Battlezone 98

Why is the steam version of the game so fucking bad?

Battlezone wasn't that great in the first place. It's slow and plodding.

because every faggot i know is born in 1998

Eat shit and die

Is the game itself good though.

Because they basically ported it, shined the graphics a little bit and called it a day?

What the hell did they do to it?

Heck yeah, it's a first person RTS hybrid. The story is pretty enjoyable too. There's not a whole lot like it.

I loved the shit of out of this game on the N64. Or to be more specific "Rise of the Black Dogs"

Mexicans not allowed.

Wachu gon' do about it.

Steam has no quality control. Steam versions of old games are always shit that don't work correctly as a result.

Huh, I only knew about BattleTanx, didn't know there was a BattleZone N64 game.

It's a shame no woman will ever look that good.

This guy knows what's up.

I pirated a Battlezone Redux copy from somewhere, it seemed like it worked okay to me. I did notice the UI is a bit janky.
In general with the Mechwarrior engine games (BZ, Interstate '76) the original versions ran best.

It runs fine and i like it but this right here is The Best Motherfucking Battlezone game and its never getting a port. Fuck you Atari.

They made it too hard. The AI can aim very good, and it's very hard to play. The game encourages "save scumming" due to how hard it's.

Get good

not sure if it's worth it

Try it for yourself if you don't believe me. There's a limit to how hard a game should be, and how the difficulty is determined. If it's determined the wrong way, it's bad game design.

Are you just being a scrub or is it literally Rainbow Six 3/ Joint Operations AI tier, where they 360 noscope you from the across the map with a pistol?

He's being a scrub, the gameplay is comparable to MW3 on hardest difficulty.

Scrub it is, I could forgive Rainbow Six 3 AI tier cause that shit was frankly bullshit.

A word of warning about the soviet campaign and how it will push your shit in if you don't know what you're doing. In fact that should be the tagline: learn the mechanics or get proper fucked. alternatively play BZ 2 and turtle

HD remake with intact gameplay when?

Have you played the Redux version? Redux version has same difficulty as the patched base game, which is probably the source of the harder AI, since release version of base game was apparently more forgiving.