced the company into bankruptcy due to the game not selling enough to cover the development cost and Nintendo's licensing fees.

Nintendo is the biggest reason why there isn't a Rune Factory 5

Jesus christ, how high are their fees?

There has never been official number because confidentiality agreements. There have been random user devs posting on jap imageboards saying it the fees are 2.5 times greater than Sony's licensing fees, but it's never been truly verified.

Works pretty well from what I can see. A bit of slowdown but nothing too serious. Aiming with a stick isn't as good as the Trackpoint-esque thing on N3DS though.

Even worse speed than RetroArch for tgm2, sad. The UI is nice though.

Vita is still the go-to for lewd games though. Actually I can't think of a single R-18 rated 3DS game in Australia. Senran Kagura Burst was only MA. There's a few for Vita.

I seem to recall some Atlus guy hinting at Nintendo being the side responsible for FE x Persona's censorship (some tweet saying that issues with the censorship should be directed at Nintendo and not them), but that game might have been afflicted by it due to Fire Emblem itself being Nintendo's own property and thus NoA calling the shots even if Atlus themselves didn't want to.

Considering the rather low amount of M rated (or what would have been M rated had they come over in some cases, like the older MegaTen games that had to be fan translated) games Nintendo systems tend to see, if Switch had been the only option for handhelds at the time, I'm not sure Gal*Gun would have had a handheld enabled version. Better question might be, would having the sole handheld enabled next gen system make Nintendo a bit more lax as to what is developed and brought west for it, or would they rather crack down and tell people wanting to make suggestively inclined games to fuck off and develop elsewhere.

From what I've heard, Australia (and Germany) have the issue that with certain games, the rating boards refuse to even rate them, and thus the game doesn't see a local release (at least physically; not sure about if you can still get stuff like Valkyrie Drive off the rooland PSN). Could account for some games that might otherwise see higher ratings not being present.

Why the hell would it be that high? Just because the game you're wanting to make would be on Nintendo's system and Nintendo is the big legacy name?

Same reason why Sony priced their vita memory cards so high; pic related. I read a really good article on the fees and Neverland's closure, whenever I find it again I'll drop it here.

If you find it, take a screencap or archive for posterity.

Kind of reminds of how Square and Atlus were prone to charging more than average for handheld games at times, as if their logo being on the front made it worth more than other games were at release.

Strictly speaking, they do, it's called RC (refused classification, a fancy way of saying "banned") and is given out to stuff beyond the maximum rating. Historically this was a problem for games because we didn't have an R-18 rating, only the much more restrictive MA-15.

The problem here is all of your thoughts are coming from a western perspective. There are plenty of racy and lewd games all about the DS and 3DS library. They just don't import them. Granted, there's more freedom through developing for Sony handhelds, but Nintendo of Japan does not hold their domestic market to the same standard or regard as the foreign market (us).

If you ever get a moment, dig through the DS or 3DS offerings in Japanese, highlight a few samples, and look up gameplay. Aside of super-lewd things on Moe Pirates/Crystals/Chronicles level, you'll find quite a bit that wouldn't see any standard release over here. Medabots is first thing that comes to mind.

Why.

I thought by "Refused classification" that it was like they took one look, got triggered, and just went "not in my country" without even giving the game a more thorough analysis.

And yet these days it seems even occasional games that NA deems appropriate enough for a T rating get a refusal, like MeiQ.

You can fix those issues by OCing but I assume you recently bought it and probably aren't on 3.60

I already hated Nintendo because they don't try to make good consoles (and they don't because nobody gives enough of a fuck to compete in the handheld market) but this just makes me wish the Switch dies and takes Nintendo with them.

I think it's also because NoA sees themselves as an importer of Children's games and defender of innocence rather than the American branch of Nintendo that releases whatever people develop and license for release.

I could be wrong but I believe unlike in the US Australia's rating board is mandatory and "Refused Classification" is technically "We aren't going to rate this" but it also means it can't come in at all. Apparently Australia doesn't have consenting adults that want to play lewd games.
As far as I know ESRB ratings aren't mandatory (as in, no where in any US laws I've seen does it require ratings) but nearly every major retailer refuses to carry unrated games. They also refuse to carry AO games but that is entirely a nonissue because console manufacturers don't allow AO games on their consoles (in the US, this is different in other locales such as CERO having a Z rating and there is a market for the games but they tend to be physical only). Digital content doesn't have to be rated by the ESRB and online retailers generally can also get around the rules the ESRB tries to enforce as they aren't a brick and mortar store and aren't bound by similar restrictions.

I think, in this Gen, if Sony actually tried and put in the whole ten miles to develop, market, and release a handheld they could actually hurt Nintendo and put some actual competition in the handheld market. Because at this point Nintendo doesn't have to try, if one of their consoles fails to move units they just announce a Zelda, Mario, or Pokemon and they instantly sell out and it is infuriating how little effort they put in.

In a way it is, but the decision has to adhere to a particular standard, not the whim of whoever is classifying it, whereas as mentioned in the previous thread, in New Zealand there is someone with executive order to ban things. Also RC is called "objectionable" over there, totally different.

As I said, RC is ironically a classification, and a fancy name for "banned", even the goddamn site says it.

Yeah, and you don't even have to release it! It's amazing.

Are new vitas on 3.60? Just got one at a good price on ebay.

