Monster Hunter Thread /mhg/

MHX/G DOWNLOADS

If you scan the last three pics with a home-brewed 3ds with the latest version of FBI, you can download and install the JP, EU, or NA versions respectively directly from Nintendo's eShop servers.

EU CIA:

Part 1 mega.nz/#!cMZjmKyB!Ih4WLf_0JmEUyuvzEnssxZnVT8wT4TWi0a-DqH36UNo

Part 2 mega.nz/#!BNwEULQY!t0u9QPj1YTTo8ORMQxjEEWMHtOvnHTS46qz5s4HwwNg

US CIA:

mega.nz/#!QY0HSCyA!KbEN_nQAwVxFK06OF7j754faYzbvf3YSbGBwyW3DPaY

password:TheDoctorIsIn

EU AND US SHARE ONLINE SERVERS, STOP ASKING

Resources:

>Weapon tutorials and more: youtube.com/channel/UCT84SVapAfSSD_iMfpKbFbA/videos

>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u

>MH Wiki: monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Wiki

>MH4U Relic Chart: i.imgur.com/KJezI7p.png

>MH4U Relic Chart Detailed version: i.imgur.com/qwPzsnw.png

>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799

>MH4U Moveset Charts: imgur.com/a/oPuKD

>MH4G to MHX Weapon Changes: docs.google.com/document/d/1T6stg2wlCnHdwUUVZxN4Yc0E9wcAaCJHHNA-qOQSMJs/edit?pref=2&pli=1#

>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/

>Ping's MH4G Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmh4gdex

>Athena's ASS for MH4G and MH4U: forums.minegarde.com/topic/7348-athenas-ass-for-mh4g-and-mh4u/

>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png

>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png

>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png

>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni

>Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/8chmohun

>Hunting Music: monhun.corgiorgy.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/XX/monster/main/01.html
3ds.guide/
vimeo.com/191174741
famitsu.com/news/201702/07126229.html
gamefaqs.com/boards/163462-monster-hunter-generations/74338381
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What we know about MHXX

-Monster Hunter XX, or Double Cross, is basically the G version of MHX in everything but name.
-3DS exclusive, release date is March 18 2017
-Despite Tsujimoto's appearance in the Direct, Kojima's still the Producer for this title, so it is likely Monster Hunter 5 is still in the works.
-Two new Hunting Styles are confirmed, with only one properly revealed: Brave Style, which is built around buffing oneself by attacking continuously. Hunters will have a gauge ala the Tachi and Souken weapons that builds up when attacks are inflicted, and when full the Hunter is in a "buffed state" that allows for powerful chain attacks and swift dodges. The Brave Style Tachi play shows a blue colored outline for the Kiba bar, but it's unclear whether this is a change to Tachi as a whole or something exclusive for Brave Tachi.
-The second style is named "Renkin Style" and is likely short for 錬金術, "Renkinjutsu," or Alchemy. Combined with the graphics revolving around barrels, it is widely believed this Style will be related to combining and bombs.
-New Hunting Skills, including ones for each weapon class, are confirmed but not yet revealed.
-Nyanters have been buffed and can now use "Just Evades" ala Bushido Style, as well as a "Step Jump" ala Aerial Style.
-New Field: 遺群嶺, Igunrei. A non-word made up of kanji that roughly come out to "ancient ruins" "group" and "peak." A newly discovered field in a mountain higher than any visited before.
-Old fields are teased to return too, looks to be older desert fields.
-G Rank Quests are confirmed, as is a new base for them, the 龍識船 Ryuushikisen, "Dragon" "Consciousness" "Ship".
-Diablos from the original Monster Hunter and Berios and Bolboros from Monster Hunter 3 are confirmed to return
-Diablos has a Two Name version now, 鏖魔ディアブロス, Ouma (Slaughter Devil) Diablos, who is described as the "Chief" of the Two Name Monsters.
-Other new title monster alongside Ouma Diablos is an Old Dragon type 銀翼の凶星 バルファルク "The Silver Winged Fellstar, Balfalk" who has his own exclusive battlefield.

Am I the only person who can't get into MH because that type of game does not shine on a small handheld?

I've only played it on a small handheld and see strictly nothing wrong with it. All the so called clones like toukiden and god eater may be on PC, but don't even come close to monhun, and a non-handheld platform is far from enough to compensate.

Usual autism aside, can someone post a set of weapon icons up to date for mh4 ? I've got an idea for a chart.

So does anyone here actually play MHFU or are you all just playing 4U and Gen/X?
Just made it to G rank after starting over and this Copper Blango triple carted me because I thought it would be wise to not bring Max potions while still wearing High rank (rathalos) armor. I guess I'll just go for the Terra ceanataur to upgrade my GS because he's pretty EZ.

P.S. don't bother with adhoc party on the PS3 because it's completely empty. I transferred my save file to the PPSSPP emulator and I did find a few people playing on the coldbird servers but I still prefer to stick with my PSP.

There, I fixed styles

you forgot 6 player co-op

This is missing a fair bit of info about the alchemy style and the new nyanta changes.

What the hell are you even on about. The only thing you've mentioned that's even close to reasonable is removing adept, when what really needs to be done is just dropping the evade window to eva+2/3 instead of like, panic dive window. Striker is just FU style weapons (or tri for SA), and often offer a different playstyle to guild (Striker GS better for crit draw, worse for combos, Guild gs better for combos, slightly worse for crit-draw) so there's no reason to remove it.
Also if you've been playing aerial and actually using the jump i-frames you'd know that most monsters have huge verticality in a lot of their hitboxes, I've been thrown away by the tip of a tigrex's wing arm a meter to my left after a perfectly timed jump into a charge and follow-up landing poison clawed by los while above his wings far too many times for it to just be a fluke. If anything verticality needs to be reduced so that the models actually represent the hitboxes when you're in the air. Not to mention that even if you exclusively spam aerial moves you'll probably never get more than two mounts a quest.
Perhaps maybe you just want to play the tonfas from frontier?

user, honestly, are you stupid?
Like come on.

Until I'm done with recent series completely and there is no upcoming game inside I'd rather not go for a 3rd playthrough.

There isn't much smart verticality to the monsters. Aerial spamming is way too effective for how braindead it can get.

in sight*

The main draw to striker style is 3 arts and faster charging, which alchemy style now more than covers
If they're going to keep styles around, the least they could do is make them more unique and trim down the less useful ones
Aerial style was added for the same reason someone came up with frontier's tonfas, because the basic concept of jumping off of monsters and flying into the air is cool, it's just that they're both ridiculous for what I assume are unintended reasons, and aerial style in particular is both kind of OP as well as not as fun as it could be

And nigger I never said anything about hitboxes, I said movesets

If I also remember correctly, with alchemy style you can only do special buffs as HAs, so, yeah, striker still has it's place.

It strikes me now that I haven't updated that pasta in a month. I'll get on that ASAP.

