Xbox 360 Thread

Do you still play on it? If you do, and played alot on it, who would you recommend it to, which genres are represented the worst/best on it? I kind of want to play the rareware games on it, is it worth buying used for cheap? Are there any fun exclusive games on it?

Other urls found in this thread:

vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Xbox_360
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Mine was quite literally stolen by niggers.

Have an RGH one and it's probably my favorite console mostly because of its homebrew and emulation capabilities. I mostly use mine nowadays for Virtua On and Retroarch, having nearly 2TB worth of free games feels good man.

Only reasons I keep mine

Where did you get VO Force? I only have the first two.

Viva Pinata and Forza are pretty much the only games I liked on 360 that weren't available elsewhere. I haven't touched mine in years.

Imported the re-release in 2012 when it first came out on cdjapan, then I found the memorial box edition brand new for 3000 yen while I visited japan in 2014.

its good for sonic 06

You better rip that shit and upload it online

this is too hard for me to handle user

so,basically,nogaems?

Call declined.

Grammar plox

…ok

I still play my 360, if only because the PS4 is only now just starting to get some games that interest me, and I don't have enough space on my HDD or bandwidth to pirate all the shit I want. I still play my PSP more than anything.

Been playing Persona 4 Arena Ultimax lately. Kinda like the Golden Arena mode, which turns it back full-circle into a sort of pseudo RPG by letting you character level up attributes, raise social links, and collect/manage special abilities.

Thought I would end up maining Labrys, but Ken & Koromaru feel really natural for me, so I've mostly been learning their combos and trying to get better with them.

Nah I don't OP, I got tired of microsofts kikery making me pay 60 bucks a year while sony offered it for free. The 360 service was better at first though.

Xbone has nothing.

Xbox 360 has Ninja Gaiden Black, Ninja Gaiden 2, DMC4, DMC HD collection, Bayonetta, Vanquish and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance

Arent all of those also on ps?

Bayonetta is unplayable on PS and Ninja Gaiden 2 is a 360 exclusive.

Used to be creeping up in popularity in my country because "muh muney" and "so pirated durr" Then PS3 finally got hacked, so 360 went into shit bin again, even lose against WII.

Actually want to grab a 360 with stacks of games when I have the money soon

Why? Just to play a bunch of pc games?

is it worth to buy it just like the old ps3 thing? I did the ps3 thing and I was disappointed since from those super exclusive I liked maybe 30% of them.

Only games I own for the OG Xbox/360.

Both are more than worth it.

I'm playing Nier on it now.

you should get more games for that original xbox, it's a killer system with a great library.

Recently dusted off my 360 to play some Skate 3 . Also how easy is the 360 to softmod?

I recently started playing Lost Odyssey, since it was free to download on the Marketplace. It's an enjoyable game with an interesting combat system that feels a bit more tactical since you have to put characters both on the front and the back line. The story, however is pants on the head retarded(I just got to the part where Kain meets his wife on her deathbed), however the stories from his memories(the text ones) are very good and some of them almost made me shed a tear. All in all, it's a good game if you are in the mood for JRPGs, which I am right now.

I've got an Xk3y so I use it whenever I want to play pirated games online. Anything pirated that's singleplayer and isn't exclusive is played on the PS3 with the exception of Nier.

It's not easy at all. You need to hard mod it iirc with a jtag before you can do anything.

My sister stole my 360 and my account and does nothing but play Minecraft on it. All day.
Every fucking day.
I'm sure anything on it worth a damn is on OG Xbox or PS3, but then again I've never really looked at the exclusives.
What's on there that's worth it, and how hard would it be to mod a 360?

Only game I bother with is Lost Planet 2 when get itch, but even then, that shits dead outside the wild Jap every so often. Fucking hell Capcom, work with the jews at MS and release it as a Games for Gold or shit, I'd fucking love to see it have more players again.

How's the emulation scene for the 360?

Kinda dead now but there were a lot of great releases

Modding is difficult as another user said. AFAIK you need to solder some chip in it. As for worthwhile games off the top of my head:
Gears of War series (mainly for co-op)
Rad Dead Redemption
Skate 3
SSX
Perfect Dark remaster (not sure about PD Zero)
Lost Odyssey

I feel like those are obvious though so check
vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Xbox_360

also why doesn't she have minecraft on computer

meant to post this clusterfuck too

Please rectify.

hehe, rectum

Take your property back by force, you fuck.