Manufacture date is relevant, new colors no, if it was made for the US/EU yes. Bundles are all below 3.60

Randy Shitford needs dem shekels after Stillborn and Memelands The Prequel bombing.

It has no Japanese text on the box so I reckon it's US/EU. Thanks.

Fuck that. Switch customers won't even buy the shit. Oh well, I guess it's more incentive for me to learn nip.

Runs pretty well when you turn up the clock speed. Much more consistent frame rates.

Nintendo is trying to fail at this point. Do they think it'll sell well on whatever the Switch is supposed to be? They keep claiming it's a hybrid but I feel like they won't commit either way until they how people really use it, if at all and then, if needed, release a successor to the 3DS or whatever bogged home console gimmick they think of next.

Does it still require you to connect to some cancerous middle-man server to play games?

You do to install it, but not to play a game.

This is why I gave up on using Henkaku. No translation patches or any info I could find if patches would even work with physical games. It's a shame cause modding games on the Vita would have been great.

Dude that ported the retranslation to re;birth3 here. Back when PSN spoofing was working I bought re;birth 3 digital and that's what I worked with on the port job. I was gonna do the same to re;birth 2 but I was able to find vpks for it, the latest patch and the DLC. It is possible to mod legit copies at least in this case since the vita has its own folder for patches.

Cool to see that it works with digital downloads. Don't know if folder structure works the same with physical copies, but if it does, then I would be kicking myself for updating my firmware out of 3.60.

It does, I was able to patch in the undub for Conception 2 on my physical copy, since it's the same patch location.

Well, damn. I will be even more despaired if there is an actual transkation patch for Genkai Tokki Seven Pirates and Moe Crystal.

Someone is working on a translation for Moe Crystal, no idea if we'll ever see the end result.
As for Neptunia, the PC versions of Rebirth;2 and Rebirth;3 just released on GOG, so you can get them DRM free., then apply the fixed translation patch. Or you can pirate them.

I already own the Re;Birth games on Steam so I am good on that.

Is there absolutely no way to rollback a firmware version?

There is absolutely no way to rollback the firmware. I remember some people discussing swapping out their 3.61 motherboard for a motherboard that was on 3.6 or lower. That would be your only path to a lower firmware. You could buy another Vita thats on a lower firmware, there is luck required there.

Pure despair! Looks like I will have to sell my 2DS and games so that I can get a second Vita with 3.60.

What was suggested to me was buying off Amazon new (not used!) from the USA because they stopped making them for the west well before 3.61. For reference the one I got recently was around 3.51 or something, from leaf country going by the default language and English/French instructions bundled. The Slims charge from micro USB too so no issue with foreign power adapters.

In all honesty I don't find the hacks particularly great. I'll be keeping it at 3.60 in case they drastically improve, and the odd bit of homebrew.

Some path that is! That's like how Apple fixes broken computer parts.

I see. Perhaps I should not worry about trying to get a second Vita until Moe Crystal ends up getting fully translated. Best option right now is to learn to read the runes since all these Vita games that look fun are not coming over.

So how's earth defence force 2?

Great. If you want a fun PvE shooter it would be the one to get. It also has a physical copy.

Here's a review from Classic Game Room.

I swapped my motherboard and it worked. 30 bucks to buy from china on aliexpress.
>reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/59tv9u/downgrading_by_replacing_motherboard/
It's reddit but it works. Takes about a month to come in though.

I just got henkaku and I'm a dumbass. I have no idea what I'm doing. How do i actually get games?

What is the best dungeon crawler on the Vita?

Brandish: The Dark Revenant

I've already got that on my PSP, is there anything else?

There are tons, but I haven't gotten around to finishing most of them. I don't feel comfortable suggesting something I haven't beat

Someone here will answer you eventually since dungeon crawlers come up in these threads frequently.

Took a look while I was getting dinner for if that local chain around where I live might have cheaper than average PS TVs. They don't; it's still the average $40 there. Guess I might need to save my money, or wait for another potential half off sale like I recall PSTVs having on Amazon or somewhere a while back.

Out of curiosity, is there an active Mega or something with the Vita versions of Rebirth 2 and 3 with the retranslations prepatched and with the DLC, given how devoted some anons are to Nep (given both that there's an entire board, a constant thread, and the entire retranslation effort)? I remember checking Nicoblog a while back (given they have a Vita section), but they've only got the official western releases of the games.

Depends on if you want a challenge or anime tiddies.

Not a large amount luck, just knowing how to look. PSTVs are always below 3.60 and all the (non imported) new vitas on amazon are sub 3.60 because none of those were produced when 3.61 was current. You can also get luck on Amazon with refurbished models sometimes by using Amazon's return policy to check them/return if they're over 3.60 but a lot of people that are advertising as below 3.60 are going to charge more because they generally know what they have.
Imports are where luck comes in but you can generally figure those out too. New colors are all 3.61, black/white/older colors are generally going to be sub 3.60 etc

Dungeon Travelers 2

We only released it as a patch, it would be up to someone else to make a pre-patched vpk. Also, only the R;B3 vita port is done, R;B2 will be out soon™.

Ah. I guess I'll wait for both to be done before asking around then.

challenge

Is Dungeon Travelers 2 more challenge or anime tiddies?

DT2 is challenge WITH anime tiddies. You'll get your ass kicked on postgame I swear.

It's a slowburn, it starts with quite a bit of anime tiddies and puzzles. Then you hit postgame and get fucked by terrifying shit.