You're right actually, most of the time I played aerial using hammer and occaisionally gunlance or insect glaive. Thinking about aerial switch axe or aerial greatsword I remembered most aerial styles are just spam bait and ddon't even have a minor amount of complexity or follow up combos after landing. I'd totally agree with you if what you mean is more stuff like aerial GL fire affecting positioning at the loss of the reload slam and the choice to either burst fire or immediately combo into thrust, or the hammer double bounce increasing your damage over a regular or charged strike, but with punishment for whiffing. Even aerial I glaive is sort of interesting, but it's more in that the glaive forward jump becomes a gap closer, rather than the actual aerial vault attacks having new mechanics.

The main draw to striker are the moveset and mechanic changes like lance/GL triple poke, CB getting a 1.2 boost to red shield, etc. and for most players three hunter arts just means absolute readiness+absolute evasion anyway, so it's not exactly selling itself on just the hunter arts. Unless alchemy also changes the move sets in the exact same way striker still has a purpose.
Only tri-babbies need to talk like african-american degenerates in order to communicate, you dirty negro.

Do you think MH5 will be released for switch?
I feel capcom will try to postpone a switch release as far back as possible, as they won't be able to recycle the old ps2 graphics and textures anymore and a smaller installbase on the switch.
The only way I'd see a monster hunter game coming to switch would be financial support by Nintendo

MH will eventually come to the switch. Once the 3DS and Vita are done in japan it will be the only handheld platform for the game, and handhelds are the only way the game sells in japan

What's with Americunts having problem so much with handheld?

The only category console/PC is superior than handheld is power.

Can you bring your big piece of shit console and CPU and flat screen TV with you anywhere? What if there is an earthquake and you need to evacuate? Good luck bringing you heavy assess systems.

You need huge ass TV inorder that sucks your electric bill like a fucking prostitute to play console and PC.

Screen size and a wokring second stick. I don't play games outside, I spend enough time in front of a screen when I'm home. When I play I want a BIG SCREEN, POWER, NICE GRAPHICS, BETTER CONTROL SETUP, and I LIVE IN AN AREA THAT DOESN'T GET EARTHQUAKES.

You sound like you live in California though.

your forgot your sage for your offtopic post, newfag, enjoy your ban

seriously user, are you fucking blind? We make fun of Japanese for having small eyes and yet they have no problem playing with handhelds.

You mean 2nd analog? N3DS already have it and Switch
You mean 2nd controller? Just buy 2nd handheld, split screen is shit.

What will ultra realistic graphics do really? You act like as if handheld graphics are similar to n64. Switch graphics is already identical to PS4. Honestly at this point people should care more about gameplay than graphics.

I don't get how wanting a bigger screen makes me sight-impaired.

Neither do I. I have Freedom Unite and Portable 3rd on my PSP and have no issues playing them, BUT BOY WOULD I PREFER TO HAVE THEM ON THE WiiU GAMEPAD.

Barely, I've tried it and I don't like it.
That's great!

Nothing, really, I just don't like the look of the muddy textures currently featured in the past few games on the 3DS. Going from my sibling's MH3U on 3DS for a shot back to the WiiU was very refreshing for my eyes as was the bigger screen.

My predictions of MHXX
>Deviant Mizu set is trash. Probably got Bubble on set
>Deviant Gammoth is trash. skills could be Tremor res + Coldblooded
wew?

Replace the nub with a PSP-1000 analog nub cap, makes it a hell of a lot better and fits just fine.

I'm kind of pissed that this happened because I stumbled on the super crit bullshit all on my own by fucking around a week or so after MHX launched. I got bored because I literally couldn't think of any better sets using the armor builder too and everybody else was still shitting around with meme deviant sets. I ended up not touching the game for months, and now I come back and nobody else has figured out something better than the crit set.

Ahead of the curve for once in my entire life and it's honestly just disappointing.

PSP cap sucks shit. Thinkpad cap is FAR superior in every single way.

Is it a specific set in particular or just the skill itself?
This is what I got for an elemental set.

It'll happen. Expect Spring 2018 and then Fall 2018 for international release. Nintendo is probably funding Monster Hunter 5 on Switch because they know the selling power of Monster Hunter in Japan(Just under 2 million sales on opening weekend(MH4) is a big deal in Japan)

How to prove to others that you are a retard in one sentence.

picrelated

Super crits are pretty expensive and are mostly endgame since decoration and talismans with that skill are trash and all the crit equipment requires of you to deal, if not with hyper silver los, then with just a 7* silver los(or silverwind, that even at lvl 10 has kinda meh defence) while having cleared the entire village, though at that point just going for toka would be better. To make the most out of those sets, you'd need to have a pretty decent charm and let's not forget that there are roles or playstyles that are equally good, that require other sets of skills. And some weapons can't make use of crit boost at all.

My prediction is that if there is going to be something like multiple monster advanced quests worth farming, then alchemy would be one of the required roles in hame rooms.
I don't get this, how did you get this numbers? Are you missing the point where g rank(with a whole new tier of weapons which is more than a double digit number) gets added?

Now my prediction.
=>

Holy fuck the autism with scrubs is bad enough with 4, why the fuck would you NEED 6 fuckers flailing about knocking you out of the way because they don't know how to use a fucking long sword or HBG?
Also faggots would get carried twice as much, if not triple carting so much sooner

Because someone has to deal damage in place of nyanters and barrel carriers.
That's why I implied that there are going to be mechanical changes tied to that extension. Prepare for quadriple carting boiiz.
Shit that has never happened in such context.

Also, dunno why you are replying to me, since I believe 6p coop isn't a prediction.

That's not a second stick.

Look, if you value hardware characteristics over games quality, then go buy toukiden and stop shitting up this thread. Spilling your frustrations about how your a uncomfortable with things on us will not change a fucking thing except for making everyone's day more miserable.
Virtual d-pad works great, times better than psp clawing which was already acceptable, it practically functions as a camera control 2nd stick, but in a from of a d-pad, so I don't know what the fuck is your problem.

Fuck you nigger, I've been playing MH since the first, the series has been in decline, and part of it is it being stuck on a fucking handheld.

I play dos on PS2 emulator and it still looks better then the glorified TRI reboot on Wii U.

Excuse me for entering the thread to answer broken-english user's question.
Nobody ever said anything of the sort. No worries, though, once MH comes to the switch I'll be satisfied.
It's not a second stick.

Where did this idea come from? Was it in a trailer or something?

Oh, that's why there are more and more games coming our way including(the unnecessary) releases in the west, and that's why crapcom decided to switch to the handhelds, obviously because games sell like shit there since the concept doesn't work for them. Fuck, how couldn't I have noticed.
Did you even read the post that you are trying to reply to?

