Final Fantasy XV

Just beat this game. What did Holla Forums think of it? How do you think it stacks up against other games? Hint: It doesn't, but it's God-tier compared to most of the other recent games and definitely a step in the right direction. Here's how I felt:

Pros:

Cons:
>Very low difficulty, did not die even once on my first playthrough on normal difficulty. That said I did do a considerable amount of level grinding in the first half.

7/10, definitely better than any of the XIII games, but still far from perfect. The long development time didn't really pay off, but it at-least stands on its own as a decent game much like MGSV did.

I think that it looks like a movie instead of a game

I watched the movie.
It wasn't horrible.

It was really mediocre.

Regis died like a fucking chump, and Nyx and the villain weren't all that important in the grand scheme of things, as neither of them are ever mentioned in the game iirc. There's was a weird disconnect between the movie's plot and the game's.

NO! It isn't!

luna is trash.
i felt bad for ignis
prompto was still boipussy but i liked him anyway
gladiolus was a shitking
ardyn was fantastic and needed more screentime

Its a solid 6 or 7 out of 10. Not amazing, not even top ten for the franchise but so much better than 13.

Never played (or watched) the game, and barely know anything about the story.
I'm not a movie buff anyways.

Anything different from XIII-2 and Lightning Returns is a step up. That's what happens when the bar is set so low.

Ardyn's pretty based. He reminds me a lot of Kefka.

He was jeremy irons playing the role of kuja-kefka

Thankfully not as flamboyant as Kefka the compromise is that he wears a fedora though.

If you had just said it was better than the XIII games then I would definitely agree. It's still not the right direction though.

CUP NOODLE 15, PRE ORDER NOW YOU FILTHY GAIJIN!

I logged in 40 hours before giving up.
It's bad

Honestly, XIII was better in several ways. Not enough to actually make it a good game, but definitely better than XV.

XV combat is a fucking joke. I've never felt so bored by a real time action system before. All risk is removed because you can heal at any time with no cost other than the healing items. Just because a ton of pretty particle effects are happening doesn't mean it's actually engaging to the player. Hold attack button until the QTEs come up! Summons are random!

The open world is as cancerous as any other. You'll spend extended periods of time doing literally nothing but watch your characters do nothing. The world barely has shit to do in it other than a handful of dungeons, some boring monster hunts and FARM GOODS FETCH QUESTING. Once you start fast travelling everywhere, the loading screens might as well burn into your monitor. I'd take hallways of shit happening and plot forwarding over XV's world.

And the plot? Holy shit, it might be the most generic plot of any FF so far. You're a prince and the chosen one that needs to save the world from the darkness? Wow never heard that one before. Never mind that you need to watch a movie and some anime for a better understanding of the characters. Even then, the plot is woefully incomplete by the time you finish it in 20 god damn hours. At least in XIII you could pick up on context clues of the lore if you're not retarded.

I know it's a meme to hate XIII, but anyone who thinks XV is a "step in the right direction" needs to get the fuck out. XV is an atrocity unless you really like pretty open world games with very little genuine substance.

Also weren't the graphics heavily downgraded from what was shown on older trailers?

The fat guy is my favorite.

I think Kingsglaive is the only good video game movie to exist

there is a lot in this game that isn't that
come back to me when you attempt the lvl 99 dungeon no items, or even steyliff

A lot? Like the absolute last things in the game you do?

Boy, I can't wait to grind myself to boredom to maybe be vaguely challenged by a game. Even then I'm sure the challenge stems from the game not training you at all for any type of genuine adversity up to that point.

I had to put up some kind of defense because your post was a shitpost at the moment you said ffxv is worse than ffxiii
They're both pretty bad games but there's absolutely zero reason for you to defend how 13 used the linear nature of the game. It was still equivalent to walking in one direction, spamming A/Auto and listening to a bunch of all terribly written, boring characters. When the best character is some boring fuck nigger its a bad game

Fuck this game, you should never reqiure a movie tie in to be mandatory for the game.

Everything was basically cut out and the main story was replaced. Even the shit story that we got was cut out all for no good reason. Apparently there was a leaker that had all the info in what the game was origionally supposed to be why it turned into what we had now, and the cut content of this new game. embed related, they're still cucks for saying that they would still buy FFXVI and FFVII remake even after all this shit.

Storywise FFXV is worse than FFXIII. FFXIII is just stupid and pointless created by an idiot, FFXV is just stupid and pointless but with an actual good plot that was trashed for no good reason.

You realize that in all of those aspects except "linearity," FFXIII is objectively better, right?

At least they fucking tried with a relatively original plot, a cast of characters that actually develop through the plot, and a battle system that wasn't as simple as "attack until QTE." I strongly doubt you managed to play through the main plot of XIII just choosing Auto-Battle. You sure as fuck didn't have to pay attention at all during XV's main quests.

Or is your idea of a good game to spend a long time of not doing shit while going to way points on your map? What's your excuse for "suddenly ten years later?" How about the 20 hours main story that's just fucking stupid? Shit, there's even FILLER in the short-ass main quests. The whole keep area near the end? Holy fuck I'd play XIII any day of the week than play that coma-inducing dredge again.

Maybe if you weren't a stupid faggot that lives on meme IVs, you'd be able to see that. FFXV is complete trash. I never said XIII was a good game, but absolutely without a doubt, it's better than XV. XIII became the game everyone loved to hate, and unfortunately XV is getting a free pass because of it. Which just means FF as a whole is doomed to chronic decline.

Oh, maybe they'll fix it with DLC. That's worth getting, right?

The plot really didn't grab me. Noctis' powers were already quite powerful and there weren't any significant obstacles between him and attaining his full power. Even when his powers are taken, he's in no real danger with a ring capable of casting the old fashioned Death and Warp spells, can auto-dodge and has regenerating HP. Much like the combat, there's no sense of danger. You even see Noctis mowing down hundreds of imperial soldiers on his own. It's not like FFVI where the party needs not only Terra's abilities but a whole cast to even stand a chance against the empire. Or FFXII where you need to inspire rebellion. From the moment the game starts, it's apparent the Empire's days are numbered and so there is no suspence.

The world is barren, with a few uninspired locations dotted amongst the nothingness. Occasionally a fetch quest will have you walk into the middle of nowhere to kill something, like FFXII's marks and FFXIII's Cie'th stone quests. The only location I was happy to be introduced to was Crestholm Channels (sewers). In the small, populated outposts, you are not able to talk to NPCs for random tidbits like in most other RPGs, which is unfortunate.

I felt that FFXIII's combat system was more difficult than FFXV's. The FF series has never been particularly difficult, but while FFXIII's relied more on a sense of timing, and choosing the right paradigms for the ocasion, FFXV played out like a long QTE. The magic is also ridiculously overpowered, serving not as a panic button, as there is no real danger, but as a means to speed up boring encounters.

I wouldn't play it again.

Well, it's a game made later than 2004, so it's SHIT! SHIT! SHIIIIIIT! HOW DARE YOU ENJOY A MODERN GAME??? ARE YOU A TRANNY OR SOMETHING??????

>>>/out/ !!!
>>>/reddit/ !!!
>>>/tumblr/ !!!
AND DON'T COME BACK!!!!!
EVER!!!!!!!

its shit son

I started it up for around 2 hours 3 weeks ago and haven't gone back to it since. Fishing was the most fun I had which I thought was funny considering how awful fishing minigames usually are, but the combat wasn't nearly as braindead as people were making it sound either. I'll be going back to it soon to give it a proper chance.

This.