Excellent, thank you.

You two don't have toaster PCs? Nobunaga's Ambition has never been a very intensive game.

Does anyone on the Vita general even have PCs? Do they all post with their Vitas?

I have the PC version, I just want a portable version of it so I can play it all nestled in bed

It's dangerous to go alone. Take this.

What are the other good DRPG games on Vita besides DT2?

There's an infographic on the first post that lists decent games on the platform, a few are DRPGs.
Of the ones I've played I would say Moe Chronicle is alright if you're after waifus and MeiQ is good enough if you've finished all the others. I've also heard Demon Gaze is good but I haven't played it.

youtube.com/watch?v=HphEASVDITA

Otoh I can find ass cheap vitas below 3.60 around here since it's not really popular plus people that sell them used got them during the time PES and MK9 were new.

Learning runes for me then.

God bless you, and thank you for the Australian spoon feeding.

No problem. He also has a video on how to apply updates and DLC, which is really simple.

Oh and also, am I completely incompetent, or is there a reason why the op doesn't just have a link to this r/vitapiracy page?

reddit.com/r/VitaPiracy/comments/582g9d/everything_you_need_to_know_about_vita_piracy_and/
Seems like it would help a lot of psvita newfags like myself.

Because reddit is bullshit run on feelings and faggotry.

I know reddit is fucking shit but a lot less new faggotry would be wasting your time in these threads

It's out of date too, vpk is a horrid game dump format, PSP emu has been accessible since December, they even suggest an OCing homebrew that has been succeeded This is also the vitagen not just piracy.

MeiQ – honestly, buy it at no more than half price. This game had promise but fell flat on its face with storywriting and clunky mechanics.

I don't think that's what user was referring to. Borderlands 2 is just a shit game all around. Not even worth playing, let alone beating the main story.

These are why i don't link /r/vitapiracy

Is USB mass storage available yet?

Windjammers when

Geez, going back to Muramasa after getting used to the Odin Sphere battle system really feels like a step back.

I typically don't play games on PC, especially since I stopped using Windows. I'd much rather have it on the Vita.

gematsu.com/2017/01/dungeon-travelers-2-2-adds-new-character-ruco-characters-dungeon-travelers-2

Yes… it was added in Vitashell 1.5

Also VGP has for preorder…

Part of why I had been holding back on playing Muramasa until I'd gotten through Odin Sphere, as I'd heard that Vanillaware generally improved on stuff between games. Hearing about the apparent lag issues the NA PS2 version of Odin Sphere had wasn't the most appealing thing so I kept waiting, but with the announcement of Leifthrasir, that became something of a non-issue and I went ahead and played Muramasa Rebirth first.

Still need to get around to Odin Sphere Leifthrasir though.

I'm 100% certain I want to own physical copies of the Utawarerumono games, but I don't want to go too much further in debt to acquire them. I wonder what the chances are they'll go down in price or I could get some kind of discount before they all go out of stock…

Maybe I should just bite the bullet and preorder now.

Picked up a couple of Vita games yesteday, nothing too special. Just Gal Gun and Katamari. I wanted Dragon's Crown and Muramasa Rebirth as well but they weren't in stock, not at all surprising. What was surprising is Katamari having some teeth. Not just in the grading either I actually failed the 5th stage 3 times in a row (and wow it was worth it, the failure scene is hilariously dark).

Is $55 leafbux the standard for a Vita game these days? Seems a tad expensive to me.

No, they typically release for 40 USD. Some of these recent releases have been bumped up in price.

I refused to buy Gal Gun on principle. That game runs like trash, and it makes no sense.

I really liked the parodius and gradius collections on PSP. Is there any chance at all for an Otomedius port to the vita?

Another PSN sale is up
store.playstation.com/#!/en-ca/ps-essentials-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-ESSENTIALSSALELP/1

How is Adventures of Mana on the Vita? Is the localization shit like other SE games?

I'm glad to hear Touch My Katamari isn't super easy. I like the series a lot, but haven't gotten around to playing Touch My Katamari yet so that's encouraging to hear. Also happy to hear the failure sequences are still crushing.

I haven't seen any bitching about translation quality but you could pirate it and try it if you have access to a vita with 3.60

Sadly my vita isn't 3.60, I was thinking of looking around for a cheap TV vita if piracy is possible on them

T-thanks.

You can generally get a Vita TV for $50~ new on Amazon US , 35$ used but obviously comes with the caveat that it might not be 3.60. Piracy is possible on them, I think its mostly that it doesn't have a way to use usb transfer that would slow you down.

The Physical cart is 3.60

Oh thank goodness.

So how do you transfer stuff then?

I believe it supports FTP or possibly QCMA using the .mp4 trick. FTP is just slow as fuck.

It is also in the US store page.
Question: is it the same if buy it there?
I dont think so

Eh, guess I'll just save up for another vita instead.

It auto redirects where ever it detects your IP, US and CAD have the same store, just different prices and a few games that can't be sold in canada because licensing issues. If you click on the link or sign in you'll get the US store, same if you copy-pasted the US link it would send me to the canadian store instead.

Vita shell updated so you can use the charge without the need for a content manager

I already in sled content manager.
Did I fuck up?

Did Toukiden 2 get confirmed for a physical release?

Yup, which is odd considering besides the NISA deals for Atelier there hasn't been a physical Vita release from Koei Tecmo since Toukiden Kiwami.