That's the main point you've been arguing, how it's not as perfect as it could've been from hardware perspective and that's why you have trouble enjoying the actual games. If that's not the case then there is no point going further with this rhetoric of yours, if that is however the case then getting a lesser game on a more powerful platform would be the solution to your problem.
Why would something good actually happen?

Your argument is that because more people play it and its more popular means its better.
Japs have shit taste.

The game plays nearly identically to how it did in earlier gens besides the addition of mechanics like mounting and monster hitboxes being less wonky, you fucking mongoloid.

Except it hasn't and from your defensiveness I would guess you're a tri baby.

And what are you? One of those hipster faggots who think the series peaked at Freedom Unite?

It would of if it wasn't on the fucking PSP.
I think the series would of been better closer to Dos then Tri

I cut my teeth on Freedom Unite on the PSP, which was a MH2 port last I recall. How has the series degenerated since the console games after the move to handheld? In control-scheme and graffix I suppose so, but the actual game itself isn't at all far removed from my days of FU.

You forgot the whole deal where weakness exploit was changed to be +50% affinity while attacking weakpoints. Unless you're using something dumb like Akantor weapons you're gonna be critting all over the place. All it takes is sucking up a few hours of hyper silver los shitfests and you're done.

According to Google, "Freedom Unite" is the foreign name for Portable 2nd G, which was the PSP port of MH2, Portable 2nd, but with the usual additions of a G edition.

So basically MH2U or MH2G then, good to know.

My argument is that if you enjoy the mh series, you see past the flaws of the platform(which suits it fine) and just play the game.
And if you don't enjoy recent games, then this is no place for you since your vision of reality, your taste is 10 years stale. Your complaining is not something productive, it's quite the opposite - to stir shit up, that's why you need to fuck off.

I didn't forget that, it's you who forgot that some weapons get more benefit from their respective essential skills. Also WE isn't that good overall(doesn't work with most weapons, monsters and if we are talking 4 man pub here then you can throw that skill out the window) and the boost it gets is equal to CE+3, which can be replaced by CE+2 that applies to all hitzones and gives more versatility for set composing. That's why I've said that you need to go all in for crit boosting, because otherwise it isn't that viable.
For example, let's say we have a choice between crit boost and airborne(x1.1) on 60% 200 raw. 248

So criticizing a game is non-productive while blindly excepting a game including its flaws is not.

How did you find this place?

Who is the best waifu of the series?

Playing a game is more productive than not playing. You are advocating for not playing the games which the thread is about. But you don't have enough common sense to realize that huge amounts of content, an online feature and improvements of game mechanics for over 2 generations of mh games is a bigger deciding factor than graphics and a real right analog stick.

Where did I say not to play the game, I'm agreeing with someone else and criticizing the current direction.
Funny how you are discussing productivity while saging.
Let me guess you think it's a downvote?

Produce an argument for how MH has degenerated due to transitioning to handhelds instead of just stating it as fact you goddamned autist, if you're just here to piss and moan then get lost.

requesting someone photoshop MAGA onto the hat of animu grill on OP. ty

Sets sucking ass isn't much of a prediction for Gen. It is pretty much guaranteed for 99% of them.

lol

Kirin whore, or the arena bambi from 4U.

Whatever you say pal.

I've had more trouble with directional movement inputs than a functionality of a vd-pad.

I predict it will be just as easy as MHXX, and thus pretty shitty.

Is there something I'm missing here?

Maybe I'm biased being a 4u babby, but Lil miss forge is best loli
And the doujin was awesome

Someone playing/played MHFU here? Almost getting to mid-G Rank but can't find a good general purpose armor for blademaster. Do I have to stick with my old HR armor (Cean S or Akantor) or there are better options? GS/LS user

So how do you think a Switch version of MHXX is going to incorperate hunting arts without the usevof a touch screen? I can set ZL/ZR to be hunting art slots 2 and 3, but I still need touch screen to use slot 1.

Also I hope I can easily bring up and dismiss screen map by swiping the touch screen or using the IR pointer on the TV. Then again the map for MH3U at 720p on WiiU didn't bother me as much as on the 3DS screen.

There probably won't be a Switch version, but even in the game as is you can activate the first Hunting Skill by using… I think it was R A and B at the same time.

Without the second screen indicator, you can't tell when your arts are charged

I'm talking about on the 3DS anyway though, since there probably won't be a Switch version for XX, or 5 for that matter.

They might port MHXX, but I don't know what engine it uses.
If they did, they'd then have a HUEG screen to utilise, even in handheld mode.

If, and I doubt they will, but IF they port it, expect map overlay in top right, item wheel in bottom right and hunter arts placed either along the bottom in a row or somewhere near your HP.
Also, Switch JoyCons have waaaay too many buttons on them, they'll just be put on the + and - buttons, or the second triggers.

The real question is: will they keep Hunter Arts in MH5? They're pretty iffy for some weapons, and make others overpowered.

I wouldn't count out the switch
It'll have fair adoption in the only country that matters to the japs, and it'll technically be the only handheld on the market aside from the 3ds, which is apparently a massive plus
At this point it's either that or continue to stagnate on the 3ds, which isn't a great long term strategy

Alchemy Style (Renkin Style) is apparently support mode. You get 5 gauges, and they fill up at the same time. Not sure how they fill, probably attacks. You set one of the following to each slot, and once it's filled, you can use your magical alchemy barrel to create and use it.

Alchemy Food: increases maximum amount of stamina. Unlike other types of food, alchemy food has a shorter cooldown period;
Alchemy Style Whetstone: can be used on your weapon to recover some of its sharpness, and allows you to fill up your Arts Gauge faster for a limited period of time;
Alchemy Style Bullet: a special bullet for a Bow Gun weapon. Allows you to quickly fill up the Art Gauge when it hits monsters;
Alchemy Bottle: a bottle containing special coating for your arrows. Allows you to quickly fill up the Art Gauge when it hits monsters;
Alchemy Immunizer: allows you to gradually recover your health for a limited period of time. Unlike other types of food, has a shorter cooldown period;
Alchemy Sonic Bomb: emits a high frequency sound that small monsters and some large monsters cannot stand;
Alchemy Earplugs: a consummable item that protects you from a monster’s roar once;
Alchemy Fast-Acting Medicine: a special medicine that allows you to create items via alchemy faster;
Alchemy Bazooka: special explosives that use Mystery Alchemic Barrels;
Alchemy Battle Ball: fills up the Art Gauge of hunters near you by a certain amount;
Alchemy Healing Barrel: removes negative statuses and heal hunters near you.

Deviants for these monsters:
Diablos
Glavenus
Gammoth
Mizutsune
Astalos
Gore Magala

Can someone give me a link to 6 co-op, or is it just a meme?

It's not going to do well in Japan at all.

Being a handheld is a necessity, and the Switch isn't a handheld.

Neither is stagnating on the Switch. Either Nintendo wises up and makes a "Switch SS" to make it a genuine handheld, or they give up on the half-assing entirely and make a proper 3DS successor.

