Better than the country games.

user I like the Halo games but

The game fucking came ou-

jesus has it been that long

NANI?!

We're all gonna fucking die soon.

You stupid underage faggot, I hope you choke to

Jesus christ never mind

I started browsing imageboards when i was 16, in 2009. So i don't think the age limit will stop them.

I've barely even noticed.

>I will never be able to survive

Mission Objective:
SURVIVE

What's stopping them now, you cum gurgling cock mongrels?

It's more the fact that they can make their age known, making you feel old, etc.

Considering shit like Overcuck threads and Titancuck 2 shilling it's obvious we have underage cancer on the board already

Halo Reach came out in 2011 you fuck-

HOLY JESUS SHIT.

I was going to call you a faggot but

Time flies I guess

Confirmed solid Halo entry and objectively a proper demonstration of how much content can be packed onto a single disc.

Also postan first leaked Halo Reach art IIRC.

I miss playing Truth and Reconciliation on Co-op with a buddy, covering each other with sniper fire and BTFOing the camoflauge sword elites while protecting your marines

so is there ever going to be a Halo Online server again or is that just never going to come back?
Sage for offt-topic

we didn't have enough people to justify starting it up again if I recall
just like Battlefront 2 and PS2 it's best to move on and keep the memories of fun had.
>tfw nothing will ever recapture the magic of playing multiplayer games with Holla Forums during their height

nigger if you want to shoot people and call them faggots, just install BF2 revive

That looks like an awesome game, user. Fun, simple, challenging - I'm sure - at times.

Reach sucked ass and whoever thought the blurry frame blending bullshit was a good idea should be shot, incinerated, and every record of him ever existing purged from the earth.

More like frustrating and infuriating, Codemasters were a bunch of lazy fucks so they ported the ZX Spectrum version to the Commodore 64 without a single change even though the C64 was more powerful and capable of better graphics and sound.

The issue is much more that people refuse to lurk. I first found halfchan back in (I want to say) ninth grade, but I at least had a respect for the rules and posterbase and just lurked for a few years before ever bothering to post anything.

user that's what fun and simple games are. Mario is frustrating and infuriating when you're shit at vidya because it's so simple yet you can't do it right.

I only lurked just over one year, but I really wonder what the difference is between people who lurk and people who don't. I imagine the people who don't were either never told to "shut up while grown ups are talking" as kids, or if they were told that, that it made them such oblivious attention-whoring faggots everywhere else that they still don't get the hint when we they're told to kill themselves/stop posting.

The way I saw it back then, I understood why newfags, especially underageb& newfags, were an issue and didn't want to become part of the problem. So I was content to just read threads, save images, screencap shit, etc, and get a general feel for how anons behaved so that I could fit in. The first time I posted was actually a slight moment of anxiety, but here we are now over a decade later (and it's honestly interesting to look back in my folders and see how things changed over the years; I remember back when demotivators were considered acceptable to dump whole threads of). And even now I still mostly lurk instead of post, especially on boards for topics I'm trying to gain a better feel for. The issue is that newfags these days don't want to lurk moar. They want the instant gratification for posting. I've even seen it before where, upon me bringing up that "lurk moar" as a mindset needs to make a comeback, someone responds with "Lurk moar is just a meme", as if no one should take the suggestion to be silent and observe as opposed to shitpost constantly.

The term "lurk moar" isn't a directive of time rather than effort in understanding the spoken language. The imageboards in general are a subculture, and each individual imageboard is a subculture of that, and every such subsect has its own norms and language. As I'm sure the proverb was used, "When in Rome, do as the Romans do." : "Lurk moar".

[suspicion of jews intensifies]

Yeah, I would bet hard cash that people who say that did not find IBs before 2010.

Of course. I also imagine that the lurk-time required to really fit in varies from board to board. A newfriend will fit in much more quickly than on, say, /fit/ than on Holla Forums.

Yeah, it's not so much the time factor, I'm just saying that the idea of shutting up and just observing things is a very valid idea to build knowledge of what people think, how people post, etc.

Hasn't helped matters that, unlike halfchan's earlier years of being able to grow their own posterbase organically (aside from some of the earliest people being 2003 or earlier SA rejects), Holla Forums hasn't had the benefit of existing before shitholes like reddit and tumblr came into being.

Kill yourself op.

I remember when Holla Forums used to have threads about how people would one day have nostalgia for Halo. And now here we are.

I feel nothing. Curious.

and why would you? Can't fight time.