God I hope they're handling the vita version by themselves. I don't want to give NISA money

Good it's self published. Also seems like it's their way to test the waters with physical vita releases again.
archive.is/pztvv#selection-1329.0-1347.92

fug

I'm just gonna get the vita LE and pirate the ex+ PC version

Shit, I'll buy this even if it won't play on my 3.60

Was Daganrompa any good? I have 2 sitting on my shelf I got cheap, and only barely played 1.

Demon Gaze II got confirmed for western release already? Or is it just Asian-English?

I'm not big on hunting games, MH4U satisfied that itch for probably the next few years, but if this one turns out alright gameplay-wise (framerate and responsiveness) I'd buy it too. Free online play is a nice bonus.

Holy fuck I'm retarded. I thought toukiden was a 2d game.

Guess you never looked at gameplay of it?

It came out the same time as another vita game, but that one for sure was 2d scoller. I stupidly assumed they both were.

Why. I was enjoying it so far but shit is horrible.

Doe the game still have the old circular menus that the older Mana games have, or are you stuck cluttering the screen like that? I understand the Vita version is a mobile port but I'd think decluttering the screen would be a more than acceptable change due to the difference in format.

It has the circular menu, that's the what that ring thing is. But you're stuck with all this trash that could easily been shrunk/disabled since everything has it's own button. It would have been a fine port if it wasn't for this shit.

I'd expect Square just got really lazy with it if it was only originally going to be a mobile game and putting it on the Vita was an afterthought, but doing some checking it launched for both phones and the Vita on the same day in Japan, so I have no clue how they couldn't have looked at the mobile-inclined HUD as being an issue for people playing with an actual handheld prior to release.

It may well still be too easy for a good player, I play pretty casually, which is fine for the first game, and actually it's easy to forget about the morph feature which really helps for speed. Stage 5 was also an exception not the rule.

Also speaking of bad ports and design, I'm thankful that despite the title, they let you use the physical controls for most of it (except morphing). The King can judge me all he wants, screw touch-only controls (cough DS cough).

You're more sensible than me. I had no expectations except that it looked like my kind of bad game.

only if it's the official one and you updated your vita

Are there any good horror games for the Vita? I tried google but I've mostly just found indie/RPG Maker-esque games.

Honestly, no. There aren't. Resident Evil Revelations 2 is pretty good, if you can turn up the clock speed, but it might not be what you're looking for. I'd recommend emulating one of the older games.

Bigger scans

Oh speaking of RPG Maker, I forgot to try EasyRPG on Vita, it's way more solid than the 3DS one which has some serious audio issues and a distracting fake numpad on the touchscreen.

That sucks. It would be pretty comfy to play some on long train journies or something.

That Forgotten Memories seems interesting, at least.

For any canadafags there are a few Vita games on sale at amazon.ca, including the TOCS LE which isn't marked as such.
amazon.ca/Legend-Heroes-Trails-Steel-Lionheart/dp/B015HAL2OK

Coming never.

Day 1.
I hope they fixed how to get non-monster materials are obtained, it was way too tedious. That was my only problem with the series.

OClock or Better Amphetamine for overclocking the Vita? Nights of Azure came and want to test on it. Why the fuck do you need to dump the cart to OC the game?

Because currently there is no way to use plugins on an encrypted game or something.

gbatemp.net/threads/release-the-fruit-of-grisaia-all-ages-ps-vita-english-patch-restoration-patch-in-the-works.458642/

Also might prove interesting for some of you niggers. Another VN got translated.

Pretty shit, but good enough reason I suppose. Why I can't just OC the device from the main dash is beyond me. Would have thought that'd solve everything.

I enjoyed Lone Survivor and Corpse Party is pretty good if you can see through the constant loading and the animu art style.
That's about it for horror on the Vita though. Then again the home systems are lacking in horror games as well decent ones anyway.

Also as far as I'm aware Better Amphetamine hasn't been updated since October of last year while OClock has been rather regular with its updates.

So how lost would I be if I started playing Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star without any prior knowledge of any Type Moon related stuff outside Melty Blood? One of my online orders got mixed up and I got sent a copy. I contacted the seller and they said I could keep the game as an apology for the error.

I'd say you're fucked, but from what I've heard Extella is almost all Extra-centric focus on Caster fox and Red Saber, with sparse attention to the additional Servants. If you already have it, just go at it. It's a Musou Lite, after all.

This boner cannot possibly be contained.

Fact: Vita threads are erp hotspots

A gyaru loli at that. Who are those 3 store-exclusive characters? Are they from the older games, or are they new too?

Thanks user

TOKYO XANADU WHEN
CALIGULA WHEN

Alright thanks user.

Tokyo Xanadu got confirmed for summer
blog.us.playstation.com/2017/01/17/action-rpg-tokyo-xanadu-coming-to-ps4-and-ps-vita-this-year/

Does the isometric viewpoint bother you?

Didn't bothered me, there was never really anything that would obstruct your view

DT2-2 Trailer

gematsu.com/2017/01/dungeon-travelers-2-2-debut-trailer-game-flow-mercenary-buddy-system-characters-detailed

Starts at 2:25

not revealing much beyond what's already known. Shame. I'd have liked to know about gameplay alterations if any this time around. Cupid lewd as fuck, though.

Is there anything notable coming out next month outside of Ys Origin? I was thinking of restarting Toukiden to get ready for the sequel if there isn't much coming out in February.