Hellblade Glavenus: it can use an enhanced version of its fire explosions.

Heavenly Eye Mizutsune: its eyes were severely injured following a fierce fight with rival monsters, and it became blind. As a result, all its other abilities were heightened to compensate for the lack of sight. It uses even more bubbles than the vanilla variant, with a brand new type of bubbles.

Blue Thunderlord Astalos: it possesses enhanced lightning abilities. He can make an electric sword from his horn.

Silver-Ridged Gammoth: it possess the power of deep ice. If you get hit by its snow abilities, you will not be able to move for a while.

Apparently you have to shake the barrel, and the more you shake it, different items can be made. Presumably, the more shakes the better items can be made.

Replaces a Hunter Art. Alchemy Style has all 3 slots designated as SP Mode.
Stands for Style Power-Up Mode. Activate it and everyone gets a buff depending on their chosen style:
Guild Style: allows you to use certain items faster;
Striker Style: your Art Gauge fills up gradually even when you’re not hitting monsters;
Aerial Style: lowers stamina loss when jumping;
Adept Style: gives you an even bigger window to do the Adept Evade and Guard;
Brave Style: speeds up the rate at which your Brave Gauge fills up;
Alchemy Style: speeds up the rate at which your Alchemy Gauge fills up;
Prowler: reduces cost of skills.

Alchemy also gets bonus buffs when they use their barrel shaking while in SP Mode.

Congagala is back, so is the Jungle field.

Prowlers can go into Beast Mode.
They unleash a giant combo. If they hit the final attack, their Beast Mode levels up.
Level 1: free knockback protection, and you can get back up faster;
Level 2: increased affinity
Level 3: activates SP mode

I wouldn't think it would need it, considering chaos gore is practically already one

Jetpack Gore Magala.
It has rockets n shiiiieeetttt

Bump as I want to talk about XX with anons.

How bad is it if I enjoy playing prowler

Terminyal

The info you posted was good. I don't have anything to add aside from that I want to roleplay an atelier every time I read about alchemy style.

Reddit and Support Girl-tier, tbh fam.
They sit there and think up brilliant ways to utilise World's Strongest and 9 Lives, but then no one really cares because they all pick real weapons and outdamage Nyanters in every single possible way.

Still hoping 6 co-op isn't a meme.
It is, isn't it?

Which Trackpoint cap is that? All the Thinkpad ones I can find have a bigger hole.

Well no new important news about the game has come out in a while besides Lao-Shan Lung coming back, but that's as exciting as hearing Plesioth returning. Hopefully they reveal some new stuff like a returning area or new monster in a few days. I would like to see a big cat Fanged Beast since that group is getting more variety, or maybe another Snake Wyvern, Amphibian, or Fanged Wyvern.

Are you thinking of the new Old Dragon, Balfalk?

capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/XX/monster/main/01.html

The game looks like it's going to be 100% shit, and only compounding on the issues that existed in X.

name/link to of doujin?

Personally, the information I saw while working on updating the copypasta was mostly positive, though I'd rather they not bring out more Two Name Monsters simply because I'm sick of that theme, but I really hate how they're doubling down on Nekojo.

bumpo

Super saiyan god rajang deviant when

MHV

I just need a single pallium fuck

Over 120 glowing slimes and cortexes now.
No pallium.

Well the Switch will have an SD card slot. So it could be possible to import your save from the 3DS version of X or XX to export it as a save on system storage (or game card if it's going to be MHXXHD/MHGenUHD).

Also I have to try out activating hunting arts without touchscreen. It'll make using ZL/ZR for arts tolerable.

On an HD screen I'm sure many of the HUD won't get in the way. I recall the map from 3UHD when it was on screen wasn't that much in the way. It was also necessary for off-TV play. Pretty sure hunting arts gagues can be apart of the HUD on an HD system (which I say can be turned off in the settings if you want).

You just need to get good :^)
Luck is a skill.

The 3U and 4U HUDs were pretty good. They were small, but still easily readable at a glance. X/Gen inflated their size so much, they're way too big for the 3DS's shitty screen now. Fortunately, all of it can be offloaded to the bottom screen or turned off, and still have plenty of room for the HAs leftover.

Yeah, I can't play MHgen with the map on the screen. Which sucks too because I like using the touchscreen for gestures and chat shitposts shortcuts.

Just made my Rathalos set for G rank. Attack up large and crit draw are always good and I had enough slots to gem in health+50 so I don't have to get food from felynes or bring max potions. It also comes with slow charge so I had to gem that out though.
I don't have enough experience with LS because I don't use them but that should help you with GS builds until you find something better for you. You need 2 heavenly rath scales (this game's mantles) to make the set though.

Probably going to make the Silver Rathalos set next because it comes with mind's eye (ESP) so I can go on with using the Shakalaka SnS for the 450 poison because it seems like a fun switch from GSing since it's my main weapon.
I made a post at the beginning of the thread asking if someone was also playing MHFU but it seems we're the only ones.

Anyone has a teostra GQ they could hand me out?
Hammer or GS bias prefered, but anything will do.

Personally, the information I saw while working on updating the copypasta was mostly positive, though I'd rather they not bring out more Two Name Monsters simply because I'm sick of that theme, but I really hate how they're doubling down on Nekojo.>>11786733

The Wii also had an SD card slot, as does the 3DS. There was no carryover from 3 to 3G. That said, there just doesn't seem to be any impetus to make a Switch version, since no one's going to buy it when there's already a 3DS version.

It's like you don't even have the set with

Come on user it doesn't even need a special charm.

The one for the X1 carbon tablets. 4XH0L55146.

Yes, it needs endgame armor which was one of the points of one my posts.
I do, but how does it counter anything that I've said? WE is still a situational skill and crit boost still isn't better than some of the essential skills for weapons and styles that benefit from them. It's good, but not good enough to replace the entire meta of the game(i.e. fun).

I do, but it might be a problem trying to organize this through imageboard communication unless you are here right now of course.

Check out guard skills, guard snsing was extremely viable in fu before they've added more drawbacks to it. Well, for that matter guard gsing is great also, unless you don't have any sharpness to spare.

Frontier.

Welp, I'm here right now if you're still there.

Host a room.

Thanks.
ID: 29-1157-3210-0129
Pass:4444

I could also send you palicoes in gen, if you have it.

Nah, I'm waiting for XX.
Thanks again.

Can anyone host the Hunter's Ticket quest in 4u for me (Emerald Congalala, Kecha, And Furious Rajang)? I only need one ticket. If I can get the quest myself, how?

Oh never mind, is it called "Hear No Evil, See No Evil"? I think I found it.

Wanna do it together? Just tell me your room's id

Sure, room ID is 56-5992-2783-1606. If I cart it'll be to Rajang.

Damn it filled up way too fast, maybe next time.

these fucks all picked other quests. i'm kicking people

Alright, going in.

