Games with impressive atmosphere and beautiful scenery

I am a huge sucker for games with a realistic day & night cycle, as well as games that show nature at it's best. Even better when it has all around colorful Graphics, it encompasses seasons, the weather and is bound to your systems clock. Post 'em.

Fits the bill.

Star Fox Adventures
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Fable TLC
And maybe Mario Sunshine

can i play those on PC?

I don't recognise the third game. What is it?

that's Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Only Fable.

Yes. You can emulate the GameCube ones and you can even make them look better than they did in consoles. If I had a better PC they'd look a lot better.

I feel your pain. You're probably fucked, though, although you have better vram than I do.

Cheers

a 3D Animal Crossing/Harvest Moon/Zelda/ Hybrid would be the game of my dreams… if they release that on the switch, it would be an instant purchase!

Rune Factory exists, faggot. Rune Factory 4, to be more specific, but that's for 3DS. The 3DS is pretty easy to pirate, but I wouldn't tell you to get it for just one game.
Although Kid Icarus Uprising also have a pretty great atmosphere.

huh… how have i never heard of that? And you can explore dungeons and have direct control over your character in combat?

Yes, is part of the gameplay. Rune Factory 4 is an overall faster Harvest Moon, with similar mechanics, but it adds dungeon exploring and monster taming, and so, it also adds combat, blacksmith, etc. I think it doesn't have a lot of Animal Crossing features, but the town feels a lot more lively than in any Harvest Moon game.

Or you can go with the poor's man option and go with Stardew Valley.

nice. when i get a better PC, i'll emulate it with Citra in 1080p.

Unless you have a 3DS, you can't emulate with Citra. Citra needs files from a 3DS to work. I'm not exactly sure, but that's what I've heard. Not to mention that it's unstable and a piece of shit.

panzer dragoon saga is very impressive, very depressing atmosphere, lonely, isolating. Much better than stuff like stalker.

Only the best

The Forest looks pretty nice on highest settings, especially the lighting. Also Witcher 3.

Go outside.

Reported.

It's the same as with a ps2 emulator. You need the bios or something like that. Citra does run, it's just that it runs like shit like you said.

This game was pretty good, but I still wonder why all UE4 games look the same. You can't ever tell they're from different worlds it's like regardless of developer every UE4 game takes place in the same universe. No one can shake off the glass and fucked up FOV to make it look unique.

Lord of the Rings Online if you can stomach MMOs, has a day/night cycle and weather cycle where if it is raining somewhere then it is raining everywhere else that is not Moria.
It snows in places like the Misty Mountains.

NMS plz, aren't those all screenshots of the bullshit trailer to boot?

that's probably the joke

Darksiders II, Metroid Prime, Snatcher, Hotel Dusk, Chrono Trigger

"Modern" JRPGs (SNES and on, games not seriously focused on mechanics/grinding) and Zelda-esque games basically function off of atmosphere only.

Mad Max looked absolutely beautiful.

Black Desert Online looks pretty neat at times, they might also be working on automatic season switching instead of the ones they switch on.

Shenmue 1 and 2

I admit some of the visuals of 2 are great, but I think the post-apocalyptic visuals of 1 are better.