I wonder how much will be the same… Probably nearly all of it considering how slowly games in this genre tend to evolve.

Too many to list off right now, last 4 were angry bird wars, world of Final Fantasymon, Soldner x2, and God eater 2 PAL edition.

Why the fuck is Re;Birth 1 a pain in the ass to get in the Europe compared to 2 and 3? Was it physical only for the US or some shit?

How many Vita games get physical only releases anyhow, aside from ones that used to be dual physical/PSN and have seen their PSN versions removed? Seems like most companies opt to go for both, or just digital only?

Did anyone hear what the reception of Dynasty Warriors: Godseekers was in japan?

Here is a list of all the new shit from the wiki;

I think I fucked myself out of being able to use Switchkaku and the offline installer thing, every time I try setting it up it spits out some kind of error about the email database and I have not been able to find a workaround.

Anything I can do to get around this? If I have to format my fucking Vita and start over I will but I'd like a way to be able to back it up first, preferrably over USB if possible.

I'm feeling generous. Is there any specific import Vita game that isn't uploaded that you guys are looking for?

I don;t want to buy I new vita, I like the one I have

Buy a new battery.

Nobunaga's Ambition, but I have no clue if it can be dumped.

Just to make sure; is this the right battery?

Any chance one of you gents could post the undubbed Persona 4 iso? Undubbing it is a pain in the ass.

Never replaced it myself, so I can't say, but judging from the listing, it is for the original model.

Okay good, that's what I have. Thanks.

It seems like the HK version of Nobunaga's Ambition has been dumped. Can't seem to find a link for it.

Is Omega Labyrinth uploaded anywhere?

Yeah, it's part of that torrent.

I really hope we get this by the end of the year. DT2 was my favorite game to come out in years. A great combination of challenging and lewd.

I never hated the first game but it definitely was repetitive and lacked variety. This is actually sounding pretty nice. Sure they've taken some things from Monster Hunter but if it makes the game better then there's no shame in copying.

Turns out I didn't need to buy a new battery, I just needed to open up the system disconnect then reconnect the battery. Now everything works fine.

I gave the repetition and lack of variety a pass because Monster Hunter had the same problems when it first started, but I stuck with it because it did enough different that it felt fresh. Especially in terms of the combat. Honestly I'm more excited for Toukiden 2 than I am for MHXX despite being a big MHfag

I'm hoping they make Toukiden 2 fun, that claw thing certainly looks sweet. But the NPCs made Toukiden Kiwami way too easy in early game i only say early game because I didn't even get halfway through before getting bored with it honestly. Sure you could solo stuff, but then you're just not hunting effectively.
I guess what i'm saying is I hope they have the hunts scaled to how many NPCs, or online/local buddies, who are hunting with you, that way it's not so piss easy. That all being said. I still love the idea behind Toukiden and hunting Oni and all that comes with that in terms of the themes and lore.

Grats on your battery by the way.

Please, respond. No trackers I'm a part of have this uploaded.

Nyaa has a torrent of it. It has some seeds.
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=845821

Thanks, but I should have clarified I wanted the 2.0 patch version. That one is the same as the pastebin one, it's 1.0.

Oh. Haven't found any for that one yet. That patch also replaces the video files, right? I think there's a pack of the videos floating around - you can CMA or FTP those and do it manually.

The nyaa one already replaces them. I think 2.0 mostly fixes the battle voices.

I am more excited for it too. I'm a little burnt out on MH so a different hunting game would be nice. God Eater 2 and Resurrection were fun but they really need to combine the blood moves from 2 and the custom devour system from Res. It makes for a great movement system and a fun combat system. Make some better level designs and it's golden.

They could just tone down the damage allies do by half. That way they're reliable but don't do most of the work. Or they could add more hunts where you fight more than 1 demon.

So I've gotten around to setting up my PSTV with a DualShock 4 and have been having a blast playing Gravity Rush. My only issue is that I am unable to properly use the gravity slide ability due to the PSTV not utilizing the DualShock 4's gyroscope for whatever reason. Is there any way to fix this? Also, does anyone have the DLC for the game.

Thinking of buying a new Vita to replace my old scratched up one, do they still come 3.60 or below or am I fucked in that regard? Old or New models don't matter.

Almost all of them come with 3.60 unless its one from Japan.

Vita production for new non-JP units has stopped. This means that any sealed new Vita from western regions will be hackable. Only Japan keeps getting new units with 3.61+.

Neat, thanks. That should make things much easier for me.

Good luck, user. Watch out for used / not sealed systems, though. Some stores do a full reset + update before putting systems back on sale.

"new" and ">3.60" are mutually exclusive and you can take it back for being falsely advertised. Anyway as already mentioned Amazon seems like a safe bet. I tried a few local pawn shops before that which let me check the version.

I'd still be careful with Amazon, even in the new department. Had some chucklefuck in the past send me a clearly used PSP he'd had listed as "New." Upon inquiry, he said "LoL meant like new" and that was the last contact I had (I wouldn't even consider it "like new" with how scuffed it was). Thankfully Amazon themselves refunded me, and I got an actually new PSP with the money from Target instead. Also got to keep the other PSP since no one could get in contact with the seller (even asked Amazon themselves what to do about it, and they said to just keep it since the guy didn't seem to want it back).

Is maidump still the best way to install games?

Other than the odd game that just isn't compatible with maidump, yes.