Bye mate, have fun doing whatever you're going to do instead.

Gotta grind some B. Gravios palliums I guess. kill me
Have fun too m8

Well my group tripple carted twice on the Rajang. I died once to his air spin attack thing, 150 hp and ~600 defense and he 1hk.

Anyone feels like farming some 120+ teostras in a bit?

I'll help you but I have to warn you, I've only been playing MHFU and getting readjusted to 60FPS fucks with my eyes.
Post a room when you're ready.

Alright, I'll put it up soon ish

10-9351-3555-0455
Pass is 8888

Are you coming user?

Give me a minute.

I put a room up for farming star knight if anyone's feeling like it.
ID: 19-6152-6447-2966
I'll be here for a while.

Welp I need Immenseness tickets S, if anyone's playing 4U and feels like doing some events just say so.

I need some (monhun GEN) Mizutsune claws, but its a bitch to break for me, what weapon/tactic would be best to break this bitches claws?

Cap it.

Well here goes nothing, of course I get a plate from a shiny drop, but not a single fucking claw.

Why do people do this?

I'm leveling a Teostra GQ, Hammer/HH Bias, currently at 124.
ID:48-7566-1760-8546

Why were they ever removed?

Did someone hire a killer and he capped half the regulars of these shitty generals in the head and replaced them with people that actually love Monster Hunter?
I don't know who did this, but thank god.
I hope those fuckers rot forever in hell.

probably a doublecross port, something like the 3g wiiu port

That's what i've been saying for months.

Problem is, the 3G WiiU port was the shittiest rush job ever.
It actually had input lag, it was truly a shitshow.
I played the WiiU version first and when i got my hands on the 3DS version i couldn't fucking believe the difference.
Like it even has MISSING EFFECTS, if you compare them it's night and day, capcom truly didn't give a goddamn shit.

Don't get your hopes up for a good switch port of XX.
Wait for whatever MH will be Switch exclusive and propely developed on it's hardware from square one.

Any anons in the same boat as me?

Should I convert my save to X then use the transfer tool to put it to XX and hope someone makes an XX to GX tool?

Not this guy obviously but if they start making switch exclusive mh without proper N3ds version i'll fuck some shit up. Playing MH series with my best buddy is the thing that keeps me alive but i don't want to buy new fucking console if the game could be played portable

Just make a backup of your save and convert the other one in preparation for Dubble-X. Don't know how you play the games but you can play it will full moonrunes or wait until a playable English patch comes out.
A U.S./Eu. version should come about 8 months later so expect it about the last few weeks of 2017 if it is announced.

Not I. Styles/arts were a gimmick I got tired of by the end of low rank. It started to feel like a different game/2EZ so I played the rest of high rank in guild style with no skills and just dropped it when everything left was a hyper monster with bloated health bars and infinite stamina. It felt like a worse way of inflating the lifespan of the game than apex monsters in 4U. I think I played it for only a few weeks.

P.S. mounting mechanic was a mistake.

HOLY SHIT I FUCKING HATE RANDOMS

How would you improve/restore monsters and armors in this franchise? i feel they're starting to look too anime-ish. The first game was just common animals mixed together and armors were mostly metal plates with animal skin over them. Now monsters creates bombs, one will fly with rocket propelled wings, and armors now look like enemies from power ranger.

Maybe it's just me and the fact that after a while, you can't work with much to create something new, but looking at the first artbook and comparing it to the latest, the difference it's like night and day.

Everything was going great until YOU showed up.

or a good game out of XX. But that's beside the point.

holy shit it fucking happened again, god's sake.
Does anyone feel like farming some teostras?Seriously it shouldn't be this hard.
ID is 34-7764-9909-7917

You can always solo, just a question of whether it's more enjoyable to do a single 15-30 minute quest with a low chance of failure or spend 5-10 minutes getting a group for fun multi-play and clear in 5-15, but with a high chance of failure, so you'll often have to re-do quests. I often find that in the end the amount of time you spend usually ends up being the same, so it's really just about whether you want to play in a group or by yourself, since each mode has it's benefits and drawbacks.
I would help you, but I actually managed to short the fuse on my 3ds, that and I'm over an hour too late.

We were already in low/mid-fantasy by gen 2 with the actual dragons being regular enemies and not the monhun equivalent of a secret EX boss. The only way to get back to the super-realism with that interesting blend of medieval fantasy and jurassic park aesthetic is to replay gen 1. Barring of course capcom actually, you know, making a good pesudo-mainline game, and one that focuses on keeping stuff low key at that. However you've got a better chance of capcom releasing a monhun without rathalos in it than that happening at this point.

Such a shame. I'm a drawfag and i always get a boner by their old art and atmosphere. I doubt someone else will capture the same aesthetics of this title or capcom regain their sanity, but i'll always hope so.

As incredible damn tedious gen 1 can be mechanically, there was really something special about the world that was built and the way it was presented to you. I think that's what got me into the series more than anything else, so it really is sad to know that there will never be another game that captures that same experience. Still I'm glad the series is still going, a lot of really fantastic games have faired a lot worse than monster hunter has over the years.

How's Generations? Been sticking with MH4U for a while now and I'd like to give MHG a shot, been hearing mixed things. Worth the time it'll take to download?

worth a pirate just to see what people are talking about, but not to stick with it since it's a mess and even if you like it, XX (g rank version) is coming.

I went back to 4u myself after having to fight the same monsters over and over but in sponge version.

I think I'm getting burned out on the franchise. I didn't really enjoy Generations as much as the other games, and I'm more excited for Toukiden 2 than XX

It's probably because generations was a mess.
The style system didn't mesh well with the rest of the game, the new level up system took the fun out of leveling items up because there's no visual indicator other than a crown next to the item.
and yeah I don't blame you XX looks worse than Toukiden 2

It's ok I guess, village is worth playing through at least.
Aerial is amusing sometimes, but is often either impractical to the point of near-uselessness or completely broken depending on the monster you're fighting. Siege fire is now viable in adept mode, but being in adept mode means not really figthing the monster properly because you get panic dive i-frames on every roll, so this falls back under the same clause as aerial. Hunter arts are pretty pointless, some of them can be fun but most serious build only use evasion arts or arts that give a boost to damage for a period of time.
Lastly just about everything fun in the game comes from fighting stuff that appeared in 4U, every new monster and every monster that came back from an earlier gen that wasn't in 4U hasn't really been improved in terms of ai or moveset and are often made more annoying rather than more fun. Also weapon hitboxes have been reduced but monster hitboxes are worse than 4U, so you still get hit by the air a lot (by anything that wasn't ported directly from 4U) but at the same time you can clip your weapons right through monsters' models and often still miss. It's a real mess of a game too because it seems as if there were a couple of very different visions for a monster hunter anniversary game and instead of commiting solidly to one idea and making it work they just threw everything into the pot and ending up with a plate of gruel.