The 360 exclusive list is pretty dismal.

I get the feeling, like the original xbox there's a lot of games that aren't well documented or discussed so there is a lot to discover.

Well it just says noteworthy, doesn't say good.

This comfy gem.

Xbone has the non-shitty version of Forza Horizon 3. And that's about it.

It works fine on PC.

Well then, does it use dedicated VRAM now? Does it also not crash out of the blue at seemingly random times?

I own one, it's close to the worst purchase I've ever made, backwards compatibility is the only feature that keeps it from turning into gas money. They're doing a great job at porting games from when they had control of the industry, but there isn't much reason to own one outside of a possible performance boost in older titles.
The sad part is that Microsoft could easily win this generation if they put a little more effort into getting ONE worthwhile exclusive out the door, and lowered or eliminated the price of Xbox live; Paying twice for an internet connection is unacceptable.

Well you see, MS dropped a lot of cash incentives to get developers to support the original XB and that's how it got so many fucking exclusives that have already been discussed to death on the OG XB generals. As for the 360, it was supposed to be the same case and for the first few years, the future looked bright for it and support was being poured on it but the dudebro audience that Halo and Gears of War created wasn't buying those games, so MS stopped the incentives. The 360 still remained as a sort of niche console but only in Japan, mostly because it was cheap and easy to develop for, that ended up turnong the 360 into THE shmup machine in Japan. The Xbone has nothing though.

If they were to struck a deal of console exclusivity for the next TES or GTA they would instantly win.

Not nothing…and I'd like to try Crimson Dragon, mostly because I'm a huge panzer dragoon fan.

Here are few lesser known ones.

I really want to play that now, PC port when?

I honestly do not think they are interested in that. As far as I can tell, the Xbox is positioning itself into a living room hub, which means it hosts games, just not as a dedicated gaming platform like the ps4 is, in comparison.

no and yes

Sounds like no deal then.

All four are shit and forgettable for a reason.

Is the OG Wii worth getting? Looks like it has a more solid lineup then the Pii U, they're dirt cheap used.

Get one and mod it.

I'm playing Dark Souls on my 360 Elite.

Yes, its an amazing emulation machine and you also get the entire GC library as well.

Plus step back into the past and play CoD with a 10 year old machine.

Why is he playing on a B&W TV?

my nigger

I'm afraid not

Playing FPS games on the Wii was fucking fantastic, better than KB+M

RE was a remake of 3 that improved it. It's not as good as 1 or 2 but at least this one is worthy of the title.

Same I just replayed Black like a month or two ago.

There's nt a chance in hell they could strike a deal like that with the Xbox down 2:1 against the PS4 this late in the generation, and even if they did, there's absolutely nothing they could do to save the Xbone in territories outside of the US. They'd need to basically buy SquareEnix and make DragonQuest games Xbox exclusives to sell more than a handful of units in Japan - and that'd probably just end up tanking Dragon Quest rather than increasing Xbone's popularity.

yeah i just got to that part too. the kids crying really took the cake, it would be called oscar bait if it was a movie scene.

Blue Dragon and Kameo aren't bad.

All worth playing, but AC6 is the only true exclusive, the others are simply not on PC.

Don't you mean his daughter? Sarah is immortal too.

Yeah, you are right, it was the daughter. Don't know how I got them mixed up.

kill yourself

Can a 360 be softmodded or only hardmodded?
I don't have the patience to mail it to some chinks to chip it for me and break in 2 weeks time.

there's launch 360's that can be soft modded. Just hard mod it, it's like $50.

Launch 360s had the RROD though.

yes, and I mean launch as in unopened, never updated launch models with the blades dashboard.

Good luck finding those.

This is why the PS3 is better.

modding the ps3 and 360 are about as easy as each other. There's kits for both, and they have a fairly similar process. Just use a slim 360.

Those are good 360 exclusive. The list is dismal because there are less then 10 good ones.

It was apparently amazing, and I missed out completely.

seriously?