So how long does it usually take digital only games to show up online to pirate?

store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/play-anime-sale/cid=STORE-MSF192018-BANDAINAMCOSALEG

Pacman is my favorite anime

I know nothing about the Fate series or anything related to it, other than that it is popular with a particular set of waifufags who talk about the gameplay less than even the fans of the Atelier games. Can some fine anons please provide their opinions on it and the games? I don't even know what genre this new one is supposed to be since it seems to be coasting along on name alone.

I can't find any brand new stock of the Vita here in britbongistan and it seems to be the same in the US. Has Sony discontinued the Vita? If so, can anybody link to an official declaration?

Also, what happened to the autistic toranon? I haven't posted in these threads for months.

Don't bother with Fate games if you are not invested in the Fate universe. They are just average.

Read the original Visual Novel first. Then decide if you find it interesting enough to play the games.

On that note, here's the VN download link:

nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=427133

Thanks for the replies. Weirdly enough, and I have to point this out, there was nothing said about the games specifically, aside from needing to build an interest in the universe/characters/fiction before being able to enjoy any of them. Reminds me a lot of what is said of the SAO games, except those are all generally known to be ARPG games of varying but similar quality.

Might check out that VN later.

Trails of cold steel II torrent stuck at 86.56%.
Life is suffering

aw shit its a vita thread
how do i fix the fucking save bug
i tried the thing with the list.dat and I still get it

Are you retarded?

Get it off mega or gdrive through PSVITAiso or something.

Also, how long until the LV 0 security hack that just got discovered is usable to sign updates without actually updating or however your properly phrase it? I hope it is by the time SRW:V comes out.

Apparently Sony has stopped manufacturing the Vita for the west, although it isn't discontinued yet.

How accurate this is is unknown, that said, I think the end is very nigh.

RIP VITA 2011-2017
you were pretty okay

it all returns to nothing, it all comes tumbling down, tumbling down, tumbling down

Can someone tell me when Vita Piracy is going to become a thing? How good is it now?

Maybe as long as it took for a9lh on the 3ds to become a usable thing.

Several months ago.

Wait, what? Do you mean you can actually install CFW and play any pirated game?

CFW is still in the very early stages, but you can install any pirated game as long as it doesn't require a firmware higher than 3.60.

Ah, i see. Well, good to know that. Thanks for the info!

There is no estimate. No real progress has been made, but they're now able to begin testing.

Picked up Muramasa Rebirth, and got my memory card in today. Finally time to go nuts with this thing!

Are there any good Vita-related hacking talks?

Gravity Rush 2

I don't know…

Nioh and NieR: Automata

I keep buying video games, but I don't play them. I need help.

Starting all the hacking from scratch after having maidumptool just be a flaky mess. Should I even bother to do my own cartridges instead of downloading ones from other people? In particular, I don't care that much about missing DLC but do about missing software updates.

It's fucking impossible to find Ar Nosurge below 200 nowadays, isn't it?

Pretty much. Though I've seen it cheaper at times, both online and once locally. Think the last "cheap" copy I saw was on Amazon some months back for $120 or something, I forget the exact number but it was a good bit cheaper than normal, and didn't specify if it came with anything more than the cart and case/cover.

Shame that TK seems to think there hasn't been a viable enough western market for normal retail physical releases of Gust's games on the system, and the few that have seen physical releases have all been solely distributed by NISA in NA (I've heard PAL somehow got a standard release of Shallie Plus though). Makes it a real issue for some anons, in that when an limited physical happens, it's either pay $55 plus shipping (and tax, depending on the state) with NISA's cancerous ass getting a cut of it (thankfully they don't get to touch the code or script, and just handle distribution for Gust's games now), or pay some absurd amount on the aftermarket to avoid NISA getting a cent. Or you just do what TK seems to want and buy them digitally and eat up memory card space (with Gust's games usually being multiple GB of data). Thus the west gets left between a rock and a hard place, all because TK apparently doesn't think retail/Amazon stocked physicals are worth the effort and won't open their own online storefront to sell off.

Dunno whether to bite the bullet and get it, or just buy other games instead. It's this or Kantai Collection and Soul Sacrifice Delta for half the cost.

I'll put it this way: To my knowledge, Surge Concerto is similar to the Ar Tonelico series before it and as such isn't for everyone, as AT is pretty damn niche. Have you done much research on it to feel like it's worth dropping that kind of money on? If not, mayhaps Ion-user or some other user that's played it and liked it can give you their thoughts. I will say though that I have seen it occasionally get into PSN sales for like $20, which is a farcry from $200+ for a physical copy these days, so if you're willing to buy digital, it might be worth it to wait for that "safer" purchase, as far as getting your money's worth I mean, if you're on the fence.

I already have it digital and enjoyed the fuck out of it. It's just the fact I hate digital in comparison.

I'll probably wait. Hopefully won't be one of the '200 now but 300 later' sort of shit.

I've tried in the past to keep occasional tabs on it and mention here, or in collection/buyfag threads, if I see one at below average price. Unfortunately I don't think that's been of much help to the average user interested in it though; either the timing of a good find isn't right (posters interested having already given up and bought it at average price), or it's unavailable to ship to them and a drive would be way too far (in terms of seeing one at about half price out here locally in the past).