It's definitely just because of generations, there's still a reasonable amount of hope for mh5 being okay, so don't totally forget about the series just yet. I probably wouldn't get your hopes up too high though.

I'm worried MH5 will end up on the switch. I'm not willing to pay for online and that would kill a big portion of the game.

Oh yeah I forgot about that.
Alright fixed it now.

Gen has been made by a different team so the original team might make something that's completely different.

The four villages also does NOTHING for the game at all. I would rather have had a bigger and more fleshed out Beruna than four bite-sized villages.

Democracy at its finest, if everyone has a different idea, lets just do all of them half-assedly!

Anyone wants to bag 1-2 gogs in a few? I'm with a friend btw.

I'm down to help pretty much anyone out. Not grinding for myself at all lately. I'm an HR62 great sword main in Gen but havent touched MH4U in months, so if you wanna hunt there I'll need a few mins to sort my shit out.

FC: 4785-7327-8226. Name is hal. Lemme know if you add me so I can add you back.

I would have asked you to help me get to hr 2 but im going to bed. Good night fam.

I wouldn't bother with English versions period, just switch to XX and don't bother with any potential foreign versions of it.

But what if you actually care about the characters and story in Monster Hunter?

You're a nice person. Take this rare Izumi.

Don't bother trying to argue that flavourtext and characterization are amusing to read and builds the world, 'I can read kindergarten-kanji' guys will just meme at you until you give up.
Although with how bad gens got forcing unneccessary references in and ruining the weapon descriptions with snarky 'jokes' for 90% of the max level weapons, I'm starting to lean towards the 'muh 大刀' fags

It's time to embrace the wonderful world of solo-only autism user.

Don't worry with the Nintendo Switch™ you can spend your valuable Nintenshekels® on out new Pay-to-play online service! Never again do you have to hunt alone. Only 60 Nintendollers™ a month online accesses all yours with only a minor to sever limited censorship*!

*All shekels are directly funded into Safe-space building for Treehouse employees and 'Localizing' problematic content.

Ehh wrong webm, but close enough.

Anyone want to help me get to hr2?

I will make a hub as soon as anyone asks.

Is that a yes?
I just recently killed the glavenus in the village quests so im doing quite well for myself

Please, i have 228 hours of expericne in mh3u and 298 hours in mh4u.

Give me a chance.

Anyone wants to play 4U?

That's even worse.

Try 400 hours in Big guy and 300 in 3u. Part of it was that I had a lot of free time on my breaks at work and waiting around for quite a while back then to get a ride, so yeah I sank a fuck ton of time in Monhun.
So if you want help set up a room, just post what version and all.

Ment for hr2 user

Like removing guild style?

Don't say shit like that, the Capcom shills are around and will assume we want it.

You're right. Personally I'd like more Ebin maymays and bigger health pools on monsters.

Why do you specifically need someone from hotwheels to help you to hr2? It's pretty much just tetsu, gyp and cephalos or something like that, you could easily do it by yourself or with randoms. If you wanted others from here to join you just for fun that's one thing, but needing to carried is never a good a thing especially for hr2. it's particularly bad that your not a brand new player either.

heh

700 hours is like a year

so yeah it's a fuckton of time

I wanted to be carried for fun with you guys. Is there something bad about that?

700 hours was 20 years ago.

yes

____heh_____

700hr/24hr = 29.167days
A year really has 8760 hours

Maybe he means a year's worth of gameplay? That averages out to about 3 hours a day, every day.

I've been blessed.

Awake and ready to hunt if anyone needs assistance.

do you still need help?

tfw no one to level this 130 teostra GQ with

That's even more reason to never play any game in anything but it's native language.

I thought you'd have it maxed out by now since last time I helped you it was at around 121. I've been playing FU but I'd be down to help if I see you post a room while I'm not AFK.
I was looking at some MH Frontier footage yesterday and saw that they have SSJ3 Rajang that shoots Spirit Bombs. I wish we had something like that instead of just "furious" SSJ1 Rajang.

lmao what

You can always actually play frontier. They even have a: *teleports behind you* *unsheathes 1 shot AOE* 'Psshshs, nothin personnel hunter…' - monster

Join me on emulator then.
Go find an iso of portable 3rd and dl ppsspp. multiplayer works great with hamachi.
Singleplayer is also phenominal.

TL;DR: I Talk about what would make an exceptional monster hunter game in my opinion, also it would be a PC release.

My Background: Started in Tri(I used classic controller), then went back to play MHFU because I loved Tri so much, playing portable 3rd now, though Tri was the only one I got to max tier on.
I really want to see an open world monster hunter game, where you can still form parties and having open quests where the first party to take down the monster gets the reward, but this is only in the open world area, with repeatable quest missions in instanced areas for traditional gameplay. (you would need to actually travel to the place, but there would be a village for these areas so you don't have to backtrack. Not to mention a nice massive Loc Lac would exist.)

Furthermore, the biggest catch of all that prevents open world quests from being shit, a new element of gameplay is actually having to track the monster. Paintballs would be taken out or of limited use and psychoserum wouldn't exist because it is a cop-out.
Would add footprints, broken branches, etc. as an actual means to track your monster. You could also hire a scouting balloon that can help you keep track of it, especially if it flies.

Furthermore, and lore friendly, is that when you get carves. you could have ""quick carve"" still bound to the same button that gives a random item AND also have another button combo that brings a menu of things you CAN carve that haven't been slashed or bashed to hell. (Still provides some RNG+breaking parts allows some parts but prevents others.)
Obviously due to your hunting contract with the Guild, you get first picks YOU SHOULD ALWAYS HAVE BEEN ABLE TO PICK YOUR CARVES REEE on 3 carves from that menu (Obviously playing a carving animation when you pick one, with a slicing open animation when entering the menu). I swear an NPC says that in one of the games. Also, it would be a PC release first, getting ported to consoles after.

Constructive criticism welcome.

Edit, because 8chins doesn't have that feature: The open world would or could be a lot like the free roam mode started in Tri, where you could pick up a monster forecast, hunt it across a section of the open world (though obviously in the actual games it has been just one of the maps.) and the team to (In a formula, do the most damage to it, with killing blow lending a reasonable bonus) would get the rewards that are simply placed on that monster. (Village points, currency, carves, etc.)

Anyone need help with quests? I've got a free day and I'm bored, while MHG and MH4U random lobbies are all shit.

Please go back to /r/Holla Forums or even just tie a noose and utilise it.

In like 30 mins I might do some 4U stuff

Anybody want to help me with the key quests? Im hr2.

Yeah its carrying, but i dont give a fuck. I just want to play with Holla Forums.

Playing MHG
Hub ID
22-9824-6802-9252

Coming now.

Double check that hub ID, please. I'm not finding anything.

in a bit, sorry about that.