Burger Pride World Wide

The reason 360 became a niche console for "perverts" in Japan (Yes, that was the nickname for xbots there). Sony and Nintendo had some asinine rules regarding 2D games in the 6th and 7th gen like 2D Fighters, Shmups and VN's like they can only cost a certain amount of money and have limited print runs because "They didn't show the power of the console". Meanwhile MS were completely fine with all of them despite having the most powerful console on the market and allowed full price disc releases of Shmups and VN's which was really important to help companies make money instead of being artificially constrained. Companies liked how MS approached the Xbox with software along with MS offering assistance on engine development which is why there were so many early exclusives as well as MS investing in some devs (Namco weren't doing that hot at the time so MS invested some dosh and assisted in developing their engines in exchange for a few exclusives. Capcom was the same though that was some Con Man trickery and going behind Capcom bosses to smuggle a Dead Rising demo out to Microsoft and ask them to fund it)

Though in the west, it was really that the original "three musketeers" of the Xbox (J Allard, Robbie Bach and Ed Fries) had moved on and they were the ones signing the interesting games. Peter Moore, who was instrumental in getting the Japanese support left for EA and Don Matrick was brought in who basically savaged everything into either Kinect or Halo/Gears/Forza while removing power from other areas to sign titles (Shane Kim, head of MS studios, left after he basically got sick of Matrick's shit overruling him and was replaced by Phil Spencer in 2012. Apparently they didn't get on so hot either because Phil went behind Don's back to get Minecraft and it became a sensation).

And with some of the titles they lost because of Matrick overrulling them like the original Devil's Third and Bayonetta 2 (Oatmeal said he was surprised because they helped him set up Valhalla including start up costs but DT wouldn't "Fit in their portfoloio"). They lost a significant amount. Even the devs they signed to do traditional games like Grasshopper were suddenly lumped with Kinect (Seriously, it was fucking depressing how many good studios MS signed for Kinect. Grasshopper, FROM, Frontier and more)

It's a weird history. And strange how it all plays out. But personally, it's because they have had a lot of changes in management over the years with different philosophies and there's never been a consistency to their output outside of Halo/Forza/Gears.

Its very understated how much love for games was behind the original xbox and early 360. Ms game studios developed entire games like crimson skies in house, reached out to the studios, licensed the game and shipped an in house project at the credit to the original developers. They hired the creator of panzer dragoon to make phantom dust and manage japanese game production and publishing and even he quit due to mattricks bullshit. They clearly loved and respected games from all over, but new management really shafted that view. It was refreshing to have nearly 8 years of a billion dollar corporation greenlighting any game left and right, and we got some incredible stuff out of it.

This is all cool info. I wish I knew more behind-the-scenes stuff like that.

Crimson Skies is probably the funniest story I heard with how utterly disorganised yet brilliant MS were in that era. A bunch of devs wanted to do a new Crimson Skies. Took over a room in the campus building and created a concept and a vertical slice alpha. And no one asked what they were doing, there was that little oversight. They just showed it to J Allard and Jordan Wiseman. Got a thumbs up and a budget (And also were huge fans of FASA so they asked Jordan if they could release under the FASA name. He was very willing to do so) and had about 15 months to do it. They expanded the team did it all including the semi-open world single player, live intergration and everything and then just split back into projects that needed doing after it was done.

All because "We want to make a new Crimson Skies"

I wish Game dev was like that all the time.

Look up Dean Takeshi and Robbie Bach's books. Ed Fries has said he might do a book as well which would be interesting because he was one of the first to go.

Fuck. No idea why I mispelled that. Also sadly he's not doing an Xbone book because he can't get anyone to speak about it, he can't get the level of access he could on the original books and he's not really interested in doing any more books.

There's going to be an insane story in a few years when the truth really comes out. There's been a few glimpses like the continued support of Killer Instinct being a "Fuck you" to the previous management who said "Fighting games are a dead genre" and Halo Mega Bloks being cancelled by Matrick for a political reason than a technical one despite the level of polish and detail in the vertical slice (Apparently that's why devs got scared talking to the guy who showed video and people were very closed off about it when he was trying to discover the legitimacy of it.).