If you liked it a hell of a lot and are worried about the possibility of the game no longer being available digitally one day (I doubt the PSN is going to be forever), it's certainly something to give some serious thought to picking up physically. But that's still a hell of a price hike compared to the original value. Even if you like the game a lot, I'm not sure if you'd wind up feeling dropping $200 was worth it later. For example, with Xenoblade Wii, I'm certainly glad I got it for $50 around launch, and it gave me my money's worth in enjoyment. I'm not sure I'd be able to say the same though had I gotten it during the time when copies ranged from like $120 preowned to $200+ new.

wait wut I see it in shops all the time
I'm non-burger non-yuropoor though

He's referring specifically to Ar Nosurge Plus for the Vita, which only saw a physical release as a Limited Edition run; I'm not even real sure how many copies that saw printed. Might you be thinking of the PS3 non-plus version, which is much more available in the west (on account of a non LE-only print and people who "traded up" to the Plus version)? Just curious.

OK I got it to work this time. The stupid was probably not "uninstalling" the cartridge before installing the folder in maidumptool. But I can't update it, not in the regular way, and there seems to be no documenatation on update dumping.

dualshockers.com/2017/02/03/stranger-sword-city-revisited-west/

Digital-only. Fug

But does NISA get any money? I'll put up with digital only if I can get the game without NISA getting a dime

Let me guess, the good goys that bought the first version dont get an update?

I dont think NISA get any shekels of digital sales, I think they were only involved on the physical distribution

That's only when they're not the actual publisher, as is the case with Atelier now (and even with the limited physical editions, I imagine that TK takes their $40 cut from each sale, leaving NISA with sub-$15 profit on each one sold after production costs are factored). Considering that the original Stranger of Sword City was indeed published/localized by NISA, I'm reasonably certain they'll be handling it again, in which case any sale gives them a good bit of money (and with no physical release in the west that you could track down a preowned copy of, the only way to play and avoid giving them shekels would be to pirate). To be fair though, neither that article there, nor the one on NG, outright mention who is handling the game this time, but while it could potentially be someone that isn't NISA, Experience seems to be pretty prone to using NISA when they do want games of theirs brought west (Ray Gigant apparently being an exception; looks like Actill handled that one according to Wikipedia). I suppose we'll need to hear more to be certain.

?

No big loss. The game was feature complete at launch and I can't see big enough changes making someone regret having or playing a copy they own. Resounding meh.

NISA just did the physical stuff yeah, and just for the Vita version IIRC. If you got a regretbone I think NISA had absolutely nothing to do with that one.

Kinda fucked up that NISA is fine for only doing the distribution and I would love them for that. It's a damn shame they don't understand that shoving your political agenda into your work is what is causing companies now to lose profit. Fart-sniffing coffee dispensory and junk food/cereal manufactory owners are just the first examples of mainstream acceptance of the idea that you don't have to swallow someone else's bullshit ideas of what they think you should see or think or do.

Got ranty. Vita's great. Wouldn't be surprised if they stopped making them but no biggie. Also wouldn't be surprised to learn they stopped making new memory cards which is why the prices are skyrocketing.

Ugh. Now I want to put Adrenaline on here for PSP stuff but it needs a PSP game and I can't use PSN to add one, it wants me to update. Does the PS3 method still work, and with a hacked PS3? Or (hope hope hope) is there a simpler way of doing it?

Might depend on what PSP game it needs. I've still gotten my Vita on 3.60 and was able to use the QCMA trick to bypass the firmware check to transfer stuff, at least last time I tried it (admittedly that was a while back). However, while I was able to get Trails in the Sky FC on there that way, the Vita refuses to see that I also have a transferable SC file. Plus, if whatever PSP game exploit is getting to be more known, I would expect that Sony might tweak however it is that they have it uploaded on the PSN so that a sub-current Vita system might not recognize it's transferrable somewhere down the line. Sony seems pretty apt to plug up any holes that they find out about.

Of course, I might mention that my PS3 doesn't have CFW and is at current OFW.

No its definitely for the vita

Fate finally arrived. Shit's fun, but the special edition is fucking huge compared to other SE's I've got. Also picked up Disgaea 4 Dragons Crown, Lumines, Ratchet and Clank collection and Tokiden quite cheap.

PS3 way still works. If the game isn't on the store, just log into PSN via browser and add to download queue that way. Did it for Ape Quest.

Good timing, this just released. Apparently don't need to do fuck all than install this, no need for a game.
gekihen.customprotocol.com/en/project/ePSP-Bubble-Installer

Guessing you live in Japan then? Because ANS+ physical isn't common at all here in NA.

That explains why I cant find any brand new Vita (oled or slim) or memory cards, on french online stores

still managed to get a brand new oled vita (thing was on firmware 1.60 when i launched it for the first time), with a 4GB memory card, on a retail store 2 weeks ago tho

fuck you Marvelous

I personally hate when they don't make physical reprints so I could get definitive versions and not eat my entire memory card with patches/updates

smaller model of vita when

Ooh, fantastic timing! Unfortunately it doesn't remove the need for Vita activation and PSN link, but that's apparently the next thing coming. In the meantime I'll just play SotN on RetroArch.

Unlike the N3DS XL I like the bigness of this because of the hand-fitting shape. It's not just a bunch of sharp edges.

The vita as it is now is moderately comfortable, but it's also really big if you are actually trying to put it in your pocket and takes up more desk space than it probably needs to.

I'm having fun playing Gundam Extreme Vs Force.

I was just about to sit down for an hour and give the IDU a try. Looks like I can wait a little longer for this. What website should I bookmark for when his next tool is released?