Welp, got to hr3 with some randoms, sorry about that. Tomorrow i will set up a server for you guys only. HR3 got the super CHURAYZEE monsters too so im sure it will be fun!

I'm glad you're having fun but like I said before, you could get to hr4 at sanic speeds even solo and then just ask to play with hotwheels at HR. Still, having fun is the primary objective in monster hunter so I can't really complain.
To be honest I'd probably join you either way though if I didn't fuck up my 3ds.

This is so awful I don't even know where to start. Is this some kind of new pasta?

I've never killed anything in the 5 hours I've played this game. I don't have any idea how to actually do anything and the quest system, while I understand it enough to complete something - if i were able to kill something - i still feel like im missing something

I'd love to help you but I have no idea what you're trying to say here

i dont either

Well…
Good luck with that then?

its dont

What happened? Did you screw up the cfw process? Or did you break is physically? If its cfw I can help user, I know a good bit about that.

I opened it up to see if I could fix my slide pad without buying a replacement one, when i went to test if it was working any better I wasn't paying attention and placed the battery on with the polarity reversed. I don't have the right tools to check for sure if this is what's happened but, I'm farily certain I shorted the fuse and need a new daughterboard and apparently also a new chip which I forgot the name of that the 3ds needs in order to actually store charge in the battery. So yeah, pretty well fucked up
I'm considering replacing it eventually, since the r button y button slide pad and down on the d-pad were all having issues anyway, but I'm hoping the prices might drop after the switch comes out. At least 11+ has been cracked so I don't have to worry about that when I do get a new one.

goddamnit

Buy a n3ds off of ebay/craigslist or whatever. They get pretty cheap especially compared to their current price in stores. The only thing ive seen different compared to the o3ds is how smooth it is, faster processing speed, and 2 games. I just rather have faster, better performing stuff in my opinion.

Then follow this 3ds.guide/ and you'll have all the gaems user.

Pretty much my plan for the moment, thanks though, maybe I'll get one in time to carry you in double cross at least, hah.

Teostra 126+ Room up. Bias is LS/GS
01-1941-4991-8375

I hope the entire American continent and sinks into the fucking sea.

Necessary sacrifices must be made to protect the vidya.

Source?

Got back into monhun4u after buying it a while back when I picked up the light bow gun. I'm having fun.

That gets rid of most of the cancer in America while still keeping a lot of land.

Marketing anything to America just seems to damage it.

The game is region locked, if they're playing the NA/EU version you can't play with them anyway even if you do multiplayer shit to begin with

Doing a HR7 Urgent in MonhunGen if any user wants to join:
42-66630324-0376 no pass

Scratch that connection is gone to shit, not sure if its Server based or just my internet will try again tomorrow, tired as fuck from work to continue today

bump
Anyone has a Jho GQ by the way?

You do.

Anyone up for a few games of MH? I got all the games going back to FU so just let me know what you'd like to play, I'm just trying to kill some monsters it doesn't matter what. It seems that these threads are finally slowing down but at least a majority of the spergs/autists have left as well.

One of the biggest spergs/autists these threads have ever seen reporting in.
Want to hunt some grimclaw?

How long were you lurking there?

Is that the deviant Tigrex? I don't have much experience with Gen and I don't believe I've fought that deviant before but I'm down. Post a room
No skills/arts pl0x

I think you forgot to read the first sentence.

Woosh, (1) again!

56-0494-2151-2337

HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT
HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

Wouldn't hurt the wallet too much to play MonHunV

That will always annoy me

Sorry for bailing on you so soon but I got an appointment in less than 30 mins.
getting a wisdom tooth removed because it's coming out at an angle

Don't worry, I was getting tired from being too obnoxious thus carted two times on the 2nd hunt, so you kinda missed a bullet there.

Anyone got the translated P3rd HD iso?

Anyone got any good ideas for custom quests?
I'm making one where you gotta fight 5-6 tiny furious rajangs with a fraction of their original hp but the same damage.

Should they be in 4U or Gen? I thought of a quest that could be good for charm farming, you would get a bunch of charms in the rewards but you would have to fight some hard stuff in return. Not sure what though.

4U.
I've got a bunch of quests like that, I can host some for you if you want.
My biggest issue is that good charms require you to beat 140+ GQs, and it's pretty unfeasible to find a group of randoms that can do so.

World Eater 2.0 with a giant Savage Deviljho oughta be fun.

These quests are the worst, though.

Wasn't that bad back in Tri.

Or the untranslated one?

The only one I've ever really enjoyed was the giant Arena Nibbelsnarf in 4U. Otherwise giant monsters are just a "fuck you" to all Blademasters with all of their weakpoints 30 feet off the ground like Plesioth.

bump

There's about 10 seconds of the monster hunter movie visible on some 2017 movie preview video somewhere. The clip by itself is in the webm thread right now, even with just the monsters, something about it makes me want to kill myself. I'm just hoping that it's such a hugely unpopular flop that it doesn't start trending on facebook or anything.

It's this one
kek, that looks so bad.

I feel like a hole just opened up in my heart after watching those 10 seconds.

What were they thinking?

Glad to see that respecting the source material is still a blaspheme in hollywood.

WTF IS THIS SHIT?!?!?!
Why, Just WHY?
Everything hollywood touches turns to shit, its like the Midas touch of shit, got something golden, boom now its shit, enjoy.
Worst part is fucking normalfags will eat this shit up and make it the next Resident evil of 4 convoluted waifu wankfest of the directors dream gril hunter or fuck boi hunter with that tron looking ass nigger.

tron fucker is from the actual tron, i guess webm was badly cut

I believe so, not that I made the webm, but this seems to be the source, around 2:30
vimeo.com/191174741

there's another clip at about 3:30

I don't know whether to laugh about the fact this rathalos is straight up doing a ripped tigrex animation or that it looks like a plastic toy
Actually I might just cry about both

>shoe horning some good old interracial romance into it :^)
I think I can already feel the metastases spreading.

Don't forget that Gore has eyes now. I hope this is just a concept to get the thing pitched.

That's what I thought at first, but I'm pretty sure gore's eyes are just hidden when the feelers aren't out, which they are in this shot, though in the wrong angle.

the black scales need to molt before its eyes are visible, they're just straight up ignoring details.

someone post the webm, I need to see this

someone read the thread

bump

Fuck you too capcom.

Pretty sure this is just a mockup for someone's portfolio.
Paul W S Anderson was already put onto work the MonHun film and he said it wasn't under production yet just a couple weeks ago. He's the only one with rights to the series.

That being said, monsters attacking our world is exactly what he pitched his script as.

Which makes literality no sense, minegarde is it's own completely separate world has no connection with out world what so ever.
And i'm calling it now, the main felyne will have a ghetto nig accent and speak in slang, just you watch.

Minegarde is Earth in the future.

Anyways, his script outlined some American finding out his ancestors were from Mingarde, then he travels there, training montage ensues, then comes back and fights monsters.