I don't think it would be "Console Wars" level of blockbuster but it would be a hell of a read.

the kind of mindset having a billion dollar corporation and bosses that are given almost free reign in that corporation and teams with a real love for design is a wonderful thing.

there is a solid strategy in having 10-15 good, not great or milestone games a year and giving them ample marketing time, appealing to various audiences, etc. Halo Mega Bloks would have been one of those games, easily. Combine that with 9 or so more solid releases and every year can be something great. I think that microsoft and sony are in excellent positions to do this, sony has started capitalizing on this recently and has been listening to fan responses and adopting a trickle release strategy. Gravity Rush 2 and the Yakuza west releases are indicative of this strategy, and I think that is what is going to secure them their not only units-sold success, but library success.

I'd love it if microsoft could start organizing things like this, but like it was said earlier in the thread, I think they want to be in a position that they become a living room hub, not a gaming hub. Sadly, despite Microsoft's brilliant 8 years of their entry into the console business, and having a perfect storm of giving sega the coziest landing they could hope for, I don't think it's going to come back.

I guess, but I still found it very lackluster

The "War for the living room" is pretty much dead since the mobile experience along with TV's now baking in streaming apps basically killed consoles as living room hubs.

From what it looks like on the outside to me with MS's gaming efforts. It's a really awkward restructure from a division that was practically in ruins in 2013 trying to rebuild painfully in public (After making some bad decisions like revealing games too early only to cancel them. Fable Legends was some truly rancid shit though) while having to also deal with becoming a pillar of the companies overall strategy instead of being left alone like the old divisions were. But at the same time MS is preparing for a future where you might not want to play on console or you may be playing a console not made by Microsoft but using their OS and network. Nintendo's already moved its strategy to long term thinking like this as well as well.

I don't think they are gone. Or ever will be leaving (Certainly not if you look at their financials. They are only $2bn behind Sony in revenue and if they increase YOY in revenue for next FY, they will have finally have written off the Xbox Huge, even though Ballmer and Gates declared the huge a sunk cost project). How they reshape after this year will be very interesting.

Though that trickle is a short term strategy. Especially since a lot of Sony's titles are 3rd party and their 1st party gets anemic after Horizon drops since most of the other games announced are 2018/2019/2020 titles. It doesn't take much for Sega to suddenly decide "There's a good demand here on PS4. We should push on PC and make more money" and suddenly markets shift. Exclusives and 1st party will get weird in the next few years.

This looks like a pretty fun TPS/Platformer hybrid.

I totally disagree. There's been major growth and there's a real sustainable business there that I really can't see going anywhere.

I think kids games are very important, it doesn't look particularly challenging, but it's really something important to cater to an audience like children. I think that's a major element of diversity really missing from games, thinking back to what I grew up with, there were mature, teen, pre-teen, and childrens games on saturn, n64, ps1.

I also really like the block currency that's used for building everything and is gained from killing enemies by gibbing them.

Luckily, this might turn gaming back into a niche thing where normalfags will just play on their phones instead of using consoles as a streaming box.

I was getting more at that consoles are done as an "All In One Device". The "TVTVTV" play certainly didn't go down well. In fact I would reckon at the scorpio reveal. They will only acknowledge that if a TV or music service has a UWP W10 app, it will run on scorpio and that's it for media functionality.

Now growth as a gaming business. I can still see that happening in the living room, but the form of it. I am uncertain if it's going to be consoles or if they just say "Fuck it, it really is a HTPC" and sell it that way.

Normalfags will always buy consoles for FIFA or whatever replaces COD after Activision is done beating that dead horse. If they can get development costs down, I could see a future where more hardcore genres start to return though.

The CoD horse is dying, but it's far from dead. While recent games have done abysmally compared to previous entries in the series, they're still huge cash cows in absolute terms.

Meanwhile Xbone barely registers in Japland and Scalebound is cancelled.

MicroSoft is truly so bad, the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing…

Seriously, just fuck off back to reddit.

Reminds me of
It was a pretty good day, i could vent off on his faggotry and i went on unpunished as usual because my parents' take on parenting is not parenting.

That's pretty brutal, user. Surely there was a better alternative Are you and your brother niggers, by chance?

We're white trash. The trailer park living kind.
There's no "better alternative" to parents who don't exert their authority (and when they do they're wrong) and having a little shit for a brother. Hitting him was always my only choice.

Fair enough.

Also, this thread is bumplocked for some reason.

You mean good reason.

Mark being a child is not a good reason.

Having the coochies isn't either, you booger.

did you even read the fucking OP?