No, I just thought that I'd feel something about it but I no longer have the pointless anger of a younger man.

the only way I can ever see myself playing a legitimate Halo game again is if they make one for the PC

No.

Speaking of real nostalgia, why doesn't Lego tell TT or any other WB dev like Monolith to create a great G1 Bionicle game? Nobody cares about original IP toys anymore so that's why G2 failed, and the lore sucked too. Bionicle has all the potential to rival something like WH 40k in terms of lore complexity. I would love to see a Bionicle action RPG or stealth game.

Xbox 360 emulation when? I wanna play 3/OST/reach with a mouse and don't feel like buying a console for 3 games.

never ever

Oh shit

I know you're joking, but you might just be. Lots of anons were born after the n64 came out.

Moot was a teenager when he made 4chan.
I was a teenager when i joined 4chan

That's nothing, wait until midlife crysis is just by the door and your childhood game came out 20 years ago.

That cannot be true because I got a DS shortly after launch, and that was only a couple of years ago.

Isn't Bionicle Heroes basically the proto-lego collectathon?

2004. You're old.

11 years.

15 years old this year.

Thing is we've had threads about Halo, shit people feel nostalgic for Half-life, the game that was linear as fuck.

All gone.

fuck

but i already do

Yeah. Too bad they wasted the Inika and Piraka on that game.

How's your second semester of uni OP?

eldewrito.com/

Get your asses in here.

Banjo-Kazooie
Dynasty Warriors 3
Medal of Honor European Assault
Dead Space

Halo Reach had good Forge. That was the only objective improvement it brought to the franchise. Everything else-especially the campaign-was shit.

I've never understood this complaint, on average it's about as good as 3's. The story isn't any worse either (it has incossnticies with TfoR but they got explained without retcons and it's not lik 3 didn't butcher truth's character either or anything) Meanwhile, the MP has worse maps and a few iffy changes but it also has a lot of postive changes and adds firefight. As you mentioned, it also has a way better forge.

2 > ODST > Reach > 3 > CE = 5 > 4 overall, i'd say, though worth noting i'm not acconting for price or ODST and would be lower.

Really with 5's campaign wasn't so eh and it had local play, the MP and forge are amazing in it.

Wars > everything else

Now I know you have no idea what you're talking about if you think that Reach was better than CE AND 3. If you make me choose between brown and grey empty plains in a Scorpion, bright yellow and bloom plains in a Chopper, and snow levels in a Scorpion, I'll take the last two. The only redeeming parts of Reach's campaign are the Covenant flagship with Jorge and [spoilers]OBJECTIVE: SURVIVE[/spoilers]

You are going to have to specify exactly what about 3 you prefer over reach beyond the vehicle sections, because I agree that Tsavo Highway, The Ark, and especially The Covenant are all better then most/all of Reach's campaign, but I think aside from those most of Reach's missions are better then 3's.

As far as CE, people have giant nostalgiagoggles for it. It's lacking enemy and weapon variety, has copy pasted hallways and coordiors out the ass, reuses the first 3 missions for the last 3, just in reverse, and has wide open, empty spaces to just try to pad out the hallways I mentioned before. For it's time it was impressive and I would argue it;'s aged a lot better then a lot of other classic FPS's which share it's level design woes, but it's still horrendously repetitive and tedious at times.

In fact, here's how I would compare each indivual mission of CE, 2, 3, and Reach:

The Covenant > The Ark > The Great Journey > Delta Halo > Regret > Lone Wolf > Tsavo Highway = The Silent Cartographer > Long Night of Solace > Metropolis = Outskirts > Gravemind > The Pillar of Autumn (Reach) > Cairo Station > Assault on the Control room = The Package > Truth and Reconciliation = Halo (3) = Tip of the Spear > Sierra 117 > The Storm = Exodus > Uprising = Crows Nest > Nightfall > The Package > Winter Contingency = The Pillar of Autumn (CE) > ONI: Sword Base > New Alexandria > Halo (CE) = 343 guilty spark > The Arbiter > High Charity > Sacred Icon > The Maw = Floogate > Keyes > Two Betrayals > Quarantine Zone = Cortana > The Oracle > The Library

The Covenant - LnOS is what I would consider "excellent" missions, Metropolis to Tip of the Spear is what I would consider "great" missions, Sierra 117 to ONI: Sword base are "Good/Decent", New Alexandria to Keyes or Two betrayals are sub-par, and quartine zone to the library are outright bad.

I liked them all, however 4 onwards my enjoyment has dropped significantly

ironic shitposting is still shitposting

said the shitposter