The script doesn't mention a museum, but does mention an airport.
Still going to go with this being test footage for some guy to put on his portfolio.

It's such a stupidly simple thing to turn into a movie too

There, it's so fucking easy and fits the title of "MONSTER HUNTER" perfectly. And the plain story gives plenty of room for world building/fanservice for people. I fucking know there's a cabinet full of design documentation and lore somewhere in capcom. We've seen bits of it in the CG shorts and art books, and it's too god damned consistent and well thought out to not have metric fucktons of rules and history.

what

A close up of the more complicated weapons working would be a pretty sight on screen, too. But clearly that idiot's convinced making an actual, no bullshit monster hunter movie will summon the money eating locusts.

famitsu.com/news/201702/07126229.html

Guess I'm going to the bookstore on my way to work tomorrow.

This page itself mentions that the article has information on Balfalk and Ouma Diablos, new Two Name Monsters, more returning monsters, new Hunting Skills, and new Nyanter/Otomo Airu Support Actions.

You a JapAnon?
If you could scan and translate, I'd suck your e-peen.

Don't have a scanner unfortunately, but I'll pick it up tomorrow and translate what I can.

Thanks.
I just want to hear about the new monsters, myself. Anything to do with weapons is too hard as I only use GS, since MH1.

No problem. For now, I'll just post the old scans I have from a previous issue, since I forgot to include them with the opening stuff, and if anyone has other more recent scans of readable quality they want to contribute, I'll save them and include them with the next OP.

Info from the Latest Famitsu Scans via BannedLagiacrus

Hidden Haze Malfestio
*This Malfestio is able to turn invisible, allowing it to sneak up on foes easily.
*Much like Chameleos and Gypceros, Hidden Haze Malfestio is well known for stealing items from hunters.
*It is said that it loves to steal healing items, such as Potions and Energy Drinks.

Massacre Demon Diablos
*Though it has a Rage Mode, Massacre Demon Diablos actually has a second Rage Mode.
*This state can be called the Massacre Charging State (Japanese 狂暴走状態).

Nerscylla and Gravios
*Nerscylla and Gravios are confirmed for MHXX! They aren’t much different from what we remembered in previous games.
*Basarios is likely back too since its icon appears on one of the cases for MHXX.

Hunter Arts
*Great Sword - Moon Breaker (Japanese ムーンブレイク): A powerful attack that sends the hunter spinning in the air with the Great Sword, in a moon crescent like shape, and performing a deadly slash.
*Long Sword - Devil’s Blade (Japanese 妖刀羅刹): The Long Sword gains an attack buff at the cost of a hunter’s health constantly decreasing. If the hunter hits a target, they’ll regain their health with each attack.
*Sword and Shield - Blade Oil Chaos (Japanese 混沌の刃薬): Puts all Blade Oil types on Sword and Shield at once. Even with this art, you can still add more blade oil on the weapon.
*Dual Blades - Rasenzan (Japanese ラセンザン): A special leaping strike combo that can deal more damage than usual if a hunter aims for the weakspot of a monster.
*Hammer - Impact’s Pulse (Japanese インパクトプルス): A special art that surrounds the hammer in a glow. This art increases the range of the hammers impact with each attack.
*Hunting Horn - High Animato (Japanese アニマートハイ): This art allows for the Hunting Horn to play songs by just evading attacks, even evading in the middle of melodies for buffs.
*Lance - Healing Guard (Japanese 治癒の盾): An AoE healing art. While guarding with the weapon, hunters will heal themselves and fellow teammates in an area as they do so.
*Gunlance - AA Flare (Japanese AAフレア): A Hunter Art that specializes in knocking monsters out of the air. Hunters will fire of their shots in the air before performing a powerful wyvernfire in the air.
*Switch Axe - Tempest Axe (Japanese テンペストアクス): This art strengthens the Switch Axe’s Axe Mode and makes the attacks in this mode quicker. This art also grants the Axe Mode some new attacks as well.
*Charge Blade - Chain Saucer (Japanese チェインソーサー): A Charge Blade art that fills up the phials for the weapon.
*Insect Glaive - Bug Senses Intensification (Japanese 覚蟲強化): The art increases the mobility of Kinsects, but also increases the amount of stamina they use.
*Bow - Strength of an Anchor (Japanese 身躱し射法): Allows for hunters to fire arrows at a monster as they evade backwards.
*Light Bowgun - Charge Shot (Japanese チャージショット): This hunter art allows for hunters to fire all LV1 shots in a powerful single shot.
*Heavy Bowgun - Heavy Slicing Shots (Japanese 射突型裂孔弾): These are more powerful versions of the Slicing Shots. These shots can cut off parts much more easily, compared to normal ones, due to their specially customized shells.

Prowlers
*Prowlers have a new skill that allows them to use a Farcaster.
*Prowlers have a new skill that allows them to burrow underground and perform a surprise attack with their weapon.
*These cats can place down cannons and fire themselves from them in order to attack monsters.
*This gives them a chance to deal mounting damage to the monster.
*Prowlers have a new skill that allows them to roll objects at foes, dealing impact damage.
*Support Prowlers have a horn that activates the SP State for a skill now.
*Prowlers can now set a Healing Fountain down.
*These support cats have a special skill that grants fellow teammates many resistances to certain statuses, such as Stun.

I'm sorry Gypceros, I take everything back. I'm already about to blow a gasket.
The only way to fix SA they could come up with is another fuckin HA. Just kill me. Maybe, just maybe it's not gonna be shit
Description sounds kinda meh. Was hoping for surface-to-air dakka and less cuh-ray-zee jumpin' blasts.
Could it be possible, with a dedicated set, to 1-hit-status some monsters with this?

JapAnon, do you actually live there? If so, do you have MonHun buddies and what are their thoughts on the mess that is MHXXXX?

Deepest lore?

Post more tidbits. I read something interesting about the backstory of Lao Shan Lung, but I just can't for the life of we remember what it was

Maybe the 'Lao is a good boy, he was just running from Fatalis' pseudo plot-line

Fuck i can't remember how to check village contribution points in mhgen, i haven't acquired the 3000 point award for 3 of the villages and want to check how close am i

I remember hearing they recycled this concept for Gogmazios or something.

pls make it stahp

frenzied hyper apex furious slaughter demon femDiablos
Designed by the fine people of Frontier™

anyone? i think i spoke with all NPCs and can't find it

Think they'll push the basic game out there or will they have the decency of waiting for the ultimate edition before shipping it to the English speaking world?
I'm still fucking pissed over the whole NO U VERSION OF GENERATION then suddenly OH SORRY WE GONNA DO IT ANYWAYS

gamefaqs.com/boards/163462-monster-hunter-generations/74338381
7 seconds in Google, are you un-ironically mentally challenged or something? I mean, why would you even want to rely on 8ch for information on something so trivial?