Criminal Girls psp

Probably that homebrew contest site for now, I can't find any site that the author has, like most homebrew devs use Github or something similar.

Anyone here play Ragnarok Odyssey Ace? I saw a copy for 15 bucks and was thinking of picking up to give something to play until Ys Origin and Toukiden 2 comes out.

So will all future games require over 3.60 firmware or would they still work if bought physical?

All games released after WoFF require 3.61+. The couple of games that came out after that and still worked were games that has their assets stripped and run with a JPN eboot that was released before 3.61+ became mandatory.

Looks like it won the contest and made it to Wololo
I guess they'll also keep me posted for his next tool

If I found a physical copy for that price I'd pick it up without question.

I can't speak for Ace, but the vanilla version of the game was probably one of the worst of Sony's MH clone rush during the Vita's release window. My three main complaints would be the horrific class balance (seriously, wizards were pretty much useless after the first really hard boss), completely random difficulty spikes and valleys, and how pretty much all good weapons and skills could only be obtained in post game content. I have no idea if Ace addressed any of this, but I'd be shocked if it managed to fix even half of that broken mess. Incidentally, Ragnarok Odyssey is one of three games I can name offhand that don't work on a Vita TV, the other two being Gravity Rush and Phantasy Star Online 2.

how do i install a vita game through vita shell?

Sounds like Deemo: The Last Recital is coming over for the Vita, though (according to this article, anyhow) there's no information as to if it's going to be physical or digital only.

nichegamer.com/2017/02/06/emotional-piano-rhythm-game-deemo-the-last-recital-heads-west-on-ps-vita/

I just noticed it had a demo so I'm gonna give that a whirl before I decide.

Also on a side note for importers;
cdjapan.co.jp has proxy shopping that lets search for and buy products from japan only sites. So if you're looking for some sold out jap games and don't want to deal with ebay; a new window opened up.

I'm not a shill, trust me

You don't. 99% of the time you use maidumptool and a suitable game torrent, there's one on a certain shithole that rhymes with edit. The one exception I ran into was with GGDP where the _patch was broken. I used a Vitamin VPK for that, still installed it with maidumptool though.

Latest vitashell can do USB transfers.

I was having trouble getting the latest vitashell vpk onto my vita to do that since henkaku only installed molecularshell 1.43 for me. Turned out all I had to do was enable unsafe mode and I was trying shit like disabling my firewall.

Does FFX run well? I'm still stuck with only 8gbs and I'm not bothering if it constantly stutters like Jak and Daxter did.

You couldn't pay me to play it.

New bread with Deemo as OP!

Guess it's time to stop being a total cheapskate.

Yeah, that's something to be disliked about the PSN. While some games do see permanent mark downs (Soul Sacrifice Delta, for example), some publishers are more than happy to keep asking full price on games long after physical copies have dropped in value, like they're not even trying to compete. And then there's games that either don't get a physical release anyhow (or are limited physical only) where the publisher doesn't even have preowned copies to compete against anyhow. Not that these pricing issues are exclusive to the Vita.

archive.is/rJwhl
damascusgear.net/saikyo-exodus/
So Damascus Gear did well enough in japan to get a PS4/Steam HD port and a sequel on the Vita.
Too bad the sequel won't get localized.

tetris ultimate, SoTN and nuclear throne for the most part
i really want to get a physical copy of one way heroics, since my psn region doesn't have it
i'm controlling myself to not spend all my money on dariusburst
also, somewhat unrelated, but is the vpk community reliable in terms of indies? i'm planning for when push comes to shove

I was worried to try this one, and I was right to be, it's so painfully lacking compared to other games in the series.

Ultimate also exists on 3DS, but before that there was a Hudson-developed Tetris game (Tetris Axis) which is similar looking to Ultimate, but has far more game modes and is generally superior. You can no longer buy this version, or the VC of the Game Boy version, but thankfully you can get them through freeShop. If you have a 3DS I strongly recommend giving those a try. 3DS can also play Tetris DS, and there's a TGM homebrew clone for DS too.

Basically fuck Ubisoft, they ruin everything.

Just wait for sales friend. You must have a backlog and a half by now if you were buying games that won't disappear in 5-10 years.

That's an extremely late decision.
Resurrect Cytus, please.

It's fine if you have people to play with. It's pretty boring, otherwise, unless you just like grinding through missions.

Can't speak on the post-game, but the general difficulty is more balanced and harder overall. Classes seem to be balanced as well, and the new skills help. Haven't played Wizard, though.

blog.us.playstation.com/2017/02/08/new-ys-origin-trailer-showcases-blistering-battle-system/
what the fuck man

its been two months since I can no longer login to PSN on either Vita, PS4 and PC. Giving the 2304-9 error on Vita and something else on ps4. I've read on it and its apparently the result of an IP ban because somehow there are ip conflicts or something like that on my wireless router. I've looked that up and both vita and ps4 is shown as unknown. Before I go buying a new router, is that anything I should try?

Would cycling the power on your router to get a new IP not work?

new thread here lads:

A better question is why we don't have the OP with from the Vita hacking thread in the OP of the Vita thread. Reddit is fucking cancer, there is no one that is on this site that should being going to Reddit as well. If they do they should fucking stay there.

i only bought it because tetris ds left a thrist that other vita games haven't satisfied before
also, a game on the ds had smother high level framerate than on